Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally I happened to run into John Small in that bar in Kilkenny and had a brief chat with him. He seems like a nice fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

biologico, brianza, carpaccio celtico, celtico, familia, fratell spreafico, italiano, lecco, nessun conservante, oggiono, organico, passione, prosciuttificio, prosciutto, prosciutto dolce

I'll put one of the Osteria aside for you from my next order or trip to Italy whichever comes first.
      I would be totally grateful if you would

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I would be totally grateful if you would
        Get a bunch of the mini-salamis called 'Happy' imo - go perfectly on pizza, make sure you slice 'em thin.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That link is to salame - does that mean pepperoni is just a foreign word for salame?
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            That link is to salame - does that mean pepperoni is just a foreign word for salame?
            Would have thought it's just one of the salami family, in the same way a saucission is part of charcuterie?

Comment

Pepperoni is an American implementation of the spicier salami's that you get in Sicily and the South of Italy.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Show me a 9 handicap that makes 50 percent of his putts and i'll eerrr, show you something equally non existent.

What you playing off now Coill?
                I'm off 14.5 as of this morning (20th score just went in and it's my 2nd lowest).

Started the year off 21 having picked up the game in June last year. It took ages to get a HC card due to 9 holes and limited tee times. Also only got a couple of comps in at the end of last year. Coming into this year I only broke 100 once (99) and after a few weeks I shot 98 followed by a 90. Couldn't break 90 for love nor money. I finally did it at the end of July when I shot 84 on the back tees in a strokeplay comp. Had a couple of 88s since but there are a couple large of scores in there too. A mediocre round now feels like 90ish. I had 88 for net par yesterday in a comp and I felt that I had made so many mistakes. Not frustrated but delighted to see I hopefully have some better potential scores down the road.

I know it's that improvements will plateau now and require a lot of work to shave even a couple of strokes. It's simultaneously the best and worst game in the world to play but I'm loving every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

At the start of this year I was aiming to shoot in low 90s and the driver/3wood were killing me so I was barely breaking 100. Multiple lost balls or awful positions for 2nd shots destroyed my rounds. Changed to hitting 4 hybrid from the tee and either hybrid again or 7i for my second on longer holes. Instantly shaved 5-6 strokes. At one stage I had no driver or woods in the bag: 2h/4h/5h was the top of my bag.

I follow Golfsidekick's channel on Youtube and he has various playlists for breaking 100/90/80. Essentially the gist is "auld lad golf" until you're knocking on the door of breaking 90. They've been really beneficial on realistic shot selection and the mental side of the game. Can't recommend it enough.

I've practised as much as I can on long game and got fitted for a driver. Tee to green now, I'm actually pretty decent after a few lessons and mostly playing as many comps as possible. Still have a lot of work to do on chipping/putting. If I sharpen up here I could hopefully record a couple of low 80s rounds on the home course.

Current WITB for Teresa/Elbows:

Driver: TSI3 @ stock 9 degrees, slider weight 1 towards the heel. Hzrdus 60g stiff shaft.
                  3 Wood: Cobra speedzone standard on stock stiff shaft.
                  4 hybrid: Mizuno CLK 2018 @ 20 degrees on standard Fujikura Stiff shaft
                  4i Cobra Utility iron @ 20.5 degrees on stiff graphite shaft.
                  5-GW Mizuno JPX919 forged on KBS c-taper lite stiff.
                  54/58 degrees Callaway PM Grind
                  Putter: Oddyssey 2ball white hot 33" (old AF, love it).

The driver and 3 wood are the only new clubs. Everything else is adverts/ebay/pre-owned. Really happy with the current setup but I'm going to try the new Callaway full-face wedges when they're released. They look the business based on initial reviews.
                  The most random thing in here is the Callaway PM grind. How often do you smack the ball in the forehead when using it? I got the 2 ball ten putter this year and it has legit been a game changer.

If you are consistently in play off the tee and not miles back then breaking 90 (even 80) is very achievable with some putting work.

