This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    They should just give the trophy to the Dutch for the sheer effrontery of that free kick routine.
    Guy who scored the Dutch goal doing it for his club previously. Unreal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Dont think i would ever shed a sports related tear. Privately or publicly. Except maybe in the Movie The Champ.

Sometimes envy the passion some folk have for the game.

Dice looking good. Fingers crossed inspired bet.
      World Cup v Italy, in 90, Mexico and Netherlands in 94 only time I’ve done it (can’t remember re 2002 but do remember grimness after penalty shootout- euros not so much)
      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Made the mistake of switching to Channel 1 after the match. Surely there can't be many more vacuous, dull, bores than Vogue Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Made the mistake of switching to Channel 1 after the match. Surely there can't be many more vacuous, dull, bores than Vogue Williams.
          I switched to listening moar Taylor Swift. Becoming a habit. And obvs the world cup boycott is well over.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I switched to listening moar Taylor Swift. Becoming a habit. And obvs the world cup boycott is well over.
            Its a surprisingly decent new album!
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Its a surprisingly decent new album!
              Surprising? She's been releasing bangers for years.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Our flight to Brussels was at 5.30pm yesterday.
                I am now in Scotland
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  Our flight to Brussels was at 5.30pm yesterday.
                  I am now in Scotland
                  If God had meant you to fly, she would have given you wings

Comment

There couldn't be foul play in Grant Wahl's death. I mean, there couldn't be. I actually believe from seeing a load of reactions that some people want there to be. Frothing at the mouth, hoping there is.

That's very very sad.

Comment

If God had meant you to fly, she would have given you wings
                      Well we made it to Chareloi... €300 and counting including shuttle to brussels
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                        There couldn't be foul play in Grant Wahl's death. I mean, there couldn't be. I actually believe from seeing a load of reactions that some people want there to be. Frothing at the mouth, hoping there is.

That's very very sad.
                        I think there's a large element of twitter wanting it to be a hit job. He wore a pride T shirt which a lot of people have done similar out there. Arrested and released.

The guy was being treated for suspected bronchitis and breathing difficulties before he died. Unfortunately we've all heard stories of people getting chest pains/issues misdiagnosed and then having a heart attack. I'm no Dr twitter by any means but it looks like a very simple but sad explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I think there's a large element of twitter wanting it to be a hit job. He wore a pride T shirt which a lot of people have done similar out there. Arrested and released.

The guy was being treated for suspected bronchitis and breathing difficulties before he died. Unfortunately we've all heard stories of people getting chest pains/issues misdiagnosed and then having a heart attack. I'm no Dr twitter by any means but it looks like a very simple but sad explanation.
                          The anti vax “sudden death” crowd will be all over it too - the seem to scrape the web for any instance like this and use it to claim people are dropping like flies from the vax. Had an encounter with someone IRL like that recently- just nodded and said that’s interesting must look into it while I backed away slowly
                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

On the migrant worker pile

Comment

Is eamonhonda still active? Chances of a Delta flight to JFK at 11.25am Monday morning departing Dublin? Assume they'll have their act together with de-icing stuff by then?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

On a side note, we are now hiring another analyst to bring the team here to a total of 2.
                                My first time being an interviewer, probably a novelty for the first few but I’m told the volume of applicants is incredible.
                                The trick is to weed out the crap ones based on their CV /application and when I say weed out, I mean get your HR Dept. to do the donkey work so you are left with a short selection of fine candidates to sit down with.

Comment

Does anyone know if it's common for bookmakers to withdraw the in-play bookings market during a feisty game? It was withdrawn on the match last night fairly early by Bet365 to my disappointment.

