This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

With the massively over rated carberry in at our half I wouldn’t back us scoring 20 points.

The most exciting 6 nations tie of the tournament has now become our outhalf sitting deep and taking all the time out of the ball because he is afraid of contact.

Carty will be brought on with 20 mins to go with murray killing all the momentum too so he will get to be the scapegoat

France to win by 10 despite us being on top in the pack and the breakdown.
    Have faith my friend!

After all our foes are a nation whose most famous citizen was a womanizing, Nazi-collaborating, black marketeer.

b0947f4eb3769906fb036ede08d757a1.jpg
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      20% off public transport is a nice way of spending the cost of living money.
      Does fuck all for culchies though. In Dublin at least the TFI 90 minute fare has really changed the usefulness of public transport for me anyway. It's actually surprisingly interconnected when you no longer have to pay separate fares for each part of a journey.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Does fuck all for culchies though. In Dublin at least the TFI 90 minute fare has really changed the usefulness of public transport for me anyway. It's actually surprisingly interconnected when you no longer have to pay separate fares for each part of a journey.

Its class, isn't it.

Re the culchies thing. I guess that's just the way it is. It might even start to encourage more rural conversations about the needs for public transport routes. The answer definitely isn't cheaper petrol, anyway!
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Its class, isn't it.
          Yeah and coupled with real time info, and a bit of help from google maps I've ended up on some journeys that I never would have came up with myself. The only negative is that I'm not doing that 30 minute walk that I used to consider part of going anywhere.

Comment

oh that 90 minute fare includes DART and Luas transfers also. Jaysus. €2 to go anywhere in Dublin with the new reductions, seems like an absolute bargain.

They've really changed things substantially with that.

Comment

Its a bit of a joke thought isn't it - carbon tax increased (for valid reasons) and now they are just giving some of that tax back to everyone in terms of the energy credit of 200 and the public transport discount of 20% and now also the welfare benefits increase for winter fuel for those briquettes and coal - what a stupid world we live in

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post
                Its a bit of a joke thought isn't it - carbon tax increased (for valid reasons) and now they are just giving some of that tax back to everyone in terms of the energy credit of 200 and the public transport discount of 20% and now also the welfare benefits increase for winter fuel for those briquettes and coal - what a stupid world we live in
                FLP_53pXMAA6nny?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

€900 a month to share this place lol - you have to look at photo 2

Im missing out on this gravy train, may rent out the side passage

Find Flats to Share in Kilmacud, Dublin. Search 0 Flats to Share in Kilmacud, Dublin on Daft.ie now.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah and coupled with real time info, and a bit of help from google maps I've ended up on some journeys that I never would have came up with myself. The only negative is that I'm not doing that 30 minute walk that I used to consider part of going anywhere.
                    I guess you could start with the 30/40 minute walk in some direction and only after that start your 90 minutes public transport, would open up even more possible journeys.
                    I finally gave up my yearly bus ticket this year as not going into the office often enough, so the TFI-90 for €2.30 has been very useful.
                    The one day I went into work this week I came home via a novel combo of Luas, Commuter Rail and then bus.
                    Not sure it saved any actual time but it was definitely more pleasant than sitting on a bus for the whole journey meandering through Dublin City streets getting stuck at traffic lights.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post
                      Giving it back in terms of public transport is a good thing, no? It's recycling carbon money into green transport. I think it's also fine to give people a base level of electricity support.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        €900 a month to share this place lol - you have to look at photo 2

Im missing out on this gravy train, may rent out the side passage

https://www.daft.ie/share/4-dale-dri...dublin/3522050
                        Wow you've been out of the market for a long time. That looks a bit of a bargain.

Comment

Wow you've been out of the market for a long time. That looks a bit of a bargain.
                          Also overlooking the convenience of cooking breakfast while in the shower.

