X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    If they close those Starcamps i WILL do a naked protest

Just finished first GAA Camp - heaven for 4 hours a day at an affordable rate
    those starcamps look class!

can they be done outdoors? as it seems indoor activities are just banned, simple as that.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Watching the seniors open. Jayz Monty and Darren Clarke have really let themselves go. Monty is HUGE .

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        Reg'd for my lethal injection. Pokerhand, send a ham to the missus when I pop it.

Ironically, if I get vaxxed at the Helix it will be the first time I set foot on a campus I paid 3 grand to attend value etc
        Sadly for you, as of next week all Helix vaccinations are finished and being replaced by a new place in swords.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Sadly for you, as of next week all Helix vaccinations are finished and being replaced by a new place in swords.

Its also, awkwardly, not even his campus, as education studies takes place in St Pats campus in Drumcondra.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Its also, awkwardly, not even his campus, as education studies takes place in St Pats campus in Drumcondra.
            He's doing history and geography degree not eductation.

Just watched Out of Sight for the first time in a few years there. I love that film so much. The chemistry between George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez was wonderful.

Comment

those starcamps look class!

can they be done outdoors? as it seems indoor activities are just banned, simple as that.
              How the fuck would i know? I just roll up and (almost) literally fuck them out of the car to some 17yo hottie who i spend the rest of the day thinking about

Comment

I think thats all in St Pats? A very nice campus, I think, btw. Never been there, but aparently its all these classic buildings but then this beautiful modern library.

Edit: responding to hotspur

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

He's doing history and geography degree not eductation.

Just watched Out of Sight for the first time in a few years there. I love that film so much. The chemistry between George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez was wonderful.
                  Only found out recently Rosemary Clooney is his Aunt

Comment

Jesus Hitch I don't know how you do it.

You're getting some rinsing on twitter, my head wouldn't be able for it.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Jesus Hitch I don't know how you do it.

You're getting some rinsing on twitter, my head wouldn't be able for it.
                      Am I? I just ignore those responses. In a thread you only see the negative responses as negative views write their response, while people who like it just 'like' the post, so it always looks far more negative than it really is.

Comment

Am I? I just ignore those responses. In a thread you only see the negative responses as negative views write their response, while people who like it just 'like' the post, so it always looks far more negative than it really is.
                        Very true. Fair play to you being able to ignore it.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Very true. Fair play to you being able to ignore it.
                          To be fair he’s had a lot of practice at being wrong.
                          Last edited by Mellor; 10-07-21, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            To be fair he’s had a lot of practise at being wrong.
                            It's all about learning and progressing!

I'm deeply looking forward to my next life stage of property developer and the advice I will therefore be able to offer you. Just as Kayroo has benefited so much from legal feedback over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Buying a fixer-upper is considerably more difficult. Some of the work needed might be out of sequence, meaning you’ve to demo walls, or rip out parts that were
                              finished. Make the place into a building site, while living there.
                              Unless you go in and gut the place from the get go, it’s likely to turn into a drawn out job that stagnates.

That's what we did. Bought it, brought in an architect and contractor, gutted it completely and then moved in when it was (almost) finished. Was a good 5 months of work though on a tiny apartment. Wouldn't like to tackle something much bigger than that
                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

That garda is fast becoming my hero of the week.
                                Saw another video where the exchange was
                                Cahill "I'm an election candidate let me in, what are you afraid of?" and he replies "I don't like spiders".
                                That "lawyer" wan is some yoke aswell.

I don't usually buy into the whole "should be sacked" craic that usually arises when someone does something a bit silly but if the college she works for has it in their remit, they should throw the book at her IMO.

Comment

Ha! Ha! Ha!

E53p5nyXoAAuFYp?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

See PP have gone 12 places in The Open next week.

Alas it has finally happened and they've gone 1/6th of the odds on e/w bets also rather shittily.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      Reg'd for my lethal injection. Pokerhand, send a ham to the missus when I pop it.

Ironically, if I get vaxxed at the Helix it will be the first time I set foot on a campus I paid 3 grand to attend value etc
                                      Will do old boy!

Bonnie chance.
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                        See PP have gone 12 places in The Open next week.

Alas it has finally happened and they've gone 1/6th of the odds on e/w bets also rather shittily.
                                        Don't mind dat shite.....

IPB The Open Sweep 2021 coming soon!
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Skills

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                            Skills

Ridiculous spatial awareness there. 99/100 would just be happy to stop the ball going over the boundary.

A girl too...jaysis.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

RIP Galileo.

