Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the bit of nice weather today, decided the BBQ needed to come out.

Spatchcocked a chicken, marinated it in buttermilk and spices for 3 hours.

Lashed it on the BBQ, along with some hasselback spuds and served it up with a good dollop of slaw. It's not refined or fine dining in any way but sweet baby Jebus, it was delish, even if I do say so myself.

All washed down with a nice bottle.of Albarino.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

I posted a short story here a couple of weeks ago that had nothing to do with Covid 19. I've written another one which has gone in the polar opposite direction, although the Juve team of the early 1980s also features heavily (possibly inspired by that world XI challenge!)

If you're interested it's up here - https://medium.com/@carlopoppo/bonie...y-98355d51e08f

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Devs is the show we all need to be watching. Can't remember who recommended it, maybe Opr. Captivating stuff.
        I just finished the final episode yesterday. I thought it started quite poorly and I almost didn't get too far with it but really glad I stuck with it. The acting felt a little hammy in places with weird setups but it grows with each episode. It still feels badly done at times with odd scenes and missteps but that is mixed with some great dialogue/scenes, ideas, and fascinating concepts.

Opr

Comment

This French guy who is saying he thinks the virus was manufactured in a lab seems extremely experienced and well respected in the field. Luc Montagnier who won the Nobel prize for his work in HIV. I am surprised his comments aren't making bigger news.

Edit - They have been revoked very well here

Seems extremely irresponsible to be giving interviews suggesting something like this unless he is sure, knowing the weight his words have in this stuff. Not to mention he may start looking over this shoulder for the Chinese mafia

Opr
          Last edited by Opr; 19-04-20, 21:54.

Comment

Devs is the show we all need to be watching. Can't remember who recommended it, maybe Opr. Captivating stuff.
            Seen the first 2, captivating in a non captivating way...
            This too shall pass.

Comment

I made bread that took 3 days. I really need to get back to work soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                This French guy who is saying he thinks the virus was manufactured in a lab seems extremely experienced and well respected in the field. Luc Montagnier who won the Nobel prize for his work in HIV. I am surprised his comments aren't making bigger news.

Seems extremely irresponsible to be giving interviews suggesting something like this unless he is sure, knowing the weight his words have in this stuff. Not to mention he may start looking over this shoulder for the Chinese mafia

Opr
                I don't know anything about him, but presumably some percentage of Nobel winners in medicine and sciences were just flukey. Everyone was looking in roughly the same direction and they just happened to be the ones to make the discovery and stick their flag in it, that kind of thing. Or they were looking to cure abc disease and made some important discovery about something completely difference.
                Or maybe 20 years after his HIV work, he's desperate for everyone to be talking about him again, so is just flinging words about.

As I said I don't know much about him, so that may not apply to him.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                    I posted a short story here a couple of weeks ago that had nothing to do with Covid 19. I've written another one which has gone in the polar opposite direction, although the Juve team of the early 1980s also features heavily (possibly inspired by that world XI challenge!)

If you're interested it's up here - https://medium.com/@carlopoppo/bonie...y-98355d51e08f
                    I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Comment

Will he call it the Plague again ? ?

PP should be running a book on his pressers.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        Will he call it the Plague again ? ?

PP should be running a book on his pressers.
                        Currently holding the paper and reading out a news story about himself. Each night he finds a way to introduce new material to make me laugh. He seems to like the Wall Street Journal has written something positive about him.

Opr

Comment

Currently holding the paper and reading out a news story about himself. Each night he finds a way to introduce new material to make me laugh. He seems to like the Wall Street Journal has written something positive about him.

Opr
                          WSJ was fake news a few ago, lol...the notes he is reading look like they were written in marker...my eyesight aint the best tbh, but come on..16pt ?

Plague...lol
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Opr

Is ludicrous for anyone who is that knowledgeable and skilful to be wasting time speculating about the source of the virus when it is utterly and completely irrelevant.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Is ludicrous for anyone who is that knowledgeable and skilful to be wasting time speculating about the source of the virus when it is utterly and completely irrelevant.
                              Find that an odd position.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm fairly sure I just heard the President of the United States say the people running the F.B.I. are Human scum.
                                    Last edited by horatio1; 20-04-20, 00:10.