My tee game is by far my weakest. I reckon it costs me 3 strokes min a round. Been shooting mid seventies lately, very consistently, with 2 birds a round but also 2 doubles.

I have the big queefy miss in the bag, the high right pooooooooof. Incredibly frustrating.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Pepperoni is an American implementation of the spicier salami's that you get in Sicily and the South of Italy.
                    Speaking of which, I have a nomination for 'best foodstuff you can have in your fridge': a jar of 'nduja.

A few blobs of that on a pizza is unbeatable.

Comment

You were looking for a bit of reaction to the game. I had a few on board watching it as I was at a stag in Kilkenny but at half time I thought we were home and hosed. We were wiping them out at midfield, Clifford was flying, at least five of their scores were hail marys by their full back line and two extremely long range frees from their goalie. Most importantly I felt we had turned their attack over a lot without putting in anywhere near as much effort as they were putting in to get turnovers against us (which they were doing effectively to be fair). OK the goal was a bad turnover and quick counterattack, but I felt if you had scored 1-7 and five of those were by numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 that your forward line wasn't exactly hacking up

I thought their work rate was bound to drop and when we went two points up around the end of the third quarter we were probably going to pull away and trouble the handicap. Of course they managed to spring for a second goal at that exact moment, like the first it was like slow motion where for whatever reason our central channel suddenly had no defender in it, they went through easily and turned in a kind rebound.

The longer I watch top level football, and particularly reflecting on the Dublin/Mayo battles over the years, the larger the % I think athletic conditioning contributes to results. I gave Tyrone no chance of going 70+ minutes with us after all the covid but they were able to sustain it which meant the game was always in the mix and we were never able to pull ahead so far that a goal wouldn't have us in trouble. Then they had the wherewithal to convert their goal chances when they came along while we butchered a couple. Work rate and clever setting up of blind alley traps for forwards who couldn't resist running into them (Stephen O'Brien, looking at you) combined allowed them to turn us over in attack enough times to keep in touch.

We're desperately in need of a centre half back who is an animal. Gavan White is developing into a serious footballer but other than that our half back line is a complete non-entity. Compared to the likes of Keegan, Durcan, Boyle, James McCarthy, John Small, etc we haven't a stitch in that area of the field. Our forwards are very good but we could badly have used a fit Moynihan and someone like Tony Brosnan if you could ever get him fit to allow you to use O'Brien off the bench in a game like that rather than starting him and watching him get gobbled up time after time against an energetic, packed defence.

I know they obviously don't grow on trees but if we could find a Jim Gavin somewhere I think we have the players to win a mountain of All Irelands but we need to figure out how to overcome our weaknesses despite only ever finding out what they are in the last game of the year.
                      I think you lacked Sharpness and in fact this lack of sharpness made Tyrone look a lot fitter than they are . It was like a team suffering from nervous exhaustion. Lack of decent opponents can lead ye up the garden path of delusion. Despite the Dubs dominance over the years they have never hammered anyone either . IMO the football is a lot closer than the 'Dubs are juiced' brigade harp on about. If anything this year proved what a good job the management had done.

Take the Hurling , the Limerick set up is tight although having Messi playing for you helps .

I expect the same 4 next year in the football. Kerry will work harder on intensity I bet .

Comment

Collcam I expect to see single figures next year. Methinks you have a flair for the hard work needed mixed in with some ability.

Comment

Like a well-trained dog, the mere mention of salami means that €140 of my easy-earned cash has now transferred to the famiglia Strewelpedrio.

Comment

Deng Xiaoping has just emerged in the course and seems at this stage like a true hero to counteract Mao.

Hold!

Comment

Deng Xiaoping has just emerged in the course and seems at this stage like a true hero to counteract Mao.

Hold!
                              Nobody mention Tianamen Square I suppose.

Comment

In all seriousness, I reckon if you were to buy salamis locally of the same quality (which you mostly can't), it would cost you more than ordering from Marco.

Even if just a once-off, I'd say getting an order in for Christmas would be something a lot on here would appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                  Bad for greenwood too I would think, with Rashford due to come back eventually into the fold.
                                  I have seen reports James is off on loan, and Maritals time is surely coming to an end.
                                  Rashford shouldn't be a threat to Greenwood.

