This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Have this on the spotify as it seems to have popped up in a few places due to Stranger Things. Its a killer of a tune.

Welcome to the party boomer

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
      I think most parents know watching cartoons with their kids is one of life's great pleasures when you're raising a young 'un.

I'm off to the new Minions tomorrow with HiFi jr and am quite excited.

TOP TIP: I probably shouldn't say this - cos it was my great secret lockdown discovery and I don't want any cunt to ruin it - but the Savoy Cinema on O'Connell St. does a kids club movie every weekend about noon/1pm for e4 (EACH) so I've been taking mini HiFi since they opened back up again.

The REAL joy is that there is usually never more than one or two other families there (I hate crowded cinemas probably as much as anything in the world).

We've watched a few where we were the only people in the cinema. My God, the bliss of it.

4 fucking euro to go to the flicks in the middle of town? 2 quid in on the bus? FFS, where would your get it.

We go for a pizza afterwards to Sano opposite Dublin Castle (20 quid for 2 basically) and have incorporated a trip to Easons where he gets book and I get a record upstairs in Tower.

He even takes the junkies on the boardwalk in his stride like an auld hand now!

Haven't mastered leaving him at the door of Ladbrokes on Middle Abbey St yet while I figure out which donkey to spunk e50 in 90 seconds on yet though. Probably just as well.

TOP TIP: Recent winners (with enough adult buy in) have included Sonic 2, Rob's Gone Wrong, the Ralph Breaks The Internet movies (which we keep going back to) - loving the new iteration of Moomins with Matt Berry as Papa Moomin but also highly recommend the original Scandi-series from the 80s which is available on YouTube in full.

He also loved the Spiderman trilogy with Tobey Maguire which we just finished (even though he's only 'nearly 7' and they're 13+) and really loved the Back to the Future trilogy recently too.

I literally can't wait to start watching horror movies with him (much to the dismay of MrsHiFi who can't abide gore). I watched my first video nasty - Zombie Flesh Eaters - at 'Soupy' Campbell's 11th birthday party. No joke - about 15 of us huddled around the VCR and telly, utterly absorbed

So any other decent recommendations from the dads (or non dads, CC I'm looking at you) out there for that 6-12 yo range?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Welcome to the party boomer

was thinking same.

The Kate Bush will do well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

was thinking same.

The Kate Bush will do well too.
          Hitch: Anyone of you BBV hipsters heard of this chic singer, Katie Bush?

BBV: She's 64 tomorrow boomer (which is actually true, it's her birthday 30 July!)

In other news the new Beyonce album is pretty fuckin' rockin'!

Comment

So any other decent recommendations from the dads (or non dads, CC I'm looking at you) out there for that 6-12 yo range?
            I remember being brought to 'Young Frankenstein' in the Classic in Harolds cross when I was about 10. Still think more of the humour should have been lost on me.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Hitch: Anyone of you BBV hipsters heard of this chic singer, Katie Bush?

BBV: She's 64 tomorrow boomer (which is actually true, it's her birthday 30 July!)

In other news the new Beyonce album is pretty fuckin' rockin'!
              My kids have been singing Kate Bush since babies .

Comment

I remember being brought to 'Young Frankenstein' in the Classic in Harolds cross when I was about 10. Still think more of the humour should have been lost on me.
                Such a funny film. I cried laughing.

The monster singing putting on the ritz floored me.

Comment

Just FYI I was testing my hifi with The Beatles Here Comes the Sun (Master version) on Tidal as I occasionally do (for balance, tone and a few other metrics that sound too wanky to describe)

It's one of the tunes i play to people who call round and what to hear what 'decent' hi fi sounds like - along with a few Beach Boys tunes, The Who, The Kinks.. I tend to avoid the Rolling Stones TBH. But largely its still late 60s stuff I play cos of its recognisability. AND the limitations of recording then - 4 tracks mostly, moving from mono to stereo etc...

Anyway, I just spotted 2 other 'Here comes... ' tracks which could now make up a playlist.

"Here comes the hot stepper" by Ini Kamaoze - which sounds fantastic. Great sonic balance. Rad tune too. I have a tiger/stripper/lunch story about this track that I can hardly ever tell these days.

