This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    Getting errors again when posting, " 500 error Internal Server Error", on firefox, wont let me edit a post either.
    Same, hence badd speling
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The Russians seem to be highly rrsistant to taking vaccines.

Putin, who has basically self-isolated for the entire pandemic, has not been filmed taking a jab either. Seems like a Bolsonaro-style play of some sort.
      I wonder if its general distrust of authority.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Whats the go to no frills phone these days? My moto g is gonna stop charging any day now
        airport, lol

Comment

The OnePlus Nord is a ridic good phone for €329, as a high-end version of a low-ish cost phone. Never had a better phone. Camera is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            The OnePlus Nord is a ridic good phone for €329, as a high-end version of a low-ish cost phone. Never had a better phone. Camera is amazing.
            Incremental improvements in tech mate. Also, OnePlus generally seem to not have the brand tax of the big OEMs but all of the build quality/features. Due to get a replacement for my S9 soon. Can only be another Samsung or iPhone as it's a company phone. Probably whatever the current S2x model I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Incremental improvements in tech mate.
              ha. And I was even going to couch that in terms of deviation from trendline improvement, but thought: nah, no-one will pick up on it.

Comment

They're not real numbers either. The actual numbers would be far higher. Weird, as vaccines are fully available for anyone in St Petersburg.
                Think it's also important to note that they have pretty hot summers there, and a lot of people (not just the usual nutters) still think that covid is as seasonal as the flu.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Whats the go to no frills phone these days? My moto g is gonna stop charging any day now
                  I've a Poco X3 NFC and it's top notch for about 190 yoyos.
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Getting errors again when posting, " 500 error Internal Server Error", on firefox, wont let me edit a post either.
                    should resolve itself if you clear cache.
                    The way vbulletin handles cookies is an awful bitch
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I usually get that
                      Error while saving content: %1$s
                      when I first log in but then grand.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

ha. And I was even going to couch that in terms of trendline improvement, but thought: nah, no-one will pick up on it.
                        There hasn't really been an obvious giant leap or innovation in mobile phone tech recently but the incremental improvements have been great. Phones are literally like software updates or the latest Fifa/Call of Duty game arriving annually. Ubiquitous 5G will be huge but there's been nothing obviously revolutionary for a while.

Whenever they get the cpu tdp/battery density sweet spot developed, I can see the phone being the only computer type device needed. Just dock it over thunderbolt to a screen and you're good to go. There have already been several attempts at this already. Though Apple might not be too happy to be getting rid of their whole Mac line....

Comment

like so...

Comment

There hasn't really been an obvious giant leap or innovation in mobile phone tech recently but the incremental improvements have been great. Phones are literally like software updates or the latest Fifa/Call of Duty game arriving annually. Ubiquitous 5G will be huge but there's been nothing obviously revolutionary for a while.

Whenever they get the cpu tdp/battery density sweet spot developed, I can see the phone being the only computer type device needed. Just dock it over thunderbolt to a screen and you're good to go. There have already been several attempts at this already. Though Apple might not be too happy to be getting rid of their whole Mac line....
                            yeah! remember when it used to be a huge event every iteration of android or apple OS. Remember devouring websites with screenshots and salivating over what the new software would be capable of doing. And then getting it and just using the phone for browsing the internet.

Comment

Samsung S21 has been a downgrade from Huawei P20... Fck Trump and his insane Huawei ban.

I would be tempted to spend money to get P20 camera that I broke fixed and try and squeeze another couple of years out of it.
                              In nearly 3 years I never had to charge the P20 except overnight, the S21 has already run out of juice on me twice , both on long days with lots of use but nevertheless. Also their reactivating a piece of malware that had been deleted 5+ years ago was dumb.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Also their reactivating a piece of malware that had been deleted 5+ years ago was dumb.
                                How did you figure out that it was that app that was causing your problems? It didn't even cross my mind that such a thing was likely.

Comment

Am a close contract for covid again sigh, few more nose violations incoming. Was an app find. Near somebody last wednesday that tested positive then but just told now.

Comment

New version being released in about a month.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                      Highest number of daily covid deaths (110) in St Petersburg ever yesterday, and yet the quarter-final goes ahead with a 50% crowd this Friday https://tass.com/sport/1308015 Of course there are people who still think we should have had the matches go ahead here.
                                      Are the fans being tested before entering the stadium? I'm not sure if this is being done at all or if it varies from venue to venue.

Comment

Seems like madness from government. I can accept a delay in progress to cover the over 60s, where a new date could be provided on projections. But a delay to invent a new process last second to verify vaccinations at a pub door is crazy, will never happen surely
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Are the fans being tested before entering the stadium? I'm not sure if this is being done at all or if it varies from venue to venue.
                                          Haven't heard of any testing of spectators on the day. Varies a bit, but most seem to be requiring proof of a negative pcr test within the previous 72 hours.

