X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

For that money you could buy this in the country

or this in the town
    Find Detached Houses for Sale in Naas, Kildare. Search 10 Detached Houses for sale on Daft.ie now.

And be a shorter commute to DCU than Bray or much the same as Balinteer.
    But the amenities darling! One simply wouldn't have the range of amenities and cultural attractions that one would be accustomed to in the city. And the locals....
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

CASH OUT ?
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Second moderna for me yesterday, I'm in giblets this morning.
        Panadol and back to bed had me right by the afternoon!
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
          CASH OUT ?
          Depends on your attitude really. England are by no means a cert to win and have some tough games ahead, Germany in the round 16 is a stinker for them and one I can see going to penalties.
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

CASH OUT ?
            Betting on ENGLAND? Ronnie Drew is thrashing around furiously trying to get out of his grave so he can bate the head off ya.

Tear up that ticket and we'll tell your sons this unpleasantness never happened.

Comment

When I'm a Brayovian, I'll be telling my fellow citizens what ye think of them. Might even suggest we build a wall.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Betting on ENGLAND? Ronnie Drew is thrashing around furiously trying to get out of his grave so he can bate the head off ya.

Tear up that ticket and we'll tell your sons this unpleasantness never happened.
                I view it as compensation should the unthinkable happen. The early rounds powder is dry. I fear the worst

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                  Hitch, what would you think of something like this? https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...lin-16/4510579

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  Hitchhiker's Guide To...

what about something like this? seems in budget. no doubt some work needed but can easily be done bit by bit , and is 5 minutes to the school

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...lin-18/4510620

Thanks! Have arranged viewings for both now. Although the first one has just joined the market and is already at a 611k bid. I’d imagine the second might easily pop over our allowance (725).

I can't help but feel there's a big slice of history up for grabs in the likes of here in Bray. Imagine how much that would cost in not Bray?

A massive project obviously. But you are polishing a hidden gem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    When I'm a Brayovian, I'll be telling my fellow citizens what ye think of them. Might even suggest we build a wall.
                    Jokes on you, if there were enough builders to put up the wall then you wouldn’t need to move to Bray.

Comment

Didn't know disc golf was a thing but there are some crowds at this!
                      If this is the best they can manage it must be fairly shite.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Didn't know disc golf was a thing but there are some crowds at this!
                        If this is the best they can manage it must be fairly shite.

I wanna play!
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Well, with regard the Bray house, I'm sure you've seen what a great job next door have done (thought that was the one you were looking at to start with) - there's definitely a lot of potential there!!! However, I do think relatively and certainly right now (I await others who will disagree), there's more value going for the walk-in condition places over the 'need €200K-€300K' ones. There's feck all subcontractor availability at present, renovation/extension prices are sky high and labour is only going to get tighter and tighter if the government (be that the current one or a SF-led one) truly want to increase supply as they have promised. We don't have the manpower to build all these houses at present, but if we actually make a go of it, that's going to pull in the same people you'd be looking to to do up a fixer-upper in the future.

If you compared #4 and #5 in that terrace, if they both went at asking, #5 is better value IMHO, given the cost and unbelievably hassle of dealing with a large-scale renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            Jesus lads, 800k+ ? ye need to come down the country !
                            Sure if you are on 100k+ a year it's a no brainer obvs!
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Thanks! Have arranged viewings for both now. Although the first one has just joined the market and is already at a 611k bid. I’d imagine the second might easily pop over our allowance (725).

Your budget is 725 and you're looking in Bray?! I know prices are bit nuts in Dublin but don't resort to that.

This in Sandyford is minutes to Foxrock if you're set on that school and a short walk to the Luas

Same with this, across M50 from Foxrock and walking distance to Luas

And this

Or this or this nearby too

Comment

Well, with regard the Bray house, I'm sure you've seen what a great job next door have done (thought that was the one you were looking at to start with) - there's definitely a lot of potential there!!! However, I do think relatively and certainly right now (I await others who will disagree), there's more value going for the walk-in condition places over the 'need €200K-€300K' ones. There's feck all subcontractor availability at present, renovation/extension prices are sky high and labour is only going to get tighter and tighter if the government (be that the current one or a SF-led one) truly want to increase supply as they have promised. We don't have the manpower to build all these houses at present, but if we actually make a go of it, that's going to pull in the same people you'd be looking to to do up a fixer-upper in the future.

