This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Raoul Duke III did you venture into Swans after Tayto Park?
    Nah, after 7 hours I was well ready to head for civilisation.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Nah, after 7 hours I was well ready to head for civilisation.
      Not an ideal spot for a family after a day in tayto park when they don't do food anyway I'd say.

Was tayto park busy/comfortable/general atmosphere good? Thinking about going some time but dont want it to be wedged which stopped me going before.

Comment

No rolling around in the throes of agony from the Danes.
        One dive with some contact in the box and that was it.

Comment

Not an ideal spot for a family after a day in tayto park when they don't do food anyway I'd say.

Was tayto park busy/comfortable/general atmosphere good? Thinking about going some time but dont want it to be wedged which stopped me going before.
          Big fan of tayto Park. Never feels too rammed, at least any time I've been there.
          They also honoured our earlier pass for every day they were closed so pass bought March last year is good to Dec this year
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Busy, long queues for all the popular rides in the adventure part. The climbing and zip lines are closed. Once you went into the other parts of the park it was very pleasant. No queues for food etc. Lots of Nordies down for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

Two weeks ago marked the end of secondary school here in Spain with the traditional end of year trip to mallorca for the seniors.

1000 direct positives, more than 5000 close contacts in isolation

49 positives out of 86 students returning on one plane in one community

every community has seen positives rise since students started returning home

in our community we’ve gone from <100 cases a day to >600 and similar things are happening everywhere. Almost 10k cases in Spain yesterday after numbers had dropped way off

cases in the <25 age group have now risen to 293/100k while the overall incidence rate is now at 117/100k

portugal had over 2k cases yesterday which is a direct follow-on of the euro 2020 games in lisbon.

they removed the requirement to wear masks outdoors at the weekend, I can see it being reinstated pretty quickly.
              As sure as night follows day

1400 cases on Thurs
              1700 cases yesterday

so from <100 cases a fortnight ago to opening of full access to restaurants and bars + tourists being encouraged to come here as well as removal of the mandatory mask outdoors requirement and in 14 days our incident rate has increased by a multiple of 15 or so..

deaths haven’t increased but we are seeing hospitals warn of saturation again. Personally, I’m all for things opening up and us starting to move through this but I think there are going to be recurrent waves like this for some time to come.
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Mon the lads
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Hope Solks didn't cash out that bet

Comment

Ukraine building up to their biggest beating since Crimea.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Got €150 at 10/1 on Lynn Boylan today.

Everyone seems to have gone mad over a 500 person poll, which is probably both massively inaccurate at those numbers, and also likely to strongly undercount SF support based on last election.

It's maybe not going to win, but I'd say it will be a lot closer than the 13% in the last poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Ukraine building up to their biggest beating since Crimea.
                        Maybe this is some kind of revenge for the charge of the Light Brigade.

I don't even think Ingerland have been particularly good.

Comment

Everyone seems to have gone mad over a 500 person poll, which is probably both massively inaccurate at those numbers, and also likely to strongly undercount SF support based on last election.

It's maybe not going to win, but I'd say it will be a lot closer than the 13% in the last poll.
                          Of all the constituencies though...there are hardly enough SF voters in this one?

Comment

10/1 is half the price it should be
                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I don't know. I was working off a hunch, which is beneath more reliable betting categories such as shore thang and dead cert.

Comment

It's coming home
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  It's coming home
                                  England Italy final could be a cracker.

Comment

I don't know how many years it's been, but just there for the first time I paid attention to the fact there's an orange counter bar under people's names here. Googling tells me it's a reputation counter.

Comment

Hope Solks didn't cash out that bet
                                      Tonight result was obvious . I think the Danes will push them. Ukraine were dirt. CASH OUT done post game. Tidy profit for 15 Euro. The hype

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

England Italy final could be a cracker.

danmark siger nej

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          I don't know how many years it's been, but just there for the first time I paid attention to the fact there's an orange counter bar under people's names here. Googling tells me it's a reputation counter.
                                          Errrrr
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

This might be the least likely urban constituency in the country for Sinn Fein to gain a seat.

Aengus O'Snodaigh was raised there and could
                                            barely attract a thousand votes in the days
                                            when Sinn Fein was essentially the
                                            propaganda unit of a paramilitary organisation.

Their titular leader Mary Loo was raised in the heart of Rathgar so they have ample local connections.

Broad electoral support is mostly restricted to
                                            South Inner city area out as far as irishtown.

Fine Gael will take this down,
                                            the only plausible opposition are
                                            FF who aren't even trying with a weak candidate
                                            or Labour who perform well on transfers
                                            but lack enough 1st preferences to be close enough.

Comment

Missed this the other day. His response killed the guy stone dead.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Guess I probably shouldn’t wear a Danish jersey up North on Wednesday
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                  This might be the least likely urban constituency in the country for Sinn Fein to gain a seat.

Aengus O'Snodaigh was raised there and could
                                                  barely attract a thousand votes in the days
                                                  when Sinn Fein was essentially the
                                                  propaganda unit of a paramilitary organisation.

