Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too early to schedule a Meerlust party for around 2025?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Never been a sci-fi person in books or film and never will be. No idea why, it's just not a genre that appeals.

Yeah, I wouldn't be big into sci-fi, although I did really enjoy Star Trek TNG - I'm guessing the three references I made to in my post went right over your head?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Yeah, it's just a snack. You don't need breakfast, though it's a myth. You have trained your mind to expect food in the morning and your brain misses the insulin response.
        Science of Sport did a great podcast on sleep recently. Had an expert on. She said there are two types of people, larks and owls. Morning people and night people and that morning people generally wake up hungry while night people can go until lunch.

I tend to flip between myself.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
          Is it too early to schedule a Meerlust party for around 2025?
          The KWM wine arrived yesterday, must give them props for efficiency (and well priced too). Not sure how it works but they seem to keep € prices low but selling out of NI.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

ENG\NZ kicking off in the T20 WC semi-final right now. Eoin Morgan bidding to become a double WC-winning captain.

Although if anyone remembers the 2019 WC final drama-fest, you would have to funk for NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Science of Sport did a great podcast on sleep recently. Had an expert on. She said there are two types of people, larks and owls. Morning people and night people and that morning people generally wake up hungry while night people can go until lunch.

I rarely eat Breakfast outside of a banana. Definite night owl
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

How do you get inside a banana
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

This is interesting but I doubt there is much science behind it - it's the type of thing that sounds plausible because it just confirms whatever people are already doing. The expert might be an expert on diet but probably not nutrition.

"Night" and "Day" people are going to be such weird categories with different characteristics this sort of analysis is useless. Maybe "night" people tend to eat later in the day, or have less time in the morning etc. Either group can train themselves to not want to eat in the morning if they want to.

Comment

HJ should set up a lifecoaching business. Doling out free advice on here to suck us in.

Comment

Confirmed night person and rarely get hungry before lunch.
                      airport, lol

Comment

There are few enough pleasures in life to NOT WANT to eat. I've trained myself to eat morning, noon and night. I draw the line at Watermelon. If you ever spot me eating watermelon. Feel free to snap my neck as you will be encountering a body snatch invasion. I will be asleep in a room close by. Liberate me.

Comment

i'm a day person and never wake up hungry. i always have to wait a couple of hours before breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

The great Sean Lock said " always remember, banana to mouth and not mouth to banana"
                            airport, lol

Comment

ENG\NZ kicking off in the T20 WC semi-final right now. Eoin Morgan bidding to become a double WC-winning captain.

Although if anyone remembers the 2019 WC final drama-fest, you would have to funk for NZ.
                              Getting pretty tight into the last 3 overs

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                i'm a day person and never wake up hungry. i always have to wait a couple of hours before breakfast
                                I've been chained to my desk all day and bar a coffee and a ginger snap, havent eaten all day.
                                This is pretty standard for me
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

crazy last couple of overs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I've been chained to my desk all day and bar a coffee and a ginger snap, havent eaten all day.
                                    This is pretty standard for me
                                    I'm ready to kill people and break things if I don't get fed by 1pm. Would eat a light breakfast, yoghurt and granola or 1x egg and toast.

Comment

crazy last couple of overs!!!
                                      NZ deserve a win. They got absolutely ridden in that 50 over final.

Comment

NZ deserve a win. They got absolutely ridden in that 50 over final.
                                        that Jordan over was the death of England, although Woakes rhymes with Chokes Too!!

Comment

that Jordan over was the death of England, although Woakes rhymes with Chokes Too!!
                                          It was the two consecutive balls where Bairstow first touched the rope as he flicked the ball back to Livingstone (6 runs instead of zero and a wicket) and then the ball landed between the two of them when very catchable that lost the game imo.

Hopefully Pakistan get past the Aussies tomorrow.

Comment

Anybody know any bots to book classes in flyefit?

Comment

A few right porkers here saying they don’t eat must be very serious water retention you know who you are.

Comment

It was the two consecutive balls where Bairstow first touched the rope as he flicked the ball back to Livingstone (6 runs instead of zero and a wicket) and then the ball landed between the two of them when very catchable that lost the game imo.

Hopefully Pakistan get past the Aussies tomorrow.
                                                Why do you want the auld pakis to win ? David Warner bring a cunt ? They have played the best cricket this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Why do you want the auld pakis to win ? David Warner bring a cunt ? They have played the best cricket this far.
                                                  David Warner is indeed a bollix. And Pakistan have been great in this WC. Two good reasons imo.

Although I'd prefer to see NZ win the whole shebang.

Comment

Ironically enough, GE just confirmed their plans to break themselves up this week.

I worked there on a 6-month contract once; it was the most ludicrously bureaucratic place I have ever set foot in.
                                                    Yes I followed it closely yday, amazing turnaround in strategy for a company once famed for it. I, personally, can’t see you can ever get a 200k staff company to work efficiently.

Comment

LOL- imagine the whinging from sandymount residents
                                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Genuinely most tragic thing about the above map is how many of our best links courses are going to be fucked- needs to be serious money put into protecting these
                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Hard to believe that it's ten years ago today when we could afford to hire staff to carry my coffee

Who among us is going to walk by and not help a struggling geriatric with shaky hands?

