X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Funny when you look back and think how many presidents actually came across as pretty shit communicators:

Bush Senior and Junior, Nixon, LBJ, Ford come to mind.
      You should like Mrs America, it's a very well done look at a specific aspect of the women's movement in the US from the late 60's. Some terrific acting in it.
      The lead character played by gloopy Cate is something else altogether.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        If he didn't say 'as Gaeilge' tell him he's a prick. Tell him he's a prick anyway.
        "Sorry mate...I don't speak dead languages, waste of time, especially ones that were written in the 50's and aren't actually traditional in any real sense, personally I think we need to be a bit more outward looking as a small global nation, also...bit racist to the new Irish and all if you ask me"

Would get you a reaction

Might get you in trouble with the Dean but...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Some prick on the work indoctrination (that doesn't seem like the right word?) keeps asking in the Zoom chat 'is that software available in Gaeilge'. Has one of those fake sounding Irish names of someone born in the likes of Kildare to overzealous parents.
          There was a guy who started in a company I worked for who kept asking for all communications to be sent to him in Irish not just internal but from clients too.

It wasn’t even the most annoying thing about him. He didn’t pass probation surprisingly.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
            Had planned to meet up with HH at the IMMA on the 25th. Going on my tod tomorrow to beat the lockdown
            The art wasn't my bag at all. At least the gardens were nice.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

When I was in the office (few mins walk from there) I'd spend a lot of lunches walking around that garden for an hour plus listening to audio books, very nice place.
              There’s a famous war horse buried there along the left wall. His name was Vonolel, was decorated by the Queen and buried with full military honours.
              I think I must have been there 100 times before I noticed it. He had multiple medals, here is the inscription on the tombstone:

There are men both good and wise
              Who hold that in a future state
              Dumb creatures we have cherished here below
              Shall give us joyous greeting when
              We pass the golden gate
              Is it folly that I hope it may be so?
              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-09-20, 13:41.

Comment

Reminds me of the joke

WAR HORSE walked into the Bar
                BARMAN : Why the long film?

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Comment

I see the encouraging idiots strategy has resulted in (minor) assault on the tanaiste. Almost 100% a SF supporter.
                      Can you tell how she votes by the way she ran away?

Comment

TikTok banned from the US app store by Trump right after the story of them planning to move 5000 jobs to Dublin yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Jebus I'd love a proper lockdown. I'm thinking of trying to catch it around December to avoid Christmas dinner. I've only previously avoided it in 1989 in Nicaragua, and 1990 in Berlin. Would love to never have xmas dinner again.
                          Spent the last four Christmases abroad looking forward to this one.

Comment

Plenty of footage of idiots attacking people with skateboards in the USA who are armed with glorious consequences. Leo should have security I know it’s quaint that he can walk around but scum bags should not be able to get so close.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                              I know there's a few Kerry folk in here. Spent a fair bit of the summer down there doing various hikes, beaches etc.

Decided to make the most of this WFH, moving down next week for the year. Up the kingdom!
                              Welcome

Comment

I see the encouraging idiots strategy has resulted in (minor) assault on the tanaiste. Almost 100% a SF supporter.
                                Talk me through how an idiot being an idiot is the result of some strategy?
                                airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Comment

I only loosely think it, but my serious answer for why I think it is:

My thinking is that the likes of SF or other populists, what they do is they encourage simplistic thinking and therefore simplistic solutions. The easiest simplistic thinking is to blame an actual person - to point at them and go 'thats the reason why everything about something is wrong'. So it encourages extremity in how we treat people. Hence why those same idiots thought locking Joan Burton in her car for an afternoon was a fine solution to the financial crisis, or blockading Simon Harris in his house with his newborn kid was a solution to something to do with healthcare.
                                      Yeah plenty of gobshites have that train of thought for sure.

Not sure I could stretch to SF encouraging it though.
                                      Paul Murphy on the other hand was actually there for the Joan thing wasn't he?
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Dont think I'm cut out for this US Open punting. Must have half the field covered at this stage and still counting lol. Fun though.

