This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Good stuff, Oleras. I've also lost a fuckload of weight and completely debloated by cutting out all my IBS triggers and basically only eating fresh prepared food since January. No cider, only drinking shorts with diet mixers to cut out the sugar. I haven't stood on a scales but I've gone from 38" jeans being tight to 35's being loose. I'll need a whole new wardrobe! Looking forward to seeing how much easier playing football will be when I'm not carrying so much weight and without a belly in the way. This username was ironic when I first made it back in 1998, let's see if I can keep it that way.
    Fair play, that's amazing.

I've gone the opposite way, I weighed myself recently and couldn't believe it. I find it very hard to motivate myself to do any sort of fitness if there is no competitive part to it. I'm thinking of getting a pelaton or similar so I can race people.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I would guess only if you forgot you had it, would not have made sense to not sell when it hit 1k, let alone 10k no ?

Was drunk a few weeks ago and bought 8k of ETH, arounf 4.5 coins, in a few weeks they went to 8.4, i made 400 profit after fees, just in the 2 weeks since i sold them they have nearly gone up 1k/coin...thats over 4k i left behind seemingly, but they could have just as well gone to half what i paid.( I feel like Hitch...) Profit is profit.

Bought €500 of OMG maybe 2 months ago cos the name was funny, sold them 10 mins ago for 1.1...proably go to 2k by end of the weekend...lol

Im a pussy investor basically.

This is the same mistake I've seen a couple of times here recently. If you buy something without really understanding it you aren't an investor. You'll never make a lot of money on a trade when you hold something you don't understand, because you'll always sell too early.

Hitch recently bought ETH for no particular reason, held it for a little while, sold it for BOI shares, then sold them for shares in Decentraland. Each trade would have made a fortune had he held on it. (Except the last one prob )

Whenever you buy an individual stock or share, consider where you are on the human centipede of information.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

This is the same mistake I've seen a couple of times here recently. If you buy something without really understanding it you aren't an investor. You'll never make a lot of money on a trade when you hold something you don't understand, because you'll always sell too early.

Hitch recently bought ETH for no particular reason, held it for a little while, sold it for BOI shares, then sold them for shares in Decentraland. Each trade would have made a fortune had he held on it. (Except the last one prob )

Whenever you buy an individual stock or share, consider where you are on the human centipede of information.

Are you saying there is actual fiscal information on Cryptos? Or just more of a "are you following the people who are trying to control the pyramid (scam)" everyone else?

Not having a go, just curious on thoughts, despite the wording.

Comment

Just off to bed but watching the end of "Premier League Years" from 2000/01. Seems like yesterday looking at players like Keane, Carbone, Rebrov, Rio etc

Just occured to me though it would be like my aul lad explaining the 1959 season to me if i were to explain the 2000 season to my kids in 35 years time (2056) - if that makes sense.

Fuck me im old now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Just off to bed but watching the end of "Premier League Years" from 2000/01. Seems like yesterday looking at players like Keane, Carbone, Rebrov, Rio etc

Just occured to me though it would be like my aul lad explaining the 1959 season to me if i were to explain the 2000 season to my kids in 35 years time (2056) - if that makes sense.

Fuck me im old now.
            If Back To The Future was filmed now Marty would head back to 1991 to sort his oul wan and oul fella out.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Fuck me im old now.
              You think you're old, I got an appointment for my vaccine today

I was born equally close in time to both of these

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So you have complete knowledge of the markets your trade in and are certain to 'make a lot of money'. Nice.
                I guess some less hubristic mortals are guided by the simple principle that profit is profit, and pretty hard to come by, without being Captain Hindsight of course.
                Let me get this straight, you see selling ETH, for example, at a 100% profit a mistake?
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

You think you're old, I got an appointment for my vaccine today
                  Are you getting the Pfizer one?
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Are you getting the Pfizer one?
                    AstraZeneca.
                    Signed up last Monday when the page opened and the text arrived last night, a few others I know who signed up on Monday got appointments as did a woman I know who shouldn't have been qualified to sign up until Wednesday...unless she's been lying for decades about being a couple of years younger than me

