This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

meh. The only reason they could ban oil, and not gas, is because oil is a fully fluid international market. Oil not bought by one country just goes to another country. There's still the Saudi-Russia oil pact, that largely is pivotal in world oil supply. Proving once again, time and again, that the Saudi's are a bunch of pricks, and the oddest pick for 'friends of the west'.
    Gas seems a harder nut to crack but even that is down by over 25% since the war started.

The yanks need to send us over lorryloads of that sweet, sweet fracked gas and we can tell the RuSSians to go fuck off back to the 16th century. And if we could hyper-accelerate renewables that would be nice too.

I know someone who works for the Energy Commissioner, pretty high up. Suffice to say he's now well in tune with private sector working hours.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Rescued this cat that was straying in Ashbourne. Is microchipped but it's not registered. :-/ Checked with all the Ashbourne vets and they didn't chip her, so she must have travelled. She's an absolute sweetheart so someone is definitely missing her.
      279682879_10166129742515401_4066907859119951608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=666b5a&_nc_ohc=JYA1Ny_OiQEAX8dbOEW&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.xx&oh=00_AT-rqO1Bw6O0LP81sSBS8dcC23Qg8QPmil54TIykBlW7gQ&oe=627730EF.jpg
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Gas seems a harder nut to crack but even that is down by over 25% since the war started.

The yanks need to send us over lorryloads of that sweet, sweet fracked gas and we can tell the RuSSians to go fuck off back to the 16th century. And if we could hyper-accelerate renewables that would be nice too.

I know someone who works for the Energy Commissioner, pretty high up. Suffice to say he's now well in tune with private sector working hours.
        I was under the impression that US fracked gas was much worse for the environment than Russian gas, but then went looking it up, and apparently its much of a muchness, despite the shipping environmental costs. Russian gas is, in principle, more environmentally efficient, but there are so many leaks in Russia, that US fracked gas might even slightly edge it.

There's an international market for all this stuff though. It's not staying in the ground.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Out of curiosity haw many Starpoo's have you reserved in advance?
          Just the next one, not that I need to reserve them in fairness when I hold god powers here. May never be needed though.

Comment

I was under the impression that US fracked gas was much worse for the environment than Russian gas, but then went looking it up, and apparently its much of a muchness, despite the shipping environmental costs. Russian gas is, in principle, more environmentally efficient, but there are so many leaks in Russia, that US fracked gas might even slightly edge it.

There's an international market for all this stuff though. It's not staying in the ground.

Let's not target those poor shipping folks. They are just honest, hard working people trying their best to keep Michelin star food on the table and fine wine in the cellar.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Let's not target those poor shipping folks. They are just honest, hard working people trying their best to keep Michelin star food on the table and fine wine in the cellar.
              Do you know anything about LNG shipping? This is mostly gobbledygook to me but it seems pretty clear that building the capacity to both ship and then store LNG is no small thing and is why Russian gas can't just be turned off with the ease of oil.

Comment

Do you know anything about LNG shipping? This is mostly gobbledygook to me but it seems pretty clear that building the capacity to both ship and then store LNG is no small thing and is why Russian gas can't just be turned off with the ease of oil.

It wouldn't be my area of expertise but I keep a bit of an eye on it along with bulk tankers and the like. The Reuters article is correct, it's not just a matter of shipping more. The USA needs to build new liquefaction facilities and Europe will need regasification facilities

Below are two relatively recent articles I've read on it

U.S. LNG cargoes were already flooding toward Europe months before the new deal. Real progress seems years away.

Comment

Zoltan the credit Suisse analyst has lots of good memos on this topic recently. It's also why Russia can't start sending the gas to china, there are a limited number of vessels able to carry gas.

Comment

Remind me someone why this lad isn't currently POTUS ?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Because he got his ass kicked in the primaries.

And, let's face it, America isn't ready for a gay President.

Comment

Reluctantly spending the day writing a job application. Jaysus, it must be 8,000 words of writing required. Presumably on the grounds, that if you are not wordy you are not worthy.

Comment

Because he got his ass kicked in the primaries.

And, let's face it, America isn't ready for a gay President.
                          Butt ...

Comment

Because the vast majority of Americans don't agree with that?
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Reluctantly spending the day writing a job application. Jaysus, it must be 8,000 words of writing required. Presumably on the grounds, that if you are not wordy you are not worthy.
                              I spent about half an hour convincing a software engineer to write what ended up being 4 bullet points on his current job to “update” his cv.

It’s for a job that he really wants, Will allow him to work fully remote and pays about a third more than he is currently on.

Comment

I hope HJ treats himself to an extra special wank today, what with the Feds destroying hearts and dreams by raising interest rates by a whopping half a percent.

Comment

I hope HJ treats himself to an extra special wank today, what with the Feds destroying hearts and dreams by raising interest rates by a whopping half a percent.
                                  savers will be happy

Comment

And markets are up.

