Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Wordle Gummidge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Will prob delete tomorrow
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

    Comment


      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Will prob delete tomorrow
      Ah here i look to you for sanity .

      Josh Grobans version pretty much nails that tune.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Is Ronnie Wjelan really the best co-commentator RTE can get? He's a narky auld bollix who's wrong most of the time.
        Ray Houghton does his best to give him a run for his money as the nut worst co-commentator.

        Was actually in town Friday too. Took the day off as had to be chauffer for the aul lad for doctor trips in the morning, Ended up having an excellent feed in Oh My Street.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Is Ronnie Wjelan really the best co-commentator RTE can get? He's a narky auld bollix who's wrong most of the time.
          He posts here as it goes, mostly about the evils of Sinn Fein!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

            Ray Houghton does his best to give him a run for his money as the nut worst co-commentator.

            Was actually in town Friday too. Took the day off as had to be chauffer for the aul lad for doctor trips in the morning, Ended up having an excellent feed in Oh My Street.
            Ha, we could have had a HHE quorum.

            At least Houghton seems to be a jovial character, Whelan is just a whiny old grouch.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

            Comment


              Originally posted by dobby View Post

              Fucking vapers smoking indoors. Mad how they think they're exempt from the smoking ban. Usually The Abbey are quick to act on such things, I've always found them pretty strict on the rules any time I've gone. Would have mentioned it tbh or at least would send an email saying maybe it's something they need to clamp down on.
              Ah, don't mind it in a pub. Thought it would cause more distraction the other people there if I tried to say anything. It was the combination of the sound and the device illuminating that really annoyed me.
              Last edited by ComradeCollie; 04-12-22, 22:20.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                This is one of my favourite parts of this time of year.

                One of the best all time performances of a song, prove me wrong.

                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

                Comment


                  England cricket team antics are possibly the best entertainment in sport right now. Day 5 of their first test in Pakistan for 20-odd years and all 3 results are possible, thanks to some ODI-style batting from them and a very sporting declaration.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                    Ah, don't mind it in a pub. Thought it would cause more distraction the other people there if I tried to say anything. It was the combination of the sound and the device illuminating that really annoyed me.
                    Some people are so sure of their own right to do as they please they just blatantly disregard the rules, or possibly are so self-unaware that they have no idea what rules may be in place and don't care to find out. For first offences like this, I'd accept their device just being taken and smashed. Second offences should be a swift punch to the face, and thereafter the offences should be punished more severely. Beheading probably for offence #5 perhaps. That'd teach them.

                    Comment


                      ChatGPT really is something.

                      It's not perfect, and I wouldn't treat it as such. But it's an amazing tool for creating rough drafts and taking the drudgery out of tasks.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

                        Hi all

                        that is a link to a Christmas song my son wrote under the name Slick bigfoot
                        if you follow the link u should find it
                        sorry to say I’m not great at attaching links
                        please give it a listen if u get 5 minutes
                        Decent set of lungs on the young man. I like it! Although, and I may have missed some of the finer lines of the song - he surely didn't write a Christmas TV song without referencing Die Hard?????!!!!!!!!
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

                          Some people are so sure of their own right to do as they please they just blatantly disregard the rules, or possibly are so self-unaware that they have no idea what rules may be in place and don't care to find out. For first offences like this, I'd accept their device just being taken and smashed. Second offences should be a swift punch to the face, and thereafter the offences should be punished more severely. Beheading probably for offence #5 perhaps. That'd teach them.
                          How do you feel about drivers who park across two spaces?
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            ChatGPT really is something.

