Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Wordle Gummidge

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The golf last night was so enjoyable. Had a bit of everything and great to see Rory win again.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

    Comment


      Originally posted by elbows View Post
      The golf last night was so enjoyable. Had a bit of everything and great to see Rory win again.
      Enjoyed it alright - whats the picks for next weekend?

      Thinking of Rose & Webb for Top 10s and Zalatoris ftw and see where we are Saturday

      Comment


        Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

        Enjoyed it alright - whats the picks for next weekend?

        Thinking of Rose & Webb for Top 10s and Zalatoris ftw and see where we are Saturday
        Not doing much pre these days. Nice touch on Clark FRL last week. Waiting for a course preview from Bo before I see who I’ll back. Willy Z definitely on the short list. Could be a decent advantage to morning guys Thursday for FRL too and possibly an am/pm advantage too. I’ll be back Wednesday night with an update.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

        Comment


          Originally posted by coillcam View Post

          I spun it up for half-hour while I was traveling. My initial thoughts were that the on-screen graphics were poor and hard to see the attraction in the "Cleeks" trying to beat the "Niblicks". It just looks like a weak product from an entertainment perspective. Even with a few more names from the PGA tour, I think it needs a lot of work to attract the punters. Not that the players will complain. Schwartzel took home $4m and Hennie Du Plessis more than doubled his career earnings with $2m. They also were on the same team which won the team section and took home another $750k each for their troubles. Even excluding the signing bonuses, the money is game-changing for journeymen pros like Du Plessis.
          Team match play would have been better. There is an apatite for more match play events like the WGC and Ryder Cup.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

          Comment


            Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
            Poxy draw in the GAA. dream final cant happen now .

            Clare could actually make a footy Final.
            What was your dream final?
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

            Comment


              Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

              What was your dream final?
              My cousins are from Kerry so its easy to figure from that.

              To beat this Kerry team in the final would be EPIC .Especially with the accompanying HYPE. . So no dream final for me.

              Have friends in Clare so be nice to see them buoyed up in the unlikely event - Sexton looks a player .

              Comment


                Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                My cousins are from Kerry so its easy to figure from that.

                To beat this Kerry team in the final would be EPIC .Especially with the accompanying HYPE. . So no dream final for me.

                Have friends in Clare so be nice to see them buoyed up in the unlikely event - Sexton looks a player .
                Kerry v Dublin was always a potential semi final this year. They couldn't have met in the final because of the provincial arrangement

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

                  Team match play would have been better. There is an apatite for more match play events like the WGC and Ryder Cup.
                  I think the teams matchplay stuff only works with the best players and if there is some needle and big crowds .As for singles matchplay it’s just not great TV most of the time as you get to the later stages it’s difficult with only a few on the course and if matches aren’t close.

                  I didn’t watch any of the Liv and I watch a lot of golf and would know a lot of Asian tour and DPWT lesser lights and I didn’t know who 5 or 6 of the guys were. That will change of course but can’t see it being something I’d bother with for now. If they have most of the top guys and set teams with trades etc it would work better. I’d be shocked if the format is the same next year.

                  Interesting times for golf either way.
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

                  Comment


                    Crypto fooked?
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by elbows View Post

                      I think the teams matchplay stuff only works with the best players and if there is some needle and big crowds .As for singles matchplay it’s just not great TV most of the time as you get to the later stages it’s difficult with only a few on the course and if matches aren’t close.

                      I didn’t watch any of the Liv and I watch a lot of golf and would know a lot of Asian tour and DPWT lesser lights and I didn’t know who 5 or 6 of the guys were. That will change of course but can’t see it being something I’d bother with for now. If they have most of the top guys and set teams with trades etc it would work better. I’d be shocked if the format is the same next year.

                      Interesting times for golf either way.
                      I’ve an idea for a golf event.

                      T-off, hit a fairway – 2 points, GIR - 2 points, then normal points as per Stapleford. I know the game is about getting the ball into a little hole but it would be interesting to see an event that rewards
                      Driving and iron accuracy also. Could be a fun event.


                      Maybe it exists already .

