This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Invest in low-cost ETFs (they do several good ones with zero fees), wait a few years and leave Ireland before selling to avoid CGT. You need to be gone from Ireland for quite a while.
    Required to be gone 3 years iirc.
    Also have to be wary of the CGT rules of new residence. Portugal appears to be popular.

Have you plans to leave to deal with CGT on crypto. I guess most are simply not paying CGT on crypto and the like.

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
    What's wrong with paying tax.
    In general nothing. But CGT specifically is pretty outrageous. Opinion might change when they see the rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Required to be gone 3 years iirc.
      Also have to be wary of the CGT rules of new residence. Portugal appears to be popular.

Have you plans to leave to deal with CGT on crypto. I guess most are simply not paying CGT on crypto and the like.
      Unfortunately, I don't own enough for it to be a big deal. I have a lot more in more regular investments.

I think anyone who is relatively mobile is insane if they stay in Ireland when liable for large CGT. Irelands business model is to provide a tax haven for corporations - I don't see why you would expect an individual to not take advantage of the same system.

Comment

Lockdown policies =/= left-right spectrum

I've no idea why Mexicos lockdown was like. But I am doubtful of the claim that it was polar opposite to the US because they are left wing. Based on a whim, I'd guess that the Mexican response was very close to the US response. I entirely expect that they should have similar outcomes. I'm kind of at a loss as to why you think the left-right spectrum is a factor.
        Mexicos president Amlo is more a populist than a leftist, and their lockdown was not very strict for a number of reasons - for one thing, some gigantic portion of the state operates in the grey economy, and the state is not rich enough to be able to pay them every one to stay at home. So your intuition is broadly correct.

Mexico has a lot more in common with the US than places like Vietnam or China.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
          To answer your initial question which I didn't see, I think it's some version of; A new virus emerges, positions a train on the top of a hill, begins to roll down. ( Gazziiolion dollar vaccine race, econmic shifts re reactivity both individual and mass, concern global healthcare will crumble etc etc) our understanding and ability and treatments improve and emerge, but train is already moving and we are in the middle of a vaccine drive and the show goes on. No secret handshakes. No dark plots in dark evil corners, just a human consciousness, almost a singular one that has been entangled with consumerism, econmic servitude and lot touch with itself. Bit floaty but you prob know me well enough to know what all that means.
          To approach it from another way. Take out all the greed, and self serving lizard men out of the situation. Lets pretend people are motivate purely to do the right thing.

It's Feb/March 2020. How should covid have been handled. What should the governments of Ireland, the US, the UK wherever have done. With all the benefit of hindsight now, what would have been the max EV line? I think if we can establish that, it clears up a lot of criticism in general.

I'm astounded by many parts of humanity. I think if we taught our children how to meditate and learn, harness and be aware of their own mind, out world would look immeasurable different, kind and connected to the 'love' which is all our true nature.
          I completely agree that if that were the case, the world would be immeasurable different and for the better.
          But don't agree it's out true nature unfortunately. If it were human nature, it would be the default position the world over. But sadly the gargantuan piles of evidence suggest that it's not the natural outcome left to our own devices. Humans like all creatures have an innate sense of self preservation, that we hold above the preservation of others. Again, I agree with we should strive for it, we should do so aware that it takes conscious effort and decision. Being able to make those altruistic decisions is what is separating use from the apes, slowly.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't own enough for it to be a big deal. I have a lot more in more regular investments.

I think anyone who is relatively mobile is insane if they stay in Ireland when liable for large CGT. Irelands business model is to provide a tax haven for corporations - I don't see why you would expect an individual to not take advantage of the same system.
            Wonder if there's a case for setting up a Ltd company or sole trader business purely for that?
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

To approach it from another way. Take out all the greed, and self serving lizard men out of the situation. Lets pretend people are motivate purely to do the right thing.

It's Feb/March 2020. How should covid have been handled. What should the governments of Ireland, the US, the UK wherever have done. With all the benefit of hindsight now, what would have been the max EV line? I think if we can establish that, it clears up a lot of criticism in general.
              I' m not placed to answer that, I'd argue very few if any people are. My personal answer is I dont know.