The front 4 should be (have to give the new guys a chance):

Greenwood Fernandes Sancho

Ronaldo

Cavani was so good last season that he should still get decent gametime but Rashford/Martial have been muck for a long time. The former gets away with it because of who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    In all seriousness, I reckon if you were to buy salamis locally of the same quality (which you mostly can't), it would cost you more than ordering from Marco.

Even if just a once-off, I'd say getting an order in for Christmas would be something a lot on here would appreciate.
                                    Actually looked at doing this last year but the gift package option seemed akin to throwing darts.
                                    biologico, brianza, carpaccio celtico, celtico, familia, fratell spreafico, italiano, lecco, nessun conservante, oggiono, organico, passione, prosciuttificio, prosciutto, prosciutto dolce

all I know is I get a cutting board.

I'd nearly want to be told what to get
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Nobody mention Tianamen Square I suppose.
                                      Was that him? I suspected it might be based on loose memory, but we are still in 1960 where he has just convinced Mao to implement "communism" (aka "capitalism dressed up to fool Mao and stop Mao's madness") to stop further tens of millions of people dying of starvation in the countryside. Where did it all go wrong Deng, you started so strong! So strong.

Comment

Following from DP, would you, or maybe Strew mind suggesting a list of things that are good to get from there for a substantial order? To stock up the larder so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Actually looked at doing this last year but the gift package option seemed akin to throwing darts.
                                          https://www.marcodoggiono.com/copia-...fezioni-regalo

all I know is I get a cutting board.

I'd nearly want to be told what to get
                                          Strewel will know more than I do obv but I usually just get a smattering of salamis + some ham. I don't get any packets.

Like this order was:
                                          2 * Salame di Coscia
                                          2 * Salamini 'Happy'
                                          2 * Salame Osteria
                                          a bitta ham
                                          a Coppa

delivery fee is €25 and it all comes beautifully packaged

Comment

Was that him? I suspected it might be based on loose memory, but we are still in 1960 where he has just convinced Mao to implement "communism" (aka "capitalism dressed up to fool Mao and stop Mao's madness") to stop further tens of millions of people dying of starvation in the countryside. Where did it all go wrong Deng, you started so strong! So strong.
                                            Yes, that was him.

Comment

Strewel will know more than I do obv but I usually just get a smattering of salamis + some ham. I don't get any packets.

Like this order was:
                                              2 * Salame di Coscia
                                              2 * Salamini 'Happy'
                                              2 * Salame Osteria
                                              a bitta ham
                                              a Coppa

How does one preserve a large-ish looking quantity of meats like that? Does the fact that it is cured mean you just need to leave it is a dry, cool place for many weeks/months or does it need to be refrigerated/frozen?

Very noob question i presume

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

How does one preserve a large-ish looking quantity of meats like that? Does the fact that it is cured mean you just need to leave it is a dry, cool place for many weeks/months or does it need to be refrigerated/frozen?

Very noob question i presume
                                                I put the ham in the fridge and everything else in a cupboard

Comment

Just reading about the trial of Sirhan SirhaSirhan:

The lead prosecutor in the case was Lynn "Buck" Compton, a World War II veteran of Easy Company fame who later became a justice of the California Court of Appeal

Comment

Like this order was:
                                                    2 * Salame di Coscia
                                                    2 * Salamini 'Happy'
                                                    2 * Salame Osteria
                                                    a bitta ham
                                                    a Coppa

Beautiful. I ordered one of each salame. Although they might be all the same. And no ham due to not quite trusting the international ham refrigeration system.

Comment

What would be the latest you would think you could put in an order for that place and have it in time for Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                        Our childminder is heading back to South Africa for a few weeks holidays.

she is fully vaccinated but does anyone know what the return protocols are.