If you compared #4 and #5 in that terrace, if they both went at asking, #5 is better value IMHO, given the cost and unbelievably hassle of dealing with a large-scale renovation.
                                yeah, I agree. its just we don't have €850k! The one we were actually looking at was this one: https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-de...icklow/2510959

I've a slight element of navity, in that growing up my parents always built their house - so they built three of them while I was at home as we moved around the country, and one more subsequently. Its maybe made me think its easier and more attractive than it actually is as an option.

Comment

Genius move by hitch,
                                  it's akin to the auld "if you want the right answer just post the wrong answer first".
                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Your budget is 725 and you're looking in Bray?! I know prices are bit nuts in Dublin but don't resort to that.

This in Sandyford is minutes to Foxrock if you're set on that school and a short walk to the Luas

Same with this, across M50 from Foxrock and walking distance to Luas

And this

Or this or this nearby too
                                    Theres a lot of decent options there! Now we don't want to spend the 725 - we were thinking more 600k

Comment

If you move to Bray, you'll be banned from the site

Comment

Also viewed a place in Brighton Court in Foxrock/Cabinteely last week, yikes - massive space but bizarrely laid out.
                                        Foxrock! We bought in Brighton Court earlier this year
                                        Initially intended to give it a lick of paint but then decided to do a proper job on it so 3 months later it looks like a new build inside so we're pretty excited to move in this Saturday.
                                        Assume that's number 2 you viewed? Layout does look strange. Where's the bidding at, out of interest? It's a great area.

Comment

Theres a lot of decent options there! Now we don't want to spend the 725 - we were thinking more 600k
                                          Did Wayne sort the mortgage in the end?

Comment

Of all the things that we could have staged an intervention for Hitch over down the years, it turns out that a potential move to Bray is the one that triggered IPB's inner humanitarian.

Comment

Was out walking down to the Baily lighthouse with the kids earlier. Some amazing houses tucked into the cliffs there (not that they would be in any of our budgets but insane views up/down the coast).

Comment

Foxrock! We bought in Brighton Court earlier this year
                                                Initially intended to give it a lick of paint but then decided to do a proper job on it so 3 months later it looks like a new build inside so we're pretty excited to move in this Saturday.
                                                Assume that's number 2 you viewed? Layout does look strange. Where's the bidding at, out of interest? It's a great area.
                                                LOVELY, lovely estate, first time I'd been in it (despite living 8 minutes drive away and going up that hill to Cabinteely very often), the houses on the way in are gorgeous. €1M+ I'm guessing though. Yeah, #2. They extended out to the left, hence the weird layout. No bids, and I won't be bidding ether, it just doesn't work in terms of the flow. Love the area alright, some really nice houses on Cornelscourt Hill Road and Hainault Road. We're going to Stepaside Park now I think.

Comment

Mad amount of crashes in the TDF today, its not even wet just a tight technical last 20Km, also Tsitsipas 2 down in his first round match at Wimbeldon

Comment

Mad amount of crashes in the TDF today, its not even wet just a tight technical last 20Km, also Tsitsipas 2 down in his first round match at Wimbeldon
                                                    absolute carnage!

Comment

Did Wayne sort the mortgage in the end?
                                                      Wayne is the dude, and Wayne is the man who made it happen. There's something very likeable about him, with his obvious focus on doing well by the person. Thank you hugely for the contact as it has made the whole mortgage thing very pleasant.

Comment

Jaysis, you wouldn't see that in an U-8 game

Comment

What a last 25 minutes, extra time.

Comment

Diamond Hill in Connemara is a superb little hike for anyone with the younger kids . Although I think I loved it more than them. Stunning around this neck.

Comment

Switched off in the 80-somethingth minute at 3-1.

Comment

BBQ'd whole sea bream. Epic.
                                                                Was out in Howth (using up the 2020 leftover holidays) and popped into Dorans for more of the same. Roasted a bream and a bass, with a bitta mash and some tzatskiki. Drop of vin blanc on the side.

Should really eat more fish at home:

20210628_190756a.jpg

Comment

Was out walking down to the Baily lighthouse with the kids earlier. Some amazing houses tucked into the cliffs there (not that they would be in any of our budgets but insane views up/down the coast).
                                                                  This house:
                                                                  20210628_131232a.jpg

looking over this view (probably haven't done it justice and suspect he's got the entire panorama up and down the coast):
                                                                  20210628_130446a.jpg

Comment

Just me (or recency bias) or are the Euros usually better watching than World Cups?

Comment

Just me (or recency bias) or are the Euros usually better watching than World Cups?
                                                                      nope... You need the South Americans... they are usually the best to watch in the cup.

