X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
    Surely July or September far better spots for a new bank holiday
    st Brigids day? Fuck. Off.

andd if it has to be feb why not align with the school mid term?
    Cos the teachers that make up half the TDs in the Dail presumably get all midterm off now plus an extra day for their brethren.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Just on this topic of paying VAT/Duty. Is An Post still acting the gowl with slow deliveries or rejecting stuff outright entirely before returning to sender?
      They seem to be. No problems with Amazon, but smaller companies just don't fill in the customs form correctly. This was from espares.ie, and while I knew they are based in the UK, the have an Irish vat number and seem legit.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Speaking of unhealthy rolls, saw a lad in the Spar ask for stuffing on his roll. Big pile of it.

So he's basically eating a bread bread roll. Got chicken too but still.
        Well, is it not the same if you get a spicy chicken fillet role, the meat is in a breaded coating?
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

They seem to be. No problems with Amazon, but smaller companies just don't fill in the customs form correctly. This was from espares.ie, and while I knew they are based in the UK, the have an Irish vat number and seem legit.
          Yeah I suppose amazon's scale and tech makes it pretty straightforward for them from day 1. Average Joe UK citizen never had to look at a customs form in his life.

It's such a balls of a racket, I used to get so many different things off eBay and small retailers in the past. I grudgingly would pay a little extra in fees which is fair enough but the shipping delays and return to sender roulette are not worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            Is it just me or are the early ones really difficult to get?

Comment

Just on this topic of paying VAT/Duty. Is An Post still acting the gowl with slow deliveries or rejecting stuff outright entirely before returning to sender?
              My sister in law sent presents for my kids by post (I had previously told her not to) and I got a notification on Dec 21st that there was duty owed (stupid amount for the contents) and I paid it, making sure to tell her not to bother doing this again, and it only got delivered to me last Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                I just clicked on the one from the start of the year - Rebus?
                GFYW.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I just clicked on the one from the start of the year - Rebus?
                  GFYW.
                  HUMPH was another one. I actually know the word rebus is those dingbat puzzles you get in table quizzes, didn't realise grunts were included though

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

My sister in law sent presents for my kids by post (I had previously told her not to) and I got a notification on Dec 21st that there was duty owed (stupid amount for the contents) and I paid it, making sure to tell her not to bother doing this again, and it only got delivered to me last Friday.
                    HUMPH

Comment

That section on Prime Time last night about Eden Heaslip, a teen who committed suicide was a very hard hitting piece. Teenagers can be so horrible to others. People in general, but teenagers especially. I'm so glad I was in school well before social media was around.

Comment

That section on Prime Time last night about Eden Heaslip, a teen who committed suicide was a very hard hitting piece. Teenagers can be so horrible to others. People in general, but teenagers especially. I'm so glad I was in school well before social media was around.

https://twitter.com/RTE_PrimeTime/st...704869378?s=20
                        Yes, it's so sad - and it is very scary to those of us with children I think, wondering if this will happen to ours when they are that age My son has red hair and I remember the slagging those who did got back in the day!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Yes, it's so sad - and it is very scary to those of us with children I think, wondering if this will happen to ours when they are that age My son has red hair and I remember the slagging those who did got back in the day!
                          Not that it'd make much of a difference, but things like this should be shown to school kids throughout secondary school. Bullying has always been a thing to a certain extent, but social media usage means that instead of just being a school thing, it's a constant threat now.

Comment

https://twitter.com/RTE_PrimeTime/st...704869378?s=20
                            Really awful.Echo your comments re social media. I went to an all boys school that was rough enough and was neither Bullying people or on the receiving end but i seen plenty. The fact the kids take it home now too is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

I was red haired , around my 20s it turned browny copper . I loved being reddish miss it. . I love red hair and was hoping my kids would be red . As for red haired wimmin. Love em .

As a kid i got called carrot head etc everywhere from home to sport . Never looked on it as bullying or a thing to be bothered Seems to be a thing now . ODD really . Embrace the ginge i say. Our kids need to be told how everyone is odd and how normal that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I was red haired , around my 20s it turned browny copper . I loved being reddish miss it. . I love red hair and was hoping my kids would be red . As for red haired wimmin. Love em .

As a kid i got called carrot head etc everywhere from home to sport . Never looked on it as bullying or a thing to be bothered Seems to be a thing now . ODD really . Embrace the ginge i say. Our kids need to be told how everyone is odd and how normal that is.
                                Actually on that note, the creches these days are really excellent on delivering an 'everyone is different, everyone is awesome' positive message. So many when these kids grow up it won't be as big a problem. But sure some kids will be more sensitive to 'banter' than others so I think there will always be some level of bullying and the issues that flow from that.

