This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Maybe I clicked on a fake link for pirate_bay, but there wasn't anything there when I looked. Also had some doubt over my spelling of 'succession'
    Duckduckgo is the go to search engine for torrents too.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Went to the bank at 12:30, beat the rush says I.

Opening at 1 due to the storm warning, come back at 1 and there's 30 people waiting
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Just wondering how many of us would work in Saudi for a lucrative fee and how much would it have to be to justify it to yourself ?

€500K tax free a year for a max of 3 years plus my employer pays for my accommodation while I'm out there.

That would be my bottom line but would prefer higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Yeah, it's genius. It was Saoirse McHugh.

Was something like 'Sapirse McHugh naked on beach' deliberate drunk looking mispell.
          Allegedly “drunk looking misspell”

Comment

The commercial model for tv is shocking but can’t spell succession

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

€500K tax free a year for a max of 3 years plus my employer pays for my accommodation while I'm out there.

That would be my bottom line but would prefer higher.
              I counter offer that the money is OK but if that fucking yoke gets stuck in the Suez Canal again, you have to go over and push it out
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I counter offer that the money is OK but if that fucking yoke gets stuck in the Suez Canal again, you have to go over and push it out
                No problem - sure, last summer I pushed the father in law's currach into the sea when it got stuck in the sand on the beach, proper heavy it was. Can't see a container ship being any harder to manage

Comment

Those hairy airplane landings had me palpitating. Delete . I dont need that stress on a Frida

Comment

We are all channelling our inner Phil Mickelson.

Comment

Top 2 on the left can go fk themselves ?

Comment

That Saudi Golf thing looks like its gonna be Phil, Bryson, Poults, Westie, Stenson, Scott...

Literally zero interest from me anyway. As someone commented elsewhere, its like the Pre-Champions tour + Bryson.

Phil is obviously ok with tarnishing his legacy with all this bs, I can't imagine he gets the Ryder Cup Captaincy ever now.
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hoping Dead Parrott's week ends on something of a high note.

Comment

With this crazy wind im worried about the trampoline in the back garden full of kids etc. Like where the hell did it come from ?

Comment

Masks are optional in the 2022 Cheltenham Tipping Comp (now with added juice). As are all other forms of headgear - tongue straps, visors, blinkers, hoods and cheekpieces.

Sign up now to avail of our Players Lounge and exciting free* offers!

*not free

Comment

Hoping Dead Parrott's week ends on something of a high note.
                                4pm

Had a technical chat earlier internally to try figure out how to proceed.
                                Tbh, the only big fear I have is they see the scope of the job ahead and decide to just bin it.
                                No manter which way I slice it, I don't see their proposed end date as realistic if they want to do it right.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

4pm

Had a technical chat earlier internally to try figure out how to proceed.
                                  Tbh, the only big fear I have is they see the scope of the job ahead and decide to just bin it.
                                  No manter which way I slice it, I don't see their proposed end date as realistic if they want to do it right.
                                  Ask for the world imo! Including some upfront cash.

Comment

Much malarkey in Eastern Ukraine today with a pretty obvious Gleiwitz Incident.
                                    More shenanigans in the Occupied Territories of Eastern Ukraine today. Clearly well co-ordinated with Moscow as Vlad the Imperiler is also repeating the nonsensical line about Ukraine being the aggressor.

Comment

I do actually think this is a huge strategic miscalculation by Putin as it is driving the Western allies far closer together than they have been for donkeys years. Definitely a determination there to stand up to him that you would never have seen under Trump.

The Germans sound way tougher today than they did three weeks ago. Scholz finding his feet in the chancellery.

Comment

You'd have to imagine Putin and his cronies are making a fortune insider trading the news at times like this.

Comment

Happy Fri-yay everyone

Comment

Tears in the Palestinian Occupied Territories at Raouls longstanding dismissal of their right of existence. Has he changed? Does he love the Palestinians now? Or did John Le Carre not write enough about their battle.
                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

My only real personal thought on the matter is that its the one thing Trump got right. Russia has a deemed excessive level of importance in the Western Psyche due to James Bond movies. But it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. What Trump realised, and maybe his only smart idea driven by his commercial focus, is that China is the only future game in town. I'd imagine there's backdoor billions being shifted to Russia from Beijing for being the useful idiot that allows China to get on with complete world economic domination. But people have no natural connection to China or its issues and strategies, in the same way as they think they do to Russia due to the fine contributions of Ian Fleming.

