This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    For fucks sake Lazare, you're such an inconsiderate prick.

Are you talking about calendar Q3 or Fiscal Q3. The tax year in Australia runs from July 1st to June 30th.

I think you need to take a good long hard look at yourself in the mirror and try put yourself in Mellors position and how he feels right now.

Mellor - Hope you're OK hun?
    Fuck. Whichever Q is warmer.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

My son is currently learning to drive, has absolutely no interest but that's another matter, we live in the country and needs to learn. I understand its more structured now with logged lessons etc but what i find bizarre is after one lesson the instructor expected me to take him on a road and help him practice !

The guy couldn't figure out the biting point, let alone understand braking.

3 lessons in and he is understanding the fundamentals but cant see why i wont take him on the road without a dual control car, would love to tell the instructor to take him out without the benefit of having pedals on his side , its like after one flying lesson the instructor says work away and sits in the back, madness !

I understand a lot of folk would have messed around in the drive etc but he came from not knowing what the pedals did, had zero interest. Im sure it will all click in someday and he can drive me home from the pub.
      Three (two-hour) lessons done here also, and the idea of being able to drive after 12 hours does seem quite the reach. The first two hours was in a quiet estate where he tried to teach me how to start a car and use a clutch (wtf is with clutches), then the second lesson he says - alrighty, take a left, take a right, straight ahead, stop at the junction, and out you go. I'm there in my head thinking which is the thing for stopping the car (still not fully clear on that tbh). I feel there should be some learning level between giving a quick run-through of how to start and stop a car, and actually driving around like a driver, with all those driver responsibilities.

The best thing might be to get him some standby lessons to top up his existing lessons, rather than risking your own car, heart, and health.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I already have the Strewelpeter Super Salami™.

Opened up this monster at lunchtime to console myself with the shittiness of the weather.
        How are the Pizza's going for you ? I've run out of Salami from the amount that are being used on them! must reload soon don't think I'll make it over before winter (errm Q4, wouldn't like to offend HJ )
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

My son is currently learning to drive, has absolutely no interest but that's another matter, we live in the country and needs to learn. I understand its more structured now with logged lessons etc but what i find bizarre is after one lesson the instructor expected me to take him on a road and help him practice !

The guy couldn't figure out the biting point, let alone understand braking.

3 lessons in and he is understanding the fundamentals but cant see why i wont take him on the road without a dual control car, would love to tell the instructor to take him out without the benefit of having pedals on his side , its like after one flying lesson the instructor says work away and sits in the back, madness !

I understand a lot of folk would have messed around in the drive etc but he came from not knowing what the pedals did, had zero interest. Im sure it will all click in someday and he can drive me home from the pub.
          Would you not bring him out to an industrial estate or the likes at the weekend or at night?

Comment

Had a close one out running with the dog on a lead on a narrow bog road today, a jeep was coming along behind me and I glanced back saw it was a neighbour and that he was keeping as far as he could over which is still fairly tight and was going to pass me and the dog slow enough. What I didn't notice was that he was towing a wide trailer and once the jeep was past me I was starting to ease out and was barely able to get out of the way, I got a tiny scrape from the wheel arch, was very lucky not to get smashed up badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Three (two-hour) lessons done here also, and the idea of being able to drive after 12 hours does seem quite the reach. The first two hours was in a quiet estate where he tried to teach me how to start a car and use a clutch (wtf is with clutches), then the second lesson he says - alrighty, take a left, take a right, straight ahead, stop at the junction, and out you go. I'm there in my head thinking which is the thing for stopping the car (still not fully clear on that tbh). I feel there should be some learning level between giving a quick run-through of how to start and stop a car, and actually driving around like a driver, with all those driver responsibilities.

The best thing might be to get him some standby lessons to top up his existing lessons, rather than risking your own car, heart, and health.
              Lol, you probably don't even know the differences between four stroke and two stroke petrol engines, and diesel engines. Don't get me started on the Wankel engine.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

For me the biggest lesson in the reason for a clutch was using a lathe in metalwork which didn't have one. The sound of people changing speed/gear without switching the motor off has an memorable impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

How are the Pizza's going for you ? I've run out of Salami from the amount that are being used on them! must reload soon don't think I'll make it over before winter (errm Q4, wouldn't like to offend HJ )
                  Going great, the dough making was the hardest. Using Caputo Red now and got the hang of it. Got a proving box, stick the dough balls in that in a dark cupboard until ready to cook.
                  Also learned not to cook on the top heat, too hard to control. Cook on about 400c now, about 2 mins with a good few spins.
                  Pizza night once a week, even the vegetarian teenage dirtbag is all over it. All about the assembly line.