Comment

I take it our lotto syndicate has clicked and ye all are spending my share of the loots? Haven't seen an update in a while .

Comment

Some prick on the work indoctrination (that doesn't seem like the right word?) keeps asking in the Zoom chat 'is that software available in Gaeilge'. Has one of those fake sounding Irish names of someone born in the likes of Kildare to overzealous parents.
                                            Is mise an fear

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              Yeah plenty of gobshites have that train of thought for sure.

Not sure I could stretch to SF encouraging it though.
                                              Paul Murphy on the other hand was actually there for the Joan thing wasn't he?
                                              Had a funny one with Paul Murphy a couple years ago. Was having dinner pre my old usual game of poker in JPs on a Thursday in the restaurant/bar next door with another lad and saw him looking at me a couple of times beofre he sauntered over and said hi. Sat down for a quick drink with the usual chat of hows business etc etc.

Now the thing was I hadnt copped who he was even though he obv looked so familiar & I'm guessing he had me confused with someone else. Anyway, fun couple of confusing minutes lol.

Comment

Trouble Brewing 'VIETNOW' IPA is a really cracking beer.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Trouble Brewing 'VIETNOW' IPA is a really cracking beer.
                                                  A White Hag Little Fawn is hard bet for me in that category
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

A White Hag Little Fawn is hard bet for me in that category
                                                    Haven't tried any of the White Hag stuff. Have heard good stuff though, mostly in here.

I'm a big fan of American IPA, as in a beer type rather than brewed there. Dungarvan 'Mine Head' is the absolute top of the class there, consistently gorgeous.
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      I take it our lotto syndicate has clicked and ye all are spending my share of the loots? Haven't seen an update in a while .
                                                      ...I assumed you had gone to Greece so support Slab head, so the 15 of us voted to spend your winnings on brazzers, sorry...
                                                      ... Still going, and updated every draw... Link below just incase you can't find it, and the spreadsheet still in post 1... you're still in the green for another week or so...

Comment

Free online screening tonight (optional charity donation) of Notes on Rave in Dublin film from a couple of years ago as part of Culture Night.

What times. As the man often says, 'I guess you had to be there'.

Will we ever see the likes again?

Lots of old heads from the scene in this including a 'blink and you miss me' cameo of yours truly sitting on a wall, mashed, with my girl and some randomers at 6am in a forest in the Wicklow mountains 18 or 20 years ago (or so I'm told).

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

...I assumed you had gone to Greece so support Slab head, so the 15 of us voted to spend your winnings on brazzers, sorry...
                                                          ... Still going, and updated every draw... Link below just incase you can't find it, and the spreadsheet still in post 1... you're still in the green for another week or so...

https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...otto-syndicate
                                                          Was wondering as I hadn't been asked to donate in a while . Thought ye were all doing coke and hookers and laughing at me . Cool . Still going so

Comment

Lol Dublin- curtain of steel on the M50 please

Comment

Hopefully we’ll move on to stage 6 for Dublin pretty quickly

Last edited by Guest; 18-09-20, 19:58.

Comment

I assumed an incorporeal meeting was a fancy name for a zoom \ skype \ teams meeting, but it seems it has a technical meaning from a government perspective.

I'm still going to be calling virtual meetings incorporeal meetings from here on out.
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

PSV be a great man for board failte. The Blue buck banned from keeping the culchie business afloat is lauded. A Turkey praying for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                    PSV be a great man for board failte. The Blue buck banned from keeping the culchie business afloat is lauded. A Turkey praying for Christmas
                                                                    Hanging in there with Dark ?

I had replied but dont think you saw it, half way through S2 and still loving it.
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Hanging in there with Dark ?

I had replied but dont think you saw it, half way through S2 and still loving it.
                                                                      Yeah I'm at season 2 now it's very good . Still a big Martha fan . :-) . I love that its German . .

Comment

Comment

11/10/2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm - Foraging involves searching for, identifying and collecting naturally occurring, wild food. On this introductory workshop, you will explore the hedgerows in Airfield Estate to learn how to identify wild plants and forage for wild food.

