Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised how excited I am at getting the covid vaccine appointment. Just seems nice when you don't have to nudge a system to get it to work.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

He sounds to me like a posh end of Tallaght guy, or a rough end of Templeogue.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        It's slightly MacGregor, the accent, no? It's on that end of the scale anyway.
        Ah shtop. McGregor is a thick scumbag accent. This chap is nothing like it imho

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I'm also guessing that you meant politician Eoghan Murphy, and not the hurler Eoin Murphy.
          Yeah him

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          He sounds to me like a posh end of Tallaght guy, or a rough end of Templeogue.
          Thats the kind of area I was thinking, had kind of assumed that Frankie was from somewhere like Lucan or Blanch and would have an more ordinary working to middle class upbringing.

Turns out that Frankie's pedigree is remarkably similar you might say even a through the mirror reflection of Eoghan Murphy's with one parent a barrister and another who made his living by being close to Gay Byrne and who also ended up in a, much less dramatic. financial mess !

The more surprising thing about the accent is that he is from Dunsaughlin in deepest Meath his parents being Frank McNamara and my old friend Teresa Lowe

Not looking to take away in the least from his obvious talent I just find it interesting that he's definitely posher than Eoghan Murphy
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Yeah him

Thats the kind of area I was thinking, had kind of assumed that Frankie was from somewhere like Lucan or Blanch and would have an more ordinary working to middle class upbringing.

Turns out that Frankie's pedigree is remarkably similar you might say even a through the mirror reflection of Eoghan Murphy's with one parent a barrister and another who made his living by being close to Gay Byrne and who also ended up in a, much less dramatic. financial mess !

The more surprising thing about the accent is that he is from Dunsaughlin in deepest Meath his parents being Frank McNamara and my old friend Teresa Lowe

Not looking to take away in the least from his obvious talent I just find it interesting that he's definitely posher than Eoghan Murphy
            strew done us up like kippers! Oh I did not know that.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ah, I hope the nutty catholic stuff hasn't rubbed off on him from that pair.

Comment

are they odd-balls in that regard?

Comment

Oh yeah.

Comment

strew done us up like kippers! Oh I did not know that.
                    Ah was trying to figure out what people thought, there are a couple of threads surrounding this that I am fascinated by.

One is the phenomenon of the faux working class Dublin accent, not so much this this guy who doesn't really lay it on with a trowel but I'm thinking about an artsy crowd exemplified by the lads in Lankum or by a number of shinners not least Mary Lou.

Another is that I struggle with the whole concept of class in Ireland after a hundred years as a republic we have been trying and failing to overlay a British style class structure onto Irish life but no matter how badly we fail we keep trying.

I am slightly disappointed that he's not the son of a teacher or a plumber from the rougher end of Tempelouge but in fairness to him this is all his own work and if he does get taken up by RTE it will be because of what he has done not because his folks are RTE royalty.

I remember a Tom Matthews cartoon from a long time ago "RTE are an Equal Opportunity Employer - We don't care if it's your Auntie or your Uncle that works here"

Comment

They were heavily involved in the No campaign for the 8th ref.

Lowe is Maria Steen's aunt, Steen of Iona institute.

Comment

Very true about RTÉ.

I've a cousin who's a radio newsreader. Her uncle was a highish up guy.

Comment

Although, it's true of a lot of organisations and companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Very true about RTÉ.

I've a cousin who's a radio newsreader. Her uncle was a highish up guy.
                            Newbie2 up there in the higher echelons, think I saw him comptrolling us on a few fake news programmes recently in the graphics credits. Deffo harvesting the dead babies blood or whatever it was with those shirts he wears anyway.

Comment

Biden's first hundred days has just been on the one hand, incredibly measured and professional, and on the other, quite monumentally over-achieving. Just quietly getting shit done with no drama.

Quite the contrast with the constant clown car parade that was the Trump administration.

