X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

SPOILER
    I Re-read this a few times to see if I'd missed something because it seems obvious. Pick option 2 of the dealers options, then swap door to give you a 90% chance. Sticking with the door you've chosen = 10% chance. Going with the host's option 1 is 50%.
    Agreed and well explained AJ

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Gilly View Post

Predictable silence from the usual suspects on this matter. I suppose it is more important that Pat the Covid spreader and Strewelpeter have a nice day out than the needless suffering of the animals that are subjugated for their entertainment.

Why has this prick not been shunned from the "sport". I guess it is another insight into the calibre of people involved in the industry. Anyone gambling on it or supporting it in any way needs to have a look at themselves.
      Don't remember you posting before. Must have been a while? Sorry didn't actually see Solks post and I'm probably the least qualified person to talk on the subject.. but anyway my 2c.

Its absolutely awful that this type of stuff is going on and there should be huge fines and lifetime bans given out. But the vast majority of race horses in Ireland are treated very very well. There will always be a few bag eggs in whatever walk of life you are involved in.

Pats Pub was probably a mistake alright but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. It was pretty similar to what pubs are allowed do now, but you actually knew everyone there(bar a few uninvited bad eggs). I haven't had or spread it, no cases from Pats Pub, and still to this day anyone that attended hasn't contracted it, so while irresponsible we weren't spreading it around.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

In the world we occupy right now, critical thinking skills would be much more useful to children.
        Not either or surely?

Dyou even meditate brah? Joking obv.

Think it would be a great experiment though. Everyone in BB thread tried to meditate for one hour a day, preferable before digital consumption in the morning and see what if any impact it has on the general well being.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          Bad day to be an everton fan
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Innocent until proven gylfi, DP.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about them signing Andros Townsend...

Comment

I quite admire you for Pats Pub, Pat fwiw. Not sure why. Thinks its the clear head-on way you owned it.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Its absolutely awful that this type of stuff is going on and there should be huge fines and lifetime bans given out. But the vast majority of race horses in Ireland are treated very very well. There will always be a few bag eggs in whatever walk of life you are involved in.
              What makes you say that? It certainly isn't the impression you'd get from the article.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post

Not either or surely?

Think it would be a great experiment though. Everyone in BB thread tried to meditate for one hour a day, preferable before digital consumption in the morning and see what if any impact it has on the general well being.

An hour is a bit much! I try to do 10 mins of guided breathing but often don't have the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybOi4hjZFQ

Comment

Not either or surely?

An hour would be difficult I would think, certainly for me, but I would like to explore it.

What tips could you offer, how do you get to a free mind?

I understand like everything, it takes practice.

Been trying with some success to get into a meditative state while easy running. When it works it's pretty blissful.

​​
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                    Coastguard station 3.15 ballinrobe
                    told to back Ew
                    As we speak Coastguard station is being led into a room by the owners and trainer. He is excited , at last he thinks he'll be a made horse, his dam will be proud. He bounced into the large room. FKKKKKKKK BANG .

Comment

Hour is obv difficult the way our mind is programmed right now. I tried to sit today and just watch bees and birds around a lavender patch. I said I'd just sit and see what happened, literally just focusing my attention on the bees. I last around 20 minutes, and drifted away into various illusionary mental contortions probably 10 times. More probably.

I'm sure there are others here who are better places to offer advice, but just sit, up straight, when you find your mind floating away bring it back. Infact I'd be really interested in who here has a practice. In the beginning you can use an anchor, the breath, sound, visual field. Whatever works for you. When you float away in thought, emotion, day dream whatever come back to the breath or anchor of choice.

That's it. It's the simplest and hardest thing. Equally its neither of those things. Right now I feel consciousness resides outside me, but I am sure that is influenced heavily by the teachers and material I choose to digest. May change.

HJ I'm going free diving for two days tomorrow. I'll read your Conspriacy theory, and why we sign up, book. You read one of mine?

Comment

I find either meditation or old age has given me some added empathy . Something I definitely needed to explore . It has its benefits and there are no downsides. (Meditation not old age). I'm still too much of a slave to ego but it's not the master it was. My scumbag tolerance seems unaffected by this though . I'm cool with that. Anyway I'm not that interesting compared to the black belt inner explorers but I do think you need to look inward , zero downside . Just dont forget to come out of it .

