This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Haven't seen it but the very description of tearing the minister a new one proves my point.
    Rodney rice would be spinning in his grave at what passes for Journalism in RTE these days.
    It's meaningless nonsense.

There doesn't even seem to be any story worthy of needing an extra asshole ripped. There's just a good news story about restrictions being lifted?
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

It's meaningless nonsense.

There doesn't even seem to be any story worthy of needing an extra asshole ripped. There's just a good news story about restrictions being lifted?
      Much like the BBV eh or twitter. . Most of TV political debate is nonsense especially on RTE . So it boils down to a battle of wits for viewing pleasure . . In this regard she tore one of our supposed top politicians who debate for a living a new hole. Now nostalgia aside she is a top journalist. And of course that accent.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        she is a top journalist.
        That's just objectively wrong, she was a mediocre at best columnist in the c.5000 circulation Tribune and has been a presenter on shouty radio programmes.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Don't want to come across as the Mcinerney of the BBV given I'm unsure on your need for a new asshole, but solks I think if you're watching news shows or reading newspapers you are making poor life decisions.

Comment

Don't want to come across as the Mcinerney of the BBV given I'm unsure on your need for a new asshole, but solks I think if you're watching news shows or reading newspapers you are making poor life decisions.
            Enjoy a good Sunday rag + fry but news shows are garbage especially RTÉ - meaningless noise
            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Have to say though this article about a woman being mildly inconvenienced was beautiful stuff from the indo given recent headlines from abroad

sample quote
              It was the worst airport experience imaginable
              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Lol you could apply that to anything on TV . I'm sure most of my TV watching is poor ie sports, music documentaries, Netflix eg watching human nature atm however I've managed to avoid the Twitter cesspool in the main. Now that's a poor life decision. #teamsarah

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                  Have to say though this article about a woman being mildly inconvenienced was beautiful stuff from the indo given recent headlines from abroad

sample quote
                  That would make you puke.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

sample quote
                    Wow how is she allowed out of the house.

Comment

Anyone know how long a rotator cuff injury usually takes to clear up?

Before yesterday, I wasn't even aware I had rotator cuffs and would have assumed it would they would be a design feature on the kind of impactful shirt that V would buy.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

That would make you puke.
                        I think it was largely written with tongue in cheek.

Although I'll find out shortly as I had the stupidity to engage with someone yesterday on a topic and found myself landed with multiple business trips.

My response of 'why can't X (whose job it is) go?' met with 'she's terrified of covid'.

Leading me to assume I am an expendable foot solider which sounds about right.

Comment

Pissed out quite the kidney stone this morning. The kind of pain that reminds you you're alive

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Ah FFS!

Oh man that's insane 21mm

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Before yesterday, I wasn't even aware I had rotator cuffs and would have assumed it would they would be a design feature on the kind of impactful shirt that V would buy.
                              According to my witch doctor hippy , most rotator cuff injuries are misdiagnosed and they are in fact an imbalance that needs to be corrected . Usually emanating from a different part of the body.

Taking the traditional Physio route , you'll have to do some rehab with stretching and strengthening or at worst an operation.

Back to hippy witch doctor - most operations on this are unnecessary . Check yourself for any other injuries and discuss with your physio

Rotator cuffs are tres annoying.

Personally I'd suggest yoga or pilates now you are an ol fella .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Ah FFS!

Oh man that's insane 21mm
                                Nah, the top scale is imperial. Just over 8mm though, so still big enough. It also got stuck with about 1cm to go, and I had to shake it out the rest of the way. Fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Nah, the top scale is imperial. Just over 8mm though, so still big enough. It also got stuck with about 1cm to go, and I had to shake it out the rest of the way. Fun times.
                                  I hear a knitting needle comes in handy for the that...
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Potentially a very long time. I've a suspected rotator cuff injury and am waiting for the MRI result but have been having issues for about 6 months

Comment

Titbit

Apparently there was a variety artist in the early 20th century known as Nosmo King . Father of actor Jack Watson . One hundred years later I am amused. Well played Nosmo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Potentially a very long time. I've a suspected rotator cuff injury and am waiting for the MRI result but have been having issues for about 6 months
                                        oh yay

most of the time I wouldn't even be aware I had it but if I have to reach upwards or behind my back, then I get a shooting pain

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          Was reading an article about the upcoming top gun sequel, and was shocked to discover that val kilmer lost his voice (to cancer) in 2014. Absolutely love the fact Tom cruise said that the sequel couldn't be made without him (and rightly so).
                                          I read the other day that Ellen Page is now transgender Elliot Page. So now if you're watching an old film and you use the word she you need to be cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I read the other day that Ellen Page is now transgender Elliot Page. So now if you're watching an old film of hers and you use the word she you need to be cancelled.
                                            The world has gone crazy . Ya cant even slap the cute girl in personnel playfully on the arse any more . The rot set in when we allowed them to change their title from to HR . Notions.