                            It's not perfect, and I wouldn't treat it as such. But it's an amazing tool for creating rough drafts and taking the drudgery out of tasks.
                            Its mad isn't it. Saw a tweet the other day saying 'if you are a startup not trying to do everything possible with OpenAI tools, then what are you up to?'. Hyperbolic a bit, but maybe not too much.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

                              Some people are so sure of their own right to do as they please they just blatantly disregard the rules, or possibly are so self-unaware that they have no idea what rules may be in place and don't care to find out. For first offences like this, I'd accept their device just being taken and smashed. Second offences should be a swift punch to the face, and thereafter the offences should be punished more severely. Beheading probably for offence #5 perhaps. That'd teach them.
                              Beheading is effective in that it does limit the ol vaping abilities but It’s been proven that the threat of beheading is not a deterrent in Dublin . Growing up in Drimnagh , the ol I’ll kick your head in or knock your block off only served to act as an incentive to continue with blaggardism . The real effective action was if you threatened to play a Mariah Carey Christmas tune in full volume in their general direction. This cooled a few jets and got the headaballs back off their hind legs.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                How do you feel about drivers who park across two spaces?
                                First offence action should be to take the car and give it to someone who isn't a cunt. I think 3rd offence action in this case would probably be beheading. Those French were really onto something back in the day.

                                Comment


                                  The misspelling of stationery is more disturbing

                                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 05-12-22, 10:08.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                    I think 3rd offence action in this case would probably be beheading. Those French were really onto something back in the day.
                                    Methinks the Qataris might be inserting subliminal messages in the world cup broadcasts.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by hotspur View Post

                                      Methinks the Qataris might be inserting subliminal messages in the world cup broadcasts.
                                      This is a heinous accusation. May you be struck down for this, inshallah. And beheaded, obviously.

                                      Comment


                                        Schadenfreude

                                        Oh dear. It seems that the curse of Izzard has struck again. The stand-up comedian and staunch Labour member has something of an unenviable track record when it comes to personal endorsements…
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          England cricket team antics are possibly the best entertainment in sport right now. Day 5 of their first test in Pakistan for 20-odd years and all 3 results are possible, thanks to some ODI-style batting from them and a very sporting declaration.
                                          Absolutely epic victory winkling out the brave Pakistani tailenders on a flat pitch with the sun setting fast in the background. Got there without about 5 mins to spare.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                          Comment


                                            Was stuck on a car with a lead who insisted on vaping as we drove along with the window a bit open... after about 15 minutes I was buzzing from the nicotine, and after 30 I had to get him to stop so I could puke. He refused to accept that his vaping could be an issue and just opened the window a bit further. It was a long drive, I felt sick the whole way and for about a fortnight after I was having nicotine cravings I hadn't experienced in decades.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                              you don’t even need any context for this- just top notch stuff

                                              I think I need at least a little context.
                                              No idea who that is. But it’s instantly obvious he is on the juice. No sure this is a shocking admission that social media will let on.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Mellor View Post

                                                I think I need at least a little context.
                                                No idea who that is. But it’s instantly obvious he is on the juice. No sure this is a shocking admission that social media will let on.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                  How do you feel about drivers who park across two spaces?
                                                  It's funny how the perceived seriousness of these misdemeanours, and often our propensity to engage the perp, is directly related to how our day is going. They can appear as serious as the holocaust when you are in a shitty headspace yourself. Larry David has made a fine career for himself playing out these micro dramas.

                                                  The perp here lived on my street growing up.

                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                  Comment


                                                    I’ve been searching through the previous discussions on Pensions and see RD3 asked a similar question of V4V at the time.
                                                    It’s over 6 years on from the discussion but looking to get a better understanding of annuity vs ARF.

                                                    Currently in a medium risk annuity but wondering if it’s worth the switch to an ARF? Pension pot is only starting to get going now but curious of the effective cost of switching.

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                      I’ve been searching through the previous discussions on Pensions and see RD3 asked a similar question of V4V at the time.
                                                      It’s over 6 years on from the discussion but looking to get a better understanding of annuity vs ARF.

                                                      Currently in a medium risk annuity but wondering if it’s worth the switch to an ARF? Pension pot is only starting to get going now but curious of the effective cost of switching.
                                                      I’d say it also pretty related to the type of risk personality you have, as the ARF is definitely the higher octane approach as it’s in your hands, would also depend on your general health also as obviously you can leave the remains of you ARF to you NOK but can’t with an annuity. They’re more strategic rather than operational considerations.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

                                                        I’d say it also pretty related to the type of risk personality you have, as the ARF is definitely the higher octane approach as it’s in your hands, would also depend on your general health also as obviously you can leave the remains of you ARF to you NOK but can’t with an annuity. They’re more strategic rather than operational considerations.
                                                        I suppose I’m less risk averse than the average person but I suppose everyone here basically fits the bill there.
                                                        That said, as a household unit, I’d say we’re on low-risk side.