"Here Comes the Rain Again" by Eurythmics - who sounds only ok. Probably still a bit too trebly for me. Great song but wouldn't be pumping it sound on my system.
                  Last edited by BennyHiFi; 29-07-22, 22:24.

Comment

Goonies is surely a decent place to start, if you want to test the waters with mildly scary, but not really scary. Watched it last week for our monthly 'family movie night' and it was quite a big hit.

Biggest hit by far of the year though has been those Home Alone movies. Man, it just really hits the kids' funny bones when they see someone being whacked with a hammer.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Such a funny film. I cried laughing.

The monster singing putting on the ritz floored me.
                      What hump?
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Non Dad here so not sure on age appropriateness but

Goonies
                        Never Ending Story
                        Gremlins
                        Twins
                        Big
                        The Lost Boys
                        Stand By Me
                        E.T.

The following are definitely out of his age bracket but I remember seeing them all when I was very young, was probably around 10 or 11 and my best mate and myself went through an Arnie faze - not sure how well they've stood the test of time though

Total Recall
                        Predator
                        Commando
                        The Running Man
                        Conan the Barbarian

Comment

A few more film suggestions

Stand by me
                          Indiana jones 1 2 3
                          Lord of the rings (some kids really get into them others not at all)
                          Star wars
                          All the myazaki (my kids fav movies for a long time were my neighbor totoro, howls moving castle, and spirited away)
                          Forrest gump

Comment

Gimmeabreak i won’t make it down to Killarney on Friday, just got an end of quarter schedule and too much on that day.

I moved to 9.40 on Saturday so if you’re around for that. I’ll mention it closer to the time and again if anyone else is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                              A few more film suggestions

Stand by me
                              Indiana jones 1 2 3
                              Lord of the rings (some kids really get into them others not at all)
                              Star wars
                              All the myazaki (my kids fav movies for a long time were my cousin totoro, howls moving castle, and spirited away)
                              Forrest gump
                              my neighbor Totoro, not cousin ​​​​​​​

Comment

Great suggestions lads.

Goonies
                                Gremlins
                                My Neighbour Totoro (and other Miyazaki movies!)
                                The Never Ending Story
                                Big/Twins
                                Indiana Jones
                                Stand By Me

All added to the list.

He wasn't gripped by Star Wars, which is a shame. We've paused after The Empire Strikes Back for now and will revisit.

Interesting Arnie phase Lao Lao - will keep that in the back pocket for a few years down the line!

You should up the family movie night quotient to weekly Hitch!

Comment

Miyazaki++
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Have this on the spotify as it seems to have popped up in a few places due to Stranger Things. Its a killer of a tune.

Give the rest of the album a whirl too. Widely regarded as one of, if not the definitive metal albums ever.

Comment

Ha!

Comment

BennyHiFi
                                        He sounds perfect age group for The Good The Bad and The Ugly, as a kind of introduction to more adult films but that don't don't have an overly complicated story and have a good-guy-wins ending.
                                        Are there any you remember watching with your own Dad that you could pass on and maybe start a family tradition?
                                        Mate of mine has tried to start this with his kids and The Godfather films (though these are more 10+ age group)
                                        Nobody mentioned the James Bonds either, I'd have thought it'd be fun to bring him through the Connery/Lazenby/Moore films anyway - and 7/8 seems an ok age to start.

Comment

Jurassic Park. I still get some of that child like excitement watching the helicopter roll towards the Island as the iconic theme music starts to play in the background.

Comment

WILLOW . Perfect for kiddies/teens

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Give the rest of the album a whirl too. Widely regarded as one of, if not the definitive metal albums ever.
                                              Great Album but Machine Head surely the MOST definitive Heavy Metal album ever.

Comment

Every kid should start with Eraserhead.

Comment

Was down in Kenmare the last few days, Cromwell obviously never visited the Beara peninsula.

That drive from Glengarrif back to Kenmare is spectacular.

Gods country.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Just FYI I was testing my hifi with The Beatles Here Comes the Sun (Master version) on Tidal as I occasionally do (for balance, tone and a few other metrics that sound too wanky to describe)

It's one of the tunes i play to people who call round and what to hear what 'decent' hi fi sounds like - along with a few Beach Boys tunes, The Who, The Kinks.. I tend to avoid the Rolling Stones TBH. But largely its still late 60s stuff I play cos of its recognisability. AND the limitations of recording then - 4 tracks mostly, moving from mono to stereo etc...

