X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      3 >25 black lads missing penos though for a big championship.

will be a tough couple years for em. You’d feel for em.
      Fuck them they will still have there 10s of millions of pounds the pick of women coach making lads barely warmed up is the issue aftertiming obv.

Comment

Breaking News . Indoor drinking in Ireland has been reopened at Sunday 11th July at 11pm

Comment

Aw well.

World cup only a year anyway now... baring a zombie apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Fuck them they will still have there 10s of millions of pounds the pick of women coach making lads barely warmed up is the issue aftertiming obv.
            Ah listen no love lost for the English.

but you’d feel for young lads that have to go through the abuse they’ll go through. Money can’t buy you peace of mind.
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              3 >25 black lads missing penos though for a big championship.

will be a tough couple years for em. You’d feel for em.
              Black penos matter

if u score them

Comment

Regular football posters on the other place must be chewing on their phones.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Out for a walk to deliver my branded gear to Solks and could guess what happened from the non stop ooohh and ahhh from all the houses, then this:
                  Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Looked up the result and told my gf that they won on penalties.
                  "What is that?"
                  Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                    The brother (lift thumbing acceptor) is on holiday with the family at the moment staying above a bar in Lifford. Currently In a bar in Strabane, watching the match. Sent me this.

Dodgy town, luckily when England scored there was silence, we are safe.

Barman came over and asked will it be coming home?, I said I hope not! I passed the test. Went to the bar and didn't charge me for the beer! Got the kids crisps too.
                    More comms...

Feck sake, the guy offering crisps to the boy's was trying to sus us out. Passing me going to toilets he kept saying will you bring it home?. Anyway he came over again and said something similar and I said feck off. Who do you support said I. He thought we were English. He relaxed and the small pub had a good laugh. Thought I was English, do I sound English? I asked, aye he said. Noticed when I was chatting to him in the jacks he only had one eye.

He said lucky you came to this pub, nicest pub in town. I said it looked it that's why we came in. True the others looked like dives
                    All regulars relaxed once they didn't have an English man in their midst.

Couldn't understand why anyone would come to Strabane!! Other guy explained about indoor eat etc.

Loads of people came up to me since saying they all thought we were english. It is a republican town.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I see I finished the UEFA match prediction league ranked 1525 out of 1.9 million. I'm quite pleased with that;

Comment

There ya go AJ

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The guy on the left looks eerily like Trump's youngest.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Am I an over cautious dinosaur or is anyone else shocked at the
                              almost total absence of masks at Wembley?

Football hooligans, ahem, fans
                              aren't exactly the cream of society
                              but the blazer types presenting medals
                              strode over to the plinth with
                              carefree mask less abandon.

¶ Delta's coming home. ¶

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

¶ Delta's coming home. ¶

Isn't that masklessness government-ordered?

I don't think it's a class thing in any way either.

Comment

99% of twitter right now seems to be: well feeding kids is more important that scoring penalties.

It seems like the world has finally caught up with strew in terms of football ignorance.
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Started the second Spenser book. That guy has such a brilliant way with words.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Started the second Spenser book. That guy has such a brilliant way with words.
                                      class alright, once his sidekick (Hawk) gets introduced to the story then the dialogue between them is great

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1697316&d=1626079664&type=thumb CULTURE SO IT IS .

Cant find the TWEET. Here is a photo
                                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Marginally less miserable today, but yesterday the day after second vaccine, was fairly awful. What have we put into our bodies?

Comment

got jab one yesterday.
                                            Feel like I got a deadener and arm a little swollen but otherwise fine
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Marginally less miserable today, but yesterday the day after second vaccine, was fairly awful. What have we put into our bodies?
                                              It kicked in for me to coincide with Italy's second half comeback, aches and shakes. Couple of paracetamol did wonders. The overnight wasn't the greatest. Feverishly obsessed with some nonexistent Italian full back and a small bump on him.

Comment

felt grand again about 24 hours after

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

¶ Delta's coming home. ¶

If it’s not delta it’s omega lambada etc take your pick. I have seen people this weekend on country walks wearing masks in the middle of nowhere it’s sad the level of caution - paranoia that has been incessantly drilled into people via the government and media. No matter what disaster has happened life goes on.
                                                  What happens a few 100 miles away should really be none of your concern millions starving and disease ridden in Africa Yemen do you be nervous about them ? We have to move on I feel even with the vast majority here vaccinated restrictions etc will be in place many are going to be nervous paranoid un social sounds like the majority of poker players actually for the rest of there lives.

Comment

If it’s not delta it’s omega lambada etc take your pick. I have seen people this weekend on country walks wearing masks in the middle of nowhere it’s sad the level of caution - paranoia that has been incessantly drilled into people via the government and media. No matter what disaster has happened life goes on.
                                                    What happens a few 100 miles away should really be none of your concern millions starving and disease ridden in Africa Yemen do you be nervous about them ? We have to move on I feel even with the vast majority here vaccinated restrictions etc will be in place many are going to be nervous paranoid un social sounds like the majority of poker players actually for the rest of there lives.
                                                    did you get vaccinated?

