X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
    An Post proving to be a worthy replacement for Ulsterbank

If you want a good laugh have a look at their An Post Money app reviews in the Google Play Store. Mad the amount of shite some people put up with before they do anything about it.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Broad Peak on Netflix for you mountain climbing fans. Tis good .

Comment

The Mason Greenwood case will make for some interesting debate over the next few weeks. It’s probably not unlike the Paddy Jackson thing where there is enough smoke without fire to create too much of a disturbance in the camp. I think the notable factors from a decision making perspective (without debating this actions) are that i) united need a striker so might be more inclined to take him back and ii) they’ve been playing so well and with a seemingly improved discipline that it would seem likely they bring in someone who could disrupt that.

I’m in the “don’t bring him back” camp, because I think it’ll create a whole load of disturbance and ii) because I have no idea of the facts of why the case was dropped etc. so I’m not taking any vie on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
          The Mason Greenwood case will make for some interesting debate over the next few weeks. It’s probably not unlike the Paddy Jackson thing where there is enough smoke without fire to create too much of a disturbance in the camp. I think the notable factors from a decision making perspective (without debating this actions) are that i) united need a striker so might be more inclined to take him back and ii) they’ve been playing so well and with a seemingly improved discipline that it would seem likely they bring in someone who could disrupt that.

I’m in the “don’t bring him back” camp, because I think it’ll create a whole load of disturbance and ii) because I have no idea of the facts of why the case was dropped etc. so I’m not taking any vie on it.
          I’d be very surprised to see him back on the pitch for Man Utd. My initial thought was he’d go abroad, maybe the Italian or Turkish league.
          If he continued to progress, a team in England may take him back in a couple of years provided he stays out of trouble.

Comment

The story is unfathomably difficult to know what actually happened through the timeline of events. The only known info is the videos, photos and bail condition breaches. What information came to light leading to charges being dropped, that's the most curious part to me. I don't think this will be made public or leaked.

There are never any winners. The repeated takeaway in these cases reinforces how hard it is for abuse victims to come forward. Irrespective of guilt, innocence or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
              The story is unfathomably difficult to know what actually happened through the timeline of events. The only known info is the videos, photos and bail condition breaches. What information came to light leading to charges being dropped, that's the most curious part to me. I don't think this will be made public or leaked.

There are never any winners. The repeated takeaway in these cases reinforces how hard it is for abuse victims to come forward. Irrespective of guilt, innocence or otherwise.
              Just came across the original video that was leaked, definitely more than enough for me to be happy never to see him play for united again. Mightn’t have done what was charged, but the bar for playing in such a high profile club has to be higher than criminal prosecution I think.

Comment

He's probably worth about £100m more than Paddy Jackson is the real conundrum

Comment

There is a difference between someone being not found guilt in court and someone where the charges were withdrawn because key witnesses withdrew their statements.

I think there was far too much damaging stuff in the original things that came out to ensure that he never has as top level a career as it looked like he would 15 months ago, but at the same time, if he can take any opportunities offered to him, he would still be able to have a career out of it, but he won't be marketable at all in terms of any lucrative sponsorships. I doubt he'll play for utd again, but equally they likely won't be able to just sack him without a big payoff.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

There is a difference between someone being not found guilt in court and someone where the charges were withdrawn because key witnesses withdrew their statements.

I think there was far too much damaging stuff in the original things that came out to ensure that he never has as top level a career as it looked like he would 15 months ago, but at the same time, if he can take any opportunities offered to him, he would still be able to have a career out of it, but he won't be marketable at all in terms of any lucrative sponsorships. I doubt he'll play for utd again, but equally they likely won't be able to just sack him without a big payoff.
                    Wouldn’t disagree with that at all. Though Partey is happily playing away in the premier league for Arsenal under not dissimilar circumstances so I’ve no idea how it’ll end up, and the Mendy case is also working its way through the courts in France - https://www.lemonde.fr/en/france/art...6011563_7.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      He's probably worth about £100m more than Paddy Jackson is the real conundrum

Seems to suggest you’re correct

Comment

If yer one had of put out he'd wouldnt have been in trouble .