My wife has red hair and like most when I grow a beard, there's a good bit of red in there (mainly grey these days obv), so no doubt any offspring were a high likelihood of being ginger! The youngest one is brown haired though, so 50/50 in the end.

Comment

Received an xmas card today, posted from the states on dec 1st.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Sounds like you picked the right sister.

Comment

Juicy fruits are just a poor mans hubba bubba

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Sounds like you picked the right sister.
                                        Other type of sister in law!

Either way, women I'm related to rarely listen to me it seems.

Comment

Wordle 214 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Received an xmas card today, posted from the states on dec 1st.
                                            My missus sent want to Brazil for the previous Christmas and it arrived around Paddy's Day.

Comment

My missus sent want to Brazil for the previous Christmas and it arrived around Paddy's Day.
                                              can't be long before we get to the classic:

'I say I say I say, my wife went to the West Indies'
                                              'Really, Jamaica?'
                                              SPOILER
                                              "No she went of her own free will." BOOM BOOM

Similar to:
                                              'I say I say I say, I saw a woman being executed in China.'
                                              'Really, Shanghai?'
                                              SPOILER
                                              'No, only about six feet off the ground.' BOOM BOOM BOOM

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Three more days to get entries in for 2022 Multi Sport Competition.

Simply predict the winners of the biggest sporting events of the year, and score points. Most points at the end of the year wins the money and the bragging rights currently held by Premierstone.

2022 Multi Sport Competition - Irish Poker Boards

Comment

Usually get 2 Christmas cards delivered in error by seasonal relatives who dont really knew where the fcuk Christine and John live. No return address oh no. Your not getting the level of professionalism here like CourierCollie and Russian pen friend.
                                                  Clearly a Christmas card. So im looking at this envelope over Christmas with a jaundiced eye. At one stage it goes in the bin at the tail end of the holiday. Then the conscience gets the better of me and its out of the bin a few days later with an approaching new years reprieve.

It doesn't get plucked out of the bin with a reprieve without being opened. Opened it was and it was a hand drawn card by 5 signed children. Straight into the fire it went.

No. I put on the oil skins got on my bike tucked the envelope in and cycled to the 3 other address door numbers that was the same as mine.
                                                  The first one was like a fortress and I deduced that before I rant the bell the door would open. Sure enough this bug eyed guy comes out but I quickly disarm him with my story but there was still a residual percentage of buy eyedness there. So it was agreed it was probably in the nearby 'Close' rather than 'Drive'.

I get to the same numbered address in the Close and this dog inside went berserk. Luckily the woman that answered was much less frosty. It wasnt for her though, but she said Christine lives just over the road. But is she at this number address?. Of course not. I feel when your trying to explain something to someone the dont bleedin listen but patience is a virtue here oh yes.

I go to the last address and its got one of these camers presses. Absolutely has to be here now and just like me has to be the last one I go to. Lovely house altogether, anyway a nice old lady answered and she said im very good altogether which is exactly the tye of thing im looking for but the address is divided( rebuilt on spare land So A/B) Christine and John is just next door.
                                                  That just took the icing slightly off the feel good factor. Anyway at least im pleased ive found the address and want the plaudits once more but when I go next door the garden is unkempt the curtain nets are tired and theres a beat up taxi in the drive. So no door bell ring just straight in the letterbox.
                                                  So anticlimax as usual

Comment

You know Rounders, you have a great posting/writing style and a natural flair for story telling, you should give some thought to writing a series of short stories for a book. I for one would buy that book.
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Your not getting the level of professionalism here like CourierCollie and Russian pen friend.
                                                      Ha, the little things you notice. Funnily enough I sent Andrey an xmas card for the first time ever a few weeks ago. Will be the first contact in 30 years. Hopefully he gets it before Paddy's day.

Comment

Ha, the little things you notice. Funnily enough I sent Andrey an xmas card for the first time ever a few weeks ago. Will be the first contact in 30 years. Hopefully he gets it before Paddy's day.
                                                        Do you pronounce Xmas with the X? Given the 'an' there.

I'm the unholy one here and I pronounce Xmas as Christmas.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Do you pronounce Xmas with the X? Given the 'an' there.

I'm the unholy one here and I pronounce Xmas as Christmas.
                                                          Yeah, I say an xmas. And I wouldn't even capitalise the x. I've more in common with actual Nazis than grammar Nazis

Comment

Yeah, I say an xmas. And I wouldn't even capitalise the x. I've more in common with actual Nazis than grammar Nazis
                                                            I'm also well in to my first bottle of a euro more expensive wine than it would have been a while back. Meh. It's still ridiculously cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                              You know Rounders, you have a great posting/writing style and a natural flair for story telling, you should give some thought to writing a series of short stories for a book. I for one would buy that book.
                                                              Ah too kind altogether. I'm a funny one like that, you'd think if you'd write you'd read?. I read about 1 book a year!. This year Pat Nevin and it was a good read. Just cant read fiction or sci-fi unfortunately.
                                                              The catcher in the rye style meets Frank Mc Court is the kind of style I seem to be swayed automatically.