Comment

I completely agree that if that were the case, the world would be immeasurable different and for the better.
                But don't agree it's out true nature unfortunately. If it were human nature, it would be the default position the world over. But sadly the gargantuan piles of evidence suggest that it's not the natural outcome left to our own devices. Humans like all creatures have an innate sense of self preservation, that we hold above the preservation of others. Again, I agree with we should strive for it, we should do so aware that it takes conscious effort and decision. Being able to make those altruistic decisions is what is separating use from the apes, slowly.
                This one I guess I do have an opinion but may not have the nuance to get it into words.

I believe our true state just to be awareness itself, for the most part we spend very little time in that seat. From there, I absolutely believe it would be impossible to do anything to make another suffer etc. For years, I would have agreed with you entirely, an even more pessimistic outlook that some peoples natural state is evil. He is just a bit of a cunt etc. I know see it as one, our natural state is all the same, simple awareness. That whatever weird thing is it, is just 'love' not quite the word, but whatever word encompasses that state.

I think the systems within the society we live in for the most part make us a huge dog to spend much time in that state. Loads of reasons why. I do feel like something is giving a bit. Breaking. A sort of global consciousness recognition that things simply cant go on from these states of contortion.

Comment

I think this was always likely, but the figures now starting to bear it out. Indian covid deaths are officially ~400k but when you look at excess mortality, it looks more like 10*.

Likely this is replicated in other countries where a combination of inadequate health systems plus political denialism has resulted in under-reporting.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Somebody was bashing Lex Fridman here the other day, they are way out of line. He is an excellent interviewer, it's incredible the amount of research he does on a variety of subjects. The fact he admires Joe Rogan is not surprising, Joe is the most successful podcaster around who has paved the way for people to follow him.
                    I thought he was really dull at first but it turns out he's just a bit monotone. Took me some time to tune into his mannerisms.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The exemption is so low that owning virtually any is liable for CGT though. Not specific to crypto, but but probably a higher proportion of new investors in crypto that are frustrated by it.

Comment

You don't pay CGT on ETF's, you pay a higher rate of tax (41%) and also have to pay tax every 8 years even if you don't sell them. One could buy a house just past the NI border and live down here really though :P

Making a company doesn't end up better for you really

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                          Anyone that frequented the crackpot jackpot back in the day Gerrys across the road is closing after 39 years of business.
                          So much happiness in a full Irish at Gerry's.
                          It meant that your table never fell below the necessary quota of drunken clubbers
                          and more critically that variance never got you.

Comment

I' m not placed to answer that, I'd argue very few if any people are. My personal answer is I dont know.
                            Well ok then, maybe few people if anyone can say with absolute confidence what the nut line would have been. But maybe we can all agree that doing nothing would a terrible option.
                            And if your opinion is that the line that they took was shit. Surely you have some idea of a middle ground that would have been better than those two bookends?

This one I guess I do have an opinion but may not have the nuance to get it into words.

I believe our true state just to be awareness itself, for the most part we spend very little time in that seat. From there, I absolutely believe it would be impossible to do anything to make another suffer etc. For years, I would have agreed with you entirely, an even more pessimistic outlook that some peoples natural state is evil. He is just a bit of a cunt etc. I know see it as one, our natural state is all the same, simple awareness. That whatever weird thing is it, is just 'love' not quite the word, but whatever word encompasses that state.

I think the systems within the society we live in for the most part make us a huge dog to spend much time in that state. Loads of reasons why. I do feel like something is giving a bit. Breaking. A sort of global consciousness recognition that things simply cant go on from these states of contortion.
                            I agree that society creates a system where people are set up to lose. But I'm talking more about the natural state part.
                            Take 100 innocent toddlers, stick them on a isolated island. Create a prefect mesotopia where there's sufficient resources for everyone. A big harmonic sharing society is one outcome, but I think that Lord of the Flies is a more likely outcome. Self preservation is a fundamental characteristic of life. Self preservation means creating a benefit for ones self. But life is a zero sum game. A benefit for one, usually means a loss for another.