Grernwood be llsying soon at Old Trafford. Durty basta. .

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I’d be very surprised to see him back on the pitch for Man Utd. My initial thought was he’d go abroad, maybe the Italian or Turkish league.
                          If he continued to progress, a team in England may take him back in a couple of years provided he stays out of trouble.
                          Everton might take him
                          They love Man Utd cast offs

Comment

Exciting times for Eamo and Dublin airport.

Looks like they're trialing a machine that scans bags as they are, nothing needs to be removed. Zipped right through.

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To...

Thoughts on the Apprentice last night?

SPOILER
                              I thought the wrong team won.
                              As soon as Bradley threw the team under the bus regarding the logo I immediately thought he’s never winning the show now.
                              That’s a fundamental personality trait that Sugar would hate.

No surprise she went but neither of those lads are winning.

Dani remains the fav for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Looks like they're trialing a machine that scans bags as they are, nothing needs to be removed. Zipped right through.
                                Had these at at airport in the US, think LGA, and it’s an absolute dream.

Comment

Great news for reducing airport stress. The amount of hassle those scanners will save!

The one time I got pinged for a full bag inspection was when the airport had a huge security queue. A further queue for bag inspection and then a sprint to the gate. All due to a laptop charger and battery pack that I was told could stay in the bag.

Denny Crane what terminal is this trial happening in or do you have any more info on it?

Comment

I was in terminal 1. Only saw one of them.

They're standard in newer places.

In Dublin they're getting rid of the liquid limits later in the year. Guessing it's when they do the full rollout.

Comment

Wouldn’t disagree with that at all. Though Partey is happily playing away in the premier league for Arsenal under not dissimilar circumstances so I’ve no idea how it’ll end up, and the Mendy case is also working its way through the courts in France - https://www.lemonde.fr/en/france/art...6011563_7.html
                                      Difference with the Partey one (and I may be wrong on this) is that there is no video, no photos, no audio, etc which seem pretty damning. Even if his girlfriend has forgiven him and there isn't enough to prosecute on without her involvement, that's a far cry from not having done anything wrong. I don't know if the Partey thing is just one word against another at this point or if there is more to it, but a clear difference at this point imo. Ban them all for life though, just in case.

Comment

His girlfriend most likely got a big pay out and signed an NDA right? Wonder how that works. Is the money held in escrow until the charges are dropped?
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

In Shannon since last year...ye need to leave the Pale.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

https://www.luna-restaurant.com/ booked for first date with my wife in nearly a year.
                                            Hopefully not shit.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              https://www.luna-restaurant.com/ booked for first date with my wife in nearly a year.
                                              Hopefully not shit.
                                              Make sure she turns up

enjoy

Comment

Dukes turn to pinstick us a Fundalk punt

Comment

Was just out in the field talking to the full sister to the fav in the next. Our one hasn't taken to the surface in Dundalk but Dr Grace has already shown she handles it. A bit skinny at 2/1 but I don't see any better value in it

3/1 now with a bit of a punt happening on Noel Meade's and Sweeney's hmmmm.
                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-02-23, 18:01.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Any name

Comment

Never in doubt

Comment

Couldn't do much worse than our resident tipster I suppose.

Everyhouronthehour in the 7 o'clock. E/W like a pussy.
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Couldn't do much worse than our resident tipster I suppose.

Everyhouronthehour in the 7 o'clock. E/W like a pussy.
                                                          Going to go with the current mood of taking on our resident tipster with the aptly named AfterJohn in the 6.45, Poppy on a heater tonight.

