Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastard of a hangover. I am of course blaming the vaccine, and not the two bottles of plonk I had afterwards
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Hitch talking about the lack of productivity.

Could sleep be contributing? I'm definitely losing an hour a day with waking up early with the brightness.

Last Saturday I didn't close the curtains properly and it was like waking up in fucking New Grange.

Probably should get black out blinds
      [Sponsored post brought to you by Lazare]

Comment

If you're waking early jump up and go for some outdoor exercise, run or walk. It's a turbo boost to your productivity.
        Last edited by Lazare; 05-06-21, 09:42.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Here's my current alarm clock schedule, been getting up at the crack for the past 8 weeks since starting a training plan. Midweek ones getting slightly earlier as the mileage increases.

Feel incredible for it. Although if I went back to 35 year old me and showed it I'd get a box in the head.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Haven't ran yet today though as the missus wanted a lie in. Feel a bit cheated on a Sat if I don't get out before 7am.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Haven't ran yet today though as the missus wanted a lie in. Feel a bit cheated on a Sat if I don't get out before 7am.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough.
              There's something wrong with you m9
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Aye in month 4 no booze ​​​​​​

Anyway just looked up accomodation, too ott.

Florence actually not too bad, found some nice hotels not huge money.
                Florence gets disgustingly hot and humid in the summer.

Better to go the mountains imo. Go visit sp's in-laws.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Florence gets disgustingly hot and humid in the summer.

Better to go the mountains imo. Go visit sp's in-laws.
                  twas unbearably hot when I was there in summer before.
                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

There's something wrong with you m9
                    Haha, maybe.

Although I like to think I'll look back on a balanced adult life.

The first half filthy fun, the second clean fun.

Get yourself out at 6am on a sunny June Sunday morning, in a pair of shorts, the world to yourself. It's drugz m9.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Could sleep be contributing? I'm definitely losing an hour a day with waking up early with the brightness.

Last Saturday I didn't close the curtains properly and it was like waking up in fucking New Grange.

I think that could actually be it. As our blinds broke (still have curtains) and things start being blindingly bright at 6am now. Have even started sleeping earlier as a result, for shame.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Haha, maybe.

Although I like to think I'll look back on a balanced adult life.

The first half filthy fun, the second clean fun.

Get yourself out at 6am on a sunny June Sunday morning, in a pair of shorts, the world to yourself. It's drugz m9.
                        ​​​​​​
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Have been to Florence twice. The second trip was a bit of an adventure.

The first time there we got off a train in the centre of the city. Hotel was 200m away. We hung around there mostly, within a km or so of the hotel, right in the heart of things.

Went back with two friends the next February, flew to Pisa and rented a car.

My memory of Florence was that it was similar to Dublin City centre in size. I had booked the hotel, a different one, and had a loose idea of where it was.

Headed there with just the name of the hotel, figured it would be grand.

Got stuck on the autostrada for about two hours behind a crash so we reached Florence at about 11pm. Wife and two mates sculling cans the whole trip.

Knew there was a problem straight away when I realised Florence isn't the size of Dublin City after all and is fucking ginormous.

No smartphones, so no googling and no Google maps.

Asked a few Italians did they know where the hotel was with no luck. Drove around the city for hours just hoping to stumble upon it.

Eventually found the place at 4.30am. The other three having ran out of booze hours earlier.

Great craic.

Comment

Italy's shite. It looks great on paper but in reality it's chock full of Italians. It's like that pub in town, TP Smiths. All it's got is a brass staircase. Nothing else about it makes it a good pub. Weird layout, no atmosphere, staff are rude and slow. They think having a brass staircase means they don't have to attend to the actual business of being a nice place to have a drink. Same thing with Italy but it's an entire country.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Dice

just finished week 1 of our 5 week rebuild
                              builder is one of the best I have worked with
                              great team and attention to detail
                              can put u in touch with him
                              windows man is very good as well
                              Cheers John, have a new lad sorted, managed to hammer him down to €30k cheaper than the other 3 lads i got to price it. Helps that I used babysit him. God Im old.