Comment

Comment

Is this guy a looney too? Was going to rush out and get me some Sanofi shares.

Dr. Robert Gallo, who helped identify HIV in the 1980's, is leading an initiative to use the oral polio vaccine for short-term coronavirus treatment. He believes it could provide a couple of months of immunity, buying time for anyone infected to develop the antibodies to fight it. It still awaits FDA approval, but Dr. Gallo believes there is cause for hope -- as he explains to Walter Isaacson.

Comment

And Pauling getting excited over vitamin ç

Comment

It may have come from a lab sure. That seems to be a risk with these labs. But it's, as the best we know at this stage, more likely to have simply crossed species like all the other coronaviruses. That's the Bayesian prior.

Of course a search for a scapegoat becomes more important if someone initially viewed a virus as a hoax and disastrously killed a few tens of thousands of people. Then that person might make it like the only news story that matters is not all the people they killed but instead some X-Men Origins story that can never be proven either way.
                                            You're hallucinating about Trump again Hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              Related question, what number has the most digits when using Roman Numerals.
                                              3888 requires 15 digits.
                                              MMM DCCC LXXX VIII

Comment

Will seem so trivial and petty to most and rightly so but fuck me I'm consumed with the sweat of will golf courses be given the nod to open the 5th of May!

Comment

What's most commonly broken bone
                                                  What animal has most the bones in it
                                                  Smallest bone in the body
                                                  Animal with the strongest bone
                                                  +/-3 number of bones in human body
                                                  What has the highest brain to body ratio
                                                  How many teeth +/-5 do leeches have

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    Most commonly broken: Maybe baby toe.
                                                    Smallest bone. Can't name it, but it's in the inner ear. I think that on is well known.
                                                    Strongest: Overall, blue whale. lb for lb, I don't know.
                                                    265 at birth. 205 by adulthood as they fuse together.
                                                    Humans
                                                    Probably something insane like 600

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                      Will seem so trivial and petty to most and rightly so but fuck me I'm consumed with the sweat of will golf courses be given the nod to open the 5th of May!
                                                      Golf would be nice . Surely locals should be allowed play . If ever a sport where you can keep social distancing. I'm in the trees , you are in the rough. Maybe put your caddy on furlough.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I can’t wait, bought myself a Scotty Cameron the other day so at least I look the part.

I’m 50/50 on golf being back, it was last to close but I’m not sure it means it’ll be first to open.

Are you a member anywhere? It may be a members only situation for a while.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                            Nose
                                                            Crab
                                                            Auditory ossicle perhaps malleus within that
                                                            Hippo jaw
                                                            Humans

Comment

Forgot to post this last week for the football team. Obviously had to include Wes as CAM to keep Dunphy happy.

----------------- Cech -----------------
                                                              Trent - Kompany - Koulibaly - Lamb
                                                              -------- Speed ---- De Rossi --------
                                                              ---- C.Ronaldo - Wes - Messi -------
                                                              ---------------- Mbappe --------------

Comment

Addicts need there fix!! Jesus it must be some game people are literally going gaga to play!

Comment

Can’t see golf reopening while the 2KM restriction is in place
                                                                  Even if it does expect the mob on twitter and FB to descend because of golfs perceived elitism (which is not the case in this country)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    I made bread that took 3 days. I really need to get back to work soon.

deliver to Clontarf? that looks great
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm an Ozark newbie . It's great Walt would love it.

Comment

Not known for their sense of humour, they have some clowns in Germany too

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                          Addicts need there fix!! Jesus it must be some game people are literally going gaga to play!
                                                                          I'd fucking kill for a massage with a happy ending tbh
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            I'm an Ozark newbie . It's great Walt would love it.
                                                                            watched the first season and thought it was a pile of cack. seems i'm the only one though

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                              watched the first season and thought it was a pile of cack. seems i'm the only one though
                                                                              Nope, you're right
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Well when you are watching Mickey Mouse , Alvin and the Chipmunks all day it's a great improvement. I'm enjoying it sure tis all about taste isnt it. Look at the music king threads . Some shite is revered.