Anyway, I just spotted 2 other 'Here comes... ' tracks which could now make up a playlist.

"Here comes the hot stepper" by Ini Kamaoze - which sounds fantastic. Great sonic balance. Rad tune too. I have a tiger/stripper/lunch story about this track that I can hardly ever tell these days.

"Here Comes the Rain Again" by Eurythmics - who sounds only ok. Probably still a bit too trebly for me. Great song but wouldn't be pumping it sound on my system.

Comment

Great suggestions lads.

Goonies
                                                      Gremlins
                                                      My Neighbour Totoro (and other Miyazaki movies!)
                                                      The Never Ending Story
                                                      Big/Twins
                                                      Indiana Jones
                                                      Stand By Me

All added to the list.

He wasn't gripped by Star Wars, which is a shame. We've paused after The Empire Strikes Back for now and will revisit.

Interesting Arnie phase Lao Lao - will keep that in the back pocket for a few years down the line!

You should up the family movie night quotient to weekly Hitch!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        BennyHiFi
                                                        He sounds perfect age group for The Good The Bad and The Ugly, as a kind of introduction to more adult films but that don't don't have an overly complicated story and have a good-guy-wins ending.
                                                        Are there any you remember watching with your own Dad that you could pass on and maybe start a family tradition?
                                                        Mate of mine has tried to start this with his kids and The Godfather films (though these are more 10+ age group)
                                                        Nobody mentioned the James Bonds either, I'd have thought it'd be fun to bring him through the Connery/Lazenby/Moore films anyway - and 7/8 seems an ok age to start.
                                                        Don't think I ever watched a movie with my da AJ. But yes on the Bond films, should start getting him up to speed on those in maybe a year or so.

Like the thought of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly but dunno that he'd have the attention span. maybe I underestimate him... might give it a shot!

Cheers.

+ nice trump card there Emmet - it mustn't be on Tidal as it didn't come up in the prompted list but a definite winner!

Comment

BennyHiFi

Shrek
                                                          Harry Potter series
                                                          Wonder (Owen Wilson, Julia Roberts)
                                                          Eight below (surprisingly decent Disney film with the guy from the Fast and Furious films who died)
                                                          True Grit

Comment

I think most parents know watching cartoons with their kids is one of life's great pleasures when you're raising a young 'un.

I'm off to the new Minions tomorrow with HiFi jr and am quite excited.

TOP TIP: I probably shouldn't say this - cos it was my great secret lockdown discovery and I don't want any cunt to ruin it - but the Savoy Cinema on O'Connell St. does a kids club movie every weekend about noon/1pm for e4 (EACH) so I've been taking mini HiFi since they opened back up again.

The REAL joy is that there is usually never more than one or two other families there (I hate crowded cinemas probably as much as anything in the world).

We've watched a few where we were the only people in the cinema. My God, the bliss of it.

4 fucking euro to go to the flicks in the middle of town? 2 quid in on the bus? FFS, where would your get it.

We go for a pizza afterwards to Sano opposite Dublin Castle (20 quid for 2 basically) and have incorporated a trip to Easons where he gets book and I get a record upstairs in Tower.

He even takes the junkies on the boardwalk in his stride like an auld hand now!

Haven't mastered leaving him at the door of Ladbrokes on Middle Abbey St yet while I figure out which donkey to spunk e50 in 90 seconds on yet though. Probably just as well.

TOP TIP: Recent winners (with enough adult buy in) have included Sonic 2, Rob's Gone Wrong, the Ralph Breaks The Internet movies (which we keep going back to) - loving the new iteration of Moomins with Matt Berry as Papa Moomin but also highly recommend the original Scandi-series from the 80s which is available on YouTube in full.

He also loved the Spiderman trilogy with Tobey Maguire which we just finished (even though he's only 'nearly 7' and they're 13+) and really loved the Back to the Future trilogy recently too.