Comment

SNP look to have a majority with Greens. Sturgeon comes out saying she is looking to have a referendum before 2023, and will go to high court if declined by Westminster.Timing seems off to me.
                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                        SNP look to have a majority with Greens. Sturgeon comes out saying she is looking to have a referendum before 2023, and will go to high court if declined by Westminster.Timing seems off to me.
                        Why wait, to see the effects of Brexit play out a bit more is it?
                        Get the ball rolling imo.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

AstraZeneca.
                          Signed up last Monday when the page opened and the text arrived last night, a few others I know who signed up on Monday got appointments as did a woman I know who shouldn't have been qualified to sign up until Wednesday...unless she's been lying for decades about being a couple of years younger than me
                          How did your father get on with his?, any after effects felt?. How's he keeping in general?.

Comment

AstraZeneca.
                            I'm next in line I think - the ol mid 50s has beens.

as a result of my right knee saga I've curtailed the running for the last few months. Took up a 150km walking challenge for April and turned into an eating machine so put on weight despite the walks. Cant out walk a savage diet.

Comment

Dave Chappelle on the latest Rogan !!!!
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                So €100 worth of Dogecoin this time last year is worth €30,000 today. Nice. Anyone on this rocket?
                                Elon Musk is on SNL tonight. Hes a supporter of Dogecoin
                                Amazing that it's the 3rd biggest* coin by market cap and was originally set up as a joke coin (I'm not in on the joke)
                                Dont know what format SNL takes in terms of interviewing guests etc but a throwaway comment from Musk could <> the value substantially.

Mad Ted

* Actually 4th just in case anyone goes rushing to buy.
                                investments may go down as well as up
                                Last edited by dinekes; 08-05-21, 16:24.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                  Dont know what format SNL takes in terms of interviewing guests etc but a throwaway comment from Musk could <> the value substantially.
                                  The format is the guest presenter gets to to a @3or4min monologue to start the show, followed by pre-recorded or totally scripted and rehearsed sketches and bits. There is no 'interview', and the monologue and 'live' music bits are the only chance to ad lib. More chance Miley Cyrus does something interesting imo.
                                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 08-05-21, 16:43.

Comment

Somehow that lead me to Joe Pesci on SNL the week after Sinead O'C tore up the popes pic. How times have changed

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

How did your father get on with his?, any after effects felt?. How's he keeping in general?.
                                      No effects at all and he's been in great form recently, I mostly leave the racing or some other sport on TV for him to look at and you wouldn't think he's taking it in at all but sometimes I'll mention something about a jockey or trainer and he'll say something like I saw he had a winner last week and when I check he's spot on. Amazing really because in his head he's mostly living in a version of the 1940's but can pick and choose the bits he wants to tune in to.
                                      Still can't believe we managed to keep the virus away from him, some effort from all the various carers who are coming in and out to him all the time.

Comment

Are you saying there is actual fiscal information on Cryptos? Or just more of a "are you following the people who are trying to control the pyramid (scam)" everyone else?

It depends on whether you are investing in Dogecoin or Ethereum

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

So you have complete knowledge of the markets your trade in and are certain to 'make a lot of money'. Nice.
                                          I guess some less hubristic mortals are guided by the simple principle that profit is profit, and pretty hard to come by, without being Captain Hindsight of course.
                                          Let me get this straight, you see selling ETH, for example, at a 100% profit a mistake?
                                          Yes of course it's a mistake. You should leave a trade because it is now a bad trade, but not because you've made some predetermined amount of money. Look at the history of Peter Lynch or Warren Buffet - they made their fortunes by investing in companies and earning many multiples on their money.

If you don't know why you entered a trade (other than the number go up) you can't know when you should leave.

The first few minutes of this great speech by Peter Lynch covers this exact subject:

In this video Peter Lynch offers 8 investing rules for all beginner investors to follow. They're simple but the hard thing is sticking to them!📊 Sven Carli...

Comment

The number of Covid-19 patients in public hospitals has halved in the past month.

It has dropped to 110 - the lowest since September 27.

Four hospitals have only one Covid patient and seven have none at all.