                                                        From what I can gather, it’s really the flexibility that appeals to me.
                                                        I’m just wondering is it worth continuing to contribute to occupational pension annuity now until maybe if I move job or just change it now if I’m going to do so.

                                                        Maybe just best to invest in my health and take the annuity.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Speaking of, wasn't it Gab and V that recommended a hotel in Rome? What was it again?
                                                          This too shall pass.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Maybe with the end of ZIRP this year, the whole annuity conversation might become relevant again but strategically ARF vs Annuity always seemed a no-brainer to me...
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                            Comment


                                                              The Ukrainians seem to have gotten the capability to hit strategic bomber bases hundreds of km inside of RuSSia (i.e. the ones where they are launching the attacks against the civilian infrastructure from). That's a bit of a game changer to say the least, and makes the RuSSian armed forces look even more inept than usual.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                I’ve been searching through the previous discussions on Pensions and see RD3 asked a similar question of V4V at the time.
                                                                It’s over 6 years on from the discussion but looking to get a better understanding of annuity vs ARF.

                                                                Currently in a medium risk annuity but wondering if it’s worth the switch to an ARF? Pension pot is only starting to get going now but curious of the effective cost of switching.
                                                                I'm probably not understanding something here, but I thought annuity and ARF are things you basically purchase with your pension pot at retirement time? How can you have one now? Isn't that a decision for when you are at retirement age, or does your current investment basically roll off into an annuity as default unless you decide to do something different? Either way, you're surely not near that point yet.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  The Ukrainians seem to have gotten the capability to hit strategic bomber bases hundreds of km inside of RuSSia (i.e. the ones where they are launching the attacks against the civilian infrastructure from). That's a bit of a game changer to say the least, and makes the RuSSian armed forces look even more inept than usual.
                                                                  Yikes that seems like a risky game, given how Russia responded to bombing in Crimea. I wonder was it worth damaging two planes for the likely reprisals.
                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                    Yikes that seems like a risky game, given how Russia responded to bombing in Crimea. I wonder was it worth damaging two planes for the likely reprisals.
                                                                    Yes, better not to fight back against fascist invaders. Maybe dig your own grave to save them the bother.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      Maybe with the end of ZIRP this year, the whole annuity conversation might become relevant again but strategically ARF vs Annuity always seemed a no-brainer to me...
                                                                      It’s the balance between losing efficiency through fees and agency effect of annuity vs. Increased scrutiny/analysis and investment risk of an ARF.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

                                                                        I'm probably not understanding something here, but I thought annuity and ARF are things you basically purchase with your pension pot at retirement time? How can you have one now? Isn't that a decision for when you are at retirement age, or does your current investment basically roll off into an annuity as default unless you decide to do something different? Either way, you're surely not near that point yet.
                                                                        That was my understanding too but I revisited it today to increase contributions and the fund I’m currently invested in is a “XXX 20 year annuity”.
                                                                        Like you, I assume that means that it would default to an annuity if I did nothing between now and then.
                                                                        Just wanted to make sure there’s nothing I need to do now that might impact any flexibility in the future.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                          Yes, better not to fight back against fascist invaders. Maybe dig your own grave to save them the bother.
                                                                          pfft - lets see what happens. I don't think its going to be pretty. This was precisely why the US didn't want to give Ukraine long-range weapons, because of the responses it would create. So that was a NATO idea in origin, not some defeatist principle as you allude. Here's a New York Times article giving the US view. The whole article is interesting, but a relevant quote:

                                                                          It comes down to this: concern in the White House that Ukraine could use the long-range missile to strike targets deep inside Russia, and that President Vladimir V. Putin might respond by escalating the war, possibly by invading a neighboring NATO country.

