Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever about showreel there is way more useless crap men have been convinced they need in recent years.
    I hope nobody here uses moisturiser for example or the ultimate in pissing money way , Gillette cartridge razors.
    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

My Surface Book won't power up & Microsoft tell me it needs to be couriered
      to Germany for repairs/replacement
      which apparently means five weeks
      without it because of Christmas etc.

If anyone has an old Windows LapTop
      lying around which I could borrow
      it would be deeply appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
        Whatever about showreel there is way more useless crap men have been convinced they need in recent years.
        I hope nobody here uses moisturiser for example or the ultimate in pissing money way , Gillette cartridge razors.
        I changed to different moisturiser just last week. Still use a razor from the 1970's if that's any consolation.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Wife has been at me for years to wear a sunscreen moisturiser, she must have bought me a dozen bottles of it. I rarely ever use it, mostly out of forgetfulness or meh-ness.

Do use cartridge razors though. A pack of six lasts me about two years. Only shave every three or four days and only change it when it feels like shards of glass.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Bah, won't let me edit out that second 'though', hate the look of too many thoughs.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Said the wannabe middle class person with a beard
              Get back to your bowl of coddle.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news SP - condolences to the family.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your Father passing Tony, you were a credit to him.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    After being a bit sick for the last couple of weeks and deteriorating dramatically over the weekend my father slipped away quietly and peacefully as the storm was raging outside last night.
                    Sorry to hear that Tony, but there are worse ways to go than at home surrounded by family after having lived a good span of years. We should all be lucky (relatively speaking) to get to go in such a fashion.

Comment

Awaiting the Frost-Dunne outcome with interest. Fascinating to see the way that the pros inside the weighing room have aligned themselves.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I use a moisturiser in the winter. Perhaps pissing money but it feels nice.
                        I'd be awful chaffed otherwise.
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Awaiting the Frost-Dunne outcome with interest. Fascinating to see the way that the pros inside the weighing room have aligned themselves.
                          Parts of twitter seems to think it's the meeja blindly supporting wimmin.
                          McCoy tweeting a pic thanking the lads in the middle of it was timed oddly, or perhaps not.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

McCoy tweeting a pic thanking the lads in the middle of it was timed oddly, or perhaps not.
                            This a horsey thing I presume?

Comment

I may be misinformed but to me it looks like she has close to zero support on the inside - to the extent that the even the female jockeys are refusing to back her.

So hard to see how the inquiry could do anything other than tell her to GTFO (or whatever the legal term is).

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

This a horsey thing I presume?
                                High-profile female jockey complaining of being allegedly bullied\harrassed by a journeyman male jock. Not much in the way of corroborating evidence.

Comment

I may be misinformed but to me it looks like she has close to zero support on the inside
                                  Will that matter?

Her word against his. He's admitted slating her once post race and being starkers in front of her to her disgust. Not sure BHA can bin everything. Even if they throw out half the allegations. I'd imagine he's looking at a decent ban at minimum to make this go away.

You can see ITV really ramping up the female jock angle over the last few years as the public are bought in. Easy to root for them, A not guilty on all charges followed by #ibelieveher carry on shite on social is something they will make sure doesn't happen.

Also may be misinformed. Just saying what i heard on OTB and in a couple of articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                    Her word against his.
                                    well, it's more 'her word against his AND all his colleagues, male and female'?

Comment

well, it's more 'her word against his AND all his colleagues, male and female'?
                                      Some of the language paints it as a little more than that, even from the defense.
                                      He also suggested that for the panel to “get to the right answer” it would be “essential to understand the weighing room”.
                                      Moore said: “It is hard to imagine a tougher or more dangerous sport. The weighing room has a culture which you have now heard a great deal about, from a number of witnesses [including current and former jockeys].

