X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      Murphy has taken a job with The Russians.

Both RDIII and Hitch will keep us entertained for a week here in the BBV analysing the detail of the job when it becomes public knowledge!
      Tell us more.

'The Russians'...

Hope he doesn't do a Liam Lawlor.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Guy in Chechnia is class
        It's also the reason we don't see Zod posting very often.

220px-Ramzan_Kadyrov%2C_2014.jpg
        But yeah, here he is in his less trustworthy looking pose:

TASS_36181254.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Good shout. Kazakhstani media photoshop his pictures to make him look younger e.g.

kazakhstan-leader-photoshopped-photos-president-qasym-zhomart-toqaev-4-5ccaa46607f86__700.jpg

Comment

I've a nice tan based on climbing the sugar loaf (well the sugar lump beside it) at the weekend. Irish weather is whack yo. Doesn't seem like you should be able to get a tan in sub 10-degree weather, but the Irish gods just don't care.
            One of the best things about covid for me has been hiking in Wicklow. I've done the few handy ones around Glendalough and found a nice longer route around there too which I enjoyed. That takes in Lugduff, Mullacor and Derrybawn in a loop from the car park and back to it.

Was up Tonelagee and Lough Ouler today and it was great. A proper mountain hike with no signposts telling you where to go, just a barely visible trail to follow and a lovely steep climb at the summit. Got lost twice and had to use the tree line back at the road as my guide which was fun in itself so will definitely be doing that again now I know where to go.

Think I vaguely remember GAB? recommending Glendalough before? I'd recommend it for anyone regardless of fitness levels. Loads of different route options, all colour coded and well sign posted all the way round.

Comment

We were actually trying to get to Glendalough on Sunday, but had to settle for Kilmacanogue. Kevin's Bus - heretoforth to known as Kevin's Dumbass Bus, doesn't allow pre-bookings, so you need to turn up at a busstop and hope they have space. Which they didn't. I tried to convey with a facial expression through a mask quite how lunatic their policy was, but there we go. How fucking difficult would it be to incorporate booking in a website. They've had a year of sitting on their asses.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

We were actually trying to get to Glendalough on Sunday, but had to settle for Kilmacanogue. Kevin's Bus - heretoforth to known as Kevin's Dumbass Bus, doesn't allow pre-bookings, so you need to turn up at a busstop and hope they have space. Which they didn't. I tried to convey with a facial expression through a mask quite how lunatic their policy was, but there we go. How fucking difficult would it be to incorporate booking in a website. They've had a year of sitting on their asses.
                Open offer, any time that suits you. I'll pick you up and take ye to Glendalough when I'm going for a wander. Can either come along with me or do yer own jaunt and I'll drop you home after.

Comment

In Kilmacanogue I stopped some guy and said how do we get up the mountain. He said to follow him and led us up the road. As we passed by a house I said 'we actually used to live in that house' and it turns out his parents had bought the house from my parents 30 years ago and he had spent most of his life there. Maybe its not quite a 'such a small freaking world' anecdote, given we were more or less beside the house in question, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Open offer, any time that suits you. I'll pick you up and take ye to Glendalough when I'm going for a wander. Can either come along with me or do yer own jaunt and I'll drop you home after.
                    Let's do it, that would be amazing! (the social one, rather than me wandering off like a weirdo)

Comment

The DUP are some clown car, this latest adventure will not end well
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wicklow is like 4 counties in 1. Great spot to day trip or do a day's drinking in various places but I wouldn't recommend staying in it for even a night unless you were doing 3 or 4 nights across the county.

