This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Have to kill 90 mins in Rathcoole/Newcastle with one kid while other is at a party. Any suggestions Soljs/Laz?
    As GAB says, Cliff at Lyons is a nice spot, but with a kid I'd prob just head down to Corkagh Park.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
      Yeeaaaahh defo winning the RWC now roysh goys?
      Quarter final for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Quarter final for sure!
        Same thing!
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

WC draw is very lop-sided, with NZ, SA, Ireland and France all on one side meaning only two of them can get to the semi-finals.
          I understand why they need to do the draw early, but surely it's getting done a bit too early.

Comment

IPB The Open Golf Sweep 2022 - Round 2 Update

balfejohn playing like Tiger circa 2000.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Eldest is moving to Italy from the UK not specifically because of Brexit but it is making the move much messier than it should be not least that his job can't be transferred onto the EU.

But aside from all the brexit problems there have been two unexpected bonuses. Almost 30 months ago he bought a Toyota Avensis estate hybrid for £14k in a private deal got a good bit of use but put very few miles on it and is selling it today to a 'We buy Cars for cash' crowd for £18k
              Better still is the deal that his Italian wife stumbles into, Italy are encouraging people to come home with an “Impatriates” tax break that any citizen with a degree who returns after more than a few years away can avail of a 70% tax break for 5 years (90% if you live in certain areas like Calabria or Sicily) and then if you have brought children home, give birth to children or buy a property during that time you get another five years at 50%!
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lowry not content to leave the glory to the rugby lads. Just pitched in twice in a row for back to back eagles.

Comment

Have to kill 90 mins in Rathcoole/Newcastle with one kid while other is at a party. Any suggestions Soljs/Laz?
                  Who invites half a twin to a party!
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Could be wore weekends to be isolating

0BslWpi.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Could be wore weekends to be isolating

0BslWpi.jpg
                      No rugby? Tut tut tut
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

No rugby? Tut tut tut

Flicking between it nd the Cricket on the TV

BTW that' s Hampshire picking up min 2 points for me in the multi sport comp and a few quid if they can win the final tonight.

Comment

Countdown clock for Strew becoming a grandad: 4 years 11 months.

Comment

That dominoes pizza yodelling ad is the most seriously annoying ad in the history of television surpassing even the Stephen and Rachel ads ....sorry..Rachel and Stephen

Met 2 of the sisters today..mad bints banging on about some Korean drama thing on Netflix

Nice day....had some notions of lumbering out to the Bonnington but after a slightly drunken triple battle bluff last night in a rare online appearance decided not to bother my bollox

TV was on the blink with sound running up to 100 and menu popping up in German....was googling various smart tvs etc ...spied my trusty can of DW40 shrugged the shoulders and gave the buttons a few squirts.......working perfectly again bar losing 1 channel for some reason.

Great stuff that DW40

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                              That dominoes pizza yodelling ad is the most seriously annoying ad in the history of television surpassing even the Stephen and Rachel ads ....sorry..Rachel and Stephen

Met 2 of the sisters today..mad bints banging on about some Korean drama thing on Netflix

Nice day....had some notions of lumbering out to the Bonnington but after a slightly drunken triple battle bluff last night in a rare online appearance decided not to bother my bollox

TV was on the blink with sound running up to 100 and menu popping up in German....was googling various smart tvs etc ...spied my trusty can of DW40 shrugged the shoulders and gave the buttons a few squirts.......working perfectly again bar losing 1 channel for some reason.

Great stuff that DW40
                              Call me old fashioned, but I'm still using WD-40.
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Deutsche-Werke vierzig.

Damn, it's hot here. Tomorrow and Monday meant to be fiendish.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Have an occasion to mark in this house so sent the missus to grab a bottle of wine. She came back with the 2016 meerlust, opened. "Because its been there for ages". so I said nothing because it is bloody gorgeous and I ran down to the offy to pick up the last bottle I saw last Saturday and thankfully it was still there. Tucking in with some cheese and crackers. Well played Lao Lao with the recommendation.

Snagged a premium ticket for the Hurling final tomorrow thanks to a mate who had it spare. Off work Monday and Tuesday because the boss decided to close due to heat wave warnings

Had worse weekends.

Comment

McIlroy headsup for a major vs a kid who's never been in this spot before.

All over the kid?

Comment

Only Rory can beat Rory tomorrow. Hope it doesn't happen. Hov a good partner for him anyway. Go on Wee Mac!

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

took me a while...

I still believe there is a dog

Comment

Flicking between it and the Cricket on the TV

BTW that' s Hampshire picking up min 2 points for me in the multi sport comp and a few quid if they can win the final tonight.
                                          Dramatic finishes in both games at exactly the same time.

Comment

Dramatic finishes in both games at exactly the same time.
                                            That was mayhem - I actually filled you in as 2 points about 45 minutes ago when Lancashire needed little more than run-a-ball with 8 wickets.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

That was mayhem - I actually filled you in as 2 points about 45 minutes ago when Lancashire needed little more than run-a-ball with 8 wickets.
                                              It was crazy! I was sure they would blow it when they had to bowl the free hit.