“Mr [Tom] Scudamore, Mr [Nico] de Boinville, and Mr [Richard] Johnson are highly respectable, impressive individuals. They gave their take on stuff that happens in the weighing room. It is a dangerous sport and they have to tell each other if they think there is a danger, including in the way they think one of their colleagues is riding. That’s what happens and has to happen to keep them all as safe as possible.”

Moore added: “If something needs to change, that’s for the future. That’s a policy matter, a political matter. You can only judge Mr Dunne against the present weighing room.”
                                      There's also a history of Dunne targeting her in tweets for ridicule.

I dunno, as you said it could be nothing but when "culture" is used in the defense, it's usually a bad sign.

Comment

Some of the language paints it as a little more than that, even from the defense.

There's also a history of Dunne targeting her in tweets for ridicule.

I dunno, as you said it could be nothing but when "culture" is used in the defense, it's usually a bad sign.
                                        Look, I actually have an open mind. I have no doubt it's a tough and unforgiving environment, with a lot of shit going down that would probably land most of us in front of HR.

But when you read things like this (valets) or that literally all other female NH jockeys are saying there's nothing to it, then surely that diminishes the weight of Frost's evidence?

Comment

Fk Briny is she cant take a joke . HR should give her a little slap on the arse and send her back to work.

Comment

Racing types well used to circling the wagons, wouldn’t read much into what the other female Jockies are or are not saying, I’m sure they all think Sheikh Mo is a gent too
                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Look, I actually have an open mind. I have no doubt it's a tough and unforgiving environment, with a lot of shit going down that would probably land most of us in front of HR.

But when you read things like this (valets) or that literally all other female NH jockeys are saying there's nothing to it, then surely that diminishes the weight of Frost's evidence?
                                              Maybe i'm mising something but most of the female testimoney is "he hasn't said anything to me" rather than "I didn't see it happen"
                                              as I assume "literally all other female NH jockeys" were there at the time of the alleged events?
                                              The leak to the press of the report and the overall smell of the story isn't quite right.

Comment

Racing types well used to circling the wagons, wouldn’t read much into what the other female Jockies are or are not saying, I’m sure they all think Sheikh Mo is a gent too
                                                Between Bryony, Tyliki, Rossi, Skelton and drugs raids in Monatrevin it would be a good time to be anti-racing alright.

Comment

Irish jockey Robbie Dunne found guilty of bullying and harassment towards fellow rider Bryony Frost

December 09 2021 12:54 PM

Irish jockey Robbie Dunne has been found in breach on all four counts of conduct prejudicial to horseracing after the disciplinary panel of the British Horseracing Authority ruled he had bullied and harassed fellow rider Bryony Frost.

More to follow...https://www.independent.ie/sport/hor...-41134538.html

Comment

Irish jockey Robbie Dunne found guilty of bullying and harassment towards fellow rider Bryony Frost

December 09 2021 12:54 PM

Irish jockey Robbie Dunne has been found in breach on all four counts of conduct prejudicial to horseracing after the disciplinary panel of the British Horseracing Authority ruled he had bullied and harassed fellow rider Bryony Frost.

More to follow...https://www.independent.ie/sport/hor...-41134538.html
                                                    Sigh. 2 for 2 in calling recent court decisions now.

Comment

Legal advice needed- I’ve a really annoying neighbour-Handy precedent in the Cormac Costello case - so I can go out and break his teeth as long as I pay a grand to charity?

Comment

Did a horse place double earlier. checked account and loots there, withdrew €1k.

Email a while later saying i owe them a grand as it was settled in error (one came 4th needed 3rd).

I check the results and see this is indeed the case.

What should one do in this situation

Edit - just remembered this happened before on same site and i told them to gtfo and they reset balance to zero. Think i'll tow that line and see how we go
                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 09-12-21, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                          Not steal money just because it's convenient to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Shrewd assessment of a bookies.

