Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Wordle Gummidge

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wasn't until I spent two years in Preston, drinking with the locals, that I fully understood what poverty is like in the UK for people at the lower extremes. It is grindingly awful. No escape from it either. The rise in the minimum wage over there though must be doing some good, as its quite decent now.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

    Comment


      What ever happened to RDIII's New World prospective move?

      Comment


        Why are sockets so far up walls in houses now? Each room has this. I'm guessing my Cat5 is behind the blank panels and I'll have to replace the panel etc and wire it up. It'll look silly to have all the wires coming down in rooms?!

        AUWc1ZGl.jpg

        Comment


          Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

          Geneva! boring i know, but at the same time we've become very outdoorsy people in our middle age. i'm in to Golf and wind surfing (i love to ski also but sadly with my leg, it's just not an option anymore), wife's into open water swimming and skiing, and the son is into rock climbing, mountain biking, and although he's never tried it yet, i have no doubt he'll absolutely love skiing/snowboarding, so being less then 30 minutes from the nearest ski lift, and 10 minutes from the nearest lake access point, is going to be pretty cool!
          Shrap, I wouldn’t be overly worried about your age. You don’t have to put in on any job applications . Also there are some selling points in being a new mature employee.

          Good luck with the leg, I’d say the added annoyance of that is tempering the excitement in living in a new City. Well timed too, the UK is imploding . They Brexecuted themselves.
          Yer man Farage looks like a rejected Spitting Image Puppet.

          Comment


            Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            What ever happened to RDIII's New World prospective move?
            I got a better offer and stayed. Still somewhat regretting it though.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

            Comment


              Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
              Why are sockets so far up walls in houses now? Each room has this. I'm guessing my Cat5 is behind the blank panels and I'll have to replace the panel etc and wire it up. It'll look silly to have all the wires coming down in rooms?!

              AUWc1ZGl.jpg
              They're not if correctly placed.. We just had the place rewired and they are all down where you would expect them.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

              Comment


                Last spamming of this competition before the weekend. They're taking "engagement" into account when announcing the winner and we sit top of the pile so far. A like would be hugely appreciated.

                Thanks to the IPB heads that already liked it.

                SPOILER

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  Why are sockets so far up walls in houses now? Each room has this. I'm guessing my Cat5 is behind the blank panels and I'll have to replace the panel etc and wire it up. It'll look silly to have all the wires coming down in rooms?!

                  AUWc1ZGl.jpg
                  We got one like that in extension purely for wall hung TV so no wires visible, hardly that?

                  Comment


                    Yeah I guess it's to allow for a tv in each bedroom, so there's likely a coax in there, so probbaly good for tv and just shite for my ethernet cables. Will bring over a screwdriver and have a gawk.

                    Comment


                      Sockets in our new living room are that high, it was our old kitchen. Thought about dropping them but was easier to just leave where they were.

                      One set will be handy for the TV though.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                        What's the best Sports book people have read/listened to in the last year?
                        Every town is a sports town is pretty good - story of how ESPN was built. Also enjoyed Richie Sadlier’s book recovering.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                          We got one like that in extension purely for wall hung TV so no wires visible, hardly that?
                          That's it. My mate had a new build like this. Coax behind the blank plates for living room, kitchen and master bedroom.

                          Tar.Aldarion - It wouldn't be normal for the gaff to come cat6. Did you get the house re-wired and ask for Cat6 in it?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by coillcam View Post

                            That's it. My mate had a new build like this. Coax behind the blank plates for living room, kitchen and master bedroom.

                            Tar.Aldarion - It wouldn't be normal for the gaff to come cat6. Did you get the house re-wired and ask for Cat6 in it?
                            I didn't ask for anything no, I just saw a new house a few hundred metres from me in town and was like oh yes. The developer built his own house next door at the same time and has a similar setup, so probably did it for both. I'd say both houses have the same materials and just a wall down the middle. I asked about internet and he said all rooms are wired with cat, I don't know if it is cat 5/5e or 6 so need to ask/check! I guess 5 since most people wouldn't have a clue or at least not care. Wonder what it would cost to upgrade it all to at least 5e if that was the case.

                            Now to try and find couches and beds and stuff. All furniture is gone but pleasantly surprised that the washing machine and the dryer stayed, thought they were for show too.
                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 17-11-22, 17:53.

                            Comment


                              Who has been posting on here shilling crypto to our unsophisticated user base?





