This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Booked asador for a few weeks time on the back of here. That menu looks ridiculously tasty. Kinda running out of people to finangle into lunch, so if we do manage to start a bbv lunch club then count me in. I'll bring the style with my new fade.
    You do know a BBV lunch club would decend into last man standing in some shithole strip club at 2am via a dozen other venues en route

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

You do know a BBV lunch club would decend into last man standing in some shithole strip club at 2am via a dozen other venues en route
      And your problem is.............

Comment

@Dice, it's only fair that you help out but, assuming there's an actual coach, just say you'll help out every 3rd/4th week and get a rota going with the other dads.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I can see Dice now, standing in front of fourteen 7 year old's bleary eyed from only logging off an online poker tournament about 30 minutes previously.

'I'm the boss. I'm the gaffer. At the end of the day what I say goes. The buck stops with me and there'll be no banana skins on my watch, ya hear?'

And then wheels out a cardboard cut out of Bobby Robson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

And your problem is.............
            Trying to pour the likes of you into a taxi at 5pm

Comment

Better prepare myself for later so. "Why yes i'd love to help out. Whats that you say, manage a team? Oh I'd love to but am away every second weekend with work, such a pity". (and half true tbf)
              Which weekends?
              Oh that's fine, those are the home matches. You can manage the away ones
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                @Dice, it's only fair that you help out but, assuming there's an actual coach, just say you'll help out every 3rd/4th week and get a rota going with the other dads.
                Ah yeah , of course. Id even stretch to "most" weekends unless I've something on which wouldnt be too often

Comment

Just catching up after a week in Spain, noone checked my vaccine pass on the way out or in Spain, temp checks and locator qr checked in Spain, zero checked when i came back to Ireland.

See there was talk of Bourdain, there is a new doc about him out, havent watched it yet, you will really want to be in a good head space id say to give it a lash.

Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Been living on a mainly tomato diet for weeks now and it's just bliss
                    SPOILER

Made the most perfect pizza sauce last night

Loads of homegrown tomatoes chopped up finely. I've like five different varieties here but the more the San Marzano ones the better
                    add loads of herbs a bit of salt and a splash of olive oil and thats it, nothing else after a while squeeze off the excess juice and put it on your pizza

How am I ever going to stop being a fat bastard when I can rustle up shit this good in a few minutes?

SPOILER

Where did you get that mozzarella?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

asador on the short list
                      We got Saba in kildare village not too long ago.
                      As adorn was very poor the last time I was there too. I’d vote FXBs for sure, they are 5/5 for good meals so far.

Comment

Hmmm, young lad starting football tonight so emailed to confirm a few details and offered a hand with anything needing doing.

Reply I got was "Thanks we'll allocate you a Sunday team" - what does that mean It sounds ominous....
                        And there was I thinking I wouldn't get a better laugh than Hitch's hair this weekend
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          My own view would be a combination of multiple factors.
                          Which is the question I asked you in the beginning. I still don't know what the answer is other than size might be one of them. But look let's leave it, I didn't expect it to be a multi- day one. Time difference is a factor I suppose.

Comment

Looks like Ronaldo back to united. Solks should be happy!

Comment

plenty of happy little willys in the bbv tonight
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks that's a terrible move for both parties?
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hmmm, young lad starting football tonight so emailed to confirm a few details and offered a hand with anything needing doing.

Reply I got was "Thanks we'll allocate you a Sunday team" - what does that mean It sounds ominous....
                                  Start watching Kes good Yorkshire film
                                  it will give u some coaching tips for the older footballer

Comment

Hotspur: What day are you going to the barber Mellor?

Mellor: Well you see, many different cultures have had different calendars throughout history...
                                    <723 lines later> ...and so, in conclusion, people like to go to the barber on different days, for a variety of reasons, often based on the size of their do.
                                    One thing we know for sure, Hitch is going to the wrong one.