Comment

oh yay

most of the time I wouldn't even be aware I had it but if I have to reach upwards or behind my back, then I get a shooting pain
                                              I gimped my left shoulder as a teenager playing up an age grade. Think small 13 year old vs 16 year old giant man child. It hasn't been right since and is even more trouble now in my thirties. It's WAAY more flexible than the right side but it's prone to flaring up. The only thing that's helpful is rotation exercises with rubber bands. Even when I was relatively fit bench press, overhead press and pushups could cause a flare-up if I was overdoing it. Watch out for those exercises if you're doing them and make sure you have rows/pulls in your routine as they will help balance out the push movements. Recovery is definitely slow and all I can say is don't ever stop doing your rehab exercises. Warm up well before any of those push movements and don't overload.

Comment

oh yay

mine still flares up (especially when swimming) 10 years on.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

mine still flares up (especially when swimming) 10 years on.
                                                  FU Shraaaaaap

where's the 'it'll clear up in a matter of days' type posts I was searching for here?

Comment

Anybody any experience with Change Management?

Am just starting to look into it with work - Am I massively over simplifying it by saying that it essentially project management under a new fancy title/buzz words?

Comment

With rotator cuff and similar shoulder problems be careful to follow through on the exercises the physio gives you. Any extended period of restricted movement risks bringing on a frozen shoulder which comes with Collie's kidney stone level of pain.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I gimped my left shoulder as a teenager playing up an age grade. Think small 13 year old vs 16 year old giant man child. It hasn't been right since and is even more trouble now in my thirties. It's WAAY more flexible than the right side but it's prone to flaring up. The only thing that's helpful is rotation exercises with rubber bands. Even when I was relatively fit bench press, overhead press and pushups could cause a flare-up if I was overdoing it. Watch out for those exercises if you're doing them and make sure you have rows/pulls in your routine as they will help balance out the push movements. Recovery is definitely slow and all I can say is don't ever stop doing your rehab exercises. Warm up well before any of those push movements and don't overload.
                                                        yeah, I've been doing pushups and planks daily since March (until this thing hit about 4 weeks ago) so that would make sense.

Bah.

Comment

Lol you could apply that to anything on TV . I'm sure most of my TV watching is poor ie sports, music documentaries, Netflix eg watching human nature atm however I've managed to avoid the Twitter cesspool in the main. Now that's a poor life decision. #teamsarah
                                                          Watching sport and music documentaries is definitely not a poor life decision.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I read the other day that Ellen Page is now transgender Elliot Page. So now if you're watching an old film of hers and you use the word she you need to be cancelled.
                                                            Surely doesn't apply retrospectively. Madness.

Bruce Jenner was a fantastic male athlete in his day. I'd love some cancelateer to explain how that's no longer accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Surely doesn't apply retrospectively. Madness.

Bruce Jenner was a fantastic male athlete in his day. I'd love some cancelateer to explain how that's no longer accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Watching sport and music documentaries is definitely not a poor life decision.
                                                                You are right of course . I meant in terms of time creep. I waste so much time on Bbc4 Sky Arts etc on my arse.

Comment

Titbit

Apparently there was a variety artist in the early 20th century known as Nosmo King . Father of actor Jack Watson . One hundred years later I am amused. Well played Nosmo.
                                                                  He's playing the Gaiety soon,
                                                                  signs advertising his gig at every exit door.
                                                                  No Smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail
                                                                    Merkel setting down at end of this month.
                                                                    Guy most likely to succeed her is known for doing this, which I am provisionally calling a Hitch move:

https://twitter.com/RagnarWeilandt/s...653222400?s=19
                                                                    He's not doing very well. The SPDs or even the Greens might sneak in as the biggest party.