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                        Crypto fooked?
                        Just a dip within a dip.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Micknail View Post

                          Just a dip within a dip.
                          A diplet. Or diplette, if you want to get all fancy.

                          It's going to the moon.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                            I’ve an idea for a golf event.

                            T-off, hit a fairway – 2 points, GIR - 2 points, then normal points as per Stapleford. I know the game is about getting the ball into a little hole but it would be interesting to see an event that rewards
                            Driving and iron accuracy also. Could be a fun event.


                            Maybe it exists already .


                            Was playing Slade Valley last week (1 birdie, 6 pars!!)

                            Checked in with the lad as booked through golf now.
                            "Have you played here before" he asks
                            "Loads" I reply
                            "ah you know your way around so"
                            "Yep, trees on the left then the trees on the right then bunkers" says I with my patented raised eyebrows amused look
                            much hilarity ensued

                            Edit
                            Scratched 3 as lost ball off drive....grrrr

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dinekes View Post



                              Was playing Slade Valley last week (1 birdie, 6 pars!!)

                              Checked in with the lad as booked through golf now.
                              "Have you played here before" he asks
                              "Loads" I reply
                              "ah you know your way around so"
                              "Yep, trees on the left then the trees on the right then bunkers" says I with my patented raised eyebrows amused look
                              much hilarity ensued

                              Edit
                              Scratched 3 as lost ball off drive....grrrr
                              Right beside us . Its very scenic . The short dogleg right hole is a bollx . Never parred it . Keep finding the trees the 5th ?
                              The hole over the road is my fav . 16th? Cheap n cheerful .

                              Saggart Woods beside it for a light leg stretcher.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                A diplet. Or diplette, if you want to get all fancy.

                                It's going to the moon.
                                Yes, vertically downwards via Australia.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  Crypto fooked?
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHZvBbNRSgU

                                  Comment


                                    BennyHiFi

                                    This might be of interest to you.

                                    http://www.adverts.ie/27109401

                                    This too shall pass.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                      It's not NY but I guess the costs are probably similar. There's stuff in an expat package that you don't get as a regular Joe so not just a salary number (although that's actually where my focus is).

                                      There's all sorts of factors at play - renting in US vs owning in Ireland, Mrs D3 working\not, can we rent our house here, what happens with pension contributions etc. We'll see where it ends up, I think I'm in a strong position but may have misread my hand versus the board.
                                      I was asked to make my own counter-proposal. Not sure if I asked for too much or too little.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                        I was asked to make my own counter-proposal. Not sure if I asked for too much or too little.
                                        If you weren't laughing internally at the absurdity of your counter-proposal, it's too little.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

                                          Right beside us . Its very scenic . The short dogleg right hole is a bollx . Never parred it . Keep finding the trees the 5th ?
                                          The hole over the road is my fav . 16th? Cheap n cheerful .

                                          Saggart Woods beside it for a light leg stretcher.
                                          The dogleg right is the 6th. (Or the 8th?) Tricky one.
                                          16th is the one over the road all right with that pesky tree in the way.
                                          Birdied the 4th (short uphill par 4) Drive to about 15/20 metres off nice chip on over the bunker and sank a 10 footer.
                                          Was putting for birdie 3 times under 5 feet
                                          12th was about 4 feet and 17th a disgusting miss from maybe 3 1/2 feet
                                          3 putted from 12 feet on the 8th for a bogey

                                          (tell us about your birdie dinekes why doncha!)

                                          Comment


                                            https://www.instagram.com/tv/Celdjm7...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

                                            Comment


                                              Phillip Baker Hall RIP
                                              Turning millions into thousands

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by dobby View Post

                                                If you weren't laughing internally at the absurdity of your counter-proposal, it's too little.
                                                this is so true

                                                Comment


                                                  The Northern Ireland protocol thing appears to be an unsolvable problem. I mean you have to have border checks on goods and people like between the US and Canada or the US and Mexico. Yet we can't go back to having check points splitting our island. No wonder it has been fudge after fudge after kick it down the road.
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                  Comment


                                                    It's an unsquarable circle. GFI made sense because of the European context, the protocol implemented reasonably with an acceptable amount of smuggling and leakage is as pragmatic a solution as there can be..