Comment

To be honest I'm not a fan of the move. Too many EGOs there already you'll win nothing with ol fellas

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

plenty of happy little willys in the bbv tonight
                                        Thank fuck for that. I hated the idea of him going to City. Don't want him at the club.
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Good fightback by India here although would still fancy Ingerland to skittle them in the morning. Although potential for 1.01-esque gubbing hilarity.

Comment

Have to laugh when any fan, team or manager would say that 30 goals a season is not wanted.

Give me a break. He will make every team better. Even still.

My main concern with him at United is not whether he will perform but I’m more concerned about what it means for the likes of Greenwood’s development. And some concern over whether he really fits the type of team Ole has built.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Have to laugh when any fan, team or manager would say that 30 goals a season is not wanted.

My main concern with him at United is not whether he will perform but I’m more concerned about what it means for the likes of Greenwood’s development. And some concern over whether he really fits the type of team Ole has built.
                                              He is 36. Hardly one to build a team around.
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Seems like a ploy to sell shirts more than anything.

Anyone want to set a line on how many PL+CL goals he'll get this season? He got 29+6 last season.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

But I don’t think anyone really thinks the plan is to build a team around him. Or at least it definitely shouldn’t.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hes on the wane and I'm not sure Ole has the balls to drop him if it means less Greenwood NO. If it means less Martial YES.

Tend to agree with Raoul here. Shirt sales

Comment

Good fightback by India here although would still fancy Ingerland to skittle them in the morning. Although potential for 1.01-esque gubbing hilarity.
                                                      16/1 lads very settled England had to chase 260 just get root out rest collapse easy game

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

16/1 lads very settled England had to chase 260 just get root out rest collapse easy game
                                                        They'd need to get 600+ for that to happen, which would be truly remarkable.

260 is generous, 150 is a tough ask in the 4th innings of any test. Although Root would get it on his own with one hand tied behind his back and a blindfold on in his current form. Pure Lara-esque God Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Considering the current centre forward options are Martial who is dogshit and a never fully fit Cavani, I think it's a decent move to get Ronaldo in for 2 years. Guaranteed goals still and is known for keeping himself in shape. Allows Greenwood to develop I hope by working with him and gets Martial out to some other club. Along with the 25mil they've reportedly got him for, I'm not seeing many negatives tbh.

Comment

They'd need to get 600+ for that to happen, which would be truly remarkable.

260 is generous, 150 is a tough ask in the 4th innings of any test. Although Root would get it on his own with one hand tied behind his back and a blindfold on in his current form. Pure Lara-esque God Mode.
                                                            Ah ya just nothing happening for the bowlers Kohli due a big score. Down to 10/1 insane trades on cricket

Comment

One of my nieces had her second child today. Am I correct in thinking 12lb 2oz is unusually big?
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Pulling into Galway in the train a load about 30 loud obnoxious half pissed dubs singing abs being loud. An Isis or other suicide bomber be welcome the confines of the carriage helping maximum blast damage. There not even wearing masks joe and there drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                  One of my nieces had her second child today. Am I correct in thinking 12lb 2oz is unusually big?
                                                                  Yes it’s a whopper brother in laws kid was 6 little early long very skinny.

Comment

Lol utds stock up 8%. 250m. a bargain for the books.

Comment

Westport was buzzing today. Literally. Outdoor pints ruined by Wasps . got stung .

Comment

Small Turkey
                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Small Turkey
                                                                          Felt like I was fishing for that as I typed it. Think one of Hitches was 13lb wasn't it?

Comment

Felt like I was fishing for that as I typed it. Think one of Hitches was 13lb wasn't it?
                                                                            I watched a 9lbsder come out and that looked painful.
                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

I watched a 9lbsder come out and that looked painful.
                                                                              It was a planned C-section anyway, I'd assume at least partially because they knew what was arriving.

Comment

My neighbours across the road sold up recently, process took a few months with lots of delays.

We were pretty close, living as neighbours about 14 years. Was at their wedding, house parties etc. Not exactly mates but close. He was very good to me during tough times.

We bought them a gift a few weeks ago for moving. Knocked over and they were out.
                                                                                Told them we had a gift and card for them.

