Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the parade of children through the house to meet the puppy today seems to be coming to an end. Not like I've been wrecked all day after being on the lash at the rugby yesterday.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Anybody using Virgin Media for their mobile phone?

What are they like service/coverage wise - Presume they are on either the 3 or Vodafone network so coverage shouldn't be an issue?

They have an offer for €10 a month sim only which looks very good
      Yep, they're on 3 afaik. No issues with it. Visit family regularly enough in Kerry and Clare and always have perfect signal unless we are in a proper remote spot.

Comment

Man who helped Covid victim Joe McCarron leave hospital tells judge 'I'm the king and you are a public servant'.

Probably not going to end well for this guy.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            Man who helped Covid victim Joe McCarron leave hospital tells judge 'I'm the king and you are a public servant'.

Probably not going to end well for this guy.
            Is the dopey bollox being charged?
            hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Is the dopey bollox being charged?
              hopefully
              He was only in court today for a speeding offence afaik. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/c...medium=twitter
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Succession back with a bang
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                  Succession back with a bang
                  Better episode for sure but still feels like in the midst of a mid season slump.

Comment

Putting elbows and everyone who thanked his post on ignore. No way that’s anything but an attention whore prank. Not real
                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

If you want to get ahead in life switch to browsing on Microsoft Edge- seriously have never made a choice before that has seen benefits accrue to me so fast.
                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Putting elbows and everyone who thanked his post on ignore. No way that’s anything but an attention whore prank. Not real
                        It's an old clip from a Nerflix show called Paradise PD

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

It's an old clip from a Nerflix show called Paradise PD

Comment

Can you believe the pranksters voice was done by a 50 year old man.

Comment

So if we all like it you’ll be talking to yourself?

Comment

Does something have to be real to be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Does something have to be real to be funny.

Sorry can’t reply to this post as I have you on ignore

Comment

Its a funny comedy sketch. Maybe it doesn't reach the comedic heights of Dara Ó Briain but it made me laugh.

The question I have is the fan art from someone who thought it was real or not?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                      Reading Amor Towles "The Lincoln Highway" atm.
                                      Also wrote "A Gentleman in Moscow" think RD3 was rec ommending it a while back.

Very enjoyable so far. Characters have a John McCarthy/Steinbeck feel to them. Only thing is trying to dole it out a bit as I'm flying through it!

Have now ordered all his books from the library on the strength of the first few chapters so looking forward to a good read over Christmas.

Had a weird relationship with the Gentleman in Moscow book, it was very readable but the re was a lot about it that was very dodge. Will probably give him another spin.

Have been devouring the new Franzen book, Crossroads 600+ pages, only picked it up before the weekend and have been losing sleep to it, will be finished it tonight, if I wait that long. Looking forward to checking out reviews after I'm finished; I can imagine people hating it but I think its really great, easily his best and I probably more substantial than anything he's written. I ought to have hated that there is so much religion at the core of it but the characters are very well formed and there is some dazzling writing going on.

Comment

Does anyone have any recommendations for news sites for world news? Google news isn't really doing it for me. I use BBC world news sometimes and the Guardian. Would like a little bit more depth on issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Had a weird relationship with the Gentleman in Moscow book, it was very readable but the re was a lot about it that was very dodge. Will probably give him another spin.
                                          What was dodgy?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

What was dodgy?
                                            Dodge is not the same as Dodgy

The set up of him being exiled to a 5* hotel instead of the gulag stretched credulity also there were no shades of grey and felt more like received opinion assumed to be correct rather than any real exploration of what life in Moscow was during the period.

I remember you defended this aspect before but the relationship with the surrogate daughter did feel...well, if not dodgy then at least a bit uncomfortable at times.

Comment

Dodge is not the same as Dodgy

The set up of him being exiled to a 5* hotel instead of the gulag stretched credulity also there were no shades of grey and felt more like received opinion assumed to be correct rather than any real exploration of what life in Moscow was during the period.
                                              Wasn't the whole point that he should surely have been put in the 'enemies of the state' bracket and either shot or exiled but he had previously taken the fall under the Tsarist regime for a Communist poet? And hence got the cushy internal exile in the five star hotel.

I remember you defended this aspect before but the relationship with the surrogate daughter did feel...well, if not dodgy then at least a bit uncomfortable at times.
                                              I thought that was the best part of the book, the relationship between them.

Comment

Comment

Wasn't the whole point that he should surely have been put in the 'enemies of the state' bracket and either shot or exiled but he had previously taken the fall under the Tsarist regime for a Communist poet? And hence got the cushy internal exile in the five star hotel.
                                                  Yeah, I just didn't buy him outliving Stalin there and then that became a loose thread that I kept pulling at wanting to know more about what was going on outside the hotel.
                                                  But it was definitely well written and entertaining.

Comment

Following a tradition I always go on a rewatch when I'm sick. Season 2 of The Wire is so fucking good!!
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Actually I meant to post for a while but apparently there's a reboot of Babylon 5 in the works, I know a few people here were fans.

