This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    nice. 500 quid saved with one phonecall. Enough to fund a Dice-style proper night out.
    Pffft, that'd be gone before the second pint was ordered coz I overheard the lad down the end of the bar saying his wife's Aunt knows the trainer of number 10 in the first at Galway

Comment

Poped out at lunch time to grab a sambo and got stuck behind Strewelpeter...

SPOILER

Comment

Horse I kinda half had in mind for that potential WSOP thingy is currently on the Stars $5K Ft live on Twitch cards up with $120k up top

Welcome to the official PokerStars Twitch account. Content is intended solely for those over the age of 18. Play Responsibly psta.rs/PlayResponsibly BeGambleAware.org
        Last edited by Dice75; 29-07-20, 18:36.

Comment

I am driving to Galway to bring someone to the airport who is emigrating. I'm meeting him at 6pm and have the day clear to get there. Can anyone think of any places of interest to visit on the way?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Horse I kinda half had in mind for that potential WSOP thingy is currently on the Stars $5K Ft live on Twitch cards up with $120k up top

https://www.twitch.tv/pokerstars
              Which Gary is that?
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Meant to add, got some endorphin rush after it.

Was like being on cocaine for the whole evening.
                Come to think of it you do look a bit like Tubbers in that pic!

Some digging deep hold with the burn for 450 , thats the great thing about a race or running club, pushes us to excel

Fair play to you both.

Comment

Posts here as GaryT

Comment

Jaysus, I normally only get the Tubs thing when I'm wearing a blazer.

A blazer off the hanger.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Spraggy on that final table as well. Streaming it live here. Huge spot for him as this is way above the buyin range he normally plays.

C Darwin is the crusher to end all crushers. He seems to be on every one of these high buy-in final tables that I catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Posts here as GaryT
                        Thought so, was a bit UL not to find a better spot than the one he went out in.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          I am driving to Galway to bring someone to the airport who is emigrating. I'm meeting him at 6pm and have the day clear to get there. Can anyone think of any places of interest to visit on the way?
                          Clonmacnoise

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                            Spraggy on that final table as well. Streaming it live here. Huge spot for him as this is way above the buyin range he normally plays.

C Darwin is the crusher to end all crushers. He seems to be on every one of these high buy-in final tables that I catch.
                            Very enjoyable watching him there.

Comment

Very enjoyable watching him there.
                              AJ shove was very good to watch after that turn and river! Anyone with more ICM knowledge knows if that is a fold? Seems crazy to fold?

Wow, he is right in it now!

Comment

That A10 call by Greenwood from the re-jam seems super bad. I wonder if he has all the money and is just like fuck it. Let's give Spraggy a spin.

Comment

It's pretty much just wasteland but when I was doing it regularly for work, I detoured to Clonmacnoise one day and was pleasantly surprised by it.

Comment

So that is how he is playing it. He just said on stream Pokerstars bought him in as part of his sponsorship deal with them.

3rd for 70k. Nice
                                    Last edited by Opr; 29-07-20, 21:10.

Comment

So that is how he is playing it. He just said on stream Pokerstars bought him in as part of his sponsorship deal with them.

3rd for 70k. Nice
                                      I was wondering that he is playing all these $5k tournaments in a row this week and acting like this was life changing money through the pay jumps.

Comment

I was wondering that he is playing all these $5k tournaments in a row this week and acting like this was life changing money through the pay jumps.
                                        I hadn't watched his stream in ages but I had seen it before only a few months ago and he was playing $100 as big buy-ins with the very occasional $500 dollar tourney so I was wondering what was going on myself when he was talking about playing these for the next 4 days. Pokerstars have lost some of the bigger names like Negreanu so they obviously have loads of money in the budget freed up and seem to have gone a different route of promoting the site through twitch streamers. They also have been putting in the other big twitch streamer, Lex Veldhuis, into these bigger buy-ins recently.

They have had massive overlays during this series as they have been falling well short of the guarantees with other sites being more of a draw for players hosting the WSOP events so I guess it makes more sense than ever to fire as many of their sponsored pros into them as they can if they are going to lose the money anyway.