                                                                          “We’re trying to avoid World War III,” President Biden has said.
                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

                                                                            That was my understanding too but I revisited it today to increase contributions and the fund I’m currently invested in is a “XXX 20 year annuity”.
                                                                            Like you, I assume that means that it would default to an annuity if I did nothing between now and then.
                                                                            Just wanted to make sure there’s nothing I need to do now that might impact any flexibility in the future.
                                                                            That looks like naming convention of a lifestyle type fund that adjusts what you're invested in as you get older. You're better off looking at the underlying asset allocation now rather than what the fund expects itself to be used to buy at the end. These lifestyle plans will move you gradually into a less 'risky' allocation as the years pass by so you may end up with more or less in say equities or cash than you might want over time.

                                                                            I'm 36 and am still 100% invested in global equities FWIW (would have some other stuff like commodities but the rest of the funds available to me are hot garbage)

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              The wife's pension is invested at a maximum risk rating of 7. Think its hard to be allowed to invest at that level - they gave her an exemption based on working for a finance firm and having a PhD in the area. Although can't remember the story fully, so might have been more straightforward. At a guess, it's probably heavily long on bikini shops in afghan and bathsoaps in France. Although that decision is heavily driven by my pension being defined benefit, and so allowing (encouraging, really) more risk on the defined contribution side.
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Thats some thread.

                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

                                                                                    It’s the balance between losing efficiency through fees and agency effect of annuity vs. Increased scrutiny/analysis and investment risk of an ARF.
                                                                                    there's also the inheritance side but I guess you lump that under agency
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                      pfft - lets see what happens. I don't think its going to be pretty. This was precisely why the US didn't want to give Ukraine long-range weapons, because of the responses it would create. So that was a NATO idea in origin, not some defeatist principle as you allude. Here's a New York Times article giving the US view. The whole article is interesting, but a relevant quote:
                                                                                      The point here is that NATO didn't give them long-range weapons. They built them themselves.

                                                                                      Same thing with the missiles that sank the Moskva battleship by the way.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                        The point here is that NATO didn't give them long-range weapons. They built them themselves.

                                                                                        Same thing with the missiles that sank the Moskva battleship by the way.
                                                                                        Sure. Think it was drones in both cases? I was getting at the reason why the US didn't want to give long-range missiles - that attacks inside Russia would lead to further unpredictable escalation. Maybe that would have been worth it if the attacks caused a Pearl Harbour-type wipeout, but for the sake of two inoperable airplanes it seems woefully miscalculated.
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by Keane View Post

                                                                                          That looks like naming convention of a lifestyle type fund that adjusts what you're invested in as you get older. You're better off looking at the underlying asset allocation now rather than what the fund expects itself to be used to buy at the end. These lifestyle plans will move you gradually into a less 'risky' allocation as the years pass by so you may end up with more or less in say equities or cash than you might want over time.

                                                                                          I'm 36 and am still 100% invested in global equities FWIW (would have some other stuff like commodities but the rest of the funds available to me are hot garbage)
                                                                                          I was little caught off guard because I thought I had invested in a more med-high risk fund. It is a level 5 with low fees, maybe just a naming convention.
                                                                                          I got sent some level 6s today and they’re mainly US or Emerging market’s equities so I’ll probably do similar.
                                                                                          As Hitch said, I think you need to dig pretty deep to get a 7.

                                                                                          Given we’re on the topic, is additional contributions from company equity relatively straight forward? I believe we’re taxed at source.
                                                                                          The guy from the pension crowd I was chatting to the other day said he’d follow up with the planner as he had received a similar question.
                                                                                          Our site is relatively new so I’d say he’s getting a lot of similar questions.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                            Sure. Think it was drones in both cases? I was getting at the reason why the US didn't want to give long-range missiles - that attacks inside Russia would lead to further unpredictable escalation. Maybe that would have been worth it if the attacks caused a Pearl Harbour-type wipeout, but for the sake of two inoperable airplanes it seems woefully miscalculated.
                                                                                            The Moskva sinking and Kerch bridge long-range attacks with non-NATO weaponry both had major negative impacts on the RuSSian war effort. Putin threw a tantrum after both and tried to kill as many Ukrainian civilians as he could - largely wasting his missile stocks in the process.