Comment

Ahhh you're no craic Hotspur. I was more enquiring how to wiggle out of paying them back and them being happy about it and writing it off

Comment

Ahhh you're no craic Hotspur. I was more enquiring how to wiggle out of paying them back and them being happy about it and writing it off
                                                                I just can never get my head around people who would do this but don't consider it theft. So if you were in a bookies and €1k were sitting on the counter you wouldn't pocket it, but if it magically were in your pocket instead of on the counter then you would happily high tail it.

Comment

Show them your Spunk History (steady on Collie)

Comment

I just can never get my head around people who would do this but don't consider it theft. So if you were in a bookies and €1k were sitting on the counter you wouldn't pocket it, but if it magically were in your pocket instead of on the counter then you would happily high tail it.
                                                                    If I'd never seen the email would it be theft

Comment

fuck it, it'll teach them a lesson and they won't do jack shit about it. Move to your next account and hope for a repeat.

Comment

Surprised they mailed you as they would scare some people and run the risk that they may never return to the site. There's an easier way to recoup the loots!!

Only similar experience i had was a Tenner each way on a 200/1 golfer who finished in a 7 way tie for 8th place (8 places was the market). They paid out a full place and not 1/7th. I withdrew and never heard anything. Never thought about telling them.

Eating Dinner last night and bill was shy of two glasses of wine. Wouldn't dream of not telling them as they just dished out a great meal and i'd feel awful. Not sure what that says about me.

Comment

Condolences on your loss SP. You always spoke very tenderly of your dad (even when somewhat bemused or exasperated). You both seem to have been largely blessed!

Comment

Did a horse place double earlier. checked account and loots there, withdrew €1k.

Email a while later saying i owe them a grand as it was settled in error (one came 4th needed 3rd).

I check the results and see this is indeed the case.

Edit - just remembered this happened before on same site and i told them to gtfo and they reset balance to zero. Think i'll tow that line and see how we go
                                                                            Fuck em. You are morally in the clear

Comment

Licence suspended for 18 months, no fine.

Comment

Surprised they mailed you as they would scare some people and run the risk that they may never return to the site. There's an easier way to recoup the loots!!

Only similar experience i had was a Tenner each way on a 200/1 golfer who finished in a 7 way tie for 8th place (8 places was the market). They paid out a full place and not 1/7th. I withdrew and never heard anything. Never thought about telling them.

Eating Dinner last night and bill was shy of two glasses of wine. Wouldn't dream of not telling them as they just dished out a great meal and i'd feel awful. Not sure what that says about me.
                                                                                Yeah I’ve pulled restaurants on undercharging me before- wouldn’t dream of trying to get away with even if the owners a cunt as they’d just take it out on the waiter/waitress

Companies I’d say nothing to if they accidentally paid me out a load of loot
                                                                                E-flow
                                                                                eir
                                                                                amazon (still have my old account though haven’t bought anything in at least 7-8 years)
                                                                                ​​​​​​​

Comment

If i saw it on the counter i wouldnt take it. If it magically appeared in my pocket i would start asking some questions. If the cashier handed it to me as a winning bet and i left unaware they wouldnt get it back as i would be none the wiser. If i was a regular in that shop and walked in a week later would they ask me for the money back, i dont know?

Anyway all sorted and no theft to report you will be glad to know.

Comment

Licence suspended for 18 months, no fine.
                                                                                    Watch all the other Carnies turn on the victim now

Comment

When you log in the balance is set at minus€x anyway

Comment

I've had a few incorrect payouts in my favour in bookies shops down the years. Must confess I never even thought of saying a word and I wouldn't do it online either - kinda think of it as a small bit of rakeback.

I'd always point it out in a normal retail setting though and hand back the $$$.

Comment

Yep you pretty much have it right. For a major bookies though not to a small business
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Talking of thievery I was in the regency about 4 years ago was frog central must have been Winamp’s or ipo. Losing 800 in the first hour went to the bar had 3 pints in way back saw a lucky looking 100 euro green bill on the ground. A quick pretend to tie my shoelace and I bent to pick it. As my fingers touched it off it went like a rocket. Yo howls of laughter 6 French men had laid a trap all I could do was shout bastards embarrassingly. Put it back we catch another Irish the security man asked them to stop. I wouldn’t mind I had just handed in a brand new iPhone at the time to Larry santo was for sure binning the 100.

