Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHy would you continue to restrict the unvaccinated. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated can carry and transmit it, the vaccinated just get less sick.
    Why do people still care who doesn't get vaccinated and what them restricted.

​​​​​​Everyones had the chance to get a vaccine now just open up everything, it's all long over in my eyes, the media etc won't stop talking about it for years so it's time to declare in done in your own head and go back to living
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Why not reopen everything in any case? Vaccinated people won't get very sick right?
      The UK have been open for months now and are just getting on with it.
      The hospital should be able to cope at this stage.
      just to annoy ComradeCollie

We as a society only move as quick as our slowest members
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        WHy would you continue to restrict the unvaccinated. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated can carry and transmit it, the vaccinated just get less sick.

​​​​​​Everyones had the chance to get a vaccine now just open up everything, it's all long over in my eyes, the media etc won't stop talking about it for years so it's time to declare in done in your own head and go back to living
        I agree, it's done. Idgaf who does or does not get vaccinated, it's your own choice but if they're holding back a reopening, their lives should be severely restricted.

If govt announced a full reopening tomorrow, I'd be delighted and wouldnt give a single thought as to whether someone had a vaccine or not. But it's the excuse govt will use to keep some level of restrictions in place and in that case, the unvaccinated should be severely limited so the rest of us can carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

100% but I'm assuming the hospitals couldnt cope with the potential numbers?

10% unvaccinated = 450k?
          1% of them needs ICU = 4500?
          How many ICU beds?

Or is that all wrong (i know they wont all have it at once but still)
          I'd say nearly every unvaccinated person is 12-24. Mainly parents deciding not to vaccinate. Making the vaccination a condition of schooling would solve most of the remaining non vaccinated.

The next issue is 5-11 age group. Which is by far the largest unvaccinated number in the population. The vaccine has been approved in US for that age group (I think?), just not in Europe yet. We need to speed that up.

There almost no unvaccinated middle aged freaks. It's up near 98/99% vaccinated in older age groups? We have a young people vaccination problem. Mainly a parental problem.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

To boldly go where no 90 year old has gone before

Comment

Hector Jelly has nowhere to insult anyone any more

I shall post a poker hand later so.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  Sent that exact clip to a girl I know with her new baby Tom a few weeks ago. Class version.. I liked Everything but the girls version.

you might be interested in the back story . Simon & Garfunkel called each other Tom and Jerry. . story posted in post below . Cant link it here

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 13-10-21, 20:54.

Comment

The Only Living Boy In New York was Paul Simon's farewell to Art Garfunkel. It was included on their final album Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Comment

Went to Volpe Nera for dinner tonight. Best meal I've had in a long time (not that I've been out for dinner as much the last 18 months)

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        Hector Jelly has nowhere to insult anyone any more

I shall post a poker hand later so.
                        Da fuck, what I do??
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Was thinking about the Christmas panto as a fun kid xmas experience, but its €140 for the tickets. Finding it very hard to click yes on that.

Comment

Just watched Chappelle's new show. I enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Da fuck, what I do??
                              You polarised your hand , I folded KK preflop. Thought is was 50 50 you have AA . you chimps dont fool me .

Comment

You polarised your hand , I folded KK preflop. Thought is was 50 50 you have AA . you chimps dont fool me .
                                I was playing me favourite hand... 72o
                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I assume that the biggest factor was that unvaccinated people will have a higher viral load and thus much more likely to carry it, more like to spread, and more likely to contribute to mutations.
                                  Lots of facebook logic and false equivalence knocking about, most of it probably on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    I played Bunclody Golf Club yesterday. One of the finest courses I've played in Ireland with an amazing clubhouse to go with it. Can highly recommend if anybody was so inclined.
                                    Always thought Bunclody was one of the nicest towns in Ireland. Off the beaten track and all the better for it.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sent that exact clip to a girl I know with her new baby Tom a few weeks ago. Class version.. I liked Everything but the girls version.

you might be interested in the back story . Simon & Garfunkel called each other Tom and Jerry. . story posted in post below . Cant link it here

just scrolled back looking for multiple versions of that song, expecting to find a some good ones, and a borderline version from a girl that you didn't like.
                                      then I click it. sometime capitals letters don't matter, sometimes they do