Comment

Just when they think it's all over...

Father-in-law on death bed last number of months. Takes critical downward spiral last weekend just after we leave on holiday. Couple of days later finality of situation is confirmed.

Mrs HiFi abandons holiday to go be with him and family. Caught Covid on holiday (we only did ONE activity indoors FFS, everything else outside...anyway) and brings it to the home place.

Now isolating in her childhood bedroom upstairs in family home from her dying father, watching situation downstairs on a baby monitor and almost certainly wont be able to go to the funeral (after 2.5 years of avoiding the bloody thing).

A cruel twist in the tail. Me and HiFii jr now back in Dublin and pretty helpless (yet still somehow Covid free).

Desperate sad carry on altogether.

Comment

That's lousy.
                                                  If he is actively dying I don't see why they wouldn't let her spend some time with him.

Comment

That's lousy.
                                                    If he is actively dying I don't see why they wouldn't let her spend some time with him.
                                                    Indeed SP.

Just other people in the house who don't have it i suppose is the issue.

So far she's got about 1 min with him with all windows/door open and everyone else outside. And maybe a bit more of that tomorrow if he lasts that long.

Maybe able to attend funeral at a distance (deffo not the mass)... but that's gonna be tough on everyone inc. the young fella who hasn't seen her for 5 days and at 6.5 years old is obviously trying to figure out what the fuck it all means.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Who invites half a twin to a party!
                                                      In seperate classes in school.

Party today was for girls from her class.

Pamper party.

Lad asks me whats a pamper party.

Told him its probably not for him.

Comment

Benny that's fucking shit. So sorry to hear.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Life can be lousy alright. My uncle died yesterday after 4 years of a degenerative muscle wasting disease taking away his enjoyment of life, his independence and probably a fair bit of dignity.

Being so high risk he also basically had to be locked away from the world for the last 2.5 years too, meaning my aunt had to be there for him 24/7 and also stay away from the rest of us.

A father of 6, a granddad to 10, 3 of whom he only was able to really 'meet' through windows.

A proud self made man is what he'll be remembered for, and we'll all forget the end because it just simply wasn't fair.

Relief hopefully now John.

Comment

Grim Sunday reading. Hopefully by the time the grim reaper takes a look at me he doesnt drag it out . Its 2022 humans shouldn't have to suffer until their bodys finally cave.

Comment

Think a playoff is a possibility in the golf later. Hovland and McIllroy are 8/1 to tie which seems pretty decent. Obviously someone could come from the pack but unlikely enough.

Comment

IPB The Open Golf Sweep 2022 - Round 3 Update

balfejohn looking to go wire to wire.

Comment

A glass door shattered in the MGM last night and half the strip went into panic mode...People shielding under poker tables at the WSOP. Seems like loads of minor injuries from various stampedes. What a country.

Comment

The 'aul lad just rang me from his mobile.

'Can you so me a favour?'

'Sure, what do you need?'

'Can you phone me as I've messed up your number in my phone'

'How did you ring me then?'

'Did I ring you?'

'Eh, yeah....'

'Ah, it should be ok so, thanks for that'

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                      The 'aul lad just rang me from his mobile.

'Can you so me a favour?'

'Sure, what do you need?'

'Can you phone me as I've messed up your number in my phone'

'How did you ring me then?'

'Did I ring you?'

'Eh, yeah....'

'Ah, it should be ok so, thanks for that'
                                                                      Having lots of those lately too, every second day is something new.

Comment

Some harsh reading there.
                                                                        ​​​​Enjoy life while u can folks.
                                                                        Somewhat related, i was up with the father in law in the nursing home yesterday and he's sure he in a hotel he used to frequent with his wife in the canaries years ago.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The 'hotel thing' is exactly the same as my Mam. I don't think it's a specific hotel like DP's F-I-L, but she constantly compares it to various other hotels. Always convinced that she has just arrived a few days ago and is on the final night of a weekend break (actually been there since 2019).
                                                                          She came out with an unintentionally cracking line a few weeks ago "I heard this place is being sold and getting turned into an old folks home".

You already know this at some level, but it's worth pointing out that long-term it isn't going to get better. Today is absolutely as good as it gets, and in 3 months or 6 months it'll be worse. Stark.

Comment

Speaking of wine, I absolutely adore this Riesling, anybody tried or other recommendations?

dtEsYDsl.jpg

Comment

Phenomenal stuff from cam smith. What a back 9

Comment

Nearly as impressive as Limericks 3 in a row !
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Fk couldn't dio it for me in the Masters then he snookers me in this.

He's so capable. I think Mckinley was all over him .

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                    A glass door shattered in the MGM last night and half the strip went into panic mode...People shielding under poker tables at the WSOP. Seems like loads of minor injuries from various stampedes. What a country.
                                                                                    Daniel was in the room when it happened. He blogged about it today.

