Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jesus. The amount of villification of that poor guy today and it was all a mistake about him.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The shy and introverted , the bullied , the soft touch . BOTH men AND women take advantage of these people. They may not be directly violent but they are complicit in the misery and potential demise of these PEOPLE. The narrative is tired now . ALL MEN ARE SCARY etc. Ok we get it , every time there is a violent attack we get it . Ive no problem with that until i see the cruelity by the fairer sex. . The bigger issue that UNITES the sexes is respect . Hammer home these points and stop trying to draw a line in the sand. Men on one side , women on the other . Its part of the problem. That poor girl was attacked by an evil human. Do we know the sex of the people who tried to help ? I dont. The way to progress is to focus on positives.. we never hear it.

Scenario. A woman beating the shite out of a kid or other woman. Do you intervene? What happens you then if you have to defend yourself ?

I remember in School being told every Joe Soap is a potential rapist . NEVER heard every Joe Soap is a precious human that should firstly respect himself and strive to be the best person you can be, promoting kindness etc. Maybe promote this and we might have less suicides . Some folk have nowhere to turn and they still hear the negativity all around them . Be ashamed to be a male on top of all the other shit going on.

Lets stop the men bashing , turn off the pressure cooker and teach our children well.

Comment

Btw Conor . This was the 2nd song i listened to from the guy you posted in MK. I think its excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Pretty sure Noel is trolling me with that post as I tweeted about it earlier.

I think it's about a lot more than that murder, the blaming men thing I mean.

Women are all over social media right now talking about the fear they feel generally. Whether it's not going for a run in the dark, like this girl, or not walking home alone, or being afraid to get a taxi.

We (men) are responsible for that. All of us.

We all know nobody here, or very very few men we know are an actual danger to women. Women don't know that though.

It's just about being aware that they fear us. That awareness gives us the power to limit that fear. Not walking behind a woman at night time, crossing the street when approaching a woman. Maybe waiting on the next lift when a woman gets into one. Little things we can do.

We're not aware of that fear because we don't experience it.
          Agree wholeheartedly with the little things like crossing the street etc - just showing that you are not a threat in scenarios where a woman (or anyone) may feel edgy.

I can't agree with your position that men as a gender are collectively responsible in some way - whether it's figuratively or otherwise. 99.99% of men wouldn't dream of committing such a heinous act as what happened yesterday. I can't see how i can be held in anyway responsible because of my gender at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            jesus. The amount of villification of that poor guy today and it was all a mistake about him.

So all men are innocent until proven guilty . i heard he was Romanian and the racist spews were diagusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Are all Muslims responsible for any and all Islamic terrorism?

Don't try and answer immediately - just think about how you can find the same question stupid for one, and 'have meaning' for the other.
              You may have misunderstood me. I'm not saying we're responsible as men, or to blame for any one heinous act. I'm saying we're responsible for the fear that is generally felt by women.

Maybe responsible is the wrong way to phrase it.

I just feel if we own it and accept it, that women are living in fear of us, whether we're good guys or not, we have the power, and the responsibility to make changes to our behaviours to alleviate those fears.

The Islamic terrorism argument is one I hear a bit and it's, with all due respect an ignorant argument.

It's ignorant of the fact that women experience uncomfortable interactions with men all of the time.

Fearing Muslims because terrorists murdered people in the Bataclan is irrational, and it is wrong to expect ordinary Muslims to adapt their behaviours to alleviate those irrational fears.

Women experience micro aggressions from men daily. It's endemic.

From speaking to women runners, they can't run at night. I can. They can't sign up to spring marathons because the training load can't be done because it's too dark. They lose fitness over winter months. I can do all of that.

Every one of them talks of cars crawling beside them, beeping and whistling at their legs. It's happened my wife on numerous occasions.

It's rampant and it's real, and it's lived everyday experience. Islamic terrorism isn't.

​​​

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Agree wholeheartedly with the little things like crossing the street etc - just showing that you are not a threat in scenarios where a woman (or anyone) may feel edgy.