Wonder how much he racked up in stud fees over the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

That's what we did. Bought it, brought in an architect and contractor, gutted it completely and then moved in when it was (almost) finished. Was a good 5 months of work though on a tiny apartment. Wouldn't like to tackle something much bigger than that
                                                Did you buy a place in Spain? Thought the plan was to keep moving around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                  If they close those Starcamps i WILL do a naked protest

Just finished first GAA Camp - heaven for 4 hours a day at an affordable rate
                                                  My young wan just finished a weeks star camp.
                                                  Thank jaysus we got it in
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    RIP Galileo.

Wonder how much he racked up in stud fees over the last 20 years.
                                                    Also Paul Mariner.

Comment

It's an absolute travesty that the Lions series is going ahead. Don't think I'll bother watching it.

How on earth do the various governing bodies see this as a good idea?

Comment

elbows, just cycled past a huge gorse fire beside the entrance to Howth GC. About 8 fire trucks on the scene and several houses threatened.

Hope your bro ain't BBQ'd in a bunker.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Dilemma. Pack of ham in the fridge . Out of date yesterday. Nobody wants it. I cant just throw it out . Dammit .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                              Dilemma. Pack of ham in the fridge . Out of date yesterday. Nobody wants it. I cant just throw it out . Dammit .
                                                              How good is your fridge? Do you have a fridge thermometer that you trust that tells you it's between 2 and 5 degrees Celsius? These are the issues I'd be more concerned about than the date.

Comment

Did you buy a place in Spain? Thought the plan was to keep moving around.
                                                                Yeah we actually bought it before we moved over and had the reno started just before we made the move. Just decided we were committed to being here for w few years and so was a better decision to buy and get settled in.

Comment

@Solks, why is it you are eating more vegetarian food again?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

How good is your fridge? Do you have a fridge thermometer that you trust that tells you it's between 2 and 5 degrees Celsius? These are the issues I'd be more concerned about than the date.
                                                                    Good new fridge . At 3 degrees currently. Baby love.

Comment

@Solks, why is it you are eating more vegetarian food again?
                                                                      I've lost my mind but apart from that I've thought more of how meat is procured and I find if harder to ignore at base level what's involved . Plus red meat ain't all that healthy .

Probably just a mid life crises

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Yeah we actually bought it before we moved over and had the reno started just before we made the move. Just decided we were committed to being here for w few years and so was a better decision to buy and get settled in.
                                                                        It was a terrible decision. Its totally effected your ability to know what is and isnt a penalty. Move out quickly or you'll be calling offsides when the players are level.

Comment

I've lost my mind but apart from that I've thought more of how meat is procured and I find if harder to ignore at base level what's involved . Plus red meat ain't all that healthy .

Probably just a mid life crises
                                                                          It sounds like two competing ethical principles, not to waste food and not to eat meat. If you decide that the former is of a higher order ethical principle (as opposed to just feeling it strongly due to conditioning of childhood) then it is going to be very hard to put the latter into practice if you appoint yourself eater of would-be-wasted food. But do you really believe that not wasting food is a higher order principle than not killing living beings?

Comment

It was a terrible decision. Its totally effected your ability to know what is and isnt a penalty. Move out quickly or you'll be calling offsides when the players are level.
                                                                            Clearly watching too much la liga these days. I’ve been assimilated

Comment

But do you really believe that not wasting food is a higher order principle than not killing living beings?
                                                                              Pretty sure his expired ham has been dead a long time.

Comment

Leave the ham out in the garden before you go to bed - either a passing cat or the morning birds will appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Pretty sure his expired ham has been dead a long time.
                                                                                  It was a rare logic lapse from hotspur.

Now we await the postmortum.

Comment

Leave the ham out in the garden before you go to bed - either a passing cat or the morning birds will appreciate it.
                                                                                    I remember googling(ages ago) and finding that cats wouldn't eat that salty crap. I subsequently left out a pretty full Irish fry for them. They eat everything other than the black puddings. No problems with the rashers, sausages and white puddings.

Comment

It sounds like two competing ethical principles, not to waste food and not to eat meat. If you decide that the former is of a higher order ethical principle (as opposed to just feeling it strongly due to conditioning of childhood) then it is going to be very hard to put the latter into practice if you appoint yourself eater of would-be-wasted food. But do you really believe that not wasting food is a higher order principle than not killing living beings?
                                                                                      This came up as a concept on the surprisingly excellent At Home with The Richardson's mockumentary on Dave.
                                                                                      Jon Richardson (a vegan) reckoned it was far worse for an animal to have suffered a terrible life and then have it's meat thrown in a bin uneaten, so he occasionally finished off the stuff that Lucy wouldn't eat because it was at use-by-date.
                                                                                      It was a scripted mocumentary so may not have been a true situation, but I thought it was an interesting poser regardless.

