Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPB Masters Sweep 2022 selections published.

Check entries HERE.

Good luck all. Enjoy the swinging.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

bro in a music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPVEdIN9hSI

Comment

Only 1 man can save Everton now .

The Count of Monty Bisto - Big Sam .

Comment

Becoming sadly more obvious that murder, rape and torture is absolutely part of the RuSSian army's operational toolkit. More liberated towns with exactly the same evidence of war crimes.

This is exactly the same as the SS perpetrated in these territories generations ago. Barbarity. It's probably becoming numbing to us but it's important to stay engaged with what's going on here and to stay outraged.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

It's 12 people in a room. It's difficult nowadays to get 10/12 people to agree on how to wipe their arse. I wouldn't think there was anything sinister afoot.
            Was Jury leader once. . So frustrating how stupid some people are. One fellow Jurer handed me a piece of paper in court. This line of questioning is going nowhere . Please object. WTF i mouthed. Then some 'citizen joe' refused to be budged as his beyond a reasonable doubt point wasnt disproven. The judge looked at me when i said we couldnt reach a verdict . At least the fucker didnt get off. Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Becoming sadly more obvious that murder, rape and torture is absolutely part of the RuSSian army's operational toolkit. More liberated towns with exactly the same evidence of war crimes.

This is exactly the same as the SS perpetrated in these territories generations ago. Barbarity. It's probably becoming numbing to us but it's important to stay engaged with what's going on here and to stay outraged.
              There is literally no way to prove facts any more . Its mind numbing the outs they use. Trumpites were masters of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Like how this place has a place to rent out at the bottom of the garden lol, nice place.

Whenever I see one of those I always think it would make a great Rigger flat
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  A 14 year old kid admits to carrying a knife planning to steal money from a woman to buy drugs, to stabbing a woman in the neck with the knife he brought with him. Agreed to plead guilty to manslaughter in an effort to dodge a murder charge.
                  A Dublin Jury then fails to reach a verdict on either charge of manslaughter or murder.
                  Until it's proven otherwise to me I am working on the assumption that our jury system is irredeemably broken by way of proximity of criminals to juries in our little country. No idea how to fix it but in this case the only question here is were the jury imbeciles or were they nobbled either by being threatened or bought?
                  I know someone on that jury. He's not stupid.

I think you are confusing what you think the law is, with what the law actually is.

This guy went out with the intention of robbing, rather than the intention of stabbing. He then ended up stabbing.

But there's a very clear legal distinction between the intention to stab, and stabbing someone while intending to do something else. Thats the jury difficulty point.

The jury have recognised this, and have decided that the prosecution tried too much to press the case that it was murder, when it was clearly some form of aggravated manslaughter.

And the prosecution clearly didn't spend enough time creating the base case of the actual crime.

Its not a fault of the jury, its a fault of the Irish criminal system that allows prosecutions to be undecided on the intended outcome and simultaneously prosecute for both murder and manslaughter. Its a horrible idea that gives the prosecution too much leeway.

Which they fucked up in this case.
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Out with a few people tonight in Rennes. Mainly Irish guys.

A lot of people are PhDs of a certain Trinner prof. Very polite, mainly Chinese, so extra polite.

But they got a 5am flight with the Trinner prof from Dublin. Said that he had suggested they have a few drinks before takeoff, and he had two full bottles of wine in the two hours they were waiting, then a full bottle on the flight, then two bottles on the train to Rennes. Then a half little bottle of whiskey when they were in a pub waiting to get into the hotel, then two bottles of wine over dinner. Then I met him and he had at least another two bottles worth of wine.

How the fuck do you handle that?

I was around in his house a few weeks ago and he was trying to open something for lunch and couldn't open it as his hand were shaking too much.

Thats kinda brutal intervention territory, surely? Like, being able to handle that amount (now he had to be carried home by his PhDs, but who hasn't done that among the professorial class), but clearly having side effects of that nature is surely not normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

A lot of people are PhDs of a certain Trinner prof. Very polite, mainly Chinese, so extra polite.