Comment

Cousins daughter is over next week to trian with the Ireland U16 team in Blanch under the granny rule. Seems like a lot of back and forward from San Diego to me at that age.

Comment

Cousins daughter is over next week to trian with the Ireland U16 team in Blanch under the granny rule. Seems like a lot of back and forward from San Diego to me at that age.
                                                                                        Interesting because that's something I thought FIFA had rules against. Generally the rule was that if U18 you can only play for the country you live in, or are being educated in, or a neighbouring country if you live within X kilometres of the border. Sensible enough rule as there's nothing good in having youngsters jetting to the other side of the world for a game.

Comment

Esp for a girl....

Bill Burr has a great piece about women's sport in his latest special, along the lines of shouldent all the seats be sold out to feminists, supporting their own ? their not...cos its shit
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Expected that idiotic opinions like this would be getting chucked around after yesterday but don’t think a paid journalist would sneak it into a national newspaper- I know it’s the Sindo but thoughts they had some standards
                                                                                            it’s not even top 5 ffs
                                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

McIlroy is such a bottler. Not sure how so many lads constantly cream themselves over him

Comment

Mayo was infested with Jellyfish . Probably saved me from 3rd degree burns from the sun as i cut short my sea dip . Surrounded by them . Not the harmful ones but still too many of them

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  McIlroy is such a bottler. Not sure how so many lads constantly cream themselves over him
                                                                                                  Wrong call this time imo

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Interesting because that's something I thought FIFA had rules against. Generally the rule was that if U18 you can only play for the country you live in, or are being educated in, or a neighbouring country if you live within X kilometres of the border. Sensible enough rule as there's nothing good in having youngsters jetting to the other side of the world for a game.
                                                                                                    Yeah will be interested to get the full story when they arrive. "Invited to train with them" is the line i was given. Staying with me & I'll end up doing the ferrying around so might try get in for a look.

Comment

Not sure how you arrive at this conclusion based on today???? He shot 2 under and couldn't buy a putt whereas the winner shot the round of his life

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Not sure how you arrive at this conclusion based on today???? He shot 2 under and couldn't buy a putt whereas the winner shot the round of his life
                                                                                                        It's not just based on today. It's in general. Think someone here referred to him as a mental midget before which sums it up perfectly.

Contrast that with the unreal round he had in Augusta when all the pressure was off and he's just lacking something mentally because the game is clearly there. He's a bottler.

Comment

It's not just based on today. It's in general. Think someone here referred to him as a mental midget before which sums it up perfectly.

Contrast that with the unreal round he had in Augusta when all the pressure was off and he's just lacking something mentally because the game is clearly there. He's a bottler.
                                                                                                          He's won 4 majors and 2 Fed Ex cups . He's not Tiger . Quite the career so far . Quite a few have hit the heights and fallen away. He's still more or less there . Frustrating at times but he's done great this week.

Comment

IPB The Open Gold Sweep 2022 - Final Update
                                                                                                            We have a worthy winner in balfejohn. Has been known in the past to sport a mullet and tash.

Comment

Terrible take. Bottlers do not win multiple majors. A bottler may fall into one. A very good player wins 2. Great players win 3+. He has 4, and very likely to win more. Conceivably has 12 -15 years to win the Masters to make the Grand Slam to join only 5-6 golfers ever to do so.

Don't be like the pub illiterate who give out about him not parading the Tri-Colour in the Ryder Cup.

I'm not exactly a massive fan of him tbh, but give him a break!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                Surely it shows that everyone should be allowed bring their own firearms into WSOP just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

All the winner had to do was equal the best back nine in the history of the Open*. What's so hard about that?

*Matching a record set by.... Rory McIlroy.
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I know it's been re asked before but can somebody point me in the direction of a good sharpening stone please?

Comment

OK Shraaaaaap. Your country has gone to the dogs.

In the space of a few kilometres yesterday, we encountered three 'pizza machines'. Boxes that spat out pre-made pizza when you swiped your card appropriately. With queues of people using them. I thought this was the nadir until we saw a baguette machine further down the road. Like WTFF.

Gone to the dogs imo. And it's stupidly hot too, which I blame you for personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                        I know it's been re asked before but can somebody point me in the direction of a good sharpening stone please?
                                                                                                                        Skerper

Comment

Quick question. I was playing a live tournament at the weekend. First one in years. So I'm very out of the loop.

We were in the money, and coming up to a fifteen min break, the pot was heads up, and with 2 mins left on the clock about half the table left including the big blind.

Hand finished with 15 seconds on the clock and dealer announced we were on a break. I asked should we not play another hand given there was time left?

One player laughed, and the dealer just shook his head.

I didn't push it, but is it not like when the blinds have been posted before a level change? Once there's time to start the hand should be dealt?

Average stack was less than 20bbs, so reasonable significant blinds

Understandably he wanted a break, and maybe he thought I was angling.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X