I actually can't remember an adminstration that kicked off this well. Clinton for example was a fucking disaster at the outset.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Biden's first hundred days has just been on the one hand, incredibly measured and professional, and on the other, quite monumentally over-achieving. Just quietly getting shit done with no drama.

Quite the contrast with the constant clown car parade that was the Trump administration.

I actually can't remember an adminstration that kicked off this well. Clinton for example was a fucking disaster at the outset.
                                He knows he is likely to have only two years to get shit started and to a point where its irreversible when the klepto get back in control.

The infrastructure plans are very impressive and his framing of the tax plan to pay for them is delivered so well that it will take some level of bolloxology to turn people away from it.

Comment

He knows he is likely to have only two years to get shit started and to a point where its irreversible when the klepto get back in control.

The infrastructure plans are very impressive and his framing of the tax plan to pay for them is delivered so well that it will take some level of bolloxology to turn people away from it.
                                  Yeah let’s see ye keep up the slobbering when he reforms tax and fucks us

Comment

Rogan led to me to great doc, Fantastic Fungi, worth a watch, but anyways, seemingly micro dosing, taking 10% , not getting high using Psilocybin has a lot ot health and mental benefits...comes from nature so cant be too bad.

Anyone here have any dealings with same ?

This too shall pass.

Comment

This crypto staking is ridiculously complicated. I think I've just handed over coins to some website which will eventually give me back more of those coins, for a reason that is unclear. This all seems highly dodgy. Like laughably so. There's so many things you need to trust at so many points, I'm almost flummoxed.

Comment

What would you have done differently?
                                        I can understand the first lockdown it was pretty much unprecedented in the last 100 years. It’s a virus it’s not the bubonic plague which had a 60%mortality rate in places. Last summer I had a night out in Dublin 1000s of people on Camden street how come the place was not riddled with Covid? Respiratory viruses are seasonal die down in summer come back in winter flu season. Wearing flimsy masks made out of cheap material in shops etc is not going to stop it. I have cut concrete with power saws even with proper dust resistant masks looks like you were snorting concrete dust. The shit masks do not stop it. What would I have done different absolutely nothing I’d like my fat pension when I get out and have to tow the party line. I would keep on hammering the narrative it’s not my debt I’ve a government job I’ll still get paid. We cannot go against the grain king Tony holohan 4 deaths and he announces we are on a knife edge? Really. They can’t admit now lockdown does not work the curves flattened icu numbers are low. Summer numbers will decline seasonally naturally high fives were in this together well done come October holohan will be delighted to advise lock her down lads again flu season will be Covid season. Most of the people who died were old had bad underlying conditions flu is a killer there anyway. Not since 1930s Germany has a false propaganda been so shoved effective.

Comment

Nice BBC article here explaining how there is definitely excess deaths due to covid. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

Why would anyone benefit from pushing a false narrative that bankrupts most countries and shuts down most companies and stops nearly everything happening. Who exactly benefits from that? Is it Tony? Who, because of his own rules, had to bury his own wife without most of her friends and family present. The story falls to pieces quite quickly.

Comment

Nice BBC article here explaining how there is definitely excess deaths due to covid. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

Why would anyone benefit from pushing a false narrative that bankrupts most countries and shuts down most companies and stops nearly everything happening. Who exactly benefits from that? Is it Tony? Who, because of his own rules, had to bury his own wife without most of her friends and family present. The story falls to pieces quite quickly.
                                            What has his wife got do with anything? Is it not seasonal ? People have benefited pharma companys. We will be bombarded now by scenes in India with a population approaching 1.4 billion people where many of the poor are malnourished and basically live like rats and by western standards Medicare facility’s are poor and. Deaths might be up does it justify the restrictions and yes at a certain time you do have to put a price on a life. Well dressed people do it daily life insurance.

Comment

At this stage I’d sooner listen to a live bad beat story then seemingly intelligent articulate people being brainwashed with fear now in your case having allegedly had heart surgery I’d be a bit scared underlying condition be careful wear your flimsy mask keep 6 feet back in that crowded unventilated supermarket be grand.

