Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 to 1 shot Garrick Higgo Is worth a top 10 e way in the pga tomorrow. Won 2 in 3 weeks on the European tour recently

Stupid name covered also

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
      90 to 1 shot Garrick Higgo Is worth a top 10 e way in the pga tomorrow. Won 2 in 3 weeks on the European tour recently

Stupid name covered also
      <> American

Dude, respect the system FFS.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

We're definitely well and truely back.

Mrs Lao Lao turns a significant age in Sept. and Aimsir were releasing their overnight packages for July, Aug and Sept today at 1pm so I thought I'd nab one in Sept to mark the occasion.

15 course tasting menu dinner (excluding booze)
        Overnight accommodation
        Breakfast the next morning
        310 quid per person based on two people sharing

I was clicking refresh on the website from 12:55 and seconds after 1pm, the 'Buy Now' button pops up. Click away and the diary page opens up in another browser. Look for Fri & Sat dates in Sept and nothing. Go back and check Aug, all gone. July, all gone too. Recheck all three months. Yup, definitely all gone.

All tables for Fridays and Saturdays in all three months (26 nights) sold out in under 30 seconds.

All other days were sold out in a matter on minutes but that was irrelevant as really needed a Friday or Saturday.

Might be a good idea to start playing down the celebrations and setting the scene for a more modest dinner outing...

Comment

The Psychedelic Drug Trail starting on BBC 2 now - believe!

Comment

Higgo sounds like a lad from Drimnagh
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Elon's spaceballs will be overhead at 10.33pm.

Well, over Dublin

Comment

West to East, visible for 8x minutes.

Comment

No spaceballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    No spaceballs.
                    I did get to see the moon, which was unusual for me on a Wednesday evening.
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You're only a young fella, how did you swing that?
                      I know a fella who knows a fella. He had a few spare vials and my other mates a nurse. No problem
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

I know a fella who knows a fella. He had a few spare vials and my other mates a nurse. No problem
                        Shhhhhhhhhhputnik?

Sounds like an episode of Vipers Vax

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

A lad at work in his late 40s got jabbed yesterday. His missus was getting her 1st shot and they had leftover vials. He got the call but needed to leave work to be there in under 30 mins or someone else would get it.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

A lad at work in his late 40s got jabbed yesterday. His missus was getting her 1st shot and they had leftover vials. He got the call but needed to leave work to be there in under 30 mins or someone else would get it.
                            It's actually been very impressive how egalitarian the program has been. I think there were people who said that there'd be queue-jumping left, right and centre, especially if for those with the dollars to pay for it. Barring the couple of high-profile incidents (Beacon, Coombe etc), that hasn't happened at all. Would restore your faith in 'the system' a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Mrs Lao Lao turns a significant age in Sept. and Aimsir were releasing their overnight packages for July, Aug and Sept today at 1pm so I thought I'd nab one in Sept to mark the occasion.

Overnight accommodation

I was clicking refresh on the website from 12:55 and seconds after 1pm, the 'Buy Now' button pops up. Click away and the diary page opens up in another browser. Look for Fri & Sat dates in Sept and nothing. Go back and check Aug, all gone. July, all gone too. Recheck all three months. Yup, definitely all gone.

All tables for Fridays and Saturdays in all three months (26 nights) sold out in under 30 seconds.

All other days were sold out in a matter on minutes but that was irrelevant as really needed a Friday or Saturday.

Might be a good idea to start playing down the celebrations and setting the scene for a more modest dinner outing...
                              It's my wife's significant age birthday next month, and the plan from about 2 years ago was to do the chef's table in Chapter One for (we've both been a good few times before and it's always a delight, well worth the spend I think) for us and sibling couples. It's still the hope, but the question now will be when - very much doubt we'll be quick enough off the draw to get any date in 2021 whenever it becomes possible, and given what you've said I can now see people panic booking any and all dates available into the medium term!

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhputnik?

