This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    In a world where we harvest animals for food, experiments and selectively treat some animal like humans (cat’s , dogs etc) and the rest as cruelly as the most condemned human atrocities. It’s a bit rich the whole internet coming down on a footballer for kicking a cat. Of course it’s wrong to do such a thing but it’s hypocrisy to demand he lose his job career for it as you munch down on a bacon sandwich.
    I'm mostly shocked at the lack of Satnav catgate references here.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      All the mood music is that NATO is backing away from its plan to deepen its involvement in Ukraine, and so they're only making small talk at this stage. Russia can back down, Ukraine knows not to bring US forces onto Russia's border. The world returns to its wretched balance as it was always going to, apparent to everyone except to those who overly rely on Sky News breaking news. The idea of Russia actually invading Ukraine was always a farce. An observation famously made by none other than, erm, the Ukrainian president who argued impassioned for the West to calm the fuck down and stop trying to make a war out of nothing.
      Classic
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Great finish to the U 20's, classic bit of surrender monkeying
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah, that was enjoyable! Let's hope we can do it again tomorrow, I'm not as confident as RDIII unfortunately. I'm not convinced about Carberry, really hope I'm shown to be 100% wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Great finish to the U 20's, classic bit of surrender monkeying
            Genuinely vintage smash and grab.

A fine prelude to the inevitable strolling triumph on the morrow.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I'm mostly shocked at the lack of Satnav catgate references here.
              What was all that again ? I think dementia is kicking in

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

What was all that again ? I think dementia is kicking in
                It was something to do with this. Though I think Satnav just drove a stray cat away from her area

Comment

Never mind the bastards Hitch......

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Thanks for clearing that up Comical Sasha.
                    If anyone would like a bet on whether Russia will launch an invasion of Ukraine within the next month, I'd be more than delighted to oblige? The good news is that Sky News is promising an invasion within the next 48 hours, so it's almost free money for the Sky News viewer.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                      Never mind the bastards Hitch......

Heh. Although I'm not sure why the figures would be per capita, give that absolute might is what matters, not might per person. And, in fairness, its well known that a lot of Chinese spending is off the books and at a cheaper cost per spending. I'd say China spending could be, in value terms, at least twice of the announced value.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

That's an interesting point, but I'm not sure it's a given that the relative number of humans in any age is more important than the absolute number, if you go down that path then humans then are worth much more than humans now and I don't think that's the case. Definitely something to ponder though. It would certainly make Ghengis Khan's exploits a lot worse?
                        The only reason I went with the relative point, was that you referred to slavery being a relatively small amount of people. I thought that 1 in 8 of Americans being slave at the peak being relatively high personally.
                        Looking at in in relative terms only makes human life back then worth more, if you assign a finite value to the human races.
                        Think of it in fiscal terms. Somebody who is working class, and saves up 30k over a number of years, and then gets scammed out of 25k, verses a multi-millionaire getting scammed by their personal-side to the tune of 25k.
                        I have no problem saying the first scenario is a much worse, due to the relative impact. Even though in both cases, the absolute value can only be 25k.

Just on a side note, I'm very dubious of any figures about modern slavery, because it's illegal it's all based on guesswork, mainly by people trying to bring attention to the cause, so they may be a little biased
                        That's fair enough. The 40m figure did sound crazy to me, I only included it as that the official line.
                        I imagine that the threshold to class something as modern slavery isn't necessarily building the pyramids.

Comment

^^^
                          Deja vu

Comment

An ex-colleague of mine sent me a job description.

It requires:

Someone keen to break into the impact space
                            What is the impact space? How will I know it when I get there? Does V live there?

So many questions...

Comment

One bit of verbage that needs to stop immediately in the work context is when a meeting ends slightly earlier than planned and the meeting organiser says.

'Right, I'll give you back 7 minutes of your day'

Even worse when the cunt says it in a smug way like we should be fucking grateful.

Comment

It truly is amazing how accessible the world is to us nowadays.

Although you need Denny Crane for the truly off piste TRs.
                                Two hits for you in Theodore Dalrymple's latest article. A glowing review of a detective series, and of Botswana.

https://www.takimag.com/article/a-simpler-life/

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                  I lived in Poland for a while, there are some beautiful places there but Warsaw isn't one of them
                                  Delayed TR.

But I really liked it!

It was only a flying visit but we tried to pack as much in. Thought the city had really diverse interesting architecture (I know it's rebuilt but it doesn't take too much away from it). It was great for walking around, high rise with spacious areas. It seems well designed, the walkways with shops under the roads, parks have group tables, streets were impeccably clean. Older people were dour and mildly suspicious but why wouldn't they be.

