Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few eurozone countries heading into general/ unvaccinated Lockdown over next few days maybe.

Another winter of discontent coming up
    ​​​​
    ​​​
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      How does the betting work in Kaluki HJ?
      It's a little bit complicated and there are several ways to do it, someone else could give a better answer than me. It's a shame Sam is gone I'm sure he remembers...

Basically you agree a euro amount per point, then add up the points at the end of each round and play to a certain score with various bonuses.

Comment

Isn't kaluki the multiple deck, 13 card version of gin? Aka mythical.
        Plenty of the Jackpot regs would know it well if that's the case

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Restaurants - Plenty on offer - Chapter One & Guilbaud's are the most high profile but places like One Pico, Uno Mas, Etto, Host, Mae are all delivering seriously good food. Alta Winter House is opening this weekend and looks to be very good but smallest table they do is 4 people

Poker - Pretty sure your only option is the Emporium

Wine Bar - New place opened on Fenian St, called Note (previously Probus Wines) that is getting a lot of good reviews - I'm heading there on Saturday night so will see if it lives up to the hype

Whiskey Bar - Only one I know of it the Dingle Whiskey Bar on Nassau St - Not a whiskey buff so not sure how good it is.

Meerlust - Why wait until mid December?

Brave New World Wine source and procure Fine South African Wines for Expat South Africans, Australian Wine Lovers & Fine Dining Establishments.

Dinosaurs - Natural Museum is still closed as far as I know - That's the only place that springs to mind.

Excellent thank you. Checked out the menus there One Pico sounds interesting.
          Alta Winter House, it's in a carpark?

Trip report on Note please.
          Thanks for the Meerlust source here. I buy mainly from 2 big online retailers who never have it. Assumed it wasn't available. Never thought to seek out a Springbok specialty shop. Suppose its no different to CLub orange from the Irish shop

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            I have a practical shower question. The electrician who is rewiring the house said to get the shower for installation. He then gave me some instructions, I didn't understand them, then he repeated them and I still don't understanding, and now I am turning to you rather than asking him for a third time.

He said to get a shower "that is gravity feed. Which means its coming off the tank in the attic"

How do you know if a shower is gravity feed? It doesn't seem to be a label that is attached to showers.

E.g. I saw this one in Woodies and was thinking of getting it because it looks shiny and a bit cool. Is that gravity feed? We wanted a pump built in also to get a bit of water pressure.
            Gravity fed is supplied water stored from the tank in the attic. The alternative is mains fed with comes direct of the cold water main.
            The one you linked is gravity fed, with a pump to increase the pressure.

You can also get a power shower, which is supplied from the hot water and has a pump to increase pressure.
            Best choice depends on how good/bad the water pressure and heating is. Personally I don't like electric showers.

Comment

Vacant lot in the row of shops beside me. Was driving past thinking it would make an amazing coffee shop... or gtfo.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A good wine bar - it's very dated and cliched but La Cave is a great spot to drink away a few hours (and they have Meerlust), especially if you can sit at the bar. The food is OK. Then go round the corner to the Emporium and lose all your AUD at poker.

That's 3 or 4 sorted.
                I sent my Mam to La Cave a few months ago. Made a mental note to check it out myself. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I sent my Mam to La Cave a few months ago. Made a mental note to check it out myself. Thanks for the reminder.
                  It's the kind of place you could probably stroll into mid-Dec (a) without a reservation and (b) not have to be faced with a seasonal menu.

December is the nut worst month for dining\drinking, in Dublin anyway.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                    Moneymaker is the Chip Leader

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chipcounts/
                    IPB'ers in 17th and 27th.

Ballymore Chris and Downtown Brown

Comment

IPB'ers in 17th and 27th.

Ballymore Chris and Downtown Brown
                      Glen the Iranian 37th to keep it neat

Comment

Could anyone please tell me what time is showtime at Book of Mormon?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Glen the Iranian 37th to keep it neat
                          Thought you meant Gholimoli there for a minute.