Sounds like an episode of Vipers Vax
                                Haha ah no. Apparently i class as some sort of low level healthcare worker due to working with a charity (?), didnt ask anymore questions and was able to register on the portal a while back
                                airport, lol

Comment

It's actually been very impressive how egalitarian the program has been. I think there were people who said that there'd be queue-jumping left, right and centre, especially if for those with the dollars to pay for it. Barring the couple of high-profile incidents (Beacon, Coombe etc), that hasn't happened at all. Would restore your faith in 'the system' a bit.
                                  They're literally horsing out jabs left, right and centre. I think the 7 day total was 280k as of yesterday. At this rate I'll probably get mine by the end of June (I'm mid 30s). I have a friend in her early forties with Asthma who should receive her 2nd dose in the next two weeks.

With any luck a trip abroad should be possible at the end of the summer or early autumn. Great to see this level of progress.

Comment

Covid Belly

The Missus (mid 40s) got some kind of injection as an appetite suppressant a few weeks ago – despite my protests that she needs to simply count the calories, no need for anything crazy. . Anyhow , in less then 3 weeks she has dropped 10kg. I’m not too comfortable with this route at all but apparently a safe route. Anyone here any experience of this type o thing ?

Comment

Overnight accommodation

Bring her to IKEA: it would definitely be a surprise and she would love it

Comment

Covid Belly

The Missus (mid 40s) got some kind of injection as an appetite suppressant a few weeks ago – despite my protests that she needs to simply count the calories, no need for anything crazy. . Anyhow , in less then 3 weeks she has dropped 10kg. I’m not too comfortable with this route at all but apparently a safe route. Anyone here any experience of this type o thing ?
                                        What did they inject, worms?
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

It's my wife's significant age birthday next month, and the plan from about 2 years ago was to do the chef's table in Chapter One for (we've both been a good few times before and it's always a delight, well worth the spend I think) for us and sibling couples. It's still the hope, but the question now will be when - very much doubt we'll be quick enough off the draw to get any date in 2021 whenever it becomes possible, and given what you've said I can now see people panic booking any and all dates available into the medium term!
                                          I'd say there's a crazy amount of pent-up demand for luxury experiences. Middle-class types who have been saving piles of cash throughout and have been promising themselves such things once we're out the other side.

Explain this to Mrs Ionapaul (who seemed like a rational person when I met her) and say that you will instead be taking her to mid-range suburban restaurant where you will order their second-cheapest bottle of champagne, to be followed by a romantic getaway in the nearest B&B. And you'll have money left over for breakfast rolls in the local Spar! Win all round - she will no doubt be doubly reassured about her choice of life partner too.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What did they inject, worms?
                                            Hmmm I might consider that for myself.

Comment

Covid Belly

Sounds like the kind of thing you could use short term, to help get into a wedding dress or whatever. Whatever it is isn't going to help in even the medium term imo.

Comment

I do love the image of solks standing there in full-on lecture mode about how there's no such thing as shortcuts, while his wife pops a pill and starts literally vanishing in front of him while he continues with his talk, albeit looking more and more confused as time goes by.
                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Bring her to IKEA: it would definitely be a surprise and she would love it
                                                  I'd be fairly confident that there is more enjoyable ways to instigate divorce proceedings

Comment

What did you do in the end about the job LaoLao? - maybe I missed an update

Comment

Got a nod for Hollywood West. Small ew. 4.45 Tipp

Comment

wow, they're allowing range finders on the course now? great for de chambeau when he's a mile offline tbh!

Comment

Had a conversation with the guy who runs the bus to glen-da-lough who I won't name in case he googles his bus company.

