This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    The six year old has me explaining E notation to him and is now trying to create new E numbers on his calculator. He doesn't seem to have grown out of his complete obsession about numbers. During the first lockdown, when he would have been only four, we explained the concept of infinity to him and he must have gone on about it for three months.

We've got a weird one.

The problem with maths though is that if you get too into it, you end up coming out useless. You need to like it but not love it.

​​
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Got the suit back from the tailor, fresh back from the Italian factory. Great fit, although he said it would be better to lose another two kilo rather than stretch it out with another mini-tailoring. The shoulders have that lovely Italian sloping feel that you get from proper manufacturing. The key is the design, this lovely modern look, dark navy with a light greenish check pattern, I haven't seen anything else like it in Ireland.
      ​​​​​​
      ​It feels like a suit you could wear every day, and feel great about it, rather than being all peacocky in style. Top purchase. Will buy again. Indeed I immediately ordered a cool grey design that should be here in six weeks.

The issue now is shirts. These suits are sculpted to you, as is the Italian style, which means that shirts with any loose fabric end up clumping and sticking out in the middle.

​​​​​​
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The six year old has me explaining E notation to him and is now trying to create new E numbers on his calculator. He doesn't seem to have grown out of his complete obsession about numbers. During the first lockdown, when he would have been only four, we explained the concept of infinity to him and he must have gone on about it for three months.

We've got a weird one.

The problem with maths though is that if you get too into it, you end up coming out useless. You need to like it but not love it.

​​
        There is no greater calling, you are just too far over to the left of this to understand

purity.png
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Paul, I think Stepaside sounds far more appealing. The only drawback I see is that busy road.

Our house is near the main entrance to our estate, cars drive by our front door every couple of minutes. It's a real pain with young kids.

It won't be though in the longer term, and maybe you should also look at it that way.

The bigger garden is a winner for me, so much you can do as Richie says.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

We've got a weird one.

​​
            What's wrong with being useless. Pure maths is the most beautiful thing ever for me anyway. Some people are poets.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Our house is going to be too small for a few days this Christmas. We have four active bedrooms and another room that we can put a temp bed in but will have five couples one baby and a three year old who will need a bedroom from 8PM ish.
              There are at most four nights over two weeks when they will all be home together and we are struggling with whether to try and pack them all in or to move one or two couples out to sleep in spare rooms in another house or rent a nearby holiday cottage. They haven't all been home for a couple of years and I think I prefer cramming in but not everyone agree, I'd rather sleep out myself than have them miss the time together. Expecting that this is the only year it will happen by next year No2 Daughter will have her house built and that will split things up a bit.
              Ah definitely cram everyone in. There'll be bouts of discomfort but we don't ever remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Paul, I think Stepaside sounds far more appealing. The only drawback I see is that busy road.

Our house is near the main entrance to our estate, cars drive by our front door every couple of minutes. It's a real pain with young kids.

It won't be though in the longer term, and maybe you should also look at it that way.

The bigger garden is a winner for me, so much you can do as Richie says.
                The area around Stepaside has been transformed. Its incredibly built up now . Lived there for a year in 2006 . Not the same place at all. I'd go for Stillorgan. Established

Comment

We've got a weird one.

​​
                  I read something one time, can't remember where that talked about how, on average, the offspring of parentage from disparate genetic pools can excel in life, both physically and cognitively.

Like a fresh mix of genes.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Studio audiences are pretty much told when to laugh, especially after an ad break. It's not a reaction to what's happening.
                    They laugh right after the reveal. Why ask them to laugh there it's makes zero sense . Maybe a few Ahhhh now I get it . Clever er r clever etc

Comment

Ah definitely cram everyone in. There'll be bouts of discomfort but we don't ever remember that.
                      It'll be the covid they remember.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

It'll be the covid they remember.
                        Oh yeah.

Forgot about that.

Comment

Oh yeah.

Forgot about that.
                          Looking on the bright side, the Passport Office will have at least half of them on the no-fly list.

Comment

ionapaul

Savings left over and privacy would fo it for me.
                            Would the stress of worrying about savings albeit in a fine house reduce your enjoyment of it?

Definitely nice to have a cushion.

Comment

It seems like Stepaside is the clear winner? A bit more space, a giant of a house, whats not to love. You'll be working from home more often than not, so space is the premium thing. One of the five bedrooms becomes an office badabing badaboom.

Comment

Just had a crisp sandwich. Thanks for planting the seed.
                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

We've been changing our mind every hour here! Leaning towards the bigger house in Stepaside though, despite the somewhat mad price. Partially offset by how much we're selling our own one for.

One thing that is crystal clear is that savings/gifts/equity/whatever is the main driver in some of the mad prices. As a household I'd guess our income is in the top 5% or so, and even still without big savings and existing equity we'd never be able to afford the type of houses we're looking at just relying on a multiple of our salaries, and that's a full level down from the more established 'decent family houses' in Goatstown, Mount Merrion, Blackrock etc... Most of the folk who live in those areas would never, ever be able to afford the houses they live in now, if starting all over again! Perhaps it's always been thus.