Comment

Bubble just burst in ME, bagging up. Glen has 770k (97bbs)

Comment

Nice feed of Guinness in Slatterys Rathmines yesterday afternoon. Everytime i go I say I should go more. What a boozer.
                              Walked up the match. Grabbed a pint in the Den for the walk. Match was painful. Left at halftime. Rang the Butcher's Grill and they had a table for 9.15. Another pint in the Den for the walk.

Gambas (The Bisque with these was beautiful)
                              Tostados

Chateaubriand
                              Mash
                              Cauliflower Cheese
                              Smoked Beans and Bacon

Some Red.

Thinking about it all morning. Was so so good. Dublin felt good last night.

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-12 at 07.36.04.jpeg
                              Attached Files

Comment

Bubble just burst in ME, bagging up. Glen has 770k (97bbs)
                                Ballymore Chris in 9th and Downtown in 43rd. The dream is alive.

Comment

There's something up with people these days.

Energy survey guy last Friday - "will definitely send you that report next week". Not a word.
                                  Lawyer for mortgage switching - "we'll have a Zoom call this Friday at 10am". Doesn't show up to his own call, not a word.

Our architect also missed meetings.

Is this just normal now or have I just picked a bunch of dickheads?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                    Could anyone please tell me what time is showtime at Book of Mormon?
                                    Show Duration
                                    The Book Of Mormon is approximately 2 hours 20 minutes including a 20 minute interval.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

There's something up with people these days.

Energy survey guy last Friday - "will definitely send you that report next week". Not a word.
                                      Lawyer for mortgage switching - "we'll have a Zoom call this Friday at 10am". Doesn't show up to his own call, not a word.

Our architect also missed meetings.

Is this just normal now or have I just picked a bunch of dickheads?
                                      Fking Tiler has cancelled 7 or so times on us came as part of the package . No notice just NO SHOWS. I shall not be exchanging pleasantries with him . Unless hea a minority then I'm going full Bernard Manning . I've got a taste for it now .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Fking Tiler has cancelled 7 or so times on us came as part of the package . No notice just NO SHOWS. I shall not be exchanging pleasantries with him . Unless hea a minority then I'm going full Bernard Manning . I've got a taste for it now .
                                        If stuck for tiler I might be able to source for u

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

If stuck for tiler I might be able to source for u
                                          Ah thanks Mr Balfe . The tiler was part of a job we refuse to pay on until complete , so we wait .

Comment

Having great craic with Virgin Media. Cancelled as we are out of the house for a few months and can haggle again as a new customer when time comes. All good, out of contract etc.

Last bill arrives which cover s 3 day overspill from the cancellation notice.

€120.

VM - "Oh yes Sir, once you pay it you can claim back the overcharge of €100 odd"
                                            Dice - "Me no banky -send me proper amount and I'm holding your wifi modem as hostage"

Same phone call now 4 times in 6 weeks

Comment

Having great craic with Virgin Media. Cancelled as we are out of the house for a few months and can haggle again as a new customer when time comes. All good, out of contract etc.

Last bill arrives which cover s 3 day overspill from the cancellation notice.

€120.

VM - "Oh yes Sir, once you pay it you can claim back the overcharge of €100 odd"
                                              Dice - "Me no banky -send me proper amount and I'm holding your wifi modem as hostage"

Same phone call now 4 times in 6 weeks
                                              How do they know you mean business ? Cut off a piece of the modem and send it to them . Tell them next time it's the input wire . You'll see , you'll see .

Comment

Surely no-one ever sends them back used modems?