The conversation was about whether we could pre-book tickets from stillorgan, and he's going - well we just never know what our capacity is. We turn up some time and there's five people waiting and other times and there's 100. We never know what to do. But he's so nice that I feel it would ruin his genuine puzzlement at how to fix a problem that booking systems have fixed since Roman times. He even at some point suggested that a booking system would exasperate the issue. Now, he was really nice and said - look I'll ask the driver to make sure there are four seats on the bus for Saturday, because you missed going there the last time. And I thanked him profusely and we left it at that. But I just wish I'd made the case more for a booking system - for all those future tourists and families to be left by the roadside, when the answer is so incredibly clear!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Had a conversation with the guy who runs the bus to glen-da-lough who I won't name in case he googles his bus company.
                                                            Think you mean exacerbate! You could just get another bus into town and catch the Glendalough one from where it starts.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                              wow, they're allowing range finders on the course now? great for de chambeau when he's a mile offline tbh!
                                                              Less chances for him to be whinging about balls stuck under metal fences . Gorgeous looking course. Hopefully Dahmen has a big finish, a real good egg. Lowry might be suited to the course layout and wind. Big group for him this evening with DJ and Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Less chances for him to be whinging about balls stuck under metal fences . Gorgeous looking course. Hopefully Dahmen has a big finish, a real good egg. Lowry might be suited to the course layout and wind. Big group for him this evening with DJ and Sergio.
                                                                Course looks amazing. Wind keeps picking also, so only getting tougher. Are the range finders here for good or is it just a trial? Never seen them on the tour before.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Think you mean exacerbate! You could just get another bus into town and catch the Glendalough one from where it starts.
                                                                  It would add maybe an hour and a half to the trip. So, while it could be done, its not really the perfect option with kids in tow.

Comment

Course looks amazing. Wind keeps picking also, so only getting tougher. Are the range finders here for good or is it just a trial? Never seen them on the tour before.
                                                                    shite, Lowry out very very late

Comment

If everyone on both sides agrees that the person on trial is not guilty due to reasons of insanity why is everyone involved put through the trial ordeal with a jury?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                        Got a nod for Hollywood West. Small ew. 4.45 Tipp

Comment

Mentioned on here before that my one and only bit of jury duty left me in absolute despair about the general intelligence of the population. Was blatantly obvious the guy was guilty. Just saw there he was found guilty today for it by the special criminal court

Comment

*found guilty

Comment

Was on that creature at 16s, watching it go in all day. Wonder is it literally the IPB moved it, went off as 9/2. Never in contention unfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                If everyone on both sides agrees that the person on trial is not guilty due to reasons of insanity why is everyone involved put through the trial ordeal with a jury?
                                                                                wig heads need their money

Comment

Overnight accommodation

Fuck that. Head down to Aldridge Lodge.
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

wig heads need their money
                                                                                    These attempts to get Kayroo back are failing badly

Comment

Covid Belly

I heard of an injection you take everyday, like insulin, that suppressed appetite. Never heard of a monthly/once off one, but never looked into it either.
                                                                                      would only take a bit if chemistry magic

Comment

OK Hitch, we are in the system. You're looking like a 1/10 shot with 22 days to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                          I heard of an injection you take everyday, like insulin, that suppressed appetite. Never heard of a monthly/once off one, but never looked into it either.
                                                                                          would only take a bit if chemistry magic
                                                                                          It's a weekly injection. Hmm not happy with it tbh.

Comment

I've never paid for Microsoft Office nor tried to download a free version on my home laptop - always been happy to use the admittedly limited Apache Open Office for docs or spreadsheets.
                                                                                            After a reboot yesterday (quite possibly the first since March) I suddenly seem to have Word & Excel on my laptop.
                                                                                            Something to be worried about, or just accept it and move on?

Windows 10, Hewlett-Packard, Blue.

Comment

Find the drug name and check the side effects.
                                                                                              the one I mentioned was linked to depression and a few other.

Comment

So there's no such thing as a free skipped lunch?

Comment

was reading up on this yesterday as well. seems to work incredibly well, but once you're off it, people tend to revert to old habits (as usual)

Some of the people on the 15-month trial lost more than a fifth of their body weight.

Comment

Jesus will they ever pay the fucking Russians.