Comment

Denise Chaila pretty impressive on the late late
                                                                            ​​
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                              Free online screening tonight (optional charity donation) of Notes on Rave in Dublin film from a couple of years ago as part of Culture Night.

Lots of old heads from the scene in this including a 'blink and you miss me' cameo of yours truly sitting on a wall, mashed, with my girl and some randomers at 6am in a forest in the Wicklow mountains 18 or 20 years ago (or so I'm told).

Nice one for that, missed a screening of it before!
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Screenshot_20200918_233023.jpg Screenshot_20200918_233100.jpg Tried kid Goat tonight first tine. Was pleasantly surprised to find it taste like lamb.

Need to digest it now with a nicely made bloody Mary ​​​​
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

I make an appearance too..looking rather worse for wear.
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

The good news is that you can still join me on a foraging course, a useful survival skill in these difficult times, as organised outdoor events are allowed.

The Mrs mate was here earlier, think she's on that too. Probably foraging for something similar to you in the woods too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

I make an appearance too..looking rather worse for wear.
                                                                                      Give us a hint where...

Comment

Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87. Some innings, some woman.

Should be very interesting now watching McConnell turn heel on his previous stance of no SCJ in an election year. A heavy republican leaning SC means the upcoming election being challenged and some sketchy goings on happening is increasing.

Interesting times ahead for the yanks.
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The good news is that you can still join me on a foraging course, a useful survival skill in these difficult times, as organised outdoor events are allowed.
                                                                                          It's a fair bit of a walk to go for a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

The Mrs mate was here earlier, think she's on that too. Probably foraging for something similar to you in the woods too.
                                                                                            Liberty cap season, good idea with the pubs closed
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I guess that's a probably gonna cause a bump for Trump if they don't nominate before the election?​​​​​​

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  I guess that's a probably gonna cause a bump for Trump if they don't nominate before the election?​​​​​​
                                                                                                  I doubt any Senator up for re-election wants to spend the next 6 weeks in DC...
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'd say the most likely short-term impact would be if it's a repeat of Florida 2020 and it ends up in the SC.

Which is now split 5-3 conservative-liberal....

Comment

Trump already holding the majority in SCOTUS since he some how got his frat boy pal in place, ,RBG's vote being out of aqction will be enough for him if he's willing to gamble the military will stand back while he suspends democracy.

This won't help though

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        Trump already holding the majority in SCOTUS since he some how got his frat boy pal in place, ,RBG's vote being out of aqction will be enough for him if he's willing to gamble the military will stand back while he suspends democracy.

This won't help though

Comment

A (still warm) Almond croissant from Bread 41 and a hot chocolate for breakfast is a great way to start a five day weekend.

Comment

Comment

Does anyone use Roam Research?

Comment

I doubt any Senator up for re-election wants to spend the next 6 weeks in DC...
                                                                                                                They can appoint the new SC judge at their leisure from November to January,. Everyone retains their seat/position until then, regardless of the pres/senate results in November.
                                                                                                                Quiet archaic really, presumably harks back to a time when you had to take a wagon train from Oregon to DC to take up your new role.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

They can appoint the new SC judge at their leisure from November to January,. Everyone retains their seat/position until then, regardless of the pres/senate results in November.
                                                                                                                  Quiet archaic really, presumably harks back to a time when you had to take a wagon train from Oregon to DC to take up your new role.
                                                                                                                  They could try but it would be filibustered to death.

Comment

And that two month hiatus looks pretty dynamic compared to the four months we staggered on with a phantom government.

Comment

If they nominate now they might get some backlash from voters especially after all that was said during Obama’s term and the whole Merrick Garland fiasco.

If it happens it’ll be after Election Day before the mail votes are counted I’d say.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

this is not looking good, Leinster playing right into the cheating scum's hands

Comment

this is not looking good, Leinster playing right into the cheating scum's hands
                                                                                                                          Getting seriously bullied so far nonetheless

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X