Comment

No idea - they keep sending a link to DPD for me to arrange from them to collect all their stuff in a box

Comment

No idea - they keep sending a link to DPD for me to arrange from them to collect all their stuff in a box
                                                    Ours is in a box, in the shed. I think they just gave up ringing us. Not sure why or how they expect people to do their work for them. Plenty of Virgin Media vans on the road. Just send a lad round to collect

Comment

Went to Dara O'Briain last night in Vicar Street. Good show I enjoyed it it's a new set I believe. They dont do Heineken in the bar which is strange but probably an agreement they have with Guinness to sell their hop house the bastids. You never know how those Aiken chaps operate.
                                                      I would classify the as Group 3. He had a loving devout audience(too loving. He has a cane from recent knee operation and the womens were ahhhhh poor thing which is in contrast with Bill Burr ) so could do no wrong. Theyd laugh at anything, you earn my laughs!. It didn't half go on though. It started 8.45 and wasnt till about 11pm it was over. Too ong but if it was Group 1 you wouldnt be thinking that. I would prefer a one man show to do a set from start to finish but no there was an interval and the 2nd half was longer I would say. If its a few acts by all means an interval but you cant complain. Hes got a sharp mind, commanding stage presence and good ad libbing with the audience even though audience participation wouldn't be a thing I like as it worries me too much, just stick to your set ffs id be thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Ours is in a box, in the shed. I think they just gave up ringing us. Not sure why or how they expect people to do their work for them. Plenty of Virgin Media vans on the road. Just send a lad round to collect
                                                        Is your Mrs not still working there?

Cheltenham on TV3 today but not tomorrow

Comment

Don't know if you're watching but that's one of the more extraordinary things I've ever seen in the last there!

Comment

Gareth cashed and in the mix with 469K.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Don't know if you're watching but that's one of the more extraordinary things I've ever seen in the last there!

incredible
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                incredible
                                                                you used to be able to remount a faller in the good old days, did lead to some hilarious scenes of jocks being 30l clear, falling at the second last and chasing their mount down so they could remount in time!

Comment

Lad I work with had someone show up at his door looking for his Virgin modem today as he'd just switched

Comment

Been having a saga with transport companies and a German Version of LaoLao.

Very long story but I have a couple of ATM's on loan that I had to give back and am put under pressure to have them ready to go at the start of August.
                                                                    That involves packing them and moving them on a weekend to the lobby of the office, which is shared with other businesses but no problem as they are supposedly organised to be collect a couple of days later. Long story short between various documentation for lithium batteries and fuck knows what they are still there at the end of September and I'm being shouted at by neighbours and property management company.
                                                                    I have an email a day about it since and finally yesterday there is a truck coming to pick it up. Told they won't be there until after 2 I'm on the road when they arrive at 11:30 AM so I'm not around to see the comedy that ensued.
                                                                    Now I've done this dozens of times over the years and never had a problem but these are 800Kg machines with the weight not evenly distributed so when I'm told that they can't get it on the tail lift because the pallet won't go high enough I've a good idea what's happened but the driver has fucked off and I turn around to head home. Then I get a call, another firm are coming and I turn around again, and apparently I'm just 10 minutes away when the second assclown who has also failed to be able to get it on the truck and despite saying he'll wait until I arrive has disappeared.
                                                                    Some quality email exchanges with humorless German cunce today that end up with me sending "I'm not an expert but..." these stickers on three sides of the pallet might be a clue to what went wrong

He comes back saying "I assume the driver would have seen those and trucked from the correct end"

Ya would, would ya... this is not Germany FFS!

Fucking gobshites were lucky they didn't have it topple over on them.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      Went to Dara O'Briain last night in Vicar Street. Good show I enjoyed it it's a new set I believe. They dont do Heineken in the bar which is strange but probably an agreement they have with Guinness to sell their hop house the bastids. You never know how those Aiken chaps operate.
                                                                      I would classify the as Group 3. He had a loving devout audience(too loving. He has a cane from recent knee operation and the womens were ahhhhh poor thing which is in contrast with Bill Burr ) so could do no wrong. Theyd laugh at anything, you earn my laughs!. It didn't half go on though. It started 8.45 and wasnt till about 11pm it was over. Too ong but if it was Group 1 you wouldnt be thinking that. I would prefer a one man show to do a set from start to finish but no there was an interval and the 2nd half was longer I would say. If its a few acts by all means an interval but you cant complain. Hes got a sharp mind, commanding stage presence and good ad libbing with the audience even though audience participation wouldn't be a thing I like as it worries me too much, just stick to your set ffs id be thinking.
                                                                      Thought he was shite tbh. He spent 40mins on his adoption story that didnt go anywhere and the punchline was shit. Just way too self indulgent.