Struggled though to get an opportunity for both of us to call over. Tried again the night before last and again no answer, they went to bed early.

I met them separate a few times on the street and they mentioned the hassles and delays they were having. They were ready to move out and it fell through due to some legal crap. That was the other day. She reckoned then it would be another couple of weeks.

Wife saw himself loading a van yesterday and went out to him with the gift and he waved her away and said 'ah don't worry, I'll be back later', they'd been throwing stuff into storage the last couple of weeks.

Came home from work tonight. The sold sign is gone. So are they. New car in the driveway, new guy in the gaff.

No 'see ya later alligator' not even a text.

Am I mad to think that's odd?

​​​​​​

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Happy to take an even hundred with anyone on Ronaldo scoring less than 28 goals in the Pl + CL combined this season. Which must at least a dozen under his average for the last 12 seasons.

Roll up!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    My neighbours across the road sold up recently, process took a few months with lots of delays.

We were pretty close, living as neighbours about 14 years. Was at their wedding, house parties etc. Not exactly mates but close. He was very good to me during tough times.

We bought them a gift a few weeks ago for moving. Knocked over and they were out.
                                                                                    Told them we had a gift and card for them.

Struggled though to get an opportunity for both of us to call over. Tried again the night before last and again no answer, they went to bed early.

I met them separate a few times on the street and they mentioned the hassles and delays they were having. They were ready to move out and it fell through due to some legal crap. That was the other day. She reckoned then it would be another couple of weeks.

Wife saw himself loading a van yesterday and went out to him with the gift and he waved her away and said 'ah don't worry, I'll be back later', they'd been throwing stuff into storage the last couple of weeks.

Came home from work tonight. The sold sign is gone. So are they. New car in the driveway, new guy in the gaff.

No 'see ya later alligator' not even a text.

Am I mad to think that's odd?

​​​​​​
                                                                                    Sounds like they moved to get away from you

No that is odd obv

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

​​​​
                                                                                      I was expecting that to head towards you wanting the gift back when they didn't move out. Not sure what that says about where my minds at

Comment

He's probably super stressed and preoccupied. Send him a text in a few weeks when everything has calmed down. Friends are worth keeping.

Comment

They probably remembered the gift you gave them for their wedding and committed to dodge receiving any leaving gift. They never forgot. Give the same gift to the new neighbours as a house warming present and let it all start again. Seems knowing the Lazares has repercussions.

Comment

I’ll take the bet Raoul but the line is 22.

Comment

I’ll take the bet Raoul but the line is 22.

No chance. He's a goal machine.

Comment

A friend of mine has been coaching underage girls' football (has a daughter) for a good 3/4 years now.

We were in house 2 years ago, full of drink and he takes out his 'work phone', which was actually a phone he had had to get solely for coaching the team so that the parents could get in touch but couldn't ruin his life 24/7.

He had messages from parents with things like "You can't play Jesse again next week, she's got no left foot, send her home if she turns up for training" and tactics suggestions (7 a side football). He'd have 2/3 messages from each of the parents in between his standard "Training is at 6 this week, game on Sunday is at 11:00 at home vs .....".

He told us he pretty much never replied to anyone, and had to just grim and bear it all, week after week after week.

Got worse for him last year when his daughter dropped out, and left him in the role as none of the other parents would do it! He's too nice, should have legged it too.

Best of luck Dice.

Comment

Jebus, these are the images he put's out of himself.

E90ajBRWEAEPGE8?format=jpg&amp;name=4096x4096.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

A friend of mine has been coaching underage girls' football (has a daughter) for a good 3/4 years now.

We were in house 2 years ago, full of drink and he takes out his 'work phone', which was actually a phone he had had to get solely for coaching the team so that the parents could get in touch but couldn't ruin his life 24/7.

He had messages from parents with things like "You can't play Jesse again next week, she's got no left foot, send her home if she turns up for training" and tactics suggestions (7 a side football). He'd have 2/3 messages from each of the parents in between his standard "Training is at 6 this week, game on Sunday is at 11:00 at home vs .....".