She is saying that she doesn’t need a test or to isolate at all - I am presuming that can’t be right?
                                                        Think she is right now as SA is off the red list.
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Also we might have to start adding sarcasm tags for mellor and raoul who seem to be 'a bit' simple in terms of reading and tone comprehension.
                                                          Bit of a facepalm there hitch. Only you could reply to a sarcastic post, and complain about missing sarcasm.
                                                          Trumpian effort.

Comment

does anyone have a secret recipe for breaking through lethargy? will accept drugs.
                                                            Meth. Or cocaine is you're trendy.

[sarcasm]

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            Vigil, a new 6 part drama which started on BBC last night, has a very strong first episode and looks good. Same people who made Line of Duty.
                                                            Good to hear. It's been on my maybe list since the trailer.

On a slightly related note, a few months ago I was looking through a list of 'top brit shows to watch' and almost every show was about cops or law enforecement. They are proper obsessed with the forces of law and order over there.
                                                            I think its just the nature of mystery drama, as the mystery usually revolves around a death, which involves police or detectives in some way.

Happy Valley
                                                            Broadchurch
                                                            The Fall

I think the UK way of lots of detective dramas, is a lot better than the US way of finding forensic related professionals and turning them into detectives.
                                                            Crime scene investigators, Forensic Anthropologist, Medical Examiner, stenographer (probably). After about a series they turn in rogue beat detective.

[Not sarcastic]

Tried it a few times and just can't get the humour.

Is the similar in feel, based on the trailer, Aisling Bea, Sharon Horgan (Hogan?) show any good? Quite dislike Aisling Bea as she seems too obsessed with the fact she's female, but a big fan of Sharon Horgan, so have played the safety game and avoided it.
                                                            ​​​​
                                                            Presume that you mean This Way Up. I liked it, would recommend. Aisling Bea isn't too Aisling Bea-esque and plays up the positive. Both come across bad for it, which I'm sure is simply the case.

You may have seen it, but if you like Horgan, Catastrophe is excellant.

[Not Sarcastic]

All pepperoni is salami, but not all salami is pepperoni.

[Not Sarcastic]

Comment

Definitely a lot more traffic heading into the city today. Be interesting to see what it's like by mid-Oct.

Comment

Definitely a lot more traffic heading into the city today. Be interesting to see what it's like by mid-Oct.
                                                                Usual idiot women in their range Rovers clogging up the school this morning. One such idiot started on the horn as the lolipop lady was taking too long, in her view, letting all us walkers cross. I purposly eyeballed her and moved like the sloth I am to ensure the next gaggle caught up to prolong her agony of sitting on her hole for another minute. I must say I really enjoyed it. It's the little victories

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Usual idiot women in their range Rovers clogging up the school this morning. One such idiot started on the horn as the lolipop lady was taking too long, in her view, letting all us walkers cross. I purposly eyeballed her and moved like the sloth I am to ensure the next gaggle caught up to prolong her agony of sitting on her hole for another minute. I must say I really enjoyed it. It's the little victories
                                                                  What a wagon.

HERO imo

Comment

Her Prada glasses must have been steaming up!
                                                                    Shes the type who would send the cleaning bill to the lollipop lady because she spilled her barista oats milk machiata (in sustainable biodegradable cup) on her custom leather seats.(Peruvian goat leather imported through Italy)
                                                                    Actually she was probably on her way back to the barista to complain that the milk wasnt oaty enough hence the rush.
                                                                    At least she will have something to complain about to the other entitled cxxts at the next book club meeting.

Comment

What would be the latest you would think you could put in an order for that place and have it in time for Christmas?
                                                                      I'll get you the date closer to the time but its usually about the 12th - 14th

I

Comment

I have a route I take a few times a day where I have a choice to go on a main road that is slightly longer on the by pass or a nice drive along the canal that is shorter but narrow and bendy and thus is quite accident prone due to the gobshites driving too fast, refusing to drive close to the margin, passing walkers and cyclists on blind bends and worst of all driving blindly onto a 300m single track section without looking to see if there is anything coming first. I go that route because it's a pleasant drive that puts me in a good mood but if I'm getting enraged by all the gobshites then the effect can be negated.
                                                                        Lately I've been working on not giving a fuck about how badly the others drive, so now I just drive along slowly and when I see someone coming I just stop until they are out of the way. On this route I have basically given up getting mad at fools who can't drive and try to make allowances for people who drive onto the single track that maybe they've never driven this way before the only exception I make is for the blind bend passer, for them I just stop as soon as I see them, mostly this lets them off the hook but sometimes it forces them to stop and I'm in no hurry to get moving again. It's not easy to put up with so much shit but I'm getting better at it.