It's amazing how easily entertained some people are. When he walked on stage and said hello some wan behind me burst out laughing and said its gonna be a great night.

He finished after 11 too which meant I missed my bag of chips from Burdocks which compounded my misery. At least Christy has the good sense to finish up at ten to so we can make it.

Thought the bar service was pretty good and the lads checking certs and tickets were very efficient. Pity the act was just shite.

Comment

Yeah, new sport guy started. Dont mention the war.

Comment

Hmm, have a bit of a decision to make, need to work it out over the coming 48 hours or so.

We've gone from searching for AGES for a house to buy, to now having to choose between two.

A new build semi-detached A-rated 4-bed house of approximately 170 sq m near Sandyford village (just the far side of the M50, though no noise), bedrooms not massive, two story. 15 minute walk to work, 20 minute walk to a few different Luas stations (basically could walk to the Kilmacud stop in about 25 minutes, or Glencairn in 20 - walking to the former would save a good lot of time if you were travelling to town). A drive to the current creche, and the walk to primary schools might be bit much. Small development and very private, which is appealing; will have a chunky annual management fee of €1.5k, which is much less so! Houses well under construction, but not ready until January at earliest, and I think if we're told January, that means February/March more likely.

An 'almost' new build detached A-rated 5-bed house of approximately 200 sq m near Stepaside village, was rented out for the past year since construction finished and will be totally refreshed to like-new before purchase. Three story rather than two, with a big master bedroom & ensuite at the top. Bigger garden, no management fee. 20 minute walk to a further out Luas stop than the other. Close enough to the current creche and 20 minutes walk to decent primary schools. Probably 20 minute drive to work at busy times, 10 if the roads are quiet. If all went to plan (tricky as we're also selling to buy, but are going with a cash buyer so should be more straightforward), could possibly be in before Xmas. Road outside front gate a good bit busier.

Stepaside village is much nicer than Sandyford, many more shops, not sure how much that really matters though.

I guess reading that makes the latter option seem the one to go for? But it is obviously a good bit more expensive; not per square foot (a calculation I lean on *too* much I know, as it doesn't take location or finish into account) but in total. It pushes the total cost from very manageable with savings left over, to still manageable but 90% of savings depleted. Is that a crazy thing to do in a relatively uncertain world? Or are these thoughts too cautious?

Comment

schools are the key imo and don't forget secondary!

Comment

Thought he was shite tbh. He spent 40mins on his adoption story that didnt go anywhere and the punchline was shit. Just way too self indulgent.

It's amazing how easily entertained some people are. When he walked on stage and said hello some wan behind me burst out laughing and said its gonna be a great night.

He finished after 11 too which meant I missed my bag of chips from Burdocks which compounded my misery. At least Christy has the good sense to finish up at ten to so we can make it.

Thought the bar service was pretty good and the lads checking certs and tickets were very efficient. Pity the act was just shite.
                                                                              I might have been too kind but thats me as im a humanitarian . I think he is clever and will only play the adoption story in the Heartland. No way he'd do that in Birmingham or Newcastle etc. Thats partially why I graded it Group 3.

Comment

How many more kids are you planning to have btw? a large 5-bed speaks of ambitions in that department

Comment

I might have been too kind but thats me as im a humanitarian . I think he is clever and will only play the adoption story in the Heartland. No way he'd do that in Birmingham or Newcastle etc. Thats partially why I graded it Group 3.

Yeah, he had people lapping it up as you mentioned. All the ooohs and aaaahs. Wheres me jokes funny man. Here to be entertained, not depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                    Hmm, have a bit of a decision to make, need to work it out over the coming 48 hours or so.

We've gone from searching for AGES for a house to buy, to now having to choose between two.