He seems genuinely thrilled and has been grinding poker forever and as he said himself he has built that stream from nothing and it is very hard work streaming for as long as he does every day while trying to entertain a chat and play poker. He always comes across well too so delighted for him. He is running well in life lately. He is also dating another poker player, Marley Cordero.

Comment

Comment

I see Tyler Cowen still on the UFO train. Trump probably keeping them as a final rabbit in the hat.

Most of the UFO reports in the 50/60s were U2s and other US projects, so it's probably "something" but probably not too exciting.

Comment

It's clearly a brilliant marketing strategy, in addition to being great for the guy personally, given the coverage it has generated.
                                              Yeah, it is clearly a great way to go. They are doing all sorts of stuff like buying in another complete novice with a huge following, giving him some lessons from a pro, and streaming him in an event. It is actually a fun watch.

I don't have a clue who these Sidemen are but they have a massive, massive following with youtube videos that get near 10m views. They had them playing Spraggy in poker most of them never having played before trying to introduce a whole new generation to poker.

While online poker was dying a death and cash poker certainly is to a large degree, tournaments are absolutely booming and bigger than ever. The numbers playing in the events on GG are massive.
                                              Last edited by Opr; 29-07-20, 22:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                I see Tyler Cowen still on the UFO train. Trump probably keeping them as a final rabbit in the hat.

Most of the UFO reports in the 50/60s were U2s and other US projects, so it's probably "something" but probably not too exciting.
                                                When we think of UFO, we think of things seen in the sky now, shaky video etc.

If there are ET's and if they have landed/crashed on earth, considering the earth is 7/10 water and a couple of million years old why should we be so bullish to assume anything that is recovered is from last week ? From 1940's ?

They have stuff. They have had stuff years. Semi conductors, integrated circuits ?...yeah, we went from tubes and cathodes to digital signals watching 4k netflix in the front room.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Should be simple to issue allowances to farmers on a secure card that they enter pin code of when buying diesel in a garage. They pay regular price and then a refund transfer is initiated almost immediately to give them their discount providing they are within their annual allowance (allowance cap to avoid fraudulent use). We have a card like that here for health - hundreds of private and regional health insurers, millions of health professionals and pharmacies, tens of millions of health users - and it works like a charm. You normally pay at point of receiving health care and then get the money back in your bank account two days later. Doing the same for a few farmers and a few garages should be a piece of piss.
                                                  You don’t need to convert a french health idea, we already have fuel card systems in place in Ireland.

Tbh banning new diesel cars and seriously jacking up the road tax on old ones would a much easier than pushing this past the ifa. More than likely going to happen soon too.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

On the turntable the last few days...

1) CMAT - Another Day (KFC) and/or Rodney (watch with videos)
                                                        2) A Certain Ratio - Won't Stop Loving You (w/Denise Johnson who just died)
                                                        3) Carl Stone - Panchita ( https://unseenworlds.bandcamp.com/album/baroo )
                                                        4) Robert Palmer - Through It All There's You
                                                        5) SNFU - Wild World (skate punk Cat Stevens cover, singer just died also)

(Honorary mention for anything Prince from - 1999/Purple Rain/Sign O' The Times, as I'm reading a biography and marvelling at how he did it)
                                                        Prince never ceased to amaze me.

Comment

Handy thing there - we needed a load of things picked up and brought to dump, recycling, or wherever. There's a website here, that reminds me of nixer.ie back in the day except that its very income tax complaint for French reasons, and maybe fits with things like ionapaul needing a small paintjob done yesterday. You enter whatever task you have to be done and people then bid on it. All their claimed qualifications, e.g. plumbing, have been verified by the website. It's ridic handy to have every type of 'house task thing' on the same website, rather than having to go around working out who you need, plus you have all the reviews to peruse. Currently 380,000 of these small jobs on the website.

Going to add that to the list of 'things that should obviously exist everywhere'.
                                                          The Irish system has its charms.

Have job that needs doing.

Mary from next door says that her brother in law Pat got this guy Tony and he was brilliant, did an unbelievable job.