Comment

Italy's shite. It looks great on paper but in reality it's chock full of Italians. It's like that pub in town, TP Smiths. All it's got is a brass staircase. Nothing else about it makes it a good pub. Weird layout, no atmosphere, staff are rude and slow. They think having a brass staircase means they don't have to attend to the actual business of being a nice place to have a drink. Same thing with Italy but it's an entire country.
                                Best description of that pub I've heard, used meet Mrs for luches in there, hated the place. Might put that up on Tripadvisor

Comment

Looks like you got out of the wrong side of the bed this afternoon.

Comment

Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

But man... You REALLY gotta see the brass staircase, it's awesome!!!
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Presentingnewyork
                                        last race tramore

Comment

I met my girlfriend in that pub. I like to think I was on good form that night, but looking back it must have been the staircase.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Eye blinds work fine for me, only use them when I don't want to get up early.

silkyworld-500x500.jpg
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

GFYSP

Comment

Just got my appointment for Sun, Pfizer. Delighted it's in the Aviva, have never been.

Live 4km from Citywest though which is strange.
                                                Why do you need the vaccination if you already had covid?
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Looks like I got Glendalough on a quiet day . Result. Walked the legs off the two lads to the minning village . Backfired . Shoulders on the way back Wicklow gap my fav route there .

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

It's generally being recommended for longer term protection. Getting covid is being considered the equivalent of a first shot, so I'm assuming he'll only be needing the one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

I don't know enough to not get it.

Comment

One of those 'better to be looking at it than looking for it' scenarios.

Comment

Hope she's ok Mick. Pretty scary. I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on whether it's coincidence or not.

I think we'd know about it at this stage though if it wasn't.

On the flip side, my old man had been suffering chest pains for the last few years. They've disappeared after his Pfizer shots for some bizarre reason. Likely coincidence. Pains were likely anxiety related, I get them too, and the vax prob acted like a placebo on it.

I just trust the science Mick. If I have immunity from contracting it, the vax isn't going to undo that. So why not?

Comment

Mick, the risk of blood clots from taking paracetamol is something like 140,000 times greater, than AZ, I think more so with Pfizer.

People are advised to take Paracetamol after their shot.

Edit - am wrong on this, compared clot with clot death by mistake
                                                              Last edited by Lazare; 05-06-21, 21:25.

Comment

Hope she's ok Mick. Pretty scary. I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on whether it's coincidence or not.

I think we'd know about it at this stage though if it wasn't.

On the flip side, my old man had been suffering chest pains for the last few years. They've disappeared after his Pfizer shots for some bizarre reason. Likely coincidence. Pains were likely anxiety related, I get them too, and the vax prob acted like a placebo on it.

I just trust the science Mick. If I have immunity from contracting it, the vax isn't going to undo that. So why not?

I deffo got the placebo effect. I felt like even Kryptonite would not harm me afterwards . Then yanked my finger nail off the clips on a hard case . Not much blood , perhaps clotted . You are right to get the jab , stats n maths > shots n clots

Comment

Mick, the risk of blood clots from taking paracetamol is something like 140,000 times greater, than AZ, I think more so with Pfizer.

People are advised to take Paracetamol after their shot.

Israel has seen heart inflammation in young people but sure could be worse dunno where you are getting 140000 from paracetamol think you should get back on the drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Israel has seen heart inflammation in young people but sure could be worse dunno where you are getting 140000 from paracetamol think you should get back on the drink.
                                                                    275 cases among 5 million vaccinated people, and in 95% it was mild. You get a cool figure full of ones and eights if you divide 5 million by 275, it's 18181.8181818.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Haha, I should. You're right,
                                                                      have realised I compared the risk of a serious parac clot, with the risk of a vax clot death.

​​​​​​Although, the point still stands, a Panadol is considerably more dangerous than a Covid vax.

Comment

Apparently when a missile is fired at Israel the cardio cases rise tenfold (that's 10 x fold) and the sales of laxatives take a downturn . The pre and post vaccine counts are inconclusive, however it's safer now to visit yer granny in Tel Aviv