Their titular leader Mary Loo was raised in the heart of Rathgar so they have ample local connections.

Broad electoral support is mostly restricted to
                                                  South Inner city area out as far as irishtown.

Fine Gael will take this down,
                                                  the only plausible opposition are
                                                  FF who aren't even trying with a weak candidate
                                                  or Labour who perform well on transfers
                                                  but lack enough 1st preferences to be close enough.

SF took a seat in the last election? Is surely a more relevant data point than what Aengus got up to as a kid. I'm thinking they might be quite good at getting out their support base, and that might count for something given the generally low turnout of these things. Plus then the richer vote being split between the young FG guy who seems to not have much experience, and Ivana as the pseudo-intellectual vote. Neither of whom are very electable.

Comment

I expressed that very poorly.

The point I was trying to make was that they will rarely win in these 1st past the post situations as their appeal is polarised to those who dislike the status quo while the middle ground voter who generally decide these one off races will stick to the traditional choices.

Sinn Fein & the Green Party are still emerging forces and their candidates will have more success
                                                    in multi seat general elections.
                                                    For some reason protesting against the government
                                                    in by-elections by voting for marginal candidates
                                                    isn't a thing in Ireland.

Even assuming to the rich vote gets split

I can't help wondering what other kind of vote
                                                    resides in this constituency.

Now if this election were in Bray ......... :-)

Comment

Sinn Fein won't attract enough 2nd preferences in non working class constituency's to win single seat elections in a proportional representation system.

Comment

Lynn Boylan out to 16/1 with PP now. Bacik favourite.

Comment

Shinners are telling the true believers that Bacik is the only non government candidate that can win.

A bad result for SF could trip up their momentum in the polls a little but a FG win could hurt them more, reducing the majority by one doesn't sound much but with the Greens as flakey as they would be more susceptible to pressure whenever 'events' happen.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I see PaddyPower have gone for the elaborate doublebluff and pushed out Lynn even further.

The workers united will never be defeated. Come July 8th it'll be in like lynn

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                              Lynn Boylan out to 16/1 with PP now. Bacik favourite.
                                                              You would nearly feel that Bacik deserves a spin in the Dail. Very strong campaigner down the years but never been able to get there in elections.

Comment

I see PaddyPower have gone for the elaborate doublebluff and pushed out Lynn even further.

The workers united will never be defeated. Come July 8th it'll be in like lynn
                                                                SF = 'workers'

Comment

You would nearly feel that Bacik deserves a spin in the Dail. Very strong campaigner down the years but never been able to get there in elections.
                                                                  Was she never a TD?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Was she never a TD?
                                                                    No. She has run on multiple occasions.

By Irish standards, she is strongly liberal so maybe her time is coming now as the electorate catches up to her.

Comment

I assume we all celebrated America's birthday by BBQing in the rain?

Need to find something suitably mindless to watch now. Thinking the Rocky movie where he takes on Ivan Drago.

Comment

Was she never a TD?
                                                                        Surprisingly not, she got close a couple of times. She strikes me as someone who might be hard to dislodge if she got her feet under the table especially in a constituency like DBS

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Surprisingly not, she got close a couple of times. She strikes me as someone who might be hard to dislodge if she got her feet under the table especially in a constituency like DBS
                                                                          I think she would fare better these days in the SDs than LAB.

Labour (rather unfairly imo) have just got slammed into irrelevance as their traditional constituency has deserted them. Not a local thing either, social democracy has dissipated all over Europe.

Comment

I think she would fare better these days in the SDs than LAB.

Labour (rather unfairly imo) have just got slammed into irrelevance as their traditional constituency has deserted them. Not a local thing either, social democracy has dissipated all over Europe.
                                                                            Don't see the SD's ever becoming relevant, they had their chance to be inside this government and decided instead to allow the entire raison d'etre of the party become an outlet for two bitter rejected party hacks. LAbour might come back to being relevant if they let someone like Bacik in charge instead of one trick attack pony Kelly.

Comment

Don't see the SD's ever becoming relevant, they had their chance to be inside this government and decided instead to allow the entire raison d'etre of the party become an outlet for two bitter rejected party hacks. LAbour might come back to being relevant if they let someone like Bacik in charge instead of one trick attack pony Kelly.
                                                                              I think the SDs could become very competitive in Dublin (probably already are tbh) as they hoover up the middle-class liberal vote that was previously LAB. Probably constrained by the Greens somewhat.

Can't see them ever being relevant in rural constituencies.

Comment

Hey Dice, I've my second jab tomorrow, curious to see if you have too.

Jabs for the boys
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Jabs for the boys
                                                                                  Friday for me, northside definitely moving a little slower than you slick southsiders but all good.

I see there's a recommendation coming to jab 12-15 y/os too. Might make family holidays easier if you can produce digital certs for that age group as well.

Comment

One more round is showing in the IFI at the moment, I highly recommend it. Mars Mikkelsen's gives a great performance with a plot that will resonate with most people here: "Four high school teachers consume alcohol on a daily basis to see how it affects their social and professional lives."