Comment

This guy absolutely cracks me up

Comment

Finding my cooking course on rouxbe.com to be excellent. Maybe just because I knew so little. Today was a knife skill demonstration meal and just involved a few simple enough cuts and techniques in order to make couscous with veg added, but between all the sub-techniques and the flavours, it was genuinely amazing. Can really start to see how you can develop flavours with the right types of cuts and combinations. I was never a bad cook - I cook all the food in the house - but hadn't really thought about it too much before from a fundamental perspective. Tomorrow is more cuts - making a minestrone - looks pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Apparently it's not fair to remind them:
                              1. they supported Brexit
                              2. they were the ones who shot down Teresa May's deal
                              3. they supported Boris's deal i.e. the NI Protocol, which is apparently now the worst thing ever
                              Scarily enough, Foster is one of the more reasonable leaders. Can't wait to see what lunatic succeeds her.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                Wicklow is like 4 counties in 1. Great spot to day trip or do a day's drinking in various places but I wouldn't recommend staying in it for even a night unless you were doing 3 or 4 nights across the county.
                                Wicklow explained:
                                1. Bray, bits of Arklow and Wicklow town: skangers
                                2. Coastal strip (Greystones especially) + Enniskerry: transplanted Southsiders
                                3. Brittas Bay: Dubs on the beach
                                4. Hilly bit: sheep and men who are fond of sheep. Dubs walking\cycling about recreationally.
                                5. West and Southern bits; 'real' Wicklow people. Big beards, come down to the town once a month. Don't get in a fight with them.

Comment

Feck reeling in the years. These are great

Comment

Gotta be one of the best lyrics ever:

And I'm hiding in Honduras
                                    I'm a desperate man
                                    Send lawyers guns and money
                                    The shit has hit the fan

Comment

Cruises allowed to go from England from May 17th. I would have thought they'd be the last thing to start up again.
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

My Dad has a leg in Isotope in the first today. Very positive words from Joseph on it. Outside of knowing that think it has a decent ew chance anyway.
                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I am really liking this guy's work on the European Soccer League (and soccer generally) - very funny but also 100% accurate

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                            My Dad has a leg in Isotope in the first today. Very positive words from Joseph on it. Outside of knowing that think it has a decent ew chance anyway.
                                            Important question: is he a luckbox of the same order of magnitude as yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

That's brilliant. I've lived in all three of the places he mentions. The Swan is a very weird shopping centre.

Comment

Important question: is he a luckbox of the same order of magnitude as yourself?
                                                Well he backed the winner of the Irish National
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Quiros FRL in Tenerife 200/1

Comment

Well he backed the winner of the Irish National
                                                    Lumpage so.

Comment

Talk to me about Duvets and Pillows
                                                      Looking at Foxford stuff in arnotts as they seem to have a whopper sale on.

for example
                                                      This Boutique Collection Aloe Vera duvet from Foxford is a super soft microfibre duvet. The cover has been treated with Aloe Vera which makes it super soft and suitable for those who have allergies and sensitive skin. Silconised premium quality hollowfibre. Suitable for those with allergies and sensetive skin. comes in 10.5 tog ( medium weight ) & 13.5 Tog ( warm weight ). Matchign pillow pair available sold seperately.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Quiros FRL in Tenerife 200/1
                                                              Gone for Ulhein at 150 to 1 n the US . Playing well

Comment

Used to work with a lad Fred who was schizophrenic. When he went off his meds he would start acting weird and saying very dark things. He would mutter to himself things like "Hitler was right" and stare at people with a blank expression. Freaked one of the girls in the office out one day pointing a plastic gun around at various people with the blank staring look (the guns were mine from an office fancy dress thing)

I was his boss (lol at me being a boss, I was like 22/23)
                                                                I was asked to "keep an eye on him" by a dept head, to report if he was exhibiting unusual behaviour. I took that to mean the dark stuff as unusual behaviour was fairly regular with our Fred. He was a bit insecure so you literally had to invite him to things like booze ups, sports days,quizzes, 7 a sides etc but happy to go in the end.

