X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

How? Genuine question btw.

would have thought stabilising fuel and energy costs in an exceptional time to protect the population and economy form a serious shock is what govt should do.

deciding who gets a fuel allowance, subsidy, pay rise etc etc is not only inefficient but also just rewards the best unions/lobby groups.
    There is no protecting us from what’s on the way
    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Scheffler is a joy to watch. Such fucking clutch.

That 2nd on 15 was outrageous. Some balls, some confidence.

Dude is as cool as it gets.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Raoul was saying that after the bank crises. End game etc.

Yiz are too dramatic. Musical chairs will continue . Meanwhile we drive our 4 wheelers and moan about airport queses.

Comment

Away to bed . Cant face the presentation wankfest

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Raoul was saying that after the bank crises. End game etc.

Yiz are too dramatic. Musical chairs will continue . Meanwhile we drive our 4 wheelers and moan about airport queses.
            Hope the 4 wheeler isn’t diesel

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Not if we spend it before the public sector pay negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                Hes a robot
                Maybe not...lol
                This too shall pass.

Comment

You can't tell me the Butlers Cabin isn't a cringefest.

Comment

Maybe if it was past champions presenting or a setup similar to Sky's on course studio it would be less shit

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I've been working my finely-honed Majors betting system for a few years now: always back an American with a stupid name.

I've given Xander Schauffle a couple of goes but the algorithim has been reprogrammed and has come up with the most likely winners as being:
                      1. Corey Connors
                      2. Talor Gooch
                      Thank me on Sunday.
                      Connors came good at the end with two birdies in the last two for the each way part of 50\1.

Although clearly a glitch in the software as I realised on the Saturday that he is actually Canadian.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

How? Genuine question btw.

would have thought stabilising fuel and energy costs in an exceptional time to protect the population and economy form a serious shock is what govt should do.

deciding who gets a fuel allowance, subsidy, pay rise etc etc is not only inefficient but also just rewards the best unions/lobby groups.
                        For the same reasons that price controls never work. Oil is expensive now, there's no shortcut around that. If you fix the price of oil then people who are not using oil end up subsidising those who are, which increases demand and reduces supply. (If oil is kept lower than the true cost then people will use more, and reduces incentive to those providing it, thereby reducing supply). So it ultimately has the opposite effect than we want.

The fuel allowance is equally as stupid but at least is quite small so won't make any difference.

There's a huge pressure on governments to do "something" so I somewhat sympathise with politicians so hopefully they choose the least bad option.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

For the same reasons that price controls never work. Oil is expensive now, there's no shortcut around that. If you fix the price of oil then people who are not using oil end up subsidising those who are, which increases demand and reduces supply. (If oil is kept lower than the true cost then people will use more, and reduces incentive to those providing it, thereby reducing supply). So it ultimately has the opposite effect than we want.

The fuel allowance is equally as stupid but at least is quite small so won't make any difference.

There's a huge pressure on governments to do "something" so I somewhat sympathise with politicians so hopefully they choose the least bad option.
                          You could also make the argument that subsidising a fossil fuel (especially when we saw last week's climate report) would be just about the stupidest thing possible.

If anything, high fuel prices might help curb some of the crazy unsustainable behaviours we see on a daily basis in this country and force people into more sustainable practices. Any e-car driver who ended up paying for fossil fuels subsidies through their taxes would be completely entitled to feel ridden rock solid.

Comment

IPB Masters Sweep 2022 - Final Round Update

Provisional Result: Winner Solksjaer!. Runner Up: Oleras. Well done gents.

Enjoyable Masters. Scottie was brilliant.

Great showing from the Irish lads. One of them could surely win it one day.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Just about the only thing the gov could do is buy direct from Russia

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Yera its given me something to talk about. Slowly learning about golf and let's me join in the conversation lol
                                There's news services that give you a quick update on business/markets/politics.

is there something like that for sport? Other than the bbv . So anyone can go in on a Monday and say "how bout them dolphins". Or "jaysus Rory".

Comment

Any recommendations for fancier Easter eggs?

@ Solskjaer do you remember the MS egg story?

Comment

You could also make the argument that subsidising a fossil fuel (especially when we saw last week's climate report) would be just about the stupidest thing possible.

If anything, high fuel prices might help curb some of the crazy unsustainable behaviours we see on a daily basis in this country and force people into more sustainable practices. Any e-car driver who ended up paying for fossil fuels subsidies through their taxes would be completely entitled to feel ridden rock solid.
                                    between a niggling guilt on this and mental pictures from the airport, I'm fighting against a family break abroad next week. FIL going into care tomorrow and decided we need something to decompress.
                                    Anyone able to suggest a family friendly (basically a pool) spot for next week that won't burn my wallet to dust?