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      One more round is showing in the IFI at the moment, I highly recommend it. Mars Mikkelsen's gives a great performance with a plot that will resonate with most people here: "Four high school teachers consume alcohol on a daily basis to see how it affects their social and professional lives."
                                                                                      +1, it's a great watch. Worth it for the dance scene at the end alone.

Might put Lazare and SatNav back on the booze though.

Comment

Jabs for the boys
                                                                                        Yep, 10.45.

Comment

Get a J+J in a pharmacy or wait a week and get an mRNA in a vacc centre?
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                            Unless you already have a booking in a pharmacy, I doubt you'll get one for weeks. If you already have it booked I'd go and get it.
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Finally got to the Belfry this weekend and played the magical brabazon. Had only ever seen it on TV, and it was the first ever "famous" course i would play so was really looking forward to it, with an equal measure of apprehension and excitement. Started in the worst possible manner, with a topped tee shot straight into the rough 50 yards away, then took me another 2 shots to get out of that stuff and ended up with a miserable 8 on the 1st. definitely not the way i'd imagined it. Got my shit together and just decided to enjoy the course. Ended up with a net par round of 72 including 2 birdies and 2 pars so was very happy with my day. Weather forecast for the day had been rain rain rain, but incredibly we got sunshine the whole way round except for a massive vicious hail storm towards the end of the round which lasted 10 minutes and was gone just as quickly.

After the golf, we headed back to the bar for a quick drink, as we'd made dinner reservations for 830. Enjoyed a quick pint before heading up to get changed. The bar at that stage was already full and as you can imagine got very loud come saturday night and the football. We weren't too bothered about the football especially seeing how crowded the bar was, and headed to the restaurant where we were the only guys there surrounded by 200 cackling hens, all seemingly from Birmingham or the surroundings. Had a lovely meal, a few bottles of wine, digestif etc. before heading off to the bar for one night cap, but all the bars were even more jammed, so we ordered our drinks and headed back up to the rooms where we turned on the football highlights.

got up early the next day for a good breakfast before heading off to play the derby. Decent course but really nothing special especially after having played the brabazon. Nonetheless was a lovely round of golf, and shot a net 72, which is 2 over par. Again the forecast was for rain the whole morning and it was tipping down whilst we were having breakfast, but once on the course, barely a drop of rain and a decent amount of sunshine. we definitely got very lucky there!

Headed back to the bar for lunch and a few pints. Place was rammed again and service was incredibly slow. No doubt they'd love all those young foreign service industry workers to come back and help out as all the staff we spoke to were young ones from Birmingham. not a single Polish, Spanish, French amongst them.

we had a few hours to kill before our train, so sat outside in the sun enjoying a few more pints, watching people tee off the first, whilst the place slowly emptied out of its weekend crowds.

All in all a lovely weekend. Golf is relatively new to me but that was so much fun and playing a course like the brabazon felt incredibly special, so can't wait to play that one again and plenty of others. However If i were to go back there, or organise another golf weekend, i'd definitely do a sunday/monday trip to avoid the weekend crowds as it was just too busy for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                Enjoyed the film but didn't like
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                the boat suicide element. Something about the dog alone in the boat turned me off completely. Like these people were engaging in something self-indulgent and irresponsible but they were doing it from a place of love, and that made it ok. Right up until that point where one of them did something awful. I dunno it's complicated.
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                  Wait IMO

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To...

Are there any good sites or programs you might recommend that are good for kids to learn python with? Son number 2 want s to learn, and i told him i'd find him a good one to use.

Comment

What HC are you playing off Shrap?

Comment

23.8

Comment

'being French'

Comment

Jabs for the boys
                                                                                                            still haven't had my first appointment.

I registered on the 3rd June.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              Hitchhiker's Guide To...

Are there any good sites or programs you might recommend that are good for kids to learn python with? Son number 2 want s to learn, and i told him i'd find him a good one to use.
                                                                                                              Codeacademy?

Something like this is great depending on HOW you learn...

It's a load of small python projects that introduces many concepts that can be used.
                                                                                                              I quite enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Thinly veiled brag

Fck all these kids getting fully vaccinated before I get my second jab.

Comment

Comment

New IPB FPL is open for entries with an all new league cup mode for us degenerates. Thread is in the usual place, will start proper shilling in a week or two
                                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Unless you already have a booking in a pharmacy, I doubt you'll get one for weeks. If you already have it booked I'd go and get it.
                                                                                                                      Didn't book a pharmacy, but I'm down the country so prob easy enough to get a place of needs be.

Wait IMO
                                                                                                                      Pref would be moderna or Pfizer, it's the thing of possible booster shots being needed for the viral vector vaccines are kinda off-putting.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

You're only a young lad sure.

Thinly veiled brag

Fck all these kids getting fully vaccinated before I get my second jab.
                                                                                                                      The future is now old man.
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Corking day out there for the 4th of July unofficial holiday for employees of US companies

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          Hitchhiker's Guide To...

DP's recommendations look class. I'd mainly know stuff a bit before (CodeSpark) or a bit after (DataCamp), rather than his age-point.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X