A new build semi-detached A-rated 4-bed house of approximately 170 sq m near Sandyford village (just the far side of the M50, though no noise), bedrooms not massive, two story. 15 minute walk to work, 20 minute walk to a few different Luas stations (basically could walk to the Kilmacud stop in about 25 minutes, or Glencairn in 20 - walking to the former would save a good lot of time if you were travelling to town). A drive to the current creche, and the walk to primary schools might be bit much. Small development and very private, which is appealing; will have a chunky annual management fee of €1.5k, which is much less so! Houses well under construction, but not ready until January at earliest, and I think if we're told January, that means February/March more likely.

An 'almost' new build detached A-rated 5-bed house of approximately 200 sq m near Stepaside village, was rented out for the past year since construction finished and will be totally refreshed to like-new before purchase. Three story rather than two, with a big master bedroom & ensuite at the top. Bigger garden, no management fee. 20 minute walk to a further out Luas stop than the other. Close enough to the current creche and 20 minutes walk to decent primary schools. Probably 20 minute drive to work at busy times, 10 if the roads are quiet. If all went to plan (tricky as we're also selling to buy, but are going with a cash buyer so should be more straightforward), could possibly be in before Xmas. Road outside front gate a good bit busier.

Stepaside village is much nicer than Sandyford, many more shops, not sure how much that really matters though.

I guess reading that makes the latter option seem the one to go for? But it is obviously a good bit more expensive; not per square foot (a calculation I lean on *too* much I know, as it doesn't take location or finish into account) but in total. It pushes the total cost from very manageable with savings left over, to still manageable but 90% of savings depleted. Is that a crazy thing to do in a relatively uncertain world? Or are these thoughts too cautious?
                                                                                    reading that, it looks like you much prefer the 2nd one.

when we bought our house, we pretty much put every last cent we had, even had to borrow 10k to pay some fees, so clearly everyone is different.

what is going to make you feel worse? the thought of the house you could have had if you move into house 1, or the thought of having spent too much of your money and not having much left in reserve if you move into house 2?

Comment

Yeah, he had people lapping it up as you mentioned. All the ooohs and aaaahs. Wheres me jokes funny man. Here to be entertained, not depressed.
                                                                                      Hopefully he will have the show on point in Jan when i have tickets for UL...
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Lose the punctuation and you are at 90% Sickpuppy

Comment

Speaking of over enthusiastic audiences. I was watching cats do countdown. Before each add he offers an anagram to solve . Usually an easy one as it's more lightweight than actual countdown. Back after ad break he reveals the answer . The audience LAUGH?? it's the answer to an anagram WTF . If I were him I'd quiz them on it.

Comment

How many more kids are you planning to have btw? a large 5-bed speaks of ambitions in that department
                                                                                            Zero, honestly - two and done. But I imagine working from home, at least part time, is in everyone's futures right now, so want the extra rooms for offices, etc...

Comment

Stepaside good bit more expensive than Sandyford ? Surely proximity to city centre etc and the “prestige” would make it other way wround

never see stepaside residents writing cuntish diatribes about footpaths and footpaths in the Irish times which Sandyforders seem to think is their local village newsletter though so step aside for the people I’d say.
                                                                                              Last edited by MysteryGuest; 12-11-21, 17:28.
                                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Zero, honestly - two and done. But I imagine working from home, at least part time, is in everyone's futures right now, so want the extra rooms for offices, etc...
                                                                                                The bigger garden would be a huge draw for me. Obv COVID bias in the short term since with young kids last year and decent weather the last 2 years. Options to extend, build a man cave, a strewel veg patch in the future or an ole bbq zone over the medium term too.

Comment

TL DR . Yesterday was a perfect day . Despite the below

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Playing golf yesterday, approaching the T box (our T-off was 10.40) From behind came two men scurrying with their trollies rattling running late. We were about to t-off and they said, we had the 10.30 slot can we go ahead of you. The course was pretty free ahead of them and they were decked out in the latest equipment and with me being a fair weather occasional golfer I said, hey you lads go ahead you look like you mean business.