Raoul, for example, is a few months on from cheering for the installation of a guy called Navalny, before rapidly moving on to the next hair-brained idea on the region, after finding out the rather awkward fact that Navalny was an ultra-racist, whose stated ambition for Russia was to get rid of all the non-whites. Yesterday, he's repeating a Liz Truss mistruth, that was quickly dismissed by the rest of the world. Its whack-a-mole season for over-sensitive imaginations.

Comment

You'd think that the Three Little Pigs story would be required reading for architects.

Sections of London’s O2 Arena were “completely shredded” and sent flying into capital by the gale-force winds as Britain bore the brunt of Storm Eunice.

Dramatic video showed the Dome’s flat fabric panels flying in the wind over the River Thames towards Canary Wharf.

Comment

A rather radical life\work change has just gone from whimsical 'what if' style musings to 'when can you' factual discussion. Interesting times ahead.

Comment

A rather radical life\work change has just gone from whimsical 'what if' style musings to 'when can you' factual discussion. Interesting times ahead.
                                                    Say nothing or say more, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Say nothing or say more, FFS.
                                                      Ah, it's nothing too weird. Just being asked to migrate somewhere for a few years.

Comment

Ah, it's nothing too weird. Just being asked to migrate somewhere for a few years.
                                                        Do it.

will be a great experience for the family and in the end you’ll look back and regret the things you didn’t do rather than the things you did
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

More shenanigans in the Occupied Territories of Eastern Ukraine today. Clearly well co-ordinated with Moscow as Vlad the Imperiler is also repeating the nonsensical line about Ukraine being the aggressor.
                                                          And indeed two hours later, more of the same. This is all choreographed by Vlad the Imperiler and his buddies.

This is all playing out pretty much exactly as the Allies have been publicly saying.

Comment

It's actually like a really bad movie. Does anyone not hooked on Russian propaganda actually believe any of these staged incidents?

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Do it.

will be a great experience for the family and in the end you’ll look back and regret the things you didn’t do rather than the things you did
                                                              Yeah, that was my instinctive reaction too. Conscious I'm not the only human involved in this though!

Comment

Looking out the window.... Not exactly the worst day of the year to have Covid
                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Blinken (US Secretary of State) seemed to be spot on with his address to the UN.

First, Russia plans to manufacture a pretext for its attack. This could be a violent event that Russia will blame on Ukraine, or an outrageous accusation that Russia will level against the Ukrainian Government. We don’t know exactly the form it will take. It could be a fabricated so-called “terrorist” bombing inside Russia, the invented discovery of a mass grave, a staged drone strike against civilians, or a fake – even a real – attack using chemical weapons. Russia may describe this event as ethnic cleansing or a genocide, making a mockery of a concept that we in this chamber do not take lightly, nor do I do take lightly based on my family history.
                                                                  So we've had in the last 24 hours increased shelling in eastern Ukraine, a fake 'car bomb' just now and this staged 'evacuation' of civilians. He's been very accurate with his statements.

Now the question is whether Putin is creating a crisis for the sake of it, or whether he is really setting up the above as pretexts for war.

I suspect we'll know by the end of the weekend as events seem to be accelerating.

Comment

Lovely article about me Dad and his cricketing: https://www.cricketeurope.com/DATABA...2/000232.shtml
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                      Lovely article about me Dad and his cricketing: https://www.cricketeurope.com/DATABA...2/000232.shtml
                                                                      I think I remember him, based on the description. CSCC always a good spot for a few after-match pints as well!

Comment

Potentially New York bound?

My favourite place in the world but I'm not sure if it would live up to the hype if you are working there, unless you can take all your Irish T&C's with you, in particular holidays. Even then, they tend to put in a pretty decent shift every day.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                          That was a really lovely tribute. Fair play to the lad who wrote it.
                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

We have a lot of people in work who have this opportunity, as you can take a sabbatical every six years - as in, live in another country, in another uni, for a year. I know quite a few older colleagues who didn't do it so as not to interrupt life for their teenage kids, only for the teenage kids to grow up and exclaim 'you should have ignored my bleating comments about how I could never leave my stupid friends and force me to go, it would have been awesome'. For the kids, I think its a given it would be amazing for them. You wife could obv negotiate a career break given where her status in the workplace. She'd probably secretly, or even openly, love a break from work. I'd strongly consider approaching it with a mind to saying yes. Moscow?
                                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 18-02-22, 20:40.