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I assume that the biggest factor was that unvaccinated people will have a higher viral load and thus much more likely to carry it, more like to spread, and more likely to contribute to mutations.
                                        Lots of facebook logic and false equivalence knocking about, most of it probably on facebook.
                                        We don't seem to care too much about mutations when it comes to third world countries getting vaccines
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Always thought Bunclody was one of the nicest towns in Ireland. Off the beaten track and all the better for it.
                                          I used to spend a bit of time in Bunclody as a child felt like a different planet then! That whole area between the Barrow and Slaney is beautiful, some great spots for a quiet break.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

We don't seem to care too much about mutations when it comes to third world countries getting vaccines
                                            The rollout in the third world is not currently being constrained by supply.
                                            We could and should give as many people as possible here a third dose without any need for hand wringing about depriving others of vaccine.

Mutations can and will happen everywhere, we should be every bit if not more concerned about mutations that emerge successfully in highly vaccinated populations, they are the ones that could send us back to 2020.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

One thing you hear a lot from the anti-vaxx crowd is that the vaccines are not approved. Well not fully approved anyway. I think if the EMA were to fully approve some of the vaccines, like the FDA did, at least this argument could be knocked on the head.
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Mask wearing needs to remain as I spent 30 quid this week on this silk one from Jennifer Rothwell based on Harry Clarke's Eve of St Agnes in the Hugh Lane gallery. Spoilered for largeness.

SPOILER
                                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                  One thing you hear a lot from the anti-vaxx crowd is that the vaccines are not approved. Well not fully approved anyway. I think if the EMA were to fully approve some of the vaccines, like the FDA did, at least this argument could be knocked on the head.
                                                  Just put an apartheid system in place that makes their life as difficult and uncomfortable as possible until they get vaxxed.

Comment

just scrolled back looking for multiple versions of that song, expecting to find a some good ones, and a borderline version from a girl that you didn't like.
                                                    then I click it. sometime capitals letters don't matter, sometimes they do
                                                    I forget I'm not merely addressing Ole when I reply. I'm sure he knew the band I mentioned .

Comment

You think people are intentional withholding vaccines from third world countries?
                                                      Not sure what you're getting at tbh.

Edit to clarify
                                                      Talking about first world countries withholding. Obvious the Tanzanian or wherever government being in covid denial and actively hindering their citizens is a different matter.
                                                      Last edited by Mellor; 14-10-21, 11:59.

Comment

I forget I'm not merely addressing Ole when I reply. I'm sure he knew the band I mentioned .
                                                        I did too. In passing at least. I just didn't connect that song to the band at the time.

Comment

Lasting memory of them is just giving up one night on TOTP, couldn't sync with the miming.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

You think people are intentional withholding vaccines from third world countries?
                                                            Not sure what you're getting at tbh.

Edit to clarify
                                                            Talking about first world countries withholding. Obvious the Tanzanian or wherever government being in covid denial and actively hindering their citizens is a different matter.
                                                            Ah not getting at anything really. Just mean countries with low levels of vaccines are likely to create mutations more than the small percentage of unvaccinated here
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Ah not getting at anything really. Just mean countries with low levels of vaccines are likely to create mutations more than the small percentage of unvaccinated here
                                                              That 10% are making a decent effort at fucking up our health system for the rest of us, and the people who work in it.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Lasting memory of them is just giving up one night on TOTP, couldn't sync with the miming.
                                                                I dont wanna talk about it

Comment

Yeah, any population where it’s travelling about unchecked is a risk. It’s one thing if people are unvaccinated because they don’t have access to a vaccine, or their government won’t recognise it.
                                                                  But a bit different is people are not vaccinated because they couldn’t be bothered.

Comment

I see is out for a gallop around the Curragh at 2.50

Comment

Yeah, any population where it’s travelling about unchecked is a risk. It’s one thing if people are unvaccinated because they don’t have access to a vaccine, or their government won’t recognise it.
                                                                      But a bit different is people are not vaccinated because they couldn’t be bothered.
                                                                      Or because they're mainlining bullshit.

I doubt there's very few in the 'couldn't be bothered' cohort.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        Mask wearing needs to remain as I spent 30 quid this week on this silk one from Jennifer Rothwell based on Harry Clarke's Eve of St Agnes in the Hugh Lane gallery. Spoilered for largeness.

