• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Germany at Wembley in a major championship is awesome though
    It should have been in Dublin.

Comment

Was in Suntrap bar (urban brewing) in the IFSC, only have a small selection of pizzas on the menu (nothing else) but man oh man the pizzas are brilliant, the guys know their pizzas as the dough was devine.

Beer goes down well also. Can recommend....
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Chrome on Samsung S21 suddenly started opening a whole load of random spammy tabs.... maybe one an hour.
        I've cleared the chrome cache and deleted any recently loaded apps but its still happening can't think what else might be doing it.

Any ideas how to stop it?
        This turned out to be slightly interesting.

Pages were being served from an app that was originally a legit utility called 'Bluetooth auto Connect' that I got through play store and used for a while at least 3 maybe more like 5 years ago. It went rouge and morphed into a spam provider and I don't remember the details but I would have uninstalled it way back then. It never came up as an issue on the Huawei I had in between Samsungs.
        Somehow it turns up again and it looks like it was served from Samsung account who must have stored a reference to it from years ago.

Crazy bit of business.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I should go attain full hipster and live in stoneybatter https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/apartme...blin-7/3277226

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Cheers Mellor, that's sound advice.

There's a window schedule, but I need to scour plans to determine how many of each window there is.

I may just quote him for Window type and let him work out from that, or else get him to provide me with quantities.
            I think giving him prices/rates based on types and letting him do the quantities is completely fair. As I said, it's literally what a QS is for.
            And if he needs a lumo sum price, then giving you the quantities is also completely fair.

To be honest, a schedule without the quantities is pretty poor.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            The women's weightlifting is going to be pretty entertaining.
            ​​​​​​
            I will capture lots of headlines, quick new updates. But can't see the whole "trans-woman steals gold" scenario playing out.

She's 42. She might have mother nature on her side, but she is also fighting father time. Won't be a medalist. 4th or 5th at best imo.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                I should go attain full hipster and live in stoneybatter https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/apartme...blin-7/3277226
                One should

one is transported to the look and style of the soho apartments in New York
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Seems a great price, though I don't know the area at all. Wonder if it's being pitched low to draw in the bidders?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Seems a great price, though I don't know the area at all. Wonder if it's being pitched low to draw in the bidders?
                    might be because it's over a row of shops?

Comment

Any updates on your own saga Paul? Can you sit tight or do feel you *have* to move shortly?

Comment

Ordered in January my 5 pack of buttscratchers arrived from China today. BUTTSCRATCHERRS.!!! Very pleasant yokes altogether

not to be confused with back scratchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          I think giving him prices/rates based on types and letting him do the quantities is completely fair. As I said, it's literally what a QS is for.
                          And if he needs a lumo sum price, then giving you the quantities is also completely fair.

To be honest, a schedule without the quantities is pretty poor.

I will capture lots of headlines, quick new updates. But can't see the whole "trans-woman steals gold" scenario playing out.

She's 42. She might have mother nature on her side, but she is also fighting father time. Won't be a medalist. 4th or 5th at best imo.
                          Her age is irrelevant. It's the door that is opening. It's wrong .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                            Ordered in January my 5 pack of buttscratchers arrived from China today. BUTTSCRATCHERRS.!!! Very pleasant yokes altogether

not to be confused with back scratchers.
                            Wonder if the ending of the €22 vat exemption is going to mess with the buying of cheap crap from China. https://www.rte.ie/news/business/202...n-vat-changes/

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Any updates on your own saga Paul? Can you sit tight or do feel you *have* to move shortly?
                              Well..... so we're actually back talking to the original sellers again, the sale could yet be on (and at a higher price, yes - feels dirty but the overall deal has been sweetened a little).

There's so little on the market, it's mad. I would guess we're getting €50k extra for our own property over last year, and probably paying €100k extra on the other side. Would not be surprised if prices drop by 10%+ plus over the next few years, assuming the government does *something* to calm things down. In fact if property prices drop by 25%, I also wouldn't be shocked one bit! But it's so hard to guess what will happen, QE has really messed things up, so much cash in the system, pension funds chasing returns by buying up packages of residential properties, crazy.

