Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched an incredible film last night, The Secret In Their Eyes. It's an Argentinian film from 2009 about a homicide case that spans several decades, set to the backdrop of the national events of the period. Highly recommended. The plot is brilliant, you can tell it's based on a book.

Comment

There seems to be a US remake, which I can image is a trash actionified version.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        There seems to be a US remake, which I can image is a trash actionified version.
        Yeah, it got pretty bad reviews. I'm half tempted to watch it to see how bad it is.

Comment

No 2 daughter has her site, mortgage, building spec all ready to go but it looks like there is little chance of finding a capable builder who will deliver at anything short of boomtime price gouging rates. Probably going to have to manage it themselves using direct labour or sit back for a couple of years until some sanity returns.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            The LPT guide valuations from Revenue seem way off in my area, like totally undervalued.

https://lpt.revenue.ie/lpt-web/valua...uide/index.htm
            3 bands undervalued here.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

GFYL - herself absolutely in awe of the scale of the samples pack. Basically her dream coffee table book.

Great to hear. She'll get future use of it from chatting to her, so she can hang onto it.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Friendly score bet for 1st call
                Sure why not.
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

3 bands undervalued here.
                  8 bands here.

Lock 'er up Revenue!
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    No 2 daughter has her site, mortgage, building spec all ready to go but it looks like there is little chance of finding a capable builder who will deliver at anything short of boomtime price gouging rates. Probably going to have to manage it themselves using direct labour or sit back for a couple of years until some sanity returns.
                    Sure you can charge her rent for a few more years.

I jokingly made that remark to Mrs D3 a few days back (charging adult kids rent) and she looked at me like I was insane. Surely plenty of parents do this?

Comment

You win HH - Tuesday appointment just came through.

Comment

9.15am Sunday in Aviva - sure may as well go all night

Comment

Just got my appointment for Sun, Pfizer. Delighted it's in the Aviva, have never been.

Live 4km from Citywest though which is strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Just got my appointment for Sun, Pfizer. Delighted it's in the Aviva, have never been.

Bag of cans?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

The missus the same . The Aviva. At 4pm. I'm City West. Go figure .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Bag of cans?
                                It's a sad state of affairs that a vaccine appointment could double as an IPB meetup
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I jokingly made that remark to Mrs D3 a few days back (charging adult kids rent) and she looked at me like I was insane. Surely plenty of parents do this?
                                  Apparently No 2 Prospective son in law who has been in residence since covid started hands up a few quid but I never see a bit of it, instead I go to Sheridan's buy a couple of bits nice cheese and he scoffs it, all of it, usually before I've got even a sniff of it. Seriously thinking of buying a second fridge with a lock!

Comment

9.15am Sunday in Aviva - sure may as well go all night
                                    Sounds like a good time from rambling in from the Jackpot... I'm sure you'd be able to find a nice friendly home game in An Lár to occupy you

Comment

All ye fckrs will have your second Pfizers before I get my second AZ... with the numbers on Delta looking so terrible for one dose of AZ I'm feeling a bit shortchanged. Was really hoping to go too London next week think it will be early August before I'll be able to get there now Grrrr.

Comment

Apparently No 2 Prospective son in law who has been in residence since covid started hands up a few quid but I never see a bit of it, instead I go to Sheridan's buy a couple of bits nice cheese and he scoffs it, all of it, usually before I've got even a sniff of it. Seriously thinking of buying a second fridge with a lock!
                                        In fairness he sounds like a keeper. He can maintain your cheese habit in your retirement.

Comment

nice to be able to accurately age ppl lol

Comment

All ye fckrs will have your second Pfizers before I get my second AZ... with the numbers on Delta looking so terrible for one dose of AZ I'm feeling a bit shortchanged. Was really hoping to go too London next week think it will be early August before I'll be able to get there now Grrrr.
                                            Oh you poor bollix
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

100% charge them!

The people I know who never kicked up money to their parents are the most tight fisted/selfish people I know. At one point two of my siblings had their partners basically living in my mother's house, i.e still living with their Mammy (who paid for everything) but splitting their time between both houses, would turn up for 3-4 days a week, eat as much as they like, lounge around hungover on the weekends because their own mother wouldn't believe they'd get so drunk etc. After six months of this they got the hump when told if you're living here you're kicking in money, no ifs or buts. They where back living with Mammy full time quickly after that. I'm not talking 18-21 year olds here, I'm talking 25-30 year olds working full time! Barely paid a bill or bought groceries in their life, never mind clean up after themselves!

Now, if they're in college and only working a single shift a week you might not but if they're doing a degree/diploma that's 12 hours a week and they're working another 12 plus, you'd probably cream a bit off the top.

Strewel, get that cheese eating lay about out protecting the veg from the sheep.
                                              Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 04-06-21, 15:40.

Comment

How on earth does Ryan Moore still pick the wrong one there? Won by the width of the track and then some

Or am I assuming he has the pick....