Comment

How did you figure out that it was that app that was causing your problems? It didn't even cross my mind that such a thing was likely.
                                            I kind of knew it had to be an app, I'd no extensions and any dodgy clickthrough from a link should have disappeared when I cleared the cache. I found it by working out what apps had been running recently and as soon as I saw the app name on the list it rang a bell. It looks and sounds like a system app with just the default bluetooth icon as its logo. When I installed it originally it was a utility for setting preferences for which devices to connect to where there are a list to choose from.

Comment

Seems like madness from government. I can accept a delay in progress to cover the over 60s, where a new date could be provided on projections. But a delay to invent a new process last second to verify vaccinations at a pub door is crazy, will never happen surely
                                              They already signed up to the travel cert so its "convenient" this can be repurposed as a form of verification.

Cant understand why they just dont ask people who have not had their second jab stay at home, they had no trouble staying at home at the start.

What curve requires flattening now?
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

31st stage win for Cavendish. what a finish and what a legend!!

Comment

It does seem excessively cautious by the government/nphet, don't think they have my support on this (which I'm sure doesn't bother them).
                                                  I think the Euros has opened my eyes a lot - whilst it's easy to dismiss Hungary and Russia there is also clearly a level of normality way beyond ours in Germany, Holland, Italy, Denmark etc.
                                                  We are effectively saying that all these countries are wrong in their approach - if that's the attitude you want to take then you have to come up with a really convincing case.

Comment

We're surely due a grinding 0-0 in the soccer now?

Comment

If anyone can do it, Gareth's men can! Be boring I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

One World Cup and Two World Wars, doo da doo da dey...

Comment

They already signed up to the travel cert so its "convenient" this can be repurposed as a form of verification.

Cant understand why they just dont ask people who have not had their second jab stay at home, they had no trouble staying at home at the start.

What curve requires flattening now?
                                                          I'm sure 'asking' people not to do something will work alright.

It seems they are really spooked by this delta variant, but if they went ahead with the reopenings planned for next week and it went a bit tits up, they'd have to row back further than they are today to apply a brake, but the thinking is probably that if they hold now they shouldn't have to go backwards at all.

Personally it makes relatively little difference to me as I'm not going to be out and about at all either way really. I doubt stopping people going into pubs will help though to be honest, it'll probably result in far more high risk house parties and the likes. We'll see. Case numbers hopefully are being separated from hospital/ICU numbers anyhow as is the case elsewhere.

Comment

If it's decided on the sartorial flair of the managers, it's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

If they bring Kane on they might have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

If they bring Kane on they might have a chance
                                                                Ah, the could really do with somebody with a great footballing mind to use their favourite foot

Comment

Surely you can just do this with a qr code sent by text pretty much overnight and then it’s an id check to confirm the name is the name person.

why this hasn’t been built months ago properly into the COVID tracker app is bizzare. What is being used in Israel or is planned for international travel, surely we could just copy that either pretty easily

Comment

Seems like I picked the right half to make pizzas.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      It does seem excessively cautious by the government/nphet, don't think they have my support on this (which I'm sure doesn't bother them).
                                                                      I think the Euros has opened my eyes a lot - whilst it's easy to dismiss Hungary and Russia there is also clearly a level of normality way beyond ours in Germany, Holland, Italy, Denmark etc.
                                                                      We are effectively saying that all these countries are wrong in their approach - if that's the attitude you want to take then you have to come up with a really convincing case.
                                                                      Again the long lockdowns were definitely the right choice up until now or a month or 2 ago but I’m not so sure we need to be so cautious now. whatever about indoor drinking surely indoor dinning is fairly safe.
                                                                      Last edited by RichieM; 29-06-21, 17:02.

Comment

Comment

Baffles me that TAA isnt there to play RWB in that system

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Again the long lockdowns were definitely the right choice up until now or a month or 2 ago but I’m not so sure we need to be so cautious now. whatever about indoor drinking surely indoor dinning is fairly safe.
                                                                            Same thing? You sit at a table and have food/drink brought to you.

Still a fair way off shouldering strangers out of the way to catch the barman's eye.
                                                                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 29-06-21, 17:31.

Comment

I see Noel Furlong passed away

Comment

Jesus, this game is muck.

Comment

I see Noel Furlong passed away
                                                                                  Some man.

Him and Barney can plot their way out of whatever beyond they're now in.

Comment

Jesus, this game is muck.
                                                                                    BBV gets a goal, new site really humming.

Although I stand by the muck.

Comment

Yep, he's defo casually watching 90 mins of football half sitting on a table edge.

