This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    I missed the gandhi episode. Was gandhi a hot piece of ass under the hastily arranged blankets-as-clothing?
    No, I mentioned that Ben Kingsley had a hot little body in the 1999 movie 'Sexy Beast'.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Oooh ees aving a go at the obese gay alcoholics now

hqdefault-3.jpg
      Last edited by Solksjaer!; 01-05-21, 16:28.

Comment

Ah Ffs, had tix for the champions Cup final in Twickenham , but wifey is throwing me a birthday party /bbq. Is that grounds for divorce?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          Ah Ffs, had tix for the champions Cup final in Twickenham , but wifey is throwing me a birthday party /bbq. Is that grounds for divorce?
          Would she not rearrange the party for the day before?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
            Sure didn’t you say you prefer facts these are facts the man admitted to these and he has been a bit of a dick to me before. Personally I don’t care know a few gays plenty of alcoholics and have lots of fat friends last I’ll be commentating on this or COVID etc etc.
            I like to think that everyone is a bit fat now from lockdown and it’s not just me.

Not only directed at you but I am glad that we are reaching the end of this so that I don’t have to listen to anyone commentating on COVID.

I know everyone is wondering what I am taking out of the whole thing.

1- I like the idea of hand sanitisers in supermarkets before everyone paws the fresh fruit and veg.

2- I am nearly certain that 100% of people who don’t wash their hands after using the jacks also don’t use the hand sanitisers unless they are forced too.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              Oooh ees aving a go at the obese gay alcoholics now

hqdefault-3.jpg
              Nearly pissed myself laughing at that one!

Comment

With everyone seemingly boycotting Social Media this weekend its very hard to get any info!

Anyone have any idea why my nag that came 4th in the 2.10 at Thirsk got disqualified a good time after the race?

Account sitting at -€600 as i withdrew the winnings after the bet settled

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  With everyone seemingly boycotting Social Media this weekend its very hard to get any info!

Anyone have any idea why my nag that came 4th in the 2.10 at Thirsk got disqualified a good time after the race?

Hmm... I wonder if there is a story behind this, Hanagan shouldn't be beyond dong stupid shit like this at this stage of his career, on the other hand it is the kind of thing that has been happening with people out of their routine with covid.

The Clerk of the Scales objected to SEMPER AUGUSTUS, placed fourth, ridden by Paul Hanagan on the grounds of the rider failing to weigh in. SEMPER AUGUSTUS was disqualified and the placings revised as follows:...Fourth: RUM RUNNER. After being interviewed, the rider was suspended for 3 days and was not entitled to a riding fee.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

1- I like the idea of hand sanitisers in supermarkets before everyone paws the fresh fruit and veg.

2- I am nearly certain that 100% of people who don’t wash their hands after using the jacks also don’t use the hand sanitisers unless they are forced too.
                    I hope

1. Supermarkets keep up the limiting numbers of people allowed in at any one time.
                    2. Companies continue to use virtual meetings of whatever variety for most meetups.
                    3. GP's/Hospitals don't go back to appointments that routinely leave you waiting for ages.
                    4. People don't end up back sitting in cars for hours every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Hmm... I wonder if there is a story behind this, Hanagan shouldn't be beyond dong stupid shit like this at this stage of his career, on the other hand it is the kind of thing that has been happening with people out of their routine with covid.
                      Cheers, the lad on chat couldnt tell me that

If i hadnt withdrawn the loot it would have been gone, as it stands after a bit of back and forward they have wiped off the negative balance

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Failure to weigh in after race. Sue the jock imo.

Edit : Hmmm, hard to get the first reply in on this pig software.

Comment

Comment

I would probably be able to arrange a home for the tix if you really can't use them.

Comment

this thread could do with a bit of this today: https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...s-visit/more/4

Comment

Host restaurant at home tonight to be washed down by this bad boy. It's not a bad Saturday.

SPOILER

Comment

Bet you did the voice in your head .

Comment

One thing I've noticed recently is that there is a lot of tapping up for 'spare change'. Last Sunday I was tapped up while cycling right past Store St garda station. This fella who I'd say was definitely not homeless asked me in a D4 sounding accent for €1. And the smell of piss from every alley way I cycled down was awful. You really see the good and bad of society on a cycle as you catch mush more. From a fella asking green foreigners are they going to the airport on O'Connell street to a womans kid who walks out of a shop and hands an elderly homeless man a litre of milk and some food.