Comment

Not anti mask or anti vax obvs but had to laugh when we were at the Kerry game in Thurles on Sunday. We had terrace tickets, so wide open space with spaces clearly marked out on the ground, about 20 feet away from the nearest person and stewards shouting, actually shouting, at people to put a mask on. Pure overkill.

I'd have no problem wearing it entering the ground while around people but think we should be able to take them off while in our spot, especially since its outdoors and risk is zero.

Comment

I had mild symptoms after jab one on Friday. Weak and light-headed. Woke up fine for Saturday, it was sunny and dry which triggered hay fever while I was out playing golf. Was wrecked Sat evening and woke up with a head cold type dose on Sunday. I Rang the GP line for advice and got called in late in the evening. I was prescribed a bunch of vitamins and L-lysine, and what I think is an anti-biotic (lol handwriting) - standard Covid treatment stack I believe. Also, I have to go for another Covid test shortly (PCR). I'm a pro in testing these days. Been getting weekly antigen tests at work for months now.

I'd imagine it's simply a head cold with coincidental timing. There's a small possibility of it being a vaccine side effect. Feeling better than yesterday but still congested etc. Pain in the hole but be grand in no time.

Comment

I thought the site was down for the last few weeks.

Turns out yis had just hid behind a /forum

Comment

Coming tonight - The IPB Open Sweep 2021 - Mashie-niblicks at the ready boys.

"J.H. Taylor won his last British Open in 1913 -- 19 years after winning his first in 1894."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              Has anyone ever got a fitted mouth guard from the dentist for use for sleeping? I have been meaning to investigate it for ages as I grind my teeth at night.
                                                              I just got a cheapo one off t'internet that you do a boil/fit yourself. Has done the job.

I actually asked my dentist about it (exactly same issue as you) and they said that it wasn't worth the money they'd have to charge if I was able to sleep with the €15 one in.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Sadly for you, as of next week all Helix vaccinations are finished and being replaced by a new place in swords.
                                                                Just got the txt. Fairyhouse for me. Giddy up

Comment

Anyone received their Digital Covid Cert email yet?

Comment

Also, @Hitch - hope you don't think sale agreed / sold deadline means much about being in that house.

Am still at the folks! 10 months since we went Sale Agreed now... House still not quite across the line. "Any week now" has been used so often it's become a running joke.

Comment

did you get vaccinated?
                                                                      Half done helix at 8.30 last week. Got into town quick coffee stroll around town in for work 10.30 saw the emergency services trying to resuscitate some poor soul in a foot of water in the Liffey. Didn’t feel sorry for myself after that. Bit tired sweaty all day dead arm feel later on in week. Genuinely conflicted to get second dose. This shit of a green vm

Comment

Half done helix at 8.30 last week. Got into town quick coffee stroll around town in for work 10.30 saw the emergency services trying to resuscitate some poor soul in a foot of water in the Liffey. Didn’t feel sorry for myself after that. Bit tired sweaty all day dead arm feel later on in week. Genuinely conflicted to get second dose. This shit of a green vm
                                                                        Surely, if you're going to be conflicted, it would be about the first dose not the second?

You're picking up 5G signals now, might as well get the Bill Gates and George Soros mind control agents fully embedded.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

I just got a cheapo one off t'internet that you do a boil/fit yourself. Has done the job.

I actually asked my dentist about it (exactly same issue as you) and they said that it wasn't worth the money they'd have to charge if I was able to sleep with the €15 one in.
                                                                          My understanding (although maybe the boil / fit one is different) is that non-custom fitted ones are a very bad idea as they could alter your teeth structure.

From reading about the custom dentist got ones the soft ones seem to be about €150 and the hard ones about €300. There is conflicting evidence as to which is better, but appears that many find the soft ones easier to sleep with. Anyway that seems like worth the price if it does the job. Is your dentist any good? Like anything else there are shit dentists out there. Hard to know though isn't it.

I was Googling for best dentists the other day and came across the annual awards of whatever the dentistry association is. There were lots of awards but I had a giggle at the backhanded compliment award of "Most Improved Practice".

Also, Sickpuppy get the second jab imo. You won't regret getting it, but may very much regret getting Covid (and possibly long covid).

Comment

Text there for jab on Thursday morning in Punchestown myself.

On masks: Got screamed at by some Karen for not wearing a mask, while walking down the street of a fairly rural town (Blessington) in Wicklow.
                                                                            Don't think people understand when and where masks are required any more.
                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Anyone received their Digital Covid Cert email yet?
                                                                              Not yet. I have got a motor tax reminder and a penis enlargement offer.

Was driving by the scumbag (I know some wans daddy etc) lcrash site , lots of flowers , a shrine to all that's wrong in the world . I was going to leave a balaclava there but thought better of it . ( for now)
                                                                              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-07-21, 14:17. Reason: Removing strange text

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1697341&d=1626098382&type=thumb RIP Sickpuppy , I hardly knew ya .
                                                                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                  Winners in 66 but losers in 67 - how do I trademark a headline before the sun take it
                                                                                  67?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

67?
                                                                                    While we're at it, I didn't get what was in Tar's video he put up.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

67?
                                                                                      Minute of the equaliser?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Minute of the equaliser?
                                                                                        Sure was

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          Also, @Hitch - hope you don't think sale agreed / sold deadline means much about being in that house.