Comment

Gerry's a terrible loss to the community. I declare a week of mourning.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Closed_Account I think you would benefit greatly from studying some philosophy. What you and Mellor are arguing right now is essentially Hobbes vs Rousseau, an argument that started in 1651:

Hobbes vs Rousseau: Their rival views still divide the world. Is modern politics the victory of cooperation over war, or proof capitalism fosters greater inequality?

This discussion can only be resolved by the discovery of a Hegelian synthesis of the two polar opposites (thesis and antithesis), which I don't think you're going to find on a poker forum tbh. You have correctly spotted that most people here (including your former self) are extremely Hobbesian in their leanings, but going full Rousseau isn't going to provide a solution to that, it's just going to cause you a lot of cognitive dissonance. Neither approach is completely correct, the solution is in the continual hard work of finding alignments and making compromises.

Comment

Here's a snippet from the Dublin property market at present, might be of interest to some - we viewed a house on Saturday morning, won't link to it but you'll find it if you search, Woodlands Drive in Stillorgan.

Was placed on the market earlier in the year at €815K, went sale agreed without us viewing. Came back on in the last week or so at €845K, and we decided to take a look even though for us the €/sq foot is a bit high. That said we don't know the Stillorgan market that well. Anyhow, viewed it, it's nice but nothing spectacular (unlike a property I may have mentioned I saw a few weeks ago, 22 Glencairn Chase, fuck me that was amazing. Bidding quickly spiraled up to touching €1M though...).

Afterwards asked the Estate Agent what was the deal with the earlier sale agreed and return to market situation. The house, asking €815K, was bid up to €965K!!!!!!!! I was stunned. Over €600/sq foot and not even in tip-top decorative order or anything. The guy claimed there was an underbid of €915K still hanging around, but the owners wanted to go back to the market. Obviously have their hearts set on the mid 950s.

I'm still a bit stunned by these prices to be honest. We're currently no longer sale agreed on our sale OR a purchase, due to much messing, so have been accommodating viewings of our own house and going to some ourselves. Definitely feels like the market has jumped a good 10% since we first started looking in March, and I don't think I'm exaggerating with that. May not be a time to trade up.

Hope all is going well in your search Hitch.

Comment

Coastguard station 3.15 ballinrobe
                                    told to back Ew

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                      Coastguard station 3.15 ballinrobe
                                      told to back Ew
                                      Is that market an early boost for the bookies Xmas Party?

Comment

ionapaul That's the third tale of that kind I've heard in the last week. Crazy shit.

Maybe we should take the lootz and set up an IPB community down the sticks.

Comment

Touching a milly for a 3 bed Semi with no en-suite. 2006 says hello.

Comment

Ah lads, these house price posts are utterly depressing.

I'm in a somewhat unique situation whereby I own and pay a mortgage on a house that I don't live in or rent out & I also pay rent in a place I do live.

Mrs Lao Lao wants to move from the rental (in fairness, it is now too small for us) but also doesn't want to move to the property I own and instead wants to stay close(ish) to where we now rent.

I think it is just madness to even think about buying now, prices are just through the roof and there is zero value out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Touching a milly for a 3 bed Semi with no en-suite. 2006 says hello.
                                              Prices definitely not that far off peak tiger for some properties... The thing is, AFAIK in Ireland, even with this panic, our house price increases are actually below those in many other Western countries!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Is that market an early boost for the bookies Xmas Party?
                                                I’ll let you know at 3.25 or so

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

I’ll let you know at 3.25 or so
                                                  glgl - im sure the bookies wont care if they're all making 25% on the race. They must be looking at houses in Stillorgan.

Comment

Fuck it, in for a penny in for a pound.

Marxism is the first attempt to find such a synthesis (Marx was a student of Hegel via Bruno Bauer) . His solution was that people are not essentially good, but that if the right material conditions were created, that they would become good. There's two problems with this - firstly it's still a Rousseauian solution, and second it divides the entire world up into people who are on board with Marxism and people who need reeducating.