                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Wasn't until I spent two years in Preston, drinking with the locals, that I fully understood what poverty is like in the UK for people at the lower extremes. It is grindingly awful. No escape from it either. The rise in the minimum wage over there though must be doing some good, as its quite decent now.
                                The lifestyle of the working poor in the UK seems to be especially grim and devoid of craic all the more so since the destruction of the mining and industrial communities since the '80s
                                Turning millions into thousands

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  Who has been posting on here shilling crypto to our unsophisticated user base?
                                  Just watched the Larry David ad for the first time. Pretty slick.

                                  “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

                                    The lifestyle of the working poor in the UK seems to be especially grim and devoid of craic all the more so since the destruction of the mining and industrial communities since the '80s
                                    It can’t be that bad - these working class lads had the coin to fly over to quatar a few days early to support their team

                                    https://youtu.be/TvS7wbEbdCc
                                     

                                    Comment


                                      This is so brilliant. Watch it first time focusing on guy top left, but then watch again focusing on all the different reactions. The dude in the bottom left corner, lol.


                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                      Comment


                                        99.9% that's a fake 'Doing a Tobin'
                                        Turning millions into thousands

                                        Comment


                                          I like this .
                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 17-11-22, 22:09.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            99.9% that's a fake 'Doing a Tobin'
                                            Please clarify for others that 'Doing a Tobin' doesn't mean wanking on zoom, or any form of guy getting caught wanking.

                                            Unless it's some other Tobin
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Lazare View Post

                                              Please clarify for others that 'Doing a Tobin' doesn't mean wanking on zoom, or any form of guy getting caught wanking.

                                              Unless it's some other Tobin
                                              I discarded an O for comic effect

                                              https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...rker-zoom-call

                                              Turning millions into thousands

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                This video is from back then, no?
                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Oh jaysis yeah, forgot that.

                                                  Liked him too on Anderson Cooper..
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

                                                    Assume you've read Boys Will Be Boys about the 90s cowboys team?
                                                    I have. I wanted to listen to the new Pearlman. 'The last folk hero' about Bo Jackson. But it's not on audible UK yet. Nor is any Pearlman for some reason.

                                                    Comment


                                                      The whole Twitter thing is just mad. It's almost like he's engaged in some ludicrous prop bet to see how fast he can destroy $40bn.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

                                                        It can’t be that bad - these working class lads had the coin to fly over to quatar a few days early to support their team

                                                        https://youtu.be/TvS7wbEbdCc
                                                        And they ALL like vindaloo
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

                                                          I didn't ask for anything no, I just saw a new house a few hundred metres from me in town and was like oh yes. The developer built his own house next door at the same time and has a similar setup, so probably did it for both. I'd say both houses have the same materials and just a wall down the middle. I asked about internet and he said all rooms are wired with cat, I don't know if it is cat 5/5e or 6 so need to ask/check! I guess 5 since most people wouldn't have a clue or at least not care. Wonder what it would cost to upgrade it all to at least 5e if that was the case.

                                                          Now to try and find couches and beds and stuff. All furniture is gone but pleasantly surprised that the washing machine and the dryer stayed, thought they were for show too.
                                                          Bit late now obviously, but when this place was built a little over 5 years ago, I had to specifically ask for cabling to be run to every room, so there are ports all over the place. that covered plate probably just is for coax I'd say, despite what you were told. Let us know anyway once you open to inspect it.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Speaking of....
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                            Comment


                                                              You really would have to wonder about anyone who has decided to stay at Twitter. He's like a cross between David Brent, Trump and Ronaldo.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                The whole Twitter thing is just mad. It's almost like he's engaged in some ludicrous prop bet to see how fast he can destroy $40bn.
                                                                Nothing will happen to it though? So many people are nothing without Twitter. Anyone that is very active and has > 4k followers thinks the whole world is listening to them spout shite.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  You really would have to wonder about anyone who has decided to stay at Twitter. He's like a cross between David Brent, Trump and Ronaldo.
                                                                  People on work visas, people starting out, people who need the healthcare package.
                                                                  I'd say there are a few reasons
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