SPOILER
                                                                        I would have thought you'd be more of a

SPOILER

type of mask

Comment

That 10% are making a decent effort at fucking up our health system for the rest of us, and the people who work in it.
                                                                          I mentioned it yesterday also, and think its correct - there's not 10% of gobshites walking around. The unvaccinated are nearly exclusively 12-17-year-olds whose parents don't think its a good idea for them, and a few 18-24-year-olds who are remmants of that system. I'm not suggesting the parents aren't gobshites - but their rationale could well be the right rationale for their kids. So blocking people entry to pubs won't solve any problems. Its at the parental level rather than the jbravado level of conspiracy bullshitology that we need to be addressing our efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I mentioned it yesterday also, and think its correct - there's not 10% of gobshites walking around. The unvaccinated are nearly exclusively 12-17-year-olds whose parents don't think its a good idea for them, and a few 18-24-year-olds who are remmants of that system. I'm not suggesting the parents aren't gobshites - but their rationale could well be the right rationale for their kids. So blocking people entry to pubs won't solve any problems. Its at the parental level rather than the jbravado level of conspiracy bullshitology that we need to be addressing our efforts.

Current vaccinations by age group. Shows that 364,800 people who are aged 10 to 19 have been vaccinated so far. HSE covid vaccine centre data.

azgMH3Tl.jpg

2016 census, and therefore a likely underestimate of that population, shows the population in that age group is 622,292. CSO data.

xLic0X2.png

So that age group of 10-19 is only 364800/622292 = 59% vaccinated. And those missing 300,000 unvaccinated kids are nearly all of the remaining people to be vaccinated. The kids - or more accurately - their parents - are almost the only problem we face with vaccination.

Comment

Or because they're mainlining bullshit.

I doubt there's very few in the 'couldn't be bothered' cohort.
                                                                              Buying bullshit because you couldn’t be bother to do the most basic fact checking is not dissimilar

Comment

I see is out for a gallop around the Curragh at 2.50
                                                                                Looked like he would get involved 2f down but just plugged on at the same pace.

Sounds like many of us tbf.

Comment

Whats a rock solid travel insurance that you could pay yearly and would no-nonsense pay out in the case of something going wrong? I don't trust the standalone websites or airline offered insurances.

Comment

Whats a rock solid travel insurance that you could pay yearly and would no-nonsense pay out in the case of something going wrong? I don't trust the standalone websites or airline offered insurances.
                                                                                    Used to get mine from aib, was cheap. Now comes as part of health insurance. Never had to claim though so this post is probably very little use to you
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

just had the winning bid in a charity auction at work. 4 ball at sunningdale with Charlie Atkinson (wasps fly half) plus lunch and drinks, for cheaper than the cost of 2 rounds at the golf course which is usually 300 quid a round per person . sounds like a good day out in perspective.

Comment

Was thinking about the Christmas panto as a fun kid xmas experience, but its €140 for the tickets. Finding it very hard to click yes on that.
                                                                                        Oh yes you will.

Comment

Where would I source a Mac Book. Mia is looking for one for Xmas, I know they range in different prices, would the cheapest one do? She will be using it for school work etc

Also would there be blank Friday deals somewhere.

I haven't a clue on Apple products, so any help appreciated.
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                            Where would I source a Mac Book. Mia is looking for one for Xmas, I know they range in different prices, would the cheapest one do? She will be using it for school work etc

Wait for the "Black Friday" sales
                                                                                            at the end of November.
                                                                                            There's always deals featuring
                                                                                            the previous generation models then.

Also consider the Microsoft Surface Pro
                                                                                            as their OneNote software is spectacular
                                                                                            for note taking in the classroom.
                                                                                            Albeit she might want the iPad for fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

I've bought stuff from this crowd before, and was very happy with them. Though I know nothing about apple products.https://www.greenit.ie/product-categ...shed-macbooks/
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

Wait for the "Black Friday" sales
                                                                                                at the end of November.
                                                                                                There's always deals featuring
                                                                                                the previous generation models then.