                                                                                            This new long-range attack fits the same pattern. Trying (and seemingly failing) to blow up a chunk of the RuSSian strategic bomber fleet would have been assessed in terms of risk\reward by the Ukrainian command. Western non-experts clutching their pearls and wibbling about possible consequences are laughably irrelevant. One thing we do know about both sets of leaders is that there's only one side that has a rational decision-making processes...

                                                                                            Also; think of the loss of the prestige. How embarrassing is it for this to happen? It makes Putin look weak, which of course he is.
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                              The Moskva sinking and Kerch bridge long-range attacks with non-NATO weaponry both had major negative impacts on the RuSSian war effort. Putin threw a tantrum after both and tried to kill as many Ukrainian civilians as he could - largely wasting his missile stocks in the process.

                                                                                              This new long-range attack fits the same pattern. Trying (and seemingly failing) to blow up a chunk of the RuSSian strategic bomber fleet would have been assessed in terms of risk\reward by the Ukrainian command. Western non-experts clutching their pearls and wibbling about possible consequences are laughably irrelevant. One thing we do know about both sets of leaders is that there's only one side that has a rational decision-making processes...

                                                                                              Also; think of the loss of the prestige. How embarrassing is it for this to happen? It makes Putin look weak, which of course he is.
                                                                                              Yes, that was my point. Weirdly you don't seem to see that as an issue, despite your expressed concerns. Instead being concerned more with politics than people.

                                                                                              Plus there is the expressed concerns of 'Western non-experts' like, emmmm, fucking NATO, as quoted earlier. NATO is highly keen to not see things escalate further, which domestic attacks on Russia have to lead to. Hence their weapons-export limitations.
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                North men south men comrades all Dublin Belfast Cork and Senegal

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                  Yes, that was my point. Weirdly you don't seem to see that as an issue, despite your expressed concerns. Instead being concerned more with politics than people.
                                                                                                  They are going to attack civilians anyway. Look at what they are doing to the population of Kherson right now (who only a month ago were allegedly Russian 'forever').

                                                                                                  Your point seems to be 'don't annoy the fascists, they might behave in an even more fascist fashion'. Didn't work with Hitler, won't work now.

                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Plus there is the expressed concerns of 'Western non-experts' like, emmmm, fucking NATO, as quoted earlier. NATO is highly keen to not see things escalate further, which domestic attacks on Russia have to lead to. Hence their weapons-export limitations.
                                                                                                  The Ukrainian long-range attacks are completely different from the Russian ones. Apart from the obvious point that they are operating in legitimate self-defence, they have solely hit actual military targets. And it blows the nationalist fantasy of the great Russian armed forces clean out of the water. Much like the Moskva.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 05-12-22, 15:17.
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Can't remember what the funds we have in the wife's pension are, but in our monthly investment we have:
                                                                                                    • Emerging Market Opp (JPM)
                                                                                                    • 5 Star 5 Asia Pacific

                                                                                                    Think the pension is reasonably similar. Maybe its level 6, rather than level 7? It doesn't seem that risky given that emerging markets are about 90% correlated with developed markets.

                                                                                                    Don't know if they are any good, but we're currently whamping a fair whack into them, so hopefully they don't blow up. The big 'play' with these funds on my side is that Asia is likely to most reap the benefits of the African economic emergence over the next few decades, so having exposure to that.

                                                                                                    Our voluntary monthly savings at the moment, now we've paid off everything except the mortgage, are: 50% credit union, 30% the investment funds above, and 20% madly speculative - e.g. Ron de Santis bet, crypto purchases. A rather nice blend of safe-as-chips, future stars, and who the fuck knows.
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                      They are going to attack civilians anyway. Look at what they are doing to the population of Kherson right now (who only a month ago were allegedly Russian 'forever').

                                                                                                      Your point seems to be 'don't annoy the fascists, they might behave in an even more fascist fashion. Didn't work with Hitler, won't work now.