                                                                    Nothing will happen to it though? So many people are nothing without Twitter. Anyone that is very active and has > 4k followers thinks the whole world is listening to them spout shite.
                                                                    That doesn't mean that (a) the platform will magically stay operational with no organisation to keep it alive, and (b), hordes of users won't just leave if it becomes an unmoderated cesspit.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                      That doesn't mean that (a) the platform will magically stay operational with no organisation to keep it alive, and (b), hordes of users won't just leave if it becomes an unmoderated cesspit.
                                                                      I don't know. As Silver-Tiger says there is a whole lot of stickiness to that place, plus it is largely a news source for many people. I'd be much more of the perspective that it will trundle along regardless, unless they end up with a lot of outages. It is already an unmoderated cesspit.
                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        I'd guess it has had the least churn of users over the last 10 years of any social media platform. I just can't see it collapsing despite the office closures and people walking.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

                                                                          I don't know. As Silver-Tiger says there is a whole lot of stickiness to that place, plus it is largely a news source for many people. I'd be much more of the perspective that it will trundle along regardless, unless they end up with a lot of outages. It is already an unmoderated cesspit.
                                                                          If the organization itself self-implodes, then the users won't have a lot of options.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            For someone who hasnt a clue despite being on Twitter intermittently, how does it make money? I've never seeen any ads on it unless I'm completely immune at this stage.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                              For someone who hasnt a clue despite being on Twitter intermittently, how does it make money? I've never seeen any ads on it unless I'm completely immune at this stage.
                                                                              There's usually promoted tweets, $5bn worth of them last year. Although Elon's idea of getting people / companies paying for premium access (blue ticks) seems like it makes a decent amount of sense as it would generate more consistent cash flows.

                                                                              Full business development plans here.

                                                                              Meh, not sure about the whole thing. I would say its far more likely that twitter looks approximately the same in 2030 as it does now, than it either collapses or grows dramatically. Meaning the guy will have lost a fortune.
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                There's probably five solid social media 'pillars': private social networks, video, pictures, dating, news. They will probably stay as solid categories until things like metaverses start becoming serious in a few years and launch the next evolution of social media:
                                                                                • WhatsApp for private social networks
                                                                                • TikTok / YouTube for video content
                                                                                • Insta for pictures
                                                                                • Tinder for dating
                                                                                • ...what is there for news? I guess it needs to be twitter as there isn't a realistic alternative out there?
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                  For someone who hasnt a clue despite being on Twitter intermittently, how does it make money? I've never seeen any ads on it unless I'm completely immune at this stage.
                                                                                  That's odd. The crypto ads were infuriating for a long time. I wonder what audience bucket they have me in? Well i don't wonder. Based on my follows you'd come to an easy conclusion that i like to punt so i'd be in a gambling audience. Never purchased Crypto, followed any crypto accounts or even strayed on to any crypto dedicated websites. Not surprised Crypto marketeers are going after that audience. Makes sense.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    There's probably five solid social media 'pillars': private social networks, video, pictures, dating, news. They will probably stay as solid categories until things like metaverses start becoming serious in a few years and launch the next evolution of social media:
                                                                                    • WhatsApp for private social networks
                                                                                    • TikTok / YouTube for video content
                                                                                    • Insta for pictures
                                                                                    • Tinder for dating
                                                                                    • ...what is there for news? I guess it needs to be twitter as there isn't a realistic alternative out there?
                                                                                    Twitter seems to be it alright. The rest are too much effort like a Feedly or even Substack for specific interests.

                                                                                    I do think that Discord is quite good in the WhatsApp kind of space. I use that quite a lot now, mainly for Poker

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

                                                                                      And they ALL like vindaloo
                                                                                      Quite decent of the Qatari authorities to ensure that the visiting fans won't have to suffer drinking Budweiser in their stadiums.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        David Squires in really going to town on this joke of a World Cup. And he's right.
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          I thought some of the numbers here are pretty striking but not surprising.

                                                                                          Another headline of it was Ireland has 6 navy vessels which can’t be deployed together due to staffing constraints that is also getting worse as more people are moving to private sector.

                                                                                          Those vessels are responsible for managing 16% of EU territorial waters.



                                                                                          Also, can’t help but lol at him calling himself Dr Drea
                                                                                          Last edited by Murdrum; 18-11-22, 14:13.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            In support of all those poor fans at the world cup. I will not drink Budweiser for the rest of my life .

                                                                                            Also because its pisswater

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                              I thought some of the numbers here are pretty striking but not surprising.

                                                                                              Another headline of it was Ireland has 6 navy vessels which can’t be deployed together due to staffing constraints that is also getting worse as more people are moving to private sector.

                                                                                              Those vessels are responsible for managing 16% of EU territorial waters.