Comment

One of Mrs Lao Lao's mates has a 33' sailing boat and we've been out on it a few times over the years. Last time we went out was the end of the summer last year and we went around Howth head. Quite a few houses perched up there and when you see them from the sea, you know they have an absolutely stunning view.

Serious lotto win required to buy one of them though!

Comment

Also, having looked at a lot of the links to houses posted today, there are a lot of people with shocking taste in interior design in this city.

Comment

Vaccine free for all

(ignore dobbs quoted post, its the first one from gav that has the info)

Comment

Vaccine free for all

(ignore dobbs quoted post, its the first one from gav that has the info)
                                                                              To answer Dobby question though, it's code for dodgy as fuck - probably better not to take.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

To answer Dobby question though, it's code for dodgy as fuck - probably better not to take.
                                                                                Remind me where you did your doctorate in immunology?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                  Also, having looked at a lot of the links to houses posted today, there are a lot of people with shocking taste in interior design in this city.
                                                                                  you'll be blindfolded if you ever enter my gaff. It's designed by both of us with all the chic of a failed bomb disposal expert.

Comment

Scenes, etc... Round of 16 is delivering in spades.

Comment

Euros DELIVER

Comment

Scenes, etc... Round of 16 is delivering in spades.
                                                                                        Really are.

Not bad fare for a Monday.

Comment

WTaF
                                                                                          backed France at 5.1 when they were one down didn't bother cashing out at 1.02 flicked over to the Tennis for 5 minutes and when I look back its gone

Comment

Poor Shrap

Comment

WTaF
                                                                                              backed France at 5.1 when they were one down didn't bother cashing out at 1.02 flicked over to the Tennis for 5 minutes and when I look back its gone
                                                                                              CHAVBALL EH?

Comment

The Swiss rolled them.

Comment

CHAVBALL EH?
                                                                                                  Pure daycent show tonight, pray for Shrap!

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Lol. Nonsense. I'll be taking it and if it kills me, so be it.

I just didnt understand the wording of it. Like are they not explaining the risks to everyone which I assumed they are. Thought it might have meant something technical given the announcement but doesn't seem so.

Comment

Pure daycent show tonight, pray for Shrap!
                                                                                                      Thought we'd win on penalties tbh. We played well for the better part of 20 minutes. Mbappe missing the penalty sums up this dismal performance in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Thought we'd win on penalties tbh. We played well for the better part of 20 minutes. Mbappe missing the penalty sums up this dismal performance in the tournament.
                                                                                                        Was surprised they didn't take him off when he was limping badly in ET

Comment

Was surprised they didn't take him off when he was limping badly in ET
                                                                                                          He was hurt without being injured. Pretty certain they wanted to keep him on for the penalties. Obviously didn't work out the way they had planned it

Comment

That is a nice view from that house in Howth, but how long has it really been Mrs RDIII posting on here?

Comment

Remind me where you did your doctorate in immunology?
                                                                                                              Nothing to do with science, just understanding jargon.... You should know, you're the king of it

Comment

Anyone done the cheese eating surrender monkey thing yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                  Second jabbage yesterday afternoon, so far so good on the side effects side..then again, i kept WELL hydrated yesterday
                                                                                                                  Obv jinxed myself. Went for a walk around noon and had to turn back after 15 mins, every muscle in my body aching, paracetamol and bulmers and fine again today.

edit: getting errors again when posting, " 500 error Internal Server Error" on Firefox.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Getting errors again when posting, " 500 error Internal Server Error", on firefox, wont let me edit a post either.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Highest number of daily covid deaths (110) in St Petersburg ever yesterday, and yet the quarter-final goes ahead with a 50% crowd this Friday https://tass.com/sport/1308015 Of course there are people who still think we should have had the matches go ahead here.
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                        Highest number of daily covid deaths (110) in St Petersburg ever yesterday, and yet the quarter-final goes ahead with a 50% crowd this Friday https://tass.com/sport/1308015 Of course there are people who still think we should have had the matches go ahead here.
                                                                                                                        They're not real numbers either. The actual numbers would be far higher. Weird, as vaccines are fully available for anyone in St Petersburg. Nobody seems to want to act for mutual benefit in that country by helping to build herd immunity.

Comment

They're not real numbers either. The actual numbers would be far higher. Weird, as vaccines are fully available for anyone in St Petersburg.
                                                                                                                          The Russians seem to be highly resistant to taking vaccines. Like you say, they are available.

Putin, who has basically self-isolated for the entire pandemic, has not been filmed taking a jab either. Seems like a Bolsonaro-style play of some sort.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X