Comment

HJ I'm going free diving for two days tomorrow. I'll read your Conspriacy theory, and why we sign up, book. You read one of mine?
                          Sure. I can't promise to finish it, but I'll start it.

Comment

Defo something in what you say about coming out of it. Altered states, even relatively holistic ones can be appealing. I am having unusual, if not unheard of experiences, when in states of meditation lately. I find them quite jarring and am going to practice wiht people who have more experience and knowledge about what it may or may not be.

I hate apps, but I found the beginner course on the Waking up app, great for structure and an introduction to some relatively deep concepts. I had been meditating maybe two years before I used it and defo had value.The free version gives you access, to the course. Its ten minutes a day and like I said the structural support it gives has value in itself if your not down for some of the more mumbo Y elements.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              It has its benefits and there are no downsides. .
                              I wouldn't agree that it doesn't have potential downsides. The biggest one is misinterpretation of experience. Because meditative experiences can be powerful it is very important to have the right understanding of the nature of those experiences. Some people either with weird groups or own on their own can badly misinterpret the nature of their meditative experiences and end up thinking some very strange things about reality. There are some Tibetan Buddhist traditions where in the monastic training you would study Buddhist philosophy for many years before ever meditating, with the idea that if you meditate without "right view" you could drastically misinterpret your experiences and get into trouble.

Also in my Buddhist centre we always give a health warning to people learning meditation with us that it will change you. Awareness is not something to be taken on lightly, once you develop the faculty of it there is no telling what will unfold, and you can't go back to sleep either. As a therapist friend of mine once put it "Once you're aware you're fucked".

On another matter, I mentioned to a friend today that a mutual friend of ours has her Whattsapp signature name as Leinster Hockey. "Hmm, a Protestant," says he. "A protestant?" I asked, not getting the link. "Yeah they're mad into their hockey," says he. I mulled over what Protestants I could think of, RDIII came to mind...stereotype checks out.

Comment

As we speak Coastguard station is being led into a room by the owners and trainer. He is excited , at last he thinks he'll be a made horse, his dam will be proud. He bounced into the large room. FKKKKKKKK BANG .
                                A sad end to a life of running around trying to win us a few bob
                                may his backers rest in peace if they get put down for following him
                                he fought a good fight and ran a good race

Comment

Really good podcast on this actually with Willaby Britton and Jared Lidahl, 'the dark side of meditation' or something similar. Brilliant listen.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I wouldn't agree that it doesn't have potential downsides. The biggest one is misinterpretation of experience. Because meditative experiences can be powerful it is very important to have the right understanding of the nature of those experiences. Some people either with weird groups or own on their own can badly misinterpret the nature of their meditative experiences and end up thinking some very strange things about reality. There are some Tibetan Buddhist traditions where in the monastic training you would study Buddhist philosophy for many years before ever meditating, with the idea that if you meditate without "right view" you could drastically misinterpret your experiences and get into trouble.

Also in my Buddhist centre we always give a health warning to people learning meditation with us that it will change you. Awareness is not something to be taken on lightly, once you develop the faculty of it there is no telling what will unfold, and you can't go back to sleep either. As a therapist friend of mine once put it "Once you're aware you're fucked".

On another matter, I mentioned to a friend today that a mutual friend of ours has her Whattsapp signature name as Leinster Hockey. "Hmm, a Protestant," says he. "A protestant?" I asked, not getting the link. "Yeah they're mad into their hockey," says he. I mulled over what Protestants I could think of, RDIII came to mind...stereotype checks out.
                                    Like I said there are blackbelts . My experiences are toe tipping in the water by comparison. However I think what you experience is beyond meditation . I see no downside to meditation in itself and my comment about dont forget to come put of it was kinda based on what you describe and what I've heard .and read . May seem like semantics but I really think there is a difference . A daily routine of 20 minutes has great benefit. When you are moving into the sphere you and Sam are talking about it's a different experience and you definitely need guidance . But 99.9% of us will never go that deep.

Comment

Met Eireann have issued a code orange weather warning because nighttime
                                      temperatures will not fall below 20°.

It's the first time in history they've
                                      declared Ireland is dangerously warm.

I'll take my pasty skinned chances.

Comment

I came across a book today by Nietzsche which has the greatest subtitle I have ever seen for a book - Twilight of the Idols: or How to Philosophise with a Hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

What makes you say that? It certainly isn't the impression you'd get from the article.
                                          I'd be under the impression that there are more % of people being mistreated, malnourished, below the poverty line..whatever you want to call it, then horses in Ireland.