Am still at the folks! 10 months since we went Sale Agreed now... House still not quite across the line. "Any week now" has been used so often it's become a running joke.
                                                                                          We're trying to pick houses with no chain, to avoid the sale agreed waiting trap. Who knows though! Ah, I thought your delay was that you were waiting on a new build house. gl gl.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                            Text there for jab on Thursday morning in Punchestown myself.

On masks: Got screamed at by some Karen for not wearing a mask, while walking down the street of a fairly rural town (Blessington) in Wicklow.
                                                                                            Don't think people understand when and where masks are required any more.
                                                                                            wtf? That's just odd behaviour.

Remember someone who is 'famous' for having cystic fibrosis, posting on twitter at how she 'had to' scream at some supermarket delivery guy who left stuff outside her house and wasn't wearing a mask. It was a no contact delivery, but she still seemed to have an issue with it. 10k likes later, the supermarket issues an abject apology to the crank and the guy was probably reprimanded.

Comment

We're trying to pick houses with no chain, to avoid the sale agreed waiting trap. Who knows though! Ah, I thought your delay was that you were waiting on a new build house. gl gl.
                                                                                              I am, but waiting so long it won't be a new build!

Comment

wtf? That's just odd behaviour.

Remember someone who is 'famous' for having cystic fibrosis, posting on twitter at how she 'had to' scream at some supermarket delivery guy who left stuff outside her house and wasn't wearing a mask. It was a no contact delivery, but she still seemed to have an issue with it. 10k likes later, the supermarket issues an abject apology to the crank and the guy was probably reprimanded.
                                                                                                In fairness to CF people, if they get covid they are extremely likely to die. So not a trivial concern...

edit to say they are well all vaccinated by now though

Comment

In fairness to CF people, if they get covid they are extremely likely to die. So not a trivial concern...

edit to say they are well all vaccinated by now though
                                                                                                  Snip

Edit: hmm, seems I'm misremembering it. As just looked up the tweet and it was different in context. The driver brought the stuff to her door, but remained outside. But there was some sort of 'nearness' so maybe a valid fear of sorts (except that I don't think you can catch covid from just being besides someone for less than a minute)
                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 12-07-21, 16:14.

Comment

Oh absolutely. But this was a no-contact drop off (it was about last June when those types of things were popular). Like there was no contact. Stuff was dropped at the gate. But it was that it was apparently carried to the gate (where, to clarify, the CF person was not) without a mask.
                                                                                                    Doesn't really make her a 'crank' though (although it does once again underline why Twitter should be blown up), just someone paranoid, alone and scared out their mind.

Comment

Doesn't really make her a 'crank' though (although it does once again underline why Twitter should be blown up), just someone paranoid, alone and scared out their mind.
                                                                                                      Absolutely. You're right.

I think I mentally associate her in general with the pile-on group, so might have wrongly assumed this was her doing the usual.

Comment

Getting pfizered on Saturday morning.
                                                                                                        I had assumed getting 4 hours off work was part of the deal, I'm devastated.
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                          Getting pfizered on Saturday morning.
                                                                                                          I had assumed getting 4 hours off work was part of the deal, I'm devastated.
                                                                                                          Yeah, that's probably the worst time you could get, overshadows your Friday night and good chance you won't be up to much on Saturday evening either.
                                                                                                          I think Thursday 2.30ish might be close to the best slot, nice half day and should be able to ride the side-effects train through Friday 9-5 as well.

Comment

2nd Jab Sunday Evening in Swords.
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Be like Shane and win The Open .....sweep.

Enter The IPB Open Sweep 2021 now: https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...pen-sweep-2021

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                2nd Jab Sunday Evening in Swords.
                                                                                                                Nags or Dogs?

Comment

Got text with date of 2nd jab in swords which is about 30min cycle. Would one be grand to cycle after or would getting a taxi be safer?
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I decided, seeing as it is the British Open, that I should tweak my system somewhat. So I have gone for a British player with a stupid name - Tyrell Hatton.

Slightly second-guessing my bet now as I'm not sure that Tyrell is a sufficiently stupid name. Still pretty confident. 33/1, thank me Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                      Got text with date of 2nd jab in swords which is about 30min cycle. Would one be grand to cycle after or would getting a taxi be safer?
                                                                                                                      Cycle fine. I did it but I am 83.6% tougher than average.

Comment

Definitely about to pass out the US on vaccines soon.

They have 59% of their adult population double-jabbed (per the NYT today) and we have 56% now (per RTE).

Their vaccine-hesitant states are going to take a hammering from Delta.

Comment

Our most recent master-stroke was making getting into pubs conditional on having the jab. That's an extra 30-40% jabbage right there.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X