Comment

That seems like full endgame for poor Vicky. It must be just so desperately sad to both be the person dying in the prime of your life, and also to be the young family involved. Someone at work was saying that her mum died of cancer when she was 13 and she still remembers everyone popping around to drop off meals for her and the brothers and sisters when her mum was going through the process of dying, as the most touching and defining moment of her life.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                      We've been changing our mind every hour here! Leaning towards the bigger house in Stepaside though, despite the somewhat mad price. Partially offset by how much we're selling our own one for.

One thing that is crystal clear is that savings/gifts/equity/whatever is the main driver in some of the mad prices. As a household I'd guess our income is in the top 5% or so, and even still without big savings and existing equity we'd never be able to afford the type of houses we're looking at just relying on a multiple of our salaries, and that's a full level down from the more established 'decent family houses' in Goatstown, Mount Merrion, Blackrock etc... Most of the folk who live in those areas would never, ever be able to afford the houses they live in now, if starting all over again! Perhaps it's always been thus.
                                      Keep enough money for some new tiles and a few wooden floors young man

Comment

Drooling over this car.

Have often thought whether 80s style would come back.

​​​

Comment

Dara O'Briain was never much more than amiably amusing as a stand up imo.

Comment

Drooling over this car.

Have often thought whether 80s style would come back.

​​​
                                            That is pretty sexy alright- a nice palate cleanser from the horrible Range Rover SUV plug in hybrid Brian o Driscoll is pimping everywhere
                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Might be a hot take but should that kid who ran onto pitch during the week really be getting all the positive attention and getting freebies on late late? Dunno if there’s a sob story behind it but if not feels like it’s just encouraging stupid and attention seeking behaviour- fairly sure if I tried that when I was 10 I’d have been getting a well earned belt across the head from the ail fella
                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

ionapaul

VIDEO]https://youtu.be/O4X_bdJox8w[/VIDEO][VIDEO]

Hitches handyman is available if you need a job done quick

"Lick a paint"

Comment

Comment

Is white glove service a technical term I can throw at them?

Another development is that the Irish carrier wants me to bring to their depot LOL! In a phone call some lad was saying the that pallet was too deep, If that was the problem, I told him we have an expression as thick as two short planks that would apply to a lad that is too fucking stupid to use two short planks where they are needed
                                                    Yeah, white glove covers a lot of things but it's essentially for non standard collections/deliveries.

It can be as complex as delivering a server to the 14th floor of an off block that has no loading bay, steps up to the only door in and no lift in the building that requires the server to be installed when it gets up to the 14th floor with all the packaging and dunnage removed after so the server room is left in the exact same condition

Or

It can be as simple as collecting/delivering to an office/collecting a non standard pallet, something that needs a slight bit more grey matter to move

Comment

Can't link a Vimeo directly, but this is worth 4 mins of your time..

Comment

I can give you the name and contact details of people who can do it if you want to throw them in to the conversation

'Here Fritz, this should be a white glove collection and you should be using a company like *insert name here* to do the collection rather than the the amateurs you sent in last time'

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                          ionapaul

VIDEO]https://youtu.be/O4X_bdJox8w[/VIDEO][VIDEO]

Hitches handyman is available if you need a job done quick

"Lick a paint"
                                                          My handyman is a genuine delight. According to LinkedIn he is still a commercial driver, so he isn't stuck in some old fashioned home renovation mindset having just recently acquired his skillset.

(I jest in truth, although that's true about his LinkedIn profile. He seems excellent. The electrician seems to think he's done a great quality job anyway.)

Comment

My handyman is a genuine delight. According to LinkedIn he is still a commercial driver, so he isn't stuck in some old fashioned home renovation mindset having just recently acquired his skillset.

(I jest in truth, although that's true about his LinkedIn profile. He seems excellent. The electrician seems to think he's done a great quality job anyway.)
                                                            That's gas about LinkedIn descriptions and descriptions in general....the shop had a lad in doing plastering last year. He had gone back to plastering as his gigs as a comedian had dried up!

Comment

That seems like full endgame for poor Vicky. It must be just so desperately sad to both be the person dying in the prime of your life, and also to be the young family involved. Someone at work was saying that her mum died of cancer when she was 13 and she still remembers everyone popping around to drop off meals for her and the brothers and sisters when her mum was going through the process of dying, as the most touching and defining moment of her life.
                                                              My own Dad died when I was 9 , left a bunch of kids including a 12 week old baby. Only 1 photo of him . Cant remember much only the tales of his antics . Dressed like an old man in his 30s . Not a man to cross Apparently. I only remember one slap as he chased me around the back garden trying to wash my hair . Hated that ... Hard to know what life would have been like if he lived . Probably cleaner hair .

Comment

Britney is free! https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/12/a...smid=url-share
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  Watching a forgotten classic yesterday evening, Two Broke Girls and noticed Whitney Cummings as the creator !
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                    I can give you the name and contact details of people who can do it if you want to throw them in to the conversation

'Here Fritz, this should be a white glove collection and you should be using a company like *insert name here* to do the collection rather than the the amateurs you sent in last time'
                                                                    Might give you a shout on Monday if I need to change tack. I'm currently sticking to "I've done this dozens of times before and never had an issue, send someone competent and I'll show them which end is up"
                                                                    Thought about it and probably better not to make the white glove service a thing for the future, I have my own guy's for the difficult parts and its very expensive.