Later I went to fill up on petrol on the CirckeK on Richmond Rd yesterday as on that previous cycle I noticed the petrol was significantly lower than the standard. For those who dont know in CirckeK you swipe at the side of the terminal rather than the front. I've fallen foul of this a few times and was put right each time but in this particular shop there's a hand written sticky at the side drawing your attention saying you need to swipe at the side. I noted to the Indian clerk that I liked his sign with a knowing nod adding it takes away having to tell everyone it's the side that you need to swipe not the front? but he said yes thank you but still they swipe at the front many times you see. Ah doesn't surprise me I say as if gainfully absorbing the blow for my stupid countrymen.

On leaving the shop a Nick Diaz type sprung out of his car in the forecourt and asked/told me could I give him a push start. His wife was already in situ at the back of the car assuming the position and I readily agreed. The both of them were at pains to say it will start straight away to help assure me I'm not likely to be pushing it up the road to Home Farm which I appreciated and took on trust. It's been like this the last few days he says. I agreed and just like that it came to life with a brief push. Diaz sticks one leg and a head out says thanks with a thumbs up and is gone on his way.
                                    I was brought to the attention of Cheetos in Tesco. The real deal not these ones youll see in hardware stores thats produced in Lincolnshire. No these ones are made in Poland and the Poland one is Kosher Cheetos. They even have a paper label on the back of the packed saying they are Made in Poland and aren't poxy affiliates. Well this was enough to get me on the trail. There are Polish sections in Tesco I believe and they are not stocked with the regular crisps. So anyway im not sure theres a Polish section in HJ's least favorite Tesco and the Cheetos arent stocked on the shelf but I spot an unopened box on the top shelf and I reach up on tippy toes and take the box down and take a pack out making sure its got the post production while label on it and go on my way.

A week or so goes by and same situation none displayed yet the same box on top so I do the same trick. So this week fresh after my push start im going to the well again. Theres something rankling me this time though that they arent displayed on the shelf and im lookin this way and that way for a staff member about this. But theres no sign of anyone readily available. Im always weary of the efficient looking girls from eastern Europe with their hair up as your in for a hiding for nothing with a query there. If you get an answer with pursed lips then your getting away easy. Often times as soon as you ask for help you instantly regret it. This is why I reached up and hoisted the box down on the previous occasions. Well this time on entering the store I gave this black guy sweeping the floor a chance to shine. Didn't look like his English was great and looked a bit foreboding to an approach but sometimes these can surprise you. Would say he's probably not been asked anything about anything by anyone but I wouldn't like him thinking that nobody asks him a question because he sweeping the floor. I go "is there a polish section?". He's standing looking uttery shocked and I'm instantly going 'ah for fawk sake' Lawrie Mc Menemy style. Then a reprieve as suddenly 'No Polish area no Polish'. Ahhh right thanks as I pivot and reach up for the box of Cheetos once again.

Comment

Solksjaer!

Ha ha of course I did.
                                      Heard the soundtrack of that from my older cousin when I was only a nipper. He had it on a record!

"Alms for an ex leper"
                                      "No more Wudolph the wed nose weindeer"
                                      "Crucifiction?"

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Would she not rearrange the party for the day before?
                                        She did offer but we've already invited everyone etc.

It's all fine tbf, just annoyed that we've had very few things to look forward to in over a year then 2 come along at once.

Comment

I would probably be able to arrange a home for the tix if you really can't use them.
                                          Was going with a whole bunch of Irish lads, so ticket has already found a home. I'll be laughing so hard if la Rochelle win tomorrow ​​​​​​. Unlikely though and Toulouse leinster is such an exciting final!

Comment

Was going with a whole bunch of Irish lads, so ticket has already found a home. I'll be laughing so hard if la Rochelle win tomorrow ​​​​​​. Unlikely though and Toulouse leinster is such an exciting final!
                                            I think tomorrow is 50/50. Although the pace Leinster play at will be something La Rochelle won't be used to.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

RDIII vs Hitch relegated to the IPB Charity Boxing undercard forthwith.