Comment

[QUOTE=Strewelpeter;1730753]Was just out in the field talking to the full sister to the fav in the next. Our one hasn't taken to the surface in Dundalk but Dr Grace has already shown she handles it. A bit skinny at 2/1 but I don't see any better value in it

3/1 now with a bit of a punt happening on Noel Meade's and Sweeney's hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

So this tip really was from the horses mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Reading Money by Martin Amis at the moment. Its some book - a while since a novel quite gripped me for its inventiveness.
                                                              I read 60 pages of this on the plane. Might have to admit defeat, that it's not for me.

Comment

Going to go with the current mood of taking on our resident tipster with the aptly named AfterJohn in the 6.45, Poppy on a heater tonight.
                                                                Avoiding all Johns from now on

Comment

Mudryk to score for Chelsea tonight imo.

Comment

Avoiding all Johns from now on
                                                                    Be a long time waiting for a piss then
                                                                    bring a bottle if u are going out

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Be a long time waiting for a piss then
                                                                      bring a bottle if u are going out
                                                                      And him in the bathroom trade

Comment

Id imagine not having him back on there would cause some contractual or otherwise dispute. I think you seem him there now, then quietly transferred to some shitty team somewhere abroad in the next window.

Don't think he will play, probably train on his own. ETH probably doesnt want it, and I doubt owners do with potential sale, and I very much doubt the team do.
                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                          Mudryk to score for Chelsea tonight imo.
                                                                          Nah it's traditional to get a red card on debuts now.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

No 2 Daughter flying in for a very short and busy weekend, due to land at 7 they diverted to poxy Shannon because some gobshite was flying a drone over DUB
                                                                            FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              No 2 Daughter flying in for a very short and busy weekend, due to land at 7 they diverted to poxy Shannon because some gobshite was flying a drone over DUB
                                                                              FFS!
                                                                              Near lotto winning chances of that bad luck https://www.independent.ie/news/dubl...-42327251.html
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Nah it's traditional to get a red card on debuts now.
                                                                                Or go off injured

Comment

<horse tipping career plans put on hold>

I met a guy today for a coffee, hadn't seen him for about 3 years. In the space of 15 minutes he managed to sprinkle his conversation with racist asides about Indians and Jews, plus a dollop of anti-female stuff. This in the context of explaining why his career hadn't gone the way he had hoped and also why he was single.

It was almost funny on one level. I caught myself looking around to see had I been transported back to the 1950s and was Don Draper sitting at an adjacent table. Mostly I felt sorry for the guy but also somewhat offended at his blithe assumption I shared his views.

Just...odd.

Comment

Im sure someone will link it but 6 handed in Bahamas with 4 milly up top thr chippy laughing and joking in SB eyes up BBs Stack and puts 8m chips in from 15m stack. But hr missed thr UTG oprn with JJ and had to fold to the jam losing half his stack

Comment

I met a guy today for a coffee, hadn't seen him for about 3 years. In the space of 15 minutes he managed to sprinkle his conversation with racist asides about Indians and Jews, plus a dollop of anti-female stuff. This in the context of explaining why his career hadn't gone the way he had hoped and also why he was single.

It was almost funny on one level. I caught myself looking around to see had I been transported back to the 1950s and was Don Draper sitting at an adjacent table. Mostly I felt sorry for the guy but also somewhat offended at his blithe assumption I shared his views.

Just...odd.
                                                                                      Ah, it's always weird when you realise some people are not just joshing. Can take years.

Comment

FoD8MZ9X0AMunBp?format=png&amp;name=small.png

Comment

For some context

Comment

Since the inception of chatGPT, there has been a bit of a cat-and-mouse game between some of the users and the people who own it. The owners have for various reasons censored and neutered its abilities. People on Reddit have continually tried to probe it in certain ways to get around these safeguards. This one is great.

Comment

Just...odd.
                                                                                              I guess it depends on how you know him and why you are meeting him but IMO if it's not pure business, more or less anyone I know well enough to be catching up with after a few years I'd more than likely letting a few home truths spill out.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I guess it depends on how you know him and why you are meeting him but IMO if it's not pure business, more or less anyone I know well enough to be catching up with after a few years I'd more than likely letting a few home truths spill out.
                                                                                                The funny thing was he was looking for a job.