Comment

Thought id covered the lot earlier but missed "false" narrative.

Anyway, anyone uses those buzz words again in here noted in my post will have 20 stone of pure Irish breaking their legs next time they are in my "visability".

Shit, I've turned into PSV
                                                Last edited by Dice75; 01-05-21, 01:31.

Comment

On Dub accents..personally my favourite is the inner city Sheriff St accent ..Mutter=Muttah and so forth.

Cant stand the fake wannabe hard man cunt accent so many little feral scum seem to be adopting these days. They must be all fucking deaf or something given the volume they produce "in all in anyways"

They wouldnt last 2 seconds versus the real scumbags or pretty much anyone for that matter.

Comment

I like it, know your audience! Yeah there was some point when the teachers just switched I think. Maybe around the introduction of the junior cert.
                                                    The change to metric has been slow, strangeT abd ongoing.
                                                    The likes of construction, engineering, science got on quick. Took a bit longer for people to get used to their own weight in kilos. (Except for babies). Then miles became kilometres. (Except for horses).
                                                    We’ll buy milk and water in litres and ml. But a beer is a pint.
                                                    Heights of objects are in metres, but people are still in feet. And even though you might know your height in metres too. How big was the last TV you bought?

Comment

Tony?

Comment

Tony?
                                                        Ah, I guess Holohan. Was about the 6th Tony that I got to before finding one who's wife died in the last year.

Comment

I feel once you get past the first ten minutes it becomes quite smart. Really should have invested in a better microphone at some stage though.

https://anchor.fm/irish-tech-news/ep...versity-evvua2
                                                          You really have to find some way of reducing the amount of 'kinda eh's'. Not sure how to go about it though.

Comment

Comment

You really have to find some way of reducing the amount of 'kinda eh's'. Not sure how to go about it though.
                                                              Ha. I listened to it and that was my thought also. Some sort of tic maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                Thought id covered the lot earlier but missed "false" narrative.

Anyway, anyone uses those buzz words again in here noted in my post will have 20 stone of pure Irish breaking their legs next time they are in my "visability".

Shit, I've turned into PSV
                                                                I'll reach out to you to connect on this so we can rebaseline around the long pole in the tent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

I can understand the first lockdown it was pretty much unprecedented in the last 100 years. It’s a virus it’s not the bubonic plague which had a 60%mortality rate in places. Last summer I had a night out in Dublin 1000s of people on Camden street how come the place was not riddled with Covid? Respiratory viruses are seasonal die down in summer come back in winter flu season. Wearing flimsy masks made out of cheap material in shops etc is not going to stop it. I have cut concrete with power saws even with proper dust resistant masks looks like you were snorting concrete dust. The shit masks do not stop it. What would I have done different absolutely nothing I’d like my fat pension when I get out and have to tow the party line. I would keep on hammering the narrative it’s not my debt I’ve a government job I’ll still get paid. We cannot go against the grain king Tony holohan 4 deaths and he announces we are on a knife edge? Really. They can’t admit now lockdown does not work the curves flattened icu numbers are low. Summer numbers will decline seasonally naturally high fives were in this together well done come October holohan will be delighted to advise lock her down lads again flu season will be Covid season. Most of the people who died were old had bad underlying conditions flu is a killer there anyway. Not since 1930s Germany has a false propaganda been so shoved effective.
                                                                  So, if I try to summarise, are you saying:
                                                                  1. Covid is just another seasonal respiratory virus, no big deal - the only people dying are old and\or sick
                                                                  2. masks don't work
                                                                  3. lockdowns don't work
                                                                  4. The public health authorities are lying to us (for unspecified reasons)
                                                                  5. ICU numbers will go up and down seasonally and we'll see another spike next October
                                                                  Did I get that right?

any thoughts on vaccines?