We have a new match for the main event. One problem. Courier "The Obese Gay Alcoholic" Collie just wont work as an effective boxing moniker. As self appointed agent and fight promoter I'll get right to work on that one. I'm happy to run with Sick "The Cunt" Puppy though.
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

We have a new match for the main even. One problem. Courier "The Obese Gay Alcoholic" Collie just wont work as an effective boxing moniker. As self appointed agent and fight promoter I'll get right to work on that one. I'm happy to run with Sick "The Cunt" Puppy though.
                                                I think a rubiks cube race could be a goer. I've never solved one though have been led to believe it is a learnable skill.

Comment

how to solve a rubilk's cube https://i.redd.it/1bm4tae1u8t61.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    how to solve a rubilk's cube https://i.redd.it/1bm4tae1u8t61.jpg
                                                    Yeah put up a video of you doing it. And then doing it in a shorter period of time.

Comment

This made my day. Bbv is familiar with this iconic moment of Magic. Here is some more of Prince in directors cut of it . Must be on my 100th view of this .

A classic YouTube clip of Prince dazzling his peers at the 2004 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony has been re-cut by the original director.

Comment

I have a 3 month child. I didn't even finish reading the thing. I don't have a rubik's cube, and I am so tired I almost ate a teabag earlier.

No

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah put up a video of you doing it. And then doing it in a shorter period of time.
                                                          Take stickers off and resticker. Turning that yoke frustrating.

Comment

Next race at Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Derby, isn't off for 90 minutes... LOL Merica

90 minutes of NBC coverage would be preferable to 10 minutes of ITV's social stable shite, some of the NBC coverage is actually interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

We have a new match for the main event. One problem. Courier "The Obese Gay Alcoholic" Collie just wont work as an effective boxing moniker. As self appointed agent and fight promoter I'll get right to work on that one. I'm happy to run with Sick "The Cunt" Puppy though.
                                                              In fairness I’m middle aged overweight and have done some redic stuff. Apologies to Collie who has had a tough few years think the last 13 months have had people sideways at times. Had a tooth out got infected stitched reinfected stitched some jaw bone removed two weeks of crap sleep stress. I got knocked to the ground in a boxing match 33 years ago was off balance. Don’t know how I’ve managed not to get a slap in the face since.

Comment

I learned how to solve Rubik Cubes earlier in the year. Two minutes I think it was taking before I gave up. The key is thinking of it in three flat layers rather than 6 faces. Maybe. Moved on to something else after that.
                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  This made my day. Bbv is familiar with this iconic moment of Magic. Here is some more of Prince in directors cut of it . Must be on my 100th view of this .
                                                                  That cheeky look he is giving TP...wait till you see how im going to finish !!

Excellent start to Sunday.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Nobody's being 'cancelled' (whatever the fuck that means).
                                                                    sickpuppy called a poster an 'obese gay alcoholic'. That's completely out of order, under all circumstances. Nobody should be defending that, or seeking to deflect away from it.

Your posting on the other hand reads like something from the seamier reaches of Trumpworld (which is where the most nonsensical chatter about 'cancel culture' emanates from).
                                                                    Huh?

The rare posts I make, generally boil down to saying the same thing regard, all this stuff. That basically all anyone can say is, " I dont know ". And it's a pity polarity and the tone of communication have changed. I dont think thats Trumpy stuff, and I dont allign that way. Again, I see that as an issue that if someone takes a moderately different viewpoint, they are painted as some extreme. Normally not the case.
                                                                    I thought 'cancel culture's generally was driven by snowflakey elements of extreme left, again, ultimately who knows. Generally enjoy your posts, no beef my end anywho.

Comment

Dont worry lads you are approaching early middle age. It's the new Male menopause. Couple that with trying to cope with the over intellectualism of new woke directives and a new buzz word every few weeks , is probably boiling our piss unnecessarily. We probably all sit in similar camps and the conversation verbage would be completely different 10 years ago on similar topics.

Disclaimer. I have no idea what I'm trying to say here .

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post

Huh?