We can sit tight alright, but at the same time once the little one moves into her own room (currently my home office) late this year, I think things will be uncomfortable, so might just jump now regardless.

Comment

Well..... so we're actually back talking to the original sellers again, the sale could yet be on (and at a higher price, yes - feels dirty but the overall deal has been sweetened a little).
                                Please tell me you're planning to fuck them back when it comes time for contracts to be exchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Wonder if the ending of the €22 vat exemption is going to mess with the buying of cheap crap from China. https://www.rte.ie/news/business/202...n-vat-changes/
                                  Had no idea that rule existed. What the hell was the point of it anyway, aside from allowing Lao Lao to flood discount shops across our fair isle with crap?

Comment

Had no idea that rule existed. What the hell was the point of it anyway, aside from allowing Lao Lao to flood discount shops across our fair isle with crap?
                                    AFAIK the exemption was individual retail purchases rather than pallet loads going into retail stores.

Comment

Pretty sure it was the reason the likes of play.com and cdwow operated out of Jersey, and were able to undercut retailers back in the early noughties.

Comment

Fk you Chairman Lao,

I’ve been waiting 8 weeks on a TV remote that responds to Chinese location queries I just have to learn a few sentences in Chinese as the English one is a tenner more expensive.

Are you down the back of the sofa ? Are you under the Sofa? The Remote will respond and help cut short searching times and also my knees.
                                        Wtf with the excuses , I thought you were a magnet of sorts. Get me my unlosable remote please.

I was hoping to have this for the EUROS, until then I’ll use the elastic band.

A ) it's not shit
                                        B) I need it.
                                        Get up off your arse and change the TV channel manually, like you did back when Ronnie Drew was still alive - The exercise will do you good

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

can you check if the container of fake Christmas trees got thru the canal as I need them for December-no later than the 3rd

Funnily enough, in a completely non funny way, the vessel (the Ever Given) is still sitting in the Great Bitter Lake, which is part of the Suez Canal. It's been under arrest from the Egyptian authorities for almost 3 months now and they just announced yesterday that they have come to an agreement with the ship owners to release the vessel so hopefully it should move soon.

One of my customers has freight on that vessel which is only 3 months late at this stage but I doubt there would be any Christmas tress on it as it's too early to move them.

We moved our first batch of fake Christmas trees at the start of June and it will hopefully get here around mid to late July. There is also a shit ton more due to move over the next few weeks.

Comment

I couldn't deal with that tiny step down from the living area to the kitchen. No matter how long I'd live there, I'd still miss that step every time and regularly snot myself.

Comment

I wouldn't deal with people who spend less than €22 on imports, not possible to get anywhere near enough of a margin at that level to keep me in the lifestyle I'm accustomed to

Comment

I feel like not even Hitch has gone with 5 posts in a row?

Comment

How does the multi quoting work by the way - Tried to quote multiple posts and nothing happened - This could be a me problem

Comment

Please tell me you're planning to fuck them back when it comes time for contracts to be exchanged.
                                                    LOL. Imagine the slow roll to beat all slow rolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Get up off your arse and change the TV channel manually, like you did back when Ronnie Drew was still alive - The exercise will do you good
                                                      wouldn’t even know where to do it manually. I’ll just leave it off and snooze. Those old TVs with the big Channel change dial were a great workout all the same, Sometimes you’d need a T-towel in the hands to get from BBC1 to BBC2, only the rightful king could turn the dial through all the channels. Sometimes you’d twist so hard that you’d bypass the channel you need and then have to go do the reverse dial and hope you caught it in time. I think the Cube should have it as one of the trails. You have 30 seconds to tune in BBC 2 and then turn the dial to HTV. The t-towel being the simplify. I hated it when the tennis was switching channels from beeb 1 to beeb 2 as scene around 6 was starting. Especially with John MeEonroe in full tantrum.

Comment

This is probably your lifetime opportunity.