Comment

Not everyone wants to live in Turkey! 75bps would have been big, 50 was priced in.

Comment

Anyone got a link for the City game ?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Thx

Virgin Media's online player should have it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            And markets are up.
                                            it was a real story day....... showing the fragility

markets opened up - hey this is all priced in - we all know is 50 basis points
                                            markets drift down - inflation is rampant - the fed need to be agressive what if it's 75 basis points?
                                            markets down 2.2% - jesus the fed could be killing us who knows
                                            fed raise 50 basis points
                                            markets down a little and up a little - the interest rate hikes are bad for equities
                                            markets develop a pair of balls - fuck it we knew that I am buying this is as bad as it gets - look at the value - powell says not actively looking at 75 basis points but has a couple more 50 left to go
                                            markets rip, closing up 3.3% on the nasdaq - is that all the fed has - phew

today I learned that 50+50+50 is a lot less than 75+75
                                            Last edited by paul8200; 04-05-22, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Thx
                                              Livescore app lets you stream it for free and cast it to your tv also. They have all of the CL games.

Comment

Champions League knockouts delivering as per usual. What a game

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                  Champions League knockouts delivering as per usual. What a game
                                                  Verging on the supernatural there.

Would imagine all Lollerpool fans are shouting on Real here?

Comment

The amount of trophies the absolutely spoiled Pep would have if he wasn't an over thinker.

Comment

Would have liked to have seen the price of a RM win at the 89 min mark.

Comment

That ref was an absolute disgrace.

Gotta Ancelotti

Comment

Damn couldnt get any links to work. Missed some game i see . PEP must be SICK.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                            That ref was an absolute disgrace.

Gotta Ancelotti
                                                            Thought the ref was good tbh. Let loads go for both sides without losing control of the game.

See the talking heads going on about Madrid time wasting in extra time, just like city were in normal time and at 1-0 up. Guess it's only cheating when the "foreign" teams do it.

Comment

Verging on the supernatural there.

Would imagine all Lollerpool fans are shouting on Real here?
                                                              Nah, no chance. City are perennial bottlers in the CL at this stage. I'd have expected Liverpool to beat them in the final. Now its Madrid, anything could happen and the game could go either way.

Comment

Thought the ref was good tbh. Let loads go for both sides without losing control of the game.

See the talking heads going on about Madrid time wasting in extra time, just like city were in normal time and at 1-0 up. Guess it's only cheating when the "foreign" teams do it.
                                                                They are all foreigners at this stage .

Comment

Wait, wat?
                                                                  Watched the 2nd half until I switched off with 89 Mins on the clock and City seemingly home and hosed to concentrate on something I needed to work on. FFS!

Comment

He let Casemeiro go without a yellow twice in the first half when both challenges deserved one.

He blew the game up early.

He blew a few city tackles late in the game that were fine and by his earlier standards tame.

Laporte slapped Modric and he booked Modric along with Laporte.

He was fairly shite but better for the spectator.

Comment

Wait, wat?
                                                                      Watched the 2nd half until I switched off with 89 Mins on the clock and City seemingly home and hosed to concentrate on something I needed to work on. FFS!

Classic.

Comment

He let Casemeiro go without a yellow twice in the first half when both challenges deserved one.

He blew the game up early.

He blew a few city tackles late in the game that were fine and by his earlier standards tame.

Laporte slapped Modric and he booked Modric along with Laporte.

He was fairly shite but better for the spectator.
                                                                        Yeah the Casemiro ones, to let both go was bad tbf. Think he blew up 7 seconds early? Non issue imo. Laporte and Modric, 2 of em at it. Standard cop out of 2 yellows and crack on.

Still think he was fine over all tbh.

Comment

Yeah the Casemiro ones, to let both go was bad tbf. Think he blew up 7 seconds early? Non issue imo. Laporte and Modric, 2 of em at it. Standard cop out of 2 yellows and crack on.

Still think he was fine over all tbh.
                                                                          I thought there was plenty of time with the ball heading back to the keeper to launch it. The rule is added time is the absolute minimum.

Most importantly though, lol City.

​

Comment

The amount of trophies the absolutely spoiled Pep would have if he wasn't an over thinker.
                                                                            I'm with you on last year's final against Chelsea with Gundogan as the holding midfielder, and on the 352 in the semis against Lyon the year before. But what do you think he overthought this time? Unless we go back to spending the money on an unnecessary Grealish instead of Kane and having to have Jesus as the striker.

Comment

I thought lanzarote was bad.my mother loves it obv thought I was doing a great thing booking Tenerife so she could have somewhere different.