But they got a 5am flight with the Trinner prof from Dublin. Said that he had suggested they have a few drinks before takeoff, and he had two full bottles of wine in the two hours they were waiting, then a full bottle on the flight, then two bottles on the train to Rennes. Then a half little bottle of whiskey when they were in a pub waiting to get into the hotel, then two bottles of wine over dinner. Then I met him and he had at least another two bottles worth of wine.

I was around in his house a few weeks ago and he was trying to open something for lunch and couldn't open it as his hand were shaking too much.

Thats kinda brutal intervention territory, surely? Like, being able to handle that amount (now he had to be carried home by his PhDs, but who hasn't done that among the professorial class), but clearly having side effects of that nature is surely not normal?
                      obvious reverso

Comment

Someone like that lives longer being left at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Not the same since they put a budget on it imo
                          Every where?
                          Surely that’s contrary to the American constitutional right to gluttony.

Comment

I know someone on that jury. He's not stupid.

I think you are confusing what you think the law is, with what the law actually is.

This guy went out with the intention of robbing, rather than the intention of stabbing. He then ended up stabbing.

But there's a very clear legal distinction between the intention to stab, and stabbing someone while intending to do something else. Thats the jury difficulty point.

The jury have recognised this, and have decided that the prosecution tried too much to press the case that it was murder, when it was clearly some form of aggravated manslaughter.

And the prosecution clearly didn't spend enough time creating the base case of the actual crime.

Its not a fault of the jury, its a fault of the Irish criminal system that allows prosecutions to be undecided on the intended outcome and simultaneously prosecute for both murder and manslaughter. Its a horrible idea that gives the prosecution too much leeway.

Which they fucked up in this case.
                            This post makes no sense. If he killed a person. he committed manslaughter, Not being murder doesn’t mean he gets off. It means he’s convicted of manslaughter.
                            You’ve mentioned in the past that simultaneous murder/manslaughter charges are unfair and seem to mistakenly believe that it’s an Irish thing. It’s not. It’s a widespread concept in common law. Lesser included offense. It’s not up to the prosecution to decide ahead of trial. The trial is literally how they determine what happened.

I don’t know any details of the case. He sounds he’s guilty from the above. But SP said he was pleading guilty to manslaughter. Must be some circumstance and jury knew the was details.
                            Last edited by Mellor; 07-04-22, 08:00.

Comment

9x bottles of wine and a half litre of whiskey in a 24 hour period?

That can't be right Hitch.

Would the witnesses be talking about quarter bottles maybe?
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

There is literally no way to prove facts any more . Its mind numbing the outs they use. Trumpites were masters of it.

They didn't even bother to hide the evidence.

Comment

They didn't even bother to hide the evidence.
                                  My point is the Russians say its Staged . Aka Fake News .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

If 1/4 bottles...id call that a Tuesday...
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

This is a very well made doc series on Agri Contractors around the country, very interesting.

The slurry season has just begun with Alistair in Donegal while down in Meath the Farrelly Brothers are erecting a shed and Peadar in Galway is heading off to spread some lime.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

My point is the Russians say its Staged . Aka Fake News .
                                        So what? The entire world is aware that everything they say is a lie. They don't even try to hide that fact, it's purely for domestic consumption inside the dictatorship.

Comment

Looks like Western intelligence (ze Germans in this case) managed to intercept signals from some Russian units involved in committing war crimes. No surprise to learn that:
                                          1. this is part and parcel of Russian military strategy i.e. approved and condoned from the top and,
                                          2. the Russians are lying their Nazi asses off about it, as per usual
                                          That, say sources familiar with the audio, indicates that the murder of civilians has become a standard element of Russian military activity, potentially even part of a broader strategy. The intention is that of spreading fear among the civilian population and thus reducing the will to resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Every where?
                                            Surely that’s contrary to the American constitutional right to gluttony.
                                            It was America! Maybe certain states obv,
                                            basically some death row dick ordered heaps of expensive stuff and then didn't touch it.
                                            The waste of money then caused a massive outrage
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Fucked with a head cold, was half funking for Covid to hide away for the Masters and be out of isolation for IO weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Fucked with a head cold, was half funking for Covid to hide away for the Masters and be out of isolation for IO weekend
                                                That would be the dream. Not sure there's a better weekend of sport on the calendar. Work thing later i can't get out of and she's headed off on a Hens for the first time in forever in the morning so i'm stuck solo with the young ones until Sunday afternoon. I'm absolutely devastated.