                                                    The only other option is to redraw the border. I don't think they have any concept of how badly this could escalate.

                                                    As was explained ad nauseam to the Brexiteers who chose in their zealotry to ignore it, there is no version of Brexit that is compatible with the current status of NI within the UK.

                                                    Turning millions into thousands

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      It's an unsquarable circle. GFI made sense because of the European context, the protocol implemented reasonably with an acceptable amount of smuggling and leakage is as pragmatic a solution as there can be..

                                                      The only other option is to redraw the border. I don't think they have any concept of how badly this could escalate.

                                                      As was explained ad nauseam to the Brexiteers who chose in their zealotry to ignore it, there is no version of Brexit that is compatible with the current status of NI within the UK.
                                                      There seems to be 5 broad options, none of which are remotely likely to happen.

                                                      1. Ireland leaves the EU and aligns with the UK.
                                                      2. UK rejoins EU or at least customs union and/or single market.
                                                      3. UK and unionists become far more pragmatic and accept some sort of sea border for goods while NI still remains in the UK,
                                                      4. United Ireland.
                                                      5. EU throws out most of it's normal caution and rules for the UKs benefit.

                                                      I couldn't pick which of those never going to happen options would be the most likely to happen. They are all as remote as each other really. Probably #3 because at some point there may be a different UK government in place which may be a tad more normal. Unionists won't change though.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Great potential for a thriller in the cricket today. I've backed NZ at 4/1 and expect some wonderful swongs through the day.
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

                                                          Nicely done. Hope he brought some chicken wings as an extra bonus.

                                                          What did you sing?
                                                          “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                                          Comment


                                                            Missus pings a positive for covid on 2nd day back to work. Much milder for her so far compared to the 1st round over the Xmas break. Feeling fine and just had a negative on my test. Out for golf in the evenings most evenings it has to be so!

                                                            Just don't want to catch it right now as the captain's prize is on this weekend.

                                                            Comment


                                                              7 years married yesterday
                                                              Not itchy at all.

                                                              My cousin Vinny suit still fits and all


                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Great potential for a thriller in the cricket today. I've backed NZ at 4/1 and expect some wonderful swongs through the day.
                                                                England playing like it's a T20 in the final session of a 5 day test, great entertainment for the crowd who were all let in for free (and sound like they have invested the savings in liquid assets).
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  7 years married yesterday
                                                                  Not itchy at all.

                                                                  My cousin Vinny suit still fits and all

                                                                  I envy the non itchy . I was eyeing the bridesmaids. I know i know. Hell awaits . But nothing like the hell of the bridemaid in the tight fitting peacy dress being mauled by the unworthy.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Has anyone here backed Quarantie Dreams in Ascot on Saturday? A few IPB members are in the owners syndicate. Opened up at 33/1, backed into 11/1 at the moment so would be a nice one to bink.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                      Has anyone here backed Quarantie Dreams in Ascot on Saturday? A few IPB members are in the owners syndicate. Opened up at 33/1, backed into 11/1 at the moment so would be a nice one to bink.
                                                                      I'd say the rest of us are waiting till it gets into 5/1

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                        Missus pings a positive for covid on 2nd day back to work. Much milder for her so far compared to the 1st round over the Xmas break. Feeling fine and just had a negative on my test. Out for golf in the evenings most evenings it has to be so!

                                                                        Just don't want to catch it right now as the captain's prize is on this weekend.
                                                                        Could be worse, could be preggers
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Are the NCT centres really all booked up 5 months out?

                                                                          (and isn't half the country driving on expired NCTs if that is the case? )
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Are the NCT centres really all booked up 5 months out?

                                                                            (and isn't half the country driving on expired NCTs if that is the case? )
                                                                            Yeah, mine is due end of July and cant get anywhere nearby sooner than end of November. So I emailed them and I'm on a priority list apparently and will be contacted in 2 weeks. I tried the trick of waiting until midnight when the system resets but had no joy doing it that way. This was the standard reply I got after filing out the form on the website

                                                                            You are currently on a priority list and should receive details of an appointment within the next two weeks.