I think next I want to make a fancier sauce and experiment with a few more pizza styles. And start using it to cook some other stuff in a griddle pan.

But a great piece of kit and the 16" was an excellent call, ty.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The parma ham was the best thing on the pizzas imo, followed by very thinly sliced salami 'Happy'. The more flavoursome salamis don't seem to cook as well.

Comment

Wealthy is clearly 'anyone who earns more than me'.

Joking aside, we do have an awful habit of conflating income and wealth. As everyone correctly says, you can be on what seems like a high income but have fuck all disposable income, plus high debts and low assets. Remember that proper wealth formation in Ireland is a fairly recent thing.
                      The number of houses (probably 7 figures) with brand new Tesla's and Land Rovers outside around D6 is quite something. The cashflow to service all of that.

Comment

I guess jbravado​​​​​​ never went on the DMT retreat in the end
                        Why do so many people report encounters with seemingly similar entities after taking DMT?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          Is that Poots lad the best the DUP could russell up?
                          He said the loudest No so yes he is their messiah
                          A deluded fool leading a people into their chosen lands without borders

Comment

On the learning to drive lark, my Dad always said that our (me and my siblings) 18th birthday present would be driving lessons, if we wanted them.

One of my sisters and myself took him up on the offer (the other two regreted not doing it) so when I hit 18, I got a batch of lessons. I'm nearly sure back then (25 years ago) a lesson cost 12 punts an hour but when you bought a pack of 10, you got it for 110 quid. Could be wrong but am nearly sure that was it.

Anyway, the 10 hours wasn't enough. As far as the aul lad was concerned, you needed 200 hours of driving on top of the lessons before you sat your test. And there was to be no Tom foolery about it, all 200 hours would be in his car with him supervising the driving.

In fairness to him, it wasn't that I just drove him around to places he wanted to go to, he made the time and effort to get out for at least an hour long drive 3 or 4 times a week and every so often, we'd head off on a long drive, so for example we get up early on a Saturday morning, drive to Galway, have lunch and drive back. This was way before them there fancy motorways so that trip would get you 7-8 hours driving time.

In about 7-8 months, I'd racked up the 200 hours and went for the test. Aced it first time time round with no problems at all. At the time, as an impatient little bollix of an 18 year old, I was thinking 'what's this 200 hour shite about' but looking back, it makes total sense and was a genius idea. Either that or I'm turning into the aul lad quicker than I'm willing to admit.

Comment

Awesome! You will have to come up with another uplifting set of initials after starting strong with CLK.
                              Prime opportunity for SLK.
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Because its a solid white line and he's not allowed across it.

Even if he considers that having to wait for mass to finish constitutes an emergency when something is coming at him he has to stop. That she was falling because the he was flying towards them at speed and they were being forced to get out of his way. Absolutely crazy but wholly expected verdict
                                How much time do you think he had to consider all these options given he was driving around a corner? I think you’re being unfairly harsh.

Comment

When everyone's grandkids are saying JFM, AMJ, JAS, OND and calling you out for saying summer (some people don't even have seasons you seasonist! Maybe months being abstracted will then follow for some tribes sake) that is when I can point to RDIII and say people do not get more conservative as they age, the youth get more liberal than the previous gen while everybody else gets stuck in their ways. It's already happening with pronouns, non-binary and whatever else.

Comment

WFH discussion is interesting. I have been in Barbados since December. Would recommend

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Why do so many people report encounters with seemingly similar entities after taking DMT?
                                      Reminds me of this story.

He was accused of unlawfully importing 8.5kg of a substance called N,N-Dimethyltryptamine at Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport on November 13th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

How much time do you think he had to consider all these options given he was driving around a corner? I think you’re being unfairly harsh.
                                        He killed a woman though his driving. Is it fair to the woman family?

I really don't get your sympathy for the driver. On the wrong side of the road and going too fast. When I was learning to drive, it was hammered into me to always allow for the unexpected and drive accordingly.
                                        ​​​​​​
                                        it was a shocking bad verdict and an absolute disgrace.
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          Reminds me of this story.

He was accused of unlawfully importing 8.5kg of a substance called N,N-Dimethyltryptamine at Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport on November 13th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                            WFH discussion is interesting. I have been in Barbados since December. Would recommend
                                            Clearly I am wrong on the tax angle so.

How does it work?

Comment

Would you not bring him out to an industrial estate or the likes at the weekend or at night?
                                              I have tried. There is a reason control freaks are not driving instructors.
                                              His mother is taking him now, i really didnt want to have a falling out with him so took a back seat...literally.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

On the cyclist thing, I remember my Dad saying something to me a long time ago that stuck.

A kid on a bike cycled out in front of us, not too dangerously, 50m or so up the road.