Comment

Looks like Western intelligence (ze Germans in this case) managed to intercept signals from some Russian units involved in committing war crimes. No surprise to learn that:
                                                  1. this is part and parcel of Russian military strategy i.e. approved and condoned from the top and,
                                                  Seems counterproductive if that's their aim.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                    This is a very well made doc series on Agri Contractors around the country, very interesting.

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/categor...genre=Faisneis
                                                    Thought Clarkson's farm was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      Seems counterproductive if that's their aim.
                                                      You could speculate that atrocities were being used as an attempt to goad the Ukrainian military to weaken strategic defenses (e.g. around Kiev) in order to come to the aid of the civilians in Mariupol or wherever.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Don't need to be sequential just need to be able to generate a number.
                                                        Code:
                                                        [B]=RANDBETWEEN(1, 1000000)[/B]
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Whenever I see one of those I always think it would make a great Rigger flat
                                                          Cuddles on tap out the back for whenever you feel low.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Code:
                                                            [B]=RANDBETWEEN(1, 1000000)[/B]
                                                            Wouldn't you want to do
                                                            =UNIQUE(RANDBETWEEN(1, 10000000), 8)
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That PBP shower refusing to applaud are some bunch of embarrassing cunts.

Comment

I've been working my finely-honed Majors betting system for a few years now: always back an American with a stupid name.

I've given Xander Schauffle a couple of goes but the algorithim has been reprogrammed and has come up with the most likely winners as being:
                                                                1. Corey Connors
                                                                2. Talor Gooch
                                                                Thank me on Sunday.
                                                                Damn, I somehow missed the fact there is a yank called Greaser playing this yoke. What a name, destined for glory no doubt.

Comment

Don't forget Mick Wallace and Clare Daly who are an order of magnitude worse.

Comment

I think part of their evil "strategy" is to add to the ever growing exodus of refugees...obviously puts pressure on the receiving countries and in time the situation will become politicised here and elsewhere taking the focus off unity. Or at least that's part of the overall aim I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Wouldn't you want to do
                                                                      =UNIQUE(RANDBETWEEN(1, 10000000), 8)
                                                                      probably, tbh, I'd probably concat something beforehand too like DMP or whever the company is
                                                                      was just throwing up minimal viable solution

Comment

I see my old college in Rennes has moved more into the sustainability space by having a herd of goats wandering the lands to eat the grass and retire the lawnmowers.

Is that actually more sustainable though? What with methane etc.

Comment

I don't know. I must interrogate them more. I'm wondering now you say it if that's what they meant (as I mentioned they were Chinese), as that would move the dial back towards normality a fair bit.

Comment

One of the PhD students last night has built a trading empire in sneakers. He was wearing a pair of what he claimed were €3k sneakers. No reason to doubt him. But he was showing me his investment portfolio of sneakers. 100s of 1000s worth. One pair of sneakers worth €20k.

Comment

Don't forget Mick Wallace and Clare Daly who are an order of magnitude worse.
                                                                              Bear this kind of thing in mind at the next election, if they have the balls to stand

Comment

I don't know. I must interrogate them more. I'm wondering now you say it if that's what they meant (as I mentioned they were Chinese), as that would move the dial back towards normality a fair bit.
                                                                                I'd wager a substantial amount of money for it to be 1/4 bottles alright.

Comment

Meant to back Cameron Champ 1st round leader and forgot. Just putting down for the record.

