Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The war on drugs sound like a mixture between Bruce Springsteen and Prefab a little bit sped up. No shade, it's not a bad mixture.

Comment

Find out where to watch movies and tv series legally online with JustWatch, the streaming search engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

No dodge, I genuinely don't know...and neither does anyone else.
        Sure, nobody knows with absolutely certainty. But it’s not hard to have an opinion based on the fact he aggressively ran towards and after him.

If you genuinely have no opinion, that’s fine. But you kinda need an opinion on that to have have an opinion on whether he broke the law. That’s why I focused on that incident over the gun.

As to Rittenhouse's, sorry Kyle's, state of mind and intentions though:
        1. We know that he previously expressed a wish to shoot people weeks before the murders.
        2. We know that he previously punched a girl from behind
        This is a violent thug, who ultimately acted out on his worst instincts, with lethal results.
        Not a great line of reasoning. But if you’re going that route;
        Rosenbaum was a convicted child molestor, attempted arsonist, had bipolar disorder, had stopped taking his medication, and had been released from hospital that day after a suicide attempt, and stated he wanted somebody to shoot him. (All of this is court evidence).

He was an individual with a mental health issues. And seemed intent of intent of provoking a reaction from somebody with a firearm. Somebody in their right state of mind would not do that.
        Rittenhouse, equally was a Walter Mitty with delusions of enforcing the streets. But he’s allowed to be by their law.
        The world isn’t always good vrs bad. Both sides can be wrong.
        This came down to lawful vrs unlawful.
        Last edited by Mellor; 20-11-21, 01:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          This is a brilliant summary of the whole thing,

Sums a lot of what I’ve been saying in regards to self defence laws, the first guy being critical and why they shouldn’t have been called victims in court - as that was the point of the trial.

It should be held up to show how the laws and society is broken. Instead will will be held up as a win for the far right. Republicans clambering to offer him a jobs, and any rewards he gets out if this is pretty disgusting and a scathing indictment of the US politicalsphere.

Comment

"Didnt like his tone your honour"

Comment

Solskjaer has to go next week surely. I'm watching them play Watford who are absolutely playing them off the park. Simple pressing and passing is too much for them to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Solskjaer had to go next week surely. I'm watching them play Watford who are absolutely playing them off the park. Simple pressing and passing is too much for them to handle.
                Probably distracted too much by that Rittenhouse thing
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Solskjaer had to go next week surely. I'm watching them play Watford who are absolutely playing them off the park. Simple pressing and passing is too much for them to handle.
                  They have so many great players, it's hard to understand how they play so badly. Down to 10 men now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

They have so many great players, it's hard to understand how they play so badly. Down to 10 men now.
                    They have no quality defenders, or more correctly very limited defenders.
                    Bizz can’t pass or cross and is positionally awful.
                    Shaw is unreal going forward but is positionally awful.
                    Maguire is a strong donkey.
                    Loff is a weak baller.

That said, there is enough in there if they were coached well.

They have no midfield link.
                    Matic needs to retire.
                    McTom is championship quality.
                    Donny doesn’t get minutes.

They have a wealth of talent in the final third.

Besides all that, Ole doesn’t seem to coach, he just seems to toss the lads out there with a “they’ll figure it out” mentality.

I was all for giving him a chance as I believe the management merry go round is bad for long term success but Christ, huge step back this year.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

He'll be gone tonight.

He high 5 McGuire as he was sent off. Fergie would have cut him in 2.

Donny showed something today, more than Mcfed have done. This loss today is on the board. International break and he comes back in the dugout .

Wonder who takes the team on Monday .

Comment

Could be wrong but i think the NY Stock Exchange (or some exchange) must be open for when they announce any manager departure, so possibly Monday if it happens at all.

Donny was very good all considered when he came on.

Comment

Probably the one circumstance where the question 'would you prefer the white bitch or the black bitch?' is acceptable:
                          20211120_152213.jpg
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

For golf fans, anyone who wants to hear the whole spiel behind the new PGL league idea should listen to the No Laying Up Pod this week.

My “golf isn’t a team sport” spidey senses go nuts but I’m also somewhat intrigued by the idea. Seems Rory is a big supporter too.

Great listen, 2 and a half hours.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Probably the one circumstance where the question 'would you prefer the white bitch or the black bitch?' is acceptable:
                              20211120_152213.jpg

Couch and puppy vying for your affection!

Comment

As a fellow Spurs fan I’m delighted we moved for conte before they did.

