Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, i thought she improved as it went on. Handled the questioning about the earings and Sunak's dress sense pretty well while nicely burying Dorries.

Comment

Chuuune

Comment

From what I saw Saturday it was building up rapidly after 4am.
        Wouldn't be comfortable arriving after 5am.
        Enjoy the break Dom.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Also Flying at 7 on Wednesday Avec 3 kids and no fastrack so definitely will ask for family lane. Cheers (it’s called family assistance lane and looks like it’s just to the left of the main queue for security)
          How would you not get fast-track???!!!
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

How would you not get fast-track???!!!
            It was sold out over a month ago
            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

It was sold out over a month ago
              Just add it through the app, no? The Ryanair app never seems to run out of passes.

Comment

Although, in fairness, I never travel early morning, so maybe its different at those times.

Comment

Just add it through the app, no? The Ryanair app never seems to run out of passes.
                  Yeah Ryanair just keep selling it. (Got it flying to Glasgow) All others through DAA
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Yeah Ryanair just keep selling it. (Got it flying to Glasgow) All others through DAA
                    ah. Tend to only fly with Ryanair, so wouldn't be aware how the lesser airlines operate.

Comment

Read a couple of decent books on holidays:-

1. Say Nothing by Patrick Radden Keeffe
                      All about the NI Troubles BUT meticulous research and a v. clever way of telling the story is what makes it stand out. Strewel-I think you would really enjoy it despite yourself.
                      2. Phil by Alan Shipnuck
                      Described as the rip-roaring biography of Phil Mickleson. It is that with it being almost a composite of anecdotes and gossip. Enjoyable

Comment

13.99 per person for fast track in Dublin airport is ridiculous. That's the price quoted just there when I checked in for my flights. I'd rather just get there a bit earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

13.99 per person for fast track in Dublin airport is ridiculous. That's the price quoted just there when I checked in for my flights. I'd rather just get there a bit earlier.
                          Think its a fair bit cheaper through the Ryanair app - half that price. Yeah, each to their own. I just value the sleep time ridiculously higher than queuing time due to innate laziness.

Comment

I've never booked it. Just never even think of it when I'm going.

​​​​​

Comment

my son told me about the 100 prisoner riddle/game theory, and it's pretty amazing

the jist of it is:

there are 100 prisoners numbered 1 to 100. there is a room with 100 boxes numbered 1 to 100, which all contain a number between 1 and 100.

the prisoners are told to go into the room one by one and they can open up to 50 boxes in order to find their own number. they then cover the boxes back up and next person goes in, etc. if they all find their number, they are all free. if one person fails, they all stay in prison.

they can discuss strategy before hand, but once the first person goes in, no more communication is possible.

technically, the probability of success is 0.5 times 0.5 times 0.5 etc 100 times or 0.5 to the power of 100, which is roughly 0.0000000000000000000000000000008

But incredibly there is a simple strategy that bumps that chance of success to 0.31. what is it?

Comment

Assume Covid certs are no longer a thing for flying?

Flying to Berlin in Sep.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Think its a fair bit cheaper through the Ryanair app - half that price. Yeah, each to their own. I just value the sleep time ridiculously higher than queuing time due to innate laziness.
                                  That was in the ryanair app. Maybe it gets dearer close to the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    Assume Covid certs are no longer a thing for flying?

Flying to Berlin in Sep.
                                    Check German rules, I found out last week that I'd need a booster for France as my 2nd jab was too long ago

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                        my son told me about the 100 prisoner riddle/game theory, and it's pretty amazing

the jist of it is:

there are 100 prisoners numbered 1 to 100. there is a room with 100 boxes numbered 1 to 100, which all contain a number between 1 and 100.

the prisoners are told to go into the room one by one and they can open up to 50 boxes in order to find their own number. they then cover the boxes back up and next person goes in, etc. if they all find their number, they are all free. if one person fails, they all stay in prison.

they can discuss strategy before hand, but once the first person goes in, no more communication is possible.

technically, the probability of success is 0.5 times 0.5 times 0.5 etc 100 times or 0.5 to the power of 100, which is roughly 0.0000000000000000000000000000008

But incredibly there is a simple strategy that bumps that chance of success to 0.31. what is it?
                                        I remember this.
                                        SPOILER
                                        Basically they all do the same approach, start with their own number and pick that box, then pick the box numbered from the result of the 1st box.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I remember this.
                                          SPOILER
                                          Basically they all do the same approach, start with their own number and pick that box, then pick the box numbered from the result of the 1st box.
                                          correct.

