Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    test spoiler

SPOILER
    GFYL
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yay! Someone is here!

If anyone notices things working faster or better or whatever, please let me know. Equally if you are using it for a while and the problems are still evident, likewise.

Comment

definitely much faster loading pages

Comment

and no error messages posting

Comment

and no issues editing posts. it's a fookin ferrrarrriiiiii

Comment

Cool

Probably for the best that big row got deleted.
              Neither person came out well imo.
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Good. Hopefully once the main frustrations are out of the way, we can evaluate then if we bin vbulletin altogether, which I know lots of people seemed keen to do. We'll let this settle a little and revisit that then, maybe next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                  Cool

Probably for the best that big row got deleted.
                  Neither person came out well imo.
                  What can you expect when one person blatantly ripped the other off? Theft is theft and it was pretty scummy imo.

Comment

All we really missed that is worth remembering is RDIII's classic BBVing of DeChambeau calling him a cool customer the only one who doesn't look like blowing up
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

What can you expect when one person blatantly ripped the other off? Theft is theft and it was pretty scummy imo.
                      It was an invitation to treat according to the sale of goods and supply of services act 1980 and if you don't understand that I can't help you.
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ah here what's goin on. An alternate universe row that those of us on the original earth IPB never got to see. ?

Comment

Dog eat dog

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            All we really missed that is worth remembering is RDIII's classic BBVing of DeChambeau calling him a cool customer the only one who doesn't look like blowing up
                            One of us read that incorrectly. I though he was referring to Louis? Deffo a glitch in the matrix.

I'm glad Rahm won as it proves big arse obesity is not a deterrent to success at sport.

Comment

Feck this I'm off for a bottle of kool aid

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                Good. Hopefully once the main frustrations are out of the way, we can evaluate then if we bin vbulletin altogether, which I know lots of people seemed keen to do. We'll let this settle a little and revisit that then, maybe next week.
                                Good work . A Guinness zero for this lad .

Comment

Spent countless hours on that meme

Comment

I see my electric car shilling has been lost, just an update I was going to post, my sums were out, you can actually get night rate at half the price I'd calculated at, making your per km cost to be about 1c

Comment

Site running very smoothly. WP lads

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

One of us read that incorrectly. I though he was referring to Louis? Deffo a glitch in the matrix.

I'm glad Rahm won as it proves big arse obesity is not a deterrent to success at sport.
                                        It was Louis I referred to. In fairness to him, he seemed a bit more clutch than the rest of them including our own Wee Rory.

Was also glad to see Fist Pumping get such a fine run out from our winner.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          Site running very smoothly. WP lads
                                          Was just going to mention; lost about 4 pages off BBV (who cares) and gained massive performance benefits. Excellent work!

Comment

Good start to the week..wrenched the back...in semi hobbling mode...balls to it was looking forward to golf tomorrow

Comment

Sweden's PM vote of no confidence. Election or resignation. 1st time ever the vain Swedes have ousted someone like this I believe. They botched Covid , . Amongst other things

Comment

Anyone got any tips for changing the direction work is going when the orders are coming from on high in a very large company? Major groupthink going on and most people at my level think it's going to be awful but I'm the only one speaking up. So far all I seem to have done is make management double down. Polish the CV time or is there a productive way to say no to something I know is going to be bad for our customers?
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  Anyone got any tips for changing the direction work is going when the orders are coming from on high in a very large company? Major groupthink going on and most people at my level think it's going to be awful but I'm the only one speaking up. So far all I seem to have done is make management double down. Polish the CV time or is there a productive way to say no to something I know is going to be bad for our customers?
                                                  Dont water cooler any discussion. Keep comms directly from yourself . Schedule a meeting with one of them and discuss.

Comment

Grab your immediate boss and walk him\her through the issues, with supporting evidence, one by one - then make it their problem.

Also, polish up your 'I told you so' badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      Sweden's PM vote of no confidence. Election or resignation. 1st time ever the vain Swedes have ousted someone like this I believe. They botched Covid , . Amongst other things
                                                      They shot one before, so this seems like a more civilised way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

A good guy I was told

Comment

It was Louis I referred to. In fairness to him, he seemed a bit more clutch than the rest of them including our own Wee Rory.

Was also glad to see Fist Pumping get such a fine run out from our winner.
                                                          The most unclutch shot of all time . Needing an eagle he lays up. I'd have preferred to hit it in the water. Dont get it. A USOPEN on the line .

Comment

Grab your immediate boss and walk him\her through the issues, with supporting evidence, one by one - then make it their problem.

Also, polish up your 'I told you so' badge.
                                                            Immediate boss wants to take an I Told You So strategy where I'd very much prefer to not have the thing happen in the first place :-/
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Immediate boss wants to take an I Told You So strategy where I'd very much prefer to not have the thing happen in the first place :-/
                                                              Isolate yourself from the fallout, look for avenues of promotion from it!
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I'm at the sports surgery clinic in Santy now. It's amazing how efficient things are when you're paying for it.

Comment

That's some list of theories about who killed him.