He was more sociable when on the meds in a kind of stoned way. Like we would be cracking wise at the break and something would tickle him and he would crack up with this really high pitched laugh and promptly fall off his chair!
                                                                He had a habit of rocking back on the chair feet up on the desk, hands on the back of his head,teetering.
                                                                Regularly fell off arms flailing and grabbing at computer cables to break his fall. On at least 2 occasions he dragged monitors, keyboards, towers with him and would somehow manage to knock over nearby pedestal and contents.

He loved break time just listening to the banter and cracking up every now and again.

Back then smoking was allowed in the workplace so the smokers would light up at the desk puffing away.
                                                                Fred of course eschewed ashtrays favouring the metal deskside bin to chuck his butts into.
                                                                One day I was there sniffing the air trying to pinpoint where the smell of smoke was coming from. I hear my boss admonishing Fred. "Your bins on fire Fred" shes saying in a slightly panicked manner. Fred is staring down at his desk in complete denial "Its not, Its not on fire"
                                                                At this point there is smoke billowing from the bin and my boss is nearly shrieking now. "Its on fire Fred, theres smoke"
                                                                Fred still insisting "Its not, its not"
                                                                Fred then abruptly picks up the metal bin walks over to the double doors leading out to the green area. The rush of wind catches the contents of the bin and theres smoldering bits of paper and tissue flying all over the place. Safety guy sets off the alarm and 5 minutes later the entire building is emptied and we are all standing in the fire assembly area getting counted.

Of course we are loving this break from routine. All the various sections are gathered at their respective assembly points and you can hear the murmurings "what happened?" "Bin on fire" "Fred?" etc

Fred was somehow last out of the building and under the gaze of 5 sections and maybe 100 awestruck people Fred strolls calmly past everyone up to us with a big grin on his face, shakes a Marlboro out of a crumpled pack and with a delivery worthy of an oscar winner says "Anyone got a light"

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

He's class. He's banging them out at a pretty impressive rate, wonder if it's a lockdown thing. Am wondering at what point does he run out of material.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                    Cruises allowed to go from England from May 17th. I would have thought they'd be the last thing to start up again.
                                                                    All the oldies be vaccinated sure?
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                      He's class. He's banging them out at a pretty impressive rate, wonder if it's a lockdown thing. Am wondering at what point does he run out of material.
                                                                      His Kimmage one was a major factor in me deciding to buy a house in Kimmage.

He's ridiculously on the money with some of the glib comments. Lots of very good content!

Comment

May 24th for the grand reopening, it seems. Everything except indoor dining. But pubs, everything, all systems go.

Comment

That podcast recording was quite nerve wracking. Having just a fundamental doubt as to what sentences will emerge from your mouth for three quarters of an hour.
                                                                          What was the podcast?

Comment

May 24th for the grand reopening, it seems. Everything except indoor dining. But pubs, everything, all systems go.
                                                                            Are you not a week early with May 24th? Seeing the week after the June bank holiday for inter county travel which leads to everything reopening.

I'd be delighted if you're right with May 24th btw as it means we could head off for the June BH and enjoy ourselves for a long weekend.

Comment

We, humans, are obsessed with whole numbers. How many burgers do you want? One. How many children are you going to have? Two. How old are you? Forty-one...you get my point.

And in some ways this makes sense. When someone asks how old you are, you have to limit the discreteness of the answer to some degree for the sake of brevity.

But I think defaulting to whole numbers hurts us a lot more than you can imagine. There is a multitude of scenarios in which the optimum number of iterations is a fraction. Meeting a friend for a quick drink... One is not enough, but after two it's physically impossible to stop, so say goodbye to the rest of the evening and most of the morning. One and a half is the perfect amount. Ever feel gross after a burger? You should try stopping after three fifths. Have you read two John Grisham books? You would have been better served with one and two fifths.

Strangely enough, films have worked this well, settling on one and a half hours. Directors that insist on going longer are subconsciously disobeying the law of fractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

All the oldies be vaccinated sure?
                                                                                Younger people go on cruises too. Also usually 40% of the people on a ship are staff, and most of them will be younger too.