                                                                            For more information on the new changes to the test and how your vehicle may be affected, please log onto www.ncts.ie or www.rsa.ie.

                                                                            We look forward to serving you and wish you every success with your NCT.

                                                                            Yours sincerely,

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                              Are the NCT centres really all booked up 5 months out?

                                                                              (and isn't half the country driving on expired NCTs if that is the case? )
                                                                              Trick apparently is to attempt to book at ~midnight as this is when new slots/cancellations open up.

                                                                              Haven't done so myself but i think someone here posted that it worked before.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                Are the NCT centres really all booked up 5 months out?

                                                                                (and isn't half the country driving on expired NCTs if that is the case? )
                                                                                Ask them for a cancellation spot at the test centre you want. Got mine within a month. There is a link on the site
                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by dobby View Post

                                                                                  Yeah, mine is due end of July and cant get anywhere nearby sooner than end of November. So I emailed them and I'm on a priority list apparently and will be contacted in 2 weeks. I tried the trick of waiting until midnight when the system resets but had no joy doing it that way. This was the standard reply I got after filing out the form on the website

                                                                                  You are currently on a priority list and should receive details of an appointment within the next two weeks.

                                                                                  For more information on the new changes to the test and how your vehicle may be affected, please log onto www.ncts.ie or www.rsa.ie.

                                                                                  We look forward to serving you and wish you every success with your NCT.

                                                                                  Yours sincerely,
                                                                                  I'm curious as to why people are going the extra mile to try to get a test when clearly the system is currently failing? Surely the risks of having a problem because of lack of a current NCT are almost zero? Isn't it like it An post TV licence system being down and people gaming the system to get one, rather than laughing at the absurdity and good luck of it?

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                    Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

                                                                                    I'm curious as to why people are going the extra mile to try to get a test when clearly the system is currently failing? Surely the risks of having a problem because of lack of a current NCT are almost zero? Isn't it like it An post TV licence system being down and people gaming the system to get one, rather than laughing at the absurdity and good luck of it?
                                                                                    Piece of mind
                                                                                    could be written up by the Guards if stopped
                                                                                    Insurance issues?

                                                                                    would be three reasons why. Not sure if the last one is a thing.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                      Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

                                                                                      I'm curious as to why people are going the extra mile to try to get a test when clearly the system is currently failing? Surely the risks of having a problem because of lack of a current NCT are almost zero? Isn't it like it An post TV licence system being down and people gaming the system to get one, rather than laughing at the absurdity and good luck of it?
                                                                                      I take good care of my car and fix any issues as they arise along with doing my own maintenance. The NCT is literally a box ticking exercise for me in case I meet a cunt of a Gard who decides to give me a ticket even though it's a system failure as you say.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                        So after paying 138 for tickets to Alanis Morissette and Beth Orton next week . The missus gets offered a free VIP package , meal etc. Isnt it Ironic (hmm or is it?)

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                          Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                          So after paying 138 for tickets to Alanis Morissette and Beth Orton next week . The missus gets offered a free VIP package , meal etc. Isnt it Ironic (hmm or is it?)
                                                                                          Paid 138 to fill the car this morning funny enough - must be a sign

                                                                                          *sticks a always tricast of 1,3,8 on the first at Royal Ascot

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                            Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

                                                                                            Paid 138 to fill the car this morning funny enough - must be a sign

                                                                                            *sticks a always tricast of 1,3,8 on the first at Royal Ascot
                                                                                            Dont do it. Was 148 not 138 .

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                              Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                              So after paying 138 for tickets to Alanis Morissette and Beth Orton next week . The missus gets offered a free VIP package , meal etc. Isnt it Ironic (hmm or is it?)
                                                                                              Heading up Saturday to see kevin Hart, we are staying out near Drumcondra, Iona Drive, are taxis really as bad as twitter are saying on a Saturday night ?