Comment

1 shit 2 crap 3 rubbish 4 good . 5 gudjaysus 6. Ah here Clear winner no 4

Comment

Surprised people think Greenwood won't play for United again. If they were going to bin him they would have terminated his contract when he was charged. He's definitely coming back.

Internal process until the summer, then rehab followed by apologies capped off with donations to a domestic abuse charity. If he performs well it'll be forgotten about even quicker. Apart from a few catchy tunes from away fans.

If you subscribe to top level sports you are accepting extremely talented, enabled, well paid, narcissistic athletes committing loathsome acts whether you like it or not. For reference, see... every sport ever.

If you have the talent, you're in your good years and a team has a need. You will have a chance to play unless the prison cell door is locked behind you.

Comment

​​​​​"Money doesn't talk it swears"

What an amazing lyricist, it's like rap fused with poetry and rammed home rock style
                                                                                                      Budokan one of my favourite albums from a few centuries ago it seems now lol

Shot of Love another great album..."Every grain of sand" utterly brilliant

Comment

Looks like KilmaSkid Marks are going to get away with it
                                                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Capel St Chinese aficionados, I'm taking a trip into town tomorrow on the bus with two of the little women.

Any tips on an authentic experience where an 8 year old and a 5 year old might get some not too crazy looking noodles and be welcomed?

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            Capel St Chinese aficionados, I'm taking a trip into town tomorrow on the bus with two of the little women.

Any tips on an authentic experience where an 8 year old and a 5 year old might get some not too crazy looking noodles and be welcomed?
                                                                                                            Have nothing on the food side, but highly recommend the 'Next Bus Dublin' app over the versions from Dublin Bus or TFI https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nextbus.dublin

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                              Since the inception of chatGPT, there has been a bit of a cat-and-mouse game between some of the users and the people who own it. The owners have for various reasons censored and neutered its abilities. People on Reddit have continually tried to probe it in certain ways to get around these safeguards. This one is great.

I got it to code something for me recently. I questioned something that I thought was a mistake. And it replied "good catch!" and fixed it . I asked it a couple of times could it improve on it's answer, and it iterated through it. I still had to finish it myself in the end.

It's like it's a lazy child and it's worth asking it, "is that the best you can do"

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Pretty much anywhere is good. If you really want to stick with Chinese you might be better going to Parnell Street. Like Sichuan Chili King or the places beside it.

I went for lunch in Hilan on Capel street. When I arrived the instantly woman smiled and said said your friend is here and pointed me to my table. We were the only non-Chinese people there

Comment

The funny thing was he was looking for a job.
                                                                                                                  I think it's human nature to presume people are in the same boat as you.

I was at an extended open bar work do, late in the night I was chatting to someone I barely knew, looked down, realised he was drinking a soft drink. Ah fuck.

People who aren't drinking should be issued with a sticker for safety reasons.

I didn't put in my foot in it to any great extent but I wouldn't have assumed the same level of social lubrication.

It's something that I'll have to be conscious of in the future. More people are going off booze as they get older.

​​​​​​

Comment

Quais de Paris 1.20 leopardstown

please don’t tell Dice

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Have nothing on the food side, but highly recommend the 'Next Bus Dublin' app over the versions from Dublin Bus or TFI https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nextbus.dublin
                                                                                                                      That's fantastic. Cheers.

Comment

Pretty much anywhere is good. If you really want to stick with Chinese you might be better going to Parnell Street. Like Sichuan Chili King or the places beside it.

I went for lunch in Hilan on Capel street. When I arrived the instantly woman smiled and said said your friend is here and pointed me to my table. We were the only non-Chinese people there
                                                                                                                        Fair play Denny, Hilan sounds the spot.

Comment

The Vietnamese place beside is good too.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X