I can't agree with your position that men as a gender are collectively responsible in some way - whether it's figuratively or otherwise. 99.99% of men wouldn't dream of committing such a heinous act as what happened yesterday. I can't see how i can be held in anyway responsible because of my gender at all.
                As above. I'm not saying you personally should feel responsible for what that bastard did yesterday. Not at all.

I'm saying good guys like you and all of us need to just be aware that it's a thing, that fear, and try do all we can to alleviate it.

Calling it out when we see it for instance.

We're responsible because, A, we rarely do that, and B because we tend to dismiss it's even a thing.

Comment

I don’t understand the releasing of the suspect. That seems strange. The comms coming out were kinda adamant 1 person, unknown to the poor girl, and two other women witnessed it. Seems strange to appear to be quite sure and then a 180.

maybe I’m misinterpreting things.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                    I don’t understand the releasing of the suspect. That seems strange. The comms coming out were kinda adamant 1 person, unknown to the poor girl, and two other women witnessed it. Seems strange to appear to be quite sure and then a 180.

It's very odd alright. I thought there was a witness, a woman who came upon it and he fled.

Comment

As above. I'm not saying you personally should feel responsible for what that bastard did yesterday. Not at all.

I'm saying good guys like you and all of us need to just be aware that it's a thing, that fear, and try do all we can to alleviate it.

Calling it out when we see it for instance.

We're responsible because, A, we rarely do that, and B because we tend to dismiss it's even a thing.
                      I do not know any man personally who is not acutely aware of this thing.

Comment

It seems he was a known dodgy character who was around the area acting drunk. They (probably correctly) went with the likely suspect - the dodgy person in the vicinity, but were wrong this time. Never heard anything about witnesses? What actually happened to the poor girl - she was running along and then struck down?

Comment

Comment

Apparently two women happened along the scene causing the attacker to flee. Witness statements pointed guards to the guy they arrested.

Who has now been subsequently cleared.
                            His name was all over twitter/WhatsApp earlier so he's in for a torrid time anyway.

It's a shame it was seen as an open and shut thing as whomever actually did it has had 24+ hours to cover their tracks.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone watching the Expanse.

It’s sneaky moved into my top 3 series. The latest episode was incredible.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                @ sp, I see our friend Novax is now lying like mad and hopefully digging himself into a hole big enough that the Aussies will feel justified in deporting the fucker.
                                And visa cancelled and no re-entry for three years.

In technical terms, Australia has given him the arse.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In technical terms, Australia has given him the arse.
                                  Wow. Now that's decisive action.

Comment

Wow. Now that's decisive action.
                                    Yep, fair fucks. A politician with the balls to do what is clearly the right thing.

Comment

No particular sympathy for Novak, but I don't like the way that it's been done.
                                      "On Friday, the Australian immigration minister, Alex Hawke, exercised a personal power to cancel Djokovic’s visa,"
                                      Seems to me something that only a judge should decide on.
                                      If Priti Patel or Johnson had the power to overrule the courts in such a 'personal power' way, we'd rightly consider it a troubling situation.

Comment

Golden era coming to an end . Wont see the likes of it again . 3 stretch to 4 (murray) superstars playing the game at the highest level possible . Mental discipline , the whole package . It really was an incredible era . Sad to see it Peter out like this

Comment

Anyone watching the Expanse.

It’s sneaky moved into my top 3 series. The latest episode was incredible.
                                          Actually just started season 3 last night, after a long gap since finished season 2. I do like it a lot, but it is let down a bit (seasons 1-2 and season 3 episode 1 anyhow!) with some dodgy acting. I find it so hard to deal with the Chrisjen Avasarala character, as for whatever reason I don't buy the actor's performance at all, which is a surprise as I believe she is highly regarded.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

"On Friday, the Australian immigration minister, Alex Hawke, exercised a personal power to cancel Djokovic’s visa,"
                                            If Priti Patel or Johnson had the power to overrule the courts in such a 'personal power' way, we'd rightly consider it a troubling situation.
                                            That's the Australian system. In fairness, it would have been much simpler if they had just rejected the initial application (which he clearly lied through his teeth on).