Comment

Set your recording for BBC 1 1am. COPA final. Argies v Brazil. Should be Epic

Comment

It isn't a lapse in logic. We're talking deontology here not consequentialism. The same reason you don't rob the wallet of a guy lying dead or eat already killed baby slices.

Comment

Set your recording for BBC 1 1am. COPA final. Argies v Brazil. Should be Epic
                                                                                            Winning the Copa on Brazilian soil would be huge for Messi's legacy within Argentina - would be a pity if his international career ended with the Olympics being the only win.

Comment

I dont want to attract raccoons or rats . Mostly rats though.

Comment

It was a scripted mocumentary so may not have been a true situation, but I thought it was an interesting poser regardless.
                                                                                                Vague memory that Tar may hold views or act something in the neighbourhood of this.

Winning the Copa on Brazilian soil would be huge for Messi's legacy within Argentina - would be a pity if his international career ended with the Olympics being the only win.
                                                                                                Strange stories that many Brazilians want the Argies to beat their own country in the final for this reason.

Comment

elbows, just cycled past a huge gorse fire beside the entrance to Howth GC. About 8 fire trucks on the scene and several houses threatened.

Hope your bro ain't BBQ'd in a bunker.
                                                                                                  Yeah it’s been going on for a while now. Shop smells of smoke and course could get damaged. Have a mate who has a house close to it. Fire Brigade are letting it burn and managing it so it doesn’t get to the houses but scary shit none the less.
                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

It isn't a lapse in logic. We're talking deontology here not consequentialism. The same reason you don't rob the wallet of a guy lying dead or eat already killed baby slices.
                                                                                                    I'm not yet abhorred at the prospect of eating meat. I hope to be some day . This is for me only , I'm not forcing the kids or missus to join me but I am hoping they do . For dinner tonight i had a spinach mushroom omelette, that ham would have been put to good use with that last month. Apart from IPB I'm keeping this new departure on the QT mostly.

Comment

Ah, I wouldn't say that. I remember from my time as a Hare Krishna, when we had a discussion on whether or not to kill anyone who damaged one of the pictures of a god, as they were more than pictures in their 'our' opinion. There was genuinely a debate on whether or not to go ahead with training.

Comment

Vague memory that Tar may hold views or act something in the neighbourhood of this.

Strange stories that many Brazilians want the Argies to beat their own country in the final for this reason.
                                                                                                        Also with the death of Maradona recently

Comment

Collie please give us some Hare Krishna stories some time. I don't mean weird ones, although if they should include weirdness who are we to object?

I must be an honorary Hare Krishna at this stage given the number of times I've eaten in Govindas. Was listening to some lectures on the Bhagavad-Gita a few weeks ago.

Comment

Collie please give us some Hare Krishna stories some time. I don't mean weird ones, although if they should include weirdness who are we to object?

I must be an honorary Hare Krishna at this stage given the number of times I've eaten in Govindas. Was listening to some lectures on the Bhagavad-Gita a few weeks ago.
                                                                                                            I wish I could remember. Mostly going pissed from gay clubs, and then doing some penance by washing the temple floor, when they had it where centra is now on Dame street.

Had a wonderful trip to their Island some where up north. The journey in an old Volkswagen van, and the lols from I think the RUC was something. What I mostly remember of the drive was the driver 'Trabuvanah Das' looking back his passengers, and not the road.

Comment

I dont have ANY veggie role models in my circle of life so anyone wants to preach to me feel free , I'm more than happy to use some harsh words to reiterate to myself during the attempt to ditch the meat .

Comment

Solks will be decked head to toe in Tar branded vegan gear by the end of the year.

Comment

Solks will be decked head to toe in Tar branded vegan gear by the end of the year.
                                                                                                                  Ah here Vegan is a step too far. I will eat white veal if anyone tries to convert me.

Comment

The lord has spoken. The movie sausage party is on Comedy Central at the moment. It's a sign.

Comment

Pro tip: in the vaccination centre if you start meditating with eyes closed during the post vaccination mandatory 15 minute sit you will have someone over asking if you're feeling okay and do you need a glass of water.

Comment

Great dirty match last night, Di Maria with a deft lob.
                                                                                                                        this was a Copa America that wasn't meant to happen, but don't think the history books will mark it against Messi.

Hope more of the same this evening, take the overs on yellows?!
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Yeah it’s been going on for a while now. Shop smells of smoke and course could get damaged. Have a mate who has a house close to it. Fire Brigade are letting it burn and managing it so it doesn’t get to the houses but scary shit none the less.
                                                                                                                          Yeah, burning for nearly three weeks now. Don't ever remember that before and there has been quite a bit of rain too.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X