He told us he pretty much never replied to anyone, and had to just grim and bear it all, week after week after week.

Got worse for him last year when his daughter dropped out, and left him in the role as none of the other parents would do it! He's too nice, should have legged it too.

Best of luck Dice.
                                                                                                    I've been coaching kids (also girls) sport for years and have never seen anything remotely like that.

Comment

I've been coaching kids (also girls) sport for years and have never seen anything remotely like that.
                                                                                                      Not sure hockey counts tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                        He's probably super stressed and preoccupied. Send him a text in a few weeks when everything has calmed down. Friends are worth keeping.
                                                                                                        Yep, that's my take on it. My wife is a bit annoyed about it though.

I sent him a text a little while ago wishing them well, he apologised for the way they went.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

First impressions are most parents at this stage are fairly relaxed about it but there was one half nutter on the sidelines. You know the type, roaring at an U6s five a side where half them are more interested in swinging off the posts and chasing each other. Turned out he was the uncle of the one kid done up to the nines like Ronaldo with all the gear and gel styled hair.

Anyway said kid was decent compared to most there but at the end of the 10 min game as the teams were rotating to play a different team the kid grabbed one of the oppositon and pushes him to the ground telling him to Fuck Off (over a tackle i think - they cant even tackle lol). Not hard to see where it comes from. If he's in my squad i might start him on the bench for the lols.

God help me when they all start watching football properly and start diving around like ballerinas.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Not sure hockey counts tbf
                                                                                                            Probably a more middle-class constituency alright.

Although my son has been playing soccer for years and there's been no nonsense there either.

Comment

Probably a more middle-class constituency alright.

Although my son has been playing soccer for years and there's been no nonsense there either.
                                                                                                              Don't you move every 5 years like a spy or a terrorist? Probably reduces that suburban community hassle.

Comment

Don't you move every 5 years like a spy or a terrorist? Probably reduces that suburban community hassle.
                                                                                                                Is that in 'The Modern Terrorists Handbook'?

Coincedentally just finished a great book of the genesis of Al Qaeda. It ends in September 2001.

Comment

Comment

Dublin Hockey is probably a little more civilised than Birmingham's Soccer...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Dublin Hockey is probably a little more civilised than Birmingham's Soccer...
                                                                                                                      I'd imagine most things are.

Anyway, your buddy is a chump for putting up with it imo. He should tell them to get fucked.

Comment

I don't know if there's a rule in kids football now that everyone has to get a game.
                                                                                                                        I was watching a Clonee game earlier in the week and they had a left back who was genuinely clueless, two left feet and no athletic ability as she was about 20kg bigger than the rest of the girls. And showed absolutely no enthusiasm which could at least make up for it, never went above walking pace. But she was given the full second half whilst better players were on the sidelines. Manager seemed to have no interest in her play, he was cajoling everyone else with generic 'make space, up the line, mark a player, take a touch' comments, but completely ignored her. About 4 goals that I saw were down her side.
                                                                                                                        Just seemed a weird situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          I don't know if there's a rule in kids football now that everyone has to get a game.
                                                                                                                          I was watching a Clonee game earlier in the week and they had a left back who was genuinely clueless, two left feet and no athletic ability as she was about 20kg bigger than the rest of the girls. And showed absolutely no enthusiasm which could at least make up for it, never went above walking pace. But she was given the full second half whilst better players were on the sidelines. Manager seemed to have no interest in her play, he was cajoling everyone else with generic 'make space, up the line, mark a player, take a touch' comments, but completely ignored her. About 4 goals that I saw were down her side.
                                                                                                                          Just seemed a weird situation.
                                                                                                                          Son's team (U-14) gives everyone a run too, regardless of ability. They're not much good though, somewhere in the mid-rank of the NDSL. Would imagine it's very different in the top leagues.

What else can you do as a coach really? Can't let the poor kid sit on the sidelines for the whole game.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X