Comment

Giving it back in terms of public transport is a good thing, no? It's recycling carbon money into green transport. I think it's also fine to give people a base level of electricity support.
                            Don't think anyone would quibble about the discount for public transport. Stand beside an inter city train and tell me it's green - it's a joke to say it's green. most EV is sourced from carbon related. I am merely pointing out that the policy is to tax carbons and now we are both taxing and subsidizing. It's politics and it's rediculous. It's also rediculous that inflation is soup du jour on the news now when this was obvious 18 months ago when the money printers were banging it out. again, policy failure to proact rather than react like this. I'm just having a rant

Comment

A day in NYC. Good Jesus I'm absolutely dead ​​​​​​

IMG_20220210_215746.jpg
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

That's an interesting point, but I'm not sure it's a given that the relative number of humans in any age is more important than the absolute number, if you go down that path then humans then are worth much more than humans now and I don't think that's the case. Definitely something to ponder though. It would certainly make Ghengis Khan's exploits a lot worse?
                                The only reason I went with the relative point, was that you referred to slavery being a relatively small amount of people. I thought that 1 in 8 of Americans being slave at the peak being relatively high personally.
                                Looking at in in relative terms only makes human life back then worth more, if you assign a finite value to the human races.
                                Think of it in fiscal terms. Somebody who is working class, and saves up 30k over a number of years, and then gets scammed out of 25k, verses a multi-millionaire getting scammed by their personal-side to the tune of 25k.
                                I have no problem saying the first scenario is a much worse, due to the relative impact. Even though in both cases, the absolute value can only be 25k.

Just on a side note, I'm very dubious of any figures about modern slavery, because it's illegal it's all based on guesswork, mainly by people trying to bring attention to the cause, so they may be a little biased
                                That's fair enough. The 40m figure did sound crazy to me, I only included it as that the official line.
                                I imagine that the threshold to class something as modern slavery isn't necessarily building the pyramids.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                  A day in NYC. Good Jesus I'm absolutely dead ​​​​​​

IMG_20220210_215746.jpg
                                  Go for a proper massage if you have time. Your calves and feet will thank you. Last time I was in Lisbon I was covering serious ground up and down the hills. My calves were in ribbons. You'll feel completely relaxed and refreshed for more walking after getting a rub.

Comment

Russia apparently building up more troops, conducting live fire drills, bringing in warships….

Is this still posturing or is there a distinct possibility of some sort of war?

Comment

Hopelessly out of her depth
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

In a world where we harvest animals for food, experiments and selectively treat some animal like humans (cat’s , dogs etc) and the rest as cruelly as the most condemned human atrocities. It’s a bit rich the whole internet coming down on a footballer for kicking a cat. Of course it’s wrong to do such a thing but it’s hypocrisy to demand he lose his job career for it as you munch down on a bacon sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Hopelessly out of her depth
                                          In fairness when one of your esteemed predecessors in the role was one Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, then simply turning up to the right city, in the right country and wearing the right shoes on the right feet is probably an achievement.

Comment

Apparently she also came out with this corker:

we are supplying and offering extra support to our Baltic allies across the Black Sea
                                            which any five year old who has ever looked at a map might consider to be quite the logistical feat

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                              In a world where we harvest animals for food, experiments and selectively treat some animal like humans (cat’s , dogs etc) and the rest as cruelly as the most condemned human atrocities. It’s a bit rich the whole internet coming down on a footballer for kicking a cat. Of course it’s wrong to do such a thing but it’s hypocrisy to demand he lose his job career for it as you munch down on a bacon sandwich.
                                              The whole internet isnt reality though, maybe 5% ? Ask 10 people on the street if an apology will suffice and keep his job ?

The world needs to stop listening to these 5%ers, they are controlling the narrative, place would be much better off ignoring social media...i am very close to pulling the plug on all of it, i belong to a couple of groups on facebook for bbq and such, dont really interact..twitter is just for watching idiots hurt themselves.

20 years ago these people would be told get back in their boxes fairly fast.

Saw a clip yesterday of a load of children in severe distress because a tree was being knocked...its a fuckin tree for fuck sake, the birds will find another one, farmers dont knock trees for the craic, whatever teacher stirred the kids into that frenzy should be ashamed of themselves. Gowls.