Omfg it's a fucking dive

How the fuck am I gonna do two weeks here

Me and Mia wernt for a few drinks and I was like jaysus Mia when you go off on n hols with friends go somewhere classy ffs not like these spots.she goes em nanny doesn't like it here either, she's afraid to tell you though.

Fucking brits everywhere.loud obnoxious cnts
                                                                              Bars are shit holes.

I'm on a fb Tenerife group and at least 3 people in two days have been robbed on veronicas strip which thankfully only for that group I won't be venturing in to.
                                                                              I actually feel a little nervous here especially with Mia with me

Only good thing here is our apartment

Nowhere compares to fuerteventura tbh.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I'm with you on last year's final against Chelsea with Gundogan as the holding midfielder, and on the 352 in the semis against Lyon the year before. But what do you think he overthought this time? Unless we go back to spending the money on an unnecessary Grealish instead of Kane and having to have Jesus as the striker.
                                                                                Well just tonight he managed to get De Bruyne, Mahrez and Jesus off the pitch when an equaliser changes everything. That's absolutely crazy. Those 3 create and score their goals recently. Madrid yet again absolutely nailed their hail Marys but still, you never take De Bruyne off in a CL semi. If he thinks the game needs Gundogan then you take off Rodri. When they need a goal he takes off... Rodri.

He started an unfit Walker at right back against Vincious and sticks a quality RB in at LB in Cancelo with Zinchenko sitting on the bench.

He obv saw the first leg, he saw the PSG games, he saw the Chelsea games. He left it that his plan B if needed was Grealish and Sterling. Look how pathetic that city side was looking for a goal in extra time. It was embarrassing. Foden the only one with a bit of urgency and positivity.

Pep has lost 6 semi finals and has always had great squads. He should of sent his side out to do what they do, left DeBruyne on the pitch and had options from his bench. He shouldn't be allowed near the tactics board til the day before a game.

​​​​​

Comment

Sounds like SatNav may try to reverse the trend and escape from the EU to Africa on a small boat.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Because the vast majority of Americans don't agree with that?
                                                                                    That's not quite right though is it?
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                      Would have liked to have seen the price of a RM win at the 89 min mark.
                                                                                      City for 4/6 to win the CL and RM was 85/1
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Still quite fascinated by the economic conditions at the moment. I wonder, with the triple-whammy of covid standstill, national debt, and now the inflation issue, if the West might see living standards fall over the decade. Maybe that's too extreme to think it might have another seven year effect, but we could see a combined 10% drop in net pay over this year and next, and its hard to see where the profits for companies, outside of a few sectors, will appear from in the following few years in order to recover, given that more and more economic power will be shifting south over that time period.

Comment

Well just tonight he managed to get De Bruyne, Mahrez and Jesus off the pitch when an equaliser changes everything. That's absolutely crazy. Those 3 create and score their goals recently. Madrid yet again absolutely nailed their hail Marys but still, you never take De Bruyne off in a CL semi. If he thinks the game needs Gundogan then you take off Rodri. When they need a goal he takes off... Rodri.

He started an unfit Walker at right back against Vincious and sticks a quality RB in at LB in Cancelo with Zinchenko sitting on the bench.

He obv saw the first leg, he saw the PSG games, he saw the Chelsea games. He left it that his plan B if needed was Grealish and Sterling. Look how pathetic that city side was looking for a goal in extra time. It was embarrassing. Foden the only one with a bit of urgency and positivity.

Pep has lost 6 semi finals and has always had great squads. He should of sent his side out to do what they do, left DeBruyne on the pitch and had options from his bench. He shouldn't be allowed near the tactics board til the day before a game.

​​​​​
                                                                                          When you think of the amount of criticism Solskjaer got for his tactics in finals, its amazing how little focus there is on Pep so far. He’s been an utter failure in Europe with City, though I think the there is some element of luck/variance to it too.

Comment

Still quite fascinated by the economic conditions at the moment. I wonder, with the triple-whammy of covid standstill, national debt, and now the inflation issue, if the West might see living standards fall over the decade. Maybe that's too extreme to think it might have another seven year effect, but we could see a combined 10% drop in net pay over this year and next, and its hard to see where the profits for companies, outside of a few sectors, will appear from in the following few years in order to recover, given that more and more economic power will be shifting south over that time period.
                                                                                            'South'? You mean sub-Saharan Africa and South America?

Or are you geographically challenged....and mean 'East'.

Enjoying the new DoomHitch though I can't help but think your recent acquisition of a mortgage may be colouring your views.

Comment

Well, with the exception of Iceland, Greenland, and Santaclausland, everything is south from here.

Comment

You two really should just get a room and get it over with.

Comment

Time for a league of Fuckedness?

Comment

'South'? You mean sub-Saharan Africa and South America?

Or are you geographically challenged....and mean 'East'.