Comment

Ironically I actually develop extreme shakes if I ever have to carry a hot drink and that incident mildly traumatized me. It's kind of impressive that SP went to the effort of orchestrating a whole kerfuffle about the company buying all the employees coffee or something and it was 100% done purely to get a picture of me holding some coffee.

At this point I'm going on the record to state that he also used to cheat at Werewolf by trying to trick me into revealing info to him in the canteen.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                              LOL- imagine the whinging from Sandymount residents
                                                              Cool website. Nice to see Howth will become an Island. Maybe they will declare independence.

howth jpg.JPG

Attached Files

Comment

Cool website. Nice to see Howth will become an Island. Maybe they will declare independence.

howth jpg.JPG
                                                                The Isle of Cunts
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  There are few enough pleasures in life to NOT WANT to eat. I've trained myself to eat morning, noon and night. I draw the line at Watermelon. If you ever spot me eating watermelon. Feel free to snap my neck as you will be encountering a body snatch invasion. I will be asleep in a room close by. Liberate me.

I heard you carried a watermelon...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                    A few right porkers here saying they don’t eat must be very serious water retention you know who you are.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hate when I miss the joke or is it referring to my food pouch ? In which case quite true atm . Been a WIP for 30 years . Had dinner in Carton House today post golf. The Chef is amazing . No dessert .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Hate when I miss the joke or is it referring to my food pouch ? In which case quite true atm . Been a WIP for 30 years . Had dinner in Carton House today post golf. The Chef is amazing . No dessert .
                                                                          'I carried a watermelon' - Famous line from Dirty Dancing. Up there with 'Nobody puts baby in a corner'

With three older sisters, that film must have been played about 4 million times in my house when I was a kid to the point that I could still nearly recite it word for word.

Comment

'I carried a watermelon' - Famous line from Dirty Dancing.
                                                                            Hey, some of us were in college when that came out, and have managed to avoid it so far.

Comment

I've had a cup of coffee and a Fulfil bar for breakfast for maybe the last three months. At this stage it would feel odd to eat anything else. I suspect its the best possible breakfast. Lovely taste, 20g of protein to last you for a bit, and some vitamins to do whatever they do.
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Been spending a lot of time on the Long Mile Road recently as there's loads of house related stuff there. Wandered into the Farmhouse Cafe the other day for the first time. A slightly ramshackle looking place on the outside but loads of traffic going in and out. Wow, what a lunch place. Had the Spanish stew there last week and the flavour was ridiculous. A breakfast bap on Monday and there's no competition its the best bap i ever had. They make all the bread on the site and seems to be their speciality. The bread that came with the Spanish stew, I've not quite seen anything as springy as it. That breakfast bap roll was amazing.

Judge it within its category of 'breakfast / lunch style workman's cafe, definitely, but its well up there. I'd nearly make a trip to eat there again. The reviews on google are outstanding. People literally salivating into their reviews.

Comment

'I carried a watermelon' - Famous line from Dirty Dancing. Up there with 'Nobody puts baby in a corner'

With three older sisters, that film must have been played about 4 million times in my house when I was a kid to the point that I could still nearly recite it word for word.
                                                                                  Yer wan was Ferris Bullers sister, she got very ballsey after Durty Dancing .

Comment

Yeah, it's just a snack. You don't need breakfast, though it's a myth. You have trained your mind to expect food in the morning and your brain misses the insulin response.
                                                                                    What's the solution to the morning coffee wank? Just because it's not needed, doesn't mean it's easy to give up.

Comment

At least Northside Shopping Centre will be ok
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Sometimes you eat the watermelon and sometimes the watermelon eats you. (Kinky Friedman)

Makes ya think.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                          At least Northside Shopping Centre will be ok
                                                                                          Deets?

Comment

howth jpg.JPG
                                                                                            Was referring to this, it's weirdly a landmark on the map
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

What's the solution to the morning coffee wank? Just because it's not needed, doesn't mean it's easy to give up.
                                                                                              As long as it's black coffee and you gaze at your naked self without breaking eye contact I don't see the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                I've had a cup of coffee and a Fulfil bar for breakfast for maybe the last three months. At this stage it would feel odd to eat anything else. I suspect its the best possible breakfast. Lovely taste, 20g of protein to last you for a bit, and some vitamins to do whatever they do.
                                                                                                FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
                                                                                                " there is less than ½ to 1 teaspoon of sugar per bar."

Your enjoying this because it's terrible for you. It's a processed sugar bar. You may as well just eat a bowel of Coco pops each morning and spend your spare time watching marvel films whilst your waist slowly expands
                                                                                                Last edited by Hectorjelly; 11-11-21, 01:05.

Comment

There's a list of awful ingredients here. https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...lthy-1.3610375

I actually worry I'm being trolled.

​​​​​​

Comment

A bowel of Coco Pops. Please tell me that wasn't a typo. It's perfect.

Comment

Reminds me of my favourite story.

Years ago, when I was about 19, every morning I called in to my best friend and both of us got the bus to work.