Comment

I've had this before. I dont even normally check a bill but it seemed too low. No drinks on it so mentioned it to the waitress. She went off and when she came back she said the drinks were being comped and thanked us for the honesty.

Even last week in Clare. Paid for 2 pints with a tenner, she puts change of a 50 on the counter so told her before I touched the money i only gave her 10. Wouldn't dream of doing it in a small pub or restaurant. But if 1k landed in my online gambling account, that account would be getting closed after I withdrew it

Comment

The more news comes out about the actual impact of Omicron, the more optimistic I feel about it.

Comment

The more news comes out about the actual impact of Omicron, the more optimistic I feel about it.
                                                                                                  Yeah it does seem to be a lot more like a bad cold than the previous versions. Early days yet with it though, so I wouldn't be counting any chickens.

Comment

Feel I should keep a Covid diary. Two restless nights hot cold aches pains. Hard sleep appetite fine though. Has to go for a walk there in splendid isolation in a spare room getting meals delivered. Feeling a bit pukey now maybe the paracetamol or the hot whiskeys. No sense of smell can taste sweet like orange juice. Lost 4 kgs 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                      Feel I should keep a Covid diary. Two restless nights hot cold aches pains. Hard sleep appetite fine though. Has to go for a walk there in splendid isolation in a spare room getting meals delivered. Feeling a bit pukey now maybe the paracetamol or the hot whiskeys. No sense of smell can taste sweet like orange juice. Lost 4 kgs 4 days.
                                                                                                      Try a bag of salt and vinegar Tayto. I got the maddest taste off them that's hard to describe. Tasted like ventolin asthma inhaler and ammonia.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Try a bag of salt and vinegar Tayto. I got the maddest taste off them that's hard to describe. Tasted like ventolin asthma inhaler and ammonia.
                                                                                                        Sounds like a Heston special I’ll pass thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                          Dieters love this one simple trick

Comment

I am willing to bet good money on pubs being shut for at least two weeks of regularly scheduled time in January and February. What odds? What takers?
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Couldn't post that present to the brother in law. Post office advised not to as it's liquid. A bottle of cologne.

They said it will be scanned and dumped.

Had to buy it again from a UK site and have it shipped direct.

Jumped from 64 to 80 pounds* in that time.

Kept the other one for myself as my own Xmas present.

*Anyone else missing the pound symbol on android (Huawei)?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                I am willing to bet good money on pubs being shut for at least two weeks of regularly scheduled time in January and February. What odds? What takers?
                                                                                                                2 consecutive weeks? or additively?

Comment

2 consecutive weeks? or additively?
                                                                                                                  Consecutively, I'm willing to concede.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Consecutively, I'm willing to concede.
                                                                                                                    The usual wager? In.

Comment

The demand for testing post Stephen's day will be huge. Same as last year. 25th and 26th are the two days everyone is all over each other in a home setting. The incidence rate will be big. Hopefully hospital numbers aren't really bad. Can also see them shutting it down. Even in the week between Xmas and New year and into January.

We isolated last year as both sides had COVID and the kids had a shite Xmas. I'm shutting down socialising after this Saturday to prevent the same situation arising. It's fucking pathetic.

Couldn't care if I get it after that.

Comment

This is a really great Michelen star restaurant review

There is something to be said about a truly disastrous meal, a meal forever indelible in your memory because it’s so uniquely bad, it can only be deemed an achievement. The sort of meal where everyone involved was definitely trying to do something; it’s just not entirely clear what. I’m not talking about a meal…

Comment

The usual wager? In.
                                                                                                                          That's a hundred, with me winning if the pubs are shut for two weeks in a row between Jan 1st and Feb 28th?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X