Big mistake, they were all over the shop resulting in my friend and I up their arses for 8 holes. They was nobody behind us so we treated ourselves to some extra holes (replaying etc). SO we played about 22 holes and were still waiting on the 17th T box for them to clear off. They didn’t once offer to let us play through . I don’t get bothered normally but my friend gets very antsy when he has to wait so I have to look at ways to distract him the way you would a child. Hey look at the different colours in the trees , mad that the rain kept off, St Pats have switched off in the league since they got to the FAI Final, etc etc wha wha … but he was getting grumpy. So the extra holes worked out a treat in that regard. Dunno why people get so worked up on a fine day.

Afterwards we went in for some grub where due to extreme starvation I abandoned my meat ban and ordered what I thought was a simple club sandwich. What came out was a work of art, I nom nom’d my way through it , drank a pint of guinness , then patted my swollen belly and thought, THIS is the fking life .

When I got home the 5 year old was in meltdown mode and needed to be taken out for a walk. Obviously seen as I had been out all day enjoying myself I got the nod to take him out when really all I wanted was a grandpa Simpson snore of the sofa. During the walk I was wondering who was harder to calm , my friend (50 yrs old) or a child. It seems the child.

Great day though, and I broke 90 which is excellent for a hacker on the Monty course. Low Point was on the Par 3 17th when my ball fell back into the deep bunker and my escape was a thinned SW into the Liffey.

only played monty for 1st time recently thought it was class, gets a bad rap, way preferred it to o meara
                                                                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Been having a saga with transport companies and a German Version of LaoLao.

Very long story but I have a couple of ATM's on loan that I had to give back and am put under pressure to have them ready to go at the start of August.
                                                                                                    That involves packing them and moving them on a weekend to the lobby of the office, which is shared with other businesses but no problem as they are supposedly organised to be collect a couple of days later. Long story short between various documentation for lithium batteries and fuck knows what they are still there at the end of September and I'm being shouted at by neighbours and property management company.
                                                                                                    I have an email a day about it since and finally yesterday there is a truck coming to pick it up. Told they won't be there until after 2 I'm on the road when they arrive at 11:30 AM so I'm not around to see the comedy that ensued.
                                                                                                    Now I've done this dozens of times over the years and never had a problem but these are 800Kg machines with the weight not evenly distributed so when I'm told that they can't get it on the tail lift because the pallet won't go high enough I've a good idea what's happened but the driver has fucked off and I turn around to head home. Then I get a call, another firm are coming and I turn around again, and apparently I'm just 10 minutes away when the second assclown who has also failed to be able to get it on the truck and despite saying he'll wait until I arrive has disappeared.
                                                                                                    Some quality email exchanges with humorless German cunce today that end up with me sending "I'm not an expert but..." these stickers on three sides of the pallet might be a clue to what went wrong

He comes back saying "I assume the driver would have seen those and trucked from the correct end"

Ya would, would ya... this is not Germany FFS!

Fucking gobshites were lucky they didn't have it topple over on them.

My guess is that they just used a bog standard haulier for the collection rather than spending a few extra quid and getting a white glove service like it should be done

Pay peanuts and all that...

Comment

I think it was mid - late 2019 when I last saw him. He was good but not constant laughing out loud but more the story held your interest with laughs intertwined. I reckon he defo has slightly different material or hams up some of it for the Irish market.

I went to see Colm O'Reegan a few months ago who I'd seen before and was very good but by Jesus, he was woeful. He was clearly very nervous and was either his first gig in almost two years or was trying new material that needed a lot of work but huge amounts of it were about Covid which was just depressing. I'm out for a laugh and a good time not to be constantly reminded of the shit show that was the last year or so.

Comment

Speaking of over enthusiastic audiences. I was watching cats do countdown. Before each add he offers an anagram to solve . Usually an easy one as it's more lightweight than actual countdown. Back after ad break he reveals the answer . The audience LAUGH?? it's the answer to an anagram WTF . If I were him I'd quiz them on it.
                                                                                                        Studio audiences are pretty much told when to laugh, especially after an ad break. It's not a reaction to what's happening.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I think it was mid - late 2019 when I last saw him. He was good but not constant laughing out loud but more the story held your interest with laughs intertwined. I reckon he defo has slightly different material or hams up some of it for the Irish market.