Comment

Let's all say 5 and 1/2 hail Mary's and 3 and a 1/3 our Fathers for Hector Jelly. He is losing it . OR welcome to the dark side HJ .

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

We, humans, are obsessed with whole numbers. How many burgers do you want? One. How many children are you going to have? Two. How old are you? Forty-one...you get my point.

And in some ways this makes sense. When someone asks how old you are, you have to limit the discreteness of the answer to some degree for the sake of brevity.

But I think defaulting to whole numbers hurts us a lot more than you can imagine. There is a multitude of scenarios in which the optimum number of iterations is a fraction. Meeting a friend for a quick drink... One is not enough, but after two it's physically impossible to stop, so say goodbye to the rest of the evening and most of the morning. One and a half is the perfect amount. Ever feel gross after a burger? You should try stopping after three fifths. Have you read two John Grisham books? You would have been better served with one and two fifths.

Strangely enough, films have worked this well, settling on one and a half hours. Directors that insist on going longer are subconsciously disobeying the law of fractions.
                                                                                    But that drink and a half is 852 whole milliliters.

And that 1 and 2/5s John Grisham book is 700 whole page.

And that 3/5 of a burger is 240 whole calories.

And that 1.5 hours is 90 whole minutes.

I suppose this actually confirms your point about obsession with whole numbers.
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Younger people go on cruises too. Also usually 40.25% of the people on a ship are staff, and 3/5th of them will be younger too.
                                                                                      The Love Boat sez you lie. Also FYP

Comment

I blame Sesame Street .

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Are you not a week early with May 24th? Seeing the week after the June bank holiday for inter county travel which leads to everything reopening.

I'd be delighted if you're right with May 24th btw as it means we could head off for the June BH and enjoy ourselves for a long weekend.
                                                                                          I'd also take June 1st as it's a few days before the June BH and would give us enough time to make quick plans and get away. Man, imagine walking back into a pub and being able to sit down for a pint, no magical covid food required and no time limit. Just 3 or 4 pints and a natter.

Comment

All this talk about burgers is making me hungry.
                                                                                            Feck it havent had a Micky D's in ages ..quarter pounder meal coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post

He still completely crushed it though.. Just love watching him play. Would love to hear the stories of how he got on in the huge Asian cash games.

Emmet They're on PokerGo.. Might be able to find them on some torrent somewhere though.
                                                                                              Had a pretty surreal experience with him a couple years back at a Triton Poker event in Montenegro. There was a bunch of American players at these events I'd never seen at any other poker tours, chatting to one player and got to know him a little. My fiancee was with me for a little holiday but she doesn't really understand poker or who these guys are.

I'd chatted with the above poker player on a layover in Istanbul and when we arrived at the hotel in Montenegro he was having a drink on his own so we invited him to join us, he starts to talk about whiskey and my fiancee brings up she works for a whiskey distillery. Just shooting the breeze and having a nice evening and he asked how it was working for PokerNews etc and I mention how last time we were here Tom Dwan was really tricky to lock down for an interview and he mentions himself & Tom are really good friends. Queue a little while later who turns up at the hotel Tom Dwan. He see's his friend so he pops over to say hello and we get the introduction.

He ends up joining us for a drink and we're all just shooting the breeze, he mentions he's from New York and my fiancee tells him she use to live there for a couple years. Lots of chatting going on and I'm just sitting there taking it all in thinking "this is mad"
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Michael Collins is dead . The one not shot by his own kind.. unless you count shot into Space .

Comment

Today is the day I finally get back ino profit off Dunvegan.

Saver and FC Crossed my mind
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Today is the day I finally get back ino profit off Dunvegan.

Saver and FC Crossed my mind
                                                                                                    Had him backed top 4 - got there but start didn't help his win prospects.

Comment

A curiously enjoyable experience watching Man City being played off the park.