Hover your pen above the contract and then say 'actually our circumstances have changed - we need 30k off in order to sign'.

The thing would be to determine what that sweet spot would be where they go 'fuck it' vs 'fuck you'

Comment

wouldn’t even know where to do it manually. I’ll just leave it off and snooze. Those old TVs with the big Channel change dial were a great workout all the same, Sometimes you’d need a T-towel in the hands to get from BBC1 to BBC2, only the rightful king could turn the dial through all the channels. Sometimes you’d twist so hard that you’d bypass the channel you need and then have to go do the reverse dial and hope you caught it in time. I think the Cube should have it as one of the trails. You have 30 seconds to tune in BBC 2 and then turn the dial to HTV. The t-towel being the simplify. I hated it when the tennis was switching channels from beeb 1 to beeb 2 as scene around 6 was starting. Especially with John MeEonroe in full tantrum.
                                                          In the auld holiday cabin down in Wexford, there were days with the right stmospheric conditions where you could just about pick up the BBC for the cricket but it required hopping up on the roof and arsing around with the ariel while directions were shouted out the window.

Comment

How does the multi quoting work by the way - Tried to quote multiple posts and nothing happened - This could be a me problem
                                                            You have to hit "Quote" on every post you want to quote and then "Post Reply" at the very top. Then your multiple quotes get inserted in your reply.
                                                            It's not very intuitive
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is probably your lifetime opportunity.

Hover your pen above the contract and then say 'actually our circumstances have changed - we need 30k off in order to sign'.

The thing would be to determine what that sweet spot would be where they go 'fuck it' vs 'fuck you'

In the auld holiday cabin down in Wexford, there were days with the right stmospheric conditions where you could just about pick up the BBC for the cricket but it required hopping up on the roof and arsing around with the ariel while directions were shouted out the window.
                                                              like this....
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I've lived 10 minutes walk from there for the last 9 years and a few friends live around there, it's a great area, people are really friendly, neighbours in the area are quite nice in a will say hello to you and bake for you kinda way. Maybe cheaper due to the shops like RD said but I doubt it gets too loud there. I'd be tempted, though didn't want an apt, wonder what maintenance fees are like and perhaps not great for my outdoorsy cat. Can imagine my gf splatting herself on that step too haha.

Comment

It does work, but it's a pain in the hole and not intuitive, but it's OK, once you get used to it. Here are the steps.

1. Hit the quote button on one post. This will auto scroll you to the reply bit at the bottom of the screen.
                                                                  2. Go back up and find the next post you want to quote and hit the quote button. It won't move you to the bottom of the screen then.
                                                                  3. Repeat step 2 for each post you want to quote.
                                                                  4. When you have all your posts that you want to quote, go to the top of the screen where there will be a button that says "Post Reply (X)" where X is the number of posts that you are including in the multi quote.
                                                                  5. Hit that "Post Reply (X)" button and it'll bring you to the bottom of the screen where all your posts are now quoted in the reply window for you to reply to.

As I said it's a shocking design, but it does work.

Comment

I've lived 10 minutes walk from there for the last 9 years and a few friends live around there, it's a great area, people are really friendly, neighbours in the area are quite nice in a will say hello to you and bake for you kinda way. Maybe cheaper due to the shops like RD said but I doubt it gets too loud there. I'd be tempted, though didn't want an apt, wonder what maintenance fees are like and perhaps not great for my outdoorsy cat. Can imagine my gf splatting herself on that step too haha.
                                                                    your cat wouldn't have as far to leap as this one:

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

like this....

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

It does work, but it's a pain in the hole and not intuitive, but it's OK, once you get used to it. Here are the steps.

1. Hit the quote button on one post. This will auto scroll you to the reply bit at the bottom of the screen.
                                                                      2. Go back up and find the next post you want to quote and hit the quote button. It won't move you to the bottom of the screen then.
                                                                      3. Repeat step 2 for each post you want to quote.
                                                                      4. When you have all your posts that you want to quote, go to the top of the screen where there will be a button that says "Post Reply (X)" where X is the number of posts that you are including in the multi quote.
                                                                      5. Hit that "Post Reply (X)" button and it'll bring you to the bottom of the screen where all your posts are now quoted in the reply window for you to reply to.