Comment

Anyone have a contact in Paddy Power poker? Having what should be quite an easy issue to solve but just getting generic replies from support

Comment

correct.
                                              I remember it being shown to me but still don't quite get *how* it works. Like I kinda intuitivly understand how the uniform approach will improve odds as it creates for each attempt a unique string of guesses but I can;t quite verbalise why
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I remember it being shown to me but still don't quite get *how* it works. Like I kinda intuitivly understand how the uniform approach will improve odds as it creates for each attempt a unique string of guesses but I can;t quite verbalise why
                                                SPOILER
                                                it comes down to the probability of having a " number circle" of over 50 numbers, which is roughly only one in 3 chances. what's also amazing is that it works for 500 prisoners or million prisoners and the odds barely change. but i get the counter intuitive reaction of WTF?

Comment

correct.
                                                  But what do they do if
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  their box number is gone as taken previously by another prisoner as belonging to them? I assume it goes if identified correctly. Solution only works if boxes stays in the room regardless I guess?
                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

You're simply creating closed loops, if the max is under 50 you get everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

But what do they do if
                                                      SPOILER
                                                      their box number is gone as taken previously by another prisoner as belonging to them? I assume it goes if identified correctly. Solution only works if boxes stays in the room regardless I guess?
                                                      all the boxes are closed when a new person enters. basically it's reset for each new prisoner entering the room

Comment

Its explained well here from about 4 minutes onwards. (I think I even understand it now)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Check German rules, I found out last week that I'd need a booster for France as my 2nd jab was too long ago
                                                          Cheers, hadn't thought of that, was checking DAA. Great, no need.
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Covid day 3 . Cold sweats but feeling MUCH better . Headaces annoying . Poxy thing all the same . On the plus side down 3 kilos

Comment

No you don't! The website just hasnt been updated. There's zero covid regs in France at the moment. No need to be vaccinated. No checks.

Comment

No you don't! The website just hasnt been updated. There's zero covid regs in France at the moment. No need to be vaccinated. No checks.
                                                                there was from the UK. as mellor said, either booster or less than nine months since jab 2. they checked it on the ferry, so check regardless

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Its explained well here from about 4 minutes onwards. (I think I even understand it now)
                                                                  That's actually beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                    Covid day 3 . Cold sweats but feeling MUCH better . Headaces annoying . Poxy thing all the same . On the plus side down 3 kilos
                                                                    Dafuq? Did you have Dehli belly or is that normally what you eat in a day or two?
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Or C. Loss of water??
                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

there was from the UK. as mellor said, either booster or less than nine months since jab 2. they checked it on the ferry, so check regardless
                                                                        That's a non-EU thing though. Although I should have specified that there's no Intra-EU regs for France.

Comment

Chuuune
                                                                          Jesus, Simon Cowell on the depression bandwagon too.
                                                                          Guess his shtick of being a cunt for a living didn't play well in 2022.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Dafuq? Did you have Dehli belly or is that normally what you eat in a day or two?
                                                                            I eat a lot but i exercise too. No food really in 3 days but no exercise as was in bed sweating a LOT . Normal no? 102kgs to under 99kg .

Comment

That's a non-EU thing though. Although I should have specified that there's no Intra-EU regs for France.
                                                                              No its not. All entries for over 12s from green countries (which the uk is included in) , you need to be able to prove you've been double vaccinated (2nd within nine months) or had the booster. They don't always check though, but best be prepared

Comment

No its not. All entries for over 12s from green countries (which the uk is included in) , you need to be able to prove you've been double vaccinated (2nd within nine months) or had the booster. They don't always check though, but best be prepared
                                                                                How's your leg?
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

How's your leg?
                                                                                  Getting worse i think. Had x-ray, ct scan and mri, now waiting for a discussion for the next step. Dreading the worst, hoping for the best.

Comment

France Diplomacy Website says no restricts for fully vaccinated travellers. But you have to demonstrate that you are fully vax’d.
                                                                                    There may well be no practical checks, but would be a bit silly to just trust that and disregard the official website.

Besides it’s not about whether or not their are checks at the French border, but whether or not some nazi at departures believes there is.

Comment

Getting worse i think. Had x-ray, ct scan and mri, now waiting for a discussion for the next step. Dreading the worst, hoping for the best.
                                                                                      Next step ​​​​​​
                                                                                      Seriously though, hope it goes well for ya.

Comment

This trial was mentioned here before. As who groped a one night stand while she slept was sentenced to 18 months.

Comment

You slow rolling bastard. You win this night . Tomorrow we do the dance again.

