Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expecting the 52 year old German women's dressage winner to be revealed as having been up to her tits on ketamine.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Theres a lot goes into the perfect cone.
      Firstly the UGT mix should be Angelito nothing like it, smooth and creamy.
      Machine must be spotless inside/outside obviously.
      All parts broken down and seals lubed.
      Theres an air intake valve that can be adjusted for optimum
      performance.
      Mix should be stirred a few times a day and the
      aerated foam scraped off with a spatula.
      The temp needs to be just right on the pull
      Not too cold as it's not a nice texture and definitely
      not runny.
      3 1/2 swirls then sitting snugly on the cone and not bulging out randomly like that monstrosity

As for shrimp...
      I seem to remember that Teddys Ice cream was made with 7up as the secret ingredient
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Racing buffs. Belfast Banter in the 6 15 ? Thoughts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
          Racing buffs. Belfast Banter in the 6 15 ? Thoughts ?
          Will run well for 1st mile and a half and then fade away

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Tudor City 6.15 looks good at 16/1 in the hurdle
            Drifted to 28/1 and snuck into 5th for a place to add a nice little boost to the account. Tyvm.

Comment

Glad Saul is ok
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Michelle Smith didn't have a propeller sticking out her fanny.
                The same Americans that were accusing her had been at it for years themselves, their complaint was that her improvement over the course of 18 months must prove that she was getting the uplift in that year what they had been getting for years.

Her statement today is a bit tragic, she mentions about all the people who meet her and congratulate her but she knows perfectly well that there is not a single person alive who believes she was completely clean. You'd like to think that someday she might be able to tell the truth but I guess she is too far down the rabbit hole for that to happen.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Glad Saul is ok
                  It's all good man!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      The same Americans that were accusing her had been at it for years themselves, their complaint was that her improvement over the course of 18 months must prove that she was getting the uplift in that year what they had been getting for years.

Her statement today is a bit tragic, she mentions about all the people who meet her and congratulate her but she knows perfectly well that there is not a single person alive who believes she was completely clean. You'd like to think that someday she might be able to tell the truth but I guess she is too far down the rabbit hole for that to happen.
                      Would her credability as a Barrister be shot if it was ever proven she was on PEDs (or someone in the know admitted it)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck but swims like a beast . It's a duck on juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Would her credability as a Barrister be shot if it was ever proven she was on PEDs (or someone in the know admitted it)
                          Probably enhance it imo.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

11.22.63 arrived today, thanks for the heads up lads.

Can't wait to get into it. It's next up after the current Tom Thorne book.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

It's pathetic that she and the topic of her is trending today after this morning but not surprising. There was never really any closure to the issue.
                                RTE are just acting like she didn't happen in their swimming coverage. Not calling her "Disgraced Michelle Smith". Would have been so much easier if her medals were binned. Not sure what they are to do TBH.

Only recently seen the pressers after her performances where the American favourites were straight up calling her our for doping. Heartbreaking for them. Imagine sacrificing a lot and training for years and end for that shite beating you.
                                As if they aren't on drugs too like most Olympians. Especially weightlifting, woah boy weightlifting.
                                A lot of people don't bother trying as they know their country won't back them well enough with drugs.
                                I remember a guy in the 2012 olympics that came 9th, he got bronze after drug testing.
                                He got banned from the next olympics for drug use.

It's hilarious that nearly all of the 100m records are associated with drug users, the only one that wasn't is Usain Bolt who would be on them too ofc.
                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-07-21, 21:32.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                  Was lashing rain tho
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    oh jaysus. that must have been ridiculously embarrassing.
                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

She has a certificate in Bioethics from Harvard. One of her specialities is medical law. Imagine being a medical professional in court and having her pontificate on bioethics to you.

Comment

11.22.63 arrived today, thanks for the heads up lads.

Can't wait to get into it. It's next up after the current Tom Thorne book.
                                        oh to be reading that again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

oh to be reading that again!
                                          to be reading it for the first time!!

Enjoy laz. It's a special one

edit: Fucking hell, I wrote this blurb nearly a fucking decade ago!