This is a worse HSE scandal than Cervical x Savita x Covid Incompetency. AND RTE HAVE GEORGE FUCKING LEE WRITING ARTICLES AND REPORTING ON IT.

I want to see them laid bare by a decent Cyber Security journo but haven't seen it.

Need Strewel back in here for a good concise rant on why the whole operation should be sacked on the back of this pure shit show.

The super injunction that was granted, makes it illegal to report about any data that is circulating is more to protect the HSE and not the patients whose medical history is out there? Can they extend the injunction to make it illegal to report when someone finds out that they paid for it?

Comment

A 15-month trial of almost 2,000 people showed participants given the drug lost 15kg on average, in comparison to just 2.6kg for those given a placebo

this fella?
                                                                                                      I guess the hope is she reaches a weight she's happy with and then does it herself?
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jesus will they ever pay the fucking Russians.

This is a worse HSE scandal than Cervical x Savita x Covid Incompetency. AND RTE HAVE GEORGE FUCKING LEE WRITING ARTICLES AND REPORTING ON IT.

I want to see them laid bare by a decent Cyber Security journo but haven't seen it.

Need Strewel back in here for a good concise rant on why the whole operation should be sacked on the back of this pure shit show.

The super injunction that was granted, makes it illegal to report about any data that is circulating is more to protect the HSE and not the patients whose medical history is out there? Can they extend the injunction to make it illegal to report when someone finds out that they paid for it?
                                                                                                        The problem with this is the group behind the software, also took a swing at U.S pipelines last week and got shut down.
                                                                                                        I went down a rabbit hole yesterday tracing the bitcoin wallets in use and the money sent to them, apparently US intelligence went after their servers and seized wallets.
                                                                                                        Whether this is true or not isn't really the point.
                                                                                                        What they were doing was franchising the ransomware to other actors then taking a cut of the proceeds. Given the portal site used to manage attacks and generate keys to unencrpyt data is gone, the users that were francisees are left holding the bag.
                                                                                                        And who now may lack the know how to undo what they've done. Or may shoot for the moon ransom wise as they won't get to use the service again.
                                                                                                        The group apparently distrubuted keys to all actors and I've heard the HSE has been given keys due to "scene" outrage at a health service being targetted.
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          My guess would be that justice needs to be done in public, we can’t just all “agree” someone is insane as it could lead to serious issues.

Comment

Knew I didn't stand much chance of getting just mustard tickets.

Seems like it would be something up your street Benny?

Comment

was reading up on this yesterday as well. seems to work incredibly well, but once you're off it, people tend to revert to old habits (as usual)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56011979
                                                                                                              I’m sure it does what it says on the tin. Suppresses hunger. But yeah, can imagine zero change to lifestyle going forward.

As as much as changing habits are important long term. Not consuming calories at any point can never really hurt the waistline.

Comment

Nice place for Bradley FRL. Looks fairly wide open still. Very enjoyable viewing last night bar watching Lowry miss everything on the greens.
                                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Yeah that the one Shrap/DP

Even though I need to lose weight, I'm not sure I want my appetite messed with . Eating is one of lifes pleasures .
                                                                                                                  the battle will continue .

The murder in Newcastle verdict. Some right fuckers online wanting blood. Jaysus the whole thing is done , on to prevention.

What lively and lovely children though . Heartbreaking.

Comment

Charles Spencer must have got his understanding of irony from Alanis

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                      Nice place for Bradley FRL. Looks fairly wide open still. Very enjoyable viewing last night bar watching Lowry miss everything on the greens.
                                                                                                                      I love nothing better than dozing off watching the golf. (And eating of course?)

The course is a monster . I cant imagine I'd get near 100.

Comment

I love nothing better than dozing off watching the golf. (And eating of course?)

The course is a monster . I cant imagine I'd get near 100.
                                                                                                                        yeah it’s meant to be impossible for ams even off forward tees
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

George called it a Randomware attack three times on Monday
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X