This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing worse than nouveau veggies eh

Someone pick the bones out of this. I dont think it's by Cummings. A Romanov style death , coldly shot in front of each other. Apparently

Some horses once trained by some of racing’s top names are being slaughtered, BBC Panorama finds.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      The new Boards site is slick? No.
      I edited your post a little. Which incidentally is something you can't do on boards now. If someone prints an essay and asks a question at the end of it, then you have to quote the whole thing just to answer the question.
      Very difficult to navigate unless you have bookmarks set up. Like if you have a random Gardening question to ask how would you find the forum?
      Not showing the time a post was made is poor (reading back on a sports thread its pretty important to see exactly when a post was made).
      The simple 'find all my posts' button is gone - its how I used to navigate the site.

Just some bug bears of mine - first world problems as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        I am a poopy pants
        don't be so hard on yourself

Comment

Ivermectin is an interesting one. I think everyone thought it was the new Hydroxychloroquine. Bret Weinstein will be smug as fuck if it turns out he was right about this too, although given the quality of the studies he's hung his hat on, that would also be him being results oriented af too.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You do know it's not my document right DeadParrot. I'm not offended, but would absolutely have cause to be if I was that way inclined. 'You are clever eought to realize this' - that's something ones says with is an outlet for a contortion one has.

I found the interesting parts of the article, the crazy blindspot re deaths through poverty. 2. The vaccine dude and 3. Lockdowns, which I assumed the bulk or majority of people now saw very little or at least not enough justification for, even before factoring the knock on stuff.

I was extremely scared when this all began. That's correct. I dont distance myself from any feeling I have. There is a wonderful book called the Unthethered Soul which I'd recommend re this topic.

I know you are a great guy, from my dealings with you, so defo no beef whatsoever, just some assumptions you have made, while understandable, are not the case.

Wont be engaging much further, as think I see the world very differently than people I am engaging with and perhaps will only lead to frustration both sides.

Not right or wrong stuff, just different.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
              You do know it's not my document right DeadParrot. I'm not offended, but would absolutely have cause to be if I was that way inclined. 'You are clever eought to realize this' - that's something ones says with is an outlet for a contortion one has.

I found the interesting parts of the article, the crazy blindspot re deaths through poverty. 2. The vaccine dude and 3. Lockdowns, which I assumed the bulk or majority of people now saw very little or at least not enough justification for, even before factoring the knock on stuff.

I was extremely scared when this all began. That's correct. I dont distance myself from any feeling I have. There is a wonderful book called the Unthethered Soul which I'd recommend re this topic.

I know you are a great guy, from my dealings with you, so defo no beef whatsoever, just some assumptions you have made, while understandable, are not the case.

Wont be engaging much further, as think I see the world very differently than people I am engaging with and perhaps will only lead to frustration both sides.

Not right or wrong stuff, just different.
              I assume you aren't the author man, just given the fact no author has been cited "your document" is the most handy psudonym I can place on it as you are the source.
              I'm genuninely open to having my mind changed. There's just nothing in that doc that'll do it.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Come on Sam - you don't see movement of people, spread of virus, suffering and death of medically vulnerable as being interrelated?
                I mean. I'm not going to argue that there will be more transmission of a contagious virus when people are bobbing around freely. I'm sure there will be.

To answer your initial question which I didn't see, I think it's some version of; A new virus emerges, positions a train on the top of a hill, begins to roll down. ( Gazziiolion dollar vaccine race, econmic shifts re reactivity both individual and mass, concern global healthcare will crumble etc etc) our understanding and ability and treatments improve and emerge, but train is already moving and we are in the middle of a vaccine drive and the show goes on. No secret handshakes. No dark plots in dark evil corners, just a human consciousness, almost a singular one that has been entangled with consumerism, econmic servitude and lot touch with itself. Bit floaty but you prob know me well enough to know what all that means.

I'm astounded by many parts of humanity. I think if we taught our children how to meditate and learn, harness and be aware of their own mind, out world would look immeasurable different, kind and connected to the 'love' which is all our true nature.

​​​​​​Five years ag I would have immediately disliked someone spouting crusty bolloxology like that.
                Last edited by Closed_Account; 19-07-21, 14:37.

Comment

I mean. I'm not going to argue that there will be more transmission of a contagious virus when people are bobbing around freely. I'm sure there will be.