Comment

At this stage I’d sooner listen to a live bad beat story then seemingly intelligent articulate people being brainwashed with fear now in your case having allegedly had heart surgery I’d be a bit scared underlying condition be careful wear your flimsy mask keep 6 feet back in that crowded unventilated supermarket be grand.
                                                                    If believing in facts, science and logic means I am 'brainwashed with fear', then guilty as charged your honour.

Anyway, did I ever tell you about the time I was on the button with aces in a NL game and this crazy Chinese dude shipped 800 in blind....

Comment

Considering going veggie time to try again

One animal-welfare expert described the clips as “some of the most disturbing footage” he had ever seen

Comment

You do miss some er, interesting posts when you have Sickpuppy on ignore.

Comment

So, if I try to summarise, are you saying:
                                                                          1. Covid is just another seasonal respiratory virus, no big deal - the only people dying are old and\or sick
                                                                          2. masks don't work
                                                                          3. lockdowns don't work
                                                                          4. The public health authorities are lying to us (for unspecified reasons)
                                                                          5. ICU numbers will go up and down seasonally and we'll see another spike next October
                                                                          Did I get that right?

any thoughts on vaccines?
                                                                          No it’s like the flu on steroids and it does kill no doubt. The vast majority of people dying have been old and or sick correct. Masks may work to a certain degree not the crappy ones the majority of people are wearing though. Lockdowns work what’s the goal of them? Flattened the curve we did icu did not get overwhelmed. They may not be lying but there are very conservative and are in fear of a worst case scenario. Of course numbers go up in flu season October through to spring it’s always happened. Vaccines if we didn’t have them many horrible diseases still rampant. Vaccines for elderly vulnerable sick people or those who want it absolutely. For kids and teenagers let them build immunity the old fashioned way.

Comment

How much money did you donate to Ivor Cummins?

Comment

You do miss some er, interesting posts when you have Sickpuppy on ignore.
                                                                              I doubt many er here love hearing about an obese gay alcoholic who wants to fuck Gandhi Ben Kingsley but what would I know.

Comment

I loved you in my left foot and the field.

Comment

Comment

This cunt is still hawking the charity gig angle.
                                                                                    Eoghan, 38, who used to present a breakfast show on 2FM with Doireann Garrihy, suddenly departed the station in February

Wonder how much the publicist had to pay to get the mention.
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

They may not be lying but there are very conservative and are in fear of a worst case scenario.
                                                                                      So NPHET are (1) not lying and (2), are doing their job.

I feel we are making progress.

Comment

I doubt many er here love hearing about an obese gay alcoholic who wants to fuck Gandhi Ben Kingsley but what would I know.
                                                                                        Come on man.

That's totally out of order, and you know it.

Comment

Cancel Sickpuppy. Cancel everyone. Cancel everything! Hooorah!

Comment

Come on man.

True, but to be fair, Collie started it.
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                              Maybe I missed some deleted posts but all I've seen is debate

Comment

Well, up to the insults anyway.

Comment

Who is cancelling him?

If you are going to come here and say stuff that doesn't make sense you are going to be challenged to back them up. If someone comes on and behaves like a cunt they are going to be called out for being a cunt but everyone's welcome to act the cunt with a much longer leash than they'd be allowed anywhere else outside 4chan.

Comment

Alan McMAnus is a good addition to the snooker commentary.

Two right good semi finals in play

Comment

Come on man.

I agree Ben Kingsley deserves better.

Comment

Was just poking fun at societal tendency. Why so serious. Etc

Comment

Ha. I listened to it and that was my thought also. Some sort of tic maybe.
                                                                                                          Listened to the first 15mins or so and noticed that too.
                                                                                                          It sounds like you're gathering your thoughts during the sentence. Must listen to the rest later.

I was laughing a bit at the slight pain in your voice when you mentioned having sold your Ether and "now it's like €2000 or something" It just reminded me of me thinking if only I had pulled the trigger on Crypto properly before XMas I would be x 5 by now.