Comment

Still one or two teething problems but hopefully sorted in time
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That's some list of theories about who killed him.
                                                                      It's a recurring theme in the books of Leif Persson (Backstrom author)

Comment

I'm at the sports surgery clinic in Santy now. It's amazing how efficient things are when you're paying for it.
                                                                        So they're open?

I sent them a mail last week enquiring about a test they do but never got a response, I'll call them.

What you getting done?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          Still one or two teething problems but hopefully sorted in time
                                                                          Echo what others have said, it's performing perfectly now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

So they're open?

I sent them a mail last week enquiring about a test they do but never got a response, I'll call them.

What you getting done?
                                                                            Just seeing someone about ankle problems I've had for years. Definitely fully open.

Comment

I've noticed I am now getting jobs sent to me that not only offer full time remote work but also one or two that are offering 4 days weeks instead of five. If work comes back and says they want people back in the office 5 days a week, I can see how people are going to start getting snapped up by companies adapting like that.

Comment

I've an email in to tender for a large project, a school. It's from a QS that I've quoted to before for similar.

There's probably half a day's work ahead of me deciphering info from complex plans, and I'm almost 100% sure this guy is just using me for his quota.

Would I be out of line replying that there's a tender/quotation fee that can be claimed against a successful tender?

Am thinking of telling him it's €200 + vat for my time.

Done thing or not?

Comment

I've an email in to tender for a large project, a school. It's from a QS that I've quoted to before for similar.

There's probably half a day's work ahead of me deciphering info from complex plans, and I'm almost 100% sure this guy is just using me for his quota.

Would I be out of line replying that there's a tender/quotation fee that can be claimed against a successful tender?

Done thing or not?
                                                                                  Over quote it and be done in 5 mins.
                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Over quote it and be done in 5 mins.
                                                                                    Ah it's not really as simple as that. Would need to spend about three hours just working out what it is I'm quoting for.

Comment

Still can't thank my own posts. WTF like.
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ah it's not really as simple as that. Would need to spend about three hours just working out what it is I'm quoting for.
                                                                                        If you're doing it just for that one person, you'd want to be careful that it doesn't get out there that this is a thing that you will always do in future for everyone. You don't want it having unintended consequences.

Comment

Done thing or not?

you are under pricing yourself
                                                                                          many kitchen companies charge for their quote and drawing due to a lot of people using the drawing with someone else

you might end up getting a job off him if u play that card

Comment

"Wind River" tonight TG4 got some good reviews.

Comment

Chrome on Samsung S21 suddenly started opening a whole load of random spammy tabs.... maybe one an hour.
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              I've cleared the chrome cache and deleted any recently loaded apps but its still happening can't think what else might be doing it.

Any ideas how to stop it?

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                "Wind River" tonight TG4 got some good reviews.
                                                                                                'tis good, a little tough to watch at certain points. Director has been responsible for some good stuff over the last while. Wrote 'Hell or High Water' and Sicario and his TV show Yellowstone is decent

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

AGS ask to use 'discretion' in enforcing laws on outdoor drinking. Didn't they they could enforce on a whim.

Comment

Dodgy peno that

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                        Dodgy peno that
                                                                                                        Won't see softer.

Comment

Screamer!

Comment

Delighted for Russia. Hack that!

Comment

Done thing or not?

Might not be possible on this occasion for you, but I keep a quote log of all quotes we do for customers and track whether we secure the business or if we even get any feedback. It's reviewed regularly and if we see a pattern where we are quoting a lot with no business and no feedback, we'll have a frank conversation with the customer. Sometimes, it leads to discovering an issue with our pricing or lack of relationship to get a quote over the line that we can work on and sometimes, it leads to us not quoting the company anymore as they are complete & utter time wasters - Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

Yay! Someone is here!

If anyone notices things working faster or better or whatever, please let me know. Equally if you are using it for a while and the problems are still evident, likewise.

This may have been mentioned already but can we still use Tapatalk on this new version?

Am on laptop now and it definitely seems to be better but Tapatalk is still showing the old site

Comment

So just need the multi quote button and half the posters back now and we'll be sorted!
                                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Might not be possible on this occasion for you, but I keep a quote log of all quotes we do for customers and track whether we secure the business or if we even get any feedback. It's reviewed regularly and if we see a pattern where we are quoting a lot with no business and no feedback, we'll have a frank conversation with the customer. Sometimes, it leads to discovering an issue with our pricing or lack of relationship to get a quote over the line that we can work on and sometimes, it leads to us not quoting the company anymore as they are complete & utter time wasters - Ain't nobody got time for that.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

This may have been mentioned already but can we still use Tapatalk on this new version?

Am on laptop now and it definitely seems to be better but Tapatalk is still showing the old site
                                                                                                                    So just need the multi quote button and half the posters back now and we'll be sorted!
                                                                                                                    Multi quote is awkward for sure, but it does work.

Comment

so, I'm still getting the same two error messages before I login on chrome. Seems to be working ok on safari on ipad though

edit
                                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

..but error message when I post. Post is there when I refresh, but if I edit post and get that message the edit doesn't appear
                                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Yeah improved performance, and the IPB banner is working so easier to switch between forums. Good job lads.
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X