11/22/63 is brilliant.
                                          A masterclass, I'd put if on a par with IT and The Stand, perhaps even better.
                                          The cameos from past books serve a a nice nod to long time fans but do not really impact on the story to the newcomer.
                                          Time travel stories are always beset by paradox and rules.
                                          A lot of these are swept away with easily with the premise
                                          Al Templeton, the owner of the diner, explains to Jake Epping, an English teacher at the local high school. Walk to the back of the pantry. Mind the 60-watt bulb overhead. Expect the smell of sulfur. And keep walking until you feel your foot fall.

Suddenly you’re back on Sept. 9, 1958. It’s 11:58 a.m. There are, Al says, only two conditions. One, it’s not a one-way trip. It doesn’t have to be. But when you return, no matter how long you’ve stayed in the past — two days, five years, whatever — only two minutes have gone by in the present. Two, each time you go back to the past, there is a reset. Like a Magic Slate. It’s 11:58 a.m., and everything you did on your previous trip has been erased.

That's it, no other if buts and paradoxes.
                                          The misson:
                                          Save Kennedy, save his brother. Save Martin Luther King. Stop the race riots. Stop Vietnam, maybe. . . . Get rid of one wretched waif (Oswald), buddy, and you could save millions of lives.

It's fucking brilliant.
                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-07-21, 22:32.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Brilliant. Can't wait now.

Comment

[QUOTE=DeadParrot;n1698767]

I seem to remember that Teddys Ice cream was made with 7up as the secret ingredient

The bastard Teddy, never could keep a secret

Hmmm...secret ingredients eh....where did I leave my eye of newt!

Comment

Brilliant. Can't wait now.
                                                It's vastly overrated.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

It's vastly overrated.
                                                  It's really not

Comment

Edit: allow me to quickly delete this idea in case dineke's nephew makes an appearance to see what else I talk about.
                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-07-21, 23:16.

Comment

@HH

Caught a glimpse of my nephews dissertation for his Masters as it had "non fungible tokens" in the title page.
                                                      That's gas I was saying theres a lad did a paper re that very topic on a forum I'm on ..ie HH
                                                      and told him you were a prof of Economics. He was aware of your paper and referenced you in it.

Bit mad that you only found about them a few months ago, dived in, got paper published and now being referenced.

May have mentioned that you were a big deal on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                        @HH

Caught a glimpse of my nephews dissertation for his Masters as it had "non fungible tokens" in the title page.
                                                        That's gas I was saying theres a lad did a paper re that very topic on a forum I'm on ..ie HH
                                                        and told him you were a prof of Economics. He was aware of your paper and referenced you in it.

Bit mad that you only found about them a few months ago, dived in, got paper published and now being referenced.

May have mentioned that you were a big deal on Twitter

Ha, that's genuinely class!

Comment

Real Olympics starts tonight,
                                                          athletics kicks in along with, erm,
                                                          beach volleyball.

Only know this 'cos I fired up PokerStars after dinner on a whim.
                                                          Unbelievably I'm still in 6 hours later.

​​​​​​
                                                          ​​​

Comment

Really miss Jerry Kiernan.
                                                            On the upside snacking on toasted cheese sambos with Tayto filling.
                                                            mmmmmh.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

It's vastly overrated.
                                                              Thanks. I'm after throwing it into the green bin.

Comment

Thanks. I'm after throwing it into the green bin.
                                                                Fecking liar. Went over and had a look , nothing in there plus all your card board was in the other bin , mixed. WTF Conor.
                                                                Also saw 3 burned meals in there. I thought you were a chef of sorts. Disappointing tbh.

Comment

before you pull the trigger on dundrum or god forbid bray establish whether or not working from home is a genuine option for you

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                    https://www.valencia-property.com/de...villa-1693.php

before you pull the trigger on dundrum or god forbid bray establish whether or not working from home is a genuine option for you
                                                                    If you dont make enough FF numbers I'll add my name. I'm brutal at these as I forget some weeks then but I'll try harder this time where do I send the moneys . Revolute? Bank ?