Dostoyevski deftly dismissed Rousseau with a flick of his pen:

Shower on him every blessing, drown him in a sea of happiness, give him economic prosperity such that he should have nothing else to do but sleep, eat cakes, and busy himself with the continuation of the species, and even then, out of sheer ingratitude, sheer spite, man would play you some nasty trick.
                                                    This btw is the plot of the popular Hollywood animated movie "Wall-E". A rogue AI destroys fully-automated luxury space communism because it believes mankind deserves to be challenged.

Fascism could then be described as a Hobbesian solution in contrast to Marxism, and nobody needs explaining why that went bad. One could then argue that neoliberalism is the third attempt to resolve the dichotomy, has been tremendously successful, but it's inherently unsustainable and now we're living through it's failure and collapse - to be replaced by something better??

Comment

This week is actually the week to be working in the office. A/C in the car for the commute and A/C in a small private office (thanks to the boss not commuting these days). Back home the housing estate is being extended and it's a constant drone of construction noise under 70m away. Close the windows and roast, open the windows and noise-cancelling headphones almost provide some cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                        As V4V, Strewelpeter and I will attest to... Go west of the M50.
                                                        Jaysis.

Not sure I could pay that price. Do you even have oatmeal lattes out there?

Comment

Its like watching something from a sci fi film ! Blue origin launch.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

With regard to house prices, a lot of people seem to assume the prices will come down. I'm sure that the rate of change will come down, but I've not convinced the actual price of houses is likely to fall any time soon. As Paul mentions this is a global phenomena.

Comment

Cool Monty hall variant - if you already know the answer don't spoil it!

You're a contestant of a game show! There are 10 closed doors: 9 lead to nothing and 1 leads to an expensive car. You are allowed to pick a door and earn the car if it's behind the door you choose.

Stage 1: You choose a door.

Stage 2: The host tells you to choose from two helpful options:

Option 1: Open Five doors!

You choose four more doors in addition to the one you've already selected and open all 5. You win the car if it is behind any of the five doors you choose to open.

Option 2: The host eliminates 8 red herrings!

The host will open 8 empty doors that are not the door you chose initially that do not contain the car. This leaves two doors closed: your initial choice and one other door -- the car is definitely behind one of them. You can then choose to either open the original door you chose in stage 1 or open the only other remaining closed door.

What should you do to maximize your chances of winning the car?

Comment

I am just looking randomly, seeing what is available, but good to know that bidding can go crazy. Spent an hour looking yesterday for places and these were the ones I liked the most but there were still the vast majority to look at.

Find Terraced Houses for Sale in Raheny, Dublin. Search 11 Terraced Houses for sale on Daft.ie now.

Find Semi Detached Houses for Sale in Kimmage, Dublin. Search 12 Semi Detached Houses for sale on Daft.ie now.

Don't mind linking them I'm not gonna be buying yet, having fun having a look at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Jaysis.

Not sure I could pay that price. Do you even have oatmeal lattes out there?
                                                                  There are fresh spills on the N7 every so often . We also have the Avoca where you can buy a clancy bros jumper for 300 euros and some fancy suckers for grandad.

Comment

You're a contestant of a game show! There are 10 closed doors: 9 lead to nothing and 1 leads to an expensive car. You are allowed to pick a door and earn the car if it's behind the door you choose.

You choose four more doors in addition to the one you've already selected and open all 5. You win the car if it is behind any of the five doors you choose to open.

The host will open 8 empty doors that are not the door you chose initially that do not contain the car. This leaves two doors closed: your initial choice and one other door -- the car is definitely behind one of them. You can then choose to either open the original door you chose in stage 1 or open the only other remaining closed door.

SPOILER
                                                                    second option and switch gives you 90% chance to get it? First option is 50%. Second option and don't switch is 10%

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

There are fresh spills on the N7 every so often . We also have the Avoca where you can buy a clancy bros jumper for 300 euros and some fancy suckers for grandad.
                                                                      Look at you, a proud son of Dubbalin masquerading as a culchie. You and Horatio both.

If Ronnie Drew was still alive, he'd spit on you. Or possibly puke.

