This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Quarter of a million jabs is apparently the target this week and pushing upwards through the remainder of May\June as we get heavier supply.

I am randomly predicting I will be jabbed on the 12th of June.
    I'm not sure if we could betify this, but I think it'll be a fair bit more like June 4-5th.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I'm not sure if we could betify this, but I think it'll be a fair bit more like June 4-5th.
      We could bet alright. Post pictures of our jabbed arms to validate.

It would certainly be a bet I'd be happy to lose as I think I'm a couple of years older than you.

HH to have got first jab by 5th June, I'll take the overs.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sure you'll be jabbed way before me, surprised you haven't been done already
        I'm old but not yet for me . Mid 50s can reg but no jab yet .
        then I have to bring my birth cert as they will no doubt ask if I've brought my father in for his jab. Tis a curse being so youthful at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
          Tis a curse being so youthful at times.
          Who are ya tellin'?

I actually got carded in a bar last time I was in NY (2019). Was one of the crowning achievements of my life.

Comment

I wonder how many people have the clarity of mind about their own mortality though to actually write down in unambiguous terms what should happen to their body after they die, and what the 'arrangements' should be. Guessing that very few is the answer which then leaves the decision to the next of kin.
            Yep.

Comment

We could bet alright. Post pictures of our jabbed arms to validate.

It would certainly be a bet I'd be happy to lose as I think I'm a couple of years older than you.

HH to have got first jab by 5th June, I'll take the overs.
              well I was thinking more to betify when you will be jabbed. you're a 'standard case' - a simple age based jabbing point. So the bet would be more on the speed of national roll out rather than anything else.

Comment

I *may* or may not qualify for early jabbing, so it wouldn't be a fair race to compare between us.

Comment

I *may* or may not qualify for early jabbing, so it wouldn't be a fair race to compare between us.
                  ah yes, I had forgotten that you are a physical wreck of a human being.

OK, so if I stick with 12-June for the prime physical specimen that is myself (age 47), does that work?

Comment

Again, old cunce.

I'm in the flipping 25 year olds category.
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                      Again, old cunce.

I'm in the flipping 25 year olds category.
                      It goes on actual age, not mental age!

Comment

Not the worst idea I've ever heard tbf

I wonder how many people have the clarity of mind about their own mortality though to actually write down in unambiguous terms what should happen to their body after they die, and what the 'arrangements' should be. Guessing that very few is the answer which then leaves the decision to the next of kin.
                        I have something along those lines along with a few things that would need sorting plus a list of all my various accounts. Just to take all of the hassle out of it.

Comment

Who are ya tellin'?

I actually got carded in a bar last time I was in NY (2019). Was one of the crowning achievements of my life.
                          That's an achievement in NYC. In California that'd be standard but not New York.

Comment

I'd be all over RDs unders (June 12th for Healthy 47 year old).

Mother is 61. Text yday, Jab Tomorrow.

May 30th is the line i'd set for that bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

That's an achievement in NYC. In California that'd be standard but not New York.
                              It was out in a suburb (Bronxville), the downtown or Brooklyn bars don't seem to care as you say.

Comment

It goes on actual age, not mental age!
                                Yeah but I'm going off this from the gov allocation groups:

In the following order:

64-55 years
                                54-45 years
                                44-35 years
                                34-25 years
                                24-16 years

The day I heard they were thinking about skipping some groups to get the youngest done next was the day I thought about emigration!
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

ah yes, I had forgotten that you are a physical wreck of a human being.

OK, so if I stick with 12-June for the prime physical specimen that is myself (age 47), does that work?
                                  Okay let me do the unders. I think you will be running around licking random people by the 12th you'll be so vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I have something along those lines along with a few things that would need sorting plus a list of all my various accounts. Just to take all of the hassle out of it.
                                    Its grim, but should be done. I tried to think of it before going in for the heart operation, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Which is awful selfish really. Just thought about it again because of my uncles funeral recently and my mum handling his stuff.

Comment

In the following order:

64-55 years
                                      54-45 years
                                      44-35 years
                                      34-25 years
                                      24-16 years

The day I heard they were thinking about skipping some groups to get the youngest done next was the day I thought about emigration!
                                      That's not how the people actually doing the vaccinations (HSE) categorise and organise the age groups.

Sorry to break the news of your impending middle age.

Comment

Okay let me do the unders. I think you will be running around licking random people by the 12th you'll be so vaccinated.
                                        done, if true I will be happy to pay you 50 bananas

if not, you can fund the purchase of some alcohol to take my mind off it

Comment

In the following order:

64-55 years
                                          54-45 years
                                          44-35 years
                                          34-25 years
                                          24-16 years

That's a but dated. There have been loads of different version since. Currently they are going along with the 50-59 followed by 40-49 year olds and so on. It could change tomorrow, but that will be the general gist it seems like now. I'm hoping to get my first one in early June, and expect they will be registering people in their 40's in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Quarter of a million jabs is apparently the target this week and pushing upwards through the remainder of May\June as we get heavier supply.