Call Tony. He says he'll be there next Tuesday morning and the job will cost X.

Arrange to be home Tuesday morning.

11.50am. No sign of Tony.

Call Tony.

Tony doesn't answer.

Leave voicemail.

No call back.

Call Tony again.

Tony answers. Doesn't remember who you are.

You remind him he was supposed to be there that morning to do job, as arranged.

'ahhhhhhh yeah, sorry about that, got caught on another thing. I'll be there tomorrow morning."

Wednesday 3pm, Tony eventually shows up.

Tony does job, after lots of sighing and muttering.

Then claims job will cost 2*X due to unforeseen complications. You remind him he said job would cost X and that he has already wasted a lot of your time.

Tony sighs again and counters with X plus 50%

You ask 'how much for cash?'

'That is the cash price'

You never speak to Mary again.
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Handy thing there - we needed a load of things picked up and brought to dump, recycling, or wherever. There's a website here, that reminds me of nixer.ie back in the day except that its very income tax complaint for French reasons, and maybe fits with things like ionapaul needing a small paintjob done yesterday. You enter whatever task you have to be done and people then bid on it. All their claimed qualifications, e.g. plumbing, have been verified by the website. It's ridic handy to have every type of 'house task thing' on the same website, rather than having to go around working out who you need, plus you have all the reviews to peruse. Currently 380,000 of these small jobs on the website.

Going to add that to the list of 'things that should obviously exist everywhere'.
                                                            That sounds really handy all right. Another really useful service that's available in France and Spain and a few other European countries but not Ireland is the bla bla car sharing app. I used it 3 or 4 times when I was traveling last October in South of France and Catalonia. Worked seamlessly every time.

Comment

I've used Tradesmen.ie .

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

That's a rare thing to be asked. Haven't really looked at it in that way in a while. I wrote a couple of answers to this. One was too pretentious (deontological kantianism came up).
                                                                Kant was never asked to agree to having read a 37 page EULA.

That list is much more interesting than a greeting card one. I'm very interested in thoughts on things like altruistic lying (http://www.mesacc.edu/~davpy35701/te...ght-to-lie.pdf) and things like that.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That looks like the same type of deal. It just seems to lack:

1. The ability to rate, and therefore the ability to know the rating of, the workers. That desire to be a perfect 5 out of 5 is amazingly powerful

2. Smaller jobs - people with a van, people who'll carry a heavy thing down a flight of stairs.

Yeah Bla Bla Cars is excellent limpwhacker. A car sharing thing, for those unaware, but so crazily popular that e.g. to get from Rennes to Paris tomorrow, you'd have maybe a few hundred offerings. All these things seem to be all about the critical mass.
                                                                      After I'd used it I did some reading up on it. Amazing story as to how it started up initially less than 20 years ago
                                                                      ​Now grown to be one of the largest and most profitable companies in France.

Comment

Liking the budget for this one

Comment

Apparently some guy in Morton Stadium Santry was shot by the starter gun last evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                            Daniel Negreanu had an epic meltdown recently, it's well worth a watch: https://www.cardschat.com/news/danie...e-poker-92470/
                                                                            From this Polk has managed to bait Daniel into two tabling him heads up at $200/$400 online.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The Irish system has its charms.
                                                                              ...
                                                                              'That is the cash price'

You never speak to Mary again.
                                                                              Way back when, sometime early 80's an American lady came into the shop looking for me do a job and price up some other bits she wanted done, we agreed a time 10:30 on Tuesday of the following week. I called out as arranged, turns out to be a fine big country house absolutely reeking of money, she answered the door and looked at me in shock asking what I was doing there. I told her I'd written down Tue 10:30 sorry if I got the time wrong but seeing as I'm here will we go ahead and do what needs to be done?. No, she says, its not the wrong time but I've been living in Ireland for six years now, we renovated this house from scratch and in all that you are the first Irish tradesman who ever turned up on time!
                                                                              I remember I did a whole load of business with her after that but now its doing my head in I can't remember her name or where exactly the house was... somewhere out near GAB or BrianMc one of those super affluent areas

Comment

This cricket is going rather badly for us.