My Dad said 'See that, whenever that happens you, don't look at the kid, watch out for his mate'
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anyone know a decent spot with outdoor screens?
                                                  Trying to book my brothers stags and all I can think of is courtyard in leixslip or toners /d2/diceys in town.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Congrats V.
                                                    Great news dude
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

How much time does it take to read the rules of the road?
                                                      It's as simple as this IMO - He crossed a continuous white line and that is at least careless but at the speed he was doing it's clearly dangerous.
                                                      I know the road very well and have seen the problem he faced at first hand going the other there had been an issue with people parking in a crazily dangerous manner to go to mass.
                                                      I don't expect him to reverse back and go the long way around but having crossed the line illegally I expect him at a minimum to move at a crawl and stop if anything comes towards him. Even at that I expect him to be held responsible for anything that happens as a result of his illegal action.
                                                      Turning around or waiting is the only legal way out but there were practical alternatives that would not have resulted in the cyclists death and that should have consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                        When everyone's grandkids are saying JFM, AMJ, JAS, OND and calling you out for saying summer (some people don't even have seasons you seasonist! Maybe months being abstracted will then follow for some tribes sake) that is when I can point to RDIII and say people do not get more conservative as they age, the youth get more liberal than the previous gen while everybody else gets stuck in their ways. It's already happening with pronouns, non-binary and whatever else.
                                                        I feel oppressed by this, even though I don't know how.

Comment

How much time does it take to read the rules of the road?
                                                          It's as simple as this IMO - He crossed a continuous white line and that is at least careless but at the speed he was doing it's clearly dangerous.
                                                          I know the road very well and have seen the problem he faced at first hand going the other there had been an issue with people parking in a crazily dangerous manner to go to mass.
                                                          I don't expect him to reverse back and go the long way around but having crossed the line illegally I expect him at a minimum to move at a crawl and stop if anything comes towards him. Even at that I expect him to be held responsible for anything that happens as a result of his illegal action.
                                                          Turning around or waiting is the only legal way out but there were practical alternatives that would not have resulted in the cyclists death and that should have consequences.
                                                          Had one years ago that im still not 100% who would be accountable.

On a windy part of the Naas - Blessington road stuck behind a learner doing maybe 40/50 kmh. We round a bend and the line turns broken so i go to pull out and overtake. Problem is this young boyracer in his Ma's Fiat Punto has come around the bend behind me doing at least 90. He has never been in my rearview mirror but as i ready to pull out he is literally alongside me right in my blindspot on the wrong side of a continuous white line. Thankfully I cop him last second but our wheelarches touch due to narrowness of the road (I didnt feel anything) . Anyway he eventually pulls her up about a mile down the road and we have a quick chat.

Comment

I have tried. There is a reason control freaks are not driving instructors.
                                                            His mother is taking him now, i really didnt want to have a falling out with him so took a back seat...literally.
                                                            Oh for sure there is an HiLarious () video of me freaking out with No2 Daughter as she is heading straight for something on my one and only attempt to sit in the car with her driving.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              Trying to book my brothers stags and all I can think of is courtyard in leixslip or toners /d2/diceys in town.
                                                              I'm not sure about decent, but madigans/living room.

And the George actually

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Would be surprised if open gate brewery don't stick a screen up in their outdoor spot for the euros.

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                  RDIII - where did you source your eames chair from?
                                                                  This place. Run by a nice Irish lady, good service.

Not sure what the post-Brexit story is though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Had one years ago that im still not 100% who would be accountable.

On a windy part of the Naas - Blessington road stuck behind a learner doing maybe 40/50 kmh. We round a bend and the line turns broken so i go to pull out and overtake. Problem is this young boyracer in his Ma's Fiat Punto has come around the bend behind me doing at least 90. He has never been in my rearview mirror but as i ready to pull out he is literally alongside me right in my blindspot on the wrong side of a continuous white line. Thankfully I cop him last second but our wheelarches touch due to narrowness of the road (I didnt feel anything) . Anyway he eventually pulls her up about a mile down the road and we have a quick chat.
                                                                    Thats a nasty one, favourite boy racer trick. I wouldn't be sure but I think its your problem as you pull out to overtake second.

Comment

Champions League final! Bouncing off the walls waiting for the game to start. Hoping no penalties but heard the ref has history with Pep. Apparently ref gave pep a red card.

Where's Chadley??
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Bloody hell. City have been playing with a DM all season and chose today of all days to play without one. Very classic Pep

Very attacking lineup for city. Which could be good or very very bad against the Chelsea counter.

Should be entertaining anyhow

Comment

I still shake my head at his lineup last year against Lyon in the quarters when all he had to do was play a normal team.