Former HSE director-general, Tony O'Brien, said he expects the sharp decline to continue over the next month or so.
                                            Winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

as a result of my right knee saga I've curtailed the running for the last few months. Took up a 150km walking challenge for April and turned into an eating machine so put on weight despite the walks. Cant out walk a savage diet.
                                              Remember hearing this GP (I think a GP anyway) saying that the body always tries to get back to its heaviest weight. Bit bollocky that! Anyhoo will be going on a weight loss plan next week. Reducing alcohol intake (not going to cut out completely) Drinking more water (fills you up a bit before meals and good anyway) Reducing carb portion size increasing veg plus loads of excercise

Typing this while waiting for my medium pizza..drool
                                              Clowns fucked up the order and put chicken instead of mushroom - cant stand chicken on pizza - too hungry to go back - picked off the chicken. Take away service is shite these days. Got a refund from another pizza company when they screwed up recently.

Basically what RD3 said...drink..kebabs..yeehaaaw

Last edited by dinekes; 08-05-21, 19:30.

Comment

I watched Bridge of Spies over the weekend, a cold war Drama. I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Great screenplay, great performances, great film.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Can't outrun it either, I'm up about 8Kg on last years low despite running >2500Km since the start of lockdown, would be eating a reasonably clean diet too if I wasn't using large quantities of bread as a butter delivery system

Comment

I watched Bridge of Spies over the weekend, a cold war Drama.
                                                    Haven't seen it but would rather fuck any random woman before Tom Hanks.

Comment

Pissed off that I've broken the camera on my phone, it's a Huawei P20 and three years on its running as smooth as the day I got it. Would be completely happy to replace it with a new Huawei but it looks like they are completely cut off from Google.
                                                      I can't really see how that is going to work, a quick look online shows what looks like a right pain in the arse procedure to sideload the play store. Is there no easy way to make it work?

If that's not an option then what's a good alternative? 5G, good camera, hardwearing and the loudest possible built in speaker are what I'm after - Samsung s21 or a OnePlus9 both fit the bill but are are silly money.

Comment

My very exciting today news is that a coin I bought over the last two weeks decided to pretty much DOUBLE today. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/seedify-fund/ I fail to see how that's not investing. Where's my investing oscar.
                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I watched Bridge of Spies over the weekend, a cold war Drama. I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Great screenplay, great performances, great film.
                                                          Originally posted by Hectorjelly
                                                          If you don't know why you entered a trade (other than the number go up) you can't know when you should leave.

The first few minutes of this great speech by Peter Lynch covers this exact subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLIxSL1v79g
                                                          Would it help?

Comment

In fairness, I sold ETH because of moving to Ireland expenses. Then put the winnings on Joe Biden on AIB, which has doubled. I still own €10k shares in AIB, so I'm grand there. Mainly DOT and TheSandbox LAND as the new investments.

On the downside - I realised SORARE was grand, but a bit dodgy as its all about pay-to-play so there's no real opportunity to do something interest. So sold off my Korean team for half price, booking a maybe €500 loss. Still a bit up though, but its mad money - as in, its the riskiest of risky investments.

Comment

Pissed off that I've broken the camera on my phone, it's a Huawei P20 and three years on its running as smooth as the day I got it. Would be completely happy to replace it with a new Huawei but it looks like they are completely cut off from Google.
                                                              I can't really see how that is going to work, a quick look online shows what looks like a right pain in the arse procedure to sideload the play store. Is there no easy way to make it work?

If that's not an option then what's a good alternative? 5G, good camera, hardwearing and the loudest possible built in speaker are what I'm after - Samsung s21 or a OnePlus9 both fit the bill but are are silly money.
                                                              OnePlusNord is a fantastic phone, and has the complete OnePlus8 (not 9) camera in it. €400 squids.

Comment

Haven't seen it but would rather fuck any random woman before Tom Hanks.
                                                                In your opinion who are the most fuckable movie stars?

Comment

Just reading back, as I'm in still in pieces after the Blessington Greenway, some top quality posts earlier.

Comment

I think Hanks is at his best playing characters from that era.
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                      Be very interesting to see, once covid is defeated and thoughts turn to 'normal' politics, what shape that takes across the world.