Edit sorry I found your post. Can you PM me bank details. ?

Comment

https://www.valencia-property.com/de...villa-1693.php

The blurb is, eh, different to the usual spiel.

Did you write it?

Comment

Fecking liar. Went over and had a look , nothing in there plus all your card board was in the other bin , mixed. WTF Conor.
                                                                        Also saw 3 burned meals in there. I thought you were a chef of sorts. Disappointing tbh.
                                                                        Gonna throw it in there yesterday.

Comment

If you dont make enough FF numbers I'll add my name. I'm brutal at these as I forget some weeks then but I'll try harder this time where do I send the moneys . Revolute? Bank ?
                                                                          For an august personage such as yourself there's always room. Ideally paypal but if you don't have that, let me know and we'll work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The blurb is, eh, different to the usual spiel.

Did you write it?
                                                                            Yeah, I like the cut of his jib. I'm not responsible for it but I would be proud to have written it he has an acerbic wit and both his descriptions of houses and general blog posts about property, sellers and hunters are generally a good read. Sometimes it's a bit over the top but it's certainly different and I guess that's the aim.

Comment

For an august personage such as yourself there's always room. Ideally paypal but if you don't have that, let me know and we'll work something out.
                                                                              Ha yabolig. . I'll need bank deets or revolute (I'm hip now)

Comment

Ha yabolig. . I'll need bank deets or revolute (I'm hip now)
                                                                                coolio. I've set up a revolut account just for you (and anyone else who doesn't have paypal) will send you a pm now

Comment

400 Mixed team relay looks a fun event. All teams went MFFM but Nigeria mixed it up putting a lady out last. She had a huge ead starting last leg but wilted to finish last. Pity more teams didnt mix it up. Bit like a pitstop strategy in F1

Comment

I do like the 10,000m - was there for this classic photo finish in 2000. On now.

Needs David Coleman screaming 'and here comes the Kenyans!!!!!' though.

Comment

"Its a slow pace as they go through the first 5K in 14:20" is the sort of thing that always make me laugh.

Comment

She’s some doll 4.30 Galeay

ew bet

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          "Its a slow pace as they go through the first 5K in 14:20" is the sort of thing that always make me laugh.
                                                                                          I remember in The 80s I ran a 10k road race . I had delusions about myself sure tis just running and I'm super fit right. I started off at the front and the last 2k I was practically dying on my feet as every shape and size past me out. Lesson learned . I really wish I knew my times from back then. .
                                                                                          Anyone know how to access archives from then. My memory was best time between 34_36 . Which wasnt bad for a Joe soap who just entered from the Herald.but I'd love to see them confirmed.

I remember the folks were heading to tramore for the weekend. Back then. Sure I'll cycle it. Arrived later , went out for pints , cycled back next day. Feck what has happened to me.

Comment

I remember in The 80s I ran a 10k road race . I had delusions about myself sure tis just running and I'm super fit right. I started off at the front and the last 2k I was practically dying on my feet as every shape and size past me out. Lesson learned . I really wish I knew my times from back then. .
                                                                                            Anyone know how to access archives from then. My memory was best time between 34_36 . Which wasnt bad for a Joe soap who just entered from the Herald.but I'd love to see them confirmed.

I remember the folks were heading to tramore for the weekend. Back then. Sure I'll cycle it. Arrived later , went out for pints , cycled back next day. Feck what has happened to me.
                                                                                            Sounds like you would have stormed a 5 miler that day.

Cracking 10k times Willie. 43 is my best from last Summer. Would love to knock on the door of a sub 40.

Comment

Sounds like you would have stormed a 5 miler that day.

Cracking 10k times Willie. 43 is my best from last Summer. Would love to knock on the door of a sub 40.
                                                                                              Wish I knew the official time. Someone on boards.ie said a few year ago , running mag archives from back then would have them. Dont even know the exact dates. Puma 10k in the phoeno 1st 50 home got a t shirt. I wore it home walking to Drimnagh. Sure nobody was remotely interested . Ah well. Now we cheer on the kiddies for not tripping .