The fault of course lies entirely with Novax. Dumb choices have consequences...this is a good day. We on the Anti-Stupidist Alliance should celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                              Golden era coming to an end . Wont see the likes of it again . 3 stretch to 4 (murray) superstars playing the game at the highest level possible . Mental discipline , the whole package . It really was an incredible era . Sad to see it Peter out like this
                                              Realistically it ended 5 or 6 years ago.

Federer is a shadow of his former greatness (although still amazing to watch) and Nadal has only been able to keep hoovering up French Opens.

Comment

Yeah. Similar in the US, where Obama broke some conventions on the operation of the Senate and then the Democrats acted appalled that the Republicans did the exact same thing when in office. These feel good rule breaks often open the door for dodgier people to follow the same rule breaks.

Comment

So the Romanian that was found guilty on Socail Media is innocent. One for the Kayroo ledger.

Jesus i hope they catch whoever was responsible

Comment

So I guess it could be somebody known to her and not a random stranger.
                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                      So the Romanian that was found guilty on Socail Media is innocent. One for the Kayroo ledger.

Jesus i hope they catch whoever was responsible
                                                      I suppose we should be thankful that AGS were able to clear him in 24 hours and accept that their initial approach was wrong.
                                                      There was a program on RTE Monday night (a terrible title like Crimes And Confession) about a murder case in the 70s in Meath where the guards had their suspects pinpointed early.
                                                      But when the facts didn't fit the case they just gave the suspects a good kicking until they confessed, gave the witnesses a few thumps as well to get them to fix their story, and hid lots of relevant detail from the defence.

Comment

You may have misunderstood me. I'm not saying we're responsible as men, or to blame for any one heinous act. I'm saying we're responsible for the fear that is generally felt by women.

Maybe responsible is the wrong way to phrase it.

I just feel if we own it and accept it, that women are living in fear of us, whether we're good guys or not, we have the power, and the responsibility to make changes to our behaviours to alleviate those fears.

The Islamic terrorism argument is one I hear a bit and it's, with all due respect an ignorant argument.

It's ignorant of the fact that women experience uncomfortable interactions with men all of the time.

Fearing Muslims because terrorists murdered people in the Bataclan is irrational, and it is wrong to expect ordinary Muslims to adapt their behaviours to alleviate those irrational fears.

Women experience micro aggressions from men daily. It's endemic.

From speaking to women runners, they can't run at night. I can. They can't sign up to spring marathons because the training load can't be done because it's too dark. They lose fitness over winter months. I can do all of that.

Every one of them talks of cars crawling beside them, beeping and whistling at their legs. It's happened my wife on numerous occasions.

It's rampant and it's real, and it's lived everyday experience. Islamic terrorism isn't.

​​​
                                                        But it's the same argument, just a different 'crime'. That somehow there is a collective guilt owed by a group of society when one of 'them' do something.

In fact, the argument gets even more difficult to reason with when you move away from them even 'doing' anything, and instead all that has to happen is that they are guilty because anther perceives them to be a threat. This is irreconcilable with my world view.

I spent time in Kentucky and heard smart people who I thought would know better say that they'd cross the street out of habit of a black man was walking behind them. They would hide behind the argument that you're suggesting is fair, that this judging of a stranger based on their skin colour was somehow justified. And even worse, your argument suggest that the black man in this situation should somehow feel responsible for this perception of fear of him, and look to cross the road himself to avoid scaring the other person.

I'm trying to show you the cognitive dissonance by using analogies. We're all guilty of this to some extent.
                                                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                          So I guess it could be somebody known to her and not a random stranger.
                                                          They seem to be zoning in on the mountain bike

Comment

Realistically it ended 5 or 6 years ago.

Federer is a shadow of his former greatness (although still amazing to watch) and Nadal has only been able to keep hoovering up French Opens.
                                                            Hes world numer 1 . A fit Nadal still delivers .