I am randomly predicting I will be jabbed on the 12th of June.
                                            Tenner on the overs for the sweat

Gambooling has really ramped up during lockdown​​​​​​

Edit - i see i missed the boat

Comment

That's not how the people actually doing the vaccinations (HSE) categorise and organise the age groups.

Sorry to break the news of your impending middle age.
                                              To be fair I am thinking about getting another motorbike so am prob on my 2nd or 3rd midlife crisis at this stage.
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

I think they have to go down that route to get paid via the Dad's insurance.
                                                The only thing that jumps out from that story is the child called Francie.
                                                They'd only be doing this in the case of suspected fraud or no insurance
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Chicago Town microwave pizzas for lunch. There's a blast from the past. Was trying to find Findus crispy pancakes to introduce the kids, but couldn't see them anywhere. Are they not widely sold anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    In other news. This is a bit of a mad story.

https://www.independent.ie/news/thre...-40391171.html
                                                    I was meeting my solicitors and barrister yesterday and they were telling me about a case recently where the insurance company just went to the house of the people in a crash, gave them both 10k and another person in the house at the time that wasn't even involved 10k to make a case go away. Imagine visiting your mate and you get 10k for the pleasure. They did similar to a friend of mine before, really just turn up to your house with a cheque book to get people off a case, no mention of getting advice or anything, or heaven forbid waiting to see if health issues occur.

Comment

That's a but dated. There have been loads of different version since. Currently they are going along with the 50-59 followed by 40-49 year olds and so on. It could change tomorrow, but that will be the general gist it seems like now. I'm hoping to get my first one in early June, and expect they will be registering people in their 40's in a couple of weeks.
                                                      I'm already rubbing my earlier vaccine in my girlfriends face, though it is also seeming like a bad beat more than anything.

Comment

Anyone done the devils glen ‘modest hike’ to the waterfall. A most enjoyable jaunt of roughly 6k or so. I was somewhat amused at the people giving me the wide covid berth as we passed on the narrowish pathways. I was even more amused when at the waterfall there is a tiny area on the rocks for taking photos resting etc. Sure they were all crammed into the tiny space. I put on a mask as I’m apparently a sheep according to some online threads but I was sorely tempted to quiz folk on their wide berth approach on a pathway but a sardines approach on a much narrower rest area, then I though fk it and took some pics of my two lambs and headed off. I’d recommend the area, pretty nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

I was meeting my solicitors and barrister yesterday and they were telling me about a case recently where the insurance company just went to the house of the people in a crash, gave them both 10k and another person in the house at the time that wasn't even involved 10k to make a case go away. Imagine visiting your mate and you get 10k for the pleasure. They did similar to a friend of mine before, really just turn up to your house with a cheque book to get people off a case, no mention of getting advice or anything, or heaven forbid waiting to see if health issues occur.
                                                          that's a pretty extreme case but not without precedence.
                                                          It's important to note that the same technique is done in the UK for 2.5k
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

that Lions squad is a bit strange to say the least.

Bundee Aki ffs.

Comment

Anyone done the devils glen ‘modest hike’ to the waterfall. A most enjoyable jaunt of roughly 6k or so. I was somewhat amused at the people giving me the wide covid berth as we passed on the narrowish pathways. I was even more amused when at the waterfall there is a tiny area on the rocks for taking photos resting etc. Sure they were all crammed into the tiny space. I put on a mask as I’m apparently a sheep according to some online threads but I was sorely tempted to quiz folk on their wide berth approach on a pathway but a sardines approach on a much narrower rest area, then I though fk it and took some pics of my two lambs and headed off. I’d recommend the area, pretty nice indeed.
                                                              We went to Mount Ussher on Saturday and were going to try to get to Devils Glen. Looks class. Unfortunately doomed by a lack of public transport.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

that's a pretty extreme case but not without precedence.
                                                                It's important to note that the same technique is done in the UK for 2.5k
                                                                The poor Irish Insurance agencies mus the really suffering haha.
                                                                My friend accepted €1k, the price to get a new bike since hers was messed up and didn't really know how anything worked and wanted to be fair. The injuries only appeared after that, one annoying one being some of her toenails fell off for a year or two.

Comment

The poor Irish Insurance agencies mus the really suffering haha.
                                                                  They're leaving the Irish market, so they most definitely are suffering. Profiteering firms don't go voluntarily abandoning a market. Same with banks - the 'ripoff banks' can't leave the country quickly enough. This is not directed at your case, of course, but more the necessity to throw money at cases that have no merit.

Comment

My final question

Anyone watch Dark Orphan. The 1st series was great . Keep going ?