As I said it's a shocking design, but it does work.
                                                                      Like this.

Comment

Trivia question of the day: who was the last US president to habitually sport facial hair?

I guessed wrong -
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        it was not Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Trivia question of the day: who was the last US president to habitually sport facial hair?

I guessed wrong -
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          it was not Teddy Roosevelt
                                                                          Did truman rock a mustache after the war
                                                                          or LBJ went hippy in the 70s, something like that?

Comment

Did truman rock a mustache after the war
                                                                            or LBJ went hippy in the 70s, something like that?
                                                                            Truman had one briefly but does not count as 'habitual'.
                                                                            LBJ was a clean-shaven Texan.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGmxx6p5YixhDYIEW2fywiSOePelJMUs82Vg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

Truman had one briefly but does not count as 'habitual'.
                                                                              LBJ was a clean-shaven Texan.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGmxx6p5YixhDYIEW2fywiSOePelJMUs82Vg&usqp=CAU.jpg
                                                                              rnBDazGl.jpg

Probably a shitty unremembered on so like Coolridge or Taft?

Comment

your cat wouldn't have as far to leap as this one:

Get penthouse Tar so cat has chance to reach terminal velocity..........

The number of injuries a domestic cat has from a long fall actually seems to go down above a certain height, specifically above about seven stories tall. There are two prevalent theories as to why this is the case.

The first, presented by the veterinarians who did this study, is that cats will tend to tense up and arch their backs while they are accelerating, similar to how they look when they are feeling threatened. While this form is great for absorbing short falls, it turns out to be a poor choice for a high velocity impact. Specifically, in these high velocity impacts, being tense like that will drastically increase the cat’s injury rate. In addition to this, this form will increase the cat’s velocity around 15 or so miles per hour over the estimated average terminal velocity for cats.

Once the cats reach their terminal velocity though, it’s theorized that they relax and assume a more spread-eagle, “flying squirrel”, stance, which in turn reduces their over-all velocity; puts them in a more relaxed body state; and gives a larger surface area to absorb the impact. While the study offers no direct visual proof of this happening, the types and locations of injuries seen from the cats that would have reached their terminal velocity seem to back up this idea
                                                                                Probably an urban myth at this stage but it's fun.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....survival-rate/
                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Looks lovely and price great on the face of it. Is professional property staging becoming a big thing in Ireland now?

Comment

I love a good conspiracy just as much as the next guy, but the latest Rogan podcast could be the biggest "Big Pharma" one yet, and if true, is beyond reprehensible.

Basically, there is a 40 year old drug, Ivermectin, an anti viral used to treat head lice, practically eliminated "river blindness", it attacks parasites. Very safe to use and has very mild if any side effects.

These dudes on the show claim the FDA/CDC are ignoring research that shows this drug can practically eliminate covid, and has done in Mexico, who also wrote a paper on it and it was ignored.

Because it is 40 years old an off patent there is no $$$ to be made, and during this current crisis, pharma companies are getting a lot more drugs into clinical trials then they would if no pandemic existed.

Scary stuff, well worth a listen to.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Probably a shitty unremembered on so like Coolridge or Taft?
                                                                                      Correct!

President Taft (possibly the heaviest ever President, at least before Trump came along)

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fs3-origin-images.politico.com%2F2012%2F04%2F120405_firstpitch_taft_ap_328.jpg

Comment

I was fiddling. apologies

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                          I love a good conspiracy just as much as the next guy, but the latest Rogan podcast could be the biggest "Big Pharma" one yet, and if true, is beyond reprehensible.

Basically, there is a 40 year old drug, Ivermectin, an anti viral used to treat head lice, practically eliminated "river blindness", it attacks parasites. Very safe to use and has very mild if any side effects.