But I suppose I can't look at it impartially tbf. I know too many people who work Christmas day, miss family events, get badly injured, just for the love of the animals they are looking after.
                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Thoughts on stoicism in todays chaotic world ? Seen as we are touching on the dark arts

Feel like the Oracle is toying with me but being underestimated is fun may the spirit of El Tren be with you.

Comment

On the mediation front, I try to do 10-20 mins each morning. I have a very anxious mind and although there are endless variables that can influence it, an easy one to keep on top of is habitual meditation. My primary objective with the practice is to quieten my mind so that I can function to a reasonable standard throughout the day; often I will take spells of seconds/minutes through the day to detach from whatever is around me & check back in to my breath/silence & it is typically refreshing. If I pass a certain threshold of anxiety, I haven't found meditation much help in diffusing the paranoia state but I view the practice more as proactive work than reactive.

I believe meditation does a lot more for me than quietening my mind down although it's difficult to pinpoint if it's meditation itself, many years of counselling, or finding more of a self through time/life experiences which includes the aforementioned - it doesn't matter to me truthfully as the journey to know myself is my life. But being able to reduce dependence on substances, being able to accept slow progress with my mental health/self growth, being conscious of the lifelong internal stories I have harnessed & being better able to combat them, being very empathetic to the suffering of all; all of these phenomena continue to shift & grow within me in states that feel more authentic & soulful than any facets of family, friendship or partnership have yet provided.

Not sure if these books were ever mentioned here but would love to hear hotspur or others' feedback on James Hollis' 'Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life' or 'Projections' from Karl Deisseroth (also featured on a recent & awesome podcast with Andrew Huberman). I found them to be incredible pieces of condensed cross-domain knowledge in easy to digest format. It gives me a lot of optimism for the future of humankind that more & more this jargon is becoming mainstream with the hope education systems evolve in line with this over a few generations!
                                              Last edited by FeetMagic; 21-07-21, 00:00.

Comment

Ali Price and Stuart Hogg rumoured to be starting Lions.

Must increase bet size on SA 3-0, Gatland has clearly given up.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                  Not sure if these books were ever mentioned here but would love to hear hotspur or others' feedback on James Hollis' 'Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life' or 'Projections' from Karl Deisseroth (also featured on a recent & awesome podcast with Andrew Huberman).
                                                  I'm not familiar with them. I'll check them out.

Comment

No I really have no idea. I can't imagine any of us are placed to do so, at least without laughing at the face see in the mirror.
                                                    ​​​​​​I don't think I ever made any claim that I did. I posted a piece which imo shines a light on a blind spot and glaring "that's unusual" part of this. I think the reaction, both my side /reactive / and responses equally so imo highlight what we already know. It's an emotive subject.
                                                    That's fine. Wasn't suggesting for a minute that you were presenting yourself as having a solution. I agree that most of us don't have a solution. It was more to highlight that something had to be done. I find it interesting that anti-lockdown, anti-covid types, like the poker playing writer of the article you linked, have endless criticism of the action taken, but offer zero in the way of an alternative.

There's many gloom merchants out there peddling misery. Clinging to the damage, and how we should have opened up days ago. They have been saying that all along and seem incapable of recognizing that something was require. Any restriction was too much. There's also another cohort ready to pounce at too little restriction. Tough spot imo.

Re the Lord of fhe flies toddlers, yeah would prob end up in carange (once they were at an age where they have the capacity to walk/function etc). That to my mind would just be socialisation removing them from their natural state, a pretty horrifying anaology for what I think happens within society as it is and us all.
                                                    It seems we agree on the outcome. But simply differ on the cause. My opinion is that all of those issue, and a direct result of our human nature.
                                                    The natural state of awareness that you describe is not feasible. We can't sustain ourselves on awareness and meditation. We need resources, and once you introduce those to the equation to bring with it preservation, hierarchy, economics and all the social pros and cons that come with it.
                                                    ​
                                                    ​​​​
                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    I know you're not entirely serious. But that was a groups of 6 friends who ran away together.
                                                    6 is a pretty reasonable sized family unit. I wouldn't expect tribes to emerge in such a small group. Maybe stick another group of 6 on the other side of the island to hunt the chickens and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Ali Price and Stuart Hogg rumoured to be starting Lions.