Comment

Leinster annihilating one of their main rivals for the HC away in France. Happy to already have finals tickets in the Xmas stocking.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Great fun trying to get the air to water heating working so far in this weather. I turned on the stats upstairs and downstairs (1 stat upstairs, 2 stats downstairs for some reason) and no heating was happening at all. No matter what I set the stats to the temperature would climb to that number and the boiler would stop being pulled, but nothing was being heated at all, apart from the boiler - and always have hot water too. So firstly, what are the sensors measuring if they think the rooms are hot everywhere in the house when it is absolutely freezing everywhere? Three thermostats saying the temp is rising when nothing is changing?! Then I turn the stats to a lower temp, they stop pulling the boiler, and the stats say the temp is lowering, all the while no temp has changed anywhere.

After 5 days of no heating noticed that the underfloor suddenly was heating. Boiler company came out and were quite confused as it seemed the underfloor controls downstairs were pulling the upstairs heaters and upstairs was pulling downstairs they thought this as the upstairs stat turned on the underfloor heating system in the utility room downstairs - so their theory was that downstairs heated first and turned off upstairs, so they swapped some electrics at the boiler as a hack to make them pull the opposite way.

This has led to only upstairs heating from the downstairs stats with the underfloor system turning on to heat upstairs somehow in the utility and downstairs not heating at all, so they shouldn't have swapped them. So while it is warm upstairs in the bedrooms downstairs is icy now instead. Still the mysterious heating sensors are climbing and lowering without much change of temp in these rooms and the boiler seems to be heating these rooms most of the time, this week electricity is over €100 from heating alone, which is crazy.

I finally also figured out that if I try to turn on upstairs and downstairs at once, they are both pulling with a hot boiler but there is no heating happening at all at the rads or the underfloor, so that is likely why for the first 5 days there was no heating at all, then the upstairs one turned off (it goes to "off" on the stat sometimes all by itself) and then downstairs must have started heating. As to why upstairs turns on the underfloor system downstairs I have no idea.

Good times!

Comment

Was supposed to be flying to Turin earlier, fell foul of the Ryanair cancellation lottery

Moral of the story is that I was proved right by leaving everything to the last minute given I'd yet to book accommodation, transfers, etc.. Procrastination FTW!

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It really would take a heart of stone not to laugh at Ronaldo walking off on his own, in tears and not acknowledging his opponents.

Comment

Fair play to Morocco.

Comment

That was fun. Won't be a sheep milked in Marakesh tonight
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

BBV! I am once again asking for your support.

I am shilling. Massively. 5Star, Lloyd or KevIRL(if you are still alive and kicking) delete this post if you want.

We just launched our Swingtweaks giftcards. https://www.swingtweaks.com/giftcards/

If you know a golfer in your life that needs some help, or you want to be an incredibly thoughtful gift giver this Christmas give them some Swingtweaks.

Swingtweaks lets those golfers record some vids of their swing and upload them to our app, we then have a bunch of PGA Professionals analyze the video, narrate a lesson to the golfers and show them exactly where issues are arising. They also include some general advice and some drills to take to the practice range.

We have legitimately had rave reviews from the golfers that have used it, and the value is incredible at

22 euro for 1
                                                  52 euro for 3
                                                  90 euro for 5.

You can write a personalized gift email to the golfer and we'll deliver on the date you specify with a code they can use in the app to redeem.

I'd massively appreciate any and all support. We've been trucking along and this a good time to get the word out and to delight any golfers you know.

If you are a golfer you can buy for yourself on https://swingtweaks.com/shop.

And if the golfer, or you, are not happy with the first tweak you get, we'll refund you. Bingo, bango, bongo.

Thank you!

EDIT iOS Only!
                                                  Last edited by Theresa; 10-12-22, 17:24.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      It really would take a heart of stone not to laugh at Ronaldo walking off on his own, in tears and not acknowledging his opponents.
                                                      If you were a football fan you might see the poignancy in one of the greatest players ever marching out of football being mocked by people with short or selective memories. His personality is part of what made him great. Its a huge pity he couldn't simply cash out gracefully and leave his legacy untainted. He didnt get the 'getting old' memo. The scary thing now is the quality of some of these English kids coming through . Hope the usual soft English underbelly is exposed tonight - Come on France .