                                                                                              Also, can’t help but lol at him calling himself Dr Drea

                                                                                              Think we're the only sane ones out there. Not to be wasting e.g. 2% of GDP (hmm at him using GDP as a comparison tool for Ireland) every fucking year like other countries on something essentially pointless. We instead spend the money on quality of life. Those deepsea cables are all highly monitored by 5-eyes in any case, as per the wikileaks leaks documents a few years ago. I can't imagine a fish could touch them without an alarm bell going off somewhere in the NSA.
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                              Comment



                                                                                                Couple more vids where Swingtweaks makes an appearance if anyone is interested. If ye could comment on the vid it'd be awesome for the algo to push them. or give them a like, it'd be appreciated.

                                                                                                First one is a video creator from Leeds who is gonna be using the app to try an improve over the next little while.
                                                                                                Promo in this one is very well done imo.



                                                                                                Second one is myself and the channel owner narrating a match we played in a Member Guest tournament.
                                                                                                You get to hear me talk all sorts of shite in this one.




                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Think we're the only sane ones out there. Not to be wasting e.g. 2% of GDP (hmm at him using GDP as a comparison tool for Ireland) every fucking year like other countries on something essentially pointless. We instead spend the money on quality of life. Those deepsea cables are all highly monitored by 5-eyes in any case, as per the wikileaks leaks documents a few years ago. I can't imagine a fish could touch them without an alarm bell going off somewhere in the NSA.
                                                                                                  You don't think recent events would point to a clear need to have a functioning military?
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                    You don't think recent events would point to a clear need to have a functioning military?
                                                                                                    No.

                                                                                                    At best we would be nuked. Theres no logical route to invasion. Plus - and this is the key point - you want to live in a nice area, send your kids to nice schools, have a social protection network, and spending an extra €5bn a year on military equipment to rust away stops that happening. Our spending priorities are correct.

                                                                                                    The one exception is the pay of people currently in the armed forces. Pay is ridiculously low. Everyone should have a decent wage, so would be delighted to see some sacrifices to make that happen out of societal fairness. But lets leave the big boy toys to the waster countries.
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      Theres no logical route to invasion. Plus - and this is the key point - you want to live in a nice area, send your kids to nice schools, have a social protection network, and spending an extra €5bn a year on military equipment to rust away stops that happening. Our spending priorities are correct.
                                                                                                      I don't think anyone is talking about invasion. It's more the asymmetrical warfare that we need a deterrent for (just look at the pipelines Mad Vlad blew up off the Swedish coast).

                                                                                                      Also, if we have it - we can always do as our fellow EU countries are doing and give it to the country that is actually being invaded by a brutal fascist regime. One for all, and all for one...if you think states whose arms donations are literally stopping Ukrainians from being murdered in their tens of thousands are 'wasting' resources, I suggest you rethink.
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                                                                        I don't think anyone is talking about invasion. It's more the asymmetrical warfare that we need a deterrent for (just look at the pipelines Mad Vlad blew up off the Swedish coast).

                                                                                                        Also, if we have it - we can always do as our fellow EU countries are doing and give it to the country that is actually being invaded by a brutal fascist regime. One for all, and all for one...if you think states whose arms donations are literally stopping Ukrainians from being murdered in their tens of thousands are 'wasting' resources, I suggest you rethink.
                                                                                                        Simon Coveney has made the point quite well that while there are all manner of countries donating arms, but there are almost none providing refuge in the same proportion as we are, relative to our population. I think thats as valuable a contribution. Our resources are being used well, not being wasted, we're just using different resources, and we won't have arms rotting in a shed like iodine tablets waiting for the next war in 30-40-50 years time.
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          And there are real costs to military spending. The UK has had to cut back on foreign aid to fund its military. Ireland proportionally gives far more foreign aid than the UK, vastly more than the US. We are doing our bit in our way - helping people to get back on their feet after disasters, intervening in the poorest countries to prevent poverty. Military spending is a choice, we've chosen a nicer approach with our resources that benefits more people.
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

                                                                                                            That's odd. The crypto ads were infuriating for a long time. I wonder what audience bucket they have me in? Well i don't wonder. Based on my follows you'd come to an easy conclusion that i like to punt so i'd be in a gambling audience. Never purchased Crypto, followed any crypto accounts or even strayed on to any crypto dedicated websites. Not surprised Crypto marketeers are going after that audience. Makes sense.
                                                                                                            Went and looked there out of curiosity and nothing, maybe its because i use desktop rather than App, I dunno.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              Think we're the only sane ones out there. Not to be wasting e.g. 2% of GDP (hmm at him using GDP as a comparison tool for Ireland) every fucking year like other countries on something essentially pointless.
                                                                                                              Nobody is suggesting we should have the military capacity to ward off a full scale invasion by a nuclear power. That would rank somewhere between idiotic and impossible. The 2015 and 2019 White Papers as well as the Report of the Committee on the Defence Forces all make very sensible and reasonable recommendations about Ireland's need to increase defence spending and to reorganise the armed forces to meet Ireland's modern needs.