To answer your initial question which I didn't see, I think it's some version of; A new virus emerges, positions a train on the top of a hill, begins to roll down. ( Gazziiolion dollar vaccine race, econmic shifts re reactivity both individual and mass, concern global healthcare will crumble etc etc) our understanding and ability and treatments improve and emerge, but train is already moving and we are in the middle of a vaccine drive and the show goes on. No secret handshakes. No dark plots in dark evil corners, just a human consciousness, almost a singular one that has been entangled with consumerism, econmic servitude and lot touch with itself. Bit floaty but you prob know me well enough to know what all that means.

I'm astounded by many parts of humanity. I think if we taught our children how to meditate and learn, harness and be aware of their own mind, out world would look immeasurable different, kind and connected to the 'love' which is all our true nature.

​​​​​​Five years ag I would have immediately disliked someone spouting crusty bolloxology like that.
                  Nobody can argue with that point anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Come on Sam - you don't see movement of people, spread of virus, suffering and death of medically vulnerable as being interrelated?
                    Particularly when you have a very clear correlation between governments that were lockdown-phobic (US, Brazil, India) and the heath outcomes in their countries.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

oh what a glorious joy it is to be trying to work out the right trains to get across France. A little bit disappointing to see I misjudged distance badly due to not realising how far away Cherbourg is from everywhere, but that's maybe part of the fun.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Particularly when you have a very clear correlation between governments that were lockdown-phobic (US, Brazil, India) and the heath outcomes in their countries.
                        I'd like the logic to be true, but I'm not sure it would stand up to much analysis. The Belgians have horrible health outcomes and are hundrum middle of the road politics. Colombia and Argentina have approx the same outcomes as Brazil, but just didn't get the negative PR. Left-wing Mexico and Trump US have approx the same outcomes. To be clear, I'd like it to be true, just not sure it is.

Comment

Signed up to Degiro.
                          How do I make my first mirrion dollars?
                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                            Signed up to Degiro.
                            use the experience learning how to sign up to things, to sign up to binance? mirrions await.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              oh what a glorious joy it is to be trying to work out the right trains to get across France. A little bit disappointing to see I misjudged distance badly due to not realising how far away Cherbourg is from everywhere, but that's maybe part of the fun.
                              Hmmmm, when we were first discussing this in winter, wasn't it 'hop on a train in Cherbourg, 2 hours to Granville the centre of Normandy and then a tgv to anywhere?'

edit : I remember because I passed on the advice to someone else without checking. Looking now, Granville appears not to be not quite in the Athlone position .
                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 19-07-21, 16:16.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Hmmmm, when we were first discussing this in winter, wasn't it 'hop on a train in Cherbourg, 2 hours to Granville the centre of Normandy and then a tgv to anywhere?'

edit : I remember because I passed on the advice to someone else without checking. Looking now, Granville appears not to be not quite in the Athlone position .
                                I'm going to somewhere that is a train blackspot. Between Nantes and La Rochelle seems to be shunned by all sensible traintracks, so takes ages to get there. Its three hours TGV train Cherbourg ferry to Paris, and then on to anywhere. I just hadn't accounted for the slightly late arrival time of 11:30am for the ferry. Then needing to hang on for a few hours more for a covid antigen test as the pharmacy* shuts 12-2pm for lunch, of course it does. And then the three hour train to Nantes which is the bulk of the journey, taking six hours, due to stops. So many variables - its exhilarating.

* Was quite impressed to ring the pharmacy and hear, what seemed like, near perfect French coming out my mouth. Maybe its just there in my head as a permanent language skill. Hopefully.
                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 19-07-21, 16:27.

Comment

I'm going to somewhere that is a train blackspot. Between Nantes and La Rochelle seems to be shunned by all sensible traintracks, so takes ages to get there. Its three hours TGV train Cherbourg ferry to Paris, and then on to anywhere. I just hadn't accounted for the slightly late arrival time of 11:30am for the ferry. Then needing to hang on for a few hours more for a covid antigen test as the pharmacy* shuts 12-2pm for lunch, of course it does. And then the three hour train to Nantes which is the bulk of the journey, taking six hours, due to stops. So many variables - its exhilarating.

* Was quite impressed to ring the pharmacy and hear, what seemed like, near perfect French coming out my mouth. Maybe its just there in my head as a permanent language skill. Hopefully.
                                  Sound like shit holiday planning, why on earth would you put yourself though something like that?
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

use the experience learning how to sign up to things, to sign up to binance? mirrions await.
                                    Ufff but I went to all that effort!!