Must increase bet size on SA 3-0, Gatland has clearly given up.
                                                      I might have a punt on yer 3-0 . However what's your problem with Hogg ? Serious question.

Comment

I might have a punt on yer 3-0 . However what's your problem with Hogg ? Serious question.
                                                        Lions 2-1 for me

Comment

there was 865 active cases in Japan when it was cancelled last year, now it's 27 thousand and Japan is in a state of emergency.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've never rated him as a top level player.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              there was 865 active cases in Japan when it was cancelled last year, now it's 27 thousand and Japan is in a state of emergency.
                                                              I think he had to say that for domestic political reasons - I wouldn't take it as an indicator that cancellation is likely to happen.
                                                              Anyway it's started already a few hours ago - USWNT 1-0 down to Sweden at HT in first potential minor shock.

Comment

Firstly he got a hair transplant. Then he dyed it blonde. Think ball in hand he’s electric great feet super step abs pace. Under a high ball abs defensively I’d have Liam Williams but no doubt he’s a top player.

Comment

Why? Because he's Scottish?
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I'm surprised by that. I think he is excellent, always a player I look out for in a game . Top class and not without flair .

Comment

RIP Dessie O'Malley
                                                                      Put Haughy back in his box and was a nephew of Donnagh and an uncle of Dido
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Why? Because he's Scottish?
                                                                        Because he's a show pony.

When he makes his first major fuck up on Saturday, we can review.

Comment

What is this awareness in meditation, awareness of what? What is scary about it?

Random question re the way people think, I generally don't have many/any active thoughts in my mind and just kind of exist, often people are the stark opposite. I tend to notice they often have a lot of anxiety, whereas I have very low levels, perhaps some in my body, but none in my active mind. Are these people more prone to anxiety when they actively think verbally so often and don't have a healthy pattern for it - perhaps the extra thoughts leading to more bad scenarios in their minds, and meditation/mindfulness would be even more beneficial in that case?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                            What is this awareness in meditation, awareness of what? What is scary about it?

Random question re the way people think, I generally don't have many/any active thoughts in my mind and just kind of exist, often people are the stark opposite. I tend to notice they often have a lot of anxiety, whereas I have very low levels, perhaps some in my body, but none in my active mind. Are these people more prone to anxiety when they actively think verbally so often and don't have a healthy pattern for it - perhaps the extra thoughts leading to more bad scenarios in their minds, and meditation/mindfulness would be even more beneficial in that case?
                                                                            Without knowing too much about it, I can try and compare it to using hallucinogenics maybe ? Something i will deffo try in the future, but you are advised to use a guide just in case something bad from your past comes up and you cant deal with it, or if you are prone to having psychotic episodes, its not recommended. Im sure the meditation pros are well able to open that third eye.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Without knowing too much about it, I can try and compare it to using hallucinogenics maybe ? Something i will deffo try in the future, but you are advised to use a guide just in case something bad from your past comes up and you cant deal with it, or if you are prone to having psychotic episodes, its not recommended. Im sure the meditation pros are well able to open that third eye.
                                                                              That or a couple of days into a festival and see what happens
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I'm the same - mostly just existing from moment to moment so anxiety isn't really a thing. I think this might be an ADHD pattern?
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I'm the same - mostly just existing from moment to moment so anxiety isn't really a thing. I think this might be an ADHD pattern?
                                                                                  I get so anxious after alcohol...till the next drink of course. The fear is real. Constantly preempting conversations, even benign ones like phoning the chemist to have my prescription ready tomorrow, I know its a simple ask a question and they say sure, but..i will play out 10 other ways the conversation could go.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I can't stand making phonecalls. Probably because I have PTSD from working in a call centre lol. I wouldn't be playing the conversation out in my head beforehand but yeah I'd feel awful trepidation before having to phone the chemist and will procrastinate like fuck to avoid it. Phonecalls are horrific in general. In my last job I had a desk phone and I'd be raging every time someone had the gall to call me on it. One time some absolute sociopath left me a fucking voicemail! That was traumatic. I tried to disable voicemail and it wouldn't let me, so I changed the voicemail message to say "Hey this is Andy, don't leave me a voicemail. I won't listen to it, send me an email andy@blahblah.ie. If it's urgent call my mobile 08etcetc". When I left I had 6 or 7 unread voicemails that had been there for 18 months. I'm a consummate professional.
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Re anxiety

First became aware of it in 2016.

