X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Chorizo.
    We like to fish for a classier type of crab...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

We've done it a few times out west. Last year, Mrs Mrs Lao Lao's eldest nephew (8 years old) was down at the pier for hours with a bit of chorizo stuck to a line and he'd managed to catch about 20 small crabs (all of which got thrown back in) He absolutely loved it!
        Should have brought a WWE toy wrestling ring and had a battle royale with the 20 crabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
          he'd managed to catch about 20 small crabs (all of which got thrown back in) He absolutely loved it!
          Or one small crab 20 times.

I’m sure the crab had a fantastic day too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            Or one small crab 20 times.

I’m sure the crab had a fantastic day too.
            No, he had a big bucket full of water and put each crab in as he caught them. Then at the end, we put them all back in the sea as they were too small to eat.

Comment

When we were retailing white and brown goods in the 80's we were losing huge amount of sales in white goods to the ESB retail operation where you could put anything on your bill. We could only offer finance through block finance we would underwrite ourselves or even more expensive hire purchase type options. To help compete we started marketing 6 months interest free credit and it was an enormous success.
              The banks used to issue cards that as well as being atm cards were also cheque guarantees that allowed you to write a cheque up to £50 that was protected from bouncing. So there was no contract the buyer paid at least 20% up front and then just wrote and signed five post dated cheques for the balance. If the balance was for more than 250 you'd get a different batch of cheques off a different guarantee card often the other party on a joint account.
              Level of problems for us was really tiny but as loads more retailers started doing similar the banks went apeshit tried claiming this was fraud on our part and after while they went as far as bouncing cheques that had been guaranteed and were backed by funds because the cheque number sequence showed that they were post dated and only honouring them on representing by when they would have stuck on a fee. I remember towards the end having people write the cheques from different parts of the cheque book. Absolute cunce
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If this report from Kings saying covid immunity is time limited is true its going to be a fairly bleak winter
                https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...study-suggests

Comment

WTF is going on with the Luke Kelly statue, is it just general vandalism or some sort of gobshite art critics

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      If this report from Kings saying covid immunity is time limited is true its going to be a fairly bleak winter
                      We are all gonna die . Shag that young 50 year old woman from the village that you've had your eye on. You might not get another chance.

Comment

Ryan Depaulo has a youtube channel dedicated to him being a compete degen. Firing at slots, video poker the whole deal. He just took down the big 500 WSOP event for $200k. What makes it funny is that he did it while mooching off Whole Foods wifi playing in the parking lot on a tablet in his car.

Ecy2YT9X0AAREO9?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

Bought a length of string and some picnic ham out of a shop. Reckon the crabs deserve a snack if they're going to suffer the indignity of being hauled out of the water by jackeens.

Plus I ate some of their relations in Mary Anns of Casteltwonshend last night.
                          Went crab fishing off Unionhall pier using the Sickpuppy patented method with SuperValu ham. This was spurned by all crustaceans present so maybe the chorizo approach is the correct one. Did attract a curious seal.

Kids then jumped off the pier multiple times which was deemed superior recreation. Now at Rosscarbery doing the Lagoon activity stuff, well kids are. I swerved this inflatable fun in favour of a kayak around. Not a bad day once the sun came out.

Fishing for crab off pier <<<<< jumping off pier.

Sorry Mick.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Think they use different partners dependent on country. Like it's a group called Cofidis here in France. Yeah its a serious strength as obv they sell literally everything. Handy enough for cash flow. I'd say I've used it maybe 6-8 times as its built into the platform.
                              Guessing it's 0% unless you're late?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                  I see Fontaines DC are back with a new album and lathers of accidental Partridge:

"Some people feel that we were speaking on behalf of Dublin when we wrote Dogrel. The album is influenced by Dublin, but I don’t feel like I’ve any licence to speak for Ireland"

"We wanted to capture the underbelly of LA, but what we had was too polished."

Lol. Lisa Simpson goes to rock school.

Big Jack is turning in his grave.
                                  Someone told me they had written and possibly recorded 3+ albums of material as part of a 5 year plan.