Comment

Thats the type of article that a friend writes. Lovely.

Comment

Was back in Dermot Desmond's house this week. They liked our work and brought us back in for more.

Got to see more of the house, some bedrooms.

There's two mirrored bedrooms forming wings overlooking the back. A Panorama room in between, with gallery hallways linking.

The ensuite off one of the bedrooms was mind blowing. Pink onyx window frames, sinks and floor with a big back lit slab of it hiding the toilet on one side and shower on the other. A jacuzzi bath shipped in from Japan in front of it.
                                                                                The jacks was a smart jacks, it senses when you apporach it and the seat lifts up, washes and drys your arse when you're finished. A door off the ensuite led to a massive walk in wardrobe with leather and walnut walls.

This was a spare bedroom. I didn't get to see the master bedroom.

The golfers here would have been salivating at the view out of these rooms.

A massive circular lawn surrounded on the facing side by an amphitheatre of landscape (under construction). The lawn is to be a putting green and it's the size you would see at a decent golf club.

Over to the right there's a fairway and a raised green for practising the short game, with a tennis court behind that.
                                                                                ​​​​​​
                                                                                Got to see the kitchen dining room too and it was also phenomenal. You could probably host 150 people in it.

The apartment we fitted out a couple of weeks ago is for housing the caretakers. A middle aged English couple who gave up their careers to do this sort of work. They came from a French Chateaux for this gig.

​​​​​​Feel very lucky to get a glimpse into it.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

2 free tickets for the Dubs v Mayo in croke park tomorrow night at 7.30pm if anyone wants them

Comment

RD3 considering moving the Fam to Riyadh after today's discussions obv.

Comment

Pesky gas pipelines always blowing up at the most inconvenient times and locations.
                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                        RD3 considering moving the Fam to Riyadh after today's discussions obv.
                                                                                        Allah be praised.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                          Pesky gas pipelines always blowing up at the most inconvenient times and locations.
                                                                                          Pure coincidence.

It's almost as though Blinken was speaking on verified intelligence yesterday when he predicted exactly these events.

Comment

It is fascinating to see this stuff unfold in real time.

It must be unprecedented in the history of intelligence for one side to get their hands on the secret plans of the other and deliberately decide to publicise it all over the world's media. And then for the other side to keep on going with their no-longer-secret plans anyway.

Serious metagame shit. I might figure it out after a few more drinks.

Comment

I'd be lying if I didn't express some doubts now about whether Ukraine is going to be invaded. Biden is speaking in such definite terms about the invasion being a foregone conclusion and seems to have almost given up even attempting to talk Russia out of it.

Is this my Phoebe vs Ross on evolution moment?

Comment

It must be unprecedented in the history of intelligence for one side to get their hands on the secret plans of the other and deliberately decide to publicise it all over the world's media. And then for the other side to keep on going with their no-longer-secret plans anyway.
                                                                                                .
                                                                                                hmm. You mean like how the entire world told America that we knew they were lying about Weapons of Mass Destruction as a pretext strategy for invading Iraq, and even called out their defence minister, Colin Powell, at a globally televised UN meeting, and then the US still went ahead with the invasion on that account and, emmm, found no weapons of mass destruction. The UK claim that there was supposedly chemical weapons that could be deployed in 45 minutes was even exposed as being a lie created by the UK government press secretary. These big lies are always well known.

Comment

I'd be lying if I didn't express some doubts now about whether Ukraine is going to be invaded. Biden is speaking in such definite terms about the invasion being a foregone conclusion and seems to have almost given up even attempting to talk Russia out of it.
                                                                                                  Like we know you love Vlad's manly dick(tatorship) but you must admit the Allies are calling all of this blatantly transparent false flag stuff 100% perfectly in advance?

So let's see:
                                                                                                  1. Cyberattacks...check
                                                                                                  2. 150k troops in battle readiness on the borders...check
                                                                                                  3. False flag explosions...check
                                                                                                  4. False flag shelling...check
                                                                                                  5. Evacuating the Donbass....check
                                                                                                  6. Whipping up your population via propaganda....check
                                                                                                  All that's left now is the actual attack - whatever form that takes. Biden said very clearly it might be a coup rather than an actual invasion.