Comment

My flatmate started this site selling candles. She is great, relentlessly entrepreneurial and optimistic. If anyone fancies supporting a small cottage business. The candles are pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          You mean Abu Dhabi Sportswashing FC vs Qatar Sportwashing FC?

All we need is a fake sheikh in the stand and this game's got everything.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                            http://www.Candlestine.com

My flatmate started this site selling candles. She is great, relentlessly entrepreneurial and optimistic. If anyone fancies supporting a small cottage business. The candles are pretty great.
                                                                                                            Did you model for the Apollo brand?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                              http://www.Candlestine.com

I get all mine from candleland

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                Annual BBV power test complete.
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Qatar Sportswashing FC losing the plot here.

Comment

Apparently it's not fair to remind them:
                                                                                                                    1. they supported Brexit
                                                                                                                    2. they were the ones who shot down Teresa May's deal
                                                                                                                    3. they supported Boris's deal i.e. the NI Protocol, which is apparently now the worst thing ever
                                                                                                                    Scarily enough, Foster is one of the more reasonable leaders. Can't wait to see what lunatic succeeds her.
                                                                                                                    Foster confirmed gonzo.

You can now order your favourite Aussie lager again. If you live in the early 90s.

Comment

Finding my cooking course on rouxbe.com to be excellent. Maybe just because I knew so little. Today was a knife skill demonstration meal and just involved a few simple enough cuts and techniques in order to make couscous with veg added, but between all the sub-techniques and the flavours, it was genuinely amazing. Can really start to see how you can develop flavours with the right types of cuts and combinations. I was never a bad cook - I cook all the food in the house - but hadn't really thought about it too much before from a fundamental perspective. Tomorrow is more cuts - making a minestrone - looks pretty amazing.
                                                                                                                      I swear to god this minestrone was the best thing I've ever created across all categories.

Comment

I swear to god this minestrone was the best thing I've ever created across all categories.
                                                                                                                        I love discovering some new hobby, craft, or sport. That engrossing child-like feeling of wanting to learn every possible piece of info or mastering techniques is just unbeatable. I could even say rediscovering the love for something that you hadn't done in a long time. Cooking a new recipe or making something you hadn't done in years really taps into that feeling.

Had a little moment like this a couple of days ago practicing at the driving range and felt like I had just learned to ride a bike for the first time. I'm an absolutely brutal golfer who's only playing since last summer. For context, I could count on one hand the number of birdies I made. I learned how to fade and draw the ball after reading a chart about club path and face angle. I thought it was a fluke at first but I was able to repeat it about 75% of the time I tried. Granted I will continue to make regular simple mistakes causing mishits, chunks, etc but I know that's a LONG road to any sort of proficiency. Nonetheless, I finally felt like I had really made a breakthrough and left the range with huge optimism. The golf gods will soon punish my confidence and I'm fully expecting when I play tomorrow that I'll mishit every single tee shot.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I love discovering some new hobby, craft, or sport. That engrossing child-like feeling of wanting to learn every possible piece of info or mastering techniques is just unbeatable. I could even say rediscovering the love for something that you hadn't done in a long time. Cooking a new recipe or making something you hadn't done in years really taps into that feeling.

Had a little moment like this a couple of days ago practicing at the driving range and felt like I had just learned to ride a bike for the first time. I'm an absolutely brutal golfer who's only playing since last summer. For context, I could count on one hand the number of birdies I made. I learned how to fade and draw the ball after reading a chart about club path and face angle. I thought it was a fluke at first but I was able to repeat it about 75% of the time I tried. Granted I will continue to make regular simple mistakes causing mishits, chunks, etc but I know that's a LONG road to any sort of proficiency. Nonetheless, I finally felt like I had really made a breakthrough and left the range with huge optimism. The golf gods will soon punish my confidence and I'm fully expecting when I play tomorrow that I'll mishit every single tee shot.
                                                                                                                          I don't play golf but I hear the above is how they suck ya in.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X