Y'all got any of them referral codes?
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I'd like the logic to be true, but I'm not sure it would stand up to much analysis. The Belgians have horrible health outcomes and are hundrum middle of the road politics. Colombia and Argentina have approx the same outcomes as Brazil, but just didn't get the negative PR. Left-wing Mexico and Trump US have approx the same outcomes. To be clear, I'd like it to be true, just not sure it is.
                                      We should probably compare like with like I suppose. i.e. peer group countries

So the US, we should compare with where (other highly developed countries) - Germany, Canada etc?

USA: 1847 deaths per million
                                      Canada: 703
                                      Germany:1099
                                      Ireland: 1015
                                      etc - seems like the US is a fairly clear outlier?

It might fall down when we get to Brazil and then it becomes clear that all the South American countries are suffering badly:
                                      Brazil: 2569
                                      Argentina: 2259
                                      Peru: 5999
                                      Chile: 1821
                                      etc

so yeah, 'unproven'

It's clearly complex - the virus hits certain populations harder than others. There's a cultural aspect as well in terms of adherence to lockdowns and the ability of governments to actually enforce restrictions.

Comment

Closed_Account

I felt guilty yesterday after warning Mellor that the article was a load of bollocks irrespective of mood, time, or mental state. Don't get me wrong, I think the article was a load of bollocks, but I felt guilty because it insulted you. But for what it's worth here is an insight into my mind about it, whether it gives any insight into reactions you might be getting generally I'm not sure. Most of us here are well disposed to you, including me. You asked for people to engage with the article seriously and earnestly, and I did so with openness.

Then I found such egregious nonsense in it that I felt annoyed. And it was you that I felt annoyed with. Later on you admitted yourself that you found aspects of the article to be nonsense. I wouldn't in good conscience ask other people to engage seriously and openly with an article that I considered contained utter nonsense in it whether in whole or in part. So I felt duped. I don't want to spend my time reading someone who is writing utter nonsense even if some of the numerous things they throw out may be worth considering.

If I went to a GP and he started wondering if some of my symptoms might be caused by chemtrails then I really don't care if some of what else he may say might be helpful. I'm going to another doctor because I can't trust a GP who would make such a ridiculous claim. They would no longer be someone I am interested in listening to.

The word that came to my mind after I finished reading that article was "Scamdemic".

I think it's some version of; A new virus emerges, positions a train on the top of a hill, begins to roll down. ( Gazziiolion dollar vaccine race, econmic shifts re reactivity both individual and mass, concern global healthcare will crumble etc etc) our understanding and ability and treatments improve and emerge, but train is already moving and we are in the middle of a vaccine drive and the show goes on. No secret handshakes. No dark plots in dark evil corners, just a human consciousness, almost a singular one that has been entangled with consumerism, econmic servitude and lot touch with itself.
                                        I am glad there are vaccines. They have good efficacy and I am reassured that my elderly parents are safer and that people in general are safer having been vaccinated. We wanted the vaccines to be developed, we demanded it. And they are being rolled out, which is what the vast majority of people have wanted. To construct a narrative that it is about Big Pharm greed and economic consumerism is to ignore this. Also AZ and Jannsen are being sold on a non-profit basis during the pandemic.

Over all your posts on the issue I have found it quite hard to pin down what exactly your specific arguments are. I'll ask a few straightforward questions, you can answer them if you wish.

1) Imagine all the vaccinations were being sold on a completely non-profit basis, do you think that the vaccination programme is a good thing? If not, why not? (this would establish your views around vaccination absent economic factors)

2) If you do believe that it is a good thing then does the fact that some Pharma companies will make profits from it render it a bad thing for humanity? Why would this be so?

3) You seemed to imply several times that the decisions that politicians are making related to Covid are linked to money (please correct me if I'm wrong about that). Do you believe that the politicians all around the world making these decisions are being personally bribed by Pharma companies to make these decisions and happy to negatively affect their countries economies and chances of re-election with lockdowns?

4) The question of the relative aggregate harm of lockdowns vs Covid infections is, of course, a relevant one. It is one which I doubt any person has not thought about. The decisions ultimately made have been in favour of lockdowns. Do you believe that lockdowns have created greater harm than non-lockdowns would have caused? If so, what data or information are you basing that on?

5) You said you believe the Covid figures of Tanzania about as much as you believe any countries', thus implying you don't believe the Covid figures. Do you believe Ireland's Covid figures of infections and deaths? If not, who do you think are lying and why?

6) Do you believe that governments such as ours are trying to control people and are happy to use Covid as an excuse to do so? If so, why do you think they want to do so?