                                                                                                      The Ukrainian long-range attacks are completely different from the Russian ones. Apart from the obvious point that they are operating in legitimate self-defence, they have solely hit actual military targets. And it blows the nationalist fantasy of the great Russian armed forces clean out of the water. Much like the Moskva.
                                                                                                      okay, but you are arguing with NATO on this one, buddy. Unless you can point to a single NATO statement (and there are thousands and thousands of those statements), thinking that attacking inside Russia is a good idea. There are, on the other hand, a vast number of statements arguing against attacking inside Russia. I started this conversation with a link to one from the NATO head boys.
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                        okay, but you are arguing with NATO on this one, buddy. Unless you can point to a single NATO statement (and there are thousands and thousands of those statements), thinking that attacking inside Russia is a good idea. There are, on the other hand, a vast number of statements arguing against attacking inside Russia. I started this conversation with a link to one from the NATO head boys.
                                                                                                        Attacking inside Russia to degrade their capacity to attack Ukraine is a good idea. And it's working too. Much to the evident fury of the Nazis in Moscow, and their apologists at home and abroad.

                                                                                                        We should listen to the side that is fighting harder and smarter:

                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          NATO is highly keen to not see things escalate further, which domestic attacks on Russia have to lead to. Hence their weapons-export limitations.
                                                                                                          Limitations on exports is really about not being able to ramp up production capacity in peace time to what would be required for a fully active war. NATO basically emptied the cupboards for Ukraine and have to maintain their own stocks while supplying a combatant in a relatively large scale war. That was always going to slow down. The limitation on what they are sending is mostly for political purposes. American made munitions striking Russian targets inside Russia is politically difficult. It's absolutely reasonable, and tactically I would imagine necessary, for Ukraine to strike within Russia's borders where it can. For no other reason than they need to demonstrate a capacity to project their military capabilities into the Russian theatre of war to disrupt supply lines and depots.
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

                                                                                                            Limitations on exports is really about not being able to ramp up production capacity in peace time to what would be required for a fully active war. NATO basically emptied the cupboards for Ukraine and have to maintain their own stocks while supplying a combatant in a relatively large scale war. That was always going to slow down. The limitation on what they are sending is mostly for political purposes. American made munitions striking Russian targets inside Russia is politically difficult. It's absolutely reasonable, and tactically I would imagine necessary, for Ukraine to strike within Russia's borders where it can. For no other reason than they need to demonstrate a capacity to project their military capabilities into the Russian theatre of war to disrupt supply lines and depots.
                                                                                                            Absolutely.

                                                                                                            And NATO have been very firm in holding the line in not supplying systems like ATACMS which would enable medium-range strikes inside RuSSia, despite much pleading from Kyiv. But when the Ukrainians build such things themselves, you can only applaud the ingenuity.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                                                              Decent set of lungs on the young man. I like it! Although, and I may have missed some of the finer lines of the song - he surely didn't write a Christmas TV song without referencing Die Hard?????!!!!!!!!

                                                                                                              Nakatomi Plaza!!

                                                                                                              ​​​​​

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Pelanties
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                  Pelanties
                                                                                                                  poor effort by mini me
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    The Ukrainians seem to have gotten the capability to hit strategic bomber bases hundreds of km inside of RuSSia (i.e. the ones where they are launching the attacks against the civilian infrastructure from). That's a bit of a game changer to say the least, and makes the RuSSian armed forces look even more inept than usual.
                                                                                                                    Does kind of look to me like the Russians have managed to halt Ukrainian advances by just throwing waves of bodies in the way.

                                                                                                                    They are fine with 100’s of thousands of their untrained troops dying to kill 10’s of thousands of Ukrainian veterans.

                                                                                                                    Not sure things are going quite as well as they had been and with the weather coming in it’s pretty much becoming First World War trenches but with much better artillery. Suits the side with more guys and less of a problem with getting them killed.

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Samba football .

                                                                                                                      Who has the bigger EGO Ronaldo or Neymar. Both deserve a kick up the hole.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        I guess it's next to impossible not to sound like a clown as a football co-commentator when 80% of your job involves stating the obvious.
                                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Patiently waiting to see how 5Star would punish the Brazilian players for these dance celebrations
                                                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X