Scotland...not sure I would back them to bite the independence bullet, even now. 2025-ish would seem like more sensible timing.

Comment

In your opinion who are the most fuckable movie stars?
                                                                        Brad Pitt.

Comment

Musk

Comment

Brad Pitt.
                                                                            Urghh hes a bloke dude.

Comment

I see my 14 ethereum would now be worth €45,000. No biggie.

Comment

This lad in the HHE?

Comment

Ulster Blackwater 3.45 leopardstown

Comment

To my shame I had never seen an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm until this week.
                                                                                    After 3 episodes it looks like it's going to be a great watch.
                                                                                    Big shout out to Better Call Saul as Porno Gil in the 3rd episode, just superb.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1693522&d=1620548491&type=thumb
                                                                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        To my shame I had never seen an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm until this week.
                                                                                        The Carlos Bianchi clip is worth a reappearance

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                          Ulster Blackwater 3.45 leopardstown
                                                                                          Misread this as Ulster Backwater and thought it was a dairly cheeky, if accurate, name.

Comment

You would have to have serious mental deficiencies to find SNL funny at the best of times but Jesus the snippets I’ve watched if musks appearance are unbelievably awful.
                                                                                            snl and Rogan are about the level for him and his cringe cheerleaders though

Comment

this better not be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

this better not be true.

A former Managing Director of C&C, Mr. Frank Murphy, was a member of the Blackrock Swimming Club that used to go swimming in the open sea baths in Blackrock. After training on a Sunday morning they would go to O’Rourkes pub in Blackrock for a drink. Their favourite drink was a combination (shandy) of Club Orange and Club Lemon from whence came the name, Rock Shandy.

Comment

The Musk effect on crypto must be a dent in its credibility.

Comment

Jesus https://www.independent.ie/regionals...-29275407.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      I see my 14 ethereum would now be worth €45,000. No biggie.
                                                                                                      Well at least you made a profit. As the old saying goes..
                                                                                                      "one in Kate Bush is worth two in the hand"

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        Must rewatch CYE, brilliant.

Comment

Oh yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            Oh yeah

All he needs now is a phased plasma pulse rifle in the 40 watt range and hes all set.

Comment

Oh yeah

yay, new ways to kill arabs, party on.

Comment

Oh yeah

Not a patch on LA Olympics Flying Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

My very exciting today news is that a coin I bought over the last two weeks decided to pretty much DOUBLE today. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/seedify-fund/ I fail to see how that's not investing. Where's my investing oscar.

For the love of god, what I am about to say is not financial advice. We know that, but I need future lawyers to know that also. But I've been following something silly for a week, that might be about to pop tomorrow. It's Memes Token. In the Telegram group they were saying there is a big article coming out tomorrow (in bsc.news, which is a widely read website for new listings) and they have just got permission to list on a decentish new exchange. The thing is worth nothing, obviously. But its also valued as something worth almost nothing, so maybe the minor good news tomorrow and the inherent humour of turning memes into an NFT trading network (the reason their launch is deemed newsworthy) will lead to a spike. I purely mention it as its maybe more useful to say these things before than after. I suspect this might be a new low for BBV.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-05-21, 16:55.

Comment

Non-alcoholic shandies are known as "rock shandies". Rock = Ice.

Last edited by Wombatman; 09-05-21, 20:03.

Comment

Just dipped my toe into the 2020 En-Primeur season with a couple dozen bottles. Only a few releases so far so expect there will be several more purchases over the next few weeks,

It does feel somewhat odd to be purchasing again when delivery of last years purchases are still 10 months out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                        Just dipped my toe into the 2020 En-Primeur season with a couple dozen bottles. Only a few releases so far so expect there will be several more purchases over the next few weeks,

It does feel somewhat odd to be purchasing again when delivery of last years purchases are still 10 months out.
                                                                                                                        I've never done it myself, who do you go through? James Nicholson always seems to have offers on the go.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I've never done it myself, who do you go through? James Nicholson always seems to have offers on the go.
                                                                                                                          I go through Millesima in Bordeaux. Free delivery on all En-Primeur wines.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X