I have a Buddhist friend who is a lovely man and I am very fond of him. He is also someone who genuinely is into conspiracy stuff, I remember seeing chemtrail books in his house when I stayed there. Earlier on in the pandemic he was into Bill Gates and 5g stuff and what have you. I was in a Buddhist online group with him for a few months when the lockdown started. He talked of his pain in not being able to talk to others about his opinions on this kind of stuff.

He was aware that it seemed to make other people angry when he did. So he suppressed himself from doing it (as I say he's a lovely man) and then felt a pain and disconnection from doing that. I really felt for him and imagined what it must be like for him. But I too felt angry with him (a bit before that, before lockdown) when he shared his opinion that Bill Gates was involved and it was about controlling people.

Here is why I was annoyed - it was ungenerous. He is having the worst kind of thoughts and opinions about a man, accusing him of terrible malice, without objectively good evidence. And then he is expressing that to others, slandering him. It is a violation of multiple Buddhist ethical precepts that we live by. And he is also doing that on a much larger scale with conspiracies, accusing large groups of people with terrible malice. It is the equivalent to me of him going around saying that all manner of people we share in common are actually paedophiles or spousal abusers etc. It's toxic, and (considering the conspiracy theories he subscribes to) almost invariably untrue.

That pervasive lack of trust or active mistrust is a mental poison that should be worked on, not shared. You say that if people meditated and were aware of their minds then they would think differently, be kinder, and love better. But that you are instead astounded by many parts of humanity. If you deeply mistrust, are negatively astounded by, or contemptuous of many parts of humanity then this is your working ground, not theirs.

If you look with the eyes of mistrust you will see all the things to be mistrustful of, but that doesn't mean you are seeing the truth of the world. You are seeing the inclination of your own mind. If you look with the eyes of trust then you will see all the many things in the world that we can place our trust in.

It's not enough just to look at one's own mind. On its own we only get our subjectivity, and our minds could be afflicted or unafflicted. We need good people around us who have done the same so we have the corrective of the wisdom and compassion of others. Or even just their simple view of how things are. If everyone seems to disagree with us or get annoyed with the way we are viewing things it is overwhelmingly likely that something isn't okay with how we are viewing things.

Comment

Going to back SA to win the series 3-0 at 11/2.

Just feel this is a very average Lions group and they will get totally overpowered by the World champs, in a series that shouldn't be getting played.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Sound like shit holiday planning, why on earth would you put yourself though something like that?
                                            E6rNPIJVIEcE6VK?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

couldn't you rent a car, assuming you will be licenced?

Comment

Going to back SA to win the series 3-0 at 11/2.

Just feel this is a very average Lions group and they will get totally overpowered by the World champs, in a series that shouldn't be getting played.
                                                Besides a pandemic why should it not be played ? Life has to go on. Think lions have big issues in the centre and out half if Farrell does not play well.

Comment

hotspur ur

I think if you re-read my posts, actually taking the time to sit with an open heart, it will be quite clear where I stand on the majority of the questions you have posed.

I don't particularly want to be rude, and am trying not to be. Your post suggests to me 1. You almost certainly spent less than 60 seconds reading the initial document. And 2. You applied the same diligence to my posts. ( I have stressed quite a few times I think vaccines to be a wonder of modern science)

Conversations like this generally play out awfully on a digital terrain and as such, again I really wont be engaging with anything more.

The writer FWIW is a high stakes poker guy, who has started a movement and organisation aiming to alleviate poverty and homelessness. Thrive, I think it's called.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Besides a pandemic why should it not be played ? Life has to go on. Think lions have big issues in the centre and out half if Farrell does not play well.
                                                    Huge civil unrest in South Africa at the moment outside of COVID.

Its people locking themselves in their house with loaded guns level of looting and rioting.

Comment

Hotspur, what a fucking post!
                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Huge civil unrest in South Africa at the moment outside of COVID.

Its people locking themselves in their house with loaded guns level of looting and rioting.
                                                        Think that’s been the way since the glorious end of apartheid.
                                                        Last edited by Guest; 19-07-21, 18:52.

Comment

Think that’s been the way since the glorious eve of apartheid.
                                                          Much worse than usual at the moment

Comment

Signed up to Degiro.
                                                            Invest in low-cost ETFs (they do several good ones with zero fees), wait a few years and leave Ireland before selling to avoid CGT. You need to be gone from Ireland for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                              I don't think so. I feel there are at least three things, that I could call out as utter horseshit. Not necessarily to do with Covid or the actual topic but in logic and how it's written. I don't think it's remotely non reactive and I staggered that a guy like Hotspur wrote it.