By coincidence I came across this video last week of a guy who is doing zen driving videos well worth the time IMO

Comment

I know its a cliche, but its also astonishing just the sheer amount of diminutive women driving around monster trucks in Dublin.

Edit: I borrowed this for my thought of the day on twitter. trying to limit myself to one thought a day
                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 31-08-21, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Think she is right now as SA is off the red list.
                                                                            She will have travelled through the plague pit that is Dublin however which is back in the red.

Comment

Speaking of which, I have a nomination for 'best foodstuff you can have in your fridge': a jar of 'nduja.

A few blobs of that on a pizza is unbeatable.
                                                                              Fresh pasta with nduja, olives, fennel, plenty of pecorino and maybe even an egg yolk sometimes
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I love spice, adore it, but find the ndjuga form of spice intolerable.

Comment

I know its a cliche, but its also astonishing just the sheer amount of diminutive women driving around monster trucks in Dublin.

Edit: I borrowed this for my thought of the day on twitter. trying to limit myself to one thought a day
                                                                                  This was a huge success dice. We should collaborate on a 2021/2022 new school year series of tweets. I'm also willing to adopt a persona of a weekend football coach if that better suits where you're at in life right now.

Comment

This was a huge success dice. We should collaborate on a 2021/2022 new school year series of tweets. I'm also willing to adopt a persona of a weekend football coach if that better suits where you're at in life right now.
                                                                                    Girls football Academy starts tonight - I am well prepared this time

Comment

does anyone have a secret recipe for breaking through lethargy? will accept drugs.
                                                                                      412ML1Yah7L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Lazare,, getting great use out of that Radio APP with the world map

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                          Lazare,, getting great use out of that Radio APP with the world map
                                                                                          It's great isn't it.

Haven't tuned into it in ages. What sort of stuff are you listening to?
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

What does "phased and staggered" basis mean?
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                              What does "phased and staggered" basis mean?
                                                                                              It means we actually don't have a clue but be grand like.

Comment

Was reading an article about the upcoming top gun sequel, and was shocked to discover that val kilmer lost his voice (to cancer) in 2014. Absolutely love the fact Tom cruise said that the sequel couldn't be made without him (and rightly so).

Comment

Speaking of which, I have a nomination for 'best foodstuff you can have in your fridge': a jar of Nduja
                                                                                                  I see your Nduja and raise you some Morcilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I see your Nduja and raise you some Morcilla.
                                                                                                    Sure why would I be buying Spanish black pudding when we have the finest here already?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

It's great isn't it.

Haven't tuned into it in ages. What sort of stuff are you listening to?
                                                                                                      I'm no Jazzer but during my global wanderings last night I was in Hamilton listing to snazzy Jazzy. Was enjoyable. Was deep south today. Spin the globe , great fun . I used to lie in bed trying to tune in crappy stations when I was a kid. Old habits .

Comment

Great little short story about Head Shops and buzzes.

How about a Kittser? Half an hour or so after takin’ the first half ye’ll feel a warm acoustic vibe comin’ over ye. Head Shop is new fiction by Billy O Hanluain

Comment

I'm no Jazzer but during my global wanderings last night I was in Hamilton listing to snazzy Jazzy. Was enjoyable. Was deep south today. Spin the globe , great fun . I used to lie in bed trying to tune in crappy stations when I was a kid. Old habits .
                                                                                                          Found some good stuff in Havana.

Must explore Africa

Comment

Paging AJ,

Why are Irish athletes so successful at the Paralympics?

All I'm hearing about is medals, in all sorts of sports.