I literally can't wait to start watching horror movies with him (much to the dismay of MrsHiFi who can't abide gore). I watched my first video nasty - Zombie Flesh Eaters - at 'Soupy' Campbell's 11th birthday party. No joke - about 15 of us huddled around the VCR and telly, utterly absorbed

Liffey Valley is 5.99 a head which isnt bad. She loves going to town and being on the bus so that seems a grest idea.
                                                            Ideas wise, let me suggest https://www.mysterytrails.ie/
                                                            We've done a few of them and they are great craic solving clues and wandering around.
                                                            (looking for clues around the floozy in the jacuzzi amonst some bemused winos was a particularly funny moment. We had them looking as well)
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My kids have been singing Kate Bush since babies .

My daughter loves Fleetwood Mac and Prince.
                                                              Actually, secondary tip, the Sing movies opens up a ton of musical genres to kids.
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Here comes your man
                                                                Here comes the summer
                                                                Here comes the night
                                                                Here comes santa claus
                                                                Here comes my baby

Makings of a playlist there

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

My daughter loves Fleetwood Mac and Prince.
                                                                  Actually, secondary tip, the Sing movies opens up a ton of musical genres to kids.
                                                                  Isn't it great seeing them enjoy good music.

I have a different song for each of them, that they all love. Songs that embedded when they were a little over a year old each.

The eldest's is The Specials - Monkey Man

The four year old's is Laurence Welk - The Moon is a Silver Dollar

The two year old's is Sam Cooke - Bring it on home to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Liffey Valley is 5.99 a head which isnt bad. She loves going to town and being on the bus so that seems a grest idea.
                                                                    Ideas wise, let me suggest https://www.mysterytrails.ie/
                                                                    We've done a few of them and they are great craic solving clues and wandering around.
                                                                    (looking for clues around the floozy in the jacuzzi amonst some bemused winos was a particularly funny moment. We had them looking as well)
                                                                    Oh... mystery trails looks rad. Deffo gonna do that - why isn't it massive! Cheers DP.

BTW Minions: The Rise of Gru is totally brilliant. Very highly recommended.
                                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 30-07-22, 19:00.

Comment

BTW Minions: The Rise of Gru is totally brilliant. Very highly recommended.
                                                                      My youngest 14 loved it, even went with his mates in a suit and tie (mine) as per the trend going round. A bit big for him but barely as he's already 1m80. He's gonna be a big lad. He then went again the next day with his girlfriend.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

My youngest 14 loved it, even went with his mates in a suit and tie (mine) as per the trend going round. A bit big for him but barely as he's already 1m80. He's gonna be a big lad. He then went again the next day with his girlfriend.
                                                                          Haha.. that's class. Didn't know about that trend. Must Google that! 1.80 at 14 is impressive - must be all that mustard!

There is SO much going on in that movie after about 5 mins I was thinking I HAVE to see this again to pick up on everything - the opening sequence is spectacular.

On every level it is a masterpiece I suspect.

b.
                                                                          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 30-07-22, 20:13.

Comment

Great Album but Machine Head surely the MOST definitive Heavy Metal album ever.
                                                                            Sure, there are a few bands and albums who fit the bill. Sabbath, Maiden, Deep Purple etc. Slayer with Reign in Blood. Not entirely sure there has been any album that had not one, but two massively defining songs like that had.
                                                                            Good auld craic Master of Puppets getting to the top 20/30 of the charts after 30 years. Kinda shows how fickle people/music is though.

Comment

Damn . Missed that. I would have pranced

Comment

Haha.. that's class. Didn't know about that trend. Must Google that! 1.80 at 14 is impressive - must be all that mustard!

There is SO much going on in that movie after about 5 mins I was thinking I HAVE to see this again to pick up on everything - the opening sequence is spectacular.

On every level it is a masterpiece I suspect.

b.
                                                                                The kis afterschool took them . Whilst in there i streamed it at home and had a rare ol chat afterwards . Mainly me saying, what was your fav part and dya remember when.......

Comment

Sure, there are a few bands and albums who fit the bill. Sabbath, Maiden, Deep Purple etc. Slayer with Reign in Blood. Not entirely sure there has been any album that had not one, but two massively defining songs like that had.
                                                                                  Good auld craic Master of Puppets getting to the top 20/30 of the charts after 30 years. Kinda shows how fickle people/music is though.
                                                                                  Slayer's Reign in Blood is the best metal album of all time in my humble opinion. (Which is 40-odd years of experience TBF)

Rick Rubin basically made it a pop album "in extremis".