Comment

I suppose we should be thankful that AGS were able to clear him in 24 hours and accept that their initial approach was wrong.
                                                              There was a program on RTE Monday night (a terrible title like Crimes And Confession) about a murder case in the 70s in Meath where the guards had their suspects pinpointed early.
                                                              But when the facts didn't fit the case they just gave the suspects a good kicking until they confessed, gave the witnesses a few thumps as well to get them to fix their story, and hid lots of relevant detail from the defence.
                                                              there was that horrendous story of the black kids accused of raping and killing a lady jogger in central park in the 1980s. it was pretty clear they didn't do it, but the mayor et al needed a suspect, and they went to jail for decades, until they were finally cleared when the real perpetrator confessed to the crime15 years later. Made a movie about the story "When they see us". Really grim stuff.

Comment

But it's the same argument, just a different 'crime'. That somehow there is a collective guilt owed by a group of society when one of 'them' do something.

In fact, the argument gets even more difficult to reason with when you move away from them even 'doing' anything, and instead all that has to happen is that they are guilty because anther perceives them to be a threat. This is irreconcilable with my world view.

I spent time in Kentucky and heard smart people who I thought would know better say that they'd cross the street out of habit of a black man was walking behind them. They would hide behind the argument that you're suggesting is fair, that this judging of a stranger based on their skin colour was somehow justified. And even worse, your argument suggest that the black man in this situation should somehow feel responsible for this perception of fear of him, and look to cross the road himself to avoid scaring the other person.

I'm trying to show you the cognitive dissonance by using analogies. We're all guilty of this to some extent.
                                                                ​​​​​​
                                                                The semantics could be better.

It think Laz is saying the fear is real and understandable, and that men trigger the fear. Being aware of this can help men modify their behavior to make women feel safer in situations where triggering is likely.
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yeah I don't get the Twitter heat on the Gardai. At least they have definitively and publicly ruled him out as a suspect.

Some of the vibes yesterday morning seemed to indicate the case wasn't a closed book anyway... 50 guards on the case, 'will leave no stone unturned in the investigation' etc...

Comment

It think Laz is saying the fear is real and understandable, and that men trigger the fear. Being aware of this can help men modify their behavior to make women feel safer in situations where triggering is likely.
                                                                    In the main WE DO

those who dont wont ever give a flying fk.

Comment

Was it not real and understandable for my Kentuckian?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post

Yeah I don't get the Twitter heat on the Gardai. At least they have definitively and publicly ruled him out as a suspect.

Some of the vibes yesterday morning seemed to indicate the case wasn't a closed book anyway... 50 guards on the case, 'will leave no stone unturned in the investigation' etc...
                                                                        I'm guessing that whoever saw something may have been a stretch away on the canal walk and gave a vague description of the attacker which might cover a lot of people maybe?

Comment

Hes world numer 1 . A fit Nadal still delivers .
                                                                          Sure but you can't pretend we are still in an era of three all-time greats battling it out for supremacy when two of them are clearly way past their best and semi-permanently crocked.

Although he has knocked himself out of contention in Melbourne so maybe the No1's biggest foe nowadays is himself. Here's hoping all the other GS organizers follow suit.

Comment

Yes, this.

The black man and Muslim analogies are flawed as the victim roles there are reversed, and the 'fear' in those cases is based on ignorance, and not reality.

Asking black men and Muslims to modify their behaviour is victim blaming, and akin to asking women to modify their behaviour in this case. Which in fact, is what we do.
                                                                            ​​​​​​

Comment

I guess the thing that makes this Tullamore murder all the more shocking is the fact of how rare this kind of thing is in Ireland i.e. 'random stranger' murders.

By and large we live in a socially cohesive, safe, prosperous society. We shouldn't let the inevitable newscycle commentary reaction fool us into thinking otherwise.

Comment

Sure but you can't pretend we are still in an era of three all-time greats battling it out for supremacy when two of them are clearly way past their best and semi-permanently crocked.

Although he has knocked himself out of contention in Melbourne so maybe the No1's biggest foe nowadays is himself. Here's hoping all the other GS organizers follow suit.
                                                                                Coming to an end. I know its the right decision but it would be great for one more BIG final with Nafal & Djk we are deprived of it now . Tennis suffers imo fk it

Comment

Coming to an end. I know its the right decision but it would be great for one more BIG final with Nafal & Djk we are deprived of it now . Tennis suffers imo fk it
                                                                                  I feel your frustration with Novax's Stupidism.