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

How are the transport protests going?
                                      I Hear the east link bridge is closed/blocked.
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Not a chocolate eater but you could try this guy

Discover a delectable range of Irish chocolates at our online shop. Indulge in the finest handcrafted delights, made with love in Ireland. Order now!

Reliably informed that it is good stuff although at these prices...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

between a niggling guilt on this and mental pictures from the airport, I'm fighting against a family break abroad next week. FIL going into care tomorrow and decided we need something to decompress.
                                          Anyone able to suggest a family friendly (basically a pool) spot for next week that won't burn my wallet to dust?
                                          You might get 7 nights in Benalmadena or somewhere similar but imagine you are talking €2.5k for flights and accomodation

Comment

I think it was Emmet who recommended them years ago but i usually order from hotel chocolat for my wife.

Comment

1988/89:? I cant remember the deets but its rining some bells need to have a think.

Asked a few oldies to recall.
                                              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 11-04-22, 10:36.

Comment

Get down to Tramore bai,
                                                You could bring the nipper to Splash world.
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

You might get 7 nights in Benalmadena or somewhere similar but imagine you are talking €2.5k for flights and accomodation
                                                  Thinking 4 nights in kerry
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Get down to Tramore bai,
                                                    You could bring the nipper to Splash world.
                                                    There are 16 hotels in the country that have a pool and (importantly) a kids club for the dates I want.
                                                    And one of them is trumps place

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

1988/89:? I cant remember the deets but its rining some bells need to have a think.

Asked a few oldies to recall.
                                                      SPOILER

I was doing a course a couple of years ago. Cardshark was actually on it too. Anyway, the class went for a few pints on the last night. I was talking to a fellow student, just for the sake of the story I'll call him Finian. He mentioned playing bridge, and I said "oh yeah Bill Gates and Warren Buffet play bridge", he said that's funny I used to work for MS. And then it hit me who he was.

He was a manager when my dad used to work there. And seemingly a tough guy to work for. Suppliers used to drop in gifts at Christmas and Easter. And Finian used to take them home to his kids. One year he had two fancy eggs to bring home to his twins. The next workday after Easter Finian came in fuming angry, On Easter, he handed out the two eggs, and one of the twins burst into tears when he unwrapped the Easter egg.

Somehow the chocolate egg had been replaced by a boiled egg from the work canteen. Poor Finan had to drive around on Easter Sunday to try and find a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Not a chocolate eater but you could try this guy

Discover a delectable range of Irish chocolates at our online shop. Indulge in the finest handcrafted delights, made with love in Ireland. Order now!

Reliably informed that it is good stuff although at these prices...
                                                        I can't imagine not being a chocolate eater. I'd love not to be in truth, but it is just so delicious and gets all the right/wrong brain cells firing.

Comment

SPOILER

I was doing a course a couple of years ago. Cardshark was actually on it too. Anyway, the class went for a few pints on the last night. I was talking to a fellow student, just for the sake of the story I'll call him Finian. He mentioned playing bridge, and I said "oh yeah Bill Gates and Warren Buffet play bridge", he said that's funny I used to work for MS. And then it hit me who he was.

He was a manager when my dad used to work there. And seemingly a tough guy to work for. Suppliers used to drop in gifts at Christmas and Easter. And Finian used to take them home to his kids. One year he had two fancy eggs to bring home to his twins. The next workday after Easter Finian came in fuming angry, On Easter, he handed out the two eggs, and one of the twins burst into tears when he unwrapped the Easter egg.

Somehow the chocolate egg had been replaced by a boiled egg from the work canteen. Poor Finan had to drive around on Easter Sunday to try and find a replacement
                                                          Ah yes i remember that . FINTAN DA BOLLOX. Gas .

Comment

Anyone else initially read that as the Multiple Sclerosis egg story?

Comment

Thinking 4 nights in kerry
                                                              probably cost the same

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

probably cost the same
                                                                more imo

Comment

I saw some €80 ones in Avoca last week. Laughed my bollix off tbh

Comment

Looking at the weather outside, you would be better off going nowhere.

Mrs D3 has booked herself and the 3 kids into a camper van from Tues-Fri and will be touring the West. Feels like I have dodged a fairly large bullet there.