Seeing them live just reminded me of Donny Tourettes on Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

Comment

Donal Trump re-tweeted this earlier. Jail is too good for him.

Comment

Comment

Went crab fishing off Unionhall pier using the Sickpuppy patented method with SuperValu ham. This was spurned by all crustaceans present so maybe the chorizo approach is the correct one. Did attract a curious seal.

Kids then jumped off the pier multiple times which was deemed superior recreation. Now at Rosscarbery doing the Lagoon activity stuff, well kids are. I swerved this inflatable fun in favour of a kayak around. Not a bad day once the sun came out.

Fishing for crab off pier <<<<< jumping off pier.

Sorry Mick.
                                        When did I mention using Serrano ham? A bashed up barnacle guts out will smell attract the crafty crustaceans. A road kill badger would be the nut bait though.

Comment

Comment

Comment

You'd also imagine he wouldn't have risked the court case itself unless it was something that he really felt he just couldn't let stand. Given the risk of taking the case is far more than the risk of not taking the case.
                                              Haven't been following it, though I generally doubt he has any grip on reality.
                                              “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”

Comment

A tough three emails and we've now a nice apartment sorted in Dublin. It appears the rental 'crisis' was a hoax - nice job FAKE NEWS IPB. I'm now starting to wonder if this covid crap ye were going on about for the last while is even a thing.
                                                A good few people I know have left the country, seems a lot easier to rent. Students gone back home too etc. Friend just got a 2 bed in smithfield for 1200. My housemate moved out too, now I live alone, oh baby. At the same time I saw people offering a shared room for 550 yesterday (4 people in a 2 bed), and another place was 1k for a room in a shared place.
                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-07-20, 18:23.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    Someone told me they had written and possibly recorded 3+ albums of material as part of a 5 year plan.
                                                    Sigh... more business men making music. As if Spotify shitting over recorded music and Covid-19 pissing on live music wasn't enough.

Comment

At least we have CMAT... a true Dublin legend in the making (I hope).

Comment

WTF is going on with the Luke Kelly statue, is it just general vandalism or some sort of gobshite art critics
                                                        Think it's more a 'fuck 12' thing than anything related to Luke Kelly.

Comment

Bought a length of string and some picnic ham out of a shop.:
                                                          How long was the piece of string?

Comment

The most recent episode of Snowpiercer was quite the event. A proper elevation of an already excellent series.
                                                            Really very enjoyable. Last few episodes really stepped up a notch. The season finale was a two episodes event and was really fun to watch.
                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Cowan was probably too pissed to remember doing a runner from the checkpoint

Comment

I work in a factory making plastic Dracula statues. There are only two of us on the line.

I make every second count.
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Nearly attacked by this fucker earlier. Think I'll eat inside next time

Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

They have known who the vandal was for some time.

Comment

Hard to see Johnny Depp losing this case at the moment. Kinda glad to see that, as his movie druggy harmless persona seems quite realistic so far.
                                                                        Interesting turn

https://meaww.com/amp/elon-musk-migh...mpression=true

Comment

ha, so it seems the council aren't actually as stupid as they look.

Scorn not his simplicity but rather try to love him all the more. - the defence rests .

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                            They have known who the vandal was for some time.
                                                                            It was my brother Sylvest

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                              I work in a factory making plastic Dracula statues. There are only two of us on the line.

I make every second count.
                                                                              Do vampire parents tell their children not to run with a wooden stake?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Sigh... more business men making music. As if Spotify shitting over recorded music and Covid-19 pissing on live music wasn't enough.
                                                                                  What do you make of this kind of stuff?

https://marker.medium.com/the-man-wh...g-75df0024155b

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/new...perty-1025898/

Valuations seem crazy to me. Spotify revenue was 6.7bn last year, worldwide royalties were 10bn. Unless there's a massive paradigm shift it's tough to see this working out.