Also consider the Microsoft Surface Pro
                                                                                                as their OneNote software is spectacular
                                                                                                for note taking in the classroom.
                                                                                                Albeit she might want the iPad for fashion.
                                                                                                She uses an Ipad in school and was saying she can air drop or whatever its called using the mac.
                                                                                                I'm hoping this will still be of use for when she goes to college, she's transition year now. I genuinely haven't a clue about Apple products, generations etc
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I've bought stuff from this crowd before, and was very happy with them. Though I know nothing about apple products.https://www.greenit.ie/product-categ...shed-macbooks/
                                                                                                  Jesus that nearly looks to good to be true lol but again the different generations I haven't a clue . I'd like to keep it at around 1k and get something fairly up to date so it will last if you get me if possible.
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Stone cold sober and have no problem with alcohol, have no need for AA.
                                                                                                    I been a a redic bad mood all week. Hope it was obviously more about me than any poster. Though I do have huge a problem with people over 25 having beards that I'm working on.

Comment

I'd stay away from refurbished units and focus on something new with a warranty.

Apple's latest MacBooks abandoned Intel
                                                                                                      chips & came with their own inhouse M1 chip
                                                                                                      which resulted in better battery life.

You should set the base line at
                                                                                                      8GB of memory & 256GB of storage
                                                                                                      with an Intel i5 or Apple M1 processor.

There's a new MacBook Pro
                                                                                                      getting announced shortly
                                                                                                      and that combined with
                                                                                                      fully laden warehouses of old stock
                                                                                                      because of depressed sales during COViD
                                                                                                      mean this year's sales should be significant.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                                        If I were you I would considering growing some hair and features

Comment

Many saints of Newark was fairly disappointing
                                                                                                          what was the point?
                                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

How does the Revolut sign up bonus work? Does the new account need to lodge funds?

Group of people in work do a lotto syndicate when the jackpot is big. Could probably generate about €600 from Revolut by getting people signed up.

Intention is to plough it into the lotto, not my back pocket.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Surprised there has been no mention of the Home Alone reboot from ye filthy animals

Comment

Have to cancel Mr Fox tonight as babysitter has to go for a covid test. Cancellation fee of €61 per person. Well done to all the fuckwads who made it socially acceptable for restaurants to do that.

Comment

Have to cancel Mr Fox tonight as babysitter has to go for a covid test. Cancellation fee of €61 per person. Well done to all the fuckwads who made it socially acceptable for restaurants to do that.
                                                                                                                  Turn up at Restaurant with the kids . When they turn you away , get indignant. Go for Eddie Rockets . WIN WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                    Surprised there has been no mention of the Home Alone reboot from ye filthy animals

Not sure how I feel about Aishling B. Dont find her that amusing but she is cute so my laughing is guided by that dirty place where all da wimmins are judged . Sue me wokeys. Really is a boring ol crop of mainstream comedians these days . The US winning in this regard .

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                                                      I'd stay away from refurbished units and focus on something new with a warranty.

Apple's latest MacBooks abandoned Intel
                                                                                                                      chips & came with their own inhouse M1 chip
                                                                                                                      which resulted in better battery life.

You should set the base line at
                                                                                                                      8GB of memory & 256GB of storage
                                                                                                                      with an Intel i5 or Apple M1 processor.

There's a new MacBook Pro
                                                                                                                      getting announced shortly
                                                                                                                      and that combined with
                                                                                                                      fully laden warehouses of old stock
                                                                                                                      because of depressed sales during COViD
                                                                                                                      mean this year's sales should be significant.
                                                                                                                      Herself has the M1 for work and it's a great machine tbf but has a couple of annoyances. Surprisingly Apple never finished coding out the bug to support more than 1 external monitor using the M1. There is a workaround but it means buying dongles and specific docking stations.

Also there are reports of lots of thunderbolt docks/hubs frying motherboards on the M1 but that is generally accepted as an Apple issue (which they as usual won't acknowledge). Don't buy a cheap or unbranded hub - you will need one as they only come with usb-c ports.

DeeBrown is spot on about the discounts and sticking to a new one vs refurb, well worth waiting for Black Friday.

Comment

Get a different babysitter? You must have tons of neighbours with teenage kids who are gasping for the opportunity to watch your TV for money.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about Aishling B. Dont find her that amusing but she is cute so my laughing is guided by that dirty place where all da wimmins are judged . Sue me wokeys. Really is a boring ol crop of mainstream comedians these days . The US winning in this regard .
                                                                                                                          I can’t think of a single uk comedian in the past few years whos any good- the panel shows are uniformly awful

theviper /Francis Higgins now that’s comedy

irish comedy scene seems very small and incestous- hard to
                                                                                                                          have any bite when you’re pimping yourself out for shit beer/cider brands and having cosy chats with David McWilliams at music festivals
                                                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X