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                  nice to be able to accurately age ppl lol
                                                  not so much if you read the boards thread, it's pretty much all ages from mid-50s to 41 who are getting appointments right now

Comment

Bag of cans?
                                                    Haha, didn't spot your post until now.

Comment

Posted here a few months ago bragging about getting ours done for 70k ish thanks to brother in law being a big time builder doing us a favour.

Well I completely BBVd myself as the process has begun for him to no longer be my brother in law and he is no longer our builder.

FU BBV costing me an extra €60k
                                                      Wait, is he breaking up with your sister or you breaking up with his sister
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I deduce (a) given references to 'ours', and 'us.

But who knows, Dice may be getting with the cool kids and adopting non-binary personal pronouns.

Comment

I deduce (a) given references to 'ours', and 'us.

But who knows, Dice may be getting with the cool kids and adopting non-binary personal pronouns.
                                                          We are statistically due a spate of divorces on here TBF.

Comment

Having said that the Horsehead Elite probably favor discrete dalliances over unseemly divorces.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

100% charge them!

The people I know who never kicked up money to their parents are the most tight fisted/selfish people I know. At one point two of my siblings had their partners basically living in my mother's house, i.e still living with their Mammy (who paid for everything) but splitting their time between both houses, would turn up for 3-4 days a week, eat as much as they like, lounge around hungover on the weekends because their own mother wouldn't believe they'd get so drunk etc. After six months of this they got the hump when told if you're living here you're kicking in money, no ifs or buts. They where back living with Mammy full time quickly after that. I'm not talking 18-21 year olds here, I'm talking 25-30 year olds working full time! Barely paid a bill or bought groceries in their life, never mind clean up after themselves!

Now, if they're in college and only working a single shift a week you might not but if they're doing a degree/diploma that's 12 hours a week and they're working another 12 plus, you'd probably cream a bit off the top.

Strewel, get that cheese eating lay about out protecting the veg from the sheep.
                                                              Absolutely!

in my day it was chip in affordable amount when I was working. And at the very basic minimum you do chores

After the old dear died it was just me and the old man in the house. I used to cook for him a fair bit ..he was reared on meat and 2 veg but loved the Spag Bol I would make. "Can you have potatoes with this" he would say (you can take the man outta the bog)

Remember he would be looking askance at me the odd time I would order a chinese "how can you eat that ole muck"
                                                              gave him a taste and the next day I was asking him what he fancied for the dinner...Hes there "ah sure maybe we'll try some of that stuff you were eating last night" Hooked he was

Getting nostalgic now. I'd say my all time favourite thing to do as a kid and as an adult was help him with the garden in the Summer. Nice still warm evenings, raking leaves, no rush with anything, having a chat with neighbours and friends as they're passing ....hard to beat

Comment

Loose Bro in law terms - her sister

Deffo at that age as i know 3 couples well who are going through it and have spotted 2 neighbours with no husbands cars around lately bar fetching and dropping kids to stuff. Seems to be a 40-50 age group thing i guess (or lockdown!)

Comment

Loose Bro in law terms - her sister

Deffo at that age as i know 3 couples well who are going through it and have spotted 2 neighbours with no husbands cars around lately bar fetching and dropping kids to stuff. Seems to be a 40-50 age group thing i guess (or lockdown!)
                                                                  I expect divorce lawyers will be busier than builders post lockdown.

Comment

Would have been a load of serious affairs that got uncovered and hit the wall last year in lockdown 1.

The work excuse was gone and I'd say some crazies started banging doors down when they had enough.

Comment

Having said that the Horsehead Elite probably favor discrete dalliances over unseemly divorces.
                                                                      I think you mean 'discreet', although discrete works too.

Comment

I expect divorce lawyers will be busier than builders post lockdown.
                                                                        I'm more worried about the backlog of weddings that I would have been very happy not to go to. All postponed, rather than going with a more civilised event.
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

but loved the Spag Bol I would make. "Can you have potatoes with this" he would say (you can take the man outta the bog)
                                                                            That was my Dad too, and he couldn't be much more Dublin. Must be more an Irishman thing of a certain age.

Comment

Peru now with the highest Covid death rate in the world after their Govt changed the criteria for recording deaths. This was due to the high number of excess deaths (150%)

Over 1 in 200 of pop dead from Covid, Its actually 1 in 180 FFS. If you're elderly what would it be 1 in 25 ..lower?

The main cause of spread reported was being a lack of ownership of fridges...people converging on local markets as they have to get food in every couple of days. Such a basic simple item we all take for granted.

Unreal
                                                                              Last edited by dinekes; 04-06-21, 18:13.

Comment

Incredible story in the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...officers-death

Comment

not so much if you read the boards thread, it's pretty much all ages from mid-50s to 41 who are getting appointments right now
                                                                                  Oh I thought it was strictly by age. But I suppose in that case you would have been seen to many months ago.