Comment

Fair play to this crowd. Legal papers lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  I'm beginning to think that Wordle could be blinked on the first try after having seen a few posts (correctly rendered) in here. It's next level Wordle.
                                                                  I'm enjoying seeing other people's 'scoresheet' and knowing what the word was and trying to work out what their first word might be. Seeing if anyone's got a beauty of a first 5.

Eldrow

Comment

Fair play to this crowd. Legal papers lol

The irony of the shop being Freemans is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

The irony of the shop being Freemans is unreal.

Comment

Jozef Pusca is a name we'll be hearing a lot

Comment

is that the arrested fella?

Comment

no shame being beaten there, 5mins a close one.

Comment

I'm not normally one to wish death on someone but I hope he gets everything coming to him. The most hated person in Ireland. What a fucking cunt.

Comment

no shame being beaten there, 5mins a close one.
                                                                                Just wish I'd said it now when I thought of it

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

is that the arrested fella?
                                                                                  That's him. There was an image going around WhatsApp the other day and I ignored it but it was him alright.

Comment

That's him. There was an image going around WhatsApp the other day and I ignored it but it was him alright.
                                                                                    Suspect I know how to parse the comment about a 'number of children'. Is he of Roma background?

Comment

This is him arriving at Court this evening. Not a great shot of him tbf.

Comment

Suspect I know how to parse the comment about a 'number of children'. Is he of Roma background?
                                                                                        Slovakian Roma Gypsy apparently.

Comment

I don't think that's the preferred nomenclature dude.

Comment

Jesus some media circus.

Comment

I don't think that's the preferred nomenclature dude.
                                                                                              Horrible cunt works better

Comment

There goes the non Irish taxi trade .

Comment

Surprised about the lack of commentary about that woman who was shoved to her death under a subway in NY last Saturday. Maybe It's because half my siblings live there that, I find it more relevant to me. That and I've spent more time on trains than jogging. https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/16/n...smid=url-share

Comment

Jesus some media circus.
                                                                                                    This is incredible stuff. Not sure I've seen anything like this before. Anyone think of another situation like this outside a courthouse?

Edit, in Ireland.

Last edited by Lazare; 19-01-22, 21:54.

Comment

Keep us all informed, that series was really interesting. I reckon hes a dour company man now low percentage reply but worth a try.

Comment

This is incredible stuff. Not sure I've seen anything like this before. Anyone think of another situation like this outside a courthouse?

Ghislaine Maxwell, last week.

Literally every big trial ever?

Comment

Horrible cunt works better
                                                                                                          Due process dude.

Comment

Gardai still looking for Bernadette Connolly, missing from Swords last seen near Donabate beach. Understandably lost in the Ashling Murphy murder but doesnt look good for her either at this stage of being found alive.

Swords gardaí continue to be concerned for the welfare of missing local woman, Bernadette Connolly and have issued a fresh appeal for help in finding her with new details about her disappearance.

Comment

Keep us all informed, that series was really interesting. I reckon hes a dour company man now low percentage reply but worth a try.
                                                                                                              Ah, I've only shown the postcards. The long beautifully written letters will remain private. He originally wanted to communicate in Swedish, as that was the 7th language he was working on. There wasn't much debate or option about that!

Comment

Ghislaine Maxwell, last week.

Literally every big trial ever?
                                                                                                                Sorry, I meant an Irish courthouse.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                  Gardai still looking for Bernadette Connolly, missing from Swords last seen near Donabate beach. Understandably lost in the Ashling Murphy murder but doesnt look good for her either at this stage of being found alive.

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/d...-41247549.html
                                                                                                                  I've been following her daughter on Instagram. It's awful
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

ghp7U6C.png
                                                                                                                    Let's gooo

Comment

ghp7U6C.png
                                                                                                                      Let's gooo

Comment

Apparently living on disability but just what’sapp rumours of course.

Is it bad that I would have preferred if it was an Irish guy because of the hate that this will throw up everywhere for all non Polish Eastern European’s and Roma.

Govt announce free money, a new bank holiday, 31k houses started last year and that we will all be back to normal in the next few weeks. Immigration will now take the top slot. Very unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Apparently living on disability but just what’sapp rumours of course.

Is it bad that I would have preferred if it was an Irish guy because of the hate that this will throw up everywhere for all non Polish Eastern European’s and Roma.

Govt announce free money, a new bank holiday, 31k houses started last year and that we will all be back to normal in the next few weeks. Immigration will now take the top slot. Very unlucky.
                                                                                                                          Not bad at all. Feel the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X