                                                                                              Google tells me i need to get the 13 or the 40 bus towards the luas, is this correct ? Getting the 24hour transport pass.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                Originally posted by oleras View Post

                                                                                                Heading up Saturday to see kevin Hart, we are staying out near Drumcondra, Iona Drive, are taxis really as bad as twitter are saying on a Saturday night ?

                                                                                                Google tells me i need to get the 13 or the 40 bus towards the luas, is this correct ? Getting the 24hour transport pass.
                                                                                                Why not get the dart and walk up from Tara street . Its not as far as you think plus Fresh air> stuffy luas . If too lazy any city bound bus then the luas. Id say get a cab early in the evening and hang out in beautiful Dublin

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                  Originally posted by oleras View Post

                                                                                                  Heading up Saturday to see kevin Hart, we are staying out near Drumcondra, Iona Drive, are taxis really as bad as twitter are saying on a Saturday night ?

                                                                                                  Google tells me i need to get the 13 or the 40 bus towards the luas, is this correct ? Getting the 24hour transport pass.
                                                                                                  I don't think you need bother with the 24 hour transport pass.
                                                                                                  Bus fares (and bus/Luas combined if within 90 minutes) are capped at €2 on Leap Card, whilst the 24 hour ticket is €8 so it doesn't seem value.

                                                                                                  Getting from Iona Drive to the Point.....
                                                                                                  Basically any bus on Drumcondra Road will head towards 'town', then Luas. If you are planning on getting the Luas straightaway then the whole trip is €2, although you may be planning pints in town first.
                                                                                                  Getting home, you can chance your arm with a taxi, but the easiest option might be Luas to Abbey St, then the 41 bus from Talbot St which is now 24 hours and will leave you at Drumcondra Train Station (or the next stop might be even better) which is just about 300 metres walk from Iona Drive. Again would just be €2 for the combined trip.
                                                                                                  Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 15-06-22, 09:36. Reason: Note. €2 fare is Leap Card only

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

                                                                                                    I don't think you need bother with the 24 hour transport pass.
                                                                                                    Bus fares (and bus/Luas combined if within 90 minutes) are capped at €2 on Leap Card, whilst the 24 hour ticket is €8 so it doesn't seem value.

                                                                                                    Getting from Iona Drive to the Point.....
                                                                                                    Basically any bus on Drumcondra Road will head towards 'town', then Luas. If you are planning on getting the Luas straightaway then the whole trip is €2, although you may be planning pints in town first.
                                                                                                    Getting home, you can chance your arm with a taxi, but the easiest option might be Luas to Abbey St, then the 41 bus from Talbot St which is now 24 hours and will leave you at Drumcondra Train Station (or the next stop might be even better) which is just about 300 metres walk from Iona Drive. Again would just be €2 for the combined trip.
                                                                                                    Ha I wasn't aware that there were any 24 hour buses. I do remember being confused by the late no 15s that passed me as I walked most of the way home recently. Got as far as Rathgar before I had a taxi stop.
                                                                                                    “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                      Parking out in the park and ride @ Chivers so got the day pass for that, also, dont have a leap card.

                                                                                                      Dont know Dublin too well, but will probably walk it in Saturday afternoon if its nice and stop off in a few places along the way.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                        Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

                                                                                                        Ha I wasn't aware that there were any 24 hour buses. I do remember being confused by the late no 15s that passed me as I walked most of the way home recently. Got as far as Rathgar before I had a taxi stop.
                                                                                                        Yes, there's three 24 hour Dublin Bus routes and hopefully more on the way. 15 as you spotted, 41 to the airport and 39A to Blanch area. Better frequency than the Nitelinks and also just have the normal daytime price. I think the 46A is the next one planned.
                                                                                                        /buswanker

                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                          Is I played the 17 year old boy wonder in scratch matchplay yesterday. He's off +2 and is on the Irish u18 team. Eventually got beaten on 17 after leading until the 11th so gave him a good run. Was even par until 11 and then hooked one into trees on left on 12. He birdied 12, 14 and 17 to shoot 2 under on his round.