Comment

In volleyball, what's the significance of the one player in the red jersey. I assume they are either positionally limited or have some super power?
                                                                                                I don't remember it from my volleyball heyday (mid 80s commutity games, deprived neighbourhoods section, plate competition runners-up no less). From memory everyone played in every position, you walked one place clockwise after every point or something.

Comment

I'm just starting running again after the guts of 6 weeks out due to my injured back... never stopped eating or drinking during the time either so lost fitness AND added a good few pounds! My first 5km back last week, I just about did it in 28 minutes and had to stop twice. Today, four 5km runs in the bag later, I managed 25:09 so the right direction at least, but my usual target of sub-22 minutes a long way off.

Can't wait to watch all the medium distance races over the coming week, will be great.

My sister-in-law snagged a last-minute reservation for Chapter One's Chef's Table tomorrow night, just four of us going, cannot wait. First use of the COVID cert and after such a long time without indoor dining (barely enjoyed any in between the lockdowns last autumn/winter) feel we really deserve something special!

Comment

In volleyball, what's the significance of the one player in the red jersey. I assume they are either positionally limited or have some super power?
                                                                                                    I don't remember it from my volleyball heyday (mid 80s commutity games, deprived neighbourhoods section, plate competition runners-up no less). From memory everyone played in every position, you walked one place clockwise after every point or something.
                                                                                                    he's called the libero. he's there purely to reinforce the defense and comes only in the back 3 positions. he has a certain amount of restrictions as to what he can and can't do.

great game by France there giving a good kicking to the leading russkies

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                      Libero...he has a certain amount of restrictions as to what he can and can't do.
                                                                                                      Hmmmm, I'm not really sure you've cleared that up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

As if they aren't on drugs too like most Olympians. Especially weightlifting, woah boy weightlifting.
                                                                                                        Women's weightlifting will be fun when the 43 year old former man competes.

NZ weightlifter Laurel Hubbard is headed for Tokyo but critics say she has an unfair advantage.
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hmmmm, I'm not really sure you've cleared that up for me.
                                                                                                          he's there as a defensive specialist and can be switched in anytime in the back (positions 1, 5, and 6). he has restrictions though, like he can send the ball over the net, just as long as the ball starts from below the net (basically can't spike), and he can hit the ball if he's in the front 3 meters as long as it's a dig (not a set).

Comment

The Card Counter

Comment

That looks like a truly awful film.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Women's weightlifting will be fun when the 43 year old former man competes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-57549653

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm just starting running again after the guts of 6 weeks out due to my injured back... never stopped eating or drinking during the time either so lost fitness AND added a good few pounds! My first 5km back last week, I just about did it in 28 minutes and had to stop twice. Today, four 5km runs in the bag later, I managed 25:09 so the right direction at least, but my usual target of sub-22 minutes a long way off.

Can't wait to watch all the medium distance races over the coming week, will be great.

My sister-in-law snagged a last-minute reservation for Chapter One's Chef's Table tomorrow night, just four of us going, cannot wait. First use of the COVID cert and after such a long time without indoor dining (barely enjoyed any in between the lockdowns last autumn/winter) feel we really deserve something special!
                                                                                                                  Ah. I saw that tweet from the chef about the last minute cancellation.

Comment

Episode 4 of Schmigadoon just dropped. An exceeding odd and yet rewarding new show. Exceedingly odd though.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      That looks like a truly awful film.
                                                                                                                      The trailer makes it looks pretty dam bad alright. I have heard other people talking about it and it feels like a completely different film with a very different tone to the one conveyed by the trailer. Hoping that is the case and the trailer has been cut badly trying to appeal to a wider audience.

Comment

Best a human can be’: indigenous Amazonian Karapiru dies of Covid

It would make you embarrassed to be part of 'civilised' society, entitled to everything and ready to take it even when you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          Episode 4 of Schmigadoon just dropped. An exceeding odd and yet rewarding new show. Exceedingly odd though.
                                                                                                                          Watched the trailer, this is a level right?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X