Comment

I eat a lot but i exercise too. No food really in 3 days but no exercise as was in bed sweating a LOT . Normal no? 102kgs to under 99kg .
                                                                                            I've dropped 4 kg in a week with it so yeah I'd say normal. Even the boss who normally weighs about the same as a feather is down over a kg this week so seems standard
                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

RIP.

Comment

This trial was mentioned here before. As who groped a one night stand while she slept was sentenced to 18 months.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-41868143.html
                                                                                                There's also a new proposed law.

People accused of rape will have to convince a jury they took steps to get consent from their accuser in a major reform of rape laws.

Currently, those accused of rape can be found not guilty if they honestly believed they had obtained consent. However, following sign-off from senior ministers, new laws will mean the accused will have to show how they tried to get consent from their accuser.
                                                                                                I get it that our laws were probably written decades ago, but I wonder how many drunken encounters after a night in coppers really conform to that law, where both parties are off their heads.

Comment

I see the 'China manufactured covid' conspiracy has been fully dismissed. Something that was popular on here for a while.

In June, the World Health Organization recommended that scientists continue to research all possible origins of the Covid-19 pandemic, including a lab leak. Two newly published studies take totally different approaches but arrive at the same conclusion: The Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, was most likely the epicenter for the coronavirus.

As with most of these things, the conspiracy gets endless posts, then the debunking probably just gets this single post.

Another one was the 'Putin is dying' story.

Comment

RIP.
                                                                                                    Yep ive been farting a lot .

Comment

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the Garret "odd shoes" anecdotes are true.
                                                                                                        Garret FitzGerald had once accidentally come in
                                                                                                        with two left shoes to be repaired, while, similarly,

Enda Kenny had brought two pairs and two odd

shoes.
                                                                                                        “It’s like following a hearse,” said John Miley, walking slowly behind the Blake machine he and his father before him had used to resole the shoes of every Taoiseach from Eamon de Valera to Enda Kenny.

Sad to see a business close down. Can't help thinking though that a number of his rivals are thriving, going into new markets, and social media.

Maybe it's more that he wants something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                          I'm beginning to wonder if any of the Garret "odd shoes" anecdotes are true.

Well like if only the left shoe needs to be fixed why would you bring both in??
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I see the 'China manufactured covid' conspiracy has been fully dismissed. Something that was popular on here for a while.

In June, the World Health Organization recommended that scientists continue to research all possible origins of the Covid-19 pandemic, including a lab leak. Two newly published studies take totally different approaches but arrive at the same conclusion: The Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, was most likely the epicenter for the coronavirus.

As with most of these things, the conspiracy gets endless posts, then the debunking probably just gets this single post.

Another one was the 'Putin is dying' story.
                                                                                                            What they've found is that the market was definitely the epicenter of the outbreak. They still have nothing to say about the virus's origins. It puts the balance of probability back in favour of a natural origin but it's absolutely not a debunking.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

What they've found is that the market was definitely the epicenter of the outbreak. They still have nothing to say about the virus's origins. It puts the balance of probability back in favour of a natural origin but it's absolutely not a debunking.
                                                                                                              The only way it wouldn't be a debunking is if you assign some probability to the rantings of conspiracy theorists. Presumably in this case that the virus was transported to the market.

Comment

It begins
                                                                                                                Former Irish rugby players to take proceedings against IRFU over brain injuries

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

In my local () Carrefour supermarche this morning and I saw something so unthinkable, so appalling, so un-French that I felt compelled to share it here. But mainly for shraaaaaap.

Mustard is strictly rationed to one pot per shopper.

What the hell is going on? Has the entire French social and cultural construct just collapsed? Surely the end of civilisation as we know it.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on the most recent Better Call Saul?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Liked it, even if it didn't quite fit with the show sequence. Guess it was to show how desperate he was to get back to being a scammer. Is there a small chance it was setting up a follow on show?

Comment

The only way it wouldn't be a debunking is if you assign some probability to the rantings of conspiracy theorists. Presumably in this case that the virus was transported to the market.
                                                                                                                      Have a look on Google maps, check where the market is and where the lab is.

We could also talk about furin cleavage sites if either of us had a decent knowledge of genetics but there's more than enough info out there for people to make reasonably educated decisions. tldr, it's not a conspiracy theory. It's still a reasonable proposition.
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I've lost braincells through many poor life choices, I refuse to lose some through engaging in this argument.

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on the most recent Better Call Saul?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Liked it, even if it didn't quite fit with the show sequence. Guess it was to show how desperate he was to get back to being a scammer. Is there a small chance it was setting up a follow on show?
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Quite a clever episode. I think he planned that scam to ensure the other guy wouldn't ID him to anyone. Also at the end he looked like he was going for his colourful clobber 'Saul' look

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X