Comment

Mrs D3 has booked herself and the 3 kids into a camper van from Tues-Fri and will be touring the West. Feels like I have dodged a fairly large bullet there.
                                                                      ah it's next week, sure it could be tropical by then

Comment

Narrowed it down with the boss

Gleneagles
                                                                        Clonakilty Park Hotel
                                                                        Westlodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
                                                                        Hotel Killarney
                                                                        Castlerosse Park Resort
                                                                        All under 700 bar Gleneagles which comes in @ 920.

This is much more wholesome than our chalk elbowed friend's conundrum I'm sure you'll agree

Comment

No bad weather only bad clothes . Take em up Diamond Hill

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I can't imagine not being a chocolate eater. I'd love not to be in truth, but it is just so delicious and gets all the right/wrong brain cells firing.
                                                                            I mean, I would eat it if it was the only thing there and I was starved, or I'd eat a square or two of a bar if someone offered to me but I find it a bit sickening if I eat much of it. Crisps on the other hand you could bury me in.

Comment

I watched the first episode of Wecrashed yesterday, it's very enjoyable. In related news - I just realised the central bank have moved out of their old building, to be replaced by WeWork!

Comment

Some clown (presumably Russian) who owns a motor repair shop down Strewel way (Clane) was driving around in a van festooned with pro-RuSSia symbols.

Safe to say that their online reviews are now somewhat underwhelming. Google SPB Motors.

FQA_dphX0AUeJFz.jpg

Comment

Narrowed it down with the boss

Gleneagles
                                                                                  Clonakilty Park Hotel
                                                                                  Westlodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
                                                                                  Hotel Killarney
                                                                                  Castlerosse Park Resort
                                                                                  All under 700 bar Gleneagles which comes in @ 920.

This is much more wholesome than our chalk elbowed friend's conundrum I'm sure you'll agree
                                                                                  Hotel Killarney is an absolute kip and the venue of choice for anything traveller related so luck of the draw whether you get the privilege of sharing their company during your stay or not. I'd avoid it at all costs tbh.

The Gleneagle has undergone huge renovations on the rooms over the course of the pandemic and is now a 4*, upgraded from a long standing 3*. That would explain the price difference. Tbf to them, their kids clubs and leisure centre is top class, our parents used to take us in there regularly as kids, and you're in an ideal location for a ramble around Muckross or torc Waterfall.

Castlerosse is a nice spot. Nice leisure centre but I dont know anything about their kids clubs or activities. The hotel leads to a lovely walk/green way that runs parallel to the main road but is fenced in and very safe that heads back into town and to the entrance of the park, there is a pretty decent sized playground just before the park entrance too to keep the small one entertained.
                                                                                  Last edited by dobby; 11-04-22, 15:21.

Comment

I mean, I would eat it if it was the only thing there and I was starved, or I'd eat a square or two of a bar if someone offered to me but I find it a bit sickening if I eat much of it. Crisps on the other hand you could bury me in.
                                                                                    Whats your favorite crisp.

Flavour + Brand.

I'd agree with you on the crisps vs chocolate thing, but also to add, i'm basically only eating crisps for the msg flavorings i'd say.
                                                                                    Somebody needs to invent a 0cal crisp.
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

And before ye all start,
                                                                                      Anyone that picks cheese and onion or any poverty crisps that are basically just maize dust and air, i've already judged you.
                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Whats your favorite crisp.

Flavour + Brand.

I'd agree with you on the crisps vs chocolate thing, but also to add, i'm basically only eating crisps for the msg flavorings i'd say.
                                                                                        Somebody needs to invent a 0cal crisp.
                                                                                        I have an unshakable conviction that any non cheese and onion crisp is a crisp wasted. I enjoy a range of brands, they all have their own good and bad points. Tayto Bistro maybe my current fav if pushed. Only exception I will make is turkey flavour keoghs around Christmas time. Am ok with thai sweet chilli occasionally but obviously I wouldn't be paying myself.

When you get into poor people corn snacks then I like bbq hula hoops and waffles. My fiancée regularly embarrasses me by buying thai/spicy rings in public. I would admit on the quiet that they're actually tasty but I'd hate to be seen with a packet of them.

Treble crunch 99 kcal bags are alright if you're looking for a low calorie option they're a bit like snax but you probably weigh 8 stone

Comment

And before ye all start,
                                                                                          Anyone that picks cheese and onion or any poverty crisps that are basically just maize dust and air, i've already judged you.
                                                                                          Whatever's wrong with you it's not a small thing

Comment

Some clown (presumably Russian) who owns a motor repair shop down Strewel way (Clane) was driving around in a van festooned with pro-RuSSia symbols.

Safe to say that their online reviews are now somewhat underwhelming. Google SPB Motors.