I definitely come away more angry then when i start viewing this shite.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

She's hopeless, but obviously not helped by Johnson seeming to think that Foreign Secretary is such an easy number that you can continue to be Brexit secretary and International Trade secretary at the same time. So after humiliation in Moscow, she'll spend today negotiating with Sefcovic without a clue what's happening, and then spend the weekend putting her name to utterly unbalanced trade deals ("we'll take 1000 bushels of your best Somerset apples and all we ask in return is that you buy a mere 200 tonnes of our avocados")

I suspect most would have struggled with the Vorenezh Oblast part, though Rostov would have been a gimme for any football fans - they've been in Europe multiple times and the city was a venue for the 2018 WC. Obvious trick question. You need a sports fan as Foreign Sec at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

which any five year old who has ever looked at a map might consider to be quite the logistical feat
                                                  They do struggle with their seas and oceans. Raaab is obviously famous for his sudden realisation that Dover to Calais is strategically important, though I saw an even better one a few days ago where he is appearing before a select committee on Northern Ireland back in 2019 and says that the UK government will never countenance a border down the Red Sea.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

They do struggle with their seas and oceans. Raaab is obviously famous for his sudden realisation that Dover to Calais is strategically important, though I saw an even better one a few days ago where he is appearing before a select committee on Northern Ireland back in 2019 and says that the UK government will never countenance a border down the Red Sea.
                                                    funny on all levels, given that their involvement in constructing all of those borders

Comment

Your man's eyes tell a story

She's preparing for a run as PM.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        She's hopeless, but obviously not helped by Johnson seeming to think that Foreign Secretary is such an easy number that you can continue to be Brexit secretary and International Trade secretary at the same time. So after humiliation in Moscow, she'll spend today negotiating with Sefcovic without a clue what's happening, and then spend the weekend putting her name to utterly unbalanced trade deals ("we'll take 1000 bushels of your best Somerset apples and all we ask in return is that you buy a mere 200 tonnes of our avocados")

I suspect most would have struggled with the Vorenezh Oblast part, though Rostov would have been a gimme for any football fans - they've been in Europe multiple times and the city was a venue for the 2018 WC. Obvious trick question. You need a sports fan as Foreign Sec at all times.
                                                        I learned a lot of my European Geography in School - in the school yard discussing football.

Comment

Thatcher was a political giant...not sure what Truss is.

Comment

I learned a lot of my European Geography in School - in the school yard discussing football.
                                                            Although back in our day, you had the CCCP so didn't quite have the delights of trying to work out what obscure corner of Eastern Europe Sumgayit FK might possibly come from.

SPOILER
                                                            Azerbaijan, apparently

Comment

Macron is over there today, so a bit of a sense of an adult being in the room with Vlad the Imperiler.

Comment

Thatcher was a political giant...not sure what Truss ROD is.
                                                                It changes the action on a guitar .

My biggest annoyance i was learning to spell Czechoslovakia in school proudly , then its ceasing to be.
                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 11-02-22, 11:27.

Comment

"To suit your narrative" and "control the narrative" are nearly surpassing "leafy suburbs" at this stage for me.

Comment

It changes the action on a guitar .

My biggest annoyance i was learning to spell Czechoslovakia in achool proudly , then its ceasing to be.
                                                                    Ah, that reminds me of David Davis - As recently as 2017 that intellectual colossus in his Brexit role was referring to potential deals with Czechoslovakia.
                                                                    Brexit boss refers to Czechoslovakia in boast about European intelligence | Euronews

Comment

Thatcher was a political giant...not sure what Truss is.
                                                                      Never has a person's ability and intelligence been summed up so aptly in two words.

Comment

All the mood music is that NATO is backing away from its plan to deepen its involvement in Ukraine, and so they're only making small talk at this stage. Russia can back down, Ukraine knows not to bring US forces onto Russia's border. The world returns to its wretched balance as it was always going to, apparent to everyone except to those who overly rely on Sky News breaking news. The idea of Russia actually invading Ukraine was always a farce. An observation famously made by none other than, erm, the Ukrainian president who argued impassioned for the West to calm the fuck down and stop trying to make a war out of nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          "To suit your narrative" and "control the narrative" are nearly surpassing "leafy suburbs" at this stage for me.
                                                                          Girl i worked wwith always alway said no matter what meeting. Lets get to the granular details of it.

Every time .

Comment

Girl i worked wwith always alway said no matter what meeting. Lets get to the granular details of it.

Every time .
                                                                            'looping in Mr X to opine on Issue Y'

Like, who ever says 'opine' in real life? Apart from Kayroo obviously.

Comment

All the mood music is that NATO is backing away from its plan to deepen its involvement in Ukraine, and so they're only making small talk at this stage. Russia can back down, Ukraine knows not to bring US forces onto Russia's border. The world returns to its wretched balance as it was always going to, apparent to everyone except to those who overly rely on Sky News breaking news. The idea of Russia actually invading Ukraine was always a farce. An observation famously made by none other than, erm, the Ukrainian president who argued impassioned for the West to calm the fuck down and stop trying to make a war out of nothing.
                                                                              Thanks for clearing that up Comical Sasha.