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                        Great fun trying to get the air to water heating working so far in this weather.

Good times!
                                                        Hitchhiker's Guide To... all electric set up isn't seeming as daft as it did a while ago. Even if he ends up in the poorhouse with the bills, at least he'll have been warm beforehand

Comment

Ye should get up for a mountain walk. Was beautiful up there today. Was walking back down and this couple were taking pics of their border collie cross type dog...gas... they pointed towards a rock and he just hopped up and faced the phone posed for a few photos and then hopped down.
                                                          I quipped "hell be looking for a magazine cover next"....much hilarity ensued

Comment

Not a Kanye fan

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                              Ye should get up for a mountain walk. Was beautiful up there today. Was walking back down and this couple were taking pics of their border collie cross type dog...gas... they pointed towards a rock and he just hopped up and faced the phone posed for a few photos and then hopped down.
                                                              I quipped "hell be looking for a magazine cover next"....much hilarity ensued
                                                              Where did you go ? How were the roads ? Did a walk today at ground levrl. Tres boring in comparison.

Comment

Ah, bollix

Comment

Idiotic defending jaysus.

Comment

Ronnie Whelan. National treasure . Who dug him up though ?

Comment

How underrated is Olly G? France top scorer. Some remarkable goals in his highlight reel.

Standard bottle job from England.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        Does anyone know if it's common for bookmakers to withdraw the in-play bookings market during a feisty game? It was withdrawn on the match last night fairly early by Bet365 to my disappointment.
                                                                        I'd be surprised if it's something they normally do - presumably the in-play odds setters would still be able to find a mid-point for over/unders and suchlike where they would get two way trade and resultant profit.
                                                                        At a guess I'd say the problem last night was that there was no reliable count of just how many yellows there'd been already, making setting a market next to impossible.

Comment

Brought a pizza back to my local chipper, because one topping was missing. A new unexpected low.

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... all electric set up isn't seeming as daft as it did a while ago. Even if he ends up in the poorhouse with the bills, at least he'll have been warm beforehand
                                                                            We have one warm living room set at 19.5degrees 6am - midnight. Bedrooms set at a generous 16 degrees from 7pm to 7am. Everywhere else is frozen (although there isn't much 'everywhere else' as its a small house). Still costing 40 kwh a day. That external insulation can't come soon enough!

Comment

Where did you go ? How were the roads ? Did a walk today at ground levrl. Tres boring in comparison.
                                                                              Tibradden. Roads were grand from Rathfarnhan anyway.

I was in trail running shoes on the walk and worked fine.
                                                                              ​​​​​​

Comment

We have one warm living room set at 19.5degrees 6am - midnight. Bedrooms set at a generous 16 degrees from 7pm to 7am. Everywhere else is frozen (although there isn't much 'everywhere else' as its a small house). Still costing 40 kwh a day. That external insulation can't come soon enough!
                                                                                Terraced houses have surprising advantages when they are occupied. I remember my heating bills going way up when my next door neighbour went on a yoga retreat to Tibet in 2018/19.

Comment

Terraced houses have surprising advantages when they are occupied. I remember my heating bills going way up when my next door neighbour went on a yoga retreat to Tibet in 2018/19.
                                                                                  Absolutely. We're end-of-terrace though. So we're the backstop that should be heating all the houses in-between Wish ESB would hurry the fuck up and do something to the wires so we can get insulation outside the house.

Comment

Absolutely. We're end-of-terrace though. So we're the backstop that should be heating all the houses in-between Wish ESB would hurry the fuck up and do something to the wires so we can get insulation outside the house.
                                                                                    Probably weird that I remember the year, but it's because she told me she was going just as I got back from the Pope gig in the Pheano. Still wonder if I was the only IPBer there .