Comment

From this Polk has managed to bait Daniel into two tabling him heads up at $200/$400 online.

If Polk wins it's expected, if he loses Daniel is a legend. Be great for us though. The pair of them are the only people I ever watch.

Comment

...

Comment

I see the orange man has moved to his inevitable next level. Claiming that if he can't win the election then there shouldn't be an election. Its all fun and games but also rather serious. Like I'd say these elections are going to be both violent, and if Trump loses, contested. You'd think the 35% (​​​​​​) economy contraction in the last three months and killing 150,000 people through outright stupidity would be enough, but ain't no stopping him now.
                                                                                      Can you smell burnt toast?

Comment

I see the orange man has moved to his inevitable next level. Claiming that if he can't win the election then there shouldn't be an election. Its all fun and games but also rather serious. Like I'd say these elections are going to be both violent, and if Trump loses, contested. You'd think the 35% (​​​​​​) economy contraction in the last three months and killing 150,000 people through outright stupidity would be enough, but ain't no stopping him now.
                                                                                        can't really pin that on him tbf, much as we would like to

Comment

can't really pin that on him tbf, much as we would like to
                                                                                          This ? RIP etc
                                                                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Do you really think nobody in the US would have died from Covid under a different administration?
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

How likely do people think it is that Trump won't peacefully exit the white house if he loses?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Do you really think nobody in the US would have died from Covid under a different administration?
                                                                                                50 people standing in the middle of the street

you come flying around a blind corner on your bike at 60 in a 30 zone and go straight into the middle of them

Will:

"If I was going the correct speed I would have hit a good few of them anyway" get you off with the cops when they arrive?

The stupid cunt has caused death and handled the situation as poorly as possible, the rest is deflection!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

If Polk wins it's expected, if he loses Daniel is a legend. Be great for us though. The pair of them are the only people I ever watch.
                                                                                                  We need Polk to absolutely butcher him for a couple of million or for Daniel to win for it to be good entertainment.

Comment

if a (sane) administration had applied best practice?

Obviously the answer can't be nobody but surely it's a number that is far less than 150k?

Comment

How likely do people think it is that Trump won't peacefully exit the white house if he loses?
                                                                                                      "My last action as President is to issue a blanket pardon for myself, for crimes that I may or may not have committed. Or indeed crimes that I may or may not commit in the future.'

Comment

"My last action as President is to issue a blanket pardon for myself, for crimes that I may or may not have committed. Or indeed crimes that I may or may not commit in the future.'
                                                                                                        Declare Kansas an independent nation called SuperTrumpLand having moved a load of assists their the week before he leaves

Comment

if a (sane) administration had applied best practice?

Obviously the answer can't be nobody but surely it's a number that is far less than 150k?
                                                                                                          The press conferences would have been different. But they would have been given and followed the same advice, and they'd have had the same governers and mayors.

Comment

The press conferences would have been different. But they would have been given and followed the same advice, and they'd have had the same governers and mayors.
                                                                                                            And after 3 years of Hillary you'd probably have more people refusing to wear masks in protest.
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Nope, not even close to the truth.

Comment

Hillary probably would have bombed Wuhan.

Mrs. Clinton had refused to talk to the president for eight months after the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke. She resumed talking to her husband only when she phoned him and urged him in the strongest terms to begin bombing Serbia; the president began bombing within 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Nope, not even close to the truth.
                                                                                                                  You're right actually. Things possibly would have been worse since there would have been far more inward travel from infected areas.

Comment

And after 3 years of Hillary you'd probably have more people refusing to wear masks in protest.
                                                                                                                    That is absolutely bollocks.

Trump made the masks wearing and indeed the whole Covid thing a partisan issue which was fucking insane.
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      This cricket is going rather badly for us.
                                                                                                                      we're going to get trounced but at least we managed to get up to semi-respectability

Comment

Has CC come out of the closet as a Trumpejit? I hope the parents take it well .

Comment

This is really cool..

Open a new window somewhere in the world

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X