Comment

What a start to this game.2 great tries for France

Comment

Ooh la la
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                      For golf fans, anyone who wants to hear the whole spiel behind the new PGL league idea should listen to the No Laying Up Pod this week.

My “golf isn’t a team sport” spidey senses go nuts but I’m also somewhat intrigued by the idea. Seems Rory is a big supporter too.

Great listen, 2 and a half hours.
                                      cliffs? I haven't 25 minutes to myself these days let alone 2.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

cliffs? I haven't 25 minutes to myself these days let alone 2.5 hours.
                                        Similar to F1 model.
                                        12 teams of 4.
                                        Top 48 players in the world (although there are some exceptions like if a team owner wants to take a punt on someone out of college)
                                        There is relegation and promotion.
                                        A team is a "Franchise" owned by very high net worth individuals.
                                        54 holes over 3 days.
                                        20 million purse per week.
                                        14 million spend on the "event" per week.
                                        Teams win, individuals win.
                                        Ideally they'd want to run this side by side with current PGA tour (although I feel this is naive)

Thats the format, but there is a very interesting conversation about the current tour, players thoughts, the value loss to participants etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          Never in doubt some great play by Le Bleu but the blacks did look a bit further off than they were even last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Never in doubt some great play by Le Bleu but the blacks did look a bit further off than they were even last week.
                                            Amazing win,but I agree, NZ look exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                              Some result! Although all hinged on that intercept try by Penaud. If they skip him, the ABs had a big overlap and could have taken the lead. Some read by him.

Comment

Some result! Although all hinged on that intercept try by Penaud. If they skip him, the ABs had a big overlap and could have taken the lead. Some read by him.
                                                That run from their own in goal area was phenomenal also and seemed to switch the French intensity back on.

Comment

Great match. New Zealand were Rittenhoused

Comment

RTE is a disgrace . Just flipped over WTF???

Comment

On the off chance anyone wants to donate for the sake of a laugh friends I'm doing movember thing.

David's Motivation: I'm raising funds and awareness this Movember for all the dads, brothers, sons and mates in our lives. I need your help. Please donate to support men's health.

Comment

Sadly, Solksjaer has been sacked. Our one will live on though.

Give it Giggsy til en.... oh wait.

Comment

Really liking Hidden Assets on RTE, the program which took over the Kin slot on Sunday evenings. Far less hyped but decent fare so far.
                                                          Seems to be a co-production between RTE and similar broadcasters in Belgium and Canada, an unusual combo.

Comment

If anyone spots black friday deals on a Mac Book, could ye pm me please as I'm gonna have to purchase one to have it in time for Xmas. Was looking at Currys no change in price. Its the Rose gold one. Think it's around 1100 at the min. Tia
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Called for jury duty in the Four Courts mid December.
                                                              I land the day after, so thankfully will dodge it easy enough. Could of been a hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                Called for jury duty in the Four Courts mid December.
                                                                I land the day after, so thankfully will dodge it easy enough. Could of been a hassle.
                                                                P

Solks snaps @ 1.39

Last edited by dinekes; 21-11-21, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                  Mellor would be perfect at juror #8 with RD3 as juror #3.
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Random question for the BBV but has anybody any experience with cooking bone marrow?

Was cooking last night for friends and for the main, I was doing venison and wanted to do a venison sauce. Fairly straight forward, roast off venison bones with veg tossed in flour, then transfer to a pot, add wine, stock and herbs and simmer away.

Only problem was I couldn't get any venison bones (1st world problems) and the only bones I could get were beef bone marrow so used them but when the sauce cooled (I was cooking it in advance) it completely congealed and was a shit show, was totally unusable.

Only thing I can think of was that the bone marrow was too fatty as have never had that happen before but have also never cooked with bone marrow before.

Comment

Think with sauces it's something that's added in close to the end to enrich etc.

No real life experience of using it - purely from watching Masterchef

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Really liking Hidden Assets on RTE, the program which took over the Kin slot on Sunday evenings. Far less hyped but decent fare so far.
                                                                        Seems to be a co-production between RTE and similar broadcasters in Belgium and Canada, an unusual combo.
                                                                        I'm eally enjoying it. I also liked Kin. I think a lot of people are being too harsh on Kin with comparisons to Love/Hate while for getting that the first season of Love Hate (and arguably) the second wasn't great at all. First season was woeful.

I think we punch way above weight in terms quality that,we output. Making a show like that costs a huge amount of money. Kin, for example, will most likely only get a second season if they sell the first one in the US, they need the funding from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                          Random question for the BBV but has anybody any experience with cooking bone marrow?