Comment

cash poker in emporium

Comment

When you changed your windows and doors did you put airtight tape on them? That's the biggest game changer for stopping heat loss.
                                                                                        I can't believe the difference its made in our house.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                          How underrated is Olly G? France top scorer. Some remarkable goals in his highlight reel.

Standard bottle job from England.
                                                                                          England in absolute meltdown today. #wewasrobbed brigades out in force. it's never their fault is it!

shame i'm not in the office on monday, as those are the most fun days to be in with a big grin on your face all day long!!!

Comment

Congrats to Pokerhand who took down the IPT Dublin main event for €8,000 yesterday. Nice little boost before Christmas.

Comment

Pray for DP.
                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

England in absolute meltdown today. #wewasrobbed brigades out in force. it's never their fault is it!

shame i'm not in the office on monday, as those are the most fun days to be in with a big grin on your face all day long!!!
                                                                                                France donated 2 needless penalties , Pickford made one or two worldies . Not sure they have 2 many complaints really.

Comment

France donated 2 needless penalties , Pickford made one or two worldies . Not sure they have 2 many complaints really.
                                                                                                  shocking penalties to give away. as stupid as it gets and defense really is a problem for us, but as long as we score goals... i think england had 6 shots on target , result was 0 goals. we had 5 shots on target and 2 goals. that's what it boils down to imo.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    Congrats to Pokerhand who took down the IPT Dublin main event for €8,000 yesterday. Nice little boost before Christmas.
                                                                                                    Cheers Dobby.

Buzzing after that. Didn't think it was going to happen after getting AA cracked on the 2nd hand in the final table in a 1.6m monster pot leaving me crippled with 2.5bb under the gun.

But as they say, chip and a chair
                                                                                                    ​​​​
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Cheers Dobby.

Buzzing after that. Didn't think it was going to happen after getting AA cracked on the 2nd hand in the final table in a 1.6m monster pot leaving me crippled with 2.5bb under the gun.

But as they say, chip and a chair
                                                                                                      ​​​​
                                                                                                      Oh lovely. Makes it even better. Well done.

Comment

Getting the big Xmas dinner for the Dublin family out of the way today. Cooking for 19.

Hoping this is repaid with much festive horsepitality.

Comment

Is eamonhonda still active? Chances of a Delta flight to JFK at 11.25am Monday morning departing Dublin? Assume they'll have their act together with de-icing stuff by then?
                                                                                                          Honestly I couldn't be sure, not working in the operation or working all weekend. I wouldn't be one to believe there's a deicing problem, there's a staffing problem to carry it out.

I'd be confident you'd get our alright but who knows with weather etc
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Don't know how it's taken me 2 years to see this with subtitles

Comment

I've got an LHR trip tomorrow morning at 10:10. Happy enough if it's cancelled!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                I've got an LHR trip tomorrow morning. Happy enough if it's cancelled!
                                                                                                                LHR flights were cancelled/delayed today for some people I know going to Vegas, connecting through it. Seems to be a bigger problem in Britain with the weather with flights to other destinations leaving without issue.

Comment

I'm cancelled tomorrow (LCY), herself too (LHR) for a later one.

A ridiculously busy week that had been lined up now disappearing into 2.5 weeks off.

Dreamy stuff tbh.

Comment

LHR flights were cancelled/delayed today for some people I know going to Vegas, connecting through it. Seems to be a bigger problem in Britain with the weather with flights to other destinations leaving without issue.
                                                                                                                    Strikes an issue too, think the border force are off?

Comment

Good to see fusion power is just ten years away again.

Comment

Travelling back through LHR on the 20th.

Two sep flights, Calg to LHR and then LHR to Dub, two sep check ins, all that noise. No carry on for me. Thats for sure.

Not at all looking forward to it, the brits eh, always at it.

Comment

Surely its something significant if the Energy Secretary is announcing it? Zuut????

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X