What's going on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

The most random thing in here is the Callaway PM grind. How often do you smack the ball in the forehead when using it? I got the 2 ball ten putter this year and it has legit been a game changer.

If you are consistently in play off the tee and not miles back then breaking 90 (even 80) is very achievable with some putting work.

My tee game is by far my weakest. I reckon it costs me 3 strokes min a round. Been shooting mid seventies lately, very consistently, with 2 birds a round but also 2 doubles.

I have the big queefy miss in the bag, the high right pooooooooof. Incredibly frustrating.
                                                                                                              Funny you mention the PM grind, I had someone make a similar comment recently. Actually I ended up skulling one into a small tree at the weekend. Thankfully that stopped it short of a water hazard or going 100 yards OB! I do love them though. The 54 gets used more than any other wedge. The 58 is a cheat club for the bunker tbh - the big head, wide sole and bounce can clear the sand so well. I've actually holed out 3x times from the bunker this year. I never really hit a near a full 58, just chips, bunkers and open face for flops or fluffy rough. I really wanna try a new Scotty or Odyssey mallet but I do love my old 2ball so can't see the point in changing it just yet.

Distance isn't the problem for me tbh. Only one hole I regularly don't have a chance for GIR (more so bad tee shot but I'd have 200-220 in even with an ideal drive). I carry around 240-260 range for a stock drive. The 3 wood is about 220-230 and hybrid 205. My main problem is that I will top/slice/duck hook 2 tee shots per round. I have no idea if it's mental, concentration or fatigue. Genuinely I just feel it's normal amateur golf, especially at my level. Unfortunately, this often results in a reload. However, I consistently lose more shots fluting around inside 30 yards tbh. Putting in particular needs most work. I'm not too bad for chipping/pitching if I have a little practice before a round.

Mid seventies is serious scoring. You're not doing too much wrong lad. Out of curiosity have you ever bothered with lessons in last few years?

I just ordered 3x dozen SEED balls this evening as I ran out. The best bang for the buck out there. It's longer than ProV1/x and matches it spin wise. The good news is that it's half the price and an Irish company.

Comment

Sure why would I be buying Spanish black pudding when we have the finest here already?
                                                                                                                Some of the Morcilla I've had would leave our black pudding in the ha'penny place.

Presume it's like the salami as in getting the really good stuff is hard to do here.

Must look into it properly

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                  Some of the Morcilla I've had would leave our black pudding in the ha'penny place.

Presume it's like the salami as in getting the really good stuff is hard to do here.

Must look into it properly
                                                                                                                  Maybe GAB could do a Hiberno-Iberian crossover version and market it to all the top chefs.

I'll only charge him a box of puddin' a month for this IP. There's plenty more where that came from.

Comment

I do still.occasionally salivate when thinking of morcilla I had in some bar on the quays in Santander. The Spanish really do some amazing things with ham.

I'm sure there must be some cultural reason linked to the reconquista too as surely it was haram under Moorish rule.

Comment

Sarah Mcinerney proving SP to be a spoofer tonight. Leo got torn a new one .

Comment

On Iberian pork-love:

When the victorious Moors swept through Spain from North Africa in 711 AD, they conquered a nation of pork-lovers. And, because religious dietary laws forbade the Moors, like the Jews, from eating pork, the pig became a symbol of political and religious resistance.
                                                                                                                        During the ensuing seven centuries of sporadic warfare that led to the Moors’ final defeat and the expulsion of the Jews in 1492, the pig’s ritual slaughter and public consumption became an important demonstration of Christian faith--and, therefore, of an emerging Spanish identity, Castaner said in an interview.

“This is when the pig began to assume a social identity,” she said, adding that to eat pork “was a means of affirming one’s Catholicism
                                                                                                                        Mmmm. Historical deliciousness.

Comment

Sarah Mcinerney proving SP to be a spoofer tonight. Leo got torn a new one .
                                                                                                                          Haven't seen it but the very description of tearing the minister a new one proves my point.
                                                                                                                          Rodney rice would be spinning in his grave at what passes for Journalism in RTE these days.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X