I went to see Colm O'Regan a few months ago who I'd seen before and was very good but by Jesus, he was woeful. He was clearly very nervous and was either his first gig in almost two years or was trying new material that needed a lot of work but huge amounts of it were about Covid which was just depressing. I'm out for a laugh and a good time not to be constantly reminded of the shit show that was the last year or so.
                                                                                                          I hear you. Thats exactly as he is now. Definitely hams up some of the past material like the testicle he had removed. Now it was never removed it just disappeared in his body somehow like a tooth. I suppose the standup comedy puts a toll on many remerging acts after such a layup and COR might be suffering as a consequence. Im loath to disparage iit as its such a fine art.

Re Dobby. So much respect for Dobby, Not sure what hes studying but Dobby is a natural journalist imo. Hes steadfast in his opinion as runs his opinion strong. Add if it knocks a nose out of joint even one who hes friendly with he goes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

my wife absolutely loves the black truffle ones
                                                                                                            I bought a pack of the Jamon Iberico ones in my local wanker food emporium earlier. Thought it best start with that as a gateway drug before getting hooked on the black truffle.

Tell your wife I'm expecting great things.

Comment

My guess is that they just used a bog standard haulier for the collection rather than spending a few extra quid and getting a white glove service like it should be done

Pay peanuts and all that...
                                                                                                              Is white glove service a technical term I can throw at them?

Another development is that the Irish carrier wants me to bring to their depot LOL! In a phone call some lad was saying the that pallet was too deep, If that was the problem, I told him we have an expression as thick as two short planks that would apply to a lad that is too fucking stupid to use two short planks where they are needed

Comment

Hmm, have a bit of a decision to make, need to work it out over the coming 48 hours or so.?
                                                                                                                No advice other than you already know what you want, just got to uncomplicate it and go with the small things that might give you long term value.

Comment

Our house is going to be too small for a few days this Christmas. We have four active bedrooms and another room that we can put a temp bed in but will have five couples one baby and a three year old who will need a bedroom from 8PM ish.
                                                                                                                  There are at most four nights over two weeks when they will all be home together and we are struggling with whether to try and pack them all in or to move one or two couples out to sleep in spare rooms in another house or rent a nearby holiday cottage. They haven't all been home for a couple of years and I think I prefer cramming in but not everyone agree, I'd rather sleep out myself than have them miss the time together. Expecting that this is the only year it will happen by next year No2 Daughter will have her house built and that will split things up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

only played monty for 1st time recently thought it was class, gets a bad rap, way preferred it to o meara
                                                                                                                    Me too , although the par 5 on the back 9 over the water is class on the O'Meara hole . I always go for it and always get wet .

Comment

Mark Leishman to be 2nd round leader in the Texas golf is not the worst bet you'll ever do.

18s . Typo
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-11-21, 21:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Our house is going to be too small for a few days this Christmas. We have four active bedrooms and another room that we can put a temp bed in but will have five couples one baby and a three year old who will need a bedroom from 8PM ish.
                                                                                                                        There are at most four nights over two weeks when they will all be home together and we are struggling with whether to try and pack them all in or to move one or two couples out to sleep in spare rooms in another house or rent a nearby holiday cottage. They haven't all been home for a couple of years and I think I prefer cramming in but not everyone agree, I'd rather sleep out myself than have them miss the time together. Expecting that this is the only year it will happen by next year No2 Daughter will have her house built and that will split things up a bit.
                                                                                                                        Maybe ask them SP after all they have to listen to Daddy ranting at clouds .

Comment

The six year old has me explaining E notation to him and is now trying to create new E numbers on his calculator. He doesn't seem to have grown out of his complete obsession about numbers. During the first lockdown, when he would have been only four, we explained the concept of infinity to him and he must have gone on about it for three months.

We've got a weird one.

The problem with maths though is that if you get too into it, you end up coming out useless. You need to like it but not love it.

​​
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X