The Green Party leader is a former trampolinist which is probably excellent training for a political career, given the amount of contortions required.

👍 👍 👍 Like & Abo !🔴 Sehen Sie hier "Körpersprache von Baerbock" ► https://youtu.be/5-bdtQnZmGg ✅🔴 Körpersprache von Laschet ► https://youtu.be/Le-O...

Comment

Merkel stepping down at end of this month.
                                                                      Guy most likely to succeed her is known for doing this, which I am provisionally calling a Hitch move:

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hi lads

Posted up on Job websites too but said I'd post here too if there'd be any interest to a patron of IPB or if you'd have any contact(s) who this may suit

Our most recent Product Designer has finished up and we are looking for someone on a temporary basis (likely 2-3 months) to assist in the completion of a Product Suite. Our client base includes Sports Teams, Media and Associations currently

Experience in Product Design (and a bit of Web Design) highly desirable as is an interest in Sports/Sports Analysis but they are not essential. Knowledge of Gaelic Games in particular would help but again, not essential

I'm attaching the tasks of the role here and if there's any interest, please PM me or contact jobs at nichesportsdata dot com or else davidk at nichesportsdata dot com
                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Real glitch in the matrix stuff there as RD3 responds to his alt-account before he posts the message he was responding to.

Raoul Duke III

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            Real glitch in the matrix stuff there as RD3 responds to his alt-account before he posts the message he was responding to.

Raoul Duke III
                                                                            At least you didn't discover my other 3 alt accounts

Micknail messing around imo, I definitely responded to him quite a few mins after he posted. Unless 6star's wayback machine has developed some fundamental flaws, I'd say he deleted and reposted.

Comment

We're been in business from the 14th Raoul

Comment

I do still.occasionally salivate when thinking of morcilla I had in some bar on the quays in Santander. The Spanish really do some amazing things with ham.

I'm sure there must be some cultural reason linked to the reconquista too as surely it was haram under Moorish rule.
                                                                                Yeah was reading about that was twitter recently. Essentially a cultural war against Jews and Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  We're been in business from the 14th Raoul
                                                                                  ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Anybody any experience with Change Management?

Am just starting to look into it with work - Am I massively over simplifying it by saying that it essentially project management under a new fancy title/buzz words?
                                                                                    Yep I'm deep in this world but somewhat learning as I go as we'd be somewhat poor at it. There's definitely some differences but In a lot of companies all projects will have a change element. It's more just a focus on the people element of change as opposed to a simpler project delivery that effects little or no people.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                      Merkel stepping down at end of this month.

It's like how the classic way to get 62% in an exam is to write it completely indecipherably. For fear of undermarking good answers and overmarking bad answers, and not wishing to actually spend the time understanding what was written: a low 2:1 is always the answer. Allegedly.

Comment

If you found Eliot Page attractive when he was in Juno, does that mean you are gay?
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                          If you found Eliot Page attractive when he was in Juno, does that mean you are gay?
                                                                                          Think it means you now were gay. Even if you weren't gay at the time, you now were gay.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Yep I'm deep in this world but somewhat learning as I go as we'd be somewhat poor at it. There's definitely some differences but In a lot of companies all projects will have a change element. It's more just a focus on the people element of change as opposed to a simpler project delivery that effects little or no people.
                                                                                            Prosci is a decent resource btw.
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Think it means you now were gay. Even if you weren't gay at the time, you now were gay.
                                                                                              Bitemporal gayness.

Makes sense.

Comment

Are you not meant to refer to the person as they then were, not how they now are. Unless you are using them then to discuss them now.

Bob was an awful driver in the 1980s. [past specific, use gender at the time]

Mary gets very emotional when driving. [current specific, use current preferred gender]

Even when she was younger she was an awful driver [refers to past but speaks about a current characteristic, so use current preferred gender]

Do please correct me if I'm wrong so I don't end up on the front page of an outrage mag.

Comment

Simon Covneys phone was hacked before ? Why are we only hearing about this now ? What a bunch of gangsters the lot of them.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                    Be more worried about Paedo leanings there.

Comment

Are you not meant to refer to the person as they then were, not how they now are. Unless you are using them then to discuss them now.