Lliked the Macro perspective of day to day versus decade on decade progress.

Comment

Month Two complete.
                                                                                                            Weight has dropped a bit to 12st 12.
                                                                                                            Still cycling every day - same route, just faster as my legs now feeling a lot stronger than Month One. Five ascents of the dreaded Alpe De Howth Head completed (all from the steeper Howth side for added pain and suffering). Definitely more enjoyable now.
                                                                                                            The core strength stuff continues - basic planks (easy enough now), side planks (harder), stomach crunches (funnily enough, always found these pretty easy - probably doing them wrong), press-ups (hard). I just add 1 press-up to the routine every week, so currently doing 17 at a go (could do 20 but would be a sad and unedifying spectacle doing those last couple). Can definitely feel the improvement in muscle tone etc.

Ambition for May:
                                                                                                            Keep it going.
                                                                                                            Throw in some flexibility work as well as my back and hamstrings still have all the flexibility of a DUP politician.
                                                                                                            Diet still a mix of good and bad habits, sure it'll all balance out.
                                                                                                            I got a pull-up bar. Gets a lot of results for a very minor time investment. Think I'm going to have to repaint where I use it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I got a pull-up bar. Gets a lot of results for a very minor time investment. Think I'm going to have to repaint where I use it though.
                                                                                                              Not the kind of bar I'd like to install.

Comment

Nobody's being 'cancelled' (whatever the fuck that means).
                                                                                                                sickpuppy called a poster an 'obese gay alcoholic'. That's completely out of order, under all circumstances. Nobody should be defending that, or seeking to deflect away from it.

Your posting on the other hand reads like something from the seamier reaches of Trumpworld (which is where the most nonsensical chatter about 'cancel culture' emanates from).

Comment

Speaking of BB stories I ventured into 2/5 last night for the 1st time on a 250 buy in. Up to 350 or so snaffling a few unwanted pots then get AA102 ..gulp. Got a good old fashioned check raise in pre so its 3 to the flop with 300 ish in the pot. Flop is 953 no FD.
                                                                                                                  All in ..snapped off to be shown KK99..I'm thinking a 4 would be nice

I could almost feel his pain when the A hit!
                                                                                                                  Exited stage left sharpish with 540 profit or 1/4 of an Ether in my metaverse

.
                                                                                                                  Right, time for a good long walk in the mountains.
                                                                                                                  See youze all later

Comment

sickpuppy called a poster an 'obese gay alcoholic'. That's completely out of order, under all circumstances. Nobody should be defending that, or seeking to deflect away from it.
                                                                                                                    In fairness to him, it is pretty much how I'd often describe myself. It's not libelous when it's something that is true.

Comment

Nobody's being 'cancelled' (whatever the fuck that means).

Your posting on the other hand reads like something from the seamier reaches of Trumpworld (which is where the most nonsensical chatter about 'cancel culture' emanates from).
                                                                                                                      Sure didn’t you say you prefer facts these are facts the man admitted to these and he has been a bit of a dick to me before. Personally I don’t care know a few gays plenty of alcoholics and have lots of fat friends last I’ll be commentating on this or COVID etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Listened to the first 15mins or so and noticed that too.
                                                                                                                        It sounds like you're gathering your thoughts during the sentence. Must listen to the rest later.

I was laughing a bit at the slight pain in your voice when you mentioned having sold your Ether and "now it's like €2000 or something" It just reminded me of me thinking if only I had pulled the trigger on Crypto properly before XMas I would be x 5 by now.

Lliked the Macro perspective of day to day versus decade on decade progress.
                                                                                                                        Yeah! I am, in fairness, although mainly trying to double check while speaking if what is coming next makes sense.

Found the first bit a bit painful when listening back, but thought the later ideas were smarter. On the ideas of what a metaverse might look like.

Comment

I missed the gandhi episode. Was gandhi a hot piece of ass under the hastily arranged blankets-as-clothing?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X