Comment

Meant to back Cameron Champ 1st round leader and forgot. Just putting down for the record.
                                                                                    Still available at 50s. Probably higher on Exchange

Edit: 125s now even though he's -1. Must be in trouble on the 3rd maybe

Double Edit: Ignore, was looking at outright for the 125s
                                                                                    Last edited by Degag; 07-04-22, 16:42.

Comment

Don't worry you've saved a few bob.

Comment

Talor Gooch motoring along

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Still available at 50s. Probably higher on Exchange

Edit: 125s now even though he's -1. Must be in trouble on the 3rd maybe

Double Edit: Ignore, was looking at outright for the 125s
                                                                                          Ah I've no online accounts, and no anonymous folding money left.

Punted a bit yesterday but forgot that one.

Comment

Probably a long shot but does anyone have a contact in iconnect, the Apple reseller store?

Looking for an in.

Comment

Lowry with a stunning Eagle on 13, birdie 14 to go -1.

Lovely

Comment

The historical parallels with WW2 just keep on coming as the US has passed the revival of Lend Lease. Hopefully it has the same impact in this war against Nazis as the last time.

Comment

Jaysis he gave it back on 15

Comment

I don't really understand their position? Western 'Capitalism' is so bad that they side with Russia?

They all come across (Paul Murphy especially) as just pathetic attention seekers. Like people who never grew out of student politics.

Comment

Wouldn't even rate as something to comment on!

Comment

I'd wager a substantial amount of money for it to be 1/4 bottles alright.
                                                                                                        2 bottles of wine on a plane gave it away

Comment

I don't really understand their position? Western 'Capitalism' is so bad that they side with Russia?

They all come across (Paul Murphy especially) as just pathetic attention seekers. Like people who never grew out of student politics.
                                                                                                          Their 'sanctions hurt the innocent Russian people line' is really rich given all the receipts we have for their call for sanctions on Israel.

History won't judge well anyone showing Russian sympathies. Nazi sympathisers had the benefit of denial. We're in the screenshot age now.

On that note, this George Galloway tweet was actually hilarious ..

Comment

Wouldn't even rate as something to comment on!
                                                                                                            Well the half litre of whiskey in the afternoon would deserve leaning into someone's ear about.

Comment

On that note, this George Galloway tweet was actually hilarious ..
                                                                                                              He had a Russian media org tagged in his Twitter bio at the time of posting that (promptly removed).

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

He had a Russian media org tagged in his Twitter bio at the time of posting that (promptly removed).
                                                                                                                I know. The replies to it with all manner of screenshots and proof are amazing.

Comment

Isn't all politics student politics? I don't think it somehow gets better as people mature. Like the ones I remember from 1990 were Ivanna Bacik president of TCDSU, Clare Daly president of DCUSU, Ruth Coppinger who along with Clare was on the central committee of the Militant Tendency.
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Well the half litre of whiskey in the afternoon would deserve leaning into someone's ear about.
                                                                                                                    I think it was half a little bottle he described it as rather than half a litre bottle?

I took it to mean a naggin anyhow and half that is about 3 shots.....

Unless it was one of the tiny tiny ones - which half of is barely worth talking about.

Comment

Did back Conners (and Morikawa) for 1st Rd, so still in with a little bit of a sweat.

Comment

I think it was half a little bottle he described it as rather than half a litre bottle?

I took it to mean a naggin anyhow and half that is about 3 shots.....

Unless it was one of the tiny tiny ones - which half of is barely worth talking about.
                                                                                                                        Haha, laughing at the idea of Hitch mishearing the Chinese lad saying half little bottle.

'Haf litta botto'

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Isn't all politics student politics? I don't think it somehow gets better as people mature. Like the ones I remember from 1990 were Ivanna Bacik president of TCDSU, Clare Daly president of DCUSU, Ruth Coppinger who along with Clare was on the central committee of the Militant Tendency.
                                                                                                                          Gavan Reilly USD SU President once too

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X