I'm sure he'll issue a press release shortly taking full responsibility.

Comment

Yes, this.

The black man and Muslim analogies are flawed as the victim roles there are reversed, and the 'fear' in those cases is based on ignorance, and not reality.

Asking black men and Muslims to modify their behaviour is victim blaming, and akin to asking women to modify their behaviour in this case. Which in fact, is what we do.
                                                                                    ​​​​​​
                                                                                    I think I accidentally deleted my original reply to this.
                                                                                    ​
                                                                                    it was something like

Do you earnestly believe that a woman in Ireland is at more risk from a random man than the Kentuckian is from the random black man?

I would love to see statistics showing this as have no problem being proven ignorant.

Comment

The minister didn’t overrule the courts. The court found home affairs decision to refuse entry was premature. And so reversed it. However, he still needs a visa, which defers it to the immigration minister. Who rightly cancel his visa for lying on his application (and in court)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                        The minister didn’t overrule the courts. The court found home affairs decision to refuse entry was premature. And so reversed it. However, he still needs a visa, which defers it to the immigration minister. Who rightly cancel his visa for lying on his application (and in court)
                                                                                        What is public opinion like down under? (I am assuming you made it back there after your wonderful and relaxing Christmas break!)

Comment

​​​​​​
                                                                                          I'd routinely cross the street if a man was walking behind me for even a short while. I wouldn't be racially profiling them though.
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

What is public opinion like down under? (I am assuming you made it back there after your wonderful and relaxing Christmas break!)
                                                                                            The general consensus is fuck him.
                                                                                            Everyone has been smashed with rules and requirements for 2 years. Especially those in Melbourne who had it much worse than Sydney. It’s a big slap in the face to people who missed weddings/funerals/holidays due to the rules if they wave it for him.

Managed to get out to the eat, drink, see friends after new year. So wasn’t on here much. But got out in one piece, got back Monday night. The disaster run subsided - although the misses’s 70 yo mother pinged Covid on the last day as a final ffs moment.

Comment

5 year old and 8 year old vaccinated this morning. Now to go to mass for an ol pray.

Comment

What was the name of the phone I saw a few on here recommending, around 300 quid mark iirc.
                                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1710366&d=1642159823&type=thumb THIS floored me
                                                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

On the subject of 'an ol pray' It'll be pretty interesting to see the results of the "what religion are you" question on the upcoming census. In the 2016 census it was 78.3% catholic and 9.8% no religion, a decrease/increase of 5.9/3.9% respectively.

I know lots of people probably put down catholic (or whatever their upbringing determined) as default even if they have no functional interactions with the church any more, but hopefully where people don't actually believe they think about it and don't just put down a specific religion because they did stuff as a kid.

I'd guess it'll probably be about 70/15 for those 2 particular demographics once the new figures are released.

Comment

I think I accidentally deleted my original reply to this.
                                                                                                      ​
                                                                                                      it was something like

Do you earnestly believe that a woman in Ireland is at more risk from a random man than the Kentuckian is from the random black man?

I would love to see statistics showing this as have no problem being proven ignorant.
                                                                                                      Depends on what you set the risk bar at. I don't believe women are at more risk of serious assault from a random encounter here than that Kentuckian is.

It's far broader than that though. Take the example of the female runner, excersising during daylight. I've spoken to so many who receive regular harassment from men. My own wife has experienced it. Running alone and cars slowing to a crawl. That guy is checking out her arse, her legs. He's not likely to do more than that. Do statistics remove the fear she feels in that moment?

Imagine yourself out running and being in that situation. I would certainly feel fear.

White people in Kentucky don't have those situations with black people to justify their fears.

Comment

Everyone has been smashed with rules and requirements for 2 years. Especially those in Melbourne who had it much worse than Sydney. It’s a big slap in the face to people who missed weddings/funerals/holidays due to the rules if they wave it for him.
                                                                                                        Good. Seems from the vaxxing stats that aren't many Stupidists at all down there.