Was cooking last night for friends and for the main, I was doing venison and wanted to do a venison sauce. Fairly straight forward, roast off venison bones with veg tossed in flour, then transfer to a pot, add wine, stock and herbs and simmer away.

Only problem was I couldn't get any venison bones (1st world problems) and the only bones I could get were beef bone marrow so used them but when the sauce cooled (I was cooking it in advance) it completely congealed and was a shit show, was totally unusable.

Only thing I can think of was that the bone marrow was too fatty as have never had that happen before but have also never cooked with bone marrow before.
                                                                          Bone marrow has a rich buttery texture. Delicious roasted and salted in its own right. As above I’d expect it to enrich a sauce.

The congealing i’d associate with the gelatine from the bones and connective tissue. Like jelly you get when the juices of a roast cool.
                                                                          I purposefully use that gelatine in sauces. It does congeal when cool, but back on the heat and it melts again.
                                                                          Might just be too much with the marrow on top.

Comment

That Argentinian anthem is some racket

Comment

Reading Amor Towles "The Lincoln Highway" atm.
                                                                              Also wrote "A Gentleman in Moscow" think RD3 was recommending it a while back.

Very enjoyable so far. Characters have a John McCarthy/Steinbeck feel to them. Only thing is trying to dole it out a bit as I'm flying through it!

Have now ordered all his books from the library on the strength of the first few chapters so looking forward to a good read over Christmas.

Comment

#Pray4Keane

Comment

Prayers worked. Enjoy celebrations Keane. Told you your boys would win by 1 or 2

Comment

Ah here..i was waiting for the coddle recipe...
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Wales womens singing of the national anthem was beautiful. Beautiful Kitty MV5BMTMwMTI0NGMtNmEwMC00Njg3LWJlZWMtMjAyZmJiMDAzMGIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_.jpg . Now do me proud +16.5

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Just gonna isolate and watch The Wheel of Time. Pharmacy are delivering us more tests and some new asthma inhalers as mine were a bit low. More worried about one of my cats who is definitely a bit off.
                                                                                        Why do the tinkers have irish accents ? <water melon joke>
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Feeling much better today, dunno what all the fuss was about
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                            Reading Amor Towles "The Lincoln Highway" atm.
                                                                                            Also wrote "A Gentleman in Moscow" think RD3 was recommending it a while back.

Very enjoyable so far. Characters have a John McCarthy/Steinbeck feel to them. Only thing is trying to dole it out a bit as I'm flying through it!

Have now ordered all his books from the library on the strength of the first few chapters so looking forward to a good read over Christmas.

Early into that 1 myself. Emmett father reminded me of someone I know .

Solskjaer gone , like myself hes just too nice a guy

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Why do the tinkers have irish accents ? <water melon joke>
                                                                                              Yeah that was an... interesting... choice.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is that you Joe ?
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

We seem to have acquired a non-barking dog. Quite spooky, when you're used to a yappy little terrier, to turn around and this black shadow is silently awaiting your attention.

Comment

How long did it take the second stripe to light up in the antigen test?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      #Pray4Keane
                                                                                                      I'm dead

Comment

I managed to drag myself the 30 feet from my bed to work now at least

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                          Could be wrong but i think the NY Stock Exchange (or some exchange) must be open for when they announce any manager departure, so possibly Monday if it happens at all.

Donny was very good all considered when he came on.
                                                                                                          It’s the exact opposite , you’re not supposed to announce during market hours

Comment

Went to Daire OBrien on Saturday and contrary to the previous posts which I tried to avoid, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was exactly what you’d expect and certain had a constant giggle throughout, worth seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                              Went to Daire OBrien on Saturday and contrary to the previous posts which I tried to avoid, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was exactly what you’d expect and certain had a constant giggle throughout, worth seeing.
                                                                                                              It's the BBV . The toughest gig there is . Sure even the greats like Twink and Linda Martin gets a rough ride on here .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

How long did it take the second stripe to light up in the antigen test?
                                                                                                                Very fast. Was barely 2 minutes.

Comment

Has anyone heard from GAB? Don't think he's posted anything since a few days after his covid test.
                                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                    Has anyone heard from GAB? Don't think he's posted anything since a few days after his covid test.
                                                                                                                    Is he not on a post-Covid Vegas binge?

Comment

Ah, that sounds familiar.
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Yep. Him and NewApproach were at the NFL game on Sunday according to their tweets.

Comment

Anybody using Virgin Media for their mobile phone?

What are they like service/coverage wise - Presume they are on either the 3 or Vodafone network so coverage shouldn't be an issue?

They have an offer for €10 a month sim only which looks very good

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X