There was one rustic meal we had but otherwise food was actually quite good.

At the time their restrictions were looser than ours so it was my first time in God knows how long 'vertically drinking', talking to a barman, talking to strangers out - even got invited to a house party. Although we were asked why we were in Warsaw, had we not heard of Gdansk

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                    One bit of verbage that needs to stop immediately in the work context is when a meeting ends slightly earlier than planned and the meeting organiser says.

'Right, I'll give you back 7 minutes of your day'

Even worse when the cunt says it in a smug way like we should be fucking grateful.

Fuckers who say 'Happy Friday!'

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Crompton said a few years later he wasn't sure if leather gloves were worth getting done custom as they tend to distort and stretch over time. Having said that if I happened to be in Warsaw I'd definitely be checking them out!! The best gifts are the ones you get yourself.
                                      This was one of the first things we did, as a bit of a surprise. I didn't know (or I had forgotten) that the guy doesn't speak english. Which put the breaks on how bespoke we were gonna get - but we got throug hit. The guy seemed entirely bemused. Like he's probably done that his whole life, and now due to a couple of article on the interwebs he has tourists turning up at his little shop. He warned us that it would take longer than usual, I think they turned up about 6 weeks later, so almost a second surprise. And they went down well. I realised though that I barely use gloves and it's most of the time I'm concerned about losing them. But still worth it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Delayed TR.

But I really liked it!

It was only a flying visit but we tried to pack as much in. Thought the city had really diverse interesting architecture (I know it's rebuilt but it doesn't take too much away from it). It was great for walking around, high rise with spacious areas. It seems well designed, the walkways with shops under the roads, parks have group tables, streets were impeccably clean. Older people were dour and mildly suspicious but why wouldn't they be.

There was one rustic meal we had but otherwise food was actually quite good.

At the time their restrictions were looser than ours so it was my first time in God knows how long 'vertically drinking', talking to a barman, talking to strangers out - even got invited to a house party. Although we were asked why we were in Warsaw, had we not heard of Gdansk
                                          Maybe I should give it another go, I was always hungover when there before!

Comment

I am that fucker especially when people get fiesty at a meeting. I realise its irritating to them but fk them its Happy Friday .

Comment

I thought Denny had been eaten by a baboon or something. Aren't we due some manner of African trip report. Although it was so long ago now that it may have involved a lost city of gold.

Comment

36 hole cut, -5

Comment

Started reading this today, a Xmas gift. It's very good, and I'm sure would be well received by the BBV

Bah, site won't let me paste a link for some reason.

Timothy Snyder's On Tyranny, graphic edition.
                                                  ​​​​​​​
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    36 hole cut, -5
                                                    You're on some run, fair play. I'm level par thru 40.

Comment

Slightly better than Happy Monday

Comment

La Marseillaise!

Last time we'll hear that today.

Comment

It's a pretty shit game tbf. Very little continuity and loads of mistakes.

Comment

Don't deserve to be within 20 points of them

Comment

As for kicking the ball away with 90 seconds on the clock... Fucking hell

Comment

As for kicking the ball away with 90 seconds on the clock... Fucking hell
                                                                I cant fathom that one wtf .

Comment

Don't deserve to be within 20 points of them
                                                                  France were there to be taken but for some strange reason we decided to attack their strengths. France turned into Munster for the last 20 and just about got away with it.

WP Shraaaap.

Comment

RD3s shitetalk over the last two days a microcosm of the average Irish fans world cup cycle hype.
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Scenes in Croke Park. LOL at the multi millionaire South Dubs being overturned by Kilcoo

Comment

Moar trophies for Chelsea.
                                                                        Must be nice for Roman to attend
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

France were there to be taken but for some strange reason we decided to attack their strengths. France turned into Munster for the last 20 and just about got away with it.

WP Shraaaap.
                                                                          Dominant first half. Garbage second. Thought you were going to steal it at the end when the try was disallowed and you stole the ball at kick off.

Anyway, never in doubt. Enjoy Italy

Comment

Scenes in Croke Park. LOL at the multi millionaire South Dubs being overturned by Kilcoo
                                                                            Full of culchies so has to be big money around
                                                                            final day bottlers all the same

Up the little village

Comment

Making this right now with prawns,

https://glebekitchen.com/masala-chil...taurant-style/

You need to wade through about 2000 words of bollox to get to the recipe but it's worth it.

I use a minced green chilli paste in place of chillis, just because I have it in the fridge.

Have the prawns sitting in a bowl of warm water that I whisked up with Madras curry powder and dry spice mix.

This is the one that had the house smelling like an Indian restaurant. Curry itself takes about ten minutes. Base and spice mix done beforehand though.