I had a great relationship with his aul lad, could say anything to him.

Called in one morning and my mate was late, upstairs getting ready.

I waited in the kitchen. His Da was sitting there eating his breakfast.

I remember being in a grumpy mood, just grunted hello to him and didn't chat.

He was watching telly while slurping this disgusting looking grey mush.

I said to him 'That looks like shite you're eating'

He didn't even look away from the telly, and quick as a flash said..

'Sure it will be soon enough'

Comment

Bottle of Lucozade, a jambon, 3 mini sausage rolls and a pack of Meanies is the breakfast of champions

Comment

A glass of very cold white wine and half a dozen oysters.

Comment

FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
                                                                                                            " there is less than ½ to 1 teaspoon of sugar per bar."

Your enjoying this because it's terrible for you. It's a processed sugar bar. You may as well just eat a bowel of Coco pops each morning and spend your spare time watching marvel films whilst your waist slowly expands
                                                                                                            There's six fucking teaspoons of sugar in your jar of watermelon numbnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Was referring to this, it's weirdly a landmark on the map

Nothing weird about it mate - It's a great, great shopping centre.

Comment

On watermelons, I remember when I was 21, myself and two of my mates had just moved into our own apartment in Drumcondra so decided to throw a massive party.

Our contribution to it was 2 watermelons, 3 packets of jelly and 5 bottles of vodka. Over the course of a week before the party, I got a full bottle of vodka into each watermelon. I also used a ratio of one pack of jelly to one bottle of vodka to make vodka jelly.

The watermelon, while lethal, was actually quite tasty and everyone devoured it. The vodka jelly was not quite so tasty. Let's just say the ratio of one bottle of vodka to one pack of jelly is a little off.

My last memory of the party was me going around with a huge bowl of the jelly and a big spoon, practically force feeding it into people on the basis of one spoon for me and one spoon for you. Next thing I remember is waking up naked in bed with some totally random chick - She seemed pretty happy with whatever happened

End/ thinly veiled brag of getting the ride (before somebody else says it)

Comment

This reminds me of the Great Milk Debate of 2015. Or possibly the Scrambled Eggs Schism of 2017.

Comment

TL DR . Yesterday was a perfect day . Despite the below

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Playing golf yesterday, approaching the T box (our T-off was 10.40) From behind came two men scurrying with their trollies rattling running late. We were about to t-off and they said, we had the 10.30 slot can we go ahead of you. The course was pretty free ahead of them and they were decked out in the latest equipment and with me being a fair weather occasional golfer I said, hey you lads go ahead you look like you mean business.

Big mistake, they were all over the shop resulting in my friend and I up their arses for 8 holes. They was nobody behind us so we treated ourselves to some extra holes (replaying etc). SO we played about 22 holes and were still waiting on the 17th T box for them to clear off. They didn’t once offer to let us play through . I don’t get bothered normally but my friend gets very antsy when he has to wait so I have to look at ways to distract him the way you would a child. Hey look at the different colours in the trees , mad that the rain kept off, St Pats have switched off in the league since they got to the FAI Final, etc etc wha wha … but he was getting grumpy. So the extra holes worked out a treat in that regard. Dunno why people get so worked up on a fine day.

Afterwards we went in for some grub where due to extreme starvation I abandoned my meat ban and ordered what I thought was a simple club sandwich. What came out was a work of art, I nom nom’d my way through it , drank a pint of guinness , then patted my swollen belly and thought, THIS is the fking life .

When I got home the 5 year old was in meltdown mode and needed to be taken out for a walk. Obviously seen as I had been out all day enjoying myself I got the nod to take him out when really all I wanted was a grandpa Simpson snore of the sofa. During the walk I was wondering who was harder to calm , my friend (50 yrs old) or a child. It seems the child.

Great day though, and I broke 90 which is excellent for a hacker on the Monty course. Low Point was on the Par 3 17th when my ball fell back into the deep bunker and my escape was a thinned SW into the Liffey.

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 11-11-21, 10:11.

Comment

Gerrard confirmed at Villa. Hopefully he does really well or really shit. Either way he shouldn't be considered for Liverpool manager in a couple of years, but he probably will be unless he does shit at Villa.

Comment

A win for Science. Hopefully you recover in time to win all the loots in Vegas.

That late Autumn\early Winter surge is definitely happening all over Europe now. Germany just reported record case numbers again. Would hate to think what the hospitals would be like without the success of the vaccine programme.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          got myself a dose of the covid. Had incredibly mild symptoms, a very minor sore throat which I put down to the house being too stuffy. I wouldn't have got tested based off my symptoms alone but I'd been at a funeral, was out socialising and was also due to fly to Vegas so figured I'd get a test as I'd only to pop across the way to Citywest (which is a monument of pure efficiency btw). Anyway, positive test result. Praise be to science as if this is as bad as I feel from the disease, compared to prior horror stories from those who contracted the virus when pre-vaccine, then I'll be just fine.

If for some reason you're not vaccinated, go and get it.
                                                                                                                          Wasn’t there a fear at one stage that those who had swine flu would get it much worse, glad to hear you’re all sorted, long may it continue.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X