Comment

The local shop has started selling Ines Rosales tortas. Anyone tried them? They are weirdly brilliant. Definitely weird, and definitely brilliant.

71ArZ2IhtHL._SX522_.jpg

Comment

that Lions squad is a bit strange to say the least.

Bundee Aki ffs.
                                                                        Your connacht bias shining through here didnt here anyone mention him at all Gatland likes a certain type size of player. Conan used frequent the fitz hes some size for a vegetarian.

Comment

If there is anyone over 60 and registered who can get themselves to Punchestown today there are spare vaccines available.

Sounds like they will be moving swiftly on to the over 50's

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Your connacht bias shining through here didnt here anyone mention him at all Gatland likes a certain type size of player. Conan used frequent the fitz hes some size for a vegetarian.
                                                                            well realistically if he's not good enough for Ireland, he's not good enough for the Lions!

Comment

I'm thinking the unders are more likely for RDIII to be honest; hoping to get my first one before the end of May at this rate. Both parents fully done as of last week, they will finally get to meet their new grand daughter at the end of next week

Comment

Looks as though Labour, having ditched the electoral liability that was Corbyn, are now about to do even worse in the local\mayoral\by elections today.

Boris seems to have inherited the Trumpian teflon mantle for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                  I'm thinking the unders are more likely for RDIII to be honest; hoping to get my first one before the end of May at this rate. Both parents fully done as of last week, they will finally get to meet their new grand daughter at the end of next week
                                                                                  like I say, it's a bet I won't mind losing (and sure I've been crushing HH lately so no need to tap the glass, might as well throw him an occasional bone )

Comment

They're leaving the Irish market, so they most definitely are suffering. Profiteering firms don't go voluntarily abandoning a market. Same with banks - the 'ripoff banks' can't leave the country quickly enough. This is not directed at your case, of course, but more the necessity to throw money at cases that have no merit.
                                                                                    I had seen 250 companies had left in some article before but I wasn't really talking about anybody but the major ones I've dealt with, can't really put that down to much without seeing why companies left. I don't know what it is like now but before Covid you have the big players have profits in the hundreds of millions and saying claims are high etc. How much of any downturn is investments, poor management or overhead costs, customer retention and any number of things. In general it seems the system is pretty bad here, cases dragging on for 5+ years accruing medical and legal fees, that are often as much as the persons award - then settling on the day of court. I have had to go to a hell of a lot of appointments that cost 700-1k each for a 5 minute consultation etc (and even the choosing of the doctors is so suspect - if you google them they often have VERY strong views on claims - you are a doctor stop taking the side of who pays you or having an opinion that is so public and one sided that somebody wants to hire you because of it, hell these professionals even have spats between each other and like to think the opposite of what the other person thinks on principal), it took 5 years for the two sides to exchange reports. Has to be a better way than all of that? Admittedly you have to wait for injuries to settle and that can take time but there seems to be a lot of issues there. There are definitely a lot of non meritorious cases or ghost whiplash about too, and those should be handled separately ofc.
                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-05-21, 14:01.

Comment

Daily Mail & Express readers loving the whole 'sending gunboats out to meet the Frogs' thing going on in the Channel/Jersey.
                                                                                      Guessing we are all mainly too old to be called up when it escalates into Trafalgar II, and the Brits eventually decide a few of out southern ports are a needed resource.
                                                                                      Good luck Micknail, we'll sing songs about your exploits.

Comment

well realistically if he's not good enough for Ireland, he's not good enough for the Lions!
                                                                                        Simmonds and Conan similarly not "first choice" internationally but also travelling.

Feel for James Ryan, but actually it was Henderson's great season that forced him onto the plane ahead of him. Plenty of Scots aboard the flight too!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Simmonds and Conan similarly not "first choice" internationally but also travelling.

Feel for James Ryan, but actually it was Henderson's great season that forced him onto the plane ahead of him. Plenty of Scots aboard the flight too!
                                                                                          Thoughts on the ommission of Sexton? Can you really rely on Finn Russell...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            Daily Mail & Express readers loving the whole 'sending gunboats out to meet the Frogs' thing going on in the Channel/Jersey.
                                                                                            Guessing we are all mainly too old to be called up when it escalates into Trafalgar II, and the Brits eventually decide a few of out southern ports are a needed resource.
                                                                                            I did like the French response.

"OK, we'll just cut the power supply to Jersey"

/end argument/

Comment

Thoughts on the ommission of Sexton? Can you really rely on Finn Russell...
                                                                                              Probably the best 10 but can't get 80mins back to back and hasn't for almost 18 months.

Russell will be a dynamite bench option! Great player. Will either play a huge part in the winning or losing of every game he plays.

Comment

Currently sitting in A&E with the 'aul lad.

He's had a problem with his big toe for months that is causing him a lot of problems and has been getting it seen by a chiropodist and local PHN.