And of course I loved Master of Puppets, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying and Among the Living. I saw all those bands at that time and it was amazing.... a real reinvention of metal. Thrash metal/speed metal went mainstream - who would have thought!?!

PS.. from wiki. "Reign in Blood was well received by both critics and fans, and was responsible for bringing Slayer to the attention of a mainstream metal audience. Today, it is often mentioned among the greatest heavy metal records ever. In their 2017 listing of the 100 Greatest Metal albums of all time, Rolling Stone magazine ranked "Reign in Blood" at #6.[4] Alongside Anthrax's Among the Living, Megadeth's Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?, and Metallica's Master of Puppets, Reign in Blood helped define the sound of the emerging US thrash metal scene in the mid-1980s, and has remained influential since. The album was Slayer's first to enter the US Billboard 200, peaking at number 94, and was certified Gold on November 20, 1992. In 2013, NME ranked it at number 287 in its list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.[5]"
                                                                                  Last edited by BennyHiFi; 30-07-22, 21:47.

Comment

Slayer's Reign in Blood is the best metal album of all time in my humble opinion.

Rick Rubin basically made it a pop album "in extremis"

Yeah it's something like 28 minutes long in total isn't it? Angel of Death probably my favourite song ever. Definitely top 5. Amazing live band too. Saw them 4 times, all without Lombardo though.

Comment

Yeah it's something like 28 minutes long in total isn't it? Angel of Death probably my favourite song ever. Definitely top 5. Amazing live band too. Saw them 4 times, all without Lombardo though.
                                                                                      Yup. 28 mins. Rubin's production really tightened everything up. Listen

tSaw them with Lombardo in 1988 in Belfast. With Testament and Nuclear Assault IIRC.

Check this set list out..
                                                                                      1. South of Heaven
                                                                                      2. Raining Blood
                                                                                      3. Silent Scream
                                                                                      4. At Dawn They Sleep
                                                                                      5. Read Between the Lies
                                                                                      6. Fight Till Death
                                                                                      7. Mandatory Suicide
                                                                                      8. Kill Again
                                                                                      9. Behind the Crooked Cross
                                                                                      10. Postmortem
                                                                                      11. Reborn
                                                                                      12. Die by the Sword
                                                                                      13. Altar of Sacrifice
                                                                                      14. Jesus Saves
                                                                                      15. Chemical Warfare
                                                                                      16. Ghosts of War
                                                                                      17. Spill the Blood
                                                                                      18. Live Undead
                                                                                      19. Angel of Death
                                                                                      You can see Lombardo anywhere these days as he is a drummer for hire with Testament, Misifts, Suicidal Tendencies.

But Reign in Blood IS the best metal album ever. Especially when you consider how Rubin's influence made extreme music 'accessible' to some degree.

Comment

Here we go...

Comment

And a nice Angle of Death from 1988 with stage divers, lo-fi production and the original line up...

Comment

Was before my time but no metal song EVER beats this in my view . Love the slayer album slso but.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Non Dad here so not sure on age appropriateness but

Goonies
                                                                                              Never Ending Story
                                                                                              Gremlins
                                                                                              Twins
                                                                                              Big
                                                                                              The Lost Boys
                                                                                              Stand By Me
                                                                                              E.T.

The following are definitely out of his age bracket but I remember seeing them all when I was very young, was probably around 10 or 11 and my best mate and myself went through an Arnie faze - not sure how well they've stood the test of time though

Total Recall
                                                                                              Predator
                                                                                              Commando
                                                                                              The Running Man
                                                                                              Conan the Barbarian

I watched Fist of Fury one afternoon in a friends gaff (the only VCR (betamax) around), with a hoard of my neighbourhood pals (10 -13 yo). Went out to his front garden directly afterward and kicked 7 shades of shite out of each other. Watchya!!

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Was before my time but no metal song EVER beats this in my view . Love the slayer album slso but.
                                                                                                Lol... fuck me. How have I never heard this before? Incredible Solks. Even if I don't really believe it was before your (and SP's ) time. Pure magic.

Imagine being there. Bloody hell.... am I right in thinking it was Paice, Lord, Gillan and Blackmore line up?

Deep Purple remain an enigma to me to some degree.... this peels back a layer.
                                                                                                Last edited by BennyHiFi; 31-07-22, 13:51.