Comment

Expect City to hit 5. Chelski off the boil . Sterling an interesting pick as he sometimes goes missing but his pace should trouble them. Mahrez for 1st goal .

Comment

Foden for man of vf the match .

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                Champions League final! Bouncing off the walls waiting for the game to start. Hoping no penalties but heard the ref has history with Pep. Apparently ref gave pep a red card.
                                                                                Football's Eurovision.
                                                                                It's good they never clash.

Comment

Just one day of sunshine. At a weekend. That's all I ask.
                                                                                  Good stuff, your wish came true today.

If Monkeys Paw science is accurate (which is likely) there'll probably be horrible consequences for you though.

Comment

Some great Joey from Tyrone memes doing the rounds none better than this one

Comment

Some great Joey from Tyrone memes doing the rounds none better than this one
                                                                                      I'm about as tired of them as I am of gay twitter responding to Gemma O'Doherty's crap.

Comment

Good final this between Filthy Dirty Russian Money FC and Abu Dhabi Sportswashing City.

Hopefully FDRM FC don't regret all those other chances wasted in the first half.

Comment

Good final this between Filthy Dirty Russian Money FC and Abu Dhabi Sportswashing City.

Hopefully FDRM FC don't regret all those other chances wasted in the first half.
                                                                                          Is your son wearing his FDRM FC kit?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

Is your son wearing his FDRM FC kit?
                                                                                            He became an Arsenal supporter about three years back.

Obviously regretting this now.

Comment

He became an Arsenal supporter about three years back.

Obviously regretting this now.
                                                                                              You can only get away with one more change as a young lad, push him or get him into hockey and cricket.

Comment

England have some team for the Euros . Mount was brilliant tonight.

Pep really messed up his tactics .

Comment

Hon the blues!
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Viper stream is a decent way of watching dull soccer

Comment

John Terry getting kit on.
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

You can only get away with one more change as a young lad, push him or get him into hockey and cricket.
                                                                                                        He's actually quite good at the other two, but has no interest. All about the soccer but hopefully he grows out of it.

Best team won there anyway, wp.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Would be surprised if open gate brewery don't stick a screen up in their outdoor spot for the euros.
                                                                                                          That's a good shout

Comment

You can talk about Pep's team choice but a lot of those City players bottled it tonight whereas the Chelsea players didn't.

Comment

Galaxy brain Pep strikes again.

Was hopping mad when a few chances fell to Werner.
                                                                                                              Feared the worst when Silva went off.
                                                                                                              Not quite as much an underdog as 2012 but I still can't really let it sink in.
                                                                                                              Nice one for Havertz especially after getting a bad dose of covid affecting most of his season.

Dave was immense as was Rudi.
                                                                                                              Kova brilliant when he came on, pure class.
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ok Strewel I'll bite.

Have you ever seen / enjoyed a game of football?
                                                                                                                cos you seem to fucking watch it a fair bit like?
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

On the subject of driving tests,
                                                                                                                  whatever they test people on these days it's wholely inadequate ímo.

Daughter aced the test at 1st attempt
                                                                                                                  and it's no exaggeration to say that
                                                                                                                  sitting in a car driven by her
                                                                                                                  is the most terrifying experience
                                                                                                                  I've ever had ..... by an enormous margin.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                    You can talk about Pep's team choice but a lot of those City players bottled it tonight whereas the Chelsea players didn't.
                                                                                                                    I don't get why he starts Sterling after basically marginalising him most of the year?
                                                                                                                    I was delighted when I saw the citeh midfield.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                      Ok Strewel I'll bite.

Have you ever seen / enjoyed a game of football?
                                                                                                                      cos you seem to fucking watch it a fair bit like?
                                                                                                                      I think that was the first full game I've watched probably since lockdown, will probably watch some of the Euros.

Comment

Her test was also the momentwhen I realised
                                                                                                                        she had me by the short 'n' curlys.

On her 18th birthday she asked to be insured.
                                                                                                                        I played for time by pointing out she was heading abroad for university
                                                                                                                        so we'd wait for her to come home.

She then proceeded to take lessons
                                                                                                                        which I only found out about when
                                                                                                                        out of the blue she asked for a lift to her test.

Driving home with her certificate achieved
                                                                                                                        she acquired a doe eyed demeanor and
                                                                                                                        informed me her savings wouldn't stretch
                                                                                                                        to a car so she'd have to get a motorbike.

Needless to say my car insurance acquired
                                                                                                                        a named driver by the close of business.

Comment

Ah that was an unreal chelsea performance.

City only really started playing when Jesus came in. Other than that they were easy nullified.

kante was everywhere.
                                                                                                                          chillwell was class.

Next years PL gonna be great.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X