Comment

Dunno if this tip is any good but worth a watch for the Pronunciation of pods name alone
                                                                                    https://youtu.be/VdcNBcqMB1A

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

It was my brother Sylvest
                                                                                      That the brother with an arm like a leg ?
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

That the brother with an arm like a leg ?
                                                                                        Yep , lives in Italy now. He walked there.

Comment

Valuations seem crazy to me. Spotify revenue was 6.7bn last year, worldwide royalties were 10bn. Unless there's a massive paradigm shift it's tough to see this working out.
                                                                                          TBH I can see where they those new IP businesses are coming from. It's risky yes and the valuations seem high now BUT I think bands and record companies have traditionally been rather shortsighted and this is a much longer play, monetising catalogues hard over many decades with a much broader vision of where the opportunities might be.

And I don't really have a problem with that for bands/artists which are big business.

The main risks I'd highlight is that the ubiquity which will come from putting their images and songs in places they traditionally may not have been will dilute their cache (in the west) and they won't get anything near the return they might think they will from 'emerging' markets in the east.

Might be another case of Guy Hands catastrophic takeover of EMI a decade ago but this move seems different. It's music industry insiders trying to disrupt with a near bottomless pit of cash.

The challenge will be to get the revenue streams robust enough before the money runs out and/or the often very fickle world of celebrity/entertainment either pushes back against the prices or something like another global recession/depression (or something like cancel culture) create an insurmountable structural shift.

Comment

Fascinating read.

Comment

“There’s a Fontaines DC 12-inch,” Sean says.
                                                                                              “I need that,” Mercuriadis replies.

I've been wondering recently where have all the great songwriters gone, he's buying up the arse end of the catalog IMO.

Comment

Comment

Yer drunk , yer drunk you silly ol fool still you cannot see , that's a plate of grub that me mammy made for tea.

Comment

Comment

Bros new apt in London, "converted police station", lol. Must call over for a jacuzzi bath...
                                                                                                      https://www.chestertons.com/en-gb/pr...park/bps200044

Must be able to get a great spot here for that price too though?
                                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-07-20, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                        Bros new apt in London, "converted police station", lol. Must call over for a jacuzzi bath...
                                                                                                        https://www.chestertons.com/en-gb/pr...park/bps200044

Must be able to get a great spot here for that price too though?
                                                                                                        lovely spot but public transport (other than buses) is inexistent there

Comment

...

Comment

I think, like me, my bro walks everywhere. Suppose you'd take a bus or walk through the park to the tube if need be. I do like how handy my other bro in London has it, he's in Stockwell so a few minutes into town on the tube if you want.

Comment

...

Comment

Rented the spoilered for about the same price. I think your bro won this round! Man Dublin accommodation is so shite. Think it's quite large though - about 95sqm - although weirdly the letting agent had no idea what size it was, which is surely the first piece of info you'd have on hand.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                https://touch.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-newpark-newtown-avenue-blackrock-co-dublin/2523045
                                                                                                                Yeah actually even more similar price since he haggled to £2230. Tbh I see so many great looking places in London that accom here is depressing. Everywhere my friends or brothers live there is always much nicer than any place I've lived. I keep an eye on apartments there out of interest if I move, and there are a hell of a lot of quality ones.

It's strange how often the size is missing from ads here. That's large, his is 78.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-07-20, 12:16.

Comment

Rented the spoilered for about the same price. I think your bro won this round! Man Dublin accommodation is so shite. Think it's quite large though - about 95sqm - although weirdly the letting agent had no idea what size it was, which is surely the first piece of info you'd have on hand.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  https://touch.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-newpark-newtown-avenue-blackrock-co-dublin/2523045
                                                                                                                  once you're there it's a lot easier to find nicer places. you'll see that the people who go to that school move around a lot so there are a good few houses in the neighborhood which come on the market every year come the end of June, so keep an eye out for who is leaving the school

Comment

ha, so it seems the council aren't actually as stupid as they look.

A man in his 40s. What the fuck? I could accept kids and teenagers taking the piss but a fully grown adult...why?
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I think mentally preparing for a second period of lockdown (particularly if you live in an urban part of the country) is prudent.
                                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X