Comment

I dropped it a few years back after a few episodes but picked it back up due to covid boredom. Definitely improves as it goes on, season 3 is decent but prob a 6/10 overall, passable.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    I dropped it a few years back after a few episodes but picked it back up due to covid boredom. Definitely improves as it goes on, season 3 is decent but prob a 6/10 overall, passable.
                                                                                    I had a similar idea but actually decided to rewatch House of Cards instead.

It gets a bit ridiculous after 3 or 4 seasons for a variety of reasons but the first couple of seasons are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      deliver to Clontarf? that looks great
                                                                                      2nd prize. Here's the recipe...https://www.ilovecooking.ie/food-tv/...-patrick-ryan/

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                        I've started rewatching community as they're all on netflix now. Such a good show.

Comment

...

Comment

I thought S01 was OK, I might have given up early if I was watching it on my own, there are layers of suspension of disbelief that you have to pass through but it got better as it went along, S02 was quite uneven as it tried to find its way into the groove of becoming a multi season series. They are well settled in that groove by S03 and its all the better for it.
                                                                                            Its not going to be challenging for an all time top ten spot but it has become quiet entertaining.

They certainly have the building up the dread of looming catastrophe with several threads hanging so that it could break any number of ways down to a fine art now.
                                                                                            Its easy to dismiss Darlene as a cartoon character except that I know a real life Darlene who just happens not to have access to guns and strychnine

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                                                                            Wait until you get to end. Genuinely one of the most shocking tv scenes ive ever seen. Up there with Tarantino.
                                                                                            The last few episodes were particularly good, Laura Linney is knocking it out of the park, I wish they'd let Julia Garner be a little less screechy angry but she is quality too.

SPOILER
                                                                                            The last scene was very well done, unusually I called it once she overplayed her hand with the confession... that and they need a S04

I could be overthinking it here but with all the talk on social media about the ending the few scenes leading up to it with Jonah and Helen and then that moment when Jonah is on his own with the gun looked to be playing with the expectation of a shocking ending. I was genuinely dreading that Jonah would use the gun on himself.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just got a CV for a summer internship in Word where the applicant hadn't even bothered to 'accept' the changes that whoever reviewed it for him suggested. So there's loads of red text and crossed out stuff that he should've removed. That's a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                Just got a CV for a summer internship in Word where the applicant hadn't even bothered to 'accept' the changes that whoever reviewed it for him suggested. So there's loads of red text and crossed out stuff that he should've removed. That's a new one.
                                                                                                surely that's mis-attachment, in these crazy Covid19 times u gotta give the person another shot on it no?

Comment

...

Comment

Currently devouring Narcos Mexico, but I guess everyone has already watched that. It's some series.
                                                                                                    Very good, not a patch on the original though. The guy who plays Pablo in the original is fantastic.

I started the new season of Money Heist but I lost interest there, tbh I can't quite understand why it's so incredibly popular.

I missed season 5 of Peaky Blinders on BBC but it's out on Netflix this week so I'll watch that.

Also working my way through the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam, excellent watch.

Now I see where my time has gone.

Comment

...

Comment

The fact that he cares enough to have someone review the letter for him suggests an A+++ candidate imo.
                                                                                                        lol, fuck that, he's a moron. Can't write, gets someone to do the work for him and then forgets to put his name on it.

bin it

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post

that was brill
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEc32asqusE

This is a serious cover. Know this song off by heart before I was old enough to speak, Ma would had "A woman's heart" tape in the car that may have been the only music I heard for several years.

Great version.
                                                                                                            Some great tunes posted there Emmet didnt want to quote them all, also remember AWH coming into the house, Blackbird, Wall of Tears etc. all bring me back to that sitting room.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Rib
                                                                                                            tooth
                                                                                                            Kangaroo if you mean lifting, or Rhino
                                                                                                            260
                                                                                                            Jellyfish
                                                                                                            40?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              3888 requires 15 digits.
                                                                                                              MMM DCCC LXXX VIII
                                                                                                              Is there a number larger than 1000 in Roman numerals?

Comment

...

Comment

Bravo Carlop

Comment

Ugh...looks like a giant meringue.

Comment

Comment

Probably attached the wrong version?

Comment

Got an over70s parent or contact they might need a 500 eur boost ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X