FQA_dphX0AUeJFz.jpg
                                                                                            When you consider the number of Russian vehicles that have broken down it’s not even what you want to associate your business with on the practical side before you get to the moral implications.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Hotel Killarney is an absolute kip and the venue of choice for anything traveller related so luck of the draw whether you get the privilege of sharing their company during your stay or not. I'd avoid it at all costs tbh.

The Gleneagle has undergone huge renovations on the rooms over the course of the pandemic and is now a 4*, upgraded from a long standing 3*. That would explain the price difference. Tbf to them, their kids clubs and leisure centre is top class, our parents used to take us in there regularly as kids, and you're in an ideal location for a ramble around Muckross or torc Waterfall.

Castlerosse is a nice spot. Nice leisure centre but I dont know anything about their kids clubs or activities. The hotel leads to a lovely walk/green way that runs parallel to the main road but is fenced in and very safe that heads back into town and to the entrance of the park, there is a pretty decent sized playground just before the park entrance too to keep the small one entertained.
                                                                                              Trigger pulled on Castle Ross.
                                                                                              I remembered, we were in Gleneagles before, I think during that mini break of a lockdown where you had to buy a dinner to have a pint.
                                                                                              Left a bad taste the way they gouged us and Hotel Killarney looks a bit sketchy alright
                                                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 11-04-22, 16:00.

Comment

Trigger pulled on Castle Ross.
                                                                                                I remembered, we were in Gleneagles before, I think during that mini break of a lockdown where you had to buy a dinner to have a pint.
                                                                                                Left a bad taste the way they gouged us and Hotel Killarney looks a bit sketchy alright
                                                                                                A fine choice. Enjoy. You're a short spin away from the golf club or the golden nugget bar and both do pretty decent bar food that wont break the bank. Also, drive up to the Aghadoe Heights hotel which is probably 5 or 6 mins away and walk over to the viewing point for a magnificent panorama of the lakes and mountains.

I remember you mentioning the Gleneagle before alright. Those rules were poxy but allowances should have been made for guests.

And yeah, hotel killarney is right across from the nacker estate in town and about 2mins from a big halting site so that's where they all congregate.

Comment

Whatever's wrong with you it's not a small thing
                                                                                                  The only thing worse than the flavour is the stink off someone eating them close to you.
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Waffles are defo up there.
                                                                                                    Smokey bacon tayto are underrated imo.

Not an expert, but Tayto are pretty stuck in their ways flavour wise?
                                                                                                    I seem to recall them having a Worcestershire sauce bag for a limited period.
                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

And before ye all start,
                                                                                                      Cheese & Onion hunky dories are the best thing to ADD to a sandwich.
                                                                                                      But for a crisp sandwich, tayto are still king

Comment

Love how we go down the Crisp debate every so often

My new fav food is simply a Cully and Sully Smoked haddock n Salmon Chowder. Gobble them up. Probably crap in them but delicious

Comment

It's probably easier to just list the bad crisps.

Kettle crisps are pretty rank i seem to remember. Just devoid of flavour.

Don't really get cheese flavoured ones like Quavers either.

Comment

Haha, this is great...

Comment

O Donnells Cheese and onion on two slices of white brennan's sliced pan coated in a generous spread of Kerry gold butter.

Cup of Lyons Gold Blend.

Surely the least nourishing calorie intake you can deliciously enjoy.

Comment

Anybody here attend this place or know anybody that did.

Looking for a bit of feedback

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Four books finally landed today. Hadn't realised that when you order multiples off Kennys they wait until they all arrive with them before shipping. Would be on the second one now had I ordered separate. No worries.

Starting with Khaled Hosseini A Thousand Splendid Sons, which Dom recommended.

Comment

Longshot but would anyone have a pair of Cory Wong tickets for Thursday?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                      Longshot but would anyone have a pair of Cory Wong tickets for Thursday?
                                                                                                                      That will be a great gig. Hope you get sorted.

Cheers for the Vulfpeck reminder, haven't listened to them in a good while.

Comment

These'll be no match for the mighty Tayto,
                                                                                                                        Leek 'n' Onion my arse
                                                                                                                        A Swedish Brewery has created ‘the world’s most expensive crisps’. The crisps are a smooth €51 euro for a box of 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

That will be a great gig. Hope you get sorted.

Cheers for the Vulfpeck reminder, haven't listened to them in a good while.
                                                                                                                          I have tickets thankfully. Searching for my mate and his missus. There's nothing available in the usual spots.

I saw one pair on toutless for Wednesday if you were interested in going. They're only €25 each.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X