To rewind a little first. Poker "career" had declined and by late 2014 I was essentially unemployed and pretty much unemployable. Spent 5 months applying for jobs and living an extremely frugal completely stripped back existence. It really focused the mind on money management and choices on consumption. I read loads and tuned into this Buddhist lad on youtube. Some of what he said made perfect sense but a lot of their teachings seem to be achievable mostly only if you are living in that monastic style and not balls deep in complexity. Ecxcercised loads and walked everywhere to save on petrol and all in all felt pretty good about things albeit with a bit of worry about getting an income going.

Eventually got an interview for a sales job.
                                                                                      Basically your bog standard cold calling set up (energy)I had done this before as a sole trader selling promotional gifts so while I would have preferred something else beggars cant be chooses and accepted their offer.

Not having worked for anyone in a long time It jarred a bit bring under scrutiny and having to make reports and update manager and all that stuff however I did quite well in sales.

#
                                                                                      sorry will finish later

I found it increasingly difficult however to develop the motivation to cold call. The ever increasing demands on ridiculous unproductive reporting coupled with con calls (shudder) every morning was taking its toll.
                                                                                      The anxiety I was feeling then was in my chest and bottom of throat. GP said I was burnt out and to take a month off

On my return however despite having my best month ever I decided to leave and set up on my own. Couldn't take the BS of the place anymore

The anxiety is still there in my chest but not as bad as working for that company. It feels like if you could just take one big breath it would clear it but it doesn't.
                                                                                      I have read that once it settles in it's difficult to shift it.
                                                                                      I have experienced it before interviews and some social occasions but it was always transitory
                                                                                      Not even in the depths of a 20k downswing did I feel it.

When I'm working or exercising or totally absorbed in something it dissipates to a point where I'm not aware of it but it always returns.

Alcohol obviously doent help.
                                                                                      Not having clear goals contributes somewhat but it's more than all of that too.

Think I damaged myself working in that environment, a cumulative effect of prolonged exposure to stressors in a toxic environment.

Was actually looking ar doing up a CV when I saw the posts about this. Just typing out what I am currently doing I realised how much I am actually contributing to my other job (part time)

Think I need something that I can fully absorb myself in where it doesnt even feel like work.

Had an even longer one done up but lost it somehow

Tl/dr

Last edited by dinekes; 21-07-21, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                        I can't stand making phonecalls. Probably because I have PTSD from working in a call centre lol. I wouldn't be playing the conversation out in my head beforehand but yeah I'd feel awful trepidation before having to phone the chemist and will procrastinate like fuck to avoid it. Phonecalls are horrific in general. In my last job I had a desk phone and I'd be raging every time someone had the gall to call me on it. One time some absolute sociopath left me a fucking voicemail! That was traumatic. I tried to disable voicemail and it wouldn't let me, so I changed the voicemail message to say "Hey this is Andy, don't leave me a voicemail. I won't listen to it, send me an email andy@blahblah.ie. If it's urgent call my mobile 08etcetc". When I left I had 6 or 7 unread voicemails that had been there for 18 months. I'm a consummate professional.

Last edited by Micknail; 21-07-21, 19:40.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Dont beat yerself up over phone calls. It's a man thing. We dont like to use up our daily quota of words . I cant remember the last time my friends actually phoned me at home. Only when out to meet up etc. Personally I liked using the phone in the past but this new smart phone era has made us all lazy. Including women and then they haven't used their quota so us poor men have to listen to them unload when all we want is peace and quiet.

Comment

What a fucking leader.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I prefer phone calls over e-mail the vast majority of the time. I think that e-mail has become one of, if not the most, unproductive tools there is in a work setting. Between people cc'ing half the world to sending e-mails to cover their ass, to sending e-mails to make it look like they are busy to just being completely stupid and sending an e-mail when there is no need.

Most times, a two minute phone call can deal with something that takes 20 e-mails back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                I prefer phone calls over e-mail the vast majority of the time. I think that e-mail has become one of, if not the most, unproductive tools there is in a work setting. Between people cc'ing half the world to sending e-mails to cover their ass, to sending e-mails to make it look like they are busy to just being completely stupid and sending an e-mail when there is no need.