Comment

vgo7mr6.png

All adding up to a fail. You're allowed 8 of the blue errors. Felt it was a collection of minor enough things and they could have looked at a slightly bigger picture of me clearly being okay driving.
                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Hope all is going well in your search Hitch.
                                                                          In between failing my driving test, I also found the time today to send a deposit to go sale agreed on somewhere previously posted here (kill avenue). Not sure if something might still go wrong, so loads of fingers, toes, and hair follicles crossed.
                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Well ok then, maybe few people if anyone can say with absolute confidence what the nut line would have been. But maybe we can all agree that doing nothing would a terrible option.
                                                                            And if your opinion is that the line that they took was shit. Surely you have some idea of a middle ground that would have been better than those two bookends?
                                                                            No I really have no idea. I can't imagine any of us are placed to do so, at least without laughing at the face see in the mirror.
                                                                            ​​​​​​I don't think I ever made any claim that I did. I posted a piece which imo shines a light on a blind spot and glaring "that's unusual" part of this. I think the reaction, both my side /reactive / and responses equally so imo highlight what we already know. It's an emotive subject.

Think this has dragged on a bit and I would find it tilting if some subject kept croping up every few days: let alone one as jading as this, so I won't be responding to anything else covidy. I think my train rolling down a hill mumbo jumbo is a fair snap of how I feel. Could well change.

Re the Lord of fhe flies toddlers, yeah would prob end up in carange (once they were at an age where they have the capacity to walk/function etc). That to my mind would just be socialisation removing them from their natural state, a pretty horrifying anaology for what I think happens within society as it is and us all. Fwiw not saying I'm not in it, I am. I punt/ poker/ most days so I can swim every day wearing new googles made by some orphan in a sweat factory. I'm not sure if you can be anything other than a renunciant and be preachy about the world as it is, without being a total joke of a person. I increasingly dont recognise any of this as me though, more so just awareness looking at the Show of 'Sam' IPB tussles and all.

Also think I'm tettering very perilously on the insufferable cunt axis, vegan crunk music and loafers with no socks etc so might not go balls deep on the philosophy debate either despite finding it very interesting as think the foundations of all these things are fucked as there is no 'self'

​​​​

​​​​
                                                                            ​​
                                                                            Last edited by Closed_Account; 20-07-21, 14:14.

Comment

I want to hire a dealer for a home game over the next few weeks. Any ideas where to look? Thanks in advance

Comment

Jaysus if you're gonna disagree with Descartes you're trying to fight Mike Tyson in your opening bout

Comment

[QUOTE=AndyFatBastard;n1698028]Jaysus if you're gonna disagree with Descartes you're trying to fight Mike Tyson in your opening bout [/QUO

Only place to start!

Comment

***

SPOILER
                                                                                    I Re-read this a few times to see if I'd missed something because it seems obvious. Pick option 2 of the dealers options, then swap door to give you a 90% chance. Sticking with the door you've chosen = 10% chance. Going with the host's option 1 is 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                      I want to hire a dealer for a home game over the next few weeks. Any ideas where to look? Thanks in advance
                                                                                      If I'm free for the date you're having it, I'd do it. Worked at every festival in Ireland, regularly worked for Liam Delaney and in JPs club pre covid. I dont have any equipment but if it's just a dealer you want, I'd happily give you a price and see if you're happy with it.

Give me a PM with what you have in mind and I'll give you a price if you want.

Comment

Look at you, a proud son of Dubbalin masquerading as a culchie. You and Horatio both.

If Ronnie Drew was still alive, he'd spit on you. Or possibly puke.
                                                                                        Today let me take you to Newcastle Co DUBLIN where you can walk of a summers evening by the grand canal or have a pint near the hatch bar and a lively singalong in McEvoys with its charming hosts and regulars consisting of locals and barge dwellers - my Dublin Ronnie Drew 98fm.