                                                                                                          ​​​​​​He is ridiculously long off the tee. He has been doing a lot of gym work the past 2 years and now has same average swing speed as Mcilroy but his short game maybe needs some work. Didn't chip it close enough when he did miss a green. Really nice chap with a good head on his shoulders. Hoping to go to Arizona state after leaving cert next year

                                                                                                          ​​​​​​
                                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

                                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                                            Left town at 12 before pubs closed night of CL Final thinking i was smart to hop on 15. 3 went by full as i walked and same as Collie was in Rathgar before i got a taxi.

                                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                                              About time Michael D. put the boot in.
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                                                Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                Is I played the 17 year old boy wonder in scratch matchplay yesterday. He's off +2 and is on the Irish u18 team. Eventually got beaten on 17 after leading until the 11th so gave him a good run. Was even par until 11 and then hooked one into trees on left on 12. He birdied 12, 14 and 17 to shoot 2 under on his round.

                                                                                                                ​​​​​​He is ridiculously long off the tee. He has been doing a lot of gym work the past 2 years and now has same average swing speed as Mcilroy but his short game maybe needs some work. Didn't chip it close enough when he did miss a green. Really nice chap with a good head on his shoulders. Hoping to go to Arizona state after leaving cert next year

                                                                                                                ​​​​​​
                                                                                                                Good stuff and could be a nice memory to say you took a future pro golfer to 17 in matchplay .

                                                                                                                On the other hand, I bombed out of my first-round matchplay on the 13th last night. Played like it was my first round of golf ever, absolute disaster. Same guy that beat me last year and I saved my two worst rounds for both occasions.

                                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                  About time Michael D. put the boot in.
                                                                                                                  He has nothing to lose or worry about politically at this stage in his career. Great that he chooses to say something but unfortunately he can only talk rather than act.

                                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                    Left town at 12 before pubs closed night of CL Final thinking i was smart to hop on 15. 3 went by full as i walked and same as Collie was in Rathgar before i got a taxi.
                                                                                                                    Back to the early 90s of a poxy taxi service. I remember post Leeson Street being totally exhausted after a marathon session that ended in Legs (or somewher like that) , no Taxis, I determinedly decided to outwait all the out stretched hands similar to the wise guys who sit until all the plebs have boarded the 10 euro flight o Manchester. and sat down by the canal , this sit down turned into a lie down and woke up the following Sat at midday with joggers , walkers etc, I’d no idea where the fk I was. I must have looked like a well dressed hobo. (no drugs) Felt like shiiite. Saturday Morning Come down. (there’s something bout a Saturdaaay). Taxis were impossible back then. I thought those days were gone with deregulation and every man jack had a side job driving drunks home. We back there so? Funny I look back nostalgically at those drunken taxi quests and drunken conquests. When it truth they were pretty messy really. Youth eh.

                                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                                      Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                      Is I played the 17 year old boy wonder in scratch matchplay yesterday. He's off +2 and is on the Irish u18 team. Eventually got beaten on 17 after leading until the 11th so gave him a good run. Was even par until 11 and then hooked one into trees on left on 12. He birdied 12, 14 and 17 to shoot 2 under on his round.

                                                                                                                      ​​​​​​He is ridiculously long off the tee. He has been doing a lot of gym work the past 2 years and now has same average swing speed as Mcilroy but his short game maybe needs some work. Didn't chip it close enough when he did miss a green. Really nice chap with a good head on his shoulders. Hoping to go to Arizona state after leaving cert next year

                                                                                                                      ​​​​​​
                                                                                                                      Keep improving youself . Seems you made progress fast unless im confusing you. Who knows what ya can do.

                                                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        About time Michael D. put the boot in.
                                                                                                                        It's a form of masturbation.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

                                                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                                                          Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Left town at 12 before pubs closed night of CL Final thinking i was smart to hop on 15. 3 went by full as i walked and same as Collie was in Rathgar before i got a taxi.
                                                                                                                          I dont mind having to walk back Saturday night, just wondering would it be safe ?
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

                                                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                                                          Working...
                                                                                                                          X