Comment

Ruling needed - bet the wife a weeks putting kids to bed on who would be vaccinated first as we applied at same time. She went away at 10am to Galway with kids to her parents at 10am and got text at Athlone for tomorrow morning so hit new appointment as didnt want to trapse back. Thank fook as i have IPB Champ here since luchtime punting and gambooling

Anyway i am now Sunday morning so will be done first but she is arguing she got the first timed appointment lol. Win win really for me anyway as id have paid lots of zeros for the weekend break

Comment

Ruling needed
                                                                                      Neither of you have been vaccinated, so it's all still in play imo. A lot can happen between now and Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                        Neither of you have been vaccinated, so it's all still in play imo. A lot can happen between now and Sunday.
                                                                                        This is highly correct and hopefully not another case of me BBVing myself lol

Comment

Oh I thought it was strictly by age.
                                                                                          Yeah I got bumped by about a month because of the heart disease. Also didn't have to register myself, as the hospital did it for me.

Comment

I read this this morning and was amazed.

showing her his gun?
                                                                                            giving him a message?
                                                                                            300lbs black police officer.
                                                                                            Girlfriend of, essentially, the most powerful person in Belize’s son.

That whole thing has legs
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Recommendations please. I'd like to go to Italy for a week as have never been. My requirements are, not the usual spots ie Rome, Venice etc. Something kind of old style with plenty of sightseeing, nothing ott in price. No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink, but plenty of nice food and ice cream a beach a bonus but not pushed if none there.
                                                                                              I'm googling all night and am none the wiser.

Last short break was Lisbon and did a day trip to Cascais which was amazing.. I'd just like something different but to get alot out of it if ye get me.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                Recommendations please. I'd like to go to Italy for a week as have never been. My requirements are, not the usual spots ie Rome, Venice etc. Something kind of old style with plenty of sightseeing, nothing ott in price. No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink, but plenty of nice food and ice cream a beach a bonus but not pushed if none there.

Last short break was Lisbon and did a day trip to Cascais which was amazing.. I'd just like something different but to get alot out of it if ye get me.
                                                                                                Your requirements kind of bring Rome back into play.

Anyway stay in Sorrento , short boat to Capri, then tour volcano , Pompeii and Naples from there .

Florence is lovely . Plenty of amazing cities nearby . Tuscany is just class.

Comment

First of all, wut?

Lake Garda base and hour to Venice etc maybe?

Comment

First of all, wut?

Lake Garda base and hour to Venice etc maybe?
                                                                                                    Aye in month 4 no booze ​​​​​​

Anyway just looked up accomodation, too ott.

Florence actually not too bad, found some nice hotels not huge money.
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Posted here a few months ago bragging about getting ours done for 70k ish thanks to brother in law being a big time builder doing us a favour.

Well I completely BBVd myself as the process has begun for him to no longer be my brother in law and he is no longer our builder.

It’s a tough one break ups are never black and white and fallouts can be costly in lots of ways. I’ll have words with him at the next family do

Comment

Plenty of options in Italy.

- Go to Sciliy and rent a car. You will not be stuck for things to do.
                                                                                                        - Amalfi Coast as mentioned above. Options to visit Naples and Pompei in this area.
                                                                                                        - Cinque Terre. 5 picturesque rugged coastal towns linked mostly my foot or boat. Limited car/bus access but this is a good thing.

Comment

You win HH - Tuesday appointment just came through.
                                                                                                          Snap, up in the Helix.

Comment

I think you mean 'discreet', although discrete works too.
                                                                                                            Beautiful.
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'd go for Rome despite it being on your list of places not to go. It is a uniquely amazing and beautiful city and you'll walk around with creak in your neck from all the gawking at things. It genuinely is phenomenal.

Comment

Got on the bike this morning and ended up in Powerscourt. What a cycle, what a destination, and what a days weather to enjoy it all in.

Comment

Imagine this guy being your hero https://twitter.com/Forever_Wario/st...829613056?s=19

Comment

Santorini

Comment

"No mad nightlife as obviously no longer drink,"

Jaysus lads,
                                                                                                                      SatNav account has obviously been backed.

Better have Dom throw some Roubles at the HSE's new buddies.

Comment

Nice one Michelle on the booze front, so happy for you.

Am two months in myself and it's been a great decision so far.

I've been to Italy a few times, have been all over it between day trips and longer stays.

My favourite place of all was Florence (Firenze). The open top bus tour is a must.

Positano is mind blowingly beautiful though if you want a beach. It's a good workout for your legs, so be prepared for that.

No matter where you are though, the food will be incredible.

Visit a Trattoria for dinner, they're small family restaurants. The best ones have no menu, the Mama just feeds you her food.

Can't wait to go back.

Comment

Dice

just finished week 1 of our 5 week rebuild
                                                                                                                          builder is one of the best I have worked with
                                                                                                                          great team and attention to detail
                                                                                                                          can put u in touch with him
                                                                                                                          windows man is very good as well

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X