Biden is actually coming out of this very well. He's rallied his allies and totally exposed Putin's playbook.

Comment

hmm. You mean like how the entire world told America that we knew they were lying about Weapons of Mass Destruction as a pretext strategy for invading Iraq, and even called out their defence minister, Colin Powell, at a globally televised UN meeting, and then the US still went ahead with the invasion on that account and, emmm, found no weapons of mass destruction. The UK claim that there was supposedly chemical weapons that could be deployed in 45 minutes was even exposed as being a lie created by the UK government press secretary. These big lies are always well known.
                                                                                                    Er, this is rather different. This stuff is clearly happening right now.

Forget the whataboutery. All the stuff the allies said Putin would do, he is now 100% doing it.

The only open question us whether he goes through with the actual assault.

Comment

I feel you've just said false flag there three times because of your Liz Truss mistake yesterday, but I'll let it slide as I'm not a petty person.

Comment

I feel you've just said false flag there three times because of your Liz Truss mistake yesterday, but I'll let it slide as I'm not a petty person.
                                                                                                        Liz Truss is a moron. I'm not sure what your fascination is with her but I don't listen to her ever. Or Sky News.

This sort of nonsense really cheapens your arguments. Kayroo nailed you on it last time but you just can't give it up. Let it go and try engaging with facts.

Comment

You can't make a historical lookback claim:

It must be unprecedented in the history of intelligence

and then call a clear example of the same approximate approach in history

whataboutery

Just going to prove that whataboutery is the absolute nut worst debating flaw claim.

Comment

You can't make a historical lookback claim:

and then call a clear example of the same approximate approach in history

Just going to prove that whataboutery is the absolute nut worst debating flaw claim.
                                                                                                            Just to be clear, in the recent history of intelligence claims being made public.
                                                                                                            • Iraqi and WMD claims: 100% bullshit and proven to be so.
                                                                                                            • Putin's current shenanigans: everything the allies said would happen is literally happening live.
                                                                                                            Unless you are swallowing the nonsense being pumped out by Moscow? Are you?

Comment

Liz Truss is a moron. I'm not sure what your fascination is with her but I don't listen to her ever. Or Sky News.

This sort of nonsense really cheapens your arguments. Kayroo nailed you on it last time but you just can't give it up. Let it go and try engaging with facts.
                                                                                                              At the time you posted that yesterday, only Liz Truss had made the claim, so you must have got it from a source involving her. I then posted the Washington Post article pointing out that it couldn't possibly have been a false flag event because it was a missile sent from the Russian side to the Ukrainian side. Thats what the article itself noted.

Here's the Washington Post article again: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...rten-shelling/

Its very easy to correct me by telling me what part of an attack on Ukrainian land could possibly be a 'false flag' ala Gleiwitz

The inability to accept making mistakes is part of why people might doubt you.

Comment

Just to be clear, in the recent history of intelligence claims being made public.
                                                                                                                • Iraqi and WMD claims: 100% bullshit and proven to be so.
                                                                                                                • Putin's current shenanigans: everything the allies said would happen is literally happening live.

So, you agree its not:

It must be unprecedented in the history of intelligence

Comment

Maybe I...made up my own mind?

Tell us what you think about the events in the Occupied Territories of Eastern Ukraine today. What conclusions do you draw from them?

Comment

I also think there's some decent probability that the imminence of war claim is being hyped up by the US, to craft a lack of war as a 'climbdown by Russia'. Do think though that it seems like war is more likely at the moment.

Comment

Do think though that it seems like war is more likely at the moment.
                                                                                                                      What has changed your mind? You were so adamant before.

Comment

Maybe I...made up my own mind?

Tell us what you think about the events in the Occupied Territories of Eastern Ukraine today. What conclusions do you draw from them?
                                                                                                                        I'll do that if you tell me what you think about the similar events in those areas in the beginning of 2021. What conclusions did you draw from them in early 2021 - that war was imminent in 2021?

I know you are unfamiliar with those events, so here's the very long list of similar events in the beginning of 2021 from wikipedia.

Trying to extrapolate from one days individual news stories is always a fools game.

Comment

What has changed your mind? You were so adamant before.
                                                                                                                          I've adjusted my probabilistic assessment based on new information. I notice you cut out my probabilistic assessment in your quote as you prefer 100% judgments on uncertain events.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X