Mary gets very emotional when driving. [current specific, use current preferred gender]

Even when she was younger she was an awful driver [refers to past but speaks about a current characteristic, so use current preferred gender]

Do please correct me if I'm wrong so I don't end up on the front page of an outrage mag.
                                                                                                      You are definitely going to get cancelled.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Netflix have changed the credits for whatever show she did from Ellen to Elliot. Apparently the name pops up at the end of every episode and they contacted her after she came out to ask if she wanted to change the credits and she did, so they did.

Wouldn't get too hung up on it if I were you.

Comment

Be more worried about Paedo leanings there.
                                                                                                          When he was 20?
                                                                                                          He garnered critical acclaim for portraying the title role in Jason Reitman's film Juno (2007)

Comment

Can't really work when talking to the person though can it. I'm talking about last year so I'm calling you Bob in the story.
                                                                                                            I'd think the way it should work is you refer to Elliot in Juno like "he was playing a pregnant woman" etc.
                                                                                                            The character and actor get separated.

Comment

Got the second driving test fail out of the way today. 12 errors, when 8 are permitted. And a whopping nine of the errors were for lack of progress. I feel they are slightly making it up on the spot, as it was just nerves holding me back. But it is what it is. The examiner said - you probably just need to buy a car and drive around in it loads.

So, in surprising speed, I have now bought a car. I sat down, filtered cars down to electric only, and literally ordered a car in ten minutes, finance was approved two hours later, and a 2018 Nissan Leaf is turning up on Monday.

This begs a few questions:

1. Does a car normally come with a numberplate? I seem to need a numberplate for insurance. Weirdly that is not a googleable question - I guess it has to come with a numberplate, but want to be sure before emailing the warehouse?

2. Is it super super super strict that you can't drive by yourself, like say how drink driving is handled, or is it something that might just get a nod if you aren't acting the bollix and just driving around the neighbourhood practicing your turns?

Comment

Strewel will know more than I do obv but I usually just get a smattering of salamis + some ham. I don't get any packets.

Like this order was:
                                                                                                                2 * Salame di Coscia
                                                                                                                2 * Salamini 'Happy'
                                                                                                                2 * Salame Osteria
                                                                                                                a bitta ham
                                                                                                                a Coppa

delivery fee is €25 and it all comes beautifully packaged
                                                                                                                Fantastic.
                                                                                                                Copied this and it's on the way.
                                                                                                                Should see me in meat for months, thanks hugely.

Now, just need cheese recomendations
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

No way is that not a fishing exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Can't really work when talking to the person though can it. I'm talking about last year so I'm calling you Bob in the story.
                                                                                                                    I'd think the way it should work is you refer to Elliot in Juno like "he was playing a pregnant woman" etc.
                                                                                                                    The character and actor get separated.
                                                                                                                    Ah okay?

I was thinking of a famous economist, now known as Deirdre McCloskey, who was Donald McCloskey up until the age of 53. I thought I remember reading before that when citing her earlier work, you were meant to cite the work by the previous name of Donald as that was the publication name. I frequently use her work hence it popping into my mind.

Comment

@hitch - just take her over to the Walkinstown roundabout for a spin, you'll be like Lewis Hamilton after 10 mins

Comment

It's like how the classic way to get 62% in an exam is to write it completely indecipherably. For fear of undermarking good answers and overmarking bad answers, and not wishing to actually spend the time understanding what was written: a low 2:1 is always the answer. Allegedly.
                                                                                                                        Long story that I've probably told before but my leaving cert history which I'd absolutely aced got a NG but it was sent back to the school with with a note on the cover of the transcript that said that the examiner 'refused to read any further', the inference to the school was that the handwriting was illegible (at that time it was standard to turn out > 20 tightly spaced foolscap pages in a 3 hour a LC honours history paper) . But I knew the truth was I'd got a SF/IRA fellow traveller as an examiner and he couldn't handle having to deal with my devastating and irrefutable critiquei n Question 1 of the venerable Padraig Pearse as a savage thug, proto fascist, probable peadophile and certainly the single worst Irish poet ever published.
                                                                                                                        That N.G. remains one of my proudest achievements, the school and the good teacher I had then were adamant I should get it remarked but I wasn't arsed to. Would love have the transcript now

Comment

So, our record defeat is 7-0 if memory serves me corrrectly (over 7.5 goals is 100/1 tonight - seen worse 100/1 shots)

20 years to the day since we beat the Dutch, was a great day.

Might inspire them to something tonight (insert eek face)

COYBIG
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 01-09-21, 15:54.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X