Edit, I added in 200ml of tomatoes this time.

Was outstanding.
                                                                              Last edited by Lazare; 12-02-22, 21:33.

Comment

Have never seen a golf crowd go that wild before..

Comment

Dramatic late goals in both GAA club finals. You wouldn't come up with the hurling one in your wildest dreams .........

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                    Dramatic late goals in both GAA club finals. You wouldn't come up with the hurling one in your wildest dreams .........

Poor goalkeeping

Comment

As part of my rugby tears counesseuirs enjoyment of todays scenes (obv minor vintage considering it’s a provincial tournament) I YouTubed the “this is rugby country “ and I can’t believe these 2 gems are still out there tbh

the first has to have been an inside job pisstake , so homo erotic (the dripping firehose etc)

and then this masterpiece from the dickheads Dickhead mr. heaslip
                                                                                      getting hit by a full grown polar bear ffs

rhis is the culture that yet again got fucking exposed today. Rugby Cuntry
                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Dipped under at last.

-1 thru 41

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          Making this right now with prawns,

https://glebekitchen.com/masala-chil...taurant-style/

You need to wade through about 2000 words of bollox to get to the recipe but it's worth it.

I use a minced green chilli paste in place of chillis, just because I have it in the fridge.

Have the prawns sitting in a bowl of warm water that I whisked up with Madras curry powder and dry spice mix.

This is the one that had the house smelling like an Indian restaurant. Curry itself takes about ten minutes. Base and spice mix done beforehand though.

Edit, I added in 200ml of tomatoes this time.

Was outstanding.
                                                                                          That looks class. Proper mouthwatering based on the pics on that link.

I'm in the market for a decent ramen lunch recipe. Feel there's a lot to be said for ramen for lunch. Bit of excitement, bit of freshness, fair few carbs, something interesting added to the carbs. Plus, I'm thinking you could have most ingredients in a cupboard, so its handy for not having to put in a huge amount of effort. Did you ever come across anything in that space, by any chance?

Comment

​​​​​​Joined a nyc fb group months ago in preparation for the trip and came across loads of recommendations for a chap who has a Pedicab and takes you about Central Park, giving you all the history, telling you about celebs etc. Jesus he was fucking brilliant. Trip is for 90 mins at 45 dollars each. But we got on so well, we ended up with him for three hours, went for hotdogs (best in town acc to him) an absolute legend he was. He took a mountain of photos no extra charge and sent them to me later in eve. He finished off driving us up some Ave in his Pedicab blasting Frank sinatra and empire state song out of this huge speaker while stopping off to drag herself from it to dance lol. An unforgettable experience! Pics attached I'm a fat fucker but shur fuck it lol
                                                                                            IMG_20220213_002517.jpg
                                                                                            IMG_20220213_002451.jpg
                                                                                            IMG_20220213_002503.jpg
                                                                                            IMG_20220213_002313.jpg
                                                                                            IMG_20220213_002303.jpg
                                                                                            Last two were screen shots from a video with new york lyrics involved.
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I'm in the market for a decent ramen lunch recipe. Feel there's a lot to be said for ramen for lunch. Bit of excitement, bit of freshness, fair few carbs, something interesting added to the carbs. Plus, I'm thinking you could have most ingredients in a cupboard, so its handy for not having to put in a huge amount of effort. Did you ever come across anything in that space, by any chance?
                                                                                              Should be able to buy ramen meal kits in the supermarket.

But easy to cobble together a mock version with instant noodles. Cook noodles it chicken/pork stock, throw a egg in with noodles while while they cook.
                                                                                              When noodles are done, add cooked roast pork, chopped scallions, garlic, chilli flakes/oil, and crack open the egg. If the egg isn’t fully boiled it’s fine, better even. Any uncooked white will finish in the stock, gooey yoke is the way

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                Have never seen a golf crowd go that wild before..

they queue up from like 2am to get those seats. by the time the event starts they're wasted, but i think it's great. what a cauldron, and what a place to get a hole in one, other than the bar bill you'll be lumbered with!

Comment

Looks like you got some decent weather SatNav. NY can be miserable this time of year so WP.

Comment

For me the best home ramen is miso ramen, as the miso makes up a bit from the lacking flavours of home broth, unless you're gonna boil up a load of bones for a few hours for lunch. I use this recipe

Make a hot bowl of homemade Miso Ramen with authentic broth in less than 30 minutes! Add toppings of your choice for a satisfying meal.

Asian shop on Drury st for the good noodles.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Ramen is something I've no experience of. That and that amazing sounding dish you guys were describing the other day is on the to do list.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

For me the best home ramen is miso ramen, as the miso makes up a bit from the lacking flavours of home broth, unless you're gonna boil up a load of bones for a few hours for lunch. I use this recipe

Make a hot bowl of homemade Miso Ramen with authentic broth in less than 30 minutes! Add toppings of your choice for a satisfying meal.