Comment

Anyone planning on visiting NYC in the future need to book a table here, looks amazeballs.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          Following a tradition I always go on a rewatch when I'm sick. Season 2 of The Wire is so fucking good!!

You know what the trouble is Brucey? We used to make shit in this country, build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket

Comment

Ronnie Whelan the worst commentator in history. Doing my nut

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

You know what the trouble is Brucey? We used to make shit in this country, build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket
                                                              I see our bet seems to be on track to be somewhat correct on the line of 28 we set. Up to 10 goals now in CL and PL, although the soft CL goals will dry up now.

Comment

Love your take on the OJ trial.

Do you want to have a friendly wager on the jury verdict? Walk vs non-walk
                                                                Ah, I missed out on another dinner by being away

Comment

So many new shows o just don’t bother with as they would take up time I could be rewatching Wire season 2

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Ah, I missed out on another dinner by being away
                                                                    How did the trip work out, buy any Tanzanite reserves or safari camps?

Comment

Black Friday has to be the worst thing we've imported from America. We don't even get to have Thanksgiving.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Black Friday has to be the worst thing we've imported from America. We don't even get to have Thanksgiving.
                                                                        Sales tend to be fake as fuck anyway, and its just highlighted all the more on Black Friday as we don't have Christmas to distract us.
                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Sales tend to be fake as fuck anyway, and its just highlighted all the more on Black Friday as we don't have Christmas to distract us.
                                                                          Yeah this. Terrible day.

Comment

Speaking of the WIRE

Comment

David Simon top of the list of people who need to log the fuck off Twitter and never look back

Comment

Fucking Ziggy, man

Comment

Fucking Ziggy, man
                                                                                  Played guitar?

Comment

David Simon top of the list of people who need to log the fuck off Twitter and never look back
                                                                                    They don't like it up em.

Comment

Some truck driver with a baby shark horn on repeat outside my office for the last hour

Comment

As opposed to who ?

Comment

FE6GIKTXoA4ZWAI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Comment

Yeah this. Terrible day.

Camelizer is my go to for these deals
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

As opposed to who ?
                                                                                              EVERYBODY IN THE HUMAN RACE

Comment

EVERYBODY IN THE HUMAN RACE
                                                                                                I quite like his rants , very colourful. As opposed to Stephen Fry who talks about biscuits . Never saw you using caps before . You need the puppy to sit on your lap.

Comment

That's class . (Pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I quite like his rants , very colourful. As opposed to Stephen Fry who talks about biscuits . Never saw you using caps before . You need the puppy to sit on your lap.
                                                                                                    We used to have a poster who used CAPS all the time...trying to remember who it was.

Puppy is having a great time. Much more agile than a terrier hence anything chewable is getting chewed, including a kids exam paper and my boots.

Comment

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F85137e5e-4cfa-11ec-a89c-4bee41baeb9c.jpg?crop=743%2C418%2C4%2C298&resize=1200.jpg

Classy as ever https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...sort-9rzjvsj57

Comment

DCU distances itself from opinions of lecturer who dubbed George Floyd ‘useless criminal who dug his own grave’
                                                                                                        https://www.independent.ie/news/dcu-...-41082650.html

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                                                                          That's probably the most depressing photo of the whole Trump era, foreshadowing a very dark future.

Comment

I'm sure a few of use were considering the possibility that was in relation to a local professor

Comment

I'm sure a few of use were considering the possibility that was in relation to a local professor
                                                                                                              i had a moments doubt myself

edit: ah its that guy.
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In fairness, I didn't think HH would have outrageous opinions on that topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

i had a moments doubt myself

edit: ah its that guy.
                                                                                                                  deets - headbanger weirdo?

Comment

I see our bet seems to be on track to be somewhat correct on the line of 28 we set. Up to 10 goals now in CL and PL, although the soft CL goals will dry up now.

With the following fixture list, I'm hoping for another half dozen by the end of the year

Nov 28th - Chelsea
                                                                                                                    Dec 2nd - Arsenal
                                                                                                                    Dec 5th - Crystal Palace
                                                                                                                    Dec 8th - Young Boys
                                                                                                                    Dec 11th - Norwich
                                                                                                                    Dec 14th - Brentford
                                                                                                                    Dec 18th - Brighton
                                                                                                                    Dec 27th - Newcastle
                                                                                                                    Dec 30th - Burnley

Comment

In fairness, I didn't think HH would have outrageous opinions on that topic.
                                                                                                                      Yeah, I wouldn't have associated Hitch with any sort of view on that case. But still. DCU Professor in bother over comments he made online. I just went there first .

Comment

We used to have a poster who used CAPS all the time...trying to remember who it was.
                                                                                                                        THE CLAMPER?

Comment

Also that Black Friday pic AFB posted is exactly correct. Have picked out a Sammsung (x2) for when builders are finished. Same price for Black Friday as it was 2 months ago albeit now reduced from an imaginary higher RRP

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X