Most times, a two minute phone call can deal with something that takes 20 e-mails back and forth.
                                                                                                Ah now, that's a case of know your customer,
                                                                                                as I've colleagues who will defo go on on tangents and take about 10mins to hang up when we both know that the original conversation is done at that stage.
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Someone gimme a dummies guide to GIFs please,
                                                                                                  am failing badly here.
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The scales indicate I have finally touched the high 75s. Huzzah. I'm 5.11 (or as I admit to myself in my darkest moments - 5ft 10 and a half inches) and tipped 80kg due to covid lack of movement. A lot of people can carry off 80 at my height - I think Raoul mentioned being that weight and it fitting him well for the approx same height - but for me it just translated into a stomach and nothing else, maybe due to lower fitness. So the 4-5 kilos recently lost are directly off the stomach, which is quite dramatic.

My secret has been - ditching dinner and instead having a pouch of this stuff: https://www.eatfiid.com/collections/...t-potato-curry

It wasn't too easy in the beginning, as its knocking close to a 1000 calories off daily intake, but seems to be on a roll now. Those pouches are very nice btw. Really quite decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      The scales indicate I have finally touched the high 75s. Huzzah. I'm 5.11 (or as I admit to myself in my darkest moments - 5ft 10 and a half inches) and tipped 80kg due to covid lack of movement. A lot of people can carry off 80 at my height - I think Raoul mentioned being that weight and it fitting him well for the approx same height - but for me it just translated into a stomach and nothing else, maybe due to lower fitness. So the 4-5 kilos recently lost are directly off the stomach, which is quite dramatic.

My secret has been - ditching dinner and instead having a pouch of this stuff: https://www.eatfiid.com/collections/...t-potato-curry

It wasn't too easy in the beginning, as its knocking close to a 1000 calories off daily intake, but seems to be on a roll now. Those pouches are very nice btw. Really quite decent.
                                                                                                      Fuck that, working all day everyone deserves a good dinner, dont have to resort to dinner in a pouch.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Smokey bean stew one is pretty good too.
                                                                                                        I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm just lazy.
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Yesterday's quiz was too easy, let's see how well people do today:

There are two bowls of five apples, one of five red, one of five green. Some of the apples have been poisoned. The way the poison works (it's not very strong), if you eat one poisoned apple you are fine, with no symptoms, but if you eat two you die.

(So just to make it clear, if you eat three apples in this order Posion, Normal, Poison - you would die after the third apple).

If you must choose one of the following two options, which gives you a higher chance of survival?

A. Eat two green apples (2 out of 5 are normal)

B. Eat three red apples (3 out of 5 are normal)

I would be interested in peoples answer using intuition as well as working it out

Comment

There are two bowls of five apples, one of five red, one of five green. Some of the apples have been poisoned. The way the poison works (it's not very strong), if you eat one poisoned apple you are fine, with no symptoms, but if you eat two you die.

(So just to make it clear, if you eat three apples in this order Posion, Normal, Poison - you would die after the third apple).

If you must choose one of the following two options, which gives you a higher chance of survival?

I would be interested in peoples answer using intuition as well as working it out
                                                                                                            whats the distribution of poison to normal?
                                                                                                            and does each colour have equal amounts?

Assuming it's an even distribution A is the answer I'm sure.

edit I somehow missed the distribution
                                                                                                            B so.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Fuck that, working all day everyone deserves a good dinner, dont have to resort to dinner in a pouch.
                                                                                                              I can't quite describe how much I dislike being (a bit) overweight. It feels very unpleasant. So the pouches are the lessor of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                Smokey bean stew one is pretty good too.
                                                                                                                I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm just lazy.
                                                                                                                Yeah. They are genuinely decent! Seems to be a pure Irish enterprise too.

Comment

Have no intuitive skills for these. But surely its just -

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  ...multiplication of odds.

So A chance of normal x normal = 0.4 x 0.4 = 0.16

B chance of normal x normal x normal = 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.6 = 0.21

so go with B.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                    Someone gimme a dummies guide to GIFs please,
                                                                                                                    am failing badly here.
                                                                                                                    Click the little image button, looks like a mountain landscape and a sun.
                                                                                                                    paste the address
                                                                                                                    untick Retrieve remote file and reference locally
                                                                                                                    press ok.

fin.

Comment

I have an ongoing inner monologue, as I thought most people did until I heard there were people who didn't. I don't believe I have any ongoing anxiety issues.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Think A as its 30% death chance, B is 40%

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Hotspur was right, Hitch gone vegan after swinging post (those pouches are vegan company and yes they are really great). Well done on the weight loss!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X