These dudes on the show claim the FDA/CDC are ignoring research that shows this drug can practically eliminate covid, and has done in Mexico, who also wrote a paper on it and it was ignored.

Because it is 40 years old an off patent there is no $$$ to be made, and during this current crisis, pharma companies are getting a lot more drugs into clinical trials then they would if no pandemic existed.

I know nothing about this, but I'm prepared to say that he's talking utter scutter.

Comment

It has been widely discussed for more than a year now, and I haven't been convinced either way. I've found John Campbells presentations more even handed than most, and he's been very frustrated about it not being investigated (and used) more thoroughly for ages. Not going to listen to another Rogan podcast though ( and I can't stand those Weinstein brothers).

Comment

It was/is only on individual consignements with the thinking being that it would cost more to collect that what you were actually collecting. Same logic as to why there is no customs duty on consignemnts up to €150

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I know nothing about this, but I'm prepared to say that he's talking utter scutter.
                                                                                                36:00 Kory dude talking about feeling sorry for Joe public because of all the misinformation out there, in the same breath says the Wuhan lab was across the street from the Wuhan wet market, where the first cluster emerged, when in fact they are about 15km apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

36:00 Kory dude talking about feeling sorry for Joe public because of all the misinformation out there, in the same breath says the Wuhan lab was across the street from the Wuhan wet market, where the first cluster emerged, when in fact they are about 15km apart.
                                                                                                  In terms of the size of china it's practically the same...
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post

It was/is only on individual consignements with the thinking being that it would cost more to collect that what you were actually collecting. Same logic as to why there is no customs duty on consignemnts up to €150
                                                                                                    So you're saying customs duty on sub €150 items will be next?

Comment

I was fiddling. apologies
                                                                                                      I thought it was tye Feds after what I posted...
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

So you're saying customs duty on sub €150 items will be next?
                                                                                                        Hasn't been mentioned formally but it wouldnt be the biggest surprise in the world.

Comment

It has been widely discussed for more than a year now, and I haven't been convinced either way. I've found John Campbells presentations more even handed than most, and he's been very frustrated about it not being investigated (and used) more thoroughly for ages. Not going to listen to another Rogan podcast though ( and I can't stand those Weinstein brothers).

As Collie said, it has been out in the conspirasphere a while.
                                                                                                          My understanding is it kills the virus but the doses needed are ridiculously large.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Looks lovely and price great on the face of it. Is professional property staging becoming a big thing in Ireland now?
                                                                                                            Was bought for €291K in 2018, some nice spin up! But yeah still worth.

I see even the Irish times are on to it lol https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...-000-1.4584408

Comment

Was bought for €291K in 2018, some nice spin up! But yeah still worth.

I see even the Irish times are on to it lol https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...-000-1.4584408
                                                                                                              Well they answered the question about the mgt fees at the end for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                Anyone listen to Alan Partridge at the Oasthouse podcasts?
                                                                                                                BIt tough to get into but I thought in the end it was genuinely genius.
                                                                                                                Spoke to a friend today about this, I stated that the start was a bit confusing to me.

I fucking listened to them out of order

I blame the cousins.
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Would be hilarious if Ivor Cummins and the band of morons donating to his patreon turned out to be even a tiny bit right about something, anything.

Comment

Fell off the veggie wagon. We go again. 7 days my record so far .

Comment

Would be hilarious if Ivor Cummins and the band of morons donating to his patreon turned out to be even a tiny bit right about something, anything.
                                                                                                                      There have been plenty of papers showing that smoking a pack of cigarettes a day provides more protection against covid than AstraZeneca anyway. Though there are side effects

Comment

Even as scientists study a drug used to deworm dogs as a COVID treatment, the loudest people online claim it's a miracle cure, and that inquiry into it is being suppressed.

Comment

Genuinely wondering how you came upon him. For me it was one old friend from 30 years ago, who I normally meet up with every nine months or so. I knew he was well into the keto diet for the last 5 years or so, but the devotion to Cummins came as a shock to me about last October. At least his wife has deleted her twitter recently, but I'm finding it difficult to forgive this shite

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X