Baffles me that TAA isnt there to play RWB in that system
                                                                                      Erm, maybe a level straight over my head, but isn't he injured?
                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Uuuffff Muller
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Well, this justifies Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            I wouldn't disagree with you and I don't think it will go down the way they outlined today but if you doubt nephet you should take a look at the graph from Scotland following their opening up hospitality for the football. Yesterday they reported the all time highest number of cases in one day! How that turns in to hospitalisations, ICU admissions and deaths over the next month is what we need to observe and act accordingly. If those are tiny then we will have been over cautious for a few weeks and if they run anywhere close to the worst case projections then its a job well done.
                                                                                            Either way once they allow the pharmacists deliver the single dose to over 20's then we should be getting close to 80% fully vaccinated by mid august.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Erm, maybe a level straight over my head, but isn't he injured?
                                                                                              Didnt realise that, just remebered seeing stuff that he mightn't make the squad behind the 3 other RBs

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                CASH OUT ?
                                                                                                450 cash out now. Finger hovering over the button.

Comment

Samsung S21 has been a downgrade from Huawei P20... Fck Trump and his insane Huawei ban.

I would be tempted to spend money to get P20 camera that I broke fixed and try and squeeze another couple of years out of it.
                                                                                                  In nearly 3 years I never had to charge the P20 except overnight, the S21 has already run out of juice on me twice , both on long days with lots of use but nevertheless. Also their reactivating a piece of malware that had been deleted 5+ years ago was dumb.
                                                                                                  I love my P30 but there's a few weird things it won't do for me for work. I need to switch back to Samsung for my next upgrade.

There's a device I use a lot in work for home automation and I can't set it up with the Huawei. Need to bring my old Samsung S7 with me to do it. Also can't log in to Sky routers with it.

There were also some issues with Garmin connect a while back although I think they've been resolved.

Pity, it's a great phone. Like you I never run out of battery.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

450 cash out now. Finger hovering over the button.
                                                                                                    That is surprisingly close to what you could get if you closed it out on BF right now @ 3.35, you'd only be paying them €30 for doing it for you. Last time I looked at a PP cashout they were >25% off the true price.

IMO laying England for soccer tournaments is usually a value bet due to the weight of mug money making them a point or two shorter than they should be at the start of a tournament. I've no idea if that still applies at this stage though. The time they traded at 5/1 favs for the World cup with Beckham playing was the biggest bet I ever had... obv it wasn't based on my own knowledge or opinion I was rowing in behind people who knew what they were talking about.

Comment

Am slightly concerned about this roll back on indoor dining. If you have a booking in place with a restaurant for several weeks away what happens? Do all bookings get pushed back by two weeks, are the people with bookings in the next two weeks just cancelled or are they fit in whenever there is space?

I'm not booked in the next two weeks but don't want my booking moved.

Extremely minor first world problems I know, but here we are.

Comment

Fun euro fact probably mentioned.

Every team in Group of Death .now OUT

Comment

I wouldn't disagree with you and I don't think it will go down the way they outlined today but if you doubt nephet you should take a look at the graph from Scotland following their opening up hospitality for the football. Yesterday they reported the all time highest number of cases in one day! How that turns in to hospitalisations, ICU admissions and deaths over the next month is what we need to observe and act accordingly. If those are tiny then we will have been over cautious for a few weeks and if they run anywhere close to the worst case projections then its a job well done.
                                                                                                          Either way once they allow the pharmacists deliver the single dose to over 20's then we should be getting close to 80% fully vaccinated by mid august.
                                                                                                          This is precisely it - we don't yet know, so lets wait two weeks and see how it plays out. It does seem overcautious, but its not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Am slightly concerned about this roll back on indoor dining. If you have a booking in place with a restaurant for several weeks away what happens? Do all bookings get pushed back by two weeks, are the people with bookings in the next two weeks just cancelled or are they fit in whenever there is space?

Definitely couldn't affect your booking. Not least because that would be a logistical nightmare for restaurants, most of whom rely on pen and paper to record bookings!

Comment

I can hear the kids in the bedroom debating chess moves after their science camp today. Neeeeeerrrrrrddddddssss.

Comment

Trailer for The Soprano's movie prequel - The Many Saints of Newark - arrived today.

Somehow missed James Gandolfini's son, Michael was playing Tony Soprano.

That's some weight to carry and he'd never watched the show before discussing the part with David Chase apparently.

Comment

Working at the Irish Open golf. Had to do a PCR test today. Book in with one of the biggest countrywide privates testing outfits. In and out in 10 min. No bother. Expecting results in morning.

Massive flaw in system. Never asked for ID. Wasn't overlooked. It's not even part of their process. WTAF! Anyone could have gone in and impersonated me if I was riddled but needed a positive test. Disheartening at this stage.
                                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Wins the prize for dumb question of the week

Comment

Have to say, I do like the refereeing peoples costumes.

Comment

Have to say, I do like the refereeing peoples costumes.
                                                                                                                        Should be wearing clown costumes after that red.

Comment

Cashing out the England bet would be burning money at this stage. Practically a bye versus the winner of this and then playing Czechs or the Danes.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X