Enjoying the new DoomHitch though I can't help but think your recent acquisition of a mortgage may be colouring your views.
                                                                                                    I'll never forget Hitches end of history post a few years ago, it was clearly sunny in France and he declared how wonderful the world was and how the west had basically solved every problem present and future.

Comment

Comment

I think the Irish numbers would look similar^^.

Governments need to mirror the good behaviour of their citizens and get their shit in order.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          I thought lanzarote was bad.my mother loves it obv thought I was doing a great thing booking Tenerife so she could have somewhere different.

Omfg it's a fucking dive

How the fuck am I gonna do two weeks here

Me and Mia wernt for a few drinks and I was like jaysus Mia when you go off on n hols with friends go somewhere classy ffs not like these spots.she goes em nanny doesn't like it here either, she's afraid to tell you though.

Fucking brits everywhere.loud obnoxious cnts
                                                                                                          Bars are shit holes.

I'm on a fb Tenerife group and at least 3 people in two days have been robbed on veronicas strip which thankfully only for that group I won't be venturing in to.
                                                                                                          I actually feel a little nervous here especially with Mia with me

Only good thing here is our apartment

Nowhere compares to fuerteventura tbh.
                                                                                                          Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen/Old Town is lovely.
                                                                                                          Relaxed vibe for the most part but you can find mentalness if you want it

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

When you think of the amount of criticism Solskjaer got for his tactics in finals, its amazing how little focus there is on Pep so far. He’s been an utter failure in Europe with City, though I think the there is some element of luck/variance to it too.
                                                                                                            Bullshit. They got to the final last year for the first time. That is not "utter failure" as you make it out to be.

Champion league is toughest competition to win, getting to semi-finals or final in consecutive years is amazing, even more so when you consider they don't have a proper striker.

They were up against a team that has one of the best strikers in Europe and a team that this year are having some major comebacks wins, which is freaky

Gotta laugh at those calling them bottlers.

If Liverpool lose to them in the final, would you call Liverpool a bottler or failure? No you wouldn't...
                                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Bullshit. They got to the final last year for the first time. That is not "utter failure" as you make it out to be.

Champion league is toughest competition to win, getting to semi-finals or final in consecutive years is amazing, even more so when you consider they don't have a proper striker.

They were up against a team that has one of the best strikers in Europe and a team that this year are having some major comebacks wins, which is freaky

If Liverpool lose to them in the final, would you call Liverpool a bottler or failure? No you wouldn't...
                                                                                                              The league is the toughest competition to win and its not even close tbf.

Its funny how Peps a tactical genius when they smash teams with no striker then its the excuse when things don't work out. He's spent over half a billion now they'll go buy Haaland and yet again Pep will have zillions thrown at him.

He inherited Messi, Xavi and Iniesta in a top class squad. Blessed. After a ridiculous few years he agreed to leave cause tactically he was lost.

Walked into a Bayern side that had just won the CL and had a clean sweep nationally. He's remembered for winning 3 leagues in 3 years and messing up tactically in the Champions League.

Heads to money bags City, his net spend will be over 600M after this coming summer and maybe now he'll finally have enough superstars that his over thinking won't fuck up another European run.

He's a very good manager, just messes up at crucial points far too much.

Madrid lost to Sheriff. PSG and Chelsea fucked up big time against them. City should of beaten them soundly.

Liverpool will spank them, a nice handy 3-1 kinda game.

Comment

Whatever about Pep. I thought Fergie was a failure in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

City had a two-goal advantage heading into the 90th minute, only to collapse in a devastating fashion that has become all too familiar for the Spanish coach

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    Strange things afoot here.
                                                                                                                    Was meant to be out of here in June, email friday asking me to stay until July (not really asking as my redundo + bonuses are tied to staying)
                                                                                                                    Fielding multiple calls from concerned citizens who hold power (or did until recently) about my interest in new endevors.
                                                                                                                    Should be a fun few days.
                                                                                                                    1st offer in....

Comment

The league is the toughest competition to win and its not even close tbf.
                                                                                                                      Eh?

I don't see how one can see that to be the case.

Teams generally win more league titles over a period than Champions League titles. While (and it's becoming more prevalent) top teams don't qualify for every edition of the latter, they qualify for the vast majority.

City - 5 leagues in the last 10 years or so - 0 Champions leagues.
                                                                                                                      Chelsea - 5 leagues in the last 10 years or so - 2 Champions leagues.
                                                                                                                      Man Utd - 13 leagues in the last 30 years or so - 2 Champions leagues
                                                                                                                      Barcelona - 10 leagues in the last 15 years or so - 4 Champions leagues

I could go on. There are very few caveats to that i'd say.

Comment

Comment

Turning into a bit of a saga with the wife's brother. The father-in-law is now bringing him to Armenia on Saturday. While he holds out awaiting a degree offer in Dublin. Going to Yerevan, which looks fairly fucking fantastic, based on a quick google.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X