Comment

Yup. 28 mins. Rubin's production really tightened everything up. Listen

tSaw them with Lombardo in 1988 in Belfast. With Testament and Nuclear Assault IIRC.

Check this set list out..
                                                                                                  1. South of Heaven
                                                                                                  2. Raining Blood
                                                                                                  3. Silent Scream
                                                                                                  4. At Dawn They Sleep
                                                                                                  5. Read Between the Lies
                                                                                                  6. Fight Till Death
                                                                                                  7. Mandatory Suicide
                                                                                                  8. Kill Again
                                                                                                  9. Behind the Crooked Cross
                                                                                                  10. Postmortem
                                                                                                  11. Reborn
                                                                                                  12. Die by the Sword
                                                                                                  13. Altar of Sacrifice
                                                                                                  14. Jesus Saves
                                                                                                  15. Chemical Warfare
                                                                                                  16. Ghosts of War
                                                                                                  17. Spill the Blood
                                                                                                  18. Live Undead
                                                                                                  19. Angel of Death
                                                                                                  You can see Lombardo anywhere these days as he is a drummer for hire with Testament, Misifts, Suicidal Tendencies.

But Reign in Blood IS the best metal album ever. Especially when you consider how Rubin's influence made extreme music 'accessible' to some degree.
                                                                                                  Jaysus, that's some 3 song intro. Silent Scream some song too...

Comment

Ok, so I think this can most generously be described as 'proto-metal' TBH - I mean that's not taking anything away from it but it's not in the realm of extreme metal from the late e80s/early 9os which crossed over into figgin' mainstream almost. (inc. influencing the whole grunge movement which still resonates today)
                                                                                                    Last edited by BennyHiFi; 31-07-22, 13:51.

Comment

Lol... fuck me. How have I never heard this before? Incredible Sloks. Even if I don't really believe it was before your (and SP's ) time. Pure magic.

Imagine being there. Bloody hell.... am I right in thinking it was Paice, Lord, Gillan and Blackmore line up?

Deep Purple remain an enigma to me to some degree.... this peels back a layer.
                                                                                                      Lol. I only heard this 'jamming' version about 10 years ago.and was . Played it full volume and drunk when i had an empty house to clear the head . If you do the maths a mid 50s man was a baby when that was made. The line up is right. Blackmore only died recently. A right ol bollox but a genius . Smiling in this . Its quite a remarkable version as they were winging the intro and allowing Lord and Blackmore just wank ( joey the lips jazz ref)

Comment

Lol. I only heard this 'jamming' version about 10 years ago.and was . Played it full volume and drunk when i had an empty house to clear the head . If you do the maths a mid 50s man was a baby when that was made. The line up is right. Blackmore only died recently. A right ol bollox but a genius . Smiling in this . Its quite a remarkable version as they were winging the intro and allowing Lord and Blackmore just wank ( joey the lips jazz ref)
                                                                                                        Indeed. I'm now half down a bloody Deep Purple rabbit hole. Feck ya anyway. This is a really great selection.

PS.. I also love the fact that there were like 10 versions of Deep Purple over several decades and each one added something to the cannon.

Comment

Remember hearing on TikTok some Irish heavy metal band from the 90s, which were class, but can't remember the name. Was there a big-ish (the video was quite low budget) heavy metal band from Dublin around then? Maybe the late 80s.

Comment

Booked Minions in the cinema for tomorrow, due to rain and Benny's bad influence.

Comment

That was another mad turn in Episode 3 of The Rehearsal.

Comment

Remember hearing on TikTok some Irish heavy metal band from the 90s, which were class, but can't remember the name. Was there a big-ish (the video was quite low budget) heavy metal band from Dublin around then? Maybe the late 80s.
                                                                                                                Tiktok?
                                                                                                                Not sure who you mean but this is great to jog to. That simple hook beating through the song

Look em up. Vets at this stage

Comment

BennyHiFi

another great film to watch is shaolin soccer, and the dubbed version is hilarious as the expressions are completely OTT and out of whack with the conversations.

Comment

Therapy?
                                                                                                                    not on tiktok, as I'm not 12.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

now I remember, it was a punk band. Think the video was set in Dublin castle. Just had a great vibe off it.

Comment

Although the main guy did look like he was a paycheck away from joining Ernst and Young.

Comment

Kerbdog?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X