I don't feel remotely intellectually out muscled, just trying my best not to repond ( and failing!) as I can't imagine much good coming from it.

Comment

Well in terms of adding value to my time on IPB, making me think about things somewhat differently. I think it's a phenomenal post.

I am utterly confident that no matter how many times I sat down to write a reply to your posts recently, I'd come nowhere close to that.
                                                                I could come somewhat close to what Mellor wrote but I'd be nowhere near what Hotspur wrote.

And thats the value of IPB to me.
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

hotspur Your post suggests to me 1. You almost certainly spent less than 60 seconds reading the initial document.
                                                                  Here's the thing about that. You have zero information about how long I spent reading that article. Zero. You responded to people who didn't care for the article by declaring that they can't have spent any time reading it. Which is to say that they are not permitted to have read it and thought it was rubbish. This isn't allowed for in your thinking. The only rational argument you have for people thinking it was bad is that they can't have bothered to really read it.

If I stuck up an article I thought was good and correct and you thought it was really bad I would think "Oh Sam doesn't think it's good", not "He can't have read it because it is objectively a good and correct article".

But I was willing to engage in what you think, not what someone else does.

I am well aware of your general point that vaccines are a wonder of science, but I didn't ask you if you thought vaccines in general are a good thing. Again you are making an accusation that I haven't spent time reading your posts. I may have missed something or picked something up wrong but it isn't quite clear to me where you stand on the majority of the questions I asked. Quite honestly I suspect you are some flavour of "scamdemic" believer. That's what I pick up from your posts. I might be wrong.

Comment

I don't think so. I feel there are at least three things, that I could call out as utter horseshit. Not necessarily to do with Covid or the actual topic but in logic and how it's written. I don't think it's remotely non reactive and I staggered that a guy like Hotspur wrote it.

I don't feel remotely intellectually out muscled, just trying my best not to repond ( and failing!) as I can't imagine much good coming from it.
                                                                    Maybe 1 thought that may or may not resonate with you. These lads must respect you a lot to take the time and effort to give such in depth responses. It's not a competition. ( imo)

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                      To think we just got that for free.
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Why would you even think about feeling intellectually out muscled? There is nothing at all like that in there, and that isn't remotely what I was doing. I wanted to engage with what you think explicitly. Although as is clear from the last part I believe it is emanating from an unhealthy place. It's tough to articulate both at the same time, and perhaps I shouldn't have. Which is to say be willing to talk seriously and explicitly about what you actually believe, while at the same time expressing concern at where it might be coming from (about which I could be entirely wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Here's the thing about that. You have zero information about how long I spent reading that article. Zero. You responded to people who didn't care for the article by declaring that they can't have spent any time reading it. Which is to say that they are not permitted to have read it and thought it was rubbish. This isn't allowed for in your thinking. The only rational argument you have for people thinking it was bad is that they can't have bothered to really read it.

If I stuck up an article I thought was good and correct and you thought it was really bad I would think "Oh Sam doesn't think it's good", not "He can't have read it because it is objectively a good and correct article".

But I was willing to engage in what you think, not what someone else does.

I am well aware of your general point that vaccines are a wonder of science, but I didn't ask you if you thought vaccines in general are a good thing. Again you are making an accusation that I haven't spent time reading your posts. I may have missed something or picked something up wrong but it isn't quite clear to me where you stand on the majority of the questions I asked. Quite honestly I suspect you are some flavour of "scamdemic" believer. That's what I pick up from your posts. I might be wrong.

How long did you spend reading the initial document?

Comment

I was thinking about Zuma last week and remembered the time he had sex with a woman he knew had HIV but said he had a shower afterwards in order to cut the chances of being infected. He was head of the National AIDS Council at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

To think we just got that for free.
                                                                              Posted this before seeing Sam's replies to it. Feels appropriate to clarify that the benefit and learning I feel I've gotten from it is certainly not at his expense.

Comment

How long did you spend reading the initial document?
                                                                                Honestly I can't remember. I read it as seriously as I would have read an academic paper. It was a fair bit into it before I had thoughts that I shouldn't have bothered. But I did bother. How long do you regard as sufficient?

Comment

No need to answer, I don't want to engage with you. I don't think it will benefit either of us. I'd ask you to, now, that I have explicitly said as such to respect that.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
                                                                                  Last edited by Closed_Account; 19-07-21, 19:37.