Comment

Down in the uncles this morning and found out this place across the road is on the market, just need to ship the Lotto/Euromilly now before its sold....

Glenart, 7 Hillside Drive, Castle Park, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14, 7 Bed, asking price €3,950,000, brought to market by DNG Terenure, Residential - 4545858 (rated C1)

Comment

Day 5 tomorrow -

Gareth 2.1m - 54th
                                                                        Downtown 1.7m - 88th
                                                                        Ballymorechris - 1.3m - 127th
                                                                        Glen 850k - 185th
                                                                        Lappin 300k - 282nd

291 left, back at 24k BB, $34k locked up

Comment

Punchestown As Gaelige this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            Day 5 tomorrow -

Gareth 2.1m - 54th
                                                                            Downtown 1.7m - 88th
                                                                            Glen 850k - 185th
                                                                            Lappin 300k - 282nd

Out of curiosity what price would you lay on one of these hitting the FT? 5 or 6/1?

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                              Might be a hot take but should that kid who ran onto pitch during the week really be getting all the positive attention and getting freebies on late late? Dunno if there’s a sob story behind it but if not feels like it’s just encouraging stupid and attention seeking behaviour- fairly sure if I tried that when I was 10 I’d have been getting a well earned belt across the head from the ail fella
                                                                              Ugh- so it’s the fathers fault really- this is nuts
                                                                              Addison’s father Peter Whelan is also her football coach in Shelbourne FC.

Speaking to Independent.ie, Mr Whelan said they “had a plan” before the big match.

"We had a big banner and we put it up a couple of times but he didn't really come down near us, but, we had a plan,” he said.

“We had great seats, we were in the second row behind the goal.

“So 10 minutes before the match ended the stewards stood up and turned and faced us, I looked at one of them and winked and said ‘any chance?’ and they said ‘not a hope.’

“But as soon as the whistle blew I told her ‘you know where he is just go’ and she just took off over the barrier and she was gone.”

When asked if Addison was scared about running onto the pitch, her father said: “Not at all.”

Comment

Day 5 tomorrow -

Gareth 2.1m - 54th
                                                                                Downtown 1.7m - 88th
                                                                                Glen 850k - 185th
                                                                                Lappin 300k - 282nd

Be great if one of these took it down

Missus is taking the kids to Finland early December. I'll be looking for a nostalgic game around then. Who knows could be with a WSOP winner .

Comment

Punchestown As Gaelige this afternoon
                                                                                  Lunar power was available at 4s last night when I looked, got on at 7/4 ffs. A friends horse runs in the last race (he's in the syndicate)..The Big Doyen..they are hopeful
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

They laugh right after the reveal. Why ask them to laugh there it's makes zero sense . Maybe a few Ahhhh now I get it . Clever er r clever etc
                                                                                    I suppose because the break anagram is supposed a joke. Unlike the final one.
                                                                                    There’s usually some sort of pun or innuendo. In the answer or the clue. But there’s only so much comedy you can get in there.

Comment

Out of curiosity what price would you lay on one of these hitting the FT? 5 or 6/1?
                                                                                      I'd be going 6 or even a little higher because of the chip counts. Do you reckon that group has a skill edge over the remaining field?
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

291 left?

With them stacks? Not sure I'd back one of them to make the FT if I was offered 18s

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

I'd be going 6 or even a little higher because of the chip counts. Do you reckon that group has a skill edge over the remaining field?
                                                                                          I dont really follow or watch poker so have no idea about other players left in fielf tbh

Comment

One of ye Rugby heads gimme an Irish punt for 1st tryscorer there please

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                              291 left?

With them stacks? Not sure I'd back one of them to make the FT if I was offered 18s
                                                                                              Yeah, was thinking 20s myself. You have to get a lifetimes supply of rungood.

Comment

One of ye Rugby heads gimme an Irish punt for 1st tryscorer there please
                                                                                                Backed Furlong myself for some sort of mad emotional try in the first few mins and he falls over from 6 inches out. 66/1

So you take the other prop (Porter) and we'll have both sides of the front row covered.

Comment

Probably No 1 on any list of 'stupid ways to miss a World Cup final'?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                    The man made a living from
                                                                                                    pausing and saying Aaahhhh before every joke sentence a fraud. Many poor Irish comedians especially the women who get plenty of tv coverage woeful.

Comment

Leinster v the All Blacks coming up after these few words .

Comment

Someone should have a word with Porter about the hair.

Comment

Kelleher FTS and anytime for me

Comment

Henderson starting always a bad sign imo

Comment

Not a fan of this ref, very fussy afair

Comment

Great Haka not seen that one before.

Comment

Surely yellow tbf

Comment

Game on. Nicely finished too.

Comment

LOL @ hes a mouthy cunt isnt he...
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Surprised they haven't take 3 there

Comment

Surprised they haven't take 3 there
                                                                                                                          Weird call alright

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X