Comment

Revert is another one I hate.

square the circle

Comment

Having practically the entire US Pacific Fleet docked in Pearl Harbor was seen as a massive mistake and reported as such before the attack to fall on deaf ears.

NATO should consider looking at this concentration of Russian troops as a similar vulnerability
                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I can't say I've heard 'opine' used in work jargon. Yet. Thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I can't say I've heard 'opine' used in work jargon. Yet. Thankfully.
                                                                                      I heard bovine but it was in reference to the same 'granular detail ' girl

Comment

Ah, the wonderful Whatsapp comms from teenage dirtbag daughter:

The dog has thrown up E V E R Y W H E R E
                                                                                        Dad can you please it up? I can't because I have to go
                                                                                        I have a match after the exam and won't be back until around 5
                                                                                        I left the dog out the back
                                                                                        Obviously had the brains not to come in and SAY the above as I would have ordered her to do the cleanup. She wasn't kidding about everywhere.

Comment

Obviously had the brains not to come in and SAY the above as I would have ordered her to do the cleanup. She wasn't kidding about everywhere.
                                                                                          If you plan on doing a Zouma on the dog make sure there are no cameras around .

Comment

New job secured today with 30% "uplift". Really going to enjoy pints this evening.
                                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

My dog growled at me once when i went cleaning up her sick such is the affinity she has for food

Legitimately was going to scoff it down again

Comment

Up in the fair city for a couple days, anywhere for a game of poker tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                  Up in the fair city for a couple days, anywhere for a game of poker tonight?
                                                                                                  New permanent club in the Bonnington seems to be doing a decent trade but all the usual spots are moving now. Sporting Emporium still probably the best of the bunch.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

My dog growled at me once when i went cleaning up her sick such is the affinity she has for food

Legitimately was going to scoff it down again
                                                                                                    Further forensic examination reveals that is what happened here.

'yeah, she puked in the garden this morning and then I watched her () eat it all again'

WTF did you think was going to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

New permanent club in the Bonnington seems to be doing a decent trade but all the usual spots are moving now. Sporting Emporium still probably the best of the bunch.
                                                                                                      Any idea if there is a game tonight (or if they have a website / fb page etc)?

Comment

Offer 1:

End date 10/06/2022
                                                                                                        Statutory + 2 months ex gratia
                                                                                                        if end date moves .5 month ex gratia per month extra

Comment

Offer 1:

End date 10/06/2022
                                                                                                          Statutory + 2 months ex gratia
                                                                                                          if end date moves .5 month ex gratia per month extra
                                                                                                          did you start laughing?

Comment

Any idea if there is a game tonight (or if they have a website / fb page etc)?
                                                                                                            Saw an ad on FB Irish poker forum for tonight's game. Described as cheap and deep. 8 pm start 60 euro buy in 50k starting stack 5 k early bird. 15 minute levels. No blind structure on the ad.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Saw an ad on FB Irish poker forum for tonight's game. Described as cheap and deep. 8 pm start 60 euro buy in 50k starting stack 5 k early bird. 15 minute levels. No blind structure on the ad.
                                                                                                              Ta, might check that out.

Although the group next to me at the bar have a bag from Sheridans. Believe i may be in good company judging by how that name is held on here

Comment

did you start laughing?
                                                                                                                I didn't laugh. I did note my displeasure.
                                                                                                                I'll have a think about it over the weekend and open a counter offer.

I also happen to have over 30 days annual leave built up

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                                    New job secured today with 30% "uplift". Really going to enjoy pints this evening.
                                                                                                                    Next covid: Pats GastroPub

Well done Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Any interest in an IPB meetup there next Friday?

Comment

I didn't laugh. I did note my displeasure.
                                                                                                                        I'll have a think about it over the weekend and open a counter offer.

I also happen to have over 30 days annual leave built up
                                                                                                                        They seem like a bunch of cunts. Why would you stick around for statutory redundancy?

Make your opening offer 10 weeks per year and give them 24 hours to accept.

Comment

We have an Ooni oven on loan from someone at the moment and wowsers it really is the quality pizza ye were all exclaiming.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X