The rare posts I make, generally boil down to saying the same thing regard, all this stuff. That basically all anyone can say is, " I dont know ". And it's a pity polarity and the tone of communication have changed. I dont think thats Trumpy stuff, and I dont allign that way. Again, I see that as an issue that if someone takes a moderately different viewpoint, they are painted as some extreme. Normally not the case.
                                                                        I thought 'cancel culture's generally was driven by snowflakey elements of extreme left, again, ultimately who knows. Generally enjoy your posts, no beef my end anywho.
                                                                        I was replying to this:

Cancel Sickpuppy. Cancel everyone. Cancel everything! Hooorah!
                                                                        which was your response to sickpuppy being called out for abusing another poster as a 'gay obese alcoholic'. I'd like to think we'd all agree we shouldn't be throwing around abuse like that on here. Instead you posted about 'cancel culture', which is the current favourite BS topic of the extreme right in the US. It reads like a defence of sickpuppy's post or else an attempt to deflect away from it.

tbf your posts have always tended to be on the Finnegans Wake end of the spectrum so maybe it meant something else in your head, in which case let us know what that was.

Comment

Tom Hickey was a larger than life presence in my life growing up, a consummate artist and all round good guy. RIP

When I turned up the radio this morning to have my father hear that the death of his old friend was the headline story in the news, he seemed shocked and then when I said that Tom must be nearly 80 he laughed at me dismissively 'What are you on about, sure Tom is 15 years younger than me' so I said oh really so what age would you say he was ? In his 30's he replied with a 'Like D'oh!' look on his face.

This is amazing!

Comment

Today's cooking lesson - how to using a frying pan. Mind = blown!

Well not quite, but its shocking how many basic errors I used to make.

Comment

Huh?

I think what you were trying to say was that we need more nuance rather than polarisation, which I agree we can all do with.

Guest I think the conflicting mask advice was down to a couple of things, 1) they don’t work to stop you getting it which was the initial advice, but they realised that people who had COVID didn’t spread it as much when they wore masks so the advice to wear them was to stop the wearing spreading it rather than stopping them getting it.

Comment

La Rochelle

Comment

This is not going to end well. Leinster seem very flat and the surrender monkeys are well up for it they should e ale to close it out from here

Comment

Are La Rochelle a moneybags side or is the Leinster juggernaut shuddering to a halt?
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                      Are La Rochelle a moneybags side or is the Leinster juggernaut shuddering to a halt?
                                                                                      Not moneybags but richer than Irish provinces. Leinster & Ireland can't handle well coached big teams. Cant buy-in size and haven't been able to develop it. Final will be very tasty and good luck to both French teams.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Is it just me or is Selby is just unlikeable as a snooker player. Whenever he plays I just seem to root for the other player to win
                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Tom Hickey was a larger than life presence in my life growing up, a consummate artist and all round good guy. RIP

When I turned up the radio this morning to have my father hear that the death of his old friend was the headline story in the news, he seemed shocked and then when I said that Tom must be nearly 80 he laughed at me dismissively 'What are you on about, sure Tom is 15 years younger than me' so I said oh really so what age would you say he was ? In his 30's he replied with a 'Like D'oh!' look on his face.

This is amazing!

Comment

Today's cooking lesson - how to using a frying pan. Mind = blown!

Well not quite, but its shocking how many basic errors I used to make.
                                                                                            Gis the tips. Joking aside sounds like a good course!

airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Gis the tips. Joking aside sounds like a good course!
                                                                                              It was mainly:

- use a stainless steel pan to get the right crispiness
                                                                                              - use a water test to know its at the right temperature (a teaspoon of water should go in a bubble and skate on the surface when its the right temperature)
                                                                                              - only add oil after the pan reaches the right temperature
                                                                                              - very generously season food before cooking in a pan as salt is what gets the flavour out
                                                                                              - cook once each side listening to the sizzle to know its cooking properly

Heres the water test direct from Rouxbe:

I cooked chicken only seasoned with salt and pepper and a bit of lemon juice afterwards, and it was widely proclaimed as ridiculously good. So whatever about those individual instructions, it seems to have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                Is it just me or is Selby is just unlikeable as a snooker player. Whenever he plays I just seem to root for the other player to win
                                                                                                It's certainly not just you, a lot of people don't like him - mostly Ronnie O'Sullivan fans to be fair.