                                                                                                              As Murdrum says, we control 16% of the EU's territorial waters and yet we do not have over-the-horizon capabilities or even proper radar capabilities. Our air defence is entirely outsourced to the RAF, meaning we are in no sense neutral as our air space is open to military aircraft of another state. On that basis, in international law, we would have no grounds to deny Russia, China etc. equal access to our airspace.

                                                                                                              But leaving all of that aside, we need massive investment in Cyber Security in the armed forces to protect vital infrastructure (see: HSE hack), a properly paid army (their wages are actually shocking), a navy that can reasonably patrol our territorial waters against smuggling, people trafficking etc. Within that we need sub-marine capabilities (not subs, just below water capabilities) to monitor internet and gas/oil pipelines. Even if you operate on the basis that we should never even consider defending ourselves against a nation-state level aggressor, surely we can all agree the need to properly maintain our sovereign territory in these ways? That requires a pretty substantial investment and it's one we should make.

                                                                                                              It's also important to keep in mind that your argument about spending the money elsewhere is the equivalent of saying that nobody should have car insurance because they can spend the money better elsewhere. The whole point of an armed forces is to hope that you have it never need it rather than need it and not have it.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                                                                                                Went and looked there out of curiosity and nothing, maybe its because i use desktop rather than App, I dunno.
                                                                                                                The third tweet is always an ad? They are native ads. There's also an ad a piece in the 'What's Happening' and 'Who to Follow' segments at the side.

                                                                                                                Can you find any winners in Dundalk?

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

                                                                                                                  It's also important to keep in mind that your argument about spending the money elsewhere is the equivalent of saying that nobody should have car insurance because they can spend the money better elsewhere. The whole point of an armed forces is to hope that you have it never need it rather than need it and not have it.
                                                                                                                  jaysus you have fallen off a cliff! Yesterday not understanding a high school maths measurement, and today making some shocking equivalencies. No, its not the same as saying nobody should have car insurance

                                                                                                                  The spending you outlined sounds good. As in, you have expressed it in terms of the personal benefit to us, rather than Raoul wanting to stockpile stuff in case there's another war. There is, I guess, a balance we need to strike between this and the other spending needs of the population. It has probably been too far down the list in the past and needs to rise to around medium importance. I struggle though to think of what new spending in the last budget (as the military spending would come from new spending) would have been better allocated to the navy. Definitely not the rise in child care support, the social welfare increases were needed for social protection. Maybe the increase in the tax bands as its more in a 'nice to have' category than a necessity. Will the 'squeezed middle' (hate that term) support non-inflationary band increases in return for a better military? Maybe.

                                                                                                                  Thats separate, of course, to military pay, which should be fair, and is shockingly low at the moment. Thats not a choice, more an obligation.
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Could we get the spanish trawlers that patrol our seas so effectively in search of the merest hint of sealife, to pop a radar on their boats? We need to think creatively here. Why have Paddy do it, when Pablo is already out there putting in the hours.
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                                                                                                      Went and looked there out of curiosity and nothing, maybe its because i use desktop rather than App, I dunno.
                                                                                                                      I'm guessing you have adblock enabled (as any sensible adult does. If you turn off adblock you'll see the promoted tweets (they handily say promoted tweet at the bottom), but then obviously turn adblock on again.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

                                                                                                                        I'm guessing you have adblock enabled (as any sensible adult does. If you turn off adblock you'll see the promoted tweets (they handily say promoted tweet at the bottom), but then obviously turn adblock on again.
                                                                                                                        Aha, correct.

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

                                                                                                                          The third tweet is always an ad? They are native ads. There's also an ad a piece in the 'What's Happening' and 'Who to Follow' segments at the side.

                                                                                                                          Can you find any winners in Dundalk?
                                                                                                                          Did a 7/1 place treble but first one at 6pm is drifting lake a barge so not so confident now

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X