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                          Apparently when a missile is fired at Israel the cardio cases rise tenfold (that's 10 x fold) and the sales of laxatives take a downturn . The pre and post vaccine counts are inconclusive, however it's safer now to visit yer granny in Tel Aviv
                                                                          Would a missile being fired at you not tighten your sphincter though?
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Gerrup oura dat bed Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              Going to take a week off next week. Brainfog is a real thing. Shockingly unproductive. Everyone seems to be like it at the moment, wonder if its the weather?
                                                                              I found recently that I get dehydrated very easily. Have to remind myself to regularly drink some water, as I'll feel light headed before I'll actually feel thirsty. Pretty much get up around 6 regardless of the time of the year, just in the summer it is to the sound of birds making quite a racket.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I found recently that I get dehydrated very easily. Have to remind myself to regularly drink some water, as I'll feel light headed before I'll actually feel thirsty. Pretty much get up around 6 regardless of the time of the year, just in the summer it is to the sound of birds making quite a racket.
                                                                                Was watching an episode of Hospital during the week, think its called that, its on the BBC, filmed during covid...anyways, there was an old dude who had heart attack but survived, needed a valve replaced, his memory was very bad when he came out of the attack, basically thinking he was in a council meeting when he was in a hospital bed, team of surgeons were discussing whether to do open heart or keyhole, they were saying that putting someone with memory issues on the bypass machine would not end well, would only exacerbate the issue .... the brain fog one suffers after being on the bypass machine is real !
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Another interesting fact i heard yesterday, its very easy to throw the term billion around but what does it actually mean ? In terms of seconds...a million seconds is 11 days, a billion seconds is 31 years.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Get yourself a pack of diorolyte and have one before bed. I used them for hangover prevention, which is basically dehydration.

There's also a great product called Zero which does the same thing, electrolytes. Dissolvable tabs. The orange flavour ones are actually quite pleasant.

Comment

Get yourself a pack of diorolyte and have one before bed. I used them for hangover prevention, which is basically dehydration.

There's also a great product called Zero which does the same thing, electrolytes. Dissolvable tabs. The orange flavour ones are actually quite pleasant.
                                                                                        Nah, the water works fine. And I'm not taking extra salt unless there is a specific reason to do so.

Comment

Poor John Rahm. He should not have listened to Sickpuppy.

Comment

Nah, the water works fine. And I'm not taking extra salt unless there is a specific reason to do so.
                                                                                            Damn. Tried to bump you off.

Comment

Is Andy up yet?

Half the day gone.

Comment

Done and dusted in 20 mins over there, pretty slick operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  Done and dusted in 20 mins over there, pretty slick operation.
                                                                                                  Do you get to see much of the stadium? Never been.

Comment

Gerrup oura dat bed Andy
                                                                                                    I miss the days when a 6am post was someone who'd stayed up all night on Tribeca to separate the California monkeys from their money at $50 SNGs.

Comment

Is Andy up yet?

Half the day gone.
                                                                                                      Started work at at 08:55 so been up since 08:52 m8. How was your run?

Comment

Started work at at 08:55 so been up since 08:52 m8. How was your run?
                                                                                                        Ah good stuff, you can fit lots into three mins.

It was great, listened to a nice Adam Buxton pod that passed the miles.

Comment

Ah good stuff, you can fit lots into three mins.

It was great, listened to a nice Adam Buxton pod that passed the miles.
                                                                                                          Top podcast that. Like and subscribe.

Comment

Do you get to see much of the stadium? Never been.
                                                                                                            Premium level looking out over ground for the 10 min recovery area

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Premium level looking out over ground for the 10 min recovery area
                                                                                                              Cool. Just got a call from them to come in early. 2.30 now instead of 5.55.

Comment

Trump with his cacks on backwards is just too funny.

Obv piss stained himself with no time to swap.

Comment

Trump with his cacks on backwards is just too funny.

Obv piss stained himself with no time to swap.
                                                                                                                  Why do people keep making up and believing stuff like this about Trump when there is a wealth of true stuff they could legitimately use to mock him

and this one probably made it through all the same “factcheckers” who “debunked” the lab leak story last year

Comment

because there's a video where it really looks like he is wearing his pants the wrong way around

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

Why do people keep making up and believing stuff like this about Trump when there is a wealth of true stuff they could legitimately use to mock him

and this one probably made it through all the same “factcheckers” who “debunked” the lab leak story last year
                                                                                                                      Maybe he bends his legs the opposite way to other humans. That could explain those creases.

Best I read though was 'he's on the no fly list'

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

I have the time to do both.

Comment

Trump wearing his pants backwards it totally believable. However the fact that his aides allow him to do so is incredible. Surely they know he will be mocked.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X