Comment

Take 100 innocent toddlers, stick them on a isolated island. Create a prefect mesotopia where there's sufficient resources for everyone. A big harmonic sharing society is one outcome, but I think that Lord of the Flies is a more likely outcome.
                                                                                          or not perhaps

When a group of schoolboys were marooned on an island in 1965, it turned out very differently to William Golding’s bestseller, writes Rutger Bregman

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I have my morning coffees sitting in the shade of the courtyard in Cliff at Lyons. Can all but guarantee it beats the shit out of where 95%+ of those on here swill thiers.
                                                                                            Had dinner out there recently (not in the Michelin starred place) was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Had dinner out there recently (not in the Michelin starred place) was very impressed.
                                                                                              Cost me too much for an eggs Benedict there one time. I know my place and it's not forking out to be in a posh country kitchen scene. so I went to the spar and had a big tuna salad roll for lunch . It is rather pleasant out there though.

Comment

When will Joe Public be able to go racing again? Laytown in September? Would be nice to go to Naas tomorrow evening.
                                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                  When will Joe Public be able to go racing again? Laytown in September? Would be nice to go to Naas tomorrow evening.
                                                                                                  I've a ticket for tomorrow. AFAIK there are 500 allowed at most meetings 1000 at Galway. The plan was to get four of the 500 tickets that were up for sale you were supposed to be able to buy two, when I went on to book them it told me that I could only buy one and when my mates went on they couldn't get any. Looks like I may have snagged the last available one. Not as keen for going on my own but I probably head over.

Comment

As V4V, Strewelpeter and I will attest to... Go west of the M50.
                                                                                                    There is definitely better priced options out that way but west of the M50 would probably be a harder sell than north of the Liffey.

With regard to house prices, a lot of people seem to assume the prices will come down. I'm sure that the rate of change will come down, but I've not convinced the actual price of houses is likely to fall any time soon. As Paul mentions this is a global phenomena.
                                                                                                    This is one thing that does worry me. There is no guarantee that prices will go down and even if the overall price of housing does drop, certain areas may hold onto their price better than others.

Comment

Nothing worse than nouveau veggies eh

Someone pick the bones out of this. I dont think it's by Cummings. A Romanov style death , coldly shot in front of each other. Apparently

Predictable silence from the usual suspects on this matter. I suppose it is more important that Pat the Covid spreader and Strewelpeter have a nice day out than the needless suffering of the animals that are subjugated for their entertainment.

Why has this prick not been shunned from the "sport". I guess it is another insight into the calibre of people involved in the industry. Anyone gambling on it or supporting it in any way needs to have a look at themselves.

Comment

Today let me take you to Newcastle Co DUBLIN where you can walk of a summers evening by the grand canal or have a pint near the hatch bar and a lively singalong in McEvoys with its charming hosts and regulars consisting of locals and barge dwellers - my Dublin Ronnie Drew 98fm.
                                                                                                        Sure you have feckin fresh air, fields and non-vermin wildlife. 'tis unnatural.

Pure savagery. I'm having your Brendan Behan doppelganger status revoked.

Comment

I'm astounded by many parts of humanity. I think if we taught our children how to meditate and learn, harness and be aware of their own mind, out world would look immeasurable different, kind and connected to the 'love' which is all our true nature.
                                                                                                          In the world we occupy right now, critical thinking skills would be much more useful to children.
                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Bad day to be an everton fan
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Innocent until proven gylfi, DP.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

vgo7mr6.png

All adding up to a fail. You're allowed 8 of the blue errors. Felt it was a collection of minor enough things and they could have looked at a slightly bigger picture of me clearly being okay driving.
                                                                                                                You're probably overqualified to drive in France!

Comment

Sure you have feckin fresh air, fields and non-vermin wildlife. 'tis unnatural.

Pure savagery. I'm having your Brendan Behan doppelganger status revoked.
                                                                                                                  An the ol triangle goes jingle jangle all along the banks of the Roy ....Grand canal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

In the world we occupy right now, critical thinking skills would be much more useful to children.
                                                                                                                    Perhaps both.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      Innocent until proven gylfi, DP.

Comment

Poisoned again.

MOURNERS packed tightly into the rows of pews housed in the Church of St Ignatius in county Kildare were treated to a beautiful funeral mass celebrating the life of Alan 'The Hammer' Lowney who passed …

Comment

One of the young uns in the shop tested positive for Covid today. Close contacts getting tested.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X