The GP referred him to get an x-ray a few months ago but there appears to have been a mix up whereby he was referred on day 1 and the x-ray was scheduled for day 2 with no communication from the hospital of the appointment amd no follow up even though he got marked down as a no show.

It was only about 3 weeks ago that I got involved and took him back to the GP that they discovered the missed appointment and rescheduled it for yesterday. X-ray shows the infection has got into the bone and he has to be admitted for intravenous anti-biotics.

The queue here is out the door.

The only good things is that he got his 2nd jab two weeks ago so not too worried about him picking up the vid while he is in here but the whole.ordeal is going to be a right pain in the arse and depending on how bad this has got, he could lose the toe and/or foot.

Comment

I had seen 250 companies had left in some article before but I wasn't really talking about anybody but the major ones I've dealt with, can't really put that down to much without seeing why companies left. I don't know what it is like now but before Covid you have the big players have profits in the hundreds of millions and saying claims are high etc. How much of any downturn is investments, poor management or overhead costs, customer retention and any number of things. In general it seems the system is pretty bad here, cases dragging on for 5+ years accruing medical and legal fees, that are often as much as the persons award - then settling on the day of court. I have had to go to a hell of a lot of appointments that cost 700-1k each for a 5 minute consultation etc (and even the choosing of the doctors is so suspect - if you google them they often have VERY strong views on claims - you are a doctor stop taking the side of who pays you or having an opinion that is so public and one sided that somebody wants to hire you because of it, hell these professionals even have spats between each other and like to think the opposite of what the other person thinks on principal), it took 5 years for the two sides to exchange reports. Has to be a better way than all of that? Admittedly you have to wait for injuries to settle and that can take time but there seems to be a lot of issues there. There are definitely a lot of non meritorious cases or ghost whiplash about too, and those should be handled separately ofc.
                                                                                                  Reinsurance costs going up quite a lot is probably the biggest reason smaller firms would be leaving.

Claims are high, as I said average rear ender in the Uk is around 2,5K it's about 13k here.
                                                                                                  There's a whole subeconomy invested in keeping that status quo as well.

Comment

On the dying lark, I've given Mrs Lao Lao clear instructions on what to do when I die and made it clear if she doesn't follow them, I'll haunt her for the rest of her days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                      On the dying lark, I've given Mrs Lao Lao clear instructions on what to do when I die and made it clear if she doesn't follow them, I'll haunt her for the rest of her days.
                                                                                                      "ferment me and drink me by the moonlight staring out over Dublin port, cheering every time a container is unloaded"

Comment

"ferment me and drink me by the moonlight staring out over Dublin port, cheering every time a container is unloaded"
                                                                                                        Send my ashes off to remote North Africa let the cannibals eat me as Ready Brek

Comment

Micknail they have taken you awaaay.

Comment

You could put Courtney Lawes in a similar category. Gatland likes to have plenty of big units to suit his game plan. Bundee covers 12/13 and is a lot more abrasive than the likes of Slade or Ringrose. His durability is unquestionable and provided he's not accruing cards I think he could surprise a few people. I've also heard he's a divil for craic and would definitely lift spirits during mid-week socials. Curious to see what standbys will be called upon when a few lads get injured.

Comment

My final question

Anyone watch Dark Orphan. The 1st series was great . Keep going ?
                                                                                                              Orphan Black ? No...but lots could be read into that new name you gave it...
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Is there still time for a variant to emerge in South Africa that would lead to cancellation of lions tour- hands down the most meaningless pile of shite of a sporting even on the go

went googling some stuff about them earlier and came across this gem on an Ernst and young fluff piece
                                                                                                                2. Learning more about the fan base

The Lions team created a broad catalog of the personas that represented different groups and characteristics of their audience, which gave them a crucial, deeper understanding of their customers. This helped them to understand how they could gain value and engage with the different types of fans. For example, a 16-year-old rugby player who is watching the Tour at home with friends is very different from an organization’s CEO or entrepreneur flying out to New Zealand for the Tests, who could become a potential sponsor in 2021 if engaged with in the right manner.

pass the sick bag

Comment

They must have forgotten that their record in fishing wars isn't great.

Comment

Reminds me of this classic on a phone in radio show
                                                                                                                    Host - "So where would you like to be buried"
                                                                                                                    Listener- "Up to me balls in Bibi Baskin"

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Orphan Black ? No...but lots could be read into that new name you gave it...
                                                                                                                      ooops you are correct

Comment

Viper's Vax still the best pandy humour so far

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          have you read any of Swartzwelder's detective books Raoul? Seems like a cross-over made for you.
                                                                                                                          https://www.newyorker.com/culture/th...f-the-simpsons
                                                                                                                          That's a great interview.

I'm trying to buy his first book in that series 'The Time Machine did it' in paperback and having no luck.

Anyone able to point me?
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X