Comment

I was thinking about Zuma last week and remembered the time he had sex with a woman he knew had HIV but said he had a shower afterwards in order to cut the chances of being infected. He was head of the National AIDS Council at the time.
                                                                                    That’s some punt go Zuma. Anyone that frequented the crackpot jackpot back in the day Gerrys across the road is closing after 39 years of business.

Comment

Besides that, no reason (i.e. that is the reason). S.A. is getting hammered far worse than we ever did by covid.

Also surely Lions, like the Olympics imo, should be played in front of crowds. Postpone a year, enjoy it in 2022. It'll be a hollow shell and is purely being played for financial reasons.

Comment

I remember being told in all seriousness, about 2003 or so, by a Jo'Burg taxi driver that if you wash your nether regions with Coke before sex that you cannot catch HIV.

This before he offered to procure me some no doubt delightful female company for the evening.

Comment

Besides that, no reason (i.e. that is the reason). S.A. is getting hammered far worse than we ever did by covid.

Also surely Lions, like the Olympics imo, should be played in front of crowds. Postpone a year, enjoy it in 2022. It'll be a hollow shell and is purely being played for financial reasons.
                                                                                          Well that’s the thing I actually have not read anything used listen to a few rugby podcasts but the bag men want it to go ahead. I’m sure it’s a bit shit for the players as well normally they would be having great craic poss ups riding pretty women adding to the cv and testing yourself.

Comment

We must get stats from Coke and Pepsi countries (is that a thing? recall a documentary on cola wars) and compare HIV rates.

Comment

In the same bracket as the Ryder Cup.

Which this year, has all the added flavour of Reed, Bryson, Brooks spicyness.

Comment

couldn't you rent a car, assuming you will be licenced?
                                                                                                Have to have a licence for three years to rent a car.

I quite like messy travel tbh. Kids don't know a better life exists. And wife has long since given up.

Comment

Somebody was bashing Lex Fridman here the other day, they are way out of line. He is an excellent interviewer, it's incredible the amount of research he does on a variety of subjects. The fact he admires Joe Rogan is not surprising, Joe is the most successful podcaster around who has paved the way for people to follow him.

Comment

Have to have a licence for three years to rent a car.

I quite like messy travel tbh. Kids don't know a better life exists. And wife has long since given up.
                                                                                                    I like it too. Just not with kids (or at least my kids).

Comment

Anyone played Zed Run - the /NFT horse racing/ownership game?

Need Hitch to get sucked in so we can live this digital dream vicariously!

Comment

I like it too. Just not with kids (or at least my kids).
                                                                                                        Yep, I love the idea of spending half a day on trains getting somewhere. Just imagined doing it with my kids though, ugh.

Comment

Yep, I love the idea of spending half a day on trains getting somewhere. Just imagined doing it with my kids though, ugh.
                                                                                                          Best holiday I had in recent years was by train and ferries from Dusseldorf to Oslo via Copenhagen quality way to travel.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone played Zed Run - the /NFT horse racing/ownership game?

Need Hitch to get sucked in so we can live this digital dream vicariously!

I know it well! The issue is that it's almost entirely about paying to win, which takes a lot of the fun out of things. Axie Infinity is the NFT game that people seem to be betting the house on (including Mark Cuban last week). Seems to be reaching some sort of critical growth. Then Guild of Guardians launching next year seems like something everyone is waiting for.

Comment

New War On Drugs album due in October. Brilliant news.

With a bit of luck there's a 2022 tour this side of the pond.

Comment

Reminded me to wonder where PSV has gotten to.

Comment

Reminded me to wonder where PSV has gotten to.
                                                                                                                  I was banking on my ryder cup post bringing him out. He loves the Ryder cup.

Comment

New War On Drugs album due in October. Brilliant news.

With a bit of luck there's a 2022 tour this side of the pond.
                                                                                                                    14th of April at the 3 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Invest in low-cost ETFs (they do several good ones with zero fees), wait a few years and leave Ireland before selling to avoid CGT. You need to be gone from Ireland for quite a while.
                                                                                                                      What's wrong with paying tax.
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What's wrong with paying tax.
                                                                                                                        You end up with less money

Comment

Lockdown policies =/= left-right spectrum

I've no idea why Mexicos lockdown was like. But I am doubtful of the claim that it was polar opposite to the US because they are left wing. Based on a whim, I'd guess that the Mexican response was very close to the US response. I entirely expect that they should have similar outcomes. I'm kind of at a loss as to why you think the left-right spectrum is a factor.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X