Personally i love the way he plays the game, he is the greatest matchplayer ever imo and is about to win his fourth world title at 37. Be a pretty boring sport if everyone played the same. What he doesn't get anywhere enough credit for is his actual break building prowess, you dont win multiple world titles by just being dour and goos at safety, he's a far more complete player than that.

Comment

It was mainly:

-
                                                                                                  - very generously season food before cooking in a pan as salt is what gets the flavour out

Heres the water test direct from Rouxbe:

I cooked chicken only seasoned with salt and pepper and a bit of lemon juice afterwards, and it was widely proclaimed as ridiculously good. So whatever about those individual instructions, it seems to have worked.
                                                                                                  I’m more impressed that lads have charged you for the above advice and you seem to think it’s good value
                                                                                                  Hopefully they run a course on how to charge people for really basic common sense advice people could easily find for free

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

I’m more impressed that lads have charged you for the above advice and you seem to think it’s good value
                                                                                                    Hopefully they run a course on how to charge people for really basic common sense advice people could easily find for free
                                                                                                    Ah I dunno about that. Sounds like it's lots of stuff that you wouldn't know there was a better way of doing, wouldn't know to Google.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Maybe hitch is only repeating the obvious stuff... his only fans pages has the best bits apparently

Comment

I pay for courses and teaching all the time. On any subject 99.9% percent of the information is available on Google, but you are paying for it to be wrapped up neatly for you, and the act of paying for it means you are much more likely to pay attention and really take the information in. In hitches case I'd imagine the dish being complented was worth far more than whatever the cost of the course is.

PSV I think you need to spend some time with your bare feet in the grass. It would do you the world of good.

Comment

Tech experts; is this the real deal? I'm sold on the pitch anyway (apologies if discussed before).

Comment

This is not going to end well. Leinster seem very flat and the surrender monkeys are well up for it they should e ale to close it out from here
                                                                                                            Hope La Rochelle close it out in the final now. Everything I hear about them as a club is very positive, they seem to have that Clermont vibe about them.

Leinster fell apart a bit once Ruddock went off. Hugely underrated player and leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Tech experts; is this the real deal? I'm sold on the pitch anyway (apologies if discussed before).

It's directionally correct, but there are lot of projects working on the same problem,

Comment

It was mainly:

- use a water test to know its at the right temperature (a teaspoon of water should go in a bubble and skate on the surface when its the right temperature)
                                                                                                                Getting the pan hot enough is a good 101 type tip. Especially where people grew up in an Irish Mammy whose standard approach was to pile in as much meat as possible to the pan so they can make another stew under the guise of frying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  Getting the pan hot enough is a good 101 type tip. Especially where people grew up in an Irish Mammy whose standard approach was to pile in as much meat as possible to the pan so they can make another stew under the guise of frying.
                                                                                                                  Yeah! I guess its all really obvious. Just wasn't too me. Had never even considered the basic idea of pan heat, despite it seeming obvious with hindsight. Probably the first time I ever cooked anything was aged 19 in student digs and it involved shoving things in a pot and hoping for the best. Have improved that over the years, but its still all based on following recipes and without any underlying skills of the basics of how cooking works.

The course btw is $10 a month with the first month free, its not expensive.

Comment

Yeah! I guess its all really obvious. Just wasn't too me. Had never even considered the basic idea of pan heat, despite it seeming obvious with hindsight. Probably the first time I ever cooked anything was aged 19 in student digs and it involved shoving things in a pot and hoping for the best. Have improved that over the years, but its still all based on following recipes and without any underlying skills of the basics of how cooking works.

The course btw is $10 a month with the first month free, its not expensive.
                                                                                                                    Yes theres a world of difference between feeding yourself and cooking a really nice meal. I can do the simple meals well like spag bol and stews/soups.
                                                                                                                    Go to my sisters house and she would have this mouth wateringly tasty dish in pastry with an amazing sauce.
                                                                                                                    "oh I just threw that together from some leftovers"

Comment

$10 is nothing tbf.
                                                                                                                      Most good home cooking is just a sequence of relatively simple steps. But only really apparent when you know what they are.

Although an asterisk to hot pan rule is that it’s dependent on what your cooking. For example, pan fried duck breast should be started with breast in a cold pan, heated slowly.

Comment

Frying in butter, the butter tels you when it's time. As soon as it goes quiet.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

PSV I found the perfect course for you.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X