Asian shop on Drury st for the good noodles.
                                                                                                        Should be able to pick up bone broth/stock from the supermarket. Certainly any of the fancy shops.

Comment

I hope you lads have been good to the important woman in your life. Its 13th Feb. Happy Mistress day

Comment

We've been left with the below ugly monstrosity on the wall - the old meter that is powering the new rewire, in our otherwise quite spic and span house. It's inside the front door in the hallway. The original rewire electrician didn't touch it as there was also a second meter there that we were waiting to have removed. Now we are trying to fix the problem. I thought we might just need a meter box fitted over the space. Now, I've gotten a quote from someone saying: the meter needs to be moved outside for safety and insurance purposes and in-set in the outer wall. As that's a substantial job, it would be a cost of €2,100. Could that possibly be correct?

QxOX6Y6l.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Should be able to pick up bone broth/stock from the supermarket. Certainly any of the fancy shops.
                                                                                                              I must have a look! Still reckon a proper tonkatsu ramen is beyond my home cooking.

Also on a similar vein I've had this a couple of times recently and it's class.

Quick and easy dinner recipes to cook at home. Explore our online cookbook of recipe ideas, with a wide range of tasty meals to choose from.

and if you want the finest effort to ratio seafood noodle broth you have to go for jjampong
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

The trick for good Ramen is to have a roast chicken dinner the day before and keep the juices from that to use in your stock. The difference in smell, taste and overall flavour is very noticeable between doing that and not doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                  ​​​​​​Joined a nyc fb group months ago in preparation for the trip and came across loads of recommendations for a chap who has a Pedicab and takes you about Central Park, giving you all the history, telling you about celebs etc. Jesus he was fucking brilliant. Trip is for 90 mins at 45 dollars each. But we got on so well, we ended up with him for three hours, went for hotdogs (best in town acc to him) an absolute legend he was. He took a mountain of photos no extra charge and sent them to me later in eve. He finished off driving us up some Ave in his Pedicab blasting Frank sinatra and empire state song out of this huge speaker while stopping off to drag herself from it to dance lol. An unforgettable experience! Pics attached I'm a fat fucker but shur fuck it lol
                                                                                                                  Last two were screen shots from a video with new york lyrics involved.
                                                                                                                  Can you link the facebook page please?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

I must have a look! Still reckon a proper tonkatsu ramen is beyond my home cooking.
                                                                                                                    I wouldn’t call it “real”, as it’s using packet
                                                                                                                    ingredients. But it’s a low effort way to get a decent meal. Stocks bases will probably be clear rather than the cloudy tonkatsu style. Unless you can find pork bone broth base.
                                                                                                                    If you do the roast pork at home. The juice/gelatine that is left over is a great to add to the base.

Comment

We've been left with the below ugly monstrosity on the wall - the old meter that is powering the new rewire, in our otherwise quite spic and span house. It's inside the front door in the hallway. The original rewire electrician didn't touch it as there was also a second meter there that we were waiting to have removed. Now we are trying to fix the problem. I thought we might just need a meter box fitted over the space. Now, I've gotten a quote from someone saying: the meter needs to be moved outside for safety and insurance purposes and in-set in the outer wall. As that's a substantial job, it would be a cost of €2,100. Could that possibly be correct?

QxOX6Y6l.jpg
                                                                                                                      Seems high.
                                                                                                                      Get a quote off the ESB.

Could also try find out when you might be upgraded to a smart meter. Which could be installed in the new location instead.

ESB Networks installs 1.5 million smart meters nationwide as part of the National Smart Metering Programme

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Seems high.
                                                                                                                        Get a quote off the ESB.
                                                                                                                        https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-...meter-location

Could also try find out when you might be upgraded to a smart meter. Which could be installed in the new location instead.

https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-...-meter-upgrade
                                                                                                                        Thats a great idea Mellor. I'll contact them directly as the cost might be cheaper if they have specialists who only do that. Although from reading between the lines on there, I think they work in conjunction with our own electrician, rather than move it themselves. Will check with them.

Re the smart meters. Its a bit of a dodgy rollout as there's no specific dates. We rang them and they said 'you are now on a list and we will contact you when we are in your area, which will be between now and 2024.'
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-02-22, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Can you link the facebook page please?
                                                                                                                          Go Hybrid NYC, New York, New York. 8,457 likes · 3 talking about this · 67 were here. Unique pedicab experience, narrated tour of Central Park & NYC "One-man Show" Professional photos.
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X