Managed to get out to the eat, drink, see friends after new year. So wasn’t on here much. But got out in one piece, got back Monday night. The disaster run subsided - although the misses’s 70 yo mother pinged Covid on the last day as a final ffs moment.
                                                                                                        Good to hear. It was a spectacularly poor run of luck.

Comment

For anyone that disagrees with what I'm arguing, may I suggest putting the points I'm making to the women in your life.

I'm not saying that to be flippant, my opinions on it are formed mostly by listening to my own wife.

Comment

That was an amazing story and should stand next to Joanne Hayes as one of the most egregious examples of the carry on of AGS at that time.
                                                                                                            The story as told on TV kind of glosses over the part where the Guards tell the murdered woman's family that they are certain he did it and her brothers abduct and kill him and only get a two year sentence for it.

In the late 70's there was another similar murder of a woman in our area and there were many suspects and little evidence. I was approached in a pub by a senior detective I'd only have known to see who told me unambiguously that the murderer was as a lad who I would have done some business with and was distantly related to by marriage. My brother got the same story and the idea it seems was that we were in a position to get the story circulating. 20 years later they tested a dna sample from the fridge and convicted another guy they had interviewed and dismissed based on a family alibi.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

my opinions on it are formed mostly by listening to my own wife.
                                                                                                              Strange behaviour. Almost to the point of deviancy.

Comment

Everyone has been smashed with rules and requirements for 2 years. Especially those in Melbourne who had it much worse than Sydney. It’s a big slap in the face to people who missed weddings/funerals/holidays due to the rules if they wave it for him
                                                                                                                On the same basis I'm surprised by the lack of anger about the seemingly unending parties at Downing street, its as if people forget what they were subjected to at those times.

The latest revelations coming as it did from the night before that amazing picture of the Queen on her own at Philip's funeral you'd think would have them marching on Downing Street with pitchforks and torches but seemingly not!

In any sane world it would make Johnson an unelectable liability in future elections.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

On the same basis I'm surprised by the lack of anger about the seemingly unending parties at Downing street, its as if people forget what they were subjected to at those times.

The latest revelations coming as it did from the night before that amazing picture of the Queen on her own at Philip's funeral you'd think would have them marching on Downing Street with pitchforks and torches but seemingly not!

In any sane world it would make Johnson an unelectable liability in future elections.

You are definitely right about someone on the inside drip-feeding this out in the most damaging way possible

Comment

Was it not real and understandable for my Kentuckian?
                                                                                                                    I don't think it's understandable or even morally acceptable for a white man to cross the street because a black man is on the same path.

It's racism.

The whole 2A is based around white peoples irrational fear of black people and it's repugnant.

Comment

I guess the thing that makes this Tullamore murder all the more shocking is the fact of how rare this kind of thing is in Ireland i.e. 'random stranger' murders.

By and large we live in a socially cohesive, safe, prosperous society. We shouldn't let the inevitable newscycle commentary reaction fool us into thinking otherwise.
                                                                                                                      This thinking is problematic I feel. We do live in a perfectly safe country, as in, we men live in a safe environment. We're generally oblivious to the different experience of women. That's my whole point.

Sit on an empty bus and have a guy get on and sit in the seat beside you. Spend the whole journey afraid of getting off the bus.

It just doesn't happen us.

Comment

I don't think it's understandable or even morally acceptable for a white man to cross the street because a black man is on the same path.

It's racism.

The whole 2A is based around white peoples irrational fear of black people and it's repugnant.

Just so I know, which of these are OK and which are not?
                                                                                                                        1. I take my dog for a walk and walk behind a woman for a while
                                                                                                                        2. I cross the road to avoid a black Muslim man
                                                                                                                        3. A white woman crosses the road to avoid a white man
                                                                                                                        4. A white woman crosses the road to avoid a black Muslim woman
                                                                                                                        5. A black woman crosses the road to avoid a white man
                                                                                                                        6. A black man crosses the road to avoid a white woman
                                                                                                                        7. A black man crosses the road to avoid a white man
                                                                                                                        8. I cross the road to avoid triggering a white woman
                                                                                                                        9